how to watch korean TV

Discuss Korean TV Variety, Game, Music and any other TV shows that is not drama.
pdk001

how to watch korean TV

Post by pdk001 » May 2nd, '06, 04:29

this is a guide how to watch korean TV, movies, games and sports etc...
it's only for watching them though, you do also broadcast something you want if you have a TV card or saved VOD's into your PC
i will run it if you want to watch korean TV
http://www.football4less.com/streams/pdbox.html
enjoy watch it

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » May 2nd, '06, 04:33

ah don't exactly understand you objective...no offense...LOVE korean dramas and such and my bro has a Korean gf (temp studying here in America) would love to know how to get a little piece of Korea in her life now..that's all

snowfairy

Re: how to watch korean TV

Post by snowfairy » May 2nd, '06, 05:44

pdk001 wrote:this is a guide how to watch korean TV, movies, games and sports etc...
it's only for watching them though, you do also broadcast something you want if you have a TV card or saved VOD's into your PC
enjoy watch it
People who visit this forum may not understand Korean without subtitles..

So there's no point watching Korean TV if they don't understand..

Listening to Korean radio station is a different matter, cause it's a song anyway..

yurrie

Post by yurrie » May 2nd, '06, 06:28

is it the same with tvant?
i love watchin loveletter and perfect couple in tvant =)
altho i dun understand what they are sayin .. its funny anyway just watchin their expression =P

yurrie

Post by yurrie » May 2nd, '06, 06:42

i always got error message after i sign up ...
can u tell me whats the address for the index?
thanx =)

proud2beSlow

Re: how to watch korean TV

Post by proud2beSlow » May 7th, '06, 17:31

pdk001 wrote:this is a guide how to watch korean TV, movies, games and sports etc...
enjoy watch it
but do they have eng subtitles

stupoh

Post by stupoh » May 8th, '06, 02:48

@pdk001: Ah thanks for the link! the other website i usually used to watch korean tv is not available anymore..
One question, i dont get the exact same link as explained in that tutorial, is afreeca is the same thing?

@snowfairy: What do you mean there's no point? As yurrie said, though there's no subtitle, because this service is primarily for korean people, but you still can watch funny shows like love letter or xmen (still funny without subtitle) and you can also watch music shows which is the same like listening to music (but better)

@yurrie: I've never heard of tvant, is that another korean internet tv? link please, tia

EDIT: I can log in using my ClubBox username and password, so if you already have clubbox account you dont need to register again CMIIW

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 8th, '06, 03:01

yeah, there are internet links to watch tv on the net...
i even watch there to watch my fav korean dramas [even though i dont understand what theyre saying :lol] , i even embedded it in my blog just in case...
here's some links:
[url=mms://live.imbc.com/OnAirTV]mbc[/url]
[url=mms://218.53.176.30/multi_live]sbs[/url]
hope it helps...

Yurrie: how to use TVANT? ...clueless...

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » May 8th, '06, 03:02

stupoh wrote:@
@snowfairy: What do you mean there's no point? As yurrie said, though there's no subtitle, because this service is primarily for korean people, but you still can watch funny shows like love letter or xmen (still funny without subtitle) and you can also watch music shows which is the same like listening to music (but better)
I guess you are Korean and understand korean rite?

Hmm, I wonder why you need that kind of links when you can watch TV in Korea..

stupoh

Post by stupoh » May 8th, '06, 03:59

No im not korean, im a foreigner but i stay/live in korea right now. I have to spend most of my time in front of my computer, inside my lab room. But, that's not the point isnt it?

And err im learning korean now so no i dont understand korean language either..

@buffyreg: thx for the links buffyreg!

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 8th, '06, 04:31

And err im learning korean now so no i dont understand korean language either..

@buffyreg: thx for the links buffyreg!
ur welcome...
im also learning the korean language ryt now, and its quite hard, hehhee....

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » May 8th, '06, 05:29

stupoh wrote:No im not korean, im a foreigner but i stay/live in korea right now. I have to spend most of my time in front of my computer, inside my lab room. But, that's not the point isnt it?

!
??? :unsure:

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » May 8th, '06, 16:56

I heard learning korean was easy for foreigners...

It's acutally not a hard language to learn.

kanela

Post by kanela » May 13th, '06, 03:48

I found this really great site that offers Korean, Japanese and Chinese movies/dramas via streaming. All shows come with English subtitles. I've watched a couple of movies and it's pretty good plus it's free to join.

http://aznv.tv/en/

I'm still trying to figure a way to capture the shows so that I can save them on my pc but without much luck. If anyone does figure it out, please let me know.

yurrie

Post by yurrie » May 13th, '06, 04:27

sorry took me long enough to reply =P

ehm tvants..
i used to watch goong on tvants..while they still on air in korea
and also perfect couple ...

but now the sbs channel doesnt really work anymore
i think the website is tvants.com...
and u need to download the program
by clickin on the white box with arrow pointing down

they have other channels too ..
like espn .. mtv .. etc

yurrie

Post by yurrie » May 13th, '06, 04:37

but everytime i click the O button after signing up ..
i got an error message
><
anyone got the same problem?
can someone redirect me to the web where i can download the program?
thanx

pennyloo

Post by pennyloo » May 13th, '06, 05:07

kanela wrote:I found this really great site that offers Korean, Japanese and Chinese movies/dramas via streaming. All shows come with English subtitles. I've watched a couple of movies and it's pretty good plus it's free to join.

I'm still trying to figure a way to capture the shows so that I can save them on my pc but without much luck. If anyone does figure it out, please let me know.
I know how to do that...capture the shows..I think you can use video downloader 2.0...
Its a website which allows u to paste the link for a video (e.g a video on youtube,google video, metacafe,ifilm..etc...) but u MUST have a url link to the video....just follow the easy (very simple instructions on this webpage) : http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php And you're set to go....(i don't know whether AZNTV has direct url links to their videos...u can try...

But so far i've tried with Videos broadcasted on YOUTUBE and they work fine.....btw the video files are downloaded into .flv format though....so mb some players dont support that format...(but then again all u need to do is download a codec plugin) (i know that VLC Media Player does!)

Happy trying!
[/url]

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 14th, '06, 11:34

hi there! thanx for azntv link... it works but my pc is quite slow so its a buffer and play here... another thing, bwt the downloading... i tried getting the vids cos i got the playing url , but it doesnt work... they could detect it if someone's gonna dl and they immediately pop-up a msg saying that "downloading is not permitted" and all... they only allow streaming, i guess...

kanela

Post by kanela » May 15th, '06, 11:10

pennyloo wrote:
kanela wrote:I found this really great site that offers Korean, Japanese and Chinese movies/dramas via streaming. All shows come with English subtitles. I've watched a couple of movies and it's pretty good plus it's free to join.

I know how to do that...capture the shows..I think you can use video downloader 2.0...
Its a website which allows u to paste the link for a video (e.g a video on youtube,google video, metacafe,ifilm..etc...) but u MUST have a url link to the video....just follow the easy (very simple instructions on this webpage) : http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php And you're set to go....(i don't know whether AZNTV has direct url links to their videos...u can try...

But so far i've tried with Videos broadcasted on YOUTUBE and they work fine.....btw the video files are downloaded into .flv format though....so mb some players dont support that format...(but then again all u need to do is download a codec plugin) (i know that VLC Media Player does!)

Happy trying!
[/url]
Thanks for the info...AZNTV is slightly different from YOUTUBE in that you don't actually view the vid files via the webpage but instead download a link to access them via winamp so the files are actually in NSV format. It is possible to get the http link though...will give that site and program a try though

mystic818

Post by mystic818 » May 15th, '06, 11:40

Kanela...aznv.tv looks good but when I tried to register, they said that they are full and are not accepting anymore people right now :( ! It looked like they offered a lot of dramas and movies...too bad...

kanela

Post by kanela » May 16th, '06, 06:25

mystic818 wrote:Kanela...aznv.tv looks good but when I tried to register, they said that they are full and are not accepting anymore people right now :( ! It looked like they offered a lot of dramas and movies...too bad...
Mystic...sorry to hear that...I guess I was lucky cos I only joined sometime late last month. Keep checking though cos they may just open up registrations again

ooyuioo

Post by ooyuioo » Nov 18th, '06, 05:36

[quote="kanela"]I found this really great site that offers Korean, Japanese and Chinese movies/dramas via streaming. All shows come with English subtitles. I've watched a couple of movies and it's pretty good plus it's free to join.

I'm still trying to figure a way to capture the shows so that I can save them on my pc but without much luck. If anyone does figure it out, please let me know.[/quote]

They are accepting new accounts again. They say just for the "next 48 hours" though. Keep looking :-)
*Note you need Winamp5.

gougz

Post by gougz » Nov 18th, '06, 14:57

another way to watch korean tv ::KBS WORLD : u can watch all the current dramas of kbs with english sub :D (pure 19, cloud stairs...)
it's available in Europe and middle east in 2 satelitte (hotbird and eurobird) and of course it's free to air, u just need a receiver and a satelitte dish
here are the frequencies :
- kbs world (on hotbird 13°est) : 11623 verticale 27500
- kbs world (on eurobird 25.8° est) : 11662 verticale 27500

i really enjoy it, there are also show and documentaries with english sub :D

for the us there is also Kbs america but i don't know if it's free or not since i'm not us resident!

ooyuioo

Post by ooyuioo » Nov 19th, '06, 17:48

Here are the streaming seeds for major stations.
I watch them on Windows Media Player.

Start WMP.
Press Ctrl+U and "Open URL" will popup.
Copypaste these addresses and click OK.

MBC
mms://210.114.221.153/busanmbc_tv_onair_9541

KBS1
mms://livet.kbs.co.kr/news_1tv?free_sports/*.asf

KBS2
mms://livet.kbs.co.kr/news_2tv?free_sports/*.asf

EBS
mms://219.240.37.11/L-TV_300k

YTN
mms://ytninternet.co.kr/ytn5926_200k

KCTV
mms://media1.kctvjeju.com/live05

Mnet
mms://210.122.109.157/mnet

KMTV
mms://210.122.109.157/kmtv

The SBS seeds dont work for me...but here's one via TBS.
mms://live.tbc.co.kr/tbc_tv

kanela

Post by kanela » Nov 21st, '06, 01:40

pennyloo wrote:I know how to do that...capture the shows..I think you can use video downloader 2.0...

Happy trying!
[/url]
I know that works for youtube and google vids but it doesn't work for this site because the vids are not embedded at their site but rather are streamed to your winamp player.

gougz

Post by gougz » Nov 21st, '06, 02:48

ooyuioo wrote:Here are the streaming seeds for major stations.
I watch them on Windows Media Player.

Start WMP.
Press Ctrl+U and "Open URL" will popup.
Copypaste these addresses and click OK.

MBC
mms://210.114.221.153/busanmbc_tv_onair_9541

KBS1
mms://livet.kbs.co.kr/news_1tv?free_sports/*.asf

KBS2
mms://livet.kbs.co.kr/news_2tv?free_sports/*.asf

EBS
mms://219.240.37.11/L-TV_300k

YTN
mms://ytninternet.co.kr/ytn5926_200k

KCTV
mms://media1.kctvjeju.com/live05

Mnet
mms://210.122.109.157/mnet

KMTV
mms://210.122.109.157/kmtv

The SBS seeds dont work for me...but here's one via TBS.
mms://live.tbc.co.kr/tbc_tv

big thx dude :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Dec 3rd, '06, 09:09

you can also watch korean tv on tvn networks. its a free tv program on the net. it can broadcast any tv station in the world. i just don't know the exact url of the website. i'll repost if i find it.

woo_kmk

Post by woo_kmk » Dec 27th, '06, 07:03

actually if you download GOM player you can get free korean TV or afreeca to get internet TV

gougz

Post by gougz » Dec 27th, '06, 15:13

woo_kmk wrote:actually if you download GOM player you can get free korean TV or afreeca to get internet TV
afreeca still works?

woo_kmk

Post by woo_kmk » Dec 27th, '06, 21:36

gougz wrote:
woo_kmk wrote:actually if you download GOM player you can get free korean TV or afreeca to get internet TV
afreeca still works?
yea it does suprisingly

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Dec 28th, '06, 02:37

found the program i'm saying in my last post. have'nt tried the program yet and don't know if there's a korean TV network broadcasting there. Anyways its for free all you need is a broadband internet connection and the program just don't know the catch if you use the program. you can download it on http://www.tvunetwork.com i saw it from an IT show here in the philippines.

agiri

Post by agiri » Dec 31st, '06, 06:43

is it just me, or is the mnet server always full? o0;;???

H2O

Post by H2O » Jan 1st, '07, 03:47

Thank you so much ooyuioo! 8) Those links are working great! They're stable, right? :lol I hope so because I've been trying to get Mnet but TVAnts isn't working for me for about two months now. :(

kylo

Post by kylo » Dec 2nd, '08, 10:48

on tvkoo there are 2xmbc hd and kbs2 hd :whistling:

cindy--rox

Post by cindy--rox » Dec 5th, '08, 23:47

kylo wrote:on tvkoo there are 2xmbc hd and kbs2 hd :whistling:
do you have a link??
cuz i googled tvkoo and when i installed it the program only gave me chinese channels...