[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
shinorei

Post by shinorei » Nov 12th, '06, 19:19

^ That's very interesting. But I wonder how they're gonna compress 10+ volumes of Nodame manga into 11 episodes of Nodame live-action episodes. o.o I hope they don't leave out the exciting parts. Maybe I'll read the manga after watching. ^^

Jinnypoo

Post by Jinnypoo » Nov 12th, '06, 22:07

Hi, everyone. I've been lurking around this site for so long, and I had only caved in after experiencing withdrawal from Nodame Cantabile D= Only after 2 episodes, I can safely say that I'm very hooked into this show, since I myself am a pianist and LOVE classical music!

While the temptation to download the raws are great, I'd like to keep myself to downloading the hardsub versions by siantut and his/her team. Good job guys, and I'm looking forward to watching the next episodes. =)

(...and I don't really mind having myself spoiled in this thread, since my IRL friends rave on it a lot!)

nim

Post by nim » Nov 12th, '06, 22:10

Jinnypoo: you know ep3 softsub is out.. or did you mean you really want it hardsubbed or just subbed?

Jinnypoo

Post by Jinnypoo » Nov 12th, '06, 22:23

Yes, I know, but I like the hardsubbed version~ >_<

I guess I just need to exercise my patience skills. =D

canon05

Post by canon05 » Nov 12th, '06, 22:38

That's very interesting. But I wonder how they're gonna compress 10+ volumes of Nodame manga into 11 episodes of Nodame live-action episodes. o.o I hope they don't leave out the exciting parts. Maybe I'll read the manga after watching.
^ Oh this only covers 10 volumes? are they going to make the second part? I thought the volume 15 is the final-----> I only read up to ep 8.

Forgetful

Post by Forgetful » Nov 12th, '06, 22:48

canon05 wrote:
That's very interesting. But I wonder how they're gonna compress 10+ volumes of Nodame manga into 11 episodes of Nodame live-action episodes. o.o I hope they don't leave out the exciting parts. Maybe I'll read the manga after watching.
^ Oh this only covers 10 volumes? are they going to make the second part? I thought the volume 15 is the final-----> I only read up to ep 8.
The Nodame Cantabile manga has, to date, 16 volumes. Vol. 16 was released in Japan last month.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 12th, '06, 22:48

canon05 wrote:
Volume 16 was published in Japan awhile ago. There is no indication that this manga series is going to end soon.

darcu

Post by darcu » Nov 12th, '06, 23:14

people i am desperate i am new and have a qeustion i am looking for tv show called the young hero fong sai yuk

the head player = dicky cheung i am searching it now for more ten 5 years please someone help where can i get it download it pleas help thnx

nim

Post by nim » Nov 12th, '06, 23:28

Jinnypoo wrote:Yes, I know, but I like the hardsubbed version~ >_<

I guess I just need to exercise my patience skills. =D
whoah, that's like... you're like meditating under a waterfall, dude! (EDIT: on empty stomach with suchi-dish beside you!)

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 13th, '06, 06:20

sorry that I am late, was busy over the weekends and also was working on the Team's HP. Soft and hardsub of ep 3 should be released within these 3 days, and BETA of ep 4 within 4 days. Thanks for your patience!

applebear

Post by applebear » Nov 13th, '06, 06:41

They are showing Nodame on AZN in the states, fyi.
I caught part of episode 2 tonight. It's not subbed, but it was still kind of cool to see.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 13th, '06, 07:20

siantut wrote:
sorry that I am late, was busy over the weekends and also was working on the Team's HP. Soft and hardsub of ep 3 should be released within these 3 days, and BETA of ep 4 within 4 days. Thanks for your patience!
Thank you for the update siantut. I hope you are still enjoying this project and not putting unnecessary pressure on yourself.

Anyway, episode 5 is showing in a few hours. The last installment finished a story arc without setting up the next one. Since I stopped reading the manga to avoid spoiling the dorama, I haven't a clue about what's coming up. I liked the predatory expression on Saiko's face (Chiaki's ex) when S-oke finished playing, and I hope this character sticks around to provide some kind of interference to Nodame + Chiaki.

airskape

Post by airskape » Nov 13th, '06, 09:59

someone please tell me this drama gets better..
i couldn't even finish watching ep 1..the humour in this is probably one of the lamest things i have ever watched in a jdrama

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 13th, '06, 10:41

someone please tell me this drama gets better..
i couldn't even finish watching ep 1..the humour in this is probably one of the lamest things i have ever watched in a jdrama
If you didn't like ep.1, this is probably not your cup of tea. Although the people that frequent this thread tend to like it, a contrary view such as yours shouldn't be unwelcome, but do try not to piss in their lemonade, so to speak.

shinorei

Post by shinorei » Nov 13th, '06, 11:53

Yeah, the manga of Nodame Cantabile seems neverending to me. o_o (Means it's not going to end any time soon). Sorry I sounded misleading. >_<

airskape - Yeah, if you didn't like the humor of this series, then you should skip it. Some scenes are really silly but I love the classical part of it. ^^ Makes me wanna take up music again. xD

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 13th, '06, 13:06

I actually did stop by a barnes and noble bookstore over the weekend to take a look at the manga. I guess I've been pampered by the wonderful eye candies of the dramas' great casts, I didn't think the art looks very good. However if the drama can't cover the whole story, of course I'll run out and get the manga. Hopefully there'll be a second season (because it is most likely they won't be able to cover everything). I for one don't want this drama to end. :mrgreen:

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 13th, '06, 13:58

airskape wrote:someone please tell me this drama gets better..
You want someone to tell you that it gets better....TO IU WAKE DE, I am telling you that YES it gets even better and better DESU! Episode 5 has just ended less than an hour ago and it is also a good episode DESU!

The mongoose made an appearance in Ep 5....TO IU WAKE DE, here I am appearing in my mongoose custome in my avatar DESU!
Some people think I am male because I put "female" in my profile.....TO IU WAKE DE, I want to say that I am not male DESU! TO IU WAKE DE, I am a FEMALE mongoose DESU!

If you find my joke the lamest thing you have ever read in any Forum, then stop reading it .....TO IU WAKE DE.....BRAVO Nodame Cantabile and S-Oke.....DESU!

:lol
Last edited by siantut on Nov 13th, '06, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Nov 13th, '06, 15:44

Although I do love the soundtrack of this series, and the original concept introduced in episode 1, I'm disappointed that Nodame isn't receiving more screen time. The drama is named after her, but the way the episodes are going, she's more like a supporting actress than the main character. Much of the focus is on Chiaki, and Nodame's acting more like the comic relief. Is it different in the manga?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 13th, '06, 16:07

shinorei wrote:Yeah, the manga of Nodame Cantabile seems neverending to me. o_o (Means it's not going to end any time soon). Sorry I sounded misleading. >_<
I think that there is enough material to easily go into 20 volumes (currently it's up to 16) and even 30 volumes would not exhaust the plotlines
shinorei wrote:airskape - Yeah, if you didn't like the humor of this series, then you should skip it. Some scenes are really silly but I love the classical part of it. ^^ Makes me wanna take up music again. xD
Agreed, however, I think anyone who can enjoy shojo manga will enjoy this series. Nodame looks like she stepped right out of a shojo manga. I've never seen an actor or actress be so like a manga character without seeing him or her visibly "trying".

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Nov 13th, '06, 20:51

siantut wrote:
airskape wrote:someone please tell me this drama gets better..
You want someone to tell you that it gets better....TO IU WAKE DE, I am telling you that YES it gets even better and better DESU! Episode 5 has just ended less than an hour ago and it is also a good episode DESU!

The mongoose made an appearance in Ep 5....TO IU WAKE DE, here I am appearing in my mongoose custome in my avatar DESU!
Some people think I am male because I put "female" in my profile.....TO IU WAKE DE, I want to say that I am not male DESU! TO IU WAKE DE, I am a FEMALE mongoose DESU!

If you find my joke the lamest thing you have ever read in any Forum, then stop reading it .....TO IU WAKE DE.....BRAVO Nodame Cantabile and S-Oke.....DESU!

:lol
TO IU WAKE DE, siantut-san, anata wa kawaii DESU!

LOL>>> That post made me laugh really hard.
oceansportrait wrote: Although I do love the soundtrack of this series, and the original concept introduced in episode 1, I'm disappointed that Nodame isn't receiving more screen time. The drama is named after her, but the way the episodes are going, she's more like a supporting actress than the main character. Much of the focus is on Chiaki, and Nodame's acting more like the comic relief. Is it different in the manga?
I've only read up to volume 6, but so far it is being focused on Chiaki. I have a feeling that it will focus more on Nodame on volume 7 (and also on Chiaki). In terms of the drama (I've only seen the first two episodes as of yet), if it stays true to the manga, then I will promise you that you will see much more of Nodame's character development in later episodes. I for one, will love to see *bleep bleep*.

(I won't spoil anything for you ^^;;.)
Nodame looks like she stepped right out of a shojo manga. I've never seen an actor or actress be so like a manga character without seeing him or her visibly "trying".
I so agree with you on this one. Ueno Juri is perfect for this role that I can't imagine anyone doing a better job at protraying Nodame than her.

penGy

Post by penGy » Nov 13th, '06, 22:34

I adore this drama. Both main leads are pure eye candy and Ueno Juri is so natural at her role, it's an absolute delight to watch. I was a bit skeptical at first with the whole instrumental theme, as instrumental talent tend to be feigned pretty poorly in Asian dramas. However, after reading that the majority (if not all) of the orchestra bunch are indeed, musically talented, I decided to download. And I love it - cast, soundtrack, production.

I can honestly say I'm now a J-drama convert. I love the length of them, as well as the intricate details and grand production scale, e.g. a musical drama with real musicians; the air stewards in 'Attention Please' worked with an existing airline company - and a well known one at that, too (Japan's best?); the rich people in 'Hana Yori Dango' actually showed their labels to let the viewers know they lived a life of materialistic luxury. And the length of the dramas mean draggy moments are rarely there - take K-dramas, for example, the drag would typically come in at ep.8.

Anyhow, yes, I like this drama. Unlike Taiwanese manga-to-dramas, the slapstick comedy isn't OTT (Mars?), but instead, quirky and fun. Can't wait for ep.5. :D

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 13th, '06, 23:05

oceansportrait wrote:Although I do love the soundtrack of this series, and the original concept introduced in episode 1, I'm disappointed that Nodame isn't receiving more screen time. The drama is named after her, but the way the episodes are going, she's more like a supporting actress than the main character. Much of the focus is on Chiaki, and Nodame's acting more like the comic relief. Is it different in the manga?
I haven't read the manga yet so I'm no wiser. However I think the story is not just about Nodame the person (er, the character), but about the Nodame style of music, cantabile. It is about traditions versus improvisation, about following the rules versus following your heart. Chiaki is the missing discipline part of Nodame, just as Nodame is the missing inspiration part of Chiaki.

This story is more about music, I think, than the individual characters. Obviously, though, the story has to be told from the perspective of the characters.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Nov 14th, '06, 02:00

^--True, but Chiaki is the protagonist... after all, the whole story is told through his eyes.
Hideaki_Ito wrote:I actually did stop by a barnes and noble bookstore over the weekend to take a look at the manga. I guess I've been pampered by the wonderful eye candies of the dramas' great casts, I didn't think the art looks very good. However if the drama can't cover the whole story, of course I'll run out and get the manga. Hopefully there'll be a second season (because it is most likely they won't be able to cover everything). I for one don't want this drama to end. :mrgreen:
How can you say that.... manga character designs are excellent, IMO. It's the actors here that I have difficulty with... well, only Chiaki, but whatever.

I doubt the LA will cover much story past vol.8 or so. If they don't, they'd have to simply expunge a large quantity of very-cool stuff.[/i]

nim

Post by nim » Nov 14th, '06, 02:20

sertainly you'll take more liking to the characters in the drama and the totally character-driven (read chiaki-driven) story if you've become acquainted with them in the manga first because of their great similarity and enactment in the drama.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 14th, '06, 03:47

siantut wrote: The mongoose made an appearance in Ep 5....
That's a mongoose?! :blink

My roommate and I were trying to figure out what that thing was and settled on a tanuki b/c of its connection with music... but for the life of me, I'd never imagine that it was supposed to be a mongoose... :lol
Why a mongoose? :scratch:
<3s-tei. wrote:Ueno Juri is perfect for this role that I can't imagine anyone doing a better job at protraying Nodame than her.
You're not the only one...
In the special preview episode, Eita was talking about how when he was filming a movie together with Ueno Juri a couple years back (Summer Time Machine Blues), the manga was getting pretty popular and everybody on the set figured Ueno Juri would be perfect as Nodame. In the same special, Ueno Juri mentioned how the first day the filmed on location at the music shool campus, everybody could instantly pick her out as Nodame.
:)

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 14th, '06, 04:01

I think the cast is really great, especially Nodame, Chiaki, Masumi and Mine. I can't imagine who can play Nodame better than Ueno Juri nor can I picture any other actor who's more perfect as Chiaki as Hiroshi Tamaki. (Hiroshi could change his image from a naive and tame next door guy in one drama to the badass cool guy in another drama and looked very damn convincing too.) Eita and the other guy are pretty good for the roles too. I love their expressions. This drama set is collectible item in my perspective (if only it comes with english subs.)

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 14th, '06, 07:06

Episode 5 of Nodame scored a viewer share of 19.9%. Its ratings actually went up while almost all the other dramas went down in week 5 of this season. If this keeps up, the show will be a hit, and the producers will probably try to squeeze more mileage from the franchise.

So, manga readers, do you think there's enough material for another full season? How quickly is the show going through the tankoubons? I think episodes 1-4 covered volumes 1- 4, and some of 5 of the manga, making for a roughly 1 to 1 ratio. Is that about right?

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 14th, '06, 13:26

I thought I saw a lower (18 some) rating from another site. Anyways, I didn't read but I skimmed through vol 4. Ep 5 covered up to about half (or so) of vol 4.

kakikukeko

Post by kakikukeko » Nov 14th, '06, 18:14

The fourth and fifth episodes have been great, now the story is finally kicking off. I know enough of the manga that while circumstances vary, Nodame will never become a real 'side character' ... Even if she isn't the main POV character of the show.

Some people might be put off by the humor in Nodame Cantabile, but all the physical abusing of Nodame belong to pretty classic tsukkomi setting. Their characters of Nodame the boke and Chiaki the tsukkomi are very traditional for this type of stand-up humor.

Episode five had excellent musical scenes in it, once again. If you watch the hands of the players, you can see they really play the songs you hear, with the video and audio correctly matched. Of course they avoid the usual angle of piano videos (since Chiaki's actor isn't quite THAT good of a player), but the illusion is preserved easily.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 14th, '06, 19:13

Episode 5 featured Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #2, which is one of my all-time favorites. It was a special treat for me because this is the first time I've heard the opening piano measures played without the orchestral accompaniment. My only beef is that in this particular rendition, the first movement was played a tad too slow for my taste.

The pretend piano playing here was very convincing and a great improvement over the previous episodes. Assuming they shoot scenes in the order of broadcast, this probably reflects the additional practice and time that the actor has had to grow into the role.

So far the show has kept a nice balance in maintaining its cartoony flavor without allowing the slapstick comedy to overwhelm the story so you can't take it seriously anymore. Along that vein, I'm glad to see Nodame display a wider emotional range at last. I was worried that her character would devolve into a mere caricature, but it looks like the next episode will flesh her out and give her a bit more depth.

lunas

Post by lunas » Nov 15th, '06, 03:26

I'm so in love with this series right now. :wub: Love the whole casts. I cannot get enough of it. Anyone know if the American publisher butchered up the manga or it's very true to the original Japanese version? Flip panel, stupid FX, characters name change, etc

gohan11

Post by gohan11 » Nov 15th, '06, 03:37

From what I seen Del Ray has done a good job with the English version of the manga. Actually few manga's these days are messed with to that extent, especially not shoujo's.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 15th, '06, 04:12

Ep 5 went by so fast I want to see more. I can't keep my eyes off Chiaki. :wub:

Chiaki in the new jacket. Yeah, the way I want to stalk Chiaki. :mrgreen: Awww... he smiles when he sees her. Sweetness.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 15th, '06, 08:33

lunas wrote:I'm so in love with this series right now. :wub: Love the whole casts. I cannot get enough of it. Anyone know if the American publisher butchered up the manga or it's very true to the original Japanese version? Flip panel, stupid FX, characters name change, etc
Maybe I can make a comparison on that on my HP later, I have both versions of the manga (japanese and english). I will add this topic in the Nodame Cantabile section of my HP.

Meanwhile, please read this which I copy and paste from the Nodame Cantabile subtitle thread:

The almost-final sub of ep 3 can be found here in my HP:
http://www.s-projects.org/index.php?categoryid=1
The Final Release will be uploaded here at d-addicts after the team's Typsetter finished typesetting the fonts and giving effects etc, and also after Seghal re-time it to be more accurate in timing. Meanwhile, if you are impatient, please download it there on my HP.

I am sorry but from now on, I will only release the Final Version of the softsubs in d-addicts while the BETA and non-final releases can be downloaded in my HP, and you can only download if you register. I hope it does not put you off, but I cannot each time upload my non-finals here by deleting previous ones, that is a bit too much work for me. Releasing each newer version in my own HP is easier for me, I just need to rewrite older one using my FTP so you can always get the latest release even by the hour if necessary.

You can also see the the Team's information here:
http://www.s-projects.org/index.php?categoryid=9
it is not complete yet but it will be in due time.

There is nothing much you can see in my HP yet, the Nodame Cantabile section is pratically blank but I will be working on it. Please feel free to correct anything if I make a mistake in the show's info later. Thanks.

nim

Post by nim » Nov 15th, '06, 22:39

cool homepage background!... I like how you've cut a frame from the drama into cool edit (a sound editor) ;¨D

tsukushi

Post by tsukushi » Nov 17th, '06, 05:23

luve the page layout too

punkednoodle

Post by punkednoodle » Nov 17th, '06, 16:42

joeboygo wrote: So, manga readers, do you think there's enough material for another full season? How quickly is the show going through the tankoubons? I think episodes 1-4 covered volumes 1- 4, and some of 5 of the manga, making for a roughly 1 to 1 ratio. Is that about right?
Roughly. So far they are going by that 1:1 pace, but the preview for episode 6 shows a much slower pace than that of the mangas. If the season plans to end around 10 to even 11 episodes, it is possible that it will only end until the end of volume 9.

As for having enough content for a next season, yes it is possible, but it will be difficult on the end of production to pull off Chiaki and Nodame in France. More so, there will be more foreigners in this section, so they need to hire more Japanese-turned-into-foreigners. The pace of the manga after volume 9 is a lot slower and more episodic in nature. The manga has reached a point when the romance between Chiaki and Nodame is much stronger and is definitely more concrete than what you are to see on the next few episodes (although that can still be arguable since we don't know what FujiTV has in store for us). However, it doesn't show a definite story for an arc, except really lately, like 2 mos. ago. You would have to wait 2 years before a definite Nodame Season 2 could be produced, that is if they decided to follow the manga and Ninomiya-san's wishes. She's quite prissy about this. But I think, on my end, whatever is not handled by the drama will be handled by the anime.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 19th, '06, 07:26

The BETA of Ep 4 is out on my website. I will release the Final here after it is perfected. You can check out for the Betas on my site about a week after the broadcast in Japan, I will try to get the BETA out within that time range. I also have the status of each episode on the front page so it will be easier for people to see the status.

guybrush

Post by guybrush » Nov 20th, '06, 01:31

Anyone know where can i find the OST for Nodame Cantabile?

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Nov 20th, '06, 15:22

Hahaha I caught I think episode 4 in Japan (from reading the posts and seeing the caps) it was really good to watch even though I couldn't understand it.

I downloaded the first episode but it seemed to drag a little =S? I dunno - I thought it was to be all out comedy but the first episode was a bit too 'chatty' and repetitive but it seems like it'll get better later on.

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Nov 20th, '06, 15:40

For everyone who's enjoying the music: you can dowload "Nodame Orchestra Live", one of the original soundtracks, containing pieces performed in the drama, here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_41725.htm

Don't forget to say thanks to Tianj!! ^_^

joienesque

Post by joienesque » Nov 20th, '06, 15:48

^Thanks for sharing the link~ I love their performances in the drama. A modern take on the classics. ^^

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 20th, '06, 20:30

For the clueless, siantut has just posted the beta version of ep. 5 softsubs on her HP. She stayed up into the wee hours to get it out pronto. Drop in and say hello.

Episode 5 seems mark a turning point for Nodame. From here it could go bad or it could get even better, depending on how the screenwriters choose to develop the story. I'm looking forward to episode 6.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Nov 20th, '06, 23:23

Just to let everyone who are interested know, the AZN network in America just got Nodame Cantabile on their lineup for every Sunday at 11PM EST. Here's where I found it from:
AnimeNewsNetwork.com wrote: Nodame Cantabile on AZN (2006-11-20 10:48:20)
The Nodame Cantabile drama will air Sunday at 11 p.m. Eastern on AZN. The film is not expected to be subtitled. Thanks, Christina Yu.
Not sure why it's "not expected to be subtitled" since the channel is for people who mostly don't know Japanese... :scratch: Oh and it seems they named the series "Nodame Kantabire." What exactly is a "Cantabile" or "Kantabire?" [/quote]

haewon

Post by haewon » Nov 20th, '06, 23:40

Sakuya wrote: Not sure why it's not expected to be subtitled" since the channel is for people who mostly don't know Japanese... :scratch: Oh and it seems they named the series "Nodame Kantabire." What exactly is a "Cantabile" or "Kantabire?"
"cantabile" is a style that music is played in whereas "kantabire" is...I don't know :blink is it just a transliteration?

kidmigz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kidmigz » Nov 20th, '06, 23:53

I don't think I've yet seen a drama on AZN that hasn't been subtitled. I expect this to be no different.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Nov 21st, '06, 00:07

haewon wrote:"cantabile" is a style that music is played in whereas "kantabire" is...I don't know :blink is it just a transliteration?
Oh yea, it IS a transliteration. Why won't they use "cantabile" which is an actual word. :goggle:

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 21st, '06, 00:09

is it just a transliteration?
The katakana character "re" is also used to stand in for "le" because Japanese doesn't have a separate character with the "L" sound. Often, I can only tell which is which from the context.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 21st, '06, 00:45

Sakuya wrote:
haewon wrote:"cantabile" is a style that music is played in whereas "kantabire" is...I don't know :blink is it just a transliteration?
Oh yea, it IS a transliteration. Why won't they use "cantabile" which is an actual word. :goggle:
Obviously someone at ANZ didn't do their homework - just google the name in its original Japanese form and the name in English pops out.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Nov 21st, '06, 03:57

goofleen

Post by goofleen » Nov 21st, '06, 08:08

Those are fantastic! Thanks for sharing. That second one is both scary and hilarious! :)

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » Nov 21st, '06, 13:47

The gifs are hilarious, Nodame is such a cracked up character. I love Chiaki's expression in the second one!

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 21st, '06, 20:06

I just watched episode 6:
New characters are introduced!
You manga readers probably saw this coming a mile away, but I was pleasantly surprised. Can anybody who has read ahead tell me if these people are going to be important?

With this latest development, it feels like two dramas in one, where episodes 1-5 comprised the just-finished s-oke arc, and 6 marks the start of a new storyline:
bring on the Rising Stars!

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Nov 22nd, '06, 10:13

Is the manga readily available for download on the internet? If so, is it translated? And can anyone provide a link?

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Nov 22nd, '06, 11:01

Great gifs :D I want to make a Nodame signature, still thinking of what to use...

I'm dying to watch episode 6! Episode 5 does seem like a turnpoint, and it was sort of emotional...
...but I have to wait until evening so I can watch episode 6, even though I'm done downloading it. ;_______:

Some highly-addictive story, this one :D

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 22nd, '06, 12:31

donna8157 wrote:Is the manga readily available for download on the internet? If so, is it translated? And can anyone provide a link?
Snoopycool was the only English scanlation group known to me that worked on the series, but they dropped the project after completing just volume 1. The official U.S. version covers just the first 6 volumes of a total 16 to date, and as far as I know nobody has ever bothered to scan and upload any of those. If there are any Nodame scanlations past volume 1 floating around, they are likely not in English. Most of the advanced manga readers here read either the original Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese(?) or Malay (?) versions.

I could be wrong though. Keep looking and let me know if something turns up.

mcleen

Post by mcleen » Nov 22nd, '06, 12:37

donna8157 wrote:Is the manga readily available for download on the internet? If so, is it translated? And can anyone provide a link?
i'm looking forward to read the manga too ..if anyone has the scanlated version of this manga...could you please provide the link here?thanks in advance ..

by the way...thank you so much for those great subtitles ... i enjoy every bit of this serie...arigato siantut and all the subbers...

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Nov 23rd, '06, 00:14

ok, so I used my almost inexistant photoshop skills.. and made this nodame signature :D

mcleen

Post by mcleen » Nov 23rd, '06, 01:50

annyeong donna ssi , you can try to download this manga using the link given below , but unfortunately it only has up to vol 4 ch 19 .

http://savefile.com/projects/1034317

credits to strawberryvanilla forum

vietxgod

Post by vietxgod » Nov 23rd, '06, 03:06

where do u get the softsub for this series??i jus saw eps 1 and the soff sub blows so bad i dont even want to comment nor want to watch anymore of it.

good way to mess up a good series is to this kinda softsub release please nuke it...

/me wait for a better version to come around..
Last edited by vietxgod on Nov 23rd, '06, 04:34, edited 1 time in total.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 23rd, '06, 04:30

vietxgod wrote:where do u get the softsub for this series?? please tell me........ k thanx
The subber has her own website: http://www.s-projects.org/index.php

You'll need to register before downloading.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Nov 23rd, '06, 08:00

I am in a state of stunned awe. I fell behind with the series... let the past 3 episodes sit on my desktop unwatched.... and today, just now, I watched them.......

Words cannot describe how incredible 4 and 5 were.... those two episodes alone make the first 3 look like putrid garbage in comparison... damn.

I like classical music. I like George Gershwin. I like Rhapsody in blue. I like it a lot. I didn't think I could ever like it any more... now I do. :blink

~______~

*ahem*

Moving on from the drooling-fanaticism, there is one "problem" I have with the series... it's too warm. Color-wise, I mean. Virtually every scene in every episode has an overabundance of warm colors... reds, tans, oranges... a little blue would go a LONG way.

All the subs I downloaded and watched were labeled as "betas" ...I am wondering what, exactly, this means as they are very complete and near-perfectly timed... what's left to make them "alphas"? The only issue I had was a couple of lines overlapping in the begining, but that was for less than a second.... kudos on the subs, Siantut!

My only fear with Nodame, considering just how much I enjoy it, is that the last few episodes will never be subbed ~ala~ Lunch Queen. :O

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 23rd, '06, 09:02

Mwulf wrote:Words cannot describe how incredible 4 and 5 were.... those two episodes alone make the first 3 look like putrid garbage in comparison... damn.
Looks like Nodame's room left you with a psychological scar. :lol
Moving on from the drooling-fanaticism, there is one "problem" I have with the series... it's too warm. Color-wise, I mean. Virtually every scene in every episode has an overabundance of warm colors... reds, tans, oranges... a little blue would go a LONG way.
It was a shojou manga aiming at an audience (readership) of young girls. I suspect the author, Ninomiya Tomoko, wanted the colour scheme/atmosphere this way.
All the subs I downloaded and watched were labeled as "betas" ...I am wondering what, exactly, this means as they are very complete and near-perfectly timed... what's left to make them "alphas"? The only issue I had was a couple of lines overlapping in the begining, but that was for less than a second.... kudos on the subs, Siantut!
'Siantut' is something of a perfectionist - those betas work fine for me.
My only fear with Nodame, considering just how much I enjoy it, is that the last few episodes will never be subbed ~ala~ Lunch Queen. :O
"Lunch Queen" has been subbed to episode 11. Apparently the last episode will be completed over the weekend.
Last edited by thtl on Nov 23rd, '06, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Nov 23rd, '06, 13:04

You know, I have to partially agree with Mwulf: episodes 4 and 5 were AWESOME. I liked episodes 1-3 very much, wasn't really expecting the drama to get even better!! :D

And, being a previous fan of that piece, I'm also stunned by that performance of Rhapsody in Blue *____*

martina_SMO

Post by martina_SMO » Nov 24th, '06, 02:47

thtl wrote: It was a shojou manga aiming at an audience (readership) of young girls. I suspect the author, Ninomiya Tomoko, wanted the colour scheme/atmosphere this way.
Well, no, it's a josei manga aimed at an audience of women ^_^ It's published on the same magazine of Kimi wa pet :-)

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 24th, '06, 02:51

martina_SMO wrote: Well, no, it's a josei manga aimed at an audience of women ^_^ It's published on the same magazine of Kimi wa pet :-)
I thought "Nodame Cantabile" was published in 'Kiss' magazine. Isn't this magazine aimed at teenagers?

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Nov 24th, '06, 06:07

^ I'm not sure which magazine it was published in, but as far as I know, Nodame Cantabile IS a josei manga ((all the sources that I read indicate that, even though it won an award for the best shoujo manga from Kodansha). Well, judging from the theme of this manga, it seems a lot more mature than other shoujo mangas out there, despite its silly humour. I read somewhere that Nodame is the 4th most read manga by female readers, just behind Nana, Hana Yori Dango, and Honey&Clover. I'm glad it's doing well :).

Edit: I just did a quick search and this is what I came up with: http://www.kodanclub.com/cgi-local/magazine.cgi?id=13
Apparently, Kiss is a josei (young women) magazine.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 24th, '06, 15:24

mikomi wrote: Apparently, Kiss is a josei (young women) magazine.
Sodesu! One lives and learn...

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Nov 26th, '06, 07:12

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:31, edited 2 times in total.

mrs_ikuta

Post by mrs_ikuta » Nov 26th, '06, 07:17

i agree !! its very very cute and VERY FUNNYY !!
i love nodammee!!! tamaki's so got. sheesh . ahahahha
and i was so surprised to see eita in it :]
i love it when he plays rockish type of melodys on the violin <3
im expecting great things from this drama ! xD

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Nov 26th, '06, 15:09

very cute dorama
i like it :)

nodame Fight Fight !! ^_^

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Nov 27th, '06, 03:49

It really does seem like AZN TV will air Nodame in America in Japanese with no English subtitles. Right now they're showing Dr. Koto's Clinic which is before Nodame on the line-up and it has no subs.

I wonder why they decided to do this? :blink

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Nov 27th, '06, 06:31

mrs_ikuta wrote:i agree !! its very very cute and VERY FUNNYY !!
i love nodammee!!! tamaki's so got. sheesh . ahahahha
and i was so surprised to see eita in it :]
i love it when he plays rockish type of melodys on the violin <3
im expecting great things from this drama ! xD

:lol aye, me too... violin and piano... a great couple... but nothing against piano and piano... Nodame & Chiaki's acting is so funny and cute :D really enjoyed the first 2 ep. yesterday :mrgreen:

Sakuya wrote:It really does seem like AZN TV will air Nodame in America in Japanese with no English subtitles. Right now they're showing Dr. Koto's Clinic which is before Nodame on the line-up and it has no subs.

I wonder why they decided to do this?

Yes, that's a little weird I think... hope they change it or that you just got wrong news... :pray:

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Nov 27th, '06, 06:34

littledraci wrote:Yes, that's a little weird I think... hope they change it or that you just got wrong news... :pray:
I just watched it. It was raw. And it was episode 4, too. :scratch:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Nov 27th, '06, 06:36

Sakuya wrote: I just watched it. It was raw. And it was episode 4, too. :scratch:
at AZN TV? found there nothing yesterday :scratch: ... have to look for it again..
IT's still airing, isn't it?