Yellow fever! Why white guys are taking all the asian girls

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
timbits

Yellow fever! Why white guys are taking all the asian girls

Post by timbits » Mar 19th, '06, 05:49

Really funny video. watch it till the end , its worth it.

khoais

Post by khoais » Mar 19th, '06, 05:53

Old. Good **** though.

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Mar 19th, '06, 06:18

Lol, that was funny. I guess I am in the small percentage of the caucasian girl with the asian guy!!

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Mar 19th, '06, 06:57

All the guy needs to do is make a peanutbutter sandwich.

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Mar 19th, '06, 07:07

True true, didn't think about it!!!

kimmi18

yellow fever

Post by kimmi18 » Mar 20th, '06, 01:24

God i love this video! the guy that made this was brilliant and soo funny, but the sad thing it's all true...well...most of it at least ;)

bbgirl03

Post by bbgirl03 » Mar 20th, '06, 01:59

lol. i think this video is so funny ^_^

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 20th, '06, 14:45

does this true... i mean it really happen at US or what...??? :unsure: :unsure:
btw it was really funny hehe :lol :lol :P

Gir

Post by Gir » Mar 20th, '06, 16:19

This is very good, the acting was also great for a comedic video.

Hmmm....I wonder why my "white qualities" don't seem to be working properly, maybe I need to get some peanut butter. :lol

mrggomg

Post by mrggomg » Mar 20th, '06, 18:48

loved the video it was halarious :lol :lol

but something I want to mention is according to my gf (who is japanese), asian girls particularly japanese prefer whites b/c they know how to tread the ladies. In japan the guys there don't tread ladies as well as whites. The little things such as opening doors, holding things for them when going shopping, etc, etc makes a lot of different I guess.

does anyone agree with me?

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Mar 20th, '06, 18:51

Heh. I never thought of that before. Hm, that might make sense...

mrggomg

Post by mrggomg » Mar 20th, '06, 18:57

sadotsu wrote:Heh. I never thought of that before. Hm, that might make sense...
Yeah I think so too when my girlfriend told me that. I have some friends in Japan who are like that. They would go out with their girl and when they go the resturant, they would walk, open the door for themselves, and thats it.

But here in the USA, you will see the male (almost always) open the door hold it and let the girl to walk in first.

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Mar 20th, '06, 19:29

That makes sense. Well, most Japanese males still the the "Samurai" attitude from those days so maybe that ahs something to do with that. Pride and status is pretty important I guess. I'm sure not all Japanese males are like that though...

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 22nd, '06, 06:13

i watched this and enjoyed it. quite funny. my friends and i used to discuss the same topic when we were in high school and college. apparently, little has changed. :rofl:

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Mar 22nd, '06, 08:07

No, you're all wrong! Didn't you see that part in the video "because it's friday night and we are playing DDR" thats the reason!

Katashi Takishiro

Post by Katashi Takishiro » Mar 23rd, '06, 07:42

LOL! That was so funny......Its very true though. I've only dated asians in my life, and they love being with a white guy IMO, at least that was my anology. Of course I have absolutely no attraction to white{american girls} though.

I love asian women so much....Black hair, large black eyes, short and skinny, honest & loyal, amazingly beautiful complextion {I hate makeup..hehe}

spookeydonkey

Post by spookeydonkey » Mar 23rd, '06, 08:34

it makes a lot of sense if you think of it this way: if you had only 6 people on this planet in the same proportions as there are people now, one person would be asian, one white, one african, one latino, one arab, and one hindi. Therefore, there are severe limitations if you only date one ethnic group.

Avelyn

Post by Avelyn » Mar 23rd, '06, 09:15

I think the attraction in general is psychologically induced for various reasons. Men and Women for the most part are attracted to Women and Men that they feel are exotic or gives them a feeling or exoticness. Attitudes and actions also play a role. Usually these feelings are sub-concious; I know for example that I didn't have a preference in women growing up until after I started spending time in Japan and learning how to speak Japanese. Now I don't want to have anything to do with white girls, some people blame white girls, some blame contemporary society, maybe it's both. I know you gals aren't all bad, but many of you have got some work to do. I want to explain more, but it's 3:30am.....we can continue this tomorrow, hmm................. maybe I should make a peanut butter sandwich for lunch tomorrow...........

bangu

Post by bangu » Mar 23rd, '06, 14:55

Gotta Love the Indian Guy

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Mar 24th, '06, 09:01

Avelyn wrote:I think the attraction in general is psychologically induced for various reasons. Men and Women for the most part are attracted to Women and Men that they feel are exotic or gives them a feeling or exoticness. Attitudes and actions also play a role. Usually these feelings are sub-concious; I know for example that I didn't have a preference in women growing up until after I started spending time in Japan and learning how to speak Japanese. Now I don't want to have anything to do with white girls, some people blame white girls, some blame contemporary society, maybe it's both. I know you gals aren't all bad, but many of you have got some work to do. I want to explain more, but it's 3:30am.....we can continue this tomorrow, hmm................. maybe I should make a peanut butter sandwich for lunch tomorrow...........
I hope you continue.. Yes, Japanese Women are so gorgeous. No offense to any other women but I find Japanese women extremely attractive and beautiful. I'm not going to Japan for that or anything but that is certainly a plus. I agree with Katashi Takishiro too...
Last edited by albertoavena on Apr 15th, '06, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Mar 25th, '06, 05:03

I blame the Feminazies..

the white sheila's generally have less of the femininity - it was lost in the 60's. it was there with with Beaver Cleaver. in came burning bras, leaving the pits unshaved. they wanted to be steve not eve. a competitor instead of supplementor.

asian lasses, apart from the Hongkongese and singaporese (who often outdo the white lasses) still keep that femeininity. eg they'll hold an umbrella on a sunny day to stop getting burnt and not get lines, while white girls wanna go natural...and pay the price from 35up.

they tend to be slimmer as well.

let's face it fella's - what sort of chick do you want - a tiger? or a puddycat?

bakan3ko

Post by bakan3ko » Mar 25th, '06, 05:21

the whole holding the door thing is wacked. that is only maybe for asians in asia. this is america and the asian guys i know hold doors. and, i am sure a good percentage of whites dont hold doors. :glare:

but... how the hell would you not go out with someone because he did not hold the door for you? and, how the hell do you figure out before accepting a date that he would not hold the door for you? and, lastly, this is the dumbest reason not to go out with a certain group of people. :D

asian guys gotta wise up and head out and attack. :salut:

Chibimitsuki

Post by Chibimitsuki » Mar 25th, '06, 05:23

<go ucsd!!!!!>
:)

nexocentric

Terms

Post by nexocentric » Mar 25th, '06, 05:38

As long as we're using terms for disease to describe ethnic preference I would like to put in my two cents. As an African living in American (who happens to have the yellow-fever, and speaks, reads and writes Japanese)

WHEN IS ANYONE GOING TO GET THE BLACK PLAGUE!!!! :x HONESTLY!!! :cry:

If anyone knows of any girls who have the black plague, send them my way. :D

私は独身ですからね。

In regards to this discussion though. Some really good points as to why white, and in my case black, men are diggin the asian scene have totally been brought up, but in all actuality, you'd have to take all the points that have been made and will be made and even analyze those to understand why this is going all. I totally interested to read where this goes, but it's a really complicated process to pin down something that happens on an emotional, psychological, and physiological level with words, but that's why we have discussions!! :cheers:

y0iTzk3nNy

Post by y0iTzk3nNy » Mar 25th, '06, 21:51

lmao i loved dis video, laughed a couple hundred times wit my other friends cuzz hey! its true xP "if i can figure out y azn girls like white guys then maybe....i can get a white girl oO " rofls

Cindy

Post by Cindy » Mar 28th, '06, 03:28

Hahahaha... this video just made my night. Thank you for sharing it.

Everything in the video is so true. My Asian friend and I had a good laugh over it, exclaiming "That's so true!" every 5 seconds. The director/writer/actor was brilliant.

If you guys are interested, go check out their other works: http://www.wongfuproductions.com/

And here are the Yellow Fever bloopers for anyone who hasn't found it yet:

susuking

Post by susuking » Apr 3rd, '06, 17:34

hahaha
i feel that i need to make more sandwich .....

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Apr 3rd, '06, 18:13

i thought it was an interesting video ... well done...

lavenderchan

Post by lavenderchan » Apr 6th, '06, 01:07

I thought the video funny. It made my day better. But as far a dating they do say opposites are attracted to each other. I guess that's food for thought or peanut butter in this case. :-)

leo008

Post by leo008 » Apr 15th, '06, 19:19

Amazing stuff. Check out http://www.wongfuproductions.com - their official website. You can download their hosrt films and music videos off here for free.

Nanashi No Gonbey

Post by Nanashi No Gonbey » Apr 15th, '06, 19:44

When I first saw my wife who is (Japanese), my jaw dropped down to the platform at the train station in Tokyo and ever since then I have been stepping on it.

:goggle:

I was not sure of which train to catch, so being able to speak japanese I went up and asked her if I was on the correct platform going back to Yokohama.

We started up a conversation and have been going at it ever since.

The one problem we had was, when her mother found out she was going out with an american, she did not speak to her for almost 5 years, but a grandson changed all of that.

Her mother and I became very good friends which lasted up until to her death last year.

:roll

chiyuffie

Post by chiyuffie » Apr 15th, '06, 19:50

Ahahaha I watched a while back and I loved it! I don't think it's true though...lots of asian girls love asian guys and lots of white girls like asian guys too...

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 15th, '06, 20:24

Another one of those RACIST white women suck threads?

I request this to be locked. Seriously guys, keep it decent, keep the reverted racism down and do some growing up. And to the person who referred to white women as 'tigers': you are absolutely disgusting.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Apr 15th, '06, 20:28

Yeah, I stole a beautiful Chinese girl!!!! Trapped her a week after she hopped off the boat, Wanna make something of it? Huh? Huh??????

(okay, it was two weeks and she took a plane. NEways.....:P)

beer

Post by beer » Apr 15th, '06, 21:50

Néa Vanille wrote:Another one of those RACIST white women suck threads?

I request this to be locked. Seriously guys, keep it decent, keep the reverted racism down and do some growing up. And to the person who referred to white women as 'tigers': you are absolutely disgusting.
:nuts: ???

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Apr 15th, '06, 22:01

Hey, I LIKE tigers.... :P

Hmm... I don't think anyone said white women suck, Nea Vanille. If you actually watched the video and followed it a bit, the focus would be more "Asian men don't suck, so why does everyone think they do?" kind of thing. Goofing off or teasing about stereotypes and preferences in a tongue-in-cheek manner doesn't always amount to racism you know.

Now if I can just keep my lady from meeting any Black guys, it's all good.....

(yes, that was a joke. Lighten up already.....)

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 15th, '06, 22:15

I thought Sassy Man's comment was HIGHLY offensive, BOTH to white and to Asian women. That was the main poster who ticked me off, for he blatantly said white women were unfeminine and opinionated (putting it in a BAD light, hence the 'who wouldn't prefer puddycats' thing).

The other posts were fine, mostly, including alberto-something's and Takashi's ones. They were merely stating their preferences, which is fine, while Sassy Man was bashing in my eyes.

And yes, I watched the movie a whil ago ago and posted it in the Interracial Dating thread. I think it's cute, but it had nothing to do with my outraged post - that was solely directed at a certain highly offensive man.

Edit: I actually don't really care whether any given guy prefers to date Asian women, cats or fire hydrants to white women, it's just that the mindless stereotyping offended me. I have also defended black women on japan-today and Asian women on asianrelations.com. I just don't know why people can't prefer without bashing in the process. It's totally, totally okay to prefer one race to another - I myself have only dated non-white men for years now - I just don't think you need to become disrespectful towards any other race in the process. I'd like to apologze for my vehement first post, I admit I was too offended that time and should have carified what I was angry at. :-)

groink

Post by groink » Apr 15th, '06, 22:49

Although the delivery Sassy Man chose to convey his thoughts was not thought out correctly, he does actually bring up some side points I agree with.

First off, it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the way women are brought up in different areas of the world. Women in the US are brought up differently than women in Asia. Speaking for my own family, my sister (we're filipino) was brought up under the same roof (hitotsu yane no shita!!!! LOL! I had to throw that in) in Hawaii as I. Bypassing the fact that she is my sister, I would never consider dating a person with her personality. I for one do not like opininiated women who have to have the last word in arguments. I do like strong women who can properly argue, but my sister is one of those women who would turn off any man who doesn't want to be challenged. As a result, she married a wimp of a guy (Army man, Polish background), and she dominates him and her household. She got this mentality from my mom, who is also a very dominating person. And my dad LOVES IT! This way, he doesn't have to make many decisions. My aunt (half French, half Irish) and my natural aunt were brought up in New Hampshire. And they're also very strong women with that "I want everything my way, and I'm always right!" attitude.

But that's not for me! And IMHO this is how many women in the US are brought up. That's why I believe men in the West are becoming more interested in Asian women. This is what I think Sassy Man was trying to convey in his own displeasing way. And that's the idea that women in America are brought up to stand up for themselves and not to let the men take charge. Strong women are a good thing!!!!! I don't believe for a minute that American women are tigers and Asian women are pussycats. But to put it more politically correct, Asian women are indeed quieter and less interested in trying to stay ahead of their men. And that's why I favor Japanese women brought up in Japan over American women. Even Japanese women brought up in America can be somewhat of a turn-off for me. There are of course very nice women in America who would fit my taste - both Asian and non-Asian.

One more thing... For you people outside of America, don't use women like Hillary Clinton, Ann Coulter or Jamie Garofalo as models of who American women are. These women NEED to have their own way with everything. They're very strong willed, which is again a good thing. But they're basically a total turn-off for men like myself who are looking for someone who's not driven that much to achieve and dominate. Unfortunately, you see their names and ideals plastered in the media. :roll

--- groink

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 15th, '06, 23:06

Very good post and very true indeed. Now if only every dimwit was able to post things this rationally and respectfully. :-)

I think, by the way, that Korean women, despite seemingly being dictated by their own country's impossible beauty ideas, talk and party at quite the volume and are generally less shy than their Japanese counterparts. I've come to this conclusion after having met many Japanse and Koreans on my travels in Europe and the US. This is another reason why I hate posts like the one from Sassy Man - he didn't specify, and half of the time, he was incorrect because of that. White women in Eastern Europe are brought up to be what he considers to be more 'feminine' than Western European women. Eastern European women, especially Polish and in my experience, Romanian ones, are also known to be thinner and more conservative (religious) than say, women in Sweden. Korean women are (in my experience) louder than Japanese women, yet they are both Asian. Making the disinction between American women of all races and Japanese women makes the claim believable and takes away the racist edge.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Apr 15th, '06, 23:15

All chicks are players, regardless of race...
Sometimes it's so bad it makes me think of joining the priesthood.. Good thing I'm agnostic....

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Apr 15th, '06, 23:44

Atomic wrote:All chicks are players, regardless of race...
Sometimes it's so bad it makes me think of joining the priesthood.. Good thing I'm agnostic....
Hmmm...i disagree....Some might say its the other way around, that guys are players. Face it, it doesn't matter which sex it is there will always be people who like to philander around :glare:

About the video it was funny and soo true! but in my area its the other way around, its the white girls with the asian guys! lol

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Apr 16th, '06, 00:44

Heh, all women can be players all they want in my book (men as well), provided that it's in the same playground.... :P

Hmm... I suppose that as long as everyone realizes that people are (hopefully) just dealing with generalities and poking fun at stereotypes, nobody should get too offended (provided or course that the bashing thing is kept to a minimum.)

Considering that the video was making fun of the stereotypes surrounding the, uh, size and expertise with the male member, I'm a little surprised that nobody's brought up the various different stereotypes about Asian, White, and Black women.

Hey, maybe the white guys with the smaller pee-pees are going after the Asian women because of their supposed, um, snuggliness down there. Then you can go around to all those mixed couples you see and have that little bug in the back of your mind going, "Heh, I bet he's hung like a hamster!!!!"

Little payback for the Asian guys, ne?

I'd say the most fun thing about stereotypes is when they're proven wrong so often. Nice little surprise here and there, eh?

As far as the "where someone was brought up" point, it's often true, but it's often not. Like everything else, it's natural to have a bit of a preconceived notion or two about a person you've just met, both mentally and physically, but it would be well to note that those notions prove false as often as they prove true. For example, I'm half Irish, so does that make me a raving alcoholic party animal who runs around in a kilt with a pint in my hand constantly??

Uh, that might not be the best example.... (except for the kilt thing...)

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Apr 16th, '06, 11:10

Commendable indeed that they have com ethat far and learned a lot from a hobby.

Seeming most people outside of, andmany many inside of the realm of Dorama interest in general, and D-addicts in particular are highly intelligent, we should be able to avoid the racial segments and see the fun in our selves for a while.

My self being a white hick from the outback somewhere, still carrying yellow fever, would have to agree with some readers here that this thread tends to take a slight bit overtone of racism.

I will however refrain myself from saying anything along the lines of being derogatory to women, as ... well nuff said, it's me, techie and you probably have seen my website so I'll shut up now. (although we have to few temples in their honour)

Just dont get to heavy on the racial stuff folks. Be nice, after all we all love different things.
(and thank heavens for that or it would be a boring place to live on this planet)

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Apr 17th, '06, 06:39

interesting comments to read and I have to agree with techie's comment....

beer

Post by beer » Apr 17th, '06, 19:51

aNToK wrote:For example, I'm half Irish, so does that make me a raving alcoholic party animal who runs around in a kilt with a pint in my hand constantly??
No, that's definitely me. And I don't have a drop of Irish blood in my veins. Only beer.

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Apr 17th, '06, 21:24

Néa Vanille wrote:I thought Sassy Man's comment was HIGHLY offensive, BOTH to white and to Asian women. That was the main poster who ticked me off, for he blatantly said white women were unfeminine and opinionated (putting it in a BAD light, hence the 'who wouldn't prefer puddycats' thing).

The other posts were fine, mostly, including alberto-something's and Takashi's ones. They were merely stating their preferences, which is fine, while Sassy Man was bashing in my eyes.

And yes, I watched the movie a whil ago ago and posted it in the Interracial Dating thread. I think it's cute, but it had nothing to do with my outraged post - that was solely directed at a certain highly offensive man.

Edit: I actually don't really care whether any given guy prefers to date Asian women, cats or fire hydrants to white women, it's just that the mindless stereotyping offended me. I have also defended black women on japan-today and Asian women on asianrelations.com. I just don't know why people can't prefer without bashing in the process. It's totally, totally okay to prefer one race to another - I myself have only dated non-white men for years now - I just don't think you need to become disrespectful towards any other race in the process. I'd like to apologze for my vehement first post, I admit I was too offended that time and should have carified what I was angry at. :-)
so how you goin, tiger?

the_secret

Post by the_secret » Apr 18th, '06, 01:52

well i actually think asian guys are hotter...

i mean asian guys who are raised in the states who can speak english fluently

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 18th, '06, 03:16

Hooray for the ignore function. :lol

@the_secret: I find Koreans who speak English with a Korean accent to be quite endearing, actually... there's just something about the Korean accent I really like and that makes it stand out from other, similar accents. It's not like what most Koreans speak in dramas, though - people like Kim Rae Won have a rather strange accent compared to the many Koreans I've had the pleasure to socialise with who spoke with a very cute accent.

The Japanese accent is quite funny as well - Merry Kirisimasu!!! :mrgreen:

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Apr 21st, '06, 03:54

For white chicks/black chicks who are in to asian guys
http://www.aznlover.com

For Asian guys tryin to pick up white chicks ROFL.

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Apr 27th, '06, 09:44

my analysis of it is Society. Right now in America, rap and hiphop and "g unit" blah blah is whats popular and "hip" and favors black people (not to be racist). Just like 5 years ago, boy bands. White guys were probably with most of the asian girls. So thats why it works like that in my generalized analysis.

But its okay, if you had special training like I have recieved. You beat em all! Mwahahahah Big Smile. I still remember one of these Asian girls I was talking to. Some black guy was trying to mack on her and try steal her away from me (I just met her too, so I wasn't really with her). But I just use a lil this and that and PRESTO. She had her arm around me and i was out the door with her. Too bad I felt no real connection w/ her. So me and her are just friends. But if you understand why things happen the way they do. You understand the secret on how they happen and what makes them happen. This is knowledge you can definately use it in the Dating Game. I do Big Smile

ps: The girl at the end of the video was, a 8/10. Would of still flirted w/ her cheers

- Valcun

LadieDrmz

Post by LadieDrmz » Apr 30th, '06, 07:33

Lol. I thought this video is really cute.
What I wanna get is the t-shirt! :lol

Keito

Post by Keito » Apr 30th, '06, 21:58

This video is truth! Poor asian men you have no chance of survival make your time.

...Zero Wing quote, just in case no-one'd get it.

bangkok_devious

Post by bangkok_devious » May 8th, '06, 07:36

I watched this video awhile back----and I loved it! Its so hilarious :D "Hello, my name is Phillip Wong..." accent!! I'll rewind the video to that part all the time.

But seriously, I'm not really attracted to white guys. Not even banana guys (at least...not really :scratch: ).

Someday *looks off into distant horizon* when I am allowed to date, I will find a seriously HOT Thai (or Chinese) guy to date. He will teach me Thai (or Chinese), and we will be happy. Did I mention that he will be HOT-----thats the word "hot" in the capital folks, as in, HE WILL BE HOTTTTTT!

Oh yeah.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 12th, '06, 03:52

When people say they are absolutey not attracted to a certain race, no matter if it's another or their own, I always get suspicious. It seems to me like we humans are programmed to be attracted to things like symmetrical features, athletic bodies, health and confidence, prosperity, charms and intelligence - all of which are not directly related to race and grand examples of which can be found in any country of the world.

I think most people who say they're not attracted to an entire race do so because of how they were raised, what they were taught and what they're exposed to - because it just isn't how biology works. It seems like the mind has a bigger thing to do with attraction than I'd like to believe.

mononoke102

Post by mononoke102 » May 12th, '06, 04:50

who cares....
Last edited by mononoke102 on May 14th, '06, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.

MissMonika

Post by MissMonika » May 12th, '06, 05:06

I saw that vid awhile back and though it was hilarious, because a lot of my asian guy friends can so relate to it. Wong Fu productions, oh how you amuse me. If you haven't seen thier spoof on Meteor Garden, you should check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYL7pj9bf4Y

About the whole debate thing, I really think it depends on each individual's preferences. For me, I'm filipino/chinese but grew up in SoCal, in a predominately white neighborhood. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm attracted only to white guys. For me, it depends mainly on that guy's character and how he treats a woman, but if he looks good, then that's a plus.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 12th, '06, 12:32

I guess I just get frustrated because I'd like to believe that dating is all about finding someone who is good-looking, nice, intelligent, charming and an overall good fit versus him or her being of a certain race being a priority. I think it is actually impossible to find an entire race of people wholly unattractive - it just doesn't happen, there are just too damn many hot Asian people, hot black people, hot white people and hot Hispanics.

I think a lot of people who are exclusively attracted to their own race now didn't care about these things when they were in kindergarten and too young to be influenced by their parents' or anyone else's racial purity beliefs.

gavinman

Post by gavinman » May 14th, '06, 16:05

That clip was good. I love his films.

P.S. there are no such thing as yellow fever and white guys aren't taking all the asian girls...

Just believe in yourself and go for it lol 8)

angelyly

Post by angelyly » May 14th, '06, 16:17

I didnt check the video cuz I have probleme with my computer...but about the topic...Why white guys are taking all the asian girls?...

they are NOT taking ALL of them...BUT!...about the adoption and stuff...they are MORE asian GURL!...so by time and change...they all gona be mix half/half and lotz of ASIAN pplz...

Anyways mix pplz are nice!

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » May 16th, '06, 12:21

Néa Vanille wrote:I guess I just get frustrated because I'd like to believe that dating is all about finding someone who is good-looking, nice, intelligent, charming and an overall good fit
vanilla ice ice baby...

that's me me baby...

i am here to abide by your every whim. whatever you desire, i will fulfill.

but first you gotta send a bikini pic.

chrizzy_bebe

Post by chrizzy_bebe » Jun 22nd, '06, 14:34

hahaha... mmmm... sure, in the future there'll be a lot more halfcast people out there!
in regards to dating other races, im all for it! *laughs* im a mix myself, so race isn't an issue (^.^)v

yumiko_ai

Post by yumiko_ai » Jul 11th, '06, 07:15

Mm, it's odd but I think people like others for personality and not race. I mean, if someone PREFERS to date someone of a certain race more, than I think that's their business as long as they don't put down any toher race etc.

I personally prefer asian guyz, and I've only dated once with a Korean (He was born in Korea but came to Canada when he was 9 so he doesn't have an accent, a pity, because I find accents very cute... >.<). Also, I don't think it's true that Caucasion men are more courteous, many of my friends who are Korean, Chinese and Japanese mainly, are very nice to their GFs and everyone in general, likewise for Caucasion guys. It's all the individual I say!~ >=3

arvinaty

Post by arvinaty » Jul 14th, '06, 21:39

god, it's all the way round for me. i've always wanted to date an asian guy! but it seems to be i'm not their type at all T___T the guy i met in the library was really cool, we spent like two days there just taking curious looks at each other. he didnt show up on the 3d day, not even a week later (yeah, i went there everyday hoping to see him again). another guy just asked his friends who was that weird girl waving and smiling at him. so i failed again

hey, maybe i just gotta dye my hair dark and buy dark brown lences? maybe that'll help? =)

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jul 15th, '06, 07:14

I'm European and I have absolutely zero experience with Asian-American men, but I've dated a lot of Asian men (from Korea and Japan, mostly) and most seem to think blonde hair is interesting and exotic. I'd play that card of your natural light hair, because if you dyed your hair dark, it still wouldn't be as pretty as the hair of Asian girls with naturally dark hair - dyed hair almost never reaches the brilliance of natural hair.

Instead of waving and smiling, I'd just go there and talk to them, telling them how much you like Asian culture and entertainment (they are usually surprised some non-Asian girl loves the movies and dramas they produce) and just be a nice and interesting someone to talk to.

Asian men, like all men in the world, are curious about "exotic" girls, even though are a lot less outspoken about it because of their more introverted culture and the belief that they are undesirable to non-Asian girls (this can have a counter-effect, I've witnessed - sometimes people aren't attracted to what they think isn't attracted to them, but that can easily be resolved) - it might take them a while to realise you're interested, but when they do, they're usually flattered, much like most people would be.

I think dating Asian men is none the harder than dating European men - the only difference is that you'll have a lot better time if you are able to approach people yourself in a natural way, because an Asian man is a lot less likely to hit on us than most other men due to reasons already stated. Some of my white girlfriends say they got approached by Asian men a lot in Korea and Taiwan, but not in Japan and not in America or Australia due to differences in mentality.

Asian men, at the end of the day, are just human - meaning they are weak to attention, flattery and nice looks (long hair, cleavage etc..).

It isn't difficult. :lol

arvinaty

Post by arvinaty » Jul 15th, '06, 13:06

Néa Vanille, thanx for your reply. i reckon you are right. i've never actually had the courage to approach an asian guy. anyway, i'll do my best, thanks again!

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Jul 15th, '06, 13:21

haha
i luv tht vid- i laugh everytime i watch it

you know these guys made a parady of the taiwanese drama meteor garden also?
it was pretty funny....let me go find the link

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Jul 15th, '06, 13:27

here's their spoof of meteor garden:

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 15th, '06, 16:24

Haha oh my god! That's hilarious...

hyperoxic

Why do white guys get the asian girls?

Post by hyperoxic » Nov 16th, '06, 11:39

This is one of the funniest vids I've seen this week. Three guys have put together a nice video that takes a comical look at why the white guys get the asian girls...

http://www.jyse.com/2006/11/16/funny-am ... low-fever/

:lol :lol

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 16th, '06, 12:18

hehe, yeah, some people think its like that in japan too (im in tokyo now), but no, its not. I see thousand of trendy japanese couples everday, walking around the streets in japan, last time i saw a japanese and a foreigner together was like last week, it was a white girl and a japanese guy.

So maybe on 10 million japanese couples there are 100 with foreigners in.

lil'himitsu

Post by lil'himitsu » Nov 16th, '06, 12:32

Great, nearlu cry because of it so funny and welle done ! :cheers:

gohan11

Post by gohan11 » Nov 16th, '06, 13:39

Thanks for posting this, I love the vid so much I am telling everyone I can about it.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Nov 16th, '06, 14:02

Romance wrote:hehe, yeah, some people think its like that in japan too (im in tokyo now), but no, its not. I see thousand of trendy japanese couples everday, walking around the streets in japan, last time i saw a japanese and a foreigner together was like last week, it was a white girl and a japanese guy.

So maybe on 10 million japanese couples there are 100 with foreigners in.
everyone i know who is a foreigner guy and visits japan meets girls. on this board alone there are probably more than 100 guys who have hooked up with girls in japan. i dont think japanese guys cant get girls, but to say there are 100 white guys in all of japan who hooked up is ridiculous. you can go toroppongi and see 100 white guys get hooked up in a given night. i could make a WHOSE MET AND DATED A JAPANESE GIRL IN JAPAN thread and you might get 100 people.

:scratch:

i think you are underexaggerating, if thats a word.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Nov 16th, '06, 14:33

Romance means that there are 100 mixed couples for every 10 million Japanese couples, not that on the whole planet are only 100 guys who were with a Japanese woman.

Though 10 million is definitely exaggerated, I've witnessed the same in Korea. I've seen maybe 3 or 4 white guys with Korean girls the entire time I lived there, and, excluding myself, 2 white girls with Korean guys (but my boyfriend thinks they might have been prostitutes) but thousands of really trendy, good-looking Korean couples. But then, the number of foreigners is a lot lower in Korea than in Japan.

I've been to Japan, but not really long enough to get a lot of insight into their society. I don't really think that girls fall into your lap just because you're white, though - I think that would be pretty damn sad and with all due respect, to say that any foreigner can get girls in Japan doesn't... suggest you have a very high opinion of Japanese women. I have 2 friends who went to Japan and didn't hook up - one had a girlfriend at home in France and the other was too shy (and I guess not really interested in the girls there).

To sum it up, I don't think Japan is girls-fall-from-the-sky-onto-any-white-guy's-joystick land, nor do I think it's a bad or particularly racist environment for white people. Guys who are okay with girls get a gaijin-boost, guys who are socially awkward at home will be socially akward there.

monkeymachine

Post by monkeymachine » Nov 16th, '06, 15:06

LOL!! .. thanks for the link, loved the video. same deal here in australia