Discuss Japanese drama series here.
auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 1st, '06, 13:30

Looks really cute! Thanks yanie!

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 2nd, '06, 02:52

Arghhh, I missed the show! Anyway, thanks!

sukida
Liechtenstein

Post by sukida » Nov 2nd, '06, 02:57

aaaaaa

please tell me she gets cleaner!

thanks.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Nov 2nd, '06, 05:48

Did anyone here understand the game gokon featured in epi2? Who knows how to play it?

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 3rd, '06, 01:42

Gokon is not a game, it is a get-together of guys and girls with the intention of finding a boyfriend or a girlfriend. What Stresemann doing in that gokon is just some common stuff they do at gokon to make it lively and to find out who has no gf or bf yet? but i never go to gokon so i have no idea either, lol

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 3rd, '06, 04:10

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 3rd, '06, 04:23

I just started watching this drama and it really surpassed my expectations! I love the the cast. Last time I saw Tamaki Hiroshi was in Waterboys and Remote. He looks so cool here and has really grown as an actor! I really like his character because even though he is arrogant, his character really does have skills and he helps others.

Also, I love all the classic music they play throughout the drama. Makes me want to go back to studying piano again! (I took lessons for 10 years, but then quit.) Can't wait to see how the story develops. I really appreciate the subbing team for all their hard work! :-)

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Nov 3rd, '06, 21:32

:wub: I'm gonna love this series so much. Perfect storyline + Nice music + Talented casts.

:salut:

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Nov 4th, '06, 04:15

Just watched episode 3.. the drama keeps getting better! lol

I'm really dying to watch episode 4 now; I should check when exactly are the episodes airing :D I thought of checking the manga, but ended up deciding I'll do it when the drama is done.

Everyone is saying it, so I'll admit to loving Chiaki too! :3 The characters are pretty good, in fact.. and the actors are doing a terrific job. Nodame rulz :D

We don't even have to mention that the OST is awesome, do we? Which leads me to ask, is it possible to write the names of the pieces for the other episodes, too? I'm thinking of "compiling" an OST with them.. maybe we could even make a torrent?

Good, now it's not a completely useless post... :D

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Nov 4th, '06, 21:27

neme_chan wrote:a
We don't even have to mention that the OST is awesome, do we? Which leads me to ask, is it possible to write the names of the pieces for the other episodes, too? I'm thinking of "compiling" an OST with them.. maybe we could even make a torrent?
:cheers: it would be awesome!!! That's a great idea!!!

>.< I can't wait to see episode 3 subbed...Siantut is doing such a great job!! Many thanks to her!!

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 6th, '06, 01:07

a-chan8269 wrote:
neme_chan wrote:a

>.< I can't wait to see episode 3 subbed...Siantut is doing such a great job!! Many thanks to her!!
I owe it to all of my Team members :-)

sp0rsk

Post by sp0rsk » Nov 6th, '06, 12:50

Tonight's ep just ended, it was really good.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 6th, '06, 13:03

sp0rsk wrote:Tonight's ep just ended, it was really good.
Agreed! Bravo S-Oke!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :thumright: :cheers: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft: :wub: :lol

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 6th, '06, 16:43

Argh, you guys are killing me!

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Nov 6th, '06, 18:35

joeboygo wrote:
Argh, you guys are killing me!
I gave up already, can't wait much... so now I watch the raws AND the subbed versions :D Should have been doing it from the start, give some use to all those Japanese lessons..

Ok, so now that I know this week's episode is awesome,Ii'm waiting for the raw *_*

nim

Post by nim » Nov 7th, '06, 02:13

I had read the manga before the drama and now I'm afraid I won't want to go back to the manga for future volumes as the drama is so faithful to the manga and overwrites my memory of the experiences from the manga x¨) especially nodame who's so very similar. and megumi too.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Nov 7th, '06, 08:00

I love the manga and it's the first manga series that I've bought and gotten actual copyrighted copies of. I'm so excited for the next few episodes until the end. I hope it won't spoil it too much for me..~~ Ahh.. so excited.

I'm sharing my spontaneity at 2 o'clock in the morning with everyone. I hope you guys like it =).

[img]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4551 ... sr9.th.jpg[/img]

nim

Post by nim » Nov 7th, '06, 17:12

haha hilarious

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 7th, '06, 23:02

<3s-tei. wrote:I'm sharing my spontaneity at 2 o'clock in the morning with everyone. I hope you guys like it =).
Love your wallpaper. :P

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 8th, '06, 00:23

I'm enjoying this show tons, but I can't bring myself to root for the romance between the two lead characters because it's difficult for me to get over the turn-off of an unkempt and unhygenic female. Ueno Juri doesn't actually look filthy or smelly in the show, but it's pretty well established that the character she plays is a walking environmental hazzard. Guys, would any of you hook up with Nodame if you were in Chiaki's shoes? Can you get amorous with a girl that reeks? (Don't let your crush on Ueno Juri influence your opinion, we all know she smells fragrant in real life, or at least I would hope so)

nim

Post by nim » Nov 8th, '06, 00:35

well I'm fortunate enough to be able to be charmed by chiaki as much as by nodame but then now that you mention it, I never gave her rooms filth much thought while considering her, she even says she didn't bath for several days and I only thought of it as comedy but you're right.. chiaki's reaction to her is very normal if it were real life! (if it the person wouldn't be as naturally charming as nodames actress that is).. well just having finished Summer Snow in the wait I don't think I'll be easilly intoxicated by the romance in a drama for a while.. especially not by one involving nodame if I consider her personality x¨D ..hmm the romance in the manga was quite engaging.. I wonder if the drama is just too wacky and miss out on strengthening the romance.. but then only second ep yet! ;¨3

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 8th, '06, 01:23

joeboygo wrote:I'm enjoying this show tons, but I can't bring myself to root for the romance between the two lead characters because it's difficult for me to get over the turn-off of an unkempt and unhygenic female. Ueno Juri doesn't actually look filthy or smelly in the show, but it's pretty well established that the character she plays is a walking environmental hazzard. Guys, would any of you hook up with Nodame if you were in Chiaki's shoes? Can you get amorous with a girl that reeks? (Don't let your crush on Ueno Juri influence your opinion, we all know she smells fragrant in real life, or at least I would hope so)
Love knows no logic - that's what I think anyways. I haven't read the manga but even in the drama so far there are hints as to why Chiaki is falling for Nodame.

In episode 1:
After Chiaki washed Nodame's hair and told her she's like a dog, Nodame's reaction caused Chiaki to think of Vieira Sebastino - that Nodame is like him. After their piano duet Chiaki finds out that Nodame's dream was to become a kindergarten teacher, and he thought that amazing.
In episode 4:
When Chiaki see Nodame playing Beethoven's 7th symphony on the piano, and that she transcribed it in her hear because she was listening to S-Oke practicing everyday, he again thought she was amazing.
Chiaki's character seems to be willing to subjugate to superior talent. Nodame has, without doubt, talent and she's quite pretty (both in the manga and the drama) when she's cleaned up. Personally I'm surprised if he falls for her.

Even in real life you'll sometimes meet a couple whom you'll think "How the hell did he/she ended up with her/him."

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Nov 8th, '06, 01:34

after you watch episode 4 you will definitely see the spark developing. i gotta say, tamaki hiroshi, chiaki, is one good looking guy!! well dressed too!! he is exactly like those prince characters in mangas. especially in the last scene with the bench. his picture on jdorama.com does him no justice at all. i also think that he's also very charming as chiaki. i love it when his face twitches in horror

this drama is so entertaining and i really enjoy the music choice. does anybody know what the insert song is after the s-oke performance? it's sorta mellow and calm.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 8th, '06, 02:15

ladyusagi wrote:i gotta say, tamaki hiroshi, chiaki, is one good looking guy!! well dressed too!! he is exactly like those prince characters in mangas.
You should have seen Tamaki in "Waterboys" - in the first half of this movie he looked like a macho version of Masumi (the timpani queen)!
does anybody know what the insert song is after the s-oke performance? it's sorta mellow and calm.
It is still 'Rhapsody in Blue' by Gershwin, probably rearranged.

Daish

Post by Daish » Nov 8th, '06, 02:24

the hygene thing definite turn off, but if she was really as charming as ueno then i don't think its that bad........ habits can always be changed, can always go the extreme route just like chiaki and bath her ROFL :lol

That scene where she doesn't mind being called a dog was hilarious

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Nov 8th, '06, 02:42

ano, who's masumi the timpani queen?

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 8th, '06, 02:49

ladyusagi wrote:ano, who's masumi the timpani queen?
Masumi is the gay with the Afro-hair who plays the timpani (drums).

punkednoodle

Post by punkednoodle » Nov 8th, '06, 02:57

As for the comments on Chiaki and Nodame...

THTL puts it best as to how there's really no logic in love and people have their own reasons in falling in love. Other than that, I think you can best put Chiaki and Nodame's romance as that of how two entirely different people can be one great couple together.
This aspect is not entirely seen in the series yet, but you'll see how they pull each other towards their dream, especially after Chiaki graduates from the uni. And that's what's great about this series. Too bad they won't show beyond France. There's more fanfare in there for those who'd like to see their romance blossom. :wub:
Last edited by punkednoodle on Nov 8th, '06, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Nov 8th, '06, 03:06

<3s-tei. wrote:I love the manga and it's the first manga series that I've bought and gotten actual copyrighted copies of. I'm so excited for the next few episodes until the end. I hope it won't spoil it too much for me..~~ Ahh.. so excited.

I'm sharing my spontaneity at 2 o'clock in the morning with everyone. I hope you guys like it =).

great wallpaper!!

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Nov 8th, '06, 03:14

I just started this series and I enjoy it so much. It's quickly become of my favorite romantic comedies yet. I hope to see more development between Nodame and Chiaki. They're adorable together.

nim

Post by nim » Nov 8th, '06, 03:16

hey use the spoilerbox :-0
punkednoodle wrote: This aspect is not entirely seen in the series yet, but you'll see how they pull each other towards their dream, especially after Chiaki graduates from the uni. And that's what's great about this series. Too bad they won't show beyond France. There's more fanfare in there for those who'd like to see their romance blossom. :wub:
I haven't even read that far. I might have wanted to be suprised that they made a good match (haha but that's to be expected I guess x¨) but stuff like mentioning france when the plot builds around chiaki's inability to go abroad is too much information :-)

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 8th, '06, 03:16

In episode 4,
in Chiaki's apartment, with Nodame, Masumi and Mine, who farted under the blanket? It was her, wasn't it?
Charming indeed!

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Nov 8th, '06, 03:27

spokeydokey00 wrote:
<3s-tei. wrote:I love the manga and it's the first manga series that I've bought and gotten actual copyrighted copies of. I'm so excited for the next few episodes until the end. I hope it won't spoil it too much for me..~~ Ahh.. so excited.

great wallpaper!!
Thanks.

If anyone needs me to resize it, I'll be more than happy to do it for you.

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Nov 8th, '06, 03:28

thtl wrote:
haha oh yeah. :crazy: geh! how can tamaki hiroshi ever look like him? now i gotta see it.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 8th, '06, 03:29

softsubs of ep 3 BETA is released, check it out if you are impatient to wait for the Final version

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Nov 8th, '06, 03:35

Thanks for the update, siantut!

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 8th, '06, 03:40

Hiroshi was lovely in ep 4. Here's the sleeping beauty
joeboygo wrote:In episode 4,
in Chiaki's apartment, with Nodame, Masumi and Mine, who farted under the blanket? It was her, wasn't it?
Charming indeed!
ha ha regarding that, I almost fell off my chair LMAO after seeing Chiaki's reaction And the culprit is
ladyusagi wrote:
thtl wrote:
haha oh yeah. :crazy: geh! how can tamaki hiroshi ever look like him? now i gotta see it.
I didn't even notice him in there. After I knew he was in waterboys I looked for my waterboys dvd just to find out it was gone. He shaved his afro hair after it got caught on fire.

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Nov 8th, '06, 03:59

what episode is he in?

nice caps! i took many caps of the last scene also. truly a sleeping beauty!

EDIT
omg, he was the guy with the big mole on his face?!! i did not recognize him at all.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 8th, '06, 05:44

ladyusagi wrote: omg, he was the guy with the big mole on his face?!! i did not recognize him at all.
You've got it. It's funny that in "Waterboys" a gay guy fell for his character too. :D

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 8th, '06, 06:00

While we're on the topic of "sleeping beauty"
somebody gets to steal a kiss, but doesn't plant it on the lips.
If all she wanted was a peck on the cheek, she could have done it while he was wide awake with just minor artifice, as in "Senpai, congratulations on your smashing debut [tsup]." Or is there something in Japanese etiquette that says casual western-style kissing between the sexes is verbotten? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Anyhoo, if there is in fact such a taboo, then what she did makes even less sense to me. After all, hung for a dollar, hung for a dime, right? If shes going to assault a sleeping victim, she might as well go for the money shot, since the consequences for getting caught will be the same, particularly since she missed the red zone by just a hairs' breadth.

Ladies, what would you have done with the same opportunity? I've always thought of you as an agressive bunch with respect to these things, certainly more than us guys, so I'm guessing 8 out of ten would have gone for the lips. You can be honest, since we won't know who you are (unless you foolishly posted your picture in the post your pictures thread).

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Nov 8th, '06, 07:35

well kissing on the cheeks isn't really a normal thing in most asian cultures, japan included. however
i agree, she shoulda just gone for it. i guess they want to save the lip on lip kiss for the end for a climax? but i liked how he called her baka in his mind when she ran off all excited after she kissed him but then said "demo ore dakara" (but then, it's because it's me) and that little smirk at the end. :wub:

kodoque

Post by kodoque » Nov 8th, '06, 08:11

<3s-tei. wrote:
spokeydokey00 wrote:

great wallpaper!!
Thanks.

If anyone needs me to resize it, I'll be more than happy to do it for you.
woww..i love it! thanks. it's become my comp wallpaper..it's so simple but soo cute.

i am so in love with S-oke's performance that i downloaded beethoven's 7th symphony. ahhh..i cant wait for the OST to come out.

i felt sooooo proud of s-oke..i had tears in my eyes watching the performance just like nodame. I totally forgot that this was just a dorama!! they're just acting goshdamnit..hauhuahua..

but anyways..i love this show. LOVE it. head over heels with it.
everything about it is just..soooo ...ahh..cant describe it..except LOVE! :wub: :wub:

thanks for all those that contributed! hontou hontou arigato gozaimasuuu!

kof88

Post by kof88 » Nov 8th, '06, 09:14

Hm, where did you find that picture of nodame on the huge stone?

Are there any sites that have nodame dorama pics?

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 8th, '06, 18:55

Regarding the kissing, maybe it was a bad aim. From the beginning, she was locking on to his lips all along. But then in the end, due to excitement she missed her target but be it the lip or position next to the lip, she was equally satisfied. It's Chiaki-sama after all. Besides, I think subtlety is what the story is going for so it is only reasonable for her to land her kiss not at his lips.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Nov 8th, '06, 20:26

kof88 wrote:Hm, where did you find that picture of nodame on the huge stone?

Are there any sites that have nodame dorama pics?
Um. I took a screenshot of episode two.
Attachments
bscap0000.jpg
bscap0000.jpg (91.92 KiB) Viewed 4135 times

nim

Post by nim » Nov 8th, '06, 22:29

huaaaa! I just saw waterboys and after clearly seeing the resemblence several time while staring for it I still can't accept that it's the same actor as chiaki-sama! x¨0
so totally different! I can't say that the acting skill requirements for waterboys was that high but right now he atleast feels like the most flexible actor in the universe x¨) feels so strange.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 8th, '06, 22:52

nim wrote:hright now he atleast feels like the most flexible actor in the universe x¨) feels so strange.
I wouldn't go that far but Tamaki Hiroshi is indeed a good actor. Check him out in "Last Christmas" and "Top Caster".

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 8th, '06, 22:54

BTW if you guys are checking out the "Nodame Cantabile" website, take a look at the cast list. The clarinet player is also an ex-Waterboy, and is named 'Tamaki' in this role. A joke by the director?

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Nov 8th, '06, 23:05

thtl wrote:
nim wrote:hright now he atleast feels like the most flexible actor in the universe x¨) feels so strange.
I wouldn't go that far but Tamaki Hiroshi is indeed a good actor. Check him out in "Last Christmas" and "Top Caster".
Also "Hyouheki," where he plays a serious role as a mountain climber accused of causing the death of his best friend and colleague on K2. It's a short NHK series from last winter.

Corona

Post by Corona » Nov 8th, '06, 23:53

I was a bit stumped these past months with the new season starting and the series that came with it, none of them managed to capture my attention until Nodame Cantabile came along. It's refreshing and it feels as if the makers of the drama put in a lot of care and effort to make the series work..and it does! It certainly does! :notworthy:

Mucho kudos for the subbers letting me enjoy this wonderfull series!

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 9th, '06, 02:28

nim wrote:huaaaa! I just saw waterboys and after clearly seeing the resemblence several time while staring for it I still can't accept that it's the same actor as chiaki-sama! x¨0
so totally different! I can't say that the acting skill requirements for waterboys was that high but right now he atleast feels like the most flexible actor in the universe x¨) feels so strange.
Me too! When I first saw the drama, I thought "Geez! That guy looks so familiar, what did I watch him in before?" Then when I checked the cast list and his bio, I realized he was in Waterboys! Last I saw him was in "Remote" where he kinda played a geeky character too. He is really has some great acting skills. I definitely want to check out some of his other dramas now too!

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Nov 9th, '06, 02:38

TO <3s-tei: What program did you use to make this wallpaper? Did you use Photoshop? Just wondering.

BTW i just finished ep 3 with the BETA english subs and this show appears to be the best of the season.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Nov 9th, '06, 03:16

spokeydokey00 wrote:TO <3s-tei: What program did you use to make this wallpaper? Did you use Photoshop? Just wondering.

BTW i just finished ep 3 with the BETA english subs and this show appears to be the best of the season.
Yeah.~ I didn't take me long cause I didn't find out what to do about it. So I just left it simple like that.

Corona

Post by Corona » Nov 9th, '06, 12:28

Using the wallpaper right now, it's simple, but very effective and nice! :D

nim

Post by nim » Nov 9th, '06, 17:53

also using the wallpaper :-) soothes your longing for the next episode

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 9th, '06, 18:43

<3s-tei. wrote:
spokeydokey00 wrote:TO <3s-tei: What program did you use to make this wallpaper? Did you use Photoshop? Just wondering.

Yeah.~ I didn't take me long cause I didn't find out what to do about it. So I just left it simple like that.
The simplicity was the beauty of it. It makes me want to get the bag...

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Nov 9th, '06, 20:07

auroragb wrote:
<3s-tei. wrote:

The simplicity was the beauty of it. It makes me want to get the bag...
I want the bag too. It looks so unique and wacky and fun.

I saw Tamaki Hiroshi in Top Caster, he did a fairly good job. He's character was really fun and approachable. When I found out that he was going to do Chiaki, and knowing the story and characters from the manga, I thought "interesting, I hope he does a good job." Now that I've seen two episodes, I'm very surprised at how he's been pulling off the character. Although he seems a bit more haughty in the drama than in the manga. It's all good.

I hope that the drama will go with the manga. I can't wait =).

I'll try to make more wallpapers later when I get more and better screenshots... But I'm not making promises.

nim

Post by nim » Nov 9th, '06, 21:58

<3s-tei. wrote:I'll try to make more wallpapers later when I get more and better screenshots... But I'm not making promises.
oh yes you are~! one specially themed desktop image for each ep! ;¨3 tssk tssk

gyuudon

Post by gyuudon » Nov 10th, '06, 11:06

For some reason, in Episode 4, I found this scene to be both freaky, really hilarious, AND cute at the same time.

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Nov 10th, '06, 12:06

<3s-tei: the wallpaper is so adorable!! :3

Episode 4 was just awesome!! S-Oke for the win :D
I love the way the romance is starting to develop...like someone mentioned, there are these small traces of how Chiaki is falling for Nodame. I mean, yes, people fall in love in seconds in real life too, so It's ok that it happens in every other drama; but it's nice to see a story in which you can actually see a bit of feelings developing, right?

Of course, I'm all for the couple! Nodame is a terrific character (can I say that lots of these female characters in romance drams don't appeal to me at all?). Chiaki is quite the oujisama, bad mood and pride included. And then, I suppose he can make Nodame become a little more fond of hygiene... :D
Took me long enough, I had to go look how to make the spoiler tags :3

nim

Post by nim » Nov 11th, '06, 03:26

gyuudon wrote:For some reason, in Episode 4, I found this scene to be both freaky, really hilarious, AND cute at the same time.
Me too. I was skipping back lots of times when I saw it.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 11th, '06, 11:42

I just wanted to note the insane number of downloads this show is generating, for those who may not have noticed.

The basic raw by Mhfans is averaging over seven thousand downloads. This figure is big enough on its own, but then you have to consider that each episode has two other versions: the hardsub by Siantut, which draws over two thousand gets, and the hi-def Big5 version, which rings up another five hundred.

All torrents are still active, so the figures should continue to rise.

mawchan

Post by mawchan » Nov 11th, '06, 11:51

hey how do u download the subtitle for nodame cantabiile? i try downloading the nodame cantabile raw, but its not really funny withouth the subtitle...can anyone help me???>_<

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 11th, '06, 12:06

Sweetheart, look for them here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_40432.htm

If you don't see the sub for episode 4 there, that means it's not done yet.

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Nov 11th, '06, 18:03

ladyusagi wrote:
but then said "demo ore dakara" (but then, it's because it's me) and that little smirk at the end. :wub:
I believe he said something along the lines of "orei dakara," i.e., "I owed you one anyways" (because he got inspiration when he saw Nodame feverishly playing the piano and realized that all the members in the S orchestra had their own individual styles and in this sense were just like Nodame).

But anyways, I wasn't too fond of this drama at first, but episode 4 was quite entertaining... People pointed out the scene where Nodame gets her head stuck in the door. :lol I also liked the whole thing with the kotatsu and Chiaki-senpai falling under its curse... :lol The orchestra performance was also quite uplifting.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 11th, '06, 23:08

quashlo wrote:
ladyusagi wrote: I believe he said something along the lines of "orei dakara," i.e., "I owed you one anyways" (because he got inspiration when he saw Nodame feverishly playing the piano and realized that all the members in the S orchestra had their own individual styles and in this sense were just like Nodame).
What I heard was "Kore wa (ha) ore-sama, dakara." which means "Because it is ME."

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Nov 12th, '06, 00:13

i went back to the ending again and he did say "kore wa ore-sama dakara" so i guess the demo i thought i heard was all in my head.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 12th, '06, 02:28

It's "Baka, kore wa orei dakara na" which means "Silly, that's just for gratitude" or "due to gratitude" or "because of gratitude". Something like that.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 12th, '06, 04:14

That last scene didn't strike me as particularly romantic. It felt more like Chiaki was letting a puppy lick his face. A man can grow pretty fond of a smart little puppy if it can do a lot of tricks, but this doesn't mean he's falling in love.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 12th, '06, 07:35

Hideaki_Ito wrote:It's "Baka, kore wa orei dakara na" which means "Silly, that's just for gratitude" or "due to gratitude" or "because of gratitude". Something like that.
You're right - it was "...orei dakara na., not "...ore sama...". My mistake.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 12th, '06, 07:36

joeboygo wrote:That last scene didn't strike me as particularly romantic. It felt more like Chiaki was letting a puppy lick his face. A man can grow pretty fond of a smart little puppy if it can do a lot of tricks, but this doesn't mean he's falling in love.
Bear in mind this is a shoujou manga. It's original intended audience may interpret that kiss differently. :mrgreen:

nim

Post by nim » Nov 12th, '06, 08:31

what this happens in ep4?? I can't wait! x¨D

shinorei

Post by shinorei » Nov 12th, '06, 09:21

Yeah I liked the freaky scene of Ep4. It was hilarious and strange at the same time. =)
I really liked this series -- I first discovered it by reading a volume or two of the manga and when I discovered that there's a live-action for it, I immediately got hooked up with j-dramas. I'm currently checking out Anego. (:
Oh by the way, I love the classical music theme for this show -- that's the main pull factor me. The music is really soothing and cool at the same time.

thtl - Yeah. Shoujo manga. He let her surprise attack him because he wanted to thank her for helping him. I think he will eventually fall in love with her -- it's a matter of time anyways. (winks) But I haven't read the rest of the manga yet.. maybe the story is going to be neverending. -_- There is also an anime coming out in Jan, heh.

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Nov 12th, '06, 09:39

For the kiss, like everybody said: it's a reward for Nodame ^^ Nothing romantic at this time for him...
But I red the manga and their relationship will be develop
They will go out ^^ Chiaki will gradually come to like and love Nodame's presence beside him...And when they'll go to Paris, they'll go out, and they'll pratically live together

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Nov 12th, '06, 17:43

But I red the manga and their relationship will be develop
I was hoping the show would deviate a bit from the manga in this department, but that would take it too far away from its shoujo roots.
Well, if they go to France, Nodame should be able to blend right in,