7%
Only if you have time (2)
4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 820

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Sep 20th, '06, 09:40

I just watched again the scene at the beach, and strained to detect anything gayish about Shuji's smile... couldn't! :scratch: But then my gaydar is not much... Kame can have a veeery seductive smile, which probably could be taken as such even by a guy (you can see a beautiful instance of it in the Seishun Amigo video, min. 1:49-1:50), so I'd say, if there's anything of that seducer's smile in the last minutes of NWP, that would be probably Kame, not Shuji! :-)

Sakura-san, you're right, I'm not a Japanese Johnny's fan, I'm but a newbie Romanian Johnny's fan :roll so probably I don't know much about what counts as fanservice...
SakuraMinamoto wrote:There are already too many beautiful guys who are gay, why invent some more? XD
You raise a good question here, and I for one haven't got an answer... Like you, I'd say, why see some relationships as something they are not, esp in the case of NWP characters. But then, I've also invented my own characters... Why did I, like so many mangaka and fic writers, want to write a story about beautiful gay guys? I know there's been research done on this subject, but I haven't yet clarified my own motives. :P

Junfan21

Post by Junfan21 » Sep 26th, '06, 00:10

I love Nobuta wo Produce :D !
It's soo funny, and I love Yamapi and Kame!!!

homeboi19

Post by homeboi19 » Sep 28th, '06, 11:19

One of my Favorite Dramas and this drama introduced me to maki-chan :cheers:

ocha otoko

Post by ocha otoko » Sep 29th, '06, 12:02

homeboi19 ...you couldnt have put it better, it's the same for me... and yeah i think what made this drama so memorable is the friendship theme that is discussed throughout the series...and yeah we weren't distracted with the usual love triangle crap that usually dragged on a bit. but im sure many girls would have wanted a love story...if not with nobuta involved then certainly shuji x akira...as this thread has proved haha... but yeah one of my all time favs!~

skachild

Post by skachild » Sep 29th, '06, 14:45

hoho... i just watch it again....!! :lol :lol
really liked alot... NOBUTA POWER ENTER..!!! :thumright:

byul82

Post by byul82 » Oct 9th, '06, 02:17

I just finished watching all 10 episodes. I didn’t expect it to end the way it did. But I rather liked how the dorama ended. Shuji is pretty cool. Akira --- at first to me, was kinda annoying and an idiot. But as I began watching more episodes I began to change my mind about him. He is serious, cute and funny when he needs to be. I never knew about Yamapi before this dorama and now I am a total fan of his.

sakura_rin

Post by sakura_rin » Oct 9th, '06, 16:51

I watching all 10 episodes. It's so funny. I love this dorama very much.....Kame and Yamapi :wub:

FUUCHAN

Post by FUUCHAN » Oct 10th, '06, 16:27

i watched NWP and i realley like it

it's the one of the best drama i watched >>>and akira is my fav^______^

can u give me NAMES OF dramaS funneY and romance like N W P???

dragon529

Nobuta wo Produce soundtrack

Post by dragon529 » Oct 19th, '06, 05:26

Does anyone have the soundtrack and can upload? I just finished this drama and it's sooooo good!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Re: Nobuta wo Produce soundtrack

Post by habukie » Oct 19th, '06, 05:35

dragon529 wrote:Does anyone have the soundtrack and can upload? I just finished this drama and it's sooooo good!
you mean this? :roll

dragon529

Post by dragon529 » Oct 19th, '06, 05:40

yes thank you!

sakura_tenshi

Post by sakura_tenshi » Oct 20th, '06, 04:23

if anyone watched the intro episode that was aired before the actual series was aired, can you tell me what the song that played int the background was? or at least the artist? please!!! it was like, "ware ware bang bang" thats a bit of it but i cant find it anywhere T_T please help someone!!! if anyone knows, please email me at easily.amused93@gmail.com.!!!!!!! onegaishimasu!!!!!!!

oshuwel

Post by oshuwel » Oct 26th, '06, 18:47

No doubt, one of my top faves. Nobuta wo Produce is a great story of friendship. Plus, I love the cast! I feel like watching it over and over again.

namelessmon

Post by namelessmon » Nov 3rd, '06, 08:22

i LOVE this show~!^^ its a gret show....especially akira's character..i think yamapi did a great job acting as akira

Post by 206 » Nov 5th, '06, 08:33

My best Episode was the one with the haunted house.

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Nov 9th, '06, 13:25

Love this show :D !!!

But the ending pissed me off. Why do they have to seperate ?

Meme Sama

Post by Meme Sama » Nov 11th, '06, 13:59

If you like YamaPi you should watch it..b/c his character her is soooo nice & different..I like his "Kon" thingy..& when he say "Akira happy~" "Akira Shocku" without making the expression..soooo cuuuuute..& funny..^___^

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Nov 21st, '06, 00:34

love that drama!!!

F4-

Post by F4- » Nov 21st, '06, 00:51

that drama was a good drama... I love Kame and Yamapi!!!!!!!! but i kinda wish it didnt end like it did.... *sigh*

roxycutiegurl

Post by roxycutiegurl » Nov 26th, '06, 10:11

i luv yamapi in this show....kawaii ne...i've heard tat akira is suppose to be serious character but yamapi change all tat...yamapi is so talented...N i luv it when he do the kon kon thing..
Attachments
yamapi!!!!!!!!!!!!
yamapi!!!!!!!!!!!!
7678408.jpg (69.09 KiB) Viewed 4474 times

MizTsukuura

Nobuta wo Produce

Post by MizTsukuura » Dec 4th, '06, 04:07

I juz finished it yesterday.. & i love it!!!! Especially Yamapi & Kamenashi, they're soooooo CUTE!!! :w000t:
It also has a nice stiry line too. but i dont really like the ending.. but still i like the drama though. :thumright:

jica

Post by jica » Dec 13th, '06, 21:34

Hey... does anyone know the name of the school in Nobuta wo Produce?

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Dec 13th, '06, 21:57

What cracks me up about this thread, and was probably mentioned somewhere in the 50+ pages of posts, is how some people on the first few pages were posting about how crappy this series was after the first episode. I wonder if they still think this way after NWP became a megahit series.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Dec 16th, '06, 23:20

F4- wrote:that drama was a good drama... I love Kame and Yamapi!!!!!!!! but i kinda wish it didnt end like it did.... *sigh*

Hai, totally agree :D *Yamapi*:wub: ....

Mmmhh..didn't read the whole thread now and finished NWP some hours ago, so....
I think, after this ending there have to be a 2. season :scratch: ..... but probably this isn't the case....????

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Dec 17th, '06, 04:17

littledraci wrote:
F4- wrote:that drama was a good drama... I love Kame and Yamapi!!!!!!!! but i kinda wish it didnt end like it did.... *sigh*

Hai, totally agree :D *Yamapi*:wub: ....

Mmmhh..didn't read the whole thread now and finished NWP some hours ago, so....
I think, after this ending there have to be a 2. season :scratch: ..... but probably this isn't the case....????
Well, don't get your hopes up on a second season. 99% sure there won't be one, but wouldn't it be nice if it had a special, like an alternate ending, or what happens after the ending? :-)

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Dec 17th, '06, 10:50

Well, that would be another good possibility :D ... so I can bury my hope...what a pity

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 17th, '06, 18:50

berserk wrote:Unfortunately, society nowadays is so homophobic that people regard any form of physical affection between guys as being gay.
There's nothing homophobic about it - quite the opposite, really. I'm very attracted to gay men and I love, love, love yaoi fanfics and I'd actually prefer it A LOT if there was no female cast in dramas and every drama was about two hot guys together. :wub: Besides, affections between two men is just not part of our culture, really. Men are expected and told not to caress and kiss each other or to sit on each other's lap (and I know many wouldn't even want to even if it was a more normal sight) and most people abide by it, so it's only natural to wonder about the reasons when you do see people acting against this unwritten law. I don't think it's homophobic, just a natural surprising response to a sight that most of us weren't raised with.

I think nobody can argue against the fact that there is shounen-ai subtext in the drama, especially in the beach scene and a few other scenes earlier on where Akira actually sits on Shuji's laps and caresses him and a few of Shuji's reactions towards girls. That's actually very similar to many animes with good-looking male casts, where no yaoi is actually performed, but a lot is left unsaid on purpose to make girls think of the possibilities. Applying that to the drama itself, I think there are definitely subtle boy love hints throughout the show and I wouldn't be surprised if Shuji was gay - I mean, what was he doing rejecting that beautiful girl and being so blatantly not interested in her? However, it is still true that NwP is about friendship first and foremost, so while I think that Shuji might very possibly be homosexual, I don't really think he was lusting after anyone, not Nobuta, not Mariko, not even Akira in the show itself. What might develop after that beach scene, though, nobody can tell. :mrgreen:

So, I don't think Shuji and Akira are in love with each other, but that the drama sure was shameless in peppering itself with suggestions.

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 19th, '06, 01:35

loved the show!!

gimmegmailemail

Post by gimmegmailemail » Dec 20th, '06, 01:49

hmm...it was alright i guess...but highly overrated...
life-altering? i dont think so. its a good watch if you have nothing else to do, but it does not particularly stand out for me.

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Dec 20th, '06, 19:10

I liked it, it was cute show.
Probably, if I was still a highschooler I would have loved it, since I was A LOT like nobuta back in the day, hehehehe. Maybe that's why I love her character the best. :lol

The ending wasn't bitter-sweet for me, I found it great, I mean, come on, how many people that were friends in highschool stay together? not a lot that's for sure, you get to see them later on lin life, if you're lucky, or stay in touch and get together here and there, but never every day like it was in highschool... :P

So here's my own personal "special" ending:
Shuuuuij-KUN (say it like akira) and AKIRA (say it like nobuta) open a restaurant by the sea, Nobuta becomes a famous mangaka and moves to said village. Mariko becomes a doctor and works at a clinic, in said village. And aoi-san goes into the fashion industry. :D :roll

:thumright:
anyway....

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Dec 23rd, '06, 10:23

I thought it was very funny, Nibuta was definetely my favourite character(she reminded me of my favourite manga character Sunako Nakahara from the wallflower :D )
When she tries to smile and there is the little twitch in her lips is too funny :lol

pankanshe

Post by pankanshe » Dec 27th, '06, 19:42

Good watch... but the find the characters are really unrealistic. I guess it's why they exist in dramas and why we watch them.

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Dec 28th, '06, 01:36

Hachiko-chan wrote:I thought it was very funny, Nibuta was definetely my favourite character(she reminded me of my favourite manga character Sunako Nakahara from the wallflower :D )
When she tries to smile and there is the little twitch in her lips is too funny :lol
Agreed. I've noticed that many people, including myself have compared Nobuta to Sunako.

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 28th, '06, 02:16

Sunako and Nobuta ?

They are completely different. As can be seen from the manga, Sunako deliberately opposes that 4 handsome guys' effort to popularize her, while Nobuta does not. Furthermore, Maki Horikita is the cutest girl in the world, how can you compare her with Sunako... oh noooo

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Dec 28th, '06, 02:40

getsuga wrote:Sunako and Nobuta ?

They are completely different. As can be seen from the manga, Sunako deliberately opposes that 4 handsome guys' effort to popularize her, while Nobuta does not. Furthermore, Maki Horikita is the cutest girl in the world, how can you compare her with Sunako... oh noooo
Well, by comparing I meant that the initial impression of Nobuta reminded me of Sunako, I am aware of the their very broad differences.

Also, Sunako is very beautiful in my opinion, it's just that we mainly see her in chibi-style.

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 28th, '06, 02:47

Not as beautiful as Maki Horikita... also in my opinion :)

Elusive M

Post by Elusive M » Jan 3rd, '07, 03:35

Which subbing team has the best quality fansubs of this series?

Are there any like SARS-Fansubs' hardsubs?

fridaynae

Post by fridaynae » Jan 4th, '07, 04:19

i love all the characters in this dorama..they're all very unique..my friends and i watched it more than three times and we never get bored..every episode is so refreshing..horikita maki is so good as nobuta..i watched her in kurosagi first and i didn't like her so much..but after watching her in NwP,i started to like her..she's great in Densha Otoko too..i really hope that someday i can watch her play a bullying student instead of a girl that is being bullied..i'm sure it's going to be great..anyway,i looveee shuji to akira pairing..they're so cute...

missychick

Post by missychick » Jan 7th, '07, 08:00

i loved this drama the quirkiness and indivituals personalities of the characters sucked me in the show :D (wow that sound so proffesional XP) it actually made me realize many things and i hope i get friends like those *-* hehe just loved it..tho the ending was sooo unsatisfying..i hope they would like have one special episode to stop me from guessing the end... not a sequel tho..i think that would just ruin it x-x

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jan 8th, '07, 12:51

:-) Is there more to guess about the end? Nobuta is doing really well on her own, with Mariko as a friend, and Shuji still has got Akira, as he needed him more than Nobuta :p They are all well on their road to becoming mature, giving adults :-) Very satisfying ending, imho!

Yvon

Visit Yamaki's site that I have created....

Post by Yvon » Jan 12th, '07, 09:15

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Jan 12th, '07, 09:26

Elusive M wrote:Which subbing team has the best quality fansubs of this series?

Are there any like SARS-Fansubs' hardsubs?
dancestars got da best quality fansub...

cykia

Post by cykia » Jan 13th, '07, 06:17

I loved this drama so much that I went on to read the book... the book is so different and thank God or I wouldn't have seen Yamapi in it. I thought it was a great JDrama.

gnosis

Post by gnosis » Jan 14th, '07, 05:44

I love this drama. ::two thumbs up::

I_Am_Baka

Post by I_Am_Baka » Feb 7th, '07, 02:52

Does anybody know/have the music that plays on 3rd episode? That which Shuji plays with his teachers. If anybody knows/has please post here. Thx

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 8th, '07, 02:05

One of my favorite dramas!

Kame and Yamapi were realli good at acting here

Such a great show about friendship :cheers:

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Mar 15th, '07, 11:59

This serie is great ! Kame, Maki and Yamapi acted very well and they 3 had a good chemistry together. My fav character is definetely Akira! he's so funny and cute!

About the episodes I think the ending of the 4th episode it one of the best and also one where Nobuta is with Akira and he says something about her hand :wub:. I think they would be the best couple

At the moment I just finnished watching Nobuta wo Produce's 7 episode and I hated the ending of that episode because (the explanation will have to be inside the spoiler tags :D ):
How come Akira gave up of Nobuta before making clear to her that he likes her. (that scene where he says "I dont want to see the girl i like cry" doenst make things clear. If i was Nobuta i would never guess he liked me.

It's really sad that he gave up of Nobuta, he was perfect for her and I think if she knew that he liked her, she'll end liking him too.

Now NObuta's destiny is to stay alone with no Akira. This is definetely super sad! :cry:
I was so excited with the serie!! Now because of that episode, my excitment has gone down. i'll watch all the other episodes for sure but I already know that:
Nobuta will not stay with Akira and in the end he and Shinji will leave her...that's what people told me
and this doesnt sound good. :( it's not the end I wanted...

but even in spite of that, i think it's a great serie.
as Akira is staying alone...
I want Akira for me! :wub:

phramc

Post by phramc » Mar 15th, '07, 21:54

I wanted her to like Akira, mainly because I'm biased and I love yamapi, and I wasn't a fan of the end. I think she had more of a chance liking shuuji. I didn't like how they left her either. but it's still definately one of my favorite jdramas. It's soo amazing.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Mar 15th, '07, 22:00

i wanted her with shuuji and no its not because i like kame better
heck if pi and kame trade characters then i would still think shuuji and nobuta were good together. I thought it was cute that Akira liked her and everything but throughout the drama i could see that she only thought of him as a friend. She seemed like she liked shuuji.

phramc

Post by phramc » Mar 15th, '07, 22:40

yeah she did seem like she liked shuuji more. Though I like pi I think she and shuuji would've been a better couple.

nela302

Post by nela302 » Mar 15th, '07, 22:46

i LOVE nobuta wo produce. it's one of my fav. both kame and pi were great.

super-stylish

Post by super-stylish » Mar 15th, '07, 23:27

I just love this drama and can't get bored of it

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Mar 17th, '07, 19:18

yeah she seems to like Shuji more in the love way and Akira more in the friend way. But i think Akira suits better for her and he's so adorable and likes her even though she's considerated a freak. I dont think Shuji suits her...he never really liked her in the love way.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 18th, '07, 06:50

I just finished this and I think I am the only person in the universe that was not crazy about this drama... Kame was adorable in it but something was missing for me...

And I did not like the ending either...

I would have preferred if
it ended with Shuji driving away and the last people that he sees is Nobuta and Akira waving. It would have left a lot more mystery and we would wonder if they all met again? Did Akira and Nobuta hook up? Would Nobuta find Shuji later and hook up with him? How did Shuji cope in his new school?
So it was a good drama IMO but it would definitely not be in my top 10.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Mar 21st, '07, 00:09

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:
I would have preferred if
it ended with Shuji driving away and the last people that he sees is Nobuta and Akira waving. It would have left a lot more mystery and we would wonder if they all met again? Did Akira and Nobuta hook up? Would Nobuta find Shuji later and hook up with him? How did Shuji cope in his new school?
Yeah you're right! It would have been better if it ended there but the ending made sense and it really made me cry and think about life.
About the ending, I missed a proper goodbye of nobuta to akira and even a proper goodbye of nobuta and akira to shuji, but maybe they didnt showed these proper goobyes to show that even though they're in different places, they'll always be connected and close to each other. And about Akira leaving Nobuta, it wanted to show that Nobuta is now more confident and can move on with her own "legs" and she can live without having to be "protected" by Akira and Shinji

I really wished these 3 could be together (with Akira and Nobuta dating ... even though the serie didnt made a lot of chances for that to happen because they were focusing more in their friendship), but in a overall it wasnt a baaaaaad ending.
I'm sad the serie ended, i really loved it and i'll miss Akira, Nobuta and Shuji! :cry:

And thanks for those who suggested me to watch it :cheers:

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Mar 21st, '07, 00:16

I got this on DVD. I watched again for the 2nd time. I love it, but the end was kinda sad. It seemed like it ended too soon. There should be a special to see what happened after the ending.

phramc

Post by phramc » Mar 21st, '07, 00:31

I agree. The ending wasn't quite complete for me
I really wanted Nobuta to join them so they could stay a trio....or at least for nobuta to hook up with akira or something. It kind of disappointed me but I still loved it.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Mar 22nd, '07, 17:54

phramc wrote:I agree. The ending wasn't quite complete for me
I really wanted Nobuta to join them so they could stay a trio....or at least for nobuta to hook up with akira or something. It kind of disappointed me but I still loved it.
Yeap! :thumright: It's in my top drama list! :mrgreen:

Corona

Post by Corona » Apr 6th, '07, 23:47

Found something small and nice on the site of the music composer (Yoshihiro Ike) of Nobuta wo Produce.

http://www.ike-yoshihiro.com/gallery/index.html#

Check out the 3rd video! Brough a smile to my face :D

tsukia

Post by tsukia » Apr 13th, '07, 23:01

Well, I finished watching it now. I had this on my pc for quite a long time, though o.o~
I'd say even though I wasn't expecting much of it, I ended up loving it completly. *-*/~ And I smiled at the video too... it must be good to create songs like this and bring a dorama to life through it xD

Someone was saying that there were similarities between Sunako from PGE and Nobuta. Well, although they seem both really weird at the beggining, there's too many differences between them both. I think Nobuta is much more open to the world then Sunako is, just to start with. I love PGE too, but for different reasons ^^'
As for the ending, well, I didn't want Nobuta to be with neither of them, talking about a love relationship. I think their bounds weren't for that. I was kind of desapointed by the fact that they weren't together in the end, that was mean ;~~~ But I liked the message that was given, anyway. And I thought it was really moving!

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Apr 13th, '07, 23:08

damn, im barely on the first episode but it looks promising...

Liss

Post by Liss » Apr 15th, '07, 01:27

it was a good drama but not to the extent of life altering for me

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 15th, '07, 19:08

I just finished this series and i am totally in love with Kame. He's so cute and omg i love his smile.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 15th, '07, 19:12

Do you guys know where i can get the song Seishun Amigo?

sweetanna

Post by sweetanna » Apr 15th, '07, 19:47

go here...this is the torrent for the whole seishun amigo single cd...

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_24311.htm

enjoy

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 15th, '07, 20:02

gummonster wrote:I just finished this series and i am totally in love with Kame. He's so cute and omg i love his smile.
:lol :lol :lol , that is exactly how i fell for kame and yamapi too. now i just can't keep away from everything they do. Kame is so sute in this drama. i feel like i am betraying jun and tomoya :lol .

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Apr 15th, '07, 21:41

Issy wrote:
gummonster wrote:I just finished this series and i am totally in love with Kame. He's so cute and omg i love his smile.
:lol :lol :lol , that is exactly how i fell for kame and yamapi too. now i just can't keep away from everything they do. Kame is so sute in this drama. i feel like i am betraying jun and tomoya :lol .
aw, well, to me i just to love only Tomoya and Jun, but now i have a new one. Kame. so it's Tomoya, Jun, and Kame now for meh. but yeah, i do feel kinda betraying to jun and tomoya. hehehe

tsukia

Post by tsukia » Apr 21st, '07, 01:32

gummonster wrote:
Issy wrote:
aw, well, to me i just to love only Tomoya and Jun, but now i have a new one. Kame. so it's Tomoya, Jun, and Kame now for meh. but yeah, i do feel kinda betraying to jun and tomoya. hehehe
If I may say, I also think that's exactly what this drama does with people. I'm in love with Kame too _ _' and I can't get enough of him xD

And that's not betraying! You still like them, it's just an add, right? xDDD

kame kame kame \o/

matsujun06

Post by matsujun06 » Apr 21st, '07, 03:03

The drama was so great. even though the ending wasn't that happy for me, it is still great.

i really liked yamapi's role. :wub:

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Apr 21st, '07, 14:00

Cute series.
I love the whole pig thing.
And...Akira's lines he makes up...
"nobuta power...enter"
"kon"
But the ending....Ehhhh

jin's Butterfly

Post by jin's Butterfly » Apr 21st, '07, 15:42

i watched the drama its pretty cool
you shouldnt' miss it at all ..
after this drama i became kame's fan ..he so cute ..

Kon Kon

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Nov 10th, '07, 08:43

*kon kon* Jeez i think i got influenced by yamapi. NWP rocks my socks! The theme about friendship really moved my heart. and i love the three of them - shuji, akira and nobuta. i love their characters! so whacky and cute :mrgreen: especially akira! with his kon kon thingy, and his special way of calling shu-ji-kun~ and the way he laughs. :P

yamapi22

Post by yamapi22 » Nov 13th, '07, 06:59

after watching this drama for the 4th time... i just notice something... aoi.. the evil girl is in episode 1... 10:40 to 11:13

capricorngal

Post by capricorngal » Nov 15th, '07, 05:50

yamapi22 wrote:after watching this drama for the 4th time... i just notice something... aoi.. the evil girl is in episode 1... 10:40 to 11:13
what is it you noticed?

reikiosuke

Post by reikiosuke » Nov 15th, '07, 11:27

this drama is so great.. I like the way yamapi acts LOL.. kon kon

and how maki do the nobuta power post.