Plastic surgery in Japanese society or entertainment?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
goygakgoy

Plastic surgery in Japanese society or entertainment?

Post by goygakgoy » Oct 12th, '06, 19:49

Is it common for Japanese or Japanese celebrities to have plastic surgery? After watching many J-dramas...it doesn't look like many does surgery...am I wrong? I hear that it's very common in Korean entertainment.

piccu

Post by piccu » Oct 12th, '06, 19:55

I'm not too sure, but I think its quite common :mrgreen:
Japanese plastic surgeries are supposed to be one of the best world wide

Take a look at Itou Misaki, Ryo or the most obvious example: Ayumi Hamasaki (I'm taking back that japanese plastic surgeries are the best :whistling: )
:

kouka1

Post by kouka1 » Oct 12th, '06, 20:03

I don't think it's as common as Korean celebs.
75% of all Koreans were born with single eyelids yet the most majority of the Korean celebs have double eyelids.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 12th, '06, 20:03

Yeah, it's quite common.
Yada Akiko, Nakayama Miho for the less obvious... amongst others...

chamcham

Post by chamcham » Oct 12th, '06, 20:13

There's a j-drama called "Seikin Bijin" or "Artificial Beauty".

The drama seems to suggest that plastic surgery goes completely
against Japanese aesthetics and beauty. Many of the characters in
the shows are ikebana(flower arrangements) experts. So I get the
feeling that these ideas also exist in ikebana(especially in the scene
where they exhibited fake flowers and the stigma that it caused).

It also seemed to suggest that many relationships are ended after
it's revealed that one of the partners has undergone plastic surgery. People who do plastic surgery are fake and the Japanese concept of beauty is natural and real.

I don't know if anyone of this is really true.
But that's the impression that I got.

For a country with so many beautiful women, plastic surgery almost
seems non-existent. Health food and cosmetics are all Japanese women
seem to need.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Oct 12th, '06, 23:15

Itou Misaki had a face job????????
????

HAHA! She looks amazing...kudos to the surgeon!! I would have never known. I could easily tell that Ayumi Hamasaki done it..and it looks freaking nasty.

piccu

Post by piccu » Oct 13th, '06, 22:16

goygakgoy wrote:Itou Misaki had a face job????????
????
yep, her nose is fake

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 14th, '06, 09:34

You'll be shocked by how many J-idols have had plastic surgery. Just click on the following link and scroll through the pages:

http://nbbs.naver.com/nmulti/list.php?b ... y_3&page=1

It will completely change how you look at celebrities.
Last edited by berserk on Oct 14th, '06, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 14th, '06, 09:36

piccu wrote:
????
yep, her nose is fake
Nose job alright. From a wide, bulbous nose to a thin, streamlined nose.
[img]http://cbingoimage.naver.com/data/bingo ... ey_140.jpg[/img]

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 14th, '06, 09:43

GUESS WHO? Answer below

[img]http://cbingoimage.naver.com/data/bingo ... ey2_24.jpg[/img]

Answer: Shiraishi Miho had her eyes done.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 14th, '06, 09:49

Asian Barbie dolls, yum!!!

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Oct 14th, '06, 10:05

berserk wrote:You'll be shocked by how many J-celebrities have had plastic surgery. Just click on the following link and scroll through the pages:

http://nbbs.naver.com/nmulti/list.php?b ... y_3&page=1

It will completely change how you look at celebrities.
Hmmm... Why is it that the proportions are wrong on all the pictures? ("before" pictures: too wide, "after" pictures: too narrow)
E.g.: http://nbbs.naver.com/nmulti/read.php?b ... 126&page=1

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 14th, '06, 10:16

i believe only some celebrities get plastic surgery, others just change as they get older

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 14th, '06, 10:29

I believe that none of us will do more than watch them on a screen, so who cares? If they choose to do so, then they choose to do so.

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 14th, '06, 10:45

gryzze wrote: Hmmm... Why is it that the proportions are wrong on all the pictures? ("before" pictures: too wide, "after" pictures: too narrow)
E.g.: http://nbbs.naver.com/nmulti/read.php?b ... 126&page=1
The proportions do seem off in a couple pictures. Not that it matters since most of the cosmetic changes seem to be in the eyelids or nose shape (plus I don't think it's possible for surgery to narrow a person's jawline).

In any case, I can understand why so many resort to plastic surgery. The entertainment industry is a competitive/selective one. They're only doing what is necessary to stay ahead. I won't judge them for it.

piccu

Post by piccu » Oct 14th, '06, 15:11

It seems that it's not so uncommon for men to have plastic surgeries in Asia :lol
Double eye-lid surgeries seem to be very common

Some Johnny's

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 14th, '06, 17:26

aNToK wrote:I believe that none of us will do more than watch them on a screen, so who cares? If they choose to do so, then they choose to do so.
do they choose or is there some kind of pressure from the agencies?

With the japanese system, I don't think they can Really do what they want, at least were their career is just starting.
Last edited by 20centuryboy on Oct 14th, '06, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 14th, '06, 17:44

Oh, I'm sure that many of them get strong suggestions if not downright demands by their agencies. It's rather sickening the control that the talent agencies have and how little the artists do. One more reason to not hold it against them.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 14th, '06, 17:56

^ although when you look at ppl like Domoto Tsuyoshi, sometimes you gotta wonder at how much power the talent agency really has over ppl who are determined enough to ignore them (and have the popularity to back them)... :lol

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 14th, '06, 18:21

mizune wrote:^ although when you look at ppl like Domoto Tsuyoshi, sometimes you gotta wonder at how much power the talent agency really has over ppl who are determined enough to ignore them (and have the popularity to back them)... :lol
Well Domoto san would need a complete new head ... :mrgreen: It's like
Hirosue Ryoko, if you're a surgeon, you wonder where to start...
on the oposite, Tsumabuki or Fukada , I wonder why they had surgery, they looked good before and there's almost no difference.

halalsushi

Post by halalsushi » Oct 14th, '06, 18:28

Plastic surgery does happen in Japan and Korea. It is common in many rich industrialized nations where people have lots of money to spend. These people are not satisfied with how they have been created. However, that does not mean all the actors/actresses in Japan and Korea have had surgery. They do use a lot of makeup and film-lightening techniques which causes their skin to glow on film. Also, the photographs of the movie stars in promotional posters, magazines, etc are all photoshopped. This makes their skin look as smooth and shiny as plastic, which is of course unnatural. As for 75% of Koreans being born with single-eyelids, that is untrue. For all CJK peoples - roughly half are born with double-eyelids and the other half with single-eyelids. As for this Korean site, hmm... It seems to be typical anti-Japanese fare. Some of them definitely had surgery while the others just didn't have any makeup on and were not photoshopped. So the Koreans making this site and anybody else should know this: The majority of people in any given country are ugly, average or a little bit above in the looks department. It is only the small minority that are exceedingly beautiful, which is why they are the most sought after and garner the most attention.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 14th, '06, 19:08

I always thought Itoh Misaki's nose looked strange and somewhat ugly.

Now I know why. :lol

As for male celebs such as Nishikido Ryo - I actually prefer Asian men with single eyelids, so I'm thinking he looked better before than after.

yieebo

Post by yieebo » Oct 14th, '06, 19:38

the thing i notice the most is maybe Korean guys noses look way too narrow/thin sometimes to be natural. so i don't know how common it is in Japan or Korea for them to get drastic nose work done? i'm sure some of them have naturally small, and pointy noses, but i'll bet a bunch of them have had nose jobs.

to me, that is pathetic in a way.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 14th, '06, 20:17

I have absolutely no problem with any form of facial augmentation.

What I DO have a problem with is when fans start mouthing off **** about "XXXX artists look better than YYYY actors", when the world knows for a fact that XXXX frequently use facial augmentation. IMHO, the fans demand for visual perfection drives these artists to get these procedures. If an Asian drama fan is against facial agumentation, talk to your fellow fans and have them stop relying on looks and focus more on the storylines. Personally, I could give a flying f**k about looks; I just want to see some good storylines.

--- groink

wickedseahorse

Post by wickedseahorse » Oct 14th, '06, 20:47

so are chinese people more statisically inclined to have the double eyelid?

Deedlith

Post by Deedlith » Oct 14th, '06, 20:52

Well i don't totally agree with you Groink. When I watch a movie or a drama i like to see good looking actors because it makes me simply dreaming. It's like when you're watching a sad story, we always prefer the guy to succeed in the end whether it's about life or love. The screen is helping you forget for a bit your complicated life and so on.
This is the main reason i think we shouldn't judge actors who do it. People like good looking actors so they do plastic surgery and so what? As long as the story's good and i get to see gorgeous actors and scenaries i don't care. Especially since i'm not living with them anyway. Like in Politics, the Politicians make lots of promises they never keep but are you going to vote for somebody who tells you " Ah sorry, i'm not gonna give you any hope since i won't keep my promises anyway." Same with every love stories, how many Romantic comedies have you seen with ugly actors? Probably none or maybe one or two...
Let me be clear, i'm not favorable to plastic surgery, i like somebody whose beauty is totally natural however i'm not going to laugh at an actor or start disliking one because he did it since he's body is also an intrument of his work. It is necessary in that industry to look decent.

PS: don't know if i made mysekf clear, poor level in english writing sorry.

wickedseahorse

Post by wickedseahorse » Oct 14th, '06, 20:55

i think it's true that it's up to the person doing the surgery.. but what if they're pressured into it? i think that's the biggest issue. i wont stop someone from doing it, but id ont think they should do it if they dont need to. the fact that most of these people don't have a choice because of competition and stuff is crazy insane!

rubenaku

Post by rubenaku » Oct 14th, '06, 21:15

Take a look at this...

http://jpoptrash.nihon-fr.com/chirurgie ... rgiens.htm

I usually think that asian woman is probably one of the most beautiful in the world, when they're really pretty, because ugly people exists everywhere. After seeing that pictures I only have one thing to say: Damn It! They have a good surgeon! XD.

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm Spanish and I'm not used to speak in that language.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 14th, '06, 21:16

I think the main problem with plastic surgery is that it's a testament to how narrow our idea of beauty really is. It's come to such an extreme that many Korean actresses look almost the same, with the same nose, the same eyes and in many cases, the same body type. It's really a shame that we let the media dictate us into thinking that only ONE kind of nose or ONE kind of eye or ONE kind of body type is the most desirable and ultimately the only choice for a model or an actor/actress.

I'd like to see more variety in the way actors and actresses look; I'd especially like to see more Asian actors with small eyes and flat noses because I do not think those features are inferior to the Westernized features commonly found in most actors. As for actresses, I'd like to see more with a more unusual body type - most Asian actresses seem to be tall and slim, so I'm always cheering when I see either a petite or a curvy actress. Variety is the spice of life, so I find it very sad that we, the consumers, are forcing our own stars to bow to the same ideal and ultimately make them look almost identical.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 14th, '06, 21:27

Deedlith wrote:When I watch a movie or a drama i like to see good looking actors because it makes me simply dreaming.
I like to watch good stories with good actors.

We are surrounded by images of beauty that are there only to keep up our libido. it helps selling us all kind of stuff. keep people frustrated ( about how they look, about how their relatives look, about their lives) and you can continue selling them anything. frustration is the base of capitalism.
The ultimate stage of this being internet, where the younguest came to think that it's normal for them to have anything for free... How peculiar! :lol

Anyway, most of these pictures we see everyday have noothing to do with reality, like it's been said, there's a good photography and make up job and often, some photoshop job. If you meet some actors or models in real life, it's really amazing how they look normal, Honestly, it's disapointing...
rubenaku wrote:Take a look at this...

I usually think that asian woman is probably one of the most beautiful in the world, when they're really pretty, because ugly people exists everywhere. After seeing that pictures I only have one thing to say: Damn It! They have a good surgeon! XD.
Well, to be honest, it's really unfair, we can judge on only one picture, of some idols, taken when they were young, not by a professional, like some ID card photos, etc... Who said it's not the worst photo of them, and we are supposed to compare with a professional picsure with good make up and the surgery, of course, but here, it definitely doesn't do everything. who doesn't have a picture where he/she looks horrible/weird/stupid ?

Those pictures are put here in a very special purpose, I guess they're chosen in that purpose.

And the supposed "smart" comments under the pictures... makes you happy you don't understand french. I guess the guy who made that site felt better after bashing so meaningly some celebrities, I just feel sorry for him/her, he/she must feel very fustrated in his/her life.

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Oct 14th, '06, 21:40

By rubenaku
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I usually think that asian woman is probably one of the most beautiful in the world, when they're really pretty, because ugly people exists everywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't agree that asian woman is probably one of the most beautiful in the world. There're beautiful women everywhere in the world including European women, women from middle east, women from South America, ... etc

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Oct 14th, '06, 21:43

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By 20centuryboy
Well, to be honest, it's really unfair, we can judge on only one picture, of some idols, taken when they were young, not by a professional, like some ID card photos, etc... Who said it's not the worst photo of them, and we are supposed to compare with a professional picsure with good make up and the surgery, of course, but here, it definitely doesn't do everything. who doesn't have a picture where he/she looks horrible/weird/stupid ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Je suis d'accord complètement! :-)

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Oct 15th, '06, 03:25

Néa Vanille wrote:I think the main problem with plastic surgery is that it's a testament to how narrow our idea of beauty really is. It's come to such an extreme that many Korean actresses look almost the same, with the same nose, the same eyes and in many cases, the same body type. It's really a shame that we let the media dictate us into thinking that only ONE kind of nose or ONE kind of eye or ONE kind of body type is the most desirable and ultimately the only choice for a model or an actor/actress.

I'd like to see more variety in the way actors and actresses look; I'd especially like to see more Asian actors with small eyes and flat noses because I do not think those features are inferior to the Westernized features commonly found in most actors. As for actresses, I'd like to see more with a more unusual body type - most Asian actresses seem to be tall and slim, so I'm always cheering when I see either a petite or a curvy actress. Variety is the spice of life, so I find it very sad that we, the consumers, are forcing our own stars to bow to the same ideal and ultimately make them look almost identical.
I do find a large number of Korean actresses look very very similar and sometimes it's very difficult to even tell them apart and even some of the Japanese singers/actresses. There can only be one kind of look. One of the reasons why I applaud many of the Hong Kong actresses who star in TVB dramas. There is a great variety of appearances of Hong Kong actresses which is good to see. Maybe the demand to get facial restructuring, nosejob or double eyelids are not as intense as it is in Korea or Japan. Or maybe there is more of an acceptance for diversity of what an actress should look like. Since I watch lots of different Asian dramas and movies that's what I noticed anyways. Of course they all still have the need to be skinny as hell - it would be nice to see an actress be popular who is heavier (and I don't mean wear a size 6).

Romance

Post by Romance » Oct 15th, '06, 06:05

japanese women are in my opinion the hottest on the whole planet, the rest is a joke compared.

and there isnt more plastic surgery here than anywhere else, probably lesser

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 15th, '06, 06:16

Romance wrote:japanese women are in my opinion the hottest on the whole planet
Agreed

Deedlith

Post by Deedlith » Oct 15th, '06, 07:01

20centuryboy wrote:
Deedlith wrote:When I watch a movie or a drama i like to see good looking actors because it makes me simply dreaming.
I like to watch good stories with good actors.

We are surrounded by images of beauty that are there only to keep up our libido. it helps selling us all kind of stuff. keep people frustrated ( about how they look, about how their relatives look, about their lives) and you can continue selling them anything. frustration is the base of capitalism.
The ultimate stage of this being internet, where the younguest came to think that it's normal for them to have anything for free... How peculiar! :lol

Anyway, most of these pictures we see everyday have noothing to do with reality, like it's been said, there's a good photography and make up job and often, some photoshop job. If you meet some actors or models in real life, it's really amazing how they look normal, Honestly, it's disapointing...

Those pictures are put here in a very special purpose, I guess they're chosen in that purpose.

And the supposed "smart" comments under the pictures... makes you happy you don't understand french. I guess the guy who made that site felt better after bashing so meaningly some celebrities, I just feel sorry for him/her, he/she must feel very fustrated in his/her life.
I never said that not being a good actor is important. What i meant is that when you're watching a drama or a movie you're expecting to see a kind of "product". The scenario, sceneries, the way the actors are shown are made so that there is audience, and to have audience you have to make them forget a bit about reality. Same with an advertisement, it's always the same houses with women looking happy with their houses well cleaned, husband's home at time playing with the children all looking innocent and well behaved... It's what the media works, try to change the system a bit and it drops the audience.
Actors are part of the system, all having to be handsome and everything, but the scenarios as well, there's not a lot of originality, if you look closely, it's always the same ingredients, when it looks different we call it " cinema d'auteurs" ( don't know the english expression sorry) and as you know few people go watch them. I'm not criticizing the system as I'm into it and contributing to it, however I'm trying to explain that our brain are kind of "formatted" to expect something like this on screen, i would even say that the media works to make us all think the same. Speaking about that there's an interesting book, never got the time to read it entirely, but it's called "Propagande Silencieuse" and it talks about this influence of the media on the way how people think.
Anyway, the way people look outside the screen should not be a concern for anybody, their job is to look good and act good on screen, the rest is up to them. They are human beings, not robot machines, they breathe, eat, go to the loo, get tired as well, simply humans so it's totally idiotic expecting them to always be the man or the woman you see when you watch TV.
As for the feeling of frustration, well it's true that the media are selling a uniform image of beauty, but come on you're not going out with an image but somebody who's got a personality as well, this is something the media can't show an ideal of, simply because it's extremely personnal. To get influenced by this forgetting your own good points is a bit naive. I used to have a friend who was extremely beautiful, she was tall, and really pretty naturally without apparently doing anything excepts choosing good clothes. However after hanging out with her for a year, i discovered she had a truly nasty temper, extremely jealous of others who were better than than her, at school but about anything as well. Since she knew everybody would turn her her off if they knew she was like this she was extremely careful not to slip in front of anybody, except a tiny tiny bit when she was with me. The guy she wanted to go out with, like every other guy was seduced by her beauty and her apparent nice personnality " i will help you do this and that" - but it was always just to look good- and went out with with her. They went out about half a year or so, by that time i had already told her i didn't want to hang out with a person with such a nasty temper with the astonishment of everybody who did not truly know her since "she is SO NICE". But after that sudden broke up,the guy didn't want to hear about it any more, you know what: he went to me and said " ah I understand you now. She is a frustrated girl always complaining about others it finally got on my nerves. You know what she didn't like my sister because she is a model anad everybody complimented my sister and not her. She even critisized my friends because we're all from Henry IV [ it is an extremelly famous high school in France- President Chirac went over there for example] and she's not. etc..."
You see, honestly that girl was beautiful and extremelly brilliant, but she was a frustrated girl anyway, whereas there's some who are not that pretty, not that successful in real life and feels good about it too. I think the medias just make the one frustrated from the very beginning more frustrated, the others just don't care. This is TV after all.

Totally Agree.

My that was a long post...

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 15th, '06, 11:16

Romance wrote:japanese women are in my opinion the hottest on the whole planet, the rest is a joke compared.
There are plenty of non-Japanese Asian women who look Japanese. Some are even objectively speaking more attractive - young Korean women, for example, have a lower obesity rate than young Japanese women. Rainie Yang, who is Taiwanese, looks very Japanese for example - so she's inferior to any genuine Japanese woman because she has the "wrong" blood?

I don't even need to mention that's pervertedly racist, do I?

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 15th, '06, 11:39

Néa Vanille wrote:I don't even need to mention that's pervertedly racist, do I?
It would have been if he has said " asian women...", Japanese are not a race, as far as that term mean anything, even if a lot of them think they are. :P

there's plenty of Hot women all over the world, but he prefer the japanese, it's his right... isn't it? :unsure:
I agree it's difficult to guess right if one is Korean or Japanese or Chinese sometimes but the manners and the japanese attitude are definitely different from the Korean. Maybe it's part of the attraction for some people?

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 15th, '06, 11:43

It's racist to say that all women (including Asian women) are a joke compared to Japanese women because there are tons of Asian women who behave and look exactly the same as the majority of Japanese women. (Korean women do have a different temper, I agree - Taiwanese women seem to be much closer in attitude.)

If he had said Asian women were the hottest I wouldn't even have said anything. Obviously, there are no other women in the world who look exactly the same as Asian women, so if it is his preference, there is nothing I could've said. However, to belittle all non-Japanese women, even those who look and act the same, can only be attributed to blood and a weird fetishization of everything Japanese.

And, Koreans and Japanese do tend to think of their ethnic groups as races, which is why I handle them this way.

Edit: what I have a problem with the most is the "are a joke" part. To say that one liked Japanese women the most out of the pool of Asian women is okay as it is. I tend to think even that is irrational if that someone is basing it on looks or attitude, but understandable I guess if based on cultural or linguistic reasons. I myself prefer Korean men to other Asian men for no other reason than that I speak Korean the best out of all Asian languages and am most familiar with their culture. However, I would never in my life dream of belittling all non-Korean men and would never prefer an ugly Korean man to a gorgeous non-Korean man. In short, I am realistic about my preference and don't use it as an excuse to target anything that doesn't fit my ideal. I don't see how calling all non-Japanese, including those Asian women who look and behave the same, a joke can be anything other than a bad case of Japanophileness.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 15th, '06, 12:01

Néa Vanille wrote:And, Koreans and Japanese do tend to think of their ethnic groups as races, which is why I handle them this way.
Yes but they're obviously wrong. ( Especially since we are almost sure that japanese population came-in fact-from Korea, that's another matter) Let's not pay any attention or credit to their stupidity. :)

I'm sure, this japanese obsession is a kind of phantasm due to watching and hearing a lot of japanese cultural productions. No big deal. I know some Chinese who look chinese and are definitely hot, and I saw many ugly ladies in japan.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 15th, '06, 12:05

Fine. From now on, Romance isn't racist but ethnicgroupist.

Sorry, but I have an allergy to this kind of stupidity. Young boys need to learn to watch their mouths when belittling all women in the world except for 65 million in public. Romance definitely has a lot of growing up (and travelling) to do.

rubenaku

Post by rubenaku » Oct 15th, '06, 12:22

I think i've been misunderstood. What I wanted to say is IMHO the asian woman fits in my personal canons of beauty. For example, it seems more beautiful an asian woman (japanese, korean, chinese, taiwanese, whatever...) that an black woman or a southamerican girl, and I'm not a racist because of that, absolutely not. It's just they seem more attractive to me. I agree when you say that are a lot of beautiful girls around the world, for example in Spain (my country) or the rest of Europe, or anywhere. But everyone has certain preferences.

Most of that old pictures are probably the worst pictures they've had. Besides the surgery in that new pictures are a lot of photoshop, makeup, and a good photographer. But for me they had a good doctors. I usually see a lot of woman they've done a very bad plastic surgery and looks a little creepy. Even fake boobs are pretty well done xD.

PS: Yes, "Je parle un peu de français" xD (I had studied a couple of years of french in high school and I can understand it pretty well), and I think that the webmaster of that site is a frustrated guy too. He has a rare sense of humour...

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 15th, '06, 12:29

rubenaku wrote:I think i've been misunderstood. What I wanted to say is IMHO the asian woman fits in my personal canons of beauty. For example, it seems more beautiful an asian woman (japanese, korean, chinese, taiwanese, whatever...) that an black woman or a southamerican girl, and I'm not a racist because of that, absolutely not. It's just they seem more attractive to me. I agree when you say that are a lot of beautiful girls around the world, for example in Spain (my country) or the rest of Europe, or anywhere. But everyone has certain preferences.
I have no problem at all with that. In my opinion, preferences are fair and sound AS LONG as you don't get nasty, mean or belittling towards women who don't fit your very special idea of beauty. But you don't do that, so more power to you.

I don't care if people prefer dating Asian women, blue women, cats or fire hydrants to other kinds of women as long as the justification for it is done semi-respectfully and rationally.

piccu

Post by piccu » Oct 15th, '06, 12:29

Néa Vanille wrote:
Romance wrote:japanese women are in my opinion the hottest on the whole planet, the rest is a joke compared.
There are plenty of non-Japanese Asian women who look Japanese. Some are even objectively speaking more attractive - young Korean women, for example, have a lower obesity rate than young Japanese women. Rainie Yang, who is Taiwanese, looks very Japanese for example - so she's inferior to any genuine Japanese woman because she has the "wrong" blood?

I don't even need to mention that's pervertedly racist, do I?
I totally agree with Néa Vanille

yieebo

Post by yieebo » Oct 15th, '06, 12:40

i just started watching dramas, and there are so many cute young women in most of what i have seen. but i see cute girls just walking down the street here in america, and they are of almost every race imaginable. every race has attractive people, but i really don't like excessive plastic surgery although it is probably much more prevalent in entertainment than i would like to think.
Last edited by yieebo on Oct 21st, '06, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 16th, '06, 06:12

Heh, yeah, I guess your right, if you look at a beautiful women from a certain race, not all are like that. But it's not bad to have opiinons, right? Like saying that a certain race has the most beautiful women and that sort of thing. Sure, all races have beautiful women but you might prefer one over the other or something like that. They're just opinions after all...

As far as plastic surgery goes (or any other race issue for that matter), I'm going to have to agree with all the stuff 20centuryboy has been saying..

chsaf

Post by chsaf » Oct 18th, '06, 06:40

ack! i din know so many had at least one cosmetic surgery done!! and i thought they were real beauties/cuties/whatever o.O"

shiraishi miho's eyes look great now. just goes to show that japanese surgeons are more of a perfectionist than the korean ones??

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 18th, '06, 08:40

berserk wrote: The proportions do seem off in a couple pictures. Not that it matters since most of the cosmetic changes seem to be in the eyelids or nose shape (plus I don't think it's possible for surgery to narrow a person's jawline).
I take back my last point. Apparently it is possible to grind away a person's jawline and make his/her face narrower. This procedure is reportedly most common among Asians.
http://www.enhancemedicalcenter.com/jaw ... rgery.html
In the link below, a Chinese actress said the doctors took off too much of her jawline, making her face too thin.
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiap ... index.html

I guess those before/after photos of a celebrity's face magically narrowing aren't flukes (ie. Nakama Yukie).
And I thought she was all-natural. Sad. =( :alcoholic:
[img]http://cbingoimage.naver.com/data/bingo ... sey2_6.jpg[/img]

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 18th, '06, 10:00

Interesting, It seems that the surgeons push their clients to have more and more surgery... :)

(second link)

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Oct 18th, '06, 10:17

I hope Kuriyama Chiaki never has her nose changed. It wouldn't be her anymore. And the nose fits perfectly as it is.

Plastic surgery does happen everywhere with pretty much everyone (take Hollywood for example, or Europe where teenagers are already on the surgery trip). Those small corrections don't even really count as full scale plastic surgery anyway. If we start talking about breast implants or upping lips with silicon, etc, well, that just sucks and is quite lame anyway.

Maeda Sisters didn't have one and I don't see either of them ever having such a correction, since there's nothing to correct there.

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Oct 24th, '06, 00:25

To achieve the double-eyelid look though, people don't have to necessarily to go the surgery route. Japan does have these plastic inserts that look like eyelash curlers that you wedge (not as painful as it looks) to create the double-eyelid look.

sbungier

Post by sbungier » Oct 24th, '06, 04:03

To achieve the double-eyelid look though, people don't have to necessarily to go the surgery route. Japan does have these plastic inserts that look like eyelash curlers that you wedge (not as painful as it looks) to create the double-eyelid look.
that just sounds retarded...its great that we live in a society that what you look on the outside is more important that anything else. And besides all these woman that have had this surgery look very freakish and abnormal (like that lead chick from Only You and Exhibiton of Fireworks)

wickedseahorse

Post by wickedseahorse » Oct 24th, '06, 04:28

has anyone seen any noticeable surgeries in chinese actors/actresses? i cant really tell.. or at least, i'm not as exposed to them as i am to korean and japanese fame's
=T

canon05

Post by canon05 » Oct 24th, '06, 05:24

I used to think some were natural beauty. The actress' nose from Sapuri is indeed weird.

Is it possible the eyelid would get doubled or wider as ones grow older?

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Oct 24th, '06, 13:25

Not only celebrities! Here´s a source with quote : The most popular plastic surgery procedure for Japanese and Asians is the so-called "double-eyelid"surgery to make slanted eyes rounder. :blink :blink
Visit this page if you haven´t before : fashion.3yen.com!
Here are some pics:
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (5.77 KiB) Viewed 52679 times

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 25th, '06, 12:28

Browsing through the current edition of the Guinnes World Records Book today, I found out that the country which has the highest number of very young plastic surgery patients is actually.... Spain. Now that surprised me - I spent quite a bit of time in Spain, and while I thought that Spanish women were on the whole very beautiful (having very good, womanly shapes) I didn't think many of them looked plastic.

I would have expected the pressure to undergo surgery at a young age would be the greatest in countries such as Venezuela.

Venezuela is said to have the most beautiful women in the world, because it's one of the leading countries to produce Miss Universe and Miss World beauty pageant winners. This is largely due to young women being encouraged to join 'beauty academies' (for I don't know the correct term in English) at a young age where they are taught to diet, apply make-up efficiently and hold Miss Universe-worthy, sappy love & peace speeches. Needless to say, the women in Venezuela, especially the young ones, are indeed stunning and very feminine. They even have better bodies (curvier, better proportions) than the also very stunning young Korean women, though I have observed Korean women to usually have nicer skin and hair. I don't suppose the pressure to look good would be any lower in Venezuela or other parts of South America (Argentina comes to mind, where there are more blondes than in Sweden - bottle blondes, of course) than it is in Japan or Korea.

But, Spain? Total surprise.

nuclear

Post by nuclear » Oct 25th, '06, 22:24

question does anybody knows if yoon eun hye did chirugie too ? because she hase big eyes to so i wonder?

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 26th, '06, 17:34

Yoon Eun Hye? I'd be quite surprised if she didn't have some surgery done on her eyes. I've seen anime characters with smaller eyes than her. :lol

aa

Post by aa » Nov 4th, '06, 09:27

sure it happens in j-entertainment. though they're less inclined to admit it than k-celebs.
but in the end gotta note: it's the entertainment business, and looks are one of the commodities.

yieebo

Post by yieebo » Nov 4th, '06, 10:16

wow jaw line surgery? what the huh lol, that's pretty desperately crazy to me. next thing you know people will have skull reduction surgery to make their heads smaller, "my heads too large doctor... make it pretty, make it smaller". Doctor:"you do realize we'll have to remove a portion of your brain to reduce skull size don't you?" Crazy patient:"isn't it obvious that i don't use much of my brain? cut away"

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Nov 4th, '06, 13:48

thanks for the links....this post was very entertaining. i really had no idea that the majority of stars from all these dramas ive been watching had plastic surgery done. its very shocking. i was laughing at some of the before & afters (mostly from shock). ive always thought ryo and takki were born hot. Some were already ok to begin with though.

In the jdrama s.o.s. & majo no jouken, takki was already very handsome (he looked to be in his teens) ....he had the same face in those dramas that he has now......deos that mean he had plastic surgery at a very young age?...before his teens? because that seems odd to me....i thought you had to wait til your face was fully developed (after 17 at least) before you should get anything done....i wonder if that before pic is even real.....

anyways,....... interesting topic....it makes me want to get plastic surgery

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Nov 4th, '06, 13:53

yes i must agree with you....but also it was quite shocking for me that most of my so called favorite stars are "plastic" :glare:

Even cute Aya Matsuura :pale: and Kimutako ffs

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Nov 4th, '06, 17:18

yieebo wrote:wow jaw line surgery? what the huh lol, that's pretty desperately crazy to me.
It's not that rare - one of my friends had it done about 6 years ago. She felt better about herself afterwards and I have to say - she looks better too. Her chin and jawline used to look really short compared to how her nose is positioned so she had the jawline and chin reconstructed.

ringo0_0

There are lots of fake photos here...

Post by ringo0_0 » Nov 5th, '06, 16:22

I haven't read all the posts here so this post might be inappropriate but let me please post this anyway...

No offence to Korean people but don't believe these "before and after" pictures from Korean sites. Many of them are photoshoped or maliciously selected bad shots. Of course there are J-celebs who had plastic surgery like any other country's celebs do, but not as many as Korean celebs do. We don't expect our celebs to be parfect. In Japan, we tend to think personality/individual character is more important than the looks. And we generally prefer girl/boy next door type of beauty more than perfect beauty. I think heavy makeup like the link below makes you think many of the J-celebs who are posted here look different and have had plastic surgery but many of times it's just heavy make up...

the left photo is before putting on make up and the right side one is after putting on makeup!
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... &nid=12717

While I was searching for proof pictures in a Japan/Korea auto translating forum, I found most of the photos I saw here were from the threads posted by this crazy Korean girl named "jijimansey". She's been posting tons of threads with fake photos of J-celebs for years... I mean FOUR YEARS! Isn't it crazy? *o* All Japanese there know she's crazy.

To be fair, I'd like to mention there are rational Korean people too.
This Korean person posted a list of psychiatric services for her. lol
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... nid=208840
And this person is accusing her in this post too.
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... nid=208853

I'll show you some examples what jijimansey's been doing...
1)She photoshoped MASAMI NAGASAWA's childhood photo but exposed as a fake by japanese. the left side of the photos are fake ones by her and the right side ones are real Masami.
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... nid=206476

2)She says the girl below in blue is MISAKI ITO(the girl above). No need to argue, anyone can tells they are different persons!
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... jijimansey

And here is misaki's photo from her childhood
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... &sw=misaki

http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... E%E5%92%B2

3)she insists the top of the four photos are "before and after" photos of CHIAKI KURIYAMA. And the rest of the photos are from japanese. Who needs to have plastic surgery when she's that beautiful in her childhood?
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... jijimansey

4)Bad selection of JIN AKANISHI and KAZUYA KAMENASHI's photos by her. I think some of them are photoshoped.
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... nid=210989

Normally selected JIN and KAME's photos along with MATSUJUN/KINKI KIDS/HIROKI UCHI/RYO NISHIKIDO/TAKUYA KIMURA's by japanese.
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... nid=210985

*And Kame brothers Yuichiro/Koji/KAME/Yuya photos!!! They all look alike. :)
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... nid=208028

*Do you think cute boy like RYO needs any plastic surgery?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aap2Y3PyukY

*Various DECENT PHOTOS of J-celebs!!!
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... &nid=12780

*Ayumi Hamasaki
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... &nid=12667

http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... 6%E3%81%BF

http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... 6%E3%81%BF

*Mika Nakashima
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... le&sw=mika

*Koushi Inaba
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... 9%E5%BF%97

*Yukie Nakama
http://hitorigoto2006.sakura.ne.jp/2006 ... a9-221.JPG

*14 year-old Kyoko Fukada
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php? ... D%E5%AD%90
Attachments
14year-old yukie
14year-old yukie
nakama_yukie_14yo.gif (104.23 KiB) Viewed 160572 times
Kyoko Hasagawa
Kyoko Hasagawa
hasekyo5.jpg (31.18 KiB) Viewed 160572 times
a little chubby but still beautiful Nanako Matsushima
a little chubby but still beautiful Nanako Matsushima
nanako_matsushima2.jpg (110.95 KiB) Viewed 160572 times
looks almost same to me except the weight
looks almost same to me except the weight
nanako_matsushima.jpg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 160571 times
5year-old Ryoko Yonekura
5year-old Ryoko Yonekura
ryoko_yonekura1.jpg (38.76 KiB) Viewed 160571 times
17year-old Ryoko Yonekura
17year-old Ryoko Yonekura
ryoko_yonekura2.jpg (18.74 KiB) Viewed 160571 times
Maki Goto's brother who's just like her.
Maki Goto's brother who's just like her.
gomaki_bro2.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 160572 times
the her photo printed on the paper fan is ugly but real Misaki is beautiful.
the her photo printed on the paper fan is ugly but real Misaki is beautiful.
misaki2.jpg (32.62 KiB) Viewed 160572 times
Look at his eyelid, nothing has changed.
Look at his eyelid, nothing has changed.
uchi3.jpg (32.17 KiB) Viewed 160571 times
13year-old Uchi
13year-old Uchi
uchi1.jpg (28.74 KiB) Viewed 160572 times

ringo0_0

Post by ringo0_0 » Nov 5th, '06, 16:53

newersumm wrote:yes i must agree with you....but also it was quite shocking for me that most of my so called favorite stars are "plastic" :glare:

Even cute Aya Matsuura :pale: and Kimutako ffs
I really don't think they are plastic...
Check out my post carefully. If you still think they are plastic, then everyone in the world can be plastic. You'd probably think I'm plastic too if I show you my old photos coz I've changed a lot. though I haven't had any plastic surgery ;)

ringo0_0

Post by ringo0_0 » Nov 18th, '06, 10:41

berserk wrote:
piccu wrote:
????
yep, her nose is fake
Nose job alright. From a wide, bulbous nose to a thin, streamlined nose.
[img]http://cbingoimage.naver.com/data/bingo ... ey_140.jpg[/img]
I think you must be a Korean, right? I just noticed as I save the pictures you posted here that all of them were named "jijimansey" (The crazy Korean girl I mentiond in a previous post). I guess Korean people love to dissing Japanese... Not all of them but many of them, you know... ;0

Anyway... Check this out!
Attachments
ito_misaki.JPG
ito_misaki.JPG (166.01 KiB) Viewed 160232 times
Last edited by ringo0_0 on Nov 18th, '06, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.

ringo0_0

Post by ringo0_0 » Nov 18th, '06, 11:02

piccu wrote:It seems that it's not so uncommon for men to have plastic surgeries in Asia :lol

Some Johnny's
This picture is also named as "jijimansey"...
Please check this out.
Attachments
ryo.JPG
ryo.JPG (228.01 KiB) Viewed 160224 times

Natsu-chan

Post by Natsu-chan » Nov 18th, '06, 11:23

Thanks ringo! I was dying to see the proof that Ryo didn't have plastic surgery ^___^
Ryo daisuki <3

sunako_chan

Post by sunako_chan » Nov 18th, '06, 11:42

yieebo wrote:wow jaw line surgery? what the huh lol, that's pretty desperately crazy to me. next thing you know people will have skull reduction surgery to make their heads smaller, "my heads too large doctor... make it pretty, make it smaller". Doctor:"you do realize we'll have to remove a portion of your brain to reduce skull size don't you?" Crazy patient:"isn't it obvious that i don't use much of my brain? cut away"

Hahaha..really funny by the way. But as how I see it, this kind of thread has become so common around, existing in numerous forums, ALL WITH THE SAME PICTURES and SAME LINKS and SAME STARS. I'd love to see new ones.

ringo0_0

Post by ringo0_0 » Nov 18th, '06, 11:50

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm Spanish and I'm not used to speak in that language.
Check them out!
Attachments
hasekyon.JPG
hasekyon.JPG (83.52 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
koshi_inaba.JPG
koshi_inaba.JPG (31.66 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
aya_ueto.JPG
aya_ueto.JPG (30.73 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
hikaru_utada.JPG
hikaru_utada.JPG (49.22 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
kumi_koda.JPG
kumi_koda.JPG (66.81 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
kaori_mochida.JPG
kaori_mochida.JPG (40.01 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
ami_suzuki.JPG
ami_suzuki.JPG (93.16 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
mai_kuraki.JPG
mai_kuraki.JPG (37.94 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
maki_goto.JPG
maki_goto.JPG (60.42 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
takako_matsu.JPG
takako_matsu.JPG (33.47 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
yukie_nakama.JPG
yukie_nakama.JPG (52.7 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
aya_matsuura.JPG
aya_matsuura.JPG (204.08 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
kyoko_fukada.JPG
kyoko_fukada.JPG (48.85 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
nino.JPG
nino.JPG (41.84 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
takuya_kimura.JPG
takuya_kimura.JPG (65.65 KiB) Viewed 160196 times
takki.JPG
takki.JPG (73.93 KiB) Viewed 160196 times

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Nov 18th, '06, 12:57

Some people have a lot of time... :lol

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Nov 18th, '06, 13:09

thanks for posting that ringo0_0 :D . The first set of pics i saw were obviously fake. Most of those famous people were already beautiful to begin with. ueto aya looks so pretty & cute in her baby pics (she still has the same face today). Takki who is my all time favorite has obviously been hot all his life. and Ryo with that face.....no reason to get plastic surgery.

I truly believe that some people just have that special something....either from their personality/character, how they look or act, maybe they seem funny/fun to be around, or r just really genuine and friendly....

The air around some people is just stronger & it makes them seem special. Thats my honest opinion.....

ringo0_0

Post by ringo0_0 » Nov 18th, '06, 13:26

Natsu-chan wrote:Thanks ringo! I was dying to see the proof that Ryo didn't have plastic surgery ^___^
Ryo daisuki <3
I think cute Ryo doesn't need to have any plastic surgery. :wub:
cookiesncream wrote:I truly believe that some people just have that special something....either from their personality/character, how they look or act, maybe they seem funny/fun to be around, or r just really genuine and friendly....

The air around some people is just stronger & it makes them seem special. Thats my honest opinion.....
I totally agree with you.
Nea Vanille wrote:Some people have a lot of time...
I think you should say that to the people who created the fake photos, not me. so I didn't have to spend my time for creating this stupid thing! lol :whistling:

ringo0_0

Post by ringo0_0 » Nov 19th, '06, 10:18

piccu wrote:It seems that it's not so uncommon for men to have plastic surgeries in Asia :lol

Some Johnny's
I'm sorry to be persistent but I forgot to post this...
Attachments
uchi.JPG
uchi.JPG (234.64 KiB) Viewed 160085 times

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Nov 19th, '06, 11:38

ringo0_0 wrote:I think you should say that to the people who created the fake photos, not me. so I didn't have to spend my time for creating this stupid thing! lol :whistling:
I did mean them, not you. I just find it amazing how anyone can have such an empty life to actually go around searching for the photos of celebrities to prove to the world that they are fake (or not). Some people really need jobs. :lol