Jumong (MBC, 2006) historical drama

Discuss Korean drama series here.
wujou_mao

Jumong (MBC, 2006) historical drama

Post by wujou_mao » May 16th, '06, 11:12

hi guys, i love korean drama and just finished watching emperor of the sea. currently im traveling across asia and been in S.korea for 3 weeks. just happened to switch the telly on this evening at 10pm and there was a rather bloody histrorical drama on. i cant really tell you what channel it was on because the same drama was on 3 differant channels. its just on one of MBC channels.

if anyone happened to know of it, or would like a re-cap, i'll just tell bits and bobs what happeded {i cant understand korean, so i cant tell you the peoples names] its set in China, and the japanese and korean's are there too. the king is sitting outside waiting for a bloody fight between his army guys in super strong invinceable armour and some peasents from the village. the peasents pick up the weapons and full full charge at the guys on horseback where they die quite quickly. the princess of daddy i think gets a bit upset to see ordinary folks die she asks them to stop. the kings gets angry and chucks her in jail

few scenes later this guy who resembles an old jang bogo with stragly hair attacks the army on the beach and the warriors on horseback with thick armour. while he is fighting he gets stabbed in the git by the army guys and falls in the river, where he is rescued by the priness. cant remember what happened after that, but i know he gets better

so does anyone happend to know what series i'm on about. i tried to look at some sort of name of the program at the end, but all it gave was a website which was www.1mbc.com. that was no use as it jumps to another page.

hope someone could shed some light on this drama. sorry if its been mentioned before in another thread. by all means merge the topics together if necessary.

Edit. if it help, too actors i reconise are in here. one played madam choi in Dae Jungguem and the other one was from Emperor of the sea. he was the bloke with the bald head, but here he has a full head of hair. i may be wrong tho, but he has the same facial expression

and while we are on the subject of historical dramas, has anyone heard of:-

Seo dong yo 서동곡
sindon 신돈
연개소문. i dont know the english name. you can see for yourself the clip on the main SBS main page.
http://tv.sbs.co.kr/ygsomun/ i cant read or understand korean so it might not be showing yet.

`ZiP

Post by `ZiP » May 16th, '06, 12:51

Would it be "Joo Mong" (주몽). ? :roll

First episode released on MBC yesterday (May 15)

(I think the webpage you see it's not www.1mbc.com but www.imbc.com)

official website of JooMong >> http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/jumong/index.html
Attachments
5n.jpg
5n.jpg (60.49 KiB) Viewed 10313 times

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » May 16th, '06, 14:47

Yay, thats it. i was watching the telly for 2 hours before that, and each time i missed the trailers for the series. and my korean is next to useless so i was only able to write down the first character on paper before the trailer ended so i waited tell 10pm but was channel hopping and was on the wrong channel for 5 mins lol.

well thankfully i took a snap at the end hoping to give me a clue. it really does say www.1mbc.com. i'll post it up once my card is full

so thats was the 1st episode eh. well i'd be waiting years for that to be released on DVD then, thats if it will ever have english subs as other historical dramas like Seo dong yo 서동곡, sindon 신돈, 연개소문, the generation of the armed 무인시대 and the great general, lee Soonshin 불멸의이순신 havent. havent seen them on dvd at all either.

Minx

Post by Minx » May 17th, '06, 03:54

Is there a topic thread for this series yet? It looks nice :)

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » May 17th, '06, 12:44

Minx wrote:Is there a topic thread for this series yet? It looks nice :)
yes, you have just replied to it :roll

my mistake
well thankfully i took a snap at the end hoping to give me a clue. it really does say www.1mbc.com. i'll post it up once my card is full
i looked closer to the address and its an i and not a 1. but no matter, thanks for finding the info out 'zip

well iv found out where to 'rent' korean drama with no subs. its http://www.hicotech.com/drama/main.htm? ... did=040093. its just in santa carla, which doesnt help me cos im from england :roll

Minx

Post by Minx » May 18th, '06, 06:57

wujou_mao wrote:yes, you have just replied to it :roll

Thanks for being so kind :roll

I was thinking more of an official thread with the correct thread drama title, actors names, characters and the storyline of the series since there are those who do not understand Korean with the provided official site. But thanks anyway.

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » May 18th, '06, 11:50

Minx wrote:
wujou_mao wrote:yes, you have just replied to it :roll

Thanks for being so kind :roll

I was thinking more of an official thread with the correct thread drama title, actors names, characters and the storyline of the series since there are those who do not understand Korean with the provided official site. But thanks anyway.
sorry matie, just having a bubble. this was the first episode after all. in months to come this topic will be lost when someone starts a new topic about said drama with correct name. im ok thanks to ZIP for pointing it out. either have to find somewhere to download the RAWS (not that i can understand korean mind :whistling: )

did you also click on the link i gave in my 1st post? it has another drama which looks equaliy good. called 연개소문. just waiting till legit release - if...

maedayeve

how to register in MBC

Post by maedayeve » May 29th, '06, 12:42

hello! :)

i am new here. i want to register at imbc.com so I can watch the programs on air live. but i don't speak nor understand Korean. So i'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out the instructions?

i would really appreciate it. :)

and the reason i want to register? because i want to watch Jumong live!!!

:D

fr33kill3r

No! It's NOT set in China!!

Post by fr33kill3r » May 30th, '06, 07:17

That drama is not set in China. It's also a Korean Kingdom called Goguryo! It's the biggest Kingdom in Korea during the Three Kingdom Period.(BaekJae, Shilla and Goguryo)

supersp33d

NEW MBC DRAMA JUMONG!

Post by supersp33d » May 30th, '06, 10:22

Jumong is a new drama from MBC and it's a big drama in Korea right now. I've been watching it and it's damn interesting! I hope more people here will know about this drama......

JenBell

Post by JenBell » May 30th, '06, 10:27

wish someone starts subbing it...loved the trailer

Haesin

Post by Haesin » May 30th, '06, 20:14

Song Il Kook acts in it, so I've heard. I hope they broadcast it on Arirang TV too because that's the only Korean channel I can watch here in Turkey via sattelite.

I've been watching the drama , the Emperor of the Sea (at the 40th episode right now, eleven more episodes to go) for a really long time; and I looooooooooove historical dramas.

I wonder how Jumong is.

SkyyBlue

Post by SkyyBlue » May 31st, '06, 19:14

Yeah Jumong is good.

Somehow I think the KMovie Shadowless Swords is related. I think it's about the same time period and the countries, Haan and Balhee. I dunno might be just me 8)

Bam-Bam

Jumong [MBC 2006]

Post by Bam-Bam » Jun 1st, '06, 00:57

[img]http://www.twitchfilm.net/pics/jumongtns.jpg[/img]

Trailer:

http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b10/data/dci ... titled.wmv

We sort of predicted it last week, saying MBC's new Historical Drama 주몽 (Jumong) would be the new Drama most likely to hit 20% ratings, an increasingly difficult task for TV Dramas nowadays, with Cable and other platforms (VOD, Satellite, DMB) stealing viewers from the Main 4 stations. But I bet few expected to see such a growth in just two weeks. Yes, Master Choi Wan-Gyu's latest work not only went past the 20%, but it's setting the Korean press on fire.

Fire fits pretty well with this show, which started with a huge bang two weeks ago: production values in line with the latest Chungmuro Historical Dramas, Art Direction of a level you rarely see, Dramas OR film -- but then again, anyone familiar with MBC's Art Direction team and their work shouldn't be surprised -- fantastic acting from veterans like Jeon Gwang-Ryeol, Oh Yeon-Soo (more radiant than ever. Does she EVER age?) and of course Hur Joon-Ho, oozing charisma like few actors could do. But the most important thing of course is the writing, which so far is in line with Choi's best work. This show reminds of the Historical Dramas MBC and KBS were making during the Golden Age, with a super-tight storyline grabbing you by the collar from Minute One and never letting go.

There have been a few controversial issues in terms of historical distortion, such as the show's apparent lack of historical research in a period when data is very rare anyway, or suspicious costumes (closer to later Dynasties, but incredibly pretty), but if you've seen Sageuk before, you know the armchair historians always come out to **** after a few episodes. What counts is this show is on fire, and even the ratings are showing that: yesterday night's (Korean time) Episode, the 4th, hit an impressive 25.3%, beating 연애시대 (Alone in Love)'s last episode with 17.4% and the new KBS2 Drama 미스터 굿바이 (Mr. Goodbye) with 9.6%. We'll continue to follow 주몽 (Jumong) in the coming weeks, perhaps even with a few 'in between' Episode reviews if you want, because 50 Episodes is a long time, and this baby's too good to wait 7 months. Just hope, hell, pray this will make it to DVD. It makes 대장금 (Dae Jang Geum) look like a Kwak Jae-Yong film when it comes to intensity.

You can check Daily Ratings and TV Drama news in the new K-Drama Hub, updated every day.

[Star News]

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/006302.html

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/006132.html

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=j ... rch=Search

dart

Post by dart » Jun 1st, '06, 04:13

i hope some1 upload this series n subbed this looks good ... thanksto any1 who upload this n subbed this as well

`ZiP

Post by `ZiP » Jun 1st, '06, 12:08

I watched EP1-6 already but I think EP5-6 are little boring T_T
those ep have so many conversation :roll

by the way, the preview of next episode (7) seems interesting :P
maedayeve wrote:hello! :)

i am new here. i want to register at imbc.com so I can watch the programs on air live. but i don't speak nor understand Korean. So i'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out the instructions?

i would really appreciate it. :)

and the reason i want to register? because i want to watch Jumong live!!!

:D
Now, the foreigner living aboard can not register, only foreigner living in korean can subscribe. I think the IMBC suspended for a while. I have no idea when you can register it again, just wait :roll )

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jun 3rd, '06, 10:38

' Show's beginning to look like a bad rip off of Sea God. Some aweful battle scene made me wanna just cringe. May have to wait for the KBS version of this Historic Era coming in August.

' Don't know why they're showing this is Summer. Don't they have Summer hiatus like here in the States?

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Jun 6th, '06, 18:13

This drama is really good... The characters really came from history books supposedly...

I watched episode 7... Really gets crazy in this episode... I can't wait till tonight... :cheers:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jun 6th, '06, 23:54

Bam-Bam wrote:' Don't know why they're showing this is Summer. Don't they have Summer hiatus like here in the States?
No, they don't, which is a good thing.

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Jun 13th, '06, 21:12

wth I cant find ep 9

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jun 13th, '06, 21:24

marvelous wrote:This drama is really good... The characters really came from history books supposedly...

I watched episode 7... Really gets crazy in this episode... I can't wait till tonight... :cheers:
I heard the ratings are going higher and higher too!

ENGLISH SUBS WILL BE RELEASED TODAY!!
PLEASE SUPPORT US! :cheers:

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Jun 13th, '06, 21:26

Wow. I can't believe you guys are actually subbing this. That is wonderful. You have a lot of fans that are waiting for this, me included. Thank you so much.

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jun 13th, '06, 21:31

Yay! In behalf of our team we thank you!
We could have gotten the release sooner, but he wanted to give everyone high quality subs, so we decided to push the date a little further.
We are working to make the fans who don't understand korean to actually know what they are talking about! :lol

Thank you again, and please continue to support us! :thumright:

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Jun 15th, '06, 01:39

Looks like I'll be making subs for this drama... Where can I find episode 9 and 10... Perhaps it didn't come outt because of World Cup?

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Jun 19th, '06, 23:40

hopefully episode 9 will come out today

Rakkie

Post by Rakkie » Jun 20th, '06, 14:29

what other historical 'action' kdramas have been subbed?

damo
emperor of the sea
immortal lee soon shin (for tv only?)

did genghis khan get subbed?

anyway thank you to any subbers of these types of series, i love them!

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Jul 4th, '06, 00:46

You guys not watching this drama?

This drama is better than your teenage love dramas like "Full House"... This drama has the highest rating in Korea...

It gets better and better... :goggle:
Last edited by marvelous on Jul 4th, '06, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

chunu

Post by chunu » Jul 4th, '06, 00:59

Omgosh...this is where we hang out and talk about JuMong?
Man, why didn't anyone drag me in here sooner...haahhahah.
I LOVE THIS DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t: Can U guys believe
I haven't even watch it yet? Yes, been so busy with subbing...U just
don't have time. Maybe I'll watch when we're done. I'll come by
often to make some noise later. thanks for starting this thread!!! :wub:

[img]http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1066 ... der2jg.gif[/img]
D-Fansubs is the name, THE CRAZIEST NEW TEAM!
Join now and U will see, how crazy we can be.
Our team is here to stay, look out we're coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!.

color][/b]
Last edited by chunu on Jul 17th, '06, 01:25, edited 2 times in total.

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jul 4th, '06, 01:05

marvelous wrote:You guys not watching this drama?

This drama is better than your teenage love dramas like "Full House"... This drama has the highest rating in Korea...

Episode 12... Hae Mo Su dies... It gets better and better... :goggle:

wahhh!! he does?!?!?! haha im so behind...only up to ep 2, with a peek at ep.3 hahaha

Chunu! where have you been!? :lol

chunu

Post by chunu » Jul 4th, '06, 01:38

@marvelous:
aah...if I were U marvelous, I would go in hinding by now..hahahaha
U've just spoiled for the rest of us :lol

@xKiMix:
hehehe...I've been busy mopping the floor :P

U guys are in trouble now that I found out this thread..hahahaha.

D-Fansubs is the name, THE CRAZIEST NEW TEAM!
Join now and U will see, how crazy we can be.
Our team is here to stay, look out we're coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!.

Haesin

Post by Haesin » Jul 4th, '06, 07:03

Please, I beg thee! Don't you post spoilers without warning 'o_O)

chsaf

Post by chsaf » Jul 13th, '06, 14:19

ive never seen summer of god, but all in all i think this drama's pretty good...and i agree, it's better than those dramas-for tweens-teenagers-young adults.

hey people dont forget to watch jumong, and download the subs by D-Fansubs ok!

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Jul 14th, '06, 06:01

thanks for subbing this Chunu. even tho i wont be able to see this for a while, im getting a friend back home to get this for me. [see what traveling does for you]

sorry i said on the 1st page it was set in China. i was told this by the woman on Deju island when i was there last time. didnt speak english at all. she just said, China, China. i said korea, long ago. looking back on it, there was a man in the 1st episode who spoke chinese, so i guess that was the reason she said china.

anyhow, like the 1st ep and just want to say thanks for subbing. who knows if its better than Haeshin. time will tell i guess

EDIT. well blow me. JuMong is Song Il Kuk [Yum Moon from Haeshin]

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Jul 15th, '06, 16:46

I just got through watching episode 15 and there is this strange little girl with shifty eyes. I can't wait for the subtitles to reach episode 15 so I can find out who, or what she is. She has this strange hotness about her. It's really bugging me. First it was like "what a strange looking girl" and then it was like "woah, so hot" and then it was "wait, does she look strange or hot?" and I finally decided she's both :lol

Hmm this drama is way too good. The acting isn't as great as some of the other historical dramas but the story is top notch. We're only at episode 15 and it has already kicked Emperor of the Sea off of the #1 spot of my "Best kdramas ever". I would even go as far as saying this is gonna be one of my favourite dramas of any genre of any asian country, or so I hope. Just as long as it keeps going in the direction it is currently heading :wub:

PS: I can't wait for Song Il g**k and Han Hye Jin to hook up :wub:

gakinme

Post by gakinme » Jul 18th, '06, 22:09

Thanks to xKiMix to directing me here.

Yeah, we have finished watching episode 3.

SPOILERS

I can't believe they killed Han Mo Sul so soon in the series. We were just commenting on how stately this general is and for once, my husband doesn't have to sit through some flimsy looking young boys as we do in Jdrama.

But no, they have to kill him. :cry: But anyway, I love the way he put the ring on the girl. What a nice subdued way to express love to a girl. I suppose back then, people were really like that.

But before you know it, wham, the girl has his kid. When did they do it? and wham, time travel, she was giving birth. Hahahaha...Goodness, how did 9 months go by so fast? I suppose it was too boring not to have Han Mo Sul around after all and so they sped up to the meat of the story. What a pity.

Definitely looking forward to see how this Jumong is going to shape up. Yes, we enjoy period drama especially well filmed and well thought out ones! Thank you again, subbers. This could be as enjoyable as Yoshitsune....perhaps....I'm not sure. I'm still very immersed in Yoshitsune's aura and the plot intriques in that one. Hope this one has lots of twists and turns.

Lunar

Post by Lunar » Jul 25th, '06, 05:48

Is there any other way to download the raws instead of imbc?

Rinaldo

Post by Rinaldo » Jul 25th, '06, 21:14

can't wait next subed series :( JUMONG RULZ

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Aug 1st, '06, 05:16

this is being shown with subs on la18

jklisa

Post by jklisa » Aug 4th, '06, 04:22

Was this drama on Channel 18 on this last Monday and Tuesday from 9:50pm to 11pm?

I thought I set my VCR correctly but I ended up recording something else completely different.....hmmm :scratch:

Can someone confirm that it was on?

Thanks.

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Aug 4th, '06, 15:30

jklisa wrote:Was this drama on Channel 18 on this last Monday and Tuesday from 9:50pm to 11pm?

I thought I set my VCR correctly but I ended up recording something else completely different.....hmmm :scratch:

Can someone confirm that it was on?

Thanks.
you're correct.. monday and tuesday at 9:50

me22chris

Post by me22chris » Aug 15th, '06, 06:16

You can find latest JuMong at http://clubbox.co.kr/igougo

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Aug 20th, '06, 16:25

Hey guys, need a little help here in identifying the name of the actor below... he plays the effeminate guy who advises Soh Suh No's father:

(click on thumbnail for larger image)
[img]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5417/b ... yk5.th.jpg[/img]
i find his character really interesting and highly intelligent.. anyone knows more about him? :D

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Aug 20th, '06, 17:19

@ furelise....I find his character very interesting and intelligent too....also want to know more about him too....among all the male actors, I think he has the handsomest facial feature....or maybe it's just me, because I found his character so intriguing :lol....

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Aug 20th, '06, 18:41

furelise wrote:Hey guys, need a little help here in identifying the name of the actor below... he plays the effeminate guy who advises Soh Suh No's father:

(click on thumbnail for larger image)
[img]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5417/b ... yk5.th.jpg[/img]
i find his character really interesting and highly intelligent.. anyone knows more about him? :D
They were talking about him in the soompi Joo mong thread the other week.
You should go check it out. They explained a lot about him/her (yes I said him/her...go read soompi) :mrgreen:

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Aug 21st, '06, 04:51

mimmi: yeah his character definitely intrigued me too! i love how he plays out the role.. not too exaggerated but feminine in subtle ways.. like in the sweep of his eyelashes and his little smirks etc... he has really big eyes that are pretty expressive too.. i just love watchin him on screen :D

Horizon: Just popped over to the soompi thread and they were saying he's a hermaphrodite.. sounds appropriate as it was how he described himself... as both female and male... it was especially memorable the scene where he professed his admiration for that burly guy :mrgreen:

Anyway some pics below:
[img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4369 ... eadlx2.jpg[/img]

lolita637

Post by lolita637 » Oct 6th, '06, 03:17

Wow I had no idea that the actor who plays Hae Mo-Su is the same actor who played Mr. Oh Hyung-man from Hotelier! :lol :lol so ironic, I knew he looked so familiar. He's a really good actor

I was surprised to find out that Sa-Ryo(longhaired person from the Yeon-Tal-Bal clan) is both a guy & girl! That's definitely a twist as far as Kdrama characters.. I feel sorry for him though

albertjlee

Post by albertjlee » Oct 12th, '06, 10:48

wow... i normally don't like historical dramas, but this series is awesome. i thought it was fiction till my parents told me it was real. of course some parts were made up or over exagerated. currently i am on episode 36? 30 something.. and man... it just gets better and better.

i just wanted to tell the folks who thought it was getting boring to stick it out. it just gets freaking crazy.
Wow I had no idea that the actor who plays Hae Mo-Su is the same actor who played Mr. Oh Hyung-man from Hotelier! so ironic, I knew he looked so familiar. He's a really good actor
yea he is one of my favorite actors in korea. even though he looks really ugly, he has the charisma and acting/fighting skills to boot. he's also in "asphalt man" and "all in" and a crap load of movies.

while this is a historical drama, you have to put an emphsis on drama. it brings a whole new emotional level compared to most historical dramas, and it makes it interesting. it has everying: love, envy, sword fighting, hand to hand combat, strategy, back stabbing, compasion, loyalty and whatever else you can think of. it is kind of like FF4 story line, except not as fictional. hmm... maybe the brave heart of korea?

the girls are pretty and so are the guys. ju mong's mom is my favorite though :wub:

i can't stress this enough, check it out :D

lolita637

Post by lolita637 » Oct 13th, '06, 20:16

albertjlee wrote:wow... i normally don't like historical dramas, but this series is awesome. i thought it was fiction till my parents told me it was real. of course some parts were made up or over exagerated. currently i am on episode 36? 30 something.. and man... it just gets better and better.

i just wanted to tell the folks who thought it was getting boring to stick it out. it just gets freaking crazy.
Wow I had no idea that the actor who plays Hae Mo-Su is the same actor who played Mr. Oh Hyung-man from Hotelier! so ironic, I knew he looked so familiar. He's a really good actor
yea he is one of my favorite actors in korea. even though he looks really ugly, he has the charisma and acting/fighting skills to boot. he's also in "asphalt man" and "all in" and a crap load of movies.

while this is a historical drama, you have to put an emphsis on drama. it brings a whole new emotional level compared to most historical dramas, and it makes it interesting. it has everying: love, envy, sword fighting, hand to hand combat, strategy, back stabbing, compasion, loyalty and whatever else you can think of. it is kind of like FF4 story line, except not as fictional. hmm... maybe the brave heart of korea?

the girls are pretty and so are the guys. ju mong's mom is my favorite though :wub:

i can't stress this enough, check it out :D
Wow you're on 36? I'm on a measly 16.. I kinda sneaked and watched some parts on Youtube, and you're right, this show really does get better! I really can't wait to see the Crown Prince tournament..

albertjlee

Post by albertjlee » Oct 14th, '06, 00:59

its good to be korean. lol. i'm on episode 41 now, even though i can understand most of it, there is still a lot of things i don't understand, especially when it goes heavy on political mode.

if you do some searching you can find the raws, they aren't hard to find, esp on clubbox and emule.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 14th, '06, 22:33

@ furelise....thanks for sharing the picts., and yeah, I just love watching him too on the screen :lol....and the way he expressed his feeling to the guy; man that was smooth :-)....

just finished watching ep. 18th....would be more great if they put more details on that salt quest,....so now I can't wait for eps. 19th....man, this drama is really addicting :lol....

koreamtl

Post by koreamtl » Oct 16th, '06, 22:27

Hi, I am new here, and somehow I came upon this site, anyways I am Extreme fan of jumong(pronounced jew like jewish, mong like mongle). It took me awhile to find a fan site for korean drama. :s

Anyways, I figured if anyone ever had any question about any episodes I can give a recap. I can explain in english or french, I am personally korean. I also sent you a PM chunu to see if I can help you guys out on translating it^^.

Anyways off to episode 42 ^^

chunu

Post by chunu » Oct 16th, '06, 22:39

@koreamtl:
yu huuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ... I got your PM .. Thank you so much!
Please check you PM :wink: :wink:

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 19th, '06, 01:13

wow! just finish rewatching this series, that was a very touchy painful moment when Hae Mo-Su tried to see with his hand what Jumong looks like after he found out that Jumong is his son....quite got to me there....

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Oct 26th, '06, 01:21

i would always run from dramas that last more than 25 eps. but im really glad im catching this drama :lol

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Oct 26th, '06, 01:34

You know, I really like the poitics that goes on in this series. It's sooooooooo interesting. I'm never a fan of politics haha but after watching Jumong, makes me wonder about back then.

Seems like it's mostly centered around politics and some love blossoming with Jumong and So Seo-No. Hope we get to see more love soon.

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Oct 26th, '06, 05:43

khmai_kandi22 wrote:You know, I really like the poitics that goes on in this series. It's sooooooooo interesting. I'm never a fan of politics haha but after watching Jumong, makes me wonder about back then.

Seems like it's mostly centered around politics and some love blossoming with Jumong and So Seo-No. Hope we get to see more love soon.
yea, the history of it is quite interesting. but im also a huge fan of jumong and so seo-no's story too :D :wub:

hijin153

Jumong

Post by hijin153 » Nov 2nd, '06, 16:24

Hello, everyone! I'm currently watching Jumong in the eastern part of the United States and am currently awaiting episode 48 and 49.
There is actually a historical record for Jumong and his love story with Soseno. Here it is.
Ko Jumong, taking his surname from the name of his country Koguryo, actually helped Soseno in the war against Biiryu. Soseno, already married to the son of her father's head merchant, withdraws to her country Gyeru. Jumong, leaving Buyeo and the schemes of his brother Daeso, the king of Buyeo, married Yesshi, the princess of a small nation surrounding Buyeo, and left her to set up his own country starting in Jolbon. He eventually takes Soseno as a concubine after setting up his country after she becomes a widow. Yesshi eventually returns to Jumong's side as the mother of his legitimate heir, Yuri. Jumong, receiving Yuri with great enthusasiasm, makes Yuri the Crown Prince almost immediately after his arriving. Soseno's two sons, Biiryu and (I have no idea about the other son's name), leave, upset that Jumong did not consider them as potential heirs, to set up the country Paekche.
At least, this is what my mother and father told me about Ko Jumong.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Nov 2nd, '06, 16:31

Man so many different stories of Jumong and So Seo-No, I wonder which one is true? Hehe but maybe the series will be played differently than the actual history.

I can't wait for the end result of the series.
:lol

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Nov 4th, '06, 05:36

@ hijin153....wow! thanks for that info....so I'm right after all that So Seo No will marry the son of the head merchant....that guy is my 2nd fave character; really cool, you can tell that he loves So Seo No by his soft look when looking at her.....would like to see how that part unfolding if it even in this drama.....also would like to see how it unfold between The 2 princes and So Seo No....very interestning story :-)....

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Nov 14th, '06, 02:47

I am really very happy to know that Jumong stars one of my fave actors Song Il g**k. I fell for this guy since watching "Terms of Endearment." I hope I can get a copy with gud sub soon. I know, with the comments and reviews that I've been reading about this series, I won't be disappointed.

gakinme

Post by gakinme » Dec 3rd, '06, 06:45

Thank you for continuing to sub this series. The last couple weeks, my husband has been asking me if there was any new episodes yet because he likes it so much.

This may not be as posh as Yoshitsune but it is a very good series nevertheless. I love the long haired adviser Sa-Ryo. Jumong himself is also very good. But my absolute favorite is the Emperor himself. I love watching him grow resolute and kingly!!!

When Jumong is on, everyone drops everything and sit quietly to watch it at my home. That's how good it is. Thank you again. We're up to ep 19 now!

ChristinePak

???

Post by ChristinePak » Dec 6th, '06, 19:37

Someone told me Ju Mong was extended to 85 episodes... IS THIS TRUE? I hope so... I could go for more!

lolita637

Post by lolita637 » Dec 28th, '06, 00:15

^ 80 episodes is the official amount!

just heard, but anyone who has the AZN Channel, they're gonna start showing Jumong in Feb 2007!

news source
credit to erica1064 from Soompi Forums

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Dec 28th, '06, 00:37

Jumong is gonna be shown in our local chanel here in the Philippines, of course, in Tagalog dub, very soon. Just want to know if the final episode has already been shown in Korea? Just love the actor playing Jumong. He fits the role perfectly.

lolita637

Post by lolita637 » Dec 28th, '06, 00:43

Jesette wrote:Jumong is gonna be shown in our local chanel here in the Philippines, of course, in Tagalog dub, very soon. Just want to know if the final episode has already been shown in Korea? Just love the actor playing Jumong. He fits the role perfectly.
In korea theyre on episode 62. I agree, Song Il Guk, he's a really good actor and the perfect role. I knew nothing about him until I started watching this show. I can't wait til Febuary, I'm gonna get TiVo just to record them once they start airing :lol

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jan 4th, '07, 22:50

Jesette wrote:Jumong is gonna be shown in our local chanel here in the Philippines, of course, in Tagalog dub, very soon. Just want to know if the final episode has already been shown in Korea? Just love the actor playing Jumong. He fits the role perfectly.
yup you're right it will be shown here on GMA 7. i think they'll start broadcasting it this coming monday jan. 8,2007 no time slot announced yet. can't wait to see it. looks really nice. they're promoting it as the next jewel in the palace in the philippines. :D

sbungier

Post by sbungier » Jan 5th, '07, 00:17

just heard, but anyone who has the AZN Channel, they're gonna start showing Jumong in Feb 2007!
Really!!!!! OMG! That is awesome. Im on episode 24 and will continue with D-Addicts (no commercials) but I am sure that will also watch it again on regular TV.

coolestgirl

Post by coolestgirl » Jan 7th, '07, 10:02

lolita637 wrote:
In korea theyre on episode 62. I agree, Song Il Guk, he's a really good actor and the perfect role. I knew nothing about him until I started watching this show. I can't wait til Febuary, I'm gonna get TiVo just to record them once they start airing :lol
If you want to know more about him, then you should watch The Art of Seduction! Which played by him too! In this film he is so sexy and hot! :wub:

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jan 12th, '07, 18:13

its been a week now that jomong is shown here in the philippines. it's dubbed in the local language filipino. it is showned here on GMA 7 at around 10:00-10:30 PM on weekdays. it has high ratings according to the station. the dubbing is quite good. i don't watch it closely because of the timeslot. falls asleep quickly.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Jan 13th, '07, 22:25

Hello everyone, 8)

I just started watching the Hardsubbed version of this series and i am hooked. I was just wondering if any of you would help seed episodes 7and 8, because its been a week and everyone is stuck at 95%. Any seeder of the Hardsubbed versions would be greatly appreciated. aja aja fighting :salut: Thanks

HD69

Post by HD69 » Feb 21st, '07, 18:36

If you missed watching Chumong from the start. And you get the AZN cable channel. Episode 1 aired on AZN yesterday. I believe there is one new episode each day. But don'r quote me on that.

jocsa

Post by jocsa » Feb 24th, '07, 09:26

i liked this series very. This drama has got me into korean movies all over again. I just love how big the production really is. From the costume to design to its cinematography.

beertax

Post by beertax » Feb 24th, '07, 17:28

personally, I don't think the male lead has the necessary gravitas for his role. After all, Jumong was the founder of Kokuryo, a kingdom that spanned almost a thousand years before it fell to a combined force of China, Shinra and internal conflicts and betrayal. Its founder should be someone of greater depth than the young Song Il g**k. But that's just me.

fyi, for those who didn't know already, Jumong means, "one who shoots the bow well." He founds Kokuryo at age 21 and he dies at age 40.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Feb 25th, '07, 08:13

i did'nt know that info. thanks for the info beertax. anyways the drama is being aired in the philippines locally and is dubbed by GMA 7 one of the major broadcaster in our country. i hope they can have the license to sell the dubbed version of the DVD. :lol

Leyburn

Post by Leyburn » Mar 15th, '07, 19:04

WOW...ive always wanted to watch this drama, after I read all the comments in this thread...I AM WATChing it tonight! thanks for subs!