Japanese Girls

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
nezuzim

Japanese Girls

Post by nezuzim » Oct 5th, '06, 13:29

Just curious,

How are japanese girls like in general?

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 5th, '06, 13:47

to me, that's still a very confusing issue. According to drama and online discussion. it seems that the womens tend to be satisfying toward their boss and blah blah. Major goal is to please certain one within the hierarchy. anyhow on this talk show, a women from japan was saying how sometimes men and women got naked and danced to humor their boss...
but at other times, they seems to be really screwed up and mental even to the dominatrix level which is kind contradicting my first paragraph. but hey.... maybe it swing both ways depending on their mood :lol

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 5th, '06, 13:53

Japanese PEOPLE in general are more reserved and don't like strong expressions of emotions. In my wife's office, some of the guys always bother the japanese girls and ask them out repeatedly cause they don't say NO. (mind you, they don't say yes, they just avoid avoid avoid...) Try to translate english into Japanese sometimes too and you will see, we have many more ways to express strong emotions. They are more subtle. (Except for my wife who is the opposite....)

The thing is though, the younger generation is veering a lot away from this from what i've seen. Plus there's a ton of different personalities in any people - i always laugh when the topics here say I LIKE THIS CHINESE GIRL like the fact they are chinese conveys every single thing you could possibly need to know about them.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 5th, '06, 16:19

pwner4once wrote:to me, that's still a very confusing issue. According to drama and online discussion. it seems that the womens tend to be satisfying toward their boss and blah blah. Major goal is to please certain one within the hierarchy. anyhow on this talk show, a women from japan was saying how sometimes men and women got naked and danced to humor their boss...
but at other times, they seems to be really screwed up and mental even to the dominatrix level which is kind contradicting my first paragraph. but hey.... maybe it swing both ways depending on their mood :lol
:lol sorry for laughing, but your post just somehow cracked me up :lol :lol :lol....I don't have anything to say about the topic, except I agreed with what niko wrote, and good for niko's wife!! :cheers: :lol....but don't think women are crazy, because we're not....were all just being women :lol....

gougz

Re: Japanese Girls

Post by gougz » Oct 5th, '06, 23:20

nezuzim wrote:Just curious,

How are japanese girls like in general?
they have 3 legs :P

>>>[ ] XD

groink

Post by groink » Oct 6th, '06, 00:19

Totally gross opinions to follow:
Quoting one of my good friends, who happen to be a Hello! Project fanatic:

"Japanese girls are just as human as anyone else. They don't **** ice cream, fart perfume or smell like bubble gum."

One more thing... When it comes to your fetishes versus your real life, don't get the two mixed up. Even if you are just crazy over Japanese girls because of a certain feature or trait you've imagined, not all of them fit the model. Living in Hawaii, although I prefer Japanese females over other Asian ethnicities, I don't go out looking for them as date or marriage objects. Even when you give cunnulingus to a Japanese female, they smell, taste and sound just like any other female.
--- groink

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 6th, '06, 00:25

groink wrote:Totally gross opinions to follow:

"Japanese girls are just as human as anyone else. They don't **** ice cream, fart perfume or smell like bubble gum."

One more thing... When it comes to your fetishes versus your real life, don't get the two mixed up. Even if you are just crazy over Japanese girls because of a certain feature or trait you've imagined, not all of them fit the model. Living in Hawaii, although I prefer Japanese females over other Asian ethnicities, I don't go out looking for them as date or marriage objects. Even when you give cunnulingus to a Japanese female, they smell, taste and sound just like any other female.
--- groink
lolz

fearspooky

Post by fearspooky » Oct 6th, '06, 00:43

the younger generation of girls these days are more outgoing i think.

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Oct 6th, '06, 01:07

Yeah, I'm Going to have to Agree with Groink on this one. I'm from hawaii too girls are girls no matter what ethinicity they are.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 6th, '06, 22:21

groink wrote:Totally gross opinions to follow:

--- groink
rofl... :lol :lol

bah-tons

Post by bah-tons » Oct 6th, '06, 22:34

i heard girls in japan like guys that have like higher pitched voices, and that act like kinda girly..is that actually true?..

berserk

Post by berserk » Oct 6th, '06, 22:58

bah-tons wrote:i heard girls in japan like guys that have like higher pitched voices, and that act like kinda girly..is that actually true?..
Most definitely not true. I'm sure there are girls who dig that male androgynous look in every country.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 6th, '06, 23:07

man.... as for the dicussion, can we just stay on the typical common japanese girl? because if there are any argument. there will always be 1 out of 1 zillion that's like whatever blah.

but what are the majority like? lol maybe we should find a japanese girl and ask her xD

groink

Post by groink » Oct 7th, '06, 00:11

pwner4once wrote:man.... as for the dicussion, can we just stay on the typical common japanese girl? because if there are any argument. there will always be 1 out of 1 zillion that's like whatever blah.

but what are the majority like? lol maybe we should find a japanese girl and ask her xD
Quick list of "typical" Japanese girls:

- Japanese girls from Japan
- Japanese girls from the US
- Japanese girls from the UK
- Japanese girls from Australia
- Japanese girls from South Africa
- Japanese girls from France
- Japanese girls from Germany...

In other words, there IS NO such thing as a "typical" Japanese girl. Any female is defined by herself and her surroundings. That's why I mentioned earlier that Japanese females in Hawaii are just like any other Hawaii-raised female, regardless of ethnicity.

--- groink

bah-tons

Post by bah-tons » Oct 7th, '06, 03:51

thats true..

nezuzim

Post by nezuzim » Oct 7th, '06, 12:27

thank you very much for your replies...:D

haha yes I do agree and acknowledge that every one in this world, how both girls and guys is dependent on their unique environment and people around them which form their individual identity.

Can I also say that, in general they do have their a general character trait too? For eg, Japanese girls in Hawaii have their own style, chinese girls in Taiwan have their own style,

what would the japanese girls in japan have?

[/quote]

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 7th, '06, 13:15

nezuzim wrote:thank you very much for your replies...:D

haha yes I do agree and acknowledge that every one in this world, how both girls and guys is dependent on their unique environment and people around them which form their individual identity.

Can I also say that, in general they do have their a general character trait too? For eg, Japanese girls in Hawaii have their own style, chinese girls in Taiwan have their own style,

what would the japanese girls in japan have?
[/quote]

they'd have the need to deal with japanese guys, which would explain why they are so tolerant. :P

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Oct 7th, '06, 13:49

I am doing second year study abroad in Taipei, and many of the international students at my university are Japanese. Over half of those are girls. I don't think they're that much different from the girls back in the United States...except the Japanese-speaking part. Some of the people making the generalizations about Japanese girls...I wonder if they've actually met Japanese people before...

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 7th, '06, 21:39

Keymaker wrote:I am doing second year study abroad in Taipei, and many of the international students at my university are Japanese. Over half of those are girls. I don't think they're that much different from the girls back in the United States...except the Japanese-speaking part. Some of the people making the generalizations about Japanese girls...I wonder if they've actually met Japanese people before...
I always thought chinese people are prejudiced anyways. i lived in china, espcially in tianjin for 12 years.well i was born in chian. anyhow not all chinese ppl are smart and smart lol?! wow i don't really know where this comment is going...

ocha otoko

Post by ocha otoko » Oct 7th, '06, 22:28

pwner4once wrote:
Keymaker wrote:I am doing second year study abroad in Taipei, and many of the international students at my university are Japanese. Over half of those are girls. I don't think they're that much different from the girls back in the United States...except the Japanese-speaking part. Some of the people making the generalizations about Japanese girls...I wonder if they've actually met Japanese people before...
I always thought chinese people are prejudiced anyways. i lived in china, espcially in tianjin for 12 years.well i was born in chian. anyhow not all chinese ppl are smart and smart lol?! wow i don't really know where this comment is going...
lol...dude that's some big generalisation there... but im chinese, and i do agree the chinese people in china are relatively more traditional than those aboard i think... but you know prejudice survives anywhere without communication and understanding...

Le Piaf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Le Piaf » Oct 7th, '06, 22:38

groink wrote:- Japanese girls from France
Japanese girls from France usually know that they are cute and that every guy would fall for them... :lol
(Just kidding...)

Anyway, they usually are very nice, calm, cute and open-minded. And they're very cute when they're half-blooded...

-- Le Piaf

fearspooky

Post by fearspooky » Oct 7th, '06, 23:20

i have to agree with le piaf. a lot of half japanese girls esp the ones from japan are pretty damn cute. (i guess the way they dress and do makeup?) i wouldnt say all but a lot of half japanese girls from the states arent so pretty.... hahaha.

im half japanese myself.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 8th, '06, 05:47

fearspooky wrote:i have to agree with le piaf. a lot of half japanese girls esp the ones from japan are pretty damn cute. (i guess the way they dress and do makeup?) i wouldnt say all but a lot of half japanese girls from the states arent so pretty.... hahaha.

im half japanese myself.
lolz fearspooky....well, you're a half japanese guy that's why you won't be so pretty :lol....

JasonTransays

Post by JasonTransays » Oct 8th, '06, 07:51

What I have seen from a "japanese" girl is that she changed my life. I met her this summer and as I got to know her more she opened my eyes to things I never imagined. Even though she went back home to Japan, I still repeatedly think about her which I have no reason why I still do. Maybe you can call it love or an obsession, I don't know. All I have to say is meeting other people who are of different ethnicity can do maybe little or do wonders to you. I personally think it did wonders on me and I wish I could go back to that same person and thank her for it.

ocha otoko

Post by ocha otoko » Oct 12th, '06, 11:45

lol...powerful!

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 12th, '06, 12:00

It's relatively easy to tell the Japanese girls apart from the Korean girls in Korea (I have lived in Korea.) When you see some girls with dyed hair running around, giggling and joking openly and loudly in public, then, most of the time, when you get close enough to hear what they are saying that makes them giggle so much, it's in Japanese.

Korean girls, on the whole, don't make much noise on the street with their girlfriends - however, you will sometimes see them hitting their boyfriends in the subway station. :lol

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Oct 12th, '06, 13:33

what a weird question! GIRLS ARE GIRLS!!! There´s no definition for Japanese Girls!!! They are like all the others! Maybe a little more sassy, especially those from Tokyo!! But all girls on this plante are the same!

waqar

Post by waqar » Oct 12th, '06, 13:47

I believe all girls are beautiful in one way or another regardless of their race and color :-) .

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 12th, '06, 17:56

waqar wrote:I believe all girls are beautiful in one way or another regardless of their race and color :-) .
How cute. :wub:

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Oct 12th, '06, 18:05

How are Japanese girls? Well, go out into the world and find out yourself. Drama and online discussion are hardly sources of any worth.

myke

Post by myke » Oct 12th, '06, 19:15

Néa Vanille wrote:
waqar wrote:I believe all girls are beautiful in one way or another regardless of their race and color :-) .
How cute. :wub:
well...for me..i never has been see in real japanses girls..only in drama...hope fully one day i will see them LIVE n be friend with them

:wub: :mrgreen:

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 13th, '06, 01:38

Yeah, you should...I can't really say how they act as each person varies but when I went to Japan, most if not all were pretty cute and nice..You should visit one day.. :-) This is an interesting/odd topic...
Last edited by albertoavena on Oct 13th, '06, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.

myke

Post by myke » Oct 13th, '06, 04:09

albertoavena wrote:Yeah, you should...I can't really say how they as each person varies but when I went to Japan, most if not all were pretty cute and nice..You should visit one day.. :-) This is an interesting/odd topic...
really?? this make me feel like to visit japan one day. n i planning to visit japan when my financial is enough...
:D

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Oct 13th, '06, 04:52

Well, i have many Japanese friends and... they're just some normal girls (with maybe a little more complexes than us, I mean french people like me).

I am an asian girl too, but for some people in here, we're seen like goddesses! :lol I'm sorry, but I'm just human :P (just kidding).

Lyeja

Post by Lyeja » Oct 13th, '06, 05:40

hey.... you all, i want to download Korea drama but i don't know, how to download... if you all know to download..can you share with me... please... i like 'my girl' drama... :-(

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 13th, '06, 05:51

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526.htm

Please use the search function next time..

myke

Post by myke » Oct 13th, '06, 06:21

complex?? :scratch:

u mean they are really hard to understand.

wow...like goddess....it feel like i am in the heaven..if i think like that.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

skachild

Post by skachild » Oct 13th, '06, 06:27

never went to japan before... but japan girls are so kawaiii.... :wub: :wub:
myke -- if you go to japan... dont forget to to tell me lol.... we can go together mah...... hohoho.... :lol :lol :lol

waqar

Post by waqar » Oct 13th, '06, 09:41

skachild wrote:never went to japan before... but japan girls are so kawaiii.... :wub: :wub:
myke -- if you go to japan... dont forget to to tell me lol.... we can go together mah...... hohoho.... :lol :lol :lol
skachild your slang looks more Singaporean :lol .

Dyka

Post by Dyka » Oct 13th, '06, 09:51

Put simply, the Japanese girls from Japan fall into a few different categories (off the top of my head):

- Ganguro: heavy make-up, like a real-life Rikku but exaggerated; not sure how they act
- Conformist: Louis Vuitton bags, make-up, skirt, they all look the same and date Tidus from FFX
- Schoolgirl: yeah I think you can guess this one
- Mature: Basically not any of those

Most of the ones you'll have an easier time talking to are the schoolgirl types and mature types. They are also what I typically encounter at work, and they are fun. ^_^

Hooray for generalizations and stereotypes!

nezuzim

Post by nezuzim » Oct 13th, '06, 09:56

haha that's really interesting...

can someone explain what complexes actually mean?

layers over layers? if so, aren't they really in trouble and doesn't it really suck that way?

I mean you can't live life as what you are, but what society tells you to? I think that's kinda sad.

waqar

Post by waqar » Oct 13th, '06, 10:06

Dyka wrote:Put simply, the Japanese girls from Japan fall into a few different categories (off the top of my head):

- Ganguro: heavy make-up, like a real-life Rikku but exaggerated; not sure how they act
- Conformist: Louis Vuitton bags, make-up, skirt, they all look the same and date Tidus from FFX

Most of the ones you'll have an easier time talking to are the schoolgirl types and mature types. They are also what I typically encounter at work, and they are fun. ^_^

I am not agreed with Mature point, one of my friend in Married to a Japanese wife (she is from Japan) and she is well mannered mature lady. Seems you watch to many dramas and movies :).

lanems

Post by lanems » Oct 13th, '06, 10:16

Is this topic for real?! ****, this is... I don't even know where to begin...

myke

Post by myke » Oct 13th, '06, 10:45

skachild wrote:never went to japan before... but japan girls are so kawaiii.... :wub: :wub:
ok lol...if i have the chance, i will tell u ..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

waqar wrote:I am not agreed with Mature point, one of my friend in Married to a Japanese wife (she is from Japan) and she is well mannered mature lady. Seems you watch to many dramas and movies .

isn't the drama n movie show a little bit about the japanese girl in japan...(although it is only a drama or movie) :whistling:

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 13th, '06, 10:55

waqar wrote:
Dyka wrote:Put simply, the Japanese girls from Japan fall into a few different categories (off the top of my head):

I am not agreed with Mature point, one of my friend in Married to a Japanese wife (she is from Japan) and she is well mannered mature lady. Seems you watch to many dramas and movies :).
:whistling: im married but i guess if we are categorizing im married to a schoolgirl type???

skachild

Post by skachild » Oct 13th, '06, 11:11

waqar wrote:
skachild your slang looks more Singaporean :lol .
:lol :lol
maybe i watch to many Phua Chu Kang Show lol.... :P :lol

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Oct 13th, '06, 15:53

nezuzim wrote:haha that's really interesting...

can someone explain what complexes actually mean?

layers over layers? if so, aren't they really in trouble and doesn't it really suck that way?

I mean you can't live life as what you are, but what society tells you to? I think that's kinda sad.
hum... I made a mistake in my english translation... But I dunno how to put it in english...

Any french people here :mrgreen: ?

juki
France

Post by juki » Oct 13th, '06, 16:44

gibonite wrote: hum... I made a mistake in my english translation... But I dunno how to put it in english...

Do you mean "complexées" which is : lack of self confidence and not to be comfortable in your own skin, or "complexes" which is hard to understand and complicated. :unsure:

Dyka

Post by Dyka » Oct 13th, '06, 17:10

waqar wrote:I am not agreed with Mature point, one of my friend in Married to a Japanese wife (she is from Japan) and she is well mannered mature lady. Seems you watch to many dramas and movies :).
I don't see how you can disagree when I didn't say much about it. I was placing schoolgirls and mature girls into very broad personality types.

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Oct 13th, '06, 18:11

juki wrote:
gibonite wrote: hum... I made a mistake in my english translation... But I dunno how to put it in english...

Do you mean "complexées" which is : lack of self confidence and not to be comfortable in your own skin, or "complexes" which is hard to understand and complicated. :unsure:
yeah!! that's it... sorry everyone !

hepcat05

Post by hepcat05 » Oct 13th, '06, 20:34

I know three Japanese women. I’ll tell you about them because, clearly, anecdotal, hearsay evidence that I post on the internet about three random Japanese women will tell you everything you need to know about the other 65,000,000. I met all three of these women through my swing dance hobby, which is my biggest hobby, yes, even bigger than watching J-dramas. :-)

Woman #1: I met her at a dance sometime in the spring of 1999 and over the next year and a half we spent quite a bit of time together, although we never officially dated. She’s petite, no more than 5 feet tall, and I think she’s quite attractive. She moved to the U.S. in 1990 or 1991 and even back when I first met her, her English was very good.

One of the things that struck me most about her was her dedication to dancing. She started a year after me and I spent quite a bit of time teaching her. But she worked very, very hard at it on her own and today she is, in my opinion, one of the best swing dancers in the country.

Personality wise, she is quite outspoken and will happily give you her opinion on any topic if you ask for it and, sometimes, even if you don’t. She can be a little testy sometimes, and one of my female friends said that she thought the woman was “a brat.” I wouldn’t go that far, but I will say that these days I can only take her in small doses. At dances we’ll chat for a minute or two, do a couple dances and then go on our way. I remember in 2000 when we spent a lot of time together preparing for a dance competition, we did not get along very well at all. I think our relationship has been much better these past few years now that I don’t see her nearly as much.

I started taking Japanese classes this summer, and I did tell her about them, but honestly, I’ve never considered asking her for help learning Japanese because I don’t think she’d be willing to. She has her green card and has told me flat out that she has no intention of returning to Japan except for occasional visits with her family members who are still there. I’ve always had the impression that she enjoys life here in the States a lot more than she ever did in Japan.

Now, you’ve probably heard the stereotype that Asian woman in general and Japanese women in particular age well. From what I’ve seen, this stereotype is true. The friends that I started taking dancing lessons with back in 1998 (swing dancers call them the “Gap generation”), all look different today. We’ve all gained weight and we all just look a little older. Except for this Japanese woman. I’m serious. Other than the braces she was wearing when I first met her, she looks EXACTLY the same as she did 7 and a half years ago. She has not gained one ounce and does not look like she’s aged a single day. If this continues for a couple more years, I’m going to start thinking she’s really a vampire.

Woman #2: Technically, I guess she is not Japanese, because she was born in the States. However, her parents emigrated to the U.S. about a year before she was born. She was raised speaking Japanese and English and speaks both fluently.

I met her at a dance in early 2000, and we also spent a lot of time dancing together. She was a horrible dancer at first, but as with Woman 1, she worked very hard to get better and today she’s great even though she hardly ever comes out any more. This woman is really hot; in fact, I think she is one of the most attractive women I know of any race/ethnicity. More importantly, she’s one of those women who knows she’s hot, and she’s a HUGE flirt. We did go on a date once shortly after I met her, but I was even more clueless about female behavior then than I am now, and I completely missed the green light I was getting from her. Sadly, my window of opportunity closed shortly thereafter. I was relegated to the “friend zone,” and she started dating another guy. :cry:

Speaking of dating, this woman has admitted to me that she’s pretty fickle. And I’ve noticed that while she’ll date one guy for quite a while (a year or so) and then break up with him, she never seems to be without a boyfriend for very long. I’ll see her at a dance and she’ll tell me she broke up with her boyfriend, but when I see her a couple weeks later, she’s already landed another guy. Then again, it probably doesn’t take much effort with her looks.

This woman is also quite outspoken. She’s liberal and I’m conservative and we’ve gotten into many political arguments over the years. It’s mostly playful banter though, not the really nasty stuff that most political “debates” these days devolve into. She is really quite friendly and does not have the testy edge to her personality that I described in my first friend.

Oh yeah, same deal on the aging thing. This woman looks exactly the same as she did when I met her. I’m telling you folks, Japanese women don’t age.

Finally, this woman knows that I’ve started Japanese lessons and has expressed interest in helping me, but she’s been really busy with her job recently and we haven’t been able to meet up yet.

Woman #3: I’ve only known her for 3 months, and she’s quite different from the other two. I met her indirectly through one of my dance friends who happened to be in the beginner Japanese class with me. This woman wanted to learn some Japanese so she could talk with her co-workers, who are all native Japanese speakers. One night after class, I asked her if any of her co-workers might be willing to help us practice our Japanese and one of them agreed to meet with us.

This woman has only been in the U.S. for a total of 4 years. She was here for one year as an exchange student in college, and for the past three years she’s been working at a Japanese museum here in Washington, DC.

She’s very quiet and shy. Sometimes I have to ask her to speak up because I can’t hear her. Her is English is not great, but of course it is WAY better than my Japanese is and probably better than it ever will be, frankly. She is patient, amazingly patient, at helping me put together simple Japanese sentences and correcting my mistakes. I think she’d make a great teacher.

Unlike Woman 1 her feelings about America seem to be mixed. She seems to like it here overall, but little things bug her like the fact that Americans tend to speak very loudly in public places. She says that in Japan, a Starbucks or a similar café would not be nearly as noisy as it is here. She’s also amazed at how fat so many Americans are and at how much food we eat. (Somehow, I doubt Japanese women are the only people surprised about those things. :roll )

She seems a bit amused that I like J-dramas so much. She hadn’t heard of any of the dramas I told her that I’d watched, except one. When I mentioned Trick to her, she told me she has seen Trick 1 and that she knows who Yukie Nakama and Abe Hiroshi are. She’s also heard of Chihiro Onitsuka, who is by far my favorite Japanese singer. She didn’t recognize Misaki Itoh when I pointed her out in an ad in a Japanese magazine we were looking at. I guess guys would be much more likely to recognize her. :-)

I can’t really say anything about the aging issue with her, because it has only been three months since we met. She doesn’t look 35 though, that’s for sure.

Wow, I can’t believe I actually wrote all that! If you were just looking for some confirmation of this...
groink wrote:
One more thing... When it comes to your fetishes versus your real life, don't get the two mixed up. Even if you are just crazy over Japanese girls because of a certain feature or trait you've imagined, not all of them fit the model. Living in Hawaii, although I prefer Japanese females over other Asian ethnicities, I don't go out looking for them as date or marriage objects. Even when you give cunnulingus to a Japanese female, they smell, taste and sound just like any other female
--- groink
sorry, I’m afraid I can’t help you, but...
I’m guessing they are the same as Caucasian, Indian, Chinese and Filipino chicks. :mrgreen:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 14th, '06, 17:06

wow just wow
what a history of criminal acts lol j/k
but after reading all ur personal experience, i actually want to date one lol.

halalsushi

Post by halalsushi » Oct 14th, '06, 17:39

Well, actually that depends. Japanese women do age, but in a different way. Dark spots appear all over the body before wrinkles. So for Japanese people, you'll see their hair turn white, their eyes sink, and their skin remain smooth but change color with many spots. In other ethnicities, their skin wrinkles instead of all those spots. It all reallly depends on genetics. Everybody in my family looks way younger than their actual age.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 14th, '06, 19:22

I actually have to question the "Asian people age better" thing.

Having lived in Korea, I tend to think that the middle-aged people in my country (Germany) were actually better-looking than the middle-aged people in Korea, whose eyes were more sunken and whose bodies were tiny and a little bent-over.

I have heard, though, that this is because the Korean race was a lot uglier just a few decades ago and the people who are middle-aged now grew up on a bad diet and incredibly hard work. It makes sense to me, because the gap in beauty between a 20-year old Korean woman and a 50-year old one is FAR more extreme than in my home country, in my humble opinion. It's also sad to say I don't think I saw a single truly good-looking Korean man in his 50s while I was there.

It's also noteworthy that there are many American celebrities who are still good-looking in their 40s or 50s (Liz Hurley, Sharon Stone, Madonna, the entire cast of Desperate Housewives (40+ in age except for Eva Longoria), George Clooney, Bruce Willis.. ) but all Asian actrors and actresses playing mothers and fathers in dramas are incredibly, incredibly plain compared to their stunning sons and daughters in every drama I've so far seen. I can't even think of a truly attractive Asian actress or actor past their 50s off the top of my head and that's even though I've been watching almost exclusively Asian dramas and movies for about 2 years now. I'm sure they exist, but they seem to be much harder to find than their Western equivalents.

I have not been in Japan long enough to feel in any position to judge their beauty. Because the standard of living has always been good in Japan, there's a chance that middle-aged Japanese people would be more attractive than Koreans of their age group.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 15th, '06, 00:06

@ Nea Vanille....good observations and comments, and about the Korean girls hitting their boyfriends in the subways; that's just funny :lol....I thinks if it happen in the US, the girl might be stood in front of a judge for miss demeanor :lol....

jess7ca

Post by jess7ca » Oct 15th, '06, 00:43

groink is on a rolll =) I really agree with what groink said. Personally, you shouldn't just judge a person by their race: just cause you prefer japanese girls because of whatever traits they have, doesn't mean all of them are like that. If, for example, one jap girl has really good hair, doesn't mean the rest of them do. All other races could have that same trait, but you would just be too blinded by the fact that you lonly like jap girls, that you don't notice that. =\ Just my two cents.

Gir

Post by Gir » Oct 15th, '06, 01:45

I've been to Japan a few times, and I like it, so people always go on about since I like Japan I must like quiet and submissive women. (Which actually I don't) I assume there must be some, as there are every where, but I've not actually met one.

Which leads into the last time I was over there. I went with a local community college on a cultural exchange trip, where we met some of their students that were spending a year in Japan in a work/study program. This one male student was complaining about Japanese girls, I do believe he expected them to be that way. He was going on because in public they were "yes dear, whatever you say." but when alone they had a mind of their own and were too "controlling" for him.

eye

Post by eye » Oct 15th, '06, 11:21

waqar

Post by waqar » Oct 16th, '06, 00:43

mimmi wrote:@ Nea Vanille....good observations and comments, and about the Korean girls hitting their boyfriends in the subways; that's just funny :lol....I thinks if it happen in the US, the girl might be stood in front of a judge for miss demeanor :lol....
This also happen in Singapore here :), i am also hit by my GF who is my wife now :). But it is hit of love not beating one :wub: .

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 16th, '06, 00:58

waqar wrote:
mimmi wrote:@ Nea Vanille....good observations and comments, and about the Korean girls hitting their boyfriends in the subways; that's just funny :lol....I thinks if it happen in the US, the girl might be stood in front of a judge for miss demeanor :lol....
This also happen in Singapore here :), i am also hit by my GF who is my wife now :). But it is hit of love not beating one :wub: .
conguradulation waqar and to your bride too on your new marriage (newly wed)....may you get lots of love hits by your wife to last you a life time :-)....best wishes to you both :-)....

nezuzim

Post by nezuzim » Oct 16th, '06, 07:11

mimmi wrote:
waqar wrote:
conguradulation waqar and to your bride too on your new marriage (newly wed)....may you get lots of love hits by your wife to last you a life time :-)....best wishes to you both :-)....
Best wishes to you too. Waqar what do you think of Singaporean girls?

waqar

Post by waqar » Oct 16th, '06, 13:30

nezuzim wrote:
mimmi wrote:
waqar wrote: This also happen in Singapore here :), i am also hit by my GF who is my wife now :). But it is hit of love not beating one :wub: .
Best wishes to you too. Waqar what do you think of Singaporean girls?
Singaporean girls, hmmm.
I have a few girl friends (like my colleagues and college fellows) and i find them pretty good. But talking about real girlfriend, they can be really demanding :) (but as long as you love them it is not much to ask for). Are you from Singapore or planning to visit Singapore :D .

TLC5566

hi

Post by TLC5566 » Jul 13th, '07, 02:08

they are fashionable and cute , hehe , love them to bits.