7%
Only if you have time (2)
4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 820

Hinata~

Post by Hinata~ » May 3rd, '06, 16:59

I also saw the ending a few days ago~ hontôni kanashii desu! I cried a lot: 1)because the ending is really touching 2)because that was the last episode!! :cry: :cry: :cry: Akira, I'll miss you so much!! :wub:

This drama is really a must-see! The storyline is good and the characters are really wonderful!
I've loved it all the way, and I'll probably re-watch the episodes several times^^ :mrgreen: !
Nobuta power! :cheers:

ja ne ;)!

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » May 3rd, '06, 17:04

lol... honti ni subarashi desu ne!!! ^^ iL miss yamapi!! ahahaha.. his role as akira was soooo cute!! ^^ and ye..i agree wit u..the ending was such a tearjerker!!!

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 3rd, '06, 17:31

and yeah..I forgot to mention the great OST...It was wonderful...really good music...

ringosan

Post by ringosan » May 9th, '06, 09:33

aak i miss watching nobuta wo produce :-) .. i watch it through youtube and stay up till 4am just to finish watching the whole episode :mrgreen: ..aak..i went to buy the whole episode and it was not easy (going in n out of the cd stores) n the moment i saw it i grab it n my friends said ive gone crazy :P ..hehehahah..its like my life complete the moment i found the cd :D ...akira kon kon..nobuta power jyu nyu..shuji bye bye bicycle!!.. n i made my friend fall for akira..hahahah we used to fight like who should get akira n who should get shuji..but both of us ended wanting akira >_<...kon! kon! (miss my friend..gambatte nana-chan on ur new job..)
Attachments
nwp11.JPG
nwp11.JPG (12.59 KiB) Viewed 4737 times

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » May 12th, '06, 15:59

I just finish to watch Nobuta wo produce ... I fall in love with yamapi ! he's so kawaii ! I watched dragon zakura before but I didn't think yamapi was so cute ! and after watching nwp, i realise ^__^ but i really didn't like the end =/
I would like that akira confess to nobuta his love =( *i like so much love story xD* and i think it's sad ... nobuta is left alone :cry:

aubrery

Post by aubrery » May 14th, '06, 05:06

I love iT! i finished it for a day! got addicted! hehe.. yamaP was sooo cute in here! hehe... "nobuta power...chunyu!" :salut:
Attachments
kiss.gif
kiss.gif (4.81 KiB) Viewed 4706 times

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 14th, '06, 05:09

havent watch this yet but this one is on my list for DLs... is it really good?

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 15th, '06, 09:23

buffyreg wrote:havent watch this yet but this one is on my list for DLs... is it really good?
yeah very good story & the acting is perfect :cheers: It is really a memorable drama :wub:

babakubo

Post by babakubo » May 15th, '06, 22:54

Nobuta wo Produce was great!! I love the directing, the cinematography, the heart, and the fact that it taught me a bit more about Japanese high school students (sure, a lot of it is exagerrated, but it still felt more real than say, Gokusen or Hana Yori Dango).

My only major problem is that some of it felt contrived, like Nobuta happening to find that magazine with the kid wearing her shirt, or finding that time capsule with the Buta keychain, or the spirits helping out in Episode 3. The one that bugged me the most though was that suicide body imprint . . without the body. Someone told me to take that more on a symbolic level, but it's just tough to accept for a pragmatist like myself. ^^

Otherwise, definitely must see, and I'm not even a Johnny's Jr fan! ^^;

jun`

Post by jun` » May 19th, '06, 02:18

hey so im watching episode 4 right now..and i've been noticing one of the high schoolers look a bit caucasian, meaning yamada james...does anybody know who the actor is??

i remmber a while back i was watching videos on youtube, and it was these 2 guys i believed they were a duo..well one of them was japanese/caucasian and i don't know why but i have a feeling that's the actor/singer? starring as james

Dralion

Post by Dralion » May 19th, '06, 02:28

jun` wrote:hey so im watching episode 4 right now..and i've been noticing one of the high schoolers look a bit caucasian, meaning yamada james...does anybody know who the actor is??

i remmber a while back i was watching videos on youtube, and it was these 2 guys i believed they were a duo..well one of them was japanese/caucasian and i don't know why but i have a feeling that's the actor/singer? starring as james
I noticed that too. And they'd treat him like a transfer student or something since they had to explain a lot of stuff to him several occasions. But I'm as mystified as you are. :blink

shizukananezumi

Post by shizukananezumi » May 26th, '06, 15:31

Dralion wrote:
jun` wrote:hey so im watching episode 4 right now..and i've been noticing one of the high schoolers look a bit caucasian, meaning yamada james...does anybody know who the actor is??

I noticed that too. And they'd treat him like a transfer student or something since they had to explain a lot of stuff to him several occasions. But I'm as mystified as you are. :blink
I think that guy was half-Japanese half-caucasian (in the series that is) but he doesn't understand much of things in Japan so people have to explain lots of things to him.

As for the duo, you might be referring to WaT, members are Koike Teppei and Wentz (he's half-German half-Japanese, I think). Wentz appeared in one episode of Gokusen, while Teppei is popular in several dramas like Dragonzakura, Gokusen 2, and Iryu (currently airing).

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » May 31st, '06, 09:35

yup yup!! i found it funny, the way they always say "no james!" haha.
wentz eiji was yuki from gokusen1, i think. the one in the inter-section sports epi.

so, no kioku subs yet for nobuta?

charlene172

Post by charlene172 » Jun 2nd, '06, 12:46

hey guys... i have a question to ask....hmm.. the guy who likes nobuta.. what's his real name? i think he's quite cute.... although girly looking.... if you guys know tell me..... onegai~

edit: not yamapi.... i think its during episode 4? the guy who gave her a letter.. by putting it in her shoes locker
Last edited by charlene172 on Jun 2nd, '06, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Jun 2nd, '06, 12:50

charlene172 wrote:hey guys... i have a question to ask....hmm.. the guy who likes nobuta.. what's his real name? i think he's quite cute.... although girly looking.... if you guys know tell me..... onegai~
i think both guys like her, which one do you mean? ^^
edit: anyway... I dunno^^
the guy in ep. 4 :blink don't remember how he looks like :mrgreen:

jump

Post by jump » Jun 4th, '06, 19:26

Did you know "Nobuta" ment to be Uchi Hiroki (NEWS)
but you know that he had a trouble, so changed to YamaP.
But Johnney's told NTV to change "Nobuta" to a girl character.
(I think Johnney's had idea of Kame and YamaP's duet)
So first Horikita Maki ment to be a Shuji's girlfriend but changed to "Nobuta"
If you compare with Novel it's so different.

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Jun 5th, '06, 07:36

jump, maji de??? i can't imagine it. seriously. uchi as nobuta. haha. good thing kitagawa-san got it changed. shuji to akira were great!

nix_renji

Post by nix_renji » Jun 8th, '06, 23:35

Hm... interesting facts

shortcake

Post by shortcake » Jun 10th, '06, 07:12

the guy who also liked nobuta besides akira was named shittaka. it was in episode5. i thought he was cute too so if anyone knows his real name, please share the info :-)

jun`

Post by jun` » Jun 11th, '06, 18:30

Dralion wrote:
jun` wrote:hey so I'm watching episode 4 right now..and I've been noticing one of the high schoolers look a bit caucasian, meaning yamada james...does anybody know who the actor is??

i remember a while back i was watching videos on youtube, and it was these 2 guys i believed they were a duo..well one of them was japanese/caucasian and i don't know why but i have a feeling that's the actor/singer? starring as james
well like shizukananezumi who posted after us, said Wentz..i just realized that!! Lol i couldn't remember the actors/singers name and just today..(kinda late) i found the video bookmarked in my bookmarks along with hundreds of other video...so the person i was referring to was Eiji Wentz, but in his filmography doesn't include nobuta wo produce...I'm pretty sure it was him xD

&I also thought shittaka was quite cute too =] but he had bad teeth >.>

Luffa

Post by Luffa » Jun 16th, '06, 02:10

wow Nobuta was an amazing drama....I have watched it like 6 times now, and never gettign tired of it! :lol
Though I should say that never knew about Yamapi and Kame before it and now I am a total fan of theirs ^^ All the characters were awesomely played!

Btw, I came across a video just recently in YouTube, a music video to be exact, that had Horikita Maki (the girl who plays Nobuta) in the beginning! It looks like a j-drama, possible a school one (...about a band, with Maki as a singer??) and I can't find out what its called. Is it an old one or something thats about to come out? Is it a drama at all? I have tried to search, I even checked Maki's profiles but I can't seem to find what the name is.

I NEED TO KNOW~!! I have to watch every single drama with Kame, Yamapi or Maki in it lol :D

Check it out, if you guys know what drama it is (in the beginning) of this music video:

jun`

Post by jun` » Jun 16th, '06, 03:21

Luffa wrote:wow Nobuta was an amazing drama....I have watched it like 6 times now, and never gettign tired of it! :lol
Though I should say that never knew about Yamapi and Kame before it and now I am a total fan of theirs ^^ All the characters were awesomely played!

Btw, I came across a video just recently in YouTube, a music video to be exact, that had Horikita Maki (the girl who plays Nobuta) in the beginning! It looks like a j-drama, possible a school one (...about a band, with Maki as a singer??) and I can't find out what its called. Is it an old one or something thats about to come out? Is it a drama at all? I have tried to search, I even checked Maki's profiles but I can't seem to find what the name is.

I NEED TO KNOW~!! I have to watch every single drama with Kame, Yamapi or Maki in it lol :D

Check it out, if you guys know what drama it is (in the beginning) of this music video:
im not sure but like these are some of her upcoming dramas...maybe its one of them?

Tsubasa No Oreta Tenshitachi
kurosagi

hmrm kurosagi stars yamapi as well, just telling ya xD

maki is pretty, and shes only 18?!?!?1 wow. nic song tho. hope i helped in some? lol

ilot

Post by ilot » Jun 16th, '06, 03:32

jump wrote:Did you know "Nobuta" ment to be Uchi Hiroki (NEWS)
Really?? What's the original title of the novel? And does it have translated version of the novel somewhere?

Luffa

Post by Luffa » Jun 16th, '06, 04:24

jun` wrote:
im not sure but like these are some of her upcoming dramas...maybe its one of them?

Tsubasa No Oreta Tenshitachi
kurosagi

hmrm kurosagi stars yamapi as well, just telling ya xD

maki is pretty, and shes only 18?!?!?1 wow. nic song tho. hope i helped in some? lol
aww thanks jun, but sadly I don't think its either :cry: Kurosagi for sure isn't because I am currently watching it :D (and its pretty cool) and Maki is never seen wearing school uniform and looks a bit different. As for Tsubasa No Oreta Tenshitachi, I googled it and it seems to have only 4 eps....hmm...and they all are girls, none of them have the guys I thought I saw in the video. but I guess it maybe could be huh.

*sigh* maybe I am just dilusional and crazy and too desperately hoping for a new drama to come out thats good......ahh, thanks anyway :P I like the song too ^^

Luffa

Post by Luffa » Jun 18th, '06, 04:34

I found out what it is!!
The good news is: I won't be crazily searching through the net anymore.
The bad news: its not a drama.

Yeah, its actually from a movie about a story of some sort on JanneDaArc, the j-pop band that was in the music video link I gave last time.

I have no idea how good/bad the movie is but yeah, atleast we know now lol.
http://www.gaga.ne.jp/hirakata/top.html

tiffanyco

Post by tiffanyco » Jun 18th, '06, 04:41

shortcake wrote:the guy who also liked nobuta besides akira was named shittaka. it was in episode5. i thought he was cute too so if anyone knows his real name, please share the info :-)
Shittaka's name is Wakaba Ryuuya.
Credit to http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nobuta_wo_Produce

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jun 18th, '06, 06:16

jun` wrote:
Dralion wrote:
jun` wrote:hey so I'm watching episode 4 right now..and I've been noticing one of the high schoolers look a bit caucasian, meaning yamada james...does anybody know who the actor is??

i remember a while back i was watching videos on youtube, and it was these 2 guys i believed they were a duo..well one of them was japanese/caucasian and i don't know why but i have a feeling that's the actor/singer? starring as james
well like shizukananezumi who posted after us, said Wentz..i just realized that!! Lol i couldn't remember the actors/singers name and just today..(kinda late) i found the video bookmarked in my bookmarks along with hundreds of other video...so the person i was referring to was Eiji Wentz, but in his filmography doesn't include nobuta wo produce...I'm pretty sure it was him xD

&I also thought shittaka was quite cute too =] but he had bad teeth >.>
that totally wasn't eiji. I'm kind of a big Wat fan.. and Eiji doesn't really appear in dramas. he had a one episode part in rondo but that's about it.

sorry, LoL, but eiji is WAY hotter than that guy.

oguri shun- kame fyan

Post by oguri shun- kame fyan » Jun 18th, '06, 14:49

Luffa wrote:wow Nobuta was an amazing drama....I have watched it like 6 times now, and never gettign tired of it! :lol

hey....i jus chekcd it out on u-tube n naw m lyke confusd aswel....i neva seend er wid dat drama cos so far she'z juss playd NBWP/kurosagi N DA NU ONE tsubasa no oreta tenshitachi.....hmmm mayb itz jus a vid aye..lol....dun worry....aight den...soz i cdunt b any help..haha...tc^_~ :whistling: :lol :D
Attachments
awwwwwww
awwwwwww
ShujitoAkirasig.jpg (131.99 KiB) Viewed 4589 times

oguri shun- kame fyan

Post by oguri shun- kame fyan » Jun 18th, '06, 14:54

OMGGGGG...nobuta wo produce wuz one da touchin drama ever......itz so sweet...all bout friendship even tho i wud hab lykd nobuta tu b wid either shuji or akira..haha......ofcouz shuji wuz ma fav act buh akira wuz so funny....da way yamap talkd...wen e sed shuji--kun...lol....n dat lil dance wen e cumz frm da stairs..haha yamap'z kon kon wuz funni too..haha...naw itz one mah fav drama naw.....along wid kurosagi....i strtd lykin yamap since NWP...so tahnx so much ...lol....ryt den...off tu watch kurosagi.....omgg itz gettin even betta naw...if you habnt watchd it..u must..lol....aight den...m off......tc...^_~ :wub: :whistling: :D 8)

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Jun 19th, '06, 09:25

x_XJules wrote:that totally wasn't eiji. I'm kind of a big Wat fan.. and Eiji doesn't really appear in dramas. he had a one episode part in rondo but that's about it.

sorry, LoL, but eiji is WAY hotter than that guy.
yup! definitely not eiji. though eiji also appeared in gokusen 1 right? as yuuki... the student who yankumi overlooked and wasn't going to school.

gougz

Post by gougz » Jun 19th, '06, 22:59

ilot wrote:
jump wrote:Did you know "Nobuta" ment to be Uchi Hiroki (NEWS)
Really?? What's the original title of the novel? And does it have translated version of the novel somewhere?
the original title is Yamato Nadeshiko shichi henge by Hayakawa Tomoko it was translated but i don't know where sorry

edit: i found this http://www.manganews.net/seriesinfo.php?id=795

Kimmy07

Post by Kimmy07 » Jun 19th, '06, 23:35

I just watched this dorama for the first time last week!! ^_^ I adored it so much. Yamapi really surprised me with his acting. Akira has to be the best character ever. It touched me and really made me appreciate my friends. If anyone hasn't seen this, you really should

Is it really based on a manga? I need to read that then ^_^

saoji

Post by saoji » Jun 20th, '06, 00:02

It's really based from "Yamato Nadeshiko shichi henge" ?
I'm surprise cause it's really different, "Nobuta" is just inspired maybe, but it's all.
I love a lot this manga ! Sunako is my hero, love her style ! :roll

gougz

Post by gougz » Jun 20th, '06, 00:24

saoji wrote:It's really based from "Yamato Nadeshiko shichi henge" ?
I'm surprise cause it's really different, "Nobuta" is just inspired maybe, but it's all.
you're right, it's just inspired :D

pinkuonigiri

Post by pinkuonigiri » Jun 20th, '06, 01:33

saoji wrote:It's really based from "Yamato Nadeshiko shichi henge" ?
I love a lot this manga ! Sunako is my hero, love her style ! :roll
the two are not related, the only thing they have in common is that nobuta and sunako seem alike but i think thats because there both going after that creepy look of sadako from the ringu movies.. and the fact that there being "made over"

it was actually inspired by a well selling novel , I don’t remember the authors name ><;
the drama was quite different from the book from what i hear
there was no "akira" and nobuta was actually a overweight boy, that shuji just made over for fun, i heard it was a little on the darker side then how the drama actually was

Psychotic_X

Post by Psychotic_X » Jun 25th, '06, 07:26

:D Nobuta wo Produce such a good drama... i really enjoyed watching it.. =D
:glare: However, I didn't like the ending. I was really disappointed, they would've had a better ending honestly.

cupids

Post by cupids » Jun 27th, '06, 14:36

hey guys i need some help here :(

i cant seem to watch nobuta after i dwnload already the first image just remains as a still image >< even though i downloaded divx still cant watch :(

indokid

Post by indokid » Jun 28th, '06, 07:06

cupids wrote:hey guys i need some help here :(

i cant seem to watch nobuta after i dwnload already the first image just remains as a still image >< even though i downloaded divx still cant watch :(
do you download an image file or an avi file?

if its an avi.. try installing a codec pack e.g: http://www.cccp-project.net/

oppa92

Post by oppa92 » Jun 28th, '06, 16:52

yoosh~

it's been a long time since i watched J drama after Long Vacation and i really like Harikita Maki..err kawaii?

tenuki

Post by tenuki » Jul 5th, '06, 04:21

One of the funniest I have seen.

However, I am sick of the ridiculously contrived situations they come up with in order to create a conflict. The Aoi problem could be solved in 2 seconds by telling Nobuta what's going on. What did the dumbass think was going to happen if he waited?

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Jul 9th, '06, 09:07

Remember when nobuta found out about AOI.. she couldn't go back to school
because... (kinda forgot) i think she lost her "confi-dence"
thats why shuji didnt wanna tell nobuta because she'll feel all down.
Imagine having a best/good friend and then finding out it all has been a lie..
plus its Nobuta and Aoi was her only friend.
But I actually had the same question as you while I was watching it.. and that's the best explanation i could think of.

this is a must watch. highly recommended.
after watching the show.. i find myself saying KON KON randomly. :alcoholic:
every character was played well. plus the story is very unique

oppa92

Post by oppa92 » Jul 9th, '06, 12:17

asprikitik wrote: after watching the show.. i find myself saying KON KON randomly. :alcoholic:
every character was played well. plus the story is very unique
eheh..u sound just like my friend after i lend him this drama :lol :lol

tamago

Post by tamago » Jul 9th, '06, 12:29

light entertainment and eyecandy. ^_^ YamaP!!

i didnt expect it to end that way though..but it was a refreshing end i thought.

Akira shock..! :P

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 9th, '06, 23:47

Akira effect is very contagious. I unconsciously copied Akira's every move. Before I knew it, I was just as crazy as him. :blink

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jul 9th, '06, 23:48

Kumaxell wrote:Akira effect is very contagious. I unconsciously copied Akira's every move. Before I knew it, I was just as crazy as him. :blink
LOL!! i totally know what you mean. my friends don't watch doramas so they all think i'm crazy now. :lol :lol kon kon

Coheed and Cambria

Post by Coheed and Cambria » Jul 13th, '06, 04:53

I really loved this drama. It stresses friendship, and being out of high school for a year, I know how hard it is to hold onto the friendships you once loved so dearly along with the memories accumulated. I was picked on a lot as well in school, and I know how it feels to be left out. I learned quickly to be myself and let others accept me for who I am. The funny thing is, I came upon Nobuta wo Produce just by going down the alphabetical list of completed j-drama torrents. I didn't even know it was this recent (although I did look over the drama Wiki) and popular despite my little knowledge of jdramas.
Last edited by Coheed and Cambria on Jul 13th, '06, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.

uezurii

Post by uezurii » Jul 13th, '06, 05:46

My girlfriend thinks that J-doramas are too light on plot, too drawn out, or too cheesy usually. But she loved this one and thought Densha Otoko was pretty good. I'd say that this, Densha, and Gokusen are sort of the best three as far as "you probably won't be bored" are concerned - they're sort of my faves.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 22nd, '06, 09:20

Just finished it and grr i'm sad now ^_^

akiradown

what do you think about akira in nobuta wo produce?

Post by akiradown » Jul 25th, '06, 12:20

i think he's lonely....T-T

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Jul 29th, '06, 14:57

I think Kiritani, throughout the whole drama, stresses that he is lonely even through the popular lifestyle of the first half of the drama.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Sep 11th, '06, 06:08

I was suprised with the drama. I really really enjoyed it. I watched it not really knowing what to expect since I'm new to the whole JDrama scene. But I'm glad I watched this one. Definitely one of my favorite dramas. EVERYONE must watch this show.

snowy-yuki

Post by snowy-yuki » Sep 11th, '06, 07:20

one of the greatest dorama i've ever seen.. i won't get bored to watch it all over again.. :wub: :wub: :wub:
it's totally about true friendship.. it's just great..
the characters are perfectly played by them..
i never like the ending though.. :P i mean why they have too separate.. i know because shuji has to move out with his family, but..still...it'd be great if four of them stay together (Shuji, Akira, Nobuko, and Mariko) :lol :lol

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Sep 11th, '06, 11:27

Mmm...
But separation is a part of friendship as well.
You can't deny that fact.

siangsaolong

Post by siangsaolong » Sep 11th, '06, 15:39

It was so gay in the ending
but anyway I like this drama a lot
It is my favourite drama

snowy-yuki

Post by snowy-yuki » Sep 12th, '06, 03:36

Pandemonium wrote:Mmm...
But separation is a part of friendship as well.
You can't deny that fact.
yeah i know that.. and that's why this dorama is so much natural ne~..

siangsaolong - :lol i must agree with you

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Sep 12th, '06, 13:05

Super boring drama. Stay Away is my vote.

sam-me

Post by sam-me » Sep 13th, '06, 15:56

I've seen the whole drama, and I liked it alot. Although, its not one of my top 5 but still pretty good. I like the actors and actresses in this drama. Kame and Yamapi!! Pretty good... :D

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 16th, '06, 19:53

I absolutely love this drama! I was also a bit disappointed by the ending, seeing Nobuta left all alone by herself again. But Akira seems much more interested in Shuji anyway. lol! Ideally, I would want to see Nobuta with Akira, and Mariko back together with Shuji. Mariko is such a sweet, wholesome girl!

siangsaolong

Post by siangsaolong » Sep 17th, '06, 04:14

berserk wrote:I absolutely love this drama! I was also a bit disappointed by the ending, seeing Nobuta left all alone by herself again. But Akira seems much more interested in Shuji anyway. lol! Ideally, I would want to see Nobuta with Akira, and Mariko back together with Shuji. Mariko is such a sweet, wholesome girl!
no
mariko is too good for shuji so I glad shuji end up with akira

actually before this drama I watched dragon zakura and kurosagi so a little bit surprise to see yamapi act like an idiot lol

AiAiZXY

Post by AiAiZXY » Sep 17th, '06, 16:52

I LOVE this drama, (one of my favorites) but the ending was a dissapointment..
I didn't really mind them being seperated, but Shuji & Akira's part was weird.. o_o;

It would've been really cool if they got to stay together though.

Pg. 55!

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 17th, '06, 21:44

AiAiZXY wrote:I LOVE this drama, (one of my favorites) but the ending was a dissapointment..
I didn't really mind them being seperated, but Shuji & Akira's part was weird.. o_o;

It would've been really cool if they got to stay together though.

Pg. 55!
Yea, it was weird how Akira abandoned Nobuta so he could be with Shuji. Now they can wrestle wet and naked on the beach everyday (like in the closing sequence). lol!

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Sep 18th, '06, 11:36

rechino, thank you for sharing the pictures! :)

siangsaolong, you are totally entitled to have your opinion and I respect that. Still, it pains me to see the reaction "it's so gay" whenever two guys are friends. It's probably just a sign of this time we live in, when the notion of "friendship" is a mystery to most people.

Nobuta wo Produce does a lot to shed light on the subject, it seems though that more is needed.

berserk, it was Nobuta that asked Akira to go join Shuji, wasn't it? :) He didn't abandon her. She can stand on her own two feet now, and she's got Mariko for a friend. Shuji still needs a friend by him.

siangsaolong

Post by siangsaolong » Sep 18th, '06, 13:20

sorry to make you feel pain Liantasse
what I said is not about two guys are friends
actually it's quite touching
It's predictable that akira will follow shuji since he is rich
what I mean "it's so gay" is the scene at the beach
don't take it serious man
I feel guilty

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 18th, '06, 14:21

There's definitely nothing gay about their friendship. If anything, I'm envious of Shuji and Akira because I've never experienced a friendship where someone is willing to stick by me through thick and thin. As the maxim goes, "rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer." Unfortunately, society nowadays is so homophobic that people regard any form of physical affection between guys as being gay.

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Sep 18th, '06, 14:47

berserk wrote:There's definitely nothing gay about their friendship. If anything, I'm envious of Shuji and Akira because I've never experienced a friendship where someone is willing to stick by me through thick and thin. As the maxim goes, "rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer." Unfortunately, society nowadays is so homophobic that people regard any form of physical affection between guys as being gay.
i would like to have shuji n akira kind of friendship but i tend to go away when a friend getting to close to me .too bad im not as nice and kind as shuji and not as friendly and funny akira.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Sep 18th, '06, 15:00

siangsaolong, thanks for replying: you were sweet, I expected you to be angry and attack me! Gomen! :-) (And yes, I was talking about the scene at the beach, too :P )
berserk wrote:Unfortunately, society nowadays is so homophobic that people regard any form of physical affection between guys as being gay.
You're so right, berserk, and it's so sad that it's this way :( I don't understand why we got to be like this... I am someone who needs a lot of physical affection from friends, so I don't know how I'd survive if I were a guy... Thankfully girls can be more expressive that way, but who knows how soon the time will come when people will give me weird looks for holding hands or cuddling with my girl friends?!...

berserk and ringosan, here's to hoping that you will have a friend like Akira some day, and soon! :thumleft: I am so thankful that there were people around me who stayed even after I made them suffer a lot... It really hurts when you open your heart and later you find that you shouldn't have for that person, but then... think of Nobuta and Aoi :roll Who really "won" at the end? :-)

pinkuonigiri

Post by pinkuonigiri » Sep 18th, '06, 17:58

mm, one of the reasons I like nobuta was because it didn’t end up like a romance like so many other stories. I don’t know why people always feel the need to pair off everyone in a series, so I’ts nice to see a story that focuses on friendship rather then that kinda sappy love you see in other dramas.
I remember specially when I was first watching it hoping uehara mariko and shuuji didn’t get together because that would be way too sappy. I thought remember him saying he felt he wasen't mature enough for a relationship yet anyway ._.

and if akira was gay for shuuji then he would have acted all shy around him like he did when he was crushing on nobuta

I never got a "gay vibe " from the drama really( this coming from a fan of boys love manga) I do like watching two male friends playing around and being silly which is why I like nobuta so much :)

and while I didn’t think it was gay just a nice friendship story with two guys.. sorta made me wonder if anyone would make any shuujiXakira fan fiction or yaoi doujinshi -o- ( that seems kinda wierd ._. )

SakuraMinamoto

Post by SakuraMinamoto » Sep 19th, '06, 11:07

Liantasse wrote:Still, it pains me to see the reaction "it's so gay" whenever two guys are friends. It's probably just a sign of this time we live in, when the notion of "friendship" is a mystery to most people..
Come on. It was pure fanservice for the yaoi-lover Johnnys fans.
I loved this drama so much and I would have liked it to end when Akira explains to Shuuji why he's gone there (it's still fanservice... but still more believable). But the part when they roll hugging on the beach, well, that's nothing but fanservice pouring gayness from every pore. =___= (I don't think Akira and Shuuji are gay, I think they've made up this scene to make them seem gay to appeal to the aforementioned fans)

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Sep 19th, '06, 11:26

Waaah, Sakura-san!! So much cynicism!! :lol
I'm one of the shounen-ai lovers myself, how come I didn't take it this way at all?? Have they failed in getting the "right" reaction from their target group? See also what pinkuonigiri said above...

And she was so right when she said:
pinkuonigiri wrote: and if akira was gay for shuuji then he would have acted all shy around him like he did when he was crushing on nobuta

siangsaolong

Post by siangsaolong » Sep 19th, '06, 11:56

Liantasse wrote:Waaah, Sakura-san!! So much cynicism!! :lol
I'm one of the shounen-ai lovers myself, how come I didn't take it this way at all?? Have they failed in getting the "right" reaction from their target group? See also what pinkuonigiri said above...

And she was so right when she said:
pinkuonigiri wrote: and if akira was gay for shuuji then he would have acted all shy around him like he did when he was crushing on nobuta
Oh actually it's quite true
My best friend is a Yaoi fan
and I know what my friend read
so it's totally not what Akira did that seem to be Yaoi
but in the point of view of boys the beach scene is very gay
and in my opinion it's Shuji's smile (before he ran to the sea) that made it very gay
hope this time not so offensive

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Sep 19th, '06, 13:18

Aha, thanks for clarifying, siangsaolong (and no, it's not offensive to me :) ), then I'll have to watch again to see that tell-tale smile... :) I'll be back :P

chunny

Post by chunny » Sep 20th, '06, 06:39

LOL...
Wow..pretty interesting convo bout Yaoi here...
Huhu...

MoonKnight

Post by MoonKnight » Sep 20th, '06, 07:09

I just watched this drama, every episode in about two days. I liked it a lot, but like many of you, I was very disappointed with the ending. There wasn't much of a climax, and on a whole, it left me feeling empty if that makes any sense. I also couldn't help but have a feeling that the storyline was a bit rushed.

It was definitely a really good drama, though, although that's rather easy for me to say, especially considering the only J-Drama I've seen thus far is Gyarusaa, My Boss My Hero, and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. I think that this is definitely rewatchable, and I and definitely giving this to a friend of mine.

SakuraMinamoto

Post by SakuraMinamoto » Sep 20th, '06, 07:24

Liantasse wrote:Waaah, Sakura-san!! So much cynicism!! :lol
I'm one of the shounen-ai lovers myself, how come I didn't take it this way at all?? Have they failed in getting the "right" reaction from their target group?
you're not a Japanese Johnny's fan. They're quite scary XD
Yeah! I've never said that Akira has followed Shuuji because he loved him in the gay meaning of the word. But still that last scene was just put there for fanservice.

AND I am a girl, AND I am anti-yaoi/shounen ai. There are already too many beautiful guys who are gay, why invent some more? XD