What actor/tress You think that should take a leading role?

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
rahula

What actor/tress You think that should take a leading role?

Post by rahula » Sep 15th, '06, 06:53

For a while I have been giving myself the same thought watching j-dramas lately for some actor and actress: it is time to be a protagonist! At least I really would like to see 'em in a leading role.

So I'll mention the ones I remember right now (it's past 4 a.m. here in tropical zones :alcoholic: ) and you people do the same if ever thought about that...

And it's not only about beauty but also (actually should be "mainly for") good acting!

And maybe he/she already got a leading role but I'm the one who never watched the drama!

1: Asami Reina!

Yes, that's the first one for sure. Maybe I seriously started urging to see some specific actor/actress on j-dramas because of her! I watched Water Boys II and went crazy for her! So beautiful and such a good acting! Finished, I went to "Ame to Yume no ato ni" and there she was again! It was anguishing to see her just for a few moments right after she being always present and decisive in WBII! Ans it was also nice to notice the same beautiful actress in a more grown up look, and much more appealing and yet the same good acting! Then I moved to Sapuri and... there again! God, it's destiny! We should meet someday, I thought :wub:

In Sapuri she improved a lot in her acting skills and made me really want to see her in a leading role...

2: Abe Sadayo

Please tell me... has he done any leading ever? Because I remember watching so many dramas with him on it but never as a leading! The closest to it... maybe in Tiger & Dragon.
Well, the thing is... in "Iryu - Team Medical Dragon" he is incredible!!! I was kind of surprised. I mean... that old story about being able to do such different roles like the one in "Tiger & Dragon" or "Kisarazu Cat's eyes" and then what he did on Iryu! God, in the scene where
That bartender girl he liked almost died and he cried...

I was moved! And I just kept in my mind that old image of him wearing a Black Power wig in "Tiger & Dragon"... I kept myself saying: hey, is he really the same guy?

3: Nakao Akiyoshi

C'mon... just visiting the jdorama.com artist section I was randomly navigating on him and I went on and on his past roles and remembering I had seen them all! He was that kido on Good Luck! That lil bro of Kimura Takuya! He was nice on H2, liked a lot in Brother Beat and simply the best in Water Boys II! I mean... this guy is always smiling! Any image other than a smiling face is quite impossible to come to my mind when it's about him. I think he really should be on a leading role...

Hey, that also made me think about the disappointing ones... mainly for seeming too immature in acting for a lead role... have you got any? Tell it!

To me... now I can remember "Moriyama Mirai" on "kiken na aneki". Gosh... it just didn't... work somehow.

Well, I'll be editing after rechecking it later... at least after a good sleeping! :lol :lol

Cya!

Ukyo

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 15th, '06, 07:11

My vote goes to Shiraishi Miho! She was great in Orange Days and Densha Otoko. I have no doubt she will land a leading role in the near future. She has beauty, versatility, and talent.
Last edited by berserk on Sep 20th, '06, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.

rahula

Post by rahula » Sep 15th, '06, 14:55

Shiraishi Miho!!! Yeah, that's right! And I always remember her as an important supporting actress. In Densha Otoko she again showed a great acting skill... how old is she?

TG3

Post by TG3 » Sep 16th, '06, 05:33

I agree with Shirashi Miho. She's good.

Some others:

Kuninaka Ryoko - (Michiru in Kekkon Dekinai Otoko). She kinda has the same vibe as Misaki itoh. Cute, close to 30, and has this kind of funny, goofy personality.

Nishikido Ryo (1 Litre of Tears, Attention Please) - At least he's stepping out of schoolboy roles, but he needs a lead role.

Satou Megumi (HYD, Taiyou no Uta) - Crazy villain or loyal sidekick? I think it's about time she plays a normal, well rounded character.

Ichikawa Yui (too many dramas to count) - Forever the supporting character, I think things will change after her co-lead role in NANA 2. I could never really gauge her acting, because she's always given the role as a spoiler or other girl, never the main love interest.

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 17th, '06, 21:57

TG3 wrote: Ichikawa Yui (too many dramas to count) - Forever the supporting character, I think things will change after her co-lead role in NANA 2. I could never really gauge her acting, because she's always given the role as a spoiler or other girl, never the main love interest.
I second Ichikawa Yui! She is so pretty. :wub:

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Sep 19th, '06, 03:28

berserk wrote:
TG3 wrote: Ichikawa Yui (too many dramas to count) - Forever the supporting character, I think things will change after her co-lead role in NANA 2. I could never really gauge her acting, because she's always given the role as a spoiler or other girl, never the main love interest.
I second Ichikawa Yui! She is so pretty. :wub:
Before she gets a leading role.....she shoudl get better roles.

Her role character in Kurosagi got so damn annoying :glare: :glare:
The best i've seen her in was Hotman and H2

Oh yea.

I would like to see Katase Nana in a leading Role.
Only time I saw her where she was a major character was GTO drama Special :cry: :cry:
Her role in Last Christmas wasn't that big and in Shotgun Marriage too.

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Sep 19th, '06, 19:01

I would like to see Ando Masanobu starring in a drama in the future. I miss him so!
I also would like to see Sousuke Takaoka ( Hiroki in Battle Royale), Anna Nagata ( if you don´t remember her, she also played in Battle Royale as Mizuko´s ( Kou Shibasaki) friend Hirono!)
I also would like to see my favourite japanese actress Aki Maeda. She played a fantastic role in Azumi 2 and I would like to see her in a drama. The same goes to Chiaki Kuriyama. She also played in Azumi 2 and as far as I´ve seen her in Kill Bill, I think she could play some gangster roles or some selfish roles in dramas!

ArieZ

Post by ArieZ » Sep 30th, '06, 15:35

Kuninaka Ryoko!
wacth her in 'blackjack in yorosiku' very cute, like to see her as leading role in next series :wub:

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Sep 30th, '06, 20:33

I agree with rahula, Asami Reina should definitely get a lead role. I think she was awesome in the dramas I have seen or her and she seems like a great person.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 30th, '06, 21:24

EITA!! I love this guy but he doesn't get enough attention!
another one would be Suba haha just because I'm biased and can't get enought of him :P

snowflakez

Post by snowflakez » Oct 4th, '06, 10:15

*coughs*
*ahem*
*shouts*
KOYAMA KEIICHIRO!!! I WANT TO SEE HIM IN A LEADING ROLE!!!!!! :lol

so far I've seen him in Kurosagi Episode 2, Nurse Aoi and Hana Yome Wa Yakudoshi (at least I think that's the title >< i'm bad at remembering).. i want him to have a lead role *cough*.. XDXD.

ok, Nishikido Ryo should also get better roles.

Ichikawa Yui (is this correct?) annoys me in Kurosagi but there's no doubt that she's pretty XDXD.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 4th, '06, 11:46

Well, I don't have a pick at the moment... My thought on this subject is that the story is written before the casting. For a particular actress to take on a role of ANY level, there must be a role that fits her. I still believe this is the advantage of males over females in the geinokai. With the style of screenwriting I've been seeing over the last few seasons, the male characters are pretty generic, allowing the talent agencies to basically pick whoever their favorite fanboys are at the moment. Females just don't have this advantage; I think female characters must be more customized in the screenwriting in order to fit a particular artist.

Other comments:

Kuninaka Ryoko - She actually has had several leading roles, including a biggie in the Churasan family of series. I think for her to stand out, she must take on a more professional, powerful glow, much like Amami Yuki. She still acts too much like the girl next door.

Ichikawa Yui - What she has to do first is get out of what I call a "skank" mode. Around my circle of friends in our weekly roundtables, we don't really take her seriously. She's very weak in Rondo, considering she has a long list of dramas prior to this drama. And I almsot want her to shut up in the HOTMAN series'. She also has to convince all of us to get her out of our gravure lists. Until then, she'll never be taken seriously by any casting director when it comes to their golden time slots like Monday night.

Shiraishi Miho - I agree with this pick. She's much like Matsushita Yuki who I'm also looking out for.

Katase Nana - She impressed me in Jukunen Rikon. Other roles in Last Xmas and such didn't catch me as strong.

--- groink

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 4th, '06, 12:52

I'll go for Shiraishi Miho too. Good actings skills and her face has some personnality.

I' d also like to see less of "the turtle" Misaki Itoh. But she's difficut to avoid now... :crazy:

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 5th, '06, 18:22

Kobayashi Mao was quite good in "Slow dance", well, everybody was good in "slow dance". In Taiyou no uta, she doesn't have a part that allow her to show much of her skills but I'dbe interested to see her in a bigger part. And what a voice!!!

keitaro310

Post by keitaro310 » Oct 5th, '06, 20:35

20centuryboy wrote:I'll go for Shiraishi Miho too. Good actings skills and her face has some personnality.

I' d also like to see less of "the turtle" Misaki Itoh. But she's difficut to avoid now... :crazy:
turtle? what? are you referring to kamenashi? :blink

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 6th, '06, 06:22

No, she has a long neck and her face looks a little like a turtle. :D

Valen

Post by Valen » Oct 6th, '06, 06:50

AngelicLayer wrote:I also would like to see my favourite japanese actress Aki Maeda. She played a fantastic role in Azumi 2 and I would like to see her in a drama. !
That would be her older sister Ai. Aki wasn't in Azumi 2. The Maeda Sisters are currently focusing on movies, TV specials and guest appearances in series (filming a series, like Junjou Kirai, takes longer and both are heavily engaged in... university business, so they simply don't have that much time).

I'd love to see Ai in a Taiga in a bigger role (she fits into jidai geki), but when would she do that right now? No time. Same thing for Aki. Ai's been doing a lot of small roles in jidai geki lately and also a few movies. Aki's been pumping out movies, it's amazing (and she's also a regular in those Kyoto Murdercases, part 3 should run sometime this autumn, she's the daughter of the main character, a police detective).
AngelicLayer wrote:The same goes to Chiaki Kuriyama. She also played in Azumi 2 and as far as I´ve seen her in Kill Bill, I think she could play some gangster roles or some selfish roles in dramas!
She actually has quite a lot of tv appearances. Most of the stuff she's in doesn't pop up here, though. She's in the Kisarazu Cats' Eyes SP that should run in Japan by the end of October (if my memory is right) or was it November?

kidmigz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: What actor/tress You think that should take a leading ro

Post by kidmigz » Oct 13th, '06, 01:26

rahula wrote:2: Abe Sadayo

Please tell me... has he done any leading ever?
Well, he's getting his first leading role in a movie now, in a kind of love comedy called "Maiko Haaan!!!," also starring Shibasaki Kou and Tsutsumi Shinichi. The movie comes out in June 2007.

By the way, has anyone seen "Beruna no Shippo" or heard anything about it? Shiraishi Miho plays the lead in that movie.

japysia

Post by japysia » Oct 13th, '06, 01:48

I would like to see Mizukawa Asami and Sato Ryuta in a leading role.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mizukawa_Asami
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sato_Ryuta

Syuichi

Post by Syuichi » Oct 13th, '06, 02:09

Katase Nana, Tanaka Kei and Konishi Manami ( She definetly needs to take a leading role)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 13th, '06, 03:21

TG3 wrote:I agree with Shirashi Miho. She's good.

Some others:

******Nishikido Ryo (1 Litre of Tears, Attention Please) - At least he's stepping out of schoolboy roles, but he needs a lead role.

Satou Megumi (HYD, Taiyou no Uta) - Crazy villain or loyal sidekick? I think it's about time she plays a normal, well rounded character.

Ichikawa Yui (too many dramas to count) - Forever the supporting character, I think things will change after her co-lead role in NANA 2. I could never really gauge her acting, because she's always given the role as a spoiler or other girl, never the main love interest.
totally agree!! :lol :lol

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Nov 25th, '06, 19:09

20centuryboy wrote:No, she has a long neck and her face looks a little like a turtle. :D
And I thought I was the only one who thought she wasn't all that pretty. :lol

I agree, her neck is too long and skinny and she has a weird nose. It almost reminds me of a mummy sometimes. :whistling:

As for actresses I'd like to see in a leading role, I always kind of wanted to see Becky but she got one this season (Anna-san No Omame). Of course I agree with everyone on Shiraishi Miho - she's talented and though she's pretty, her face has character and isn't just of an ordinary pretty that's easy to find and forget. I also want to see Akanishi Jin again. He's got to be my biggest guilty pleasure of all - I adore Jin solely because he's so cute and pretty like a girl. :mrgreen:

Rikayla

Re: What actor/tress You think that should take a leading ro

Post by Rikayla » Nov 30th, '06, 07:45

rahula wrote:1: Asami Reina!

Yes, that's the first one for sure. Maybe I seriously started urging to see some specific actor/actress on j-dramas because of her! I watched Water Boys II and went crazy for her! So beautiful and such a good acting! Finished, I went to "Ame to Yume no ato ni" and there she was again! It was anguishing to see her just for a few moments right after she being always present and decisive in WBII! Ans it was also nice to notice the same beautiful actress in a more grown up look, and much more appealing and yet the same good acting! Then I moved to Sapuri and... there again! God, it's destiny! We should meet someday, I thought :wub:

In Sapuri she improved a lot in her acting skills and made me really want to see her in a leading role...
theresalynne wrote:I agree with rahula, Asami Reina should definitely get a lead role. I think she was awesome in the dramas I have seen or her and she seems like a great person.
Yes! Thank you! I thought I was the only one in this forum who liked her. Her acting in Sapuri blew me away. She's so gorgeous. She pouts a bit too much, but her acting skills during emotional scenes in Sapuri just made me went WOW. Her acting in that show surpasses Misaki Itoh's by farrrrr~

So thank thank thank you for mentioning Asami Reina!!

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 9th, '06, 16:39

yamatsumi wrote:EITA!! I love this guy but he doesn't get enough attention!
Eita, Eita, I totally agree!!! :w00t: :wub: He is wonderful, there should be much more of him and I really can't think how he didn't get like at least five leading roles so far!!

And I think there even isn't a thread dedicated to him here on the forum... :blink or maybe I can't see it?

I'm dl-ing Nodame Cantabile at the moment, and I was so happy to see that he is in it! Even though I have no idea how that weird hair is going to work on him.... :lol But I did like his weird hair in Sapuri and Densha Otoko movie... :roll :wub: I was so proud of myself when I recognized him in Densha, even though I had seen him only once before and his face was so well hidden... :lol

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Feb 6th, '07, 15:38

Shiraishi Miho is okay but i hate her bitchy character in Densha Otoko the same with Ichikawa Yui

so... some of you guys dont find Ito Misaki pretty ne? i thought guys would drooL upon her!! she's pretty in densha otoko, in fairness to her...

okay going back to the topic...

if i wouLd be the one who wiLL choose to pLay the roLe of Doumyouji Tsukasa of HYD then it wouLd be YAMASHITA TOMOHISA!! aLtough MatsuJun is great... i want to see the former...

and another... i wouLd Like to see KATO SHIGEAKI act...

EleKYAH

Post by EleKYAH » Feb 11th, '07, 22:06

Shiraishi Miho <3 she's my fav actress, and im sure that she can handle perfectly a leading role.

mirahanadan

Post by mirahanadan » Feb 12th, '07, 04:03

inoue mao!!!! she's just superb !!!!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Feb 12th, '07, 04:16

Eita, Oguri Shun,Narimiya Hiroki

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Jul 20th, '07, 15:35

maya miki... i dont really know if she has a leading role, cuz mostly shes just a supporting actress, iw ould like her to have one.

poptate12

Post by poptate12 » Jul 24th, '07, 20:00

I'd personally like to see Yamamoto Yusuke in a lead role.

He's done a bunch of side roles, but I really want to see his acting skills put to the test. And I really want to see him as a funny role. :w00t:

If the rumors about him being Tamaki in the Ouran Host Club drama are true, YAY!!!!! I'll be very happy. ^_^

Yamamoto Yusuke is suki <3!

Keizou

Post by Keizou » Jul 24th, '07, 23:08

I want to see someone named Megumi Seki is more lead roles in dramas or movies.

Not many people have heard or even seen her before. :-(

She doesn't have any lead roles yet but she did have a somewhat important role in the drama, LIFE and in the live-action adaptation of Honey and Clover. :-)

After seeing her in H&C, I definitely think she should have a lead role.

ifacchi

Post by ifacchi » Oct 17th, '07, 23:17

poptate12 wrote:I'd personally like to see Yamamoto Yusuke in a lead role.

He's done a bunch of side roles, but I really want to see his acting skills put to the test. And I really want to see him as a funny role. :w00t:

If the rumors about him being Tamaki in the Ouran Host Club drama are true, YAY!!!!! I'll be very happy. ^_^

Yamamoto Yusuke is suki <3!
agree.. :cheers:
i love him, and really wanna see him as leading role. He did great in Hana Kimi

choukawaii4eva

Post by choukawaii4eva » Oct 17th, '07, 23:29

I would love to see Taguchi Junnosuke and Oguri Shun play lead roles. I love watching shows with them, but all of the shows I've seen with them have them as just co-stars. I can't remember where I read this from but it said that Oguri Shun only prefers to play co-starring roles. I hope he reconsiders!

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 31st, '08, 18:14

Toma needs to take centre stage in a dorma but I would like to see Shota gain some recognition and become a leading actor.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Feb 24th, '08, 03:22

i wanna see Aoi Yu!!! she's doing a very good job in Camouflage, but i wanna see her in a mainstream drama!! there are rumors that she will be one of the leads in the drama Akuma-kun along with Oizumi Yo, but there's no confirmation yet.

JC

Post by JC » Apr 9th, '08, 22:29

I'm not too sure. I love Eita and Abe Sadayo, but I've never thought about them in lead roles. Some actors just make brilliant secondary characters and Eita and Abe Sadayo do just that.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 11th, '08, 08:28

I want Asami Mizukawa because she's beautiful & her roles are versatile. She deserves more than what they give her now ^__^

enella09

Seki Megumi

Post by enella09 » May 19th, '08, 16:04

Keizou wrote:I want to see someone named Megumi Seki is more lead roles in dramas or movies.

Not many people have heard or even seen her before. :-(

She doesn't have any lead roles yet but she did have a somewhat important role in the drama, LIFE and in the live-action adaptation of Honey and Clover. :-)

After seeing her in H&C, I definitely think she should have a lead role.
She had lots of lead roles, only in movies though,, i haven't watched it.
her first project, she's the lead role, Koi wa go shichi go (love is 5 7 5)

I really liked her role in LIFE, she's so cool and she's pretty well as Yamada Ayu in the Live action movie of Honey and Clover without crying that much compared to Harada Natsuki of the H&C drama who also played Yamada.

The only projects of Seki Megumi that I have watched:
LIFE (MIki Hatori) drama
Ganbatte Ikimasshoi (Chiemi Tanaka) drama - she has only small parts
Mou Hitotsu no SUgar and Spice (Madoka?) - she's on the episode 2 w/ Kikawada Masaya
H&C Movie (Yamada Ayumi)
Sai-Ren (Natsu) - I've watched this no eng subs
Warau Micheal/Arch Angels (Kazune) - w/ Juri Ueno and Taira Airi
Bandage Club (Tempo) - w/ Yuya Yagira and Satoi Ishihara, she has only small parts

snooopy06

Post by snooopy06 » Nov 20th, '08, 11:22

Yoshizawa Hisashi is one of the actors that I want to take a leading role
he took one leading role but too bad it is not subbed

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Nov 24th, '08, 03:15

EITA....EITA.....EITA... :wub: He should get lead roles, considering how good he was in his past supporting roles. I don't want him to to be forever hidden behind some other big shot, just coz he's not some JE boy. He deserves MORE!!! ~~ I just watched The Silver Season, where he acted as an extreme skier, he is amazing....xD

Oh and i'd love to see Asami Mizukawa in a lead role too. I think she'd be great. :thumright:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Nov 24th, '08, 09:03

avieamber wrote:EITA....EITA.....EITA... :wub: He should get lead roles, considering how good he was in his past supporting roles. I don't want him to to be forever hidden behind some other big shot, just coz he's not some JE boy. He deserves MORE!!! ~~ I just watched The Silver Season, where he acted as an extreme skier, he is amazing....xD
I totally agree with you about Eita! :thumleft: The ever reliable, underrated Eita....he deserves to play a main lead, even though he's great as a supporting actor. His castmates in Orange Days - Satoshi Tsumabuki and Narimiya Hiroki - have both played a number of lead roles in dramas and movies. It's high time for Eita's turn to step into the spotlight.

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Nov 24th, '08, 09:43

hanapyupyu wrote:
avieamber wrote:EITA....EITA.....EITA... :wub: He should get lead roles, considering how good he was in his past supporting roles. I don't want him to to be forever hidden behind some other big shot, just coz he's not some JE boy. He deserves MORE!!! ~~ I just watched The Silver Season, where he acted as an extreme skier, he is amazing....xD
I totally agree with you about Eita! :thumleft: The ever reliable, underrated Eita....he deserves to play a main lead, even though he's great as a supporting actor. His castmates in Orange Days - Satoshi Tsumabuki and Narimiya Hiroki - have both played a number of lead roles in dramas and movies. It's high time for Eita's turn to step into the spotlight.
I can't agree more!! Well, looks like he's going to be the lead role in Fuji TV monday 9pm slot this winter..Hope it's true...

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Nov 24th, '08, 11:29

flamethunder85 wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:
I can't agree more!! Well, looks like he's going to be the lead role in Fuji TV monday 9pm slot this winter..Hope it's true...
REALLY???!!! oh my...i hope it's true! :w00t: eita in a lead role, a MUST SEE!!!

snoopypal

Post by snoopypal » Nov 25th, '08, 02:20

Miho Shiraishi.

Loved her since Orange Days and Swing Girls (as the music teacher). Thought she might breakout after Orange Days and Hotman 2 but she seems to have become relegated as a secondary character. Yet even then, she manages to steal scenes like in her sadistic, opportunistic, HILARIOUS sex-kitten role in Densha Otoko.

She's got a unique look about her as well. I can see her in a more mature lead role like one of those romantic-comedy working woman plots. Would love to see her work with an actor like Abe Hiroshi!

More Miho!

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Nov 25th, '08, 03:01

i want to see Koide keisuke more, for me he is a great actor, he can be Goofy-Girly Masami in Nodame (actually i didnt realize it was him until last night when i re-watch Gokusen 2), or delinquent in Gokusen 2, or desperate Mikoshiba in Rookies, he is so great

nofsummer

Post by nofsummer » Nov 25th, '08, 03:51

plain_love wrote:i want to see Koide keisuke more, for me he is a great actor, he can be Goofy-Girly Masami in Nodame (actually i didnt realize it was him until last night when i re-watch Gokusen 2), or delinquent in Gokusen 2, or desperate Mikoshiba in Rookies, he is so great
He is!! :wub:
But he was a leading actor in Cyborg She(?) with Ayase.., Suppoerting role in Koizora.. So I think he is getting there soon. :thumright:

I want more Hiroki Narimiya. :-)

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Nov 25th, '08, 04:01

nofsummer wrote:I want more Hiroki Narimiya. :-)
oh yes, i also want him more, he already act in many good doramas, wonder why he never be a lead actor ?

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Nov 25th, '08, 04:58

plain_love wrote:
oh yes, i also want him more, he already act in many good doramas, wonder why he never be a lead actor ?
Narimiya was the lead character in the Jdorama version of the hit movie Be With You. I heard the ratings weren't that good.

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Dec 16th, '08, 20:37

hmm... no doubt.. that one of the best actor so far that I've watched and noticed is Yamada Takayuki.. he already played many lead roles, one of my faves are Taiyou no Uta, H2, and Waterboys...
He usually played the kind of good boy next door type but after watching Crows Zero, oh well.. He can really pull the role of a gangster.. hehehe... I just love watching him.. I haven't watched Crying out Love in the Center of the World and Densha Otoko movie... I've been planning to...I bet he's great since he won awards on those movies...

Oguri Shun is also a good actor, he can carry different roles from good guys to bad.. Starred in many dramas and movies also, my fave character of his are in Hana Yori Dango, Binbo Dashi, Densha Otoko and of course his bad boy images in Gokusen 2 and Crows Zero.. he's good...

AS for improving actors, i'll go for Haruma ang Takaki
you can see bright future for them.. they just don't have looks, but they have the Star Material to go with...

hehehe...

As for the girls.. hmmm.. i Love YUI, Erika Sawajiri and Ishihara Satomi...

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Dec 17th, '08, 05:35

To be honest, rather than see a bunch of younger actors/actresses take on leading roles, I'd rather see the established stars (particularly those that established themselves during the 90's and early 2000's) do more leading roles. Perhaps it's a salary/budget issue, and thus cannot be helped, but I have a feeling that most of the younger leading actors/actresses these days are not strong enough to pull an entire show. I think many of them need to take more time to brush up on their talent in supporting roles.

The declining quality in dramas these days (and yes, I know quality of entertainment is often a subjective issue--but I think many people feel this way) is not only attributed to poorly written scripts and lackluster direction and such, but also because of the weakness of the main cast members. Weak and/or young leads are more likely to get a weaker supporting cast, thus bringing down the overall level of production.

To be clear, I usually have a couple of series that I enjoy watching each season, and there definitely are good dramas even today. And I think some, though not all, of the young leading actors/actresses have pretty good potential. However, it just seems like many of them are thrown into the main position too early in their careers.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 17th, '08, 23:40

celticmoon wrote:To be honest, rather than see a bunch of younger actors/actresses take on leading roles, I'd rather see the established stars (particularly those that established themselves during the 90's and early 2000's) do more leading roles. Perhaps it's a salary/budget issue, and thus cannot be helped, but I have a feeling that most of the younger leading actors/actresses these days are not strong enough to pull an entire show. I think many of them need to take more time to brush up on their talent in supporting roles.
Oh yeah, there's this guy who I see in a quite a few dramas, grr wiki d addicts is being stupid >_< I'm not sure how long he's been acting but um, I remember seeing him having a lead role in this show called "Ashita no Kita Yoshio" (Kita Yoshio's Tomorrow) which I thought was a good show and I was amazed that he had a lead role.

And I would also like to see Naramiya Hiroki more! I've seen him in a bunch of stuff as a side character but not a main (unless I never heard of it before)

groink

Post by groink » Dec 18th, '08, 03:51

celticmoon wrote:To be honest, rather than see a bunch of younger actors/actresses take on leading roles, I'd rather see the established stars (particularly those that established themselves during the 90's and early 2000's) do more leading roles. Perhaps it's a salary/budget issue, and thus cannot be helped, but I have a feeling that most of the younger leading actors/actresses these days are not strong enough to pull an entire show. I think many of them need to take more time to brush up on their talent in supporting roles.
Totally agree. But actually, the younger artists get paid more than the mature artists. The more market-appealing the artist is re: advertising, the more yen he'll bring in. The only mature guys that can get away with the starring role in a Monday night Fuji-TV drama is Kimutaku and Fukuyama Masaharu. But that does not keep the mature artists out of television... It just places them in time slots that carry cheaper advertising rates. You find them among the dozens of "wide gekijo" shows.

Also, the problem here is that pairing a male with a female is several times more important today than it was 10 years ago. I particularly could care less about what male/female artist makes a good pair. But this seems very important for many others. So, in for a male or female to catch a lead role, it would help if these artists started working with each other off-camera and create the chemistry, rather than trying to create the chemistry in the recording studio. But with the lame-o talent agency system in-place, it is really difficult to do something like this.

--- groink

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Dec 18th, '08, 13:40

oh well.. it really depends on target market.. but you see.. they make more money on .. you know.. popularity also matters... :D

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 6th, '09, 17:12

Yamada Takayuki... bring him more... hehehe.. though he has a lot of dramas and movies already.

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Jan 6th, '09, 17:18

Fukuda Saki, she seems to have potential.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jan 6th, '09, 17:21

Kashiwabara Takashi

he played some leading roles before, but not much recently...

mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Jan 6th, '09, 17:58

I would like to see Oshinari Shugo as the lead ^____^ I really like his roles and even if they're side-characters (like in Yamada Taro or Maou) they always catch my attention so I'm curious to see him lead ^___^

bots

Post by bots » Jan 8th, '09, 05:50

Lifo wrote:Fukuda Saki, she seems to have potential.
I agree. She was great in LIFE and played an older and mature role in Daisuki! She is still pretty young though, but I can't wait to see her obtain a leading role!

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 13th, '09, 15:24

hanapyupyu wrote:
plain_love wrote:
Narimiya was the lead character in the Jdorama version of the hit movie Be With You. I heard the ratings weren't that good.
really? honto ni?

oh well.. I've watched BLoody Monday.. he looks different from way back in Gokusen times.. he looks hotter now that he is older.. OMG...

:wub:

loksun

Post by loksun » Jan 13th, '09, 15:38

My votes go to Eita and Mizukawa Asami.

Tukata

Post by Tukata » Jan 15th, '09, 07:32

IKUTA TOMA
I think he is good and ready to take the leading part.