Kou Shibasaki

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
EMTQueen

Kou Shibasaki

Post by EMTQueen » Jun 27th, '06, 08:30

I'm kind of surprised there isn't a thread on her yet. Oh, well. You want something done....

Anyway, I heart this chick. She seems to be so cool.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jun 27th, '06, 08:42

She's an amazing actress. But a bit stuck into the same kind of parts; like often with the japanese actresses. Interesting face, not pretty or beautiful but lot of charm.

PhilsterT

Post by PhilsterT » Jul 4th, '06, 04:36

Finally, somebody with class. I thought she was H - O - T in the movie GO; just outstanding.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Jul 4th, '06, 04:40

I think she is a good actress and hopefully, she will get back into the drama scene again soon.

I thought see was HOT in One Million Stars Fall from the Sky (although she was a dark character in it) and Orange Days :wub:

koryu

Post by koryu » Jul 4th, '06, 04:41

I think she's one of the most talented japanese actresses, her charm and her acting skills are just fantastic... maison the himiko was one of the best films I've ever seen... :wub:

PhilsterT

Post by PhilsterT » Jul 5th, '06, 04:52

Anyone have any hottie screen savers of her, I would like to put one up as my desktop. I find her so genuinely attractice and she doesn't posses that sell-out look.

ryo.saeba

Post by ryo.saeba » Jul 14th, '06, 22:55

yeah that would be nice !
BTW, does someone has some wallpapers of her ? cauz i can't find them pleaseeee !
Since Orange Days I've a crush on her ! ^^

november

Shibasaki Kou - where is she now?

Post by november » Sep 12th, '06, 21:31

I was curious, I watched Orange Days and that was amazing but I can't find any of Shibasaki Kou's other dramas except "One Million Stars Falling from the Sky." I don't know where to look, can anyone assist me? Thank you.

Nic
-ciao

Hero

Post by Hero » Sep 12th, '06, 22:06

raider73

Re: Shibasaki Kou - where is she now?

Post by raider73 » Sep 12th, '06, 22:07

november wrote:I was curious, I watched Orange Days and that was amazing but I can't find any of Shibasaki Kou's other dramas except "One Million Stars Falling from the Sky." I don't know where to look, can anyone assist me? Thank you.

Nic
-ciao
Next time, check out the drama wiki or jdorama.com. It wasn't that hard to find. Watch Good Luck!! It can be found at JTV website.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shibasaki_Kou

http://jdorama.com/artiste.1373.htm

november

Post by november » Sep 12th, '06, 23:19

raider73 wrote:
november wrote:I was curious, I watched Orange Days and that was amazing but I can't find any of Shibasaki Kou's other dramas except "One Million Stars Falling from the Sky." I don't know where to look, can anyone assist me? Thank you.

Nic
-ciao
Next time, check out the drama wiki or jdorama.com. It wasn't that hard to find. Watch Good Luck!! It can be found at JTV website.

I had already looked at the wiki and could only find "OMSFftS" and Orange Days I already had. I'll check out JTV. Thank you for the reply.

raider73

Post by raider73 » Sep 13th, '06, 00:37

november wrote:I had already looked at the wiki and could only find "OMSFftS" and Orange Days I already had. I'll check out JTV. Thank you for the reply.
Sorry, but your question definitely wasn't clear given the title of the post is "Shibasaki Kou - where is she now?" I thought you were asking about what other dramas she has appeared in and not where can you download other dramas w/ her in it.(other replyer thought the same as me).

BTW, if you need seeding for Good Luck!!, just pm me and I'll try to locate the DVD and help seed but there are 4 seeds right now.

http://jtv-tracker.clubbed.org/torrents ... v].torrent

november

Post by november » Sep 13th, '06, 03:05

Sorry guys I was really tired when I made the post. I just woke up now(my time settings are off for the board, it's 10:03 right now). I just woke up thinkin' I'm late for work......I hate when I do that lol. Anyhow I'm already downloadin' the show. If you want to seed knock yourself out but it's not necessary.

Nic
-ciao

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Sep 13th, '06, 03:26

I've actually been wondering myself for the past year what she's been up to. I know she did some movie about the end of "NIPPON" does anyone know anything else about her lately?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Sep 13th, '06, 04:38

For starters, you can find her in the existing thread that this is getting merged to... o_o;;;;
Please check the Index at the top of the forum before making a new topic...

Although she hasn't been in a lot of dramas in the past couple years, she's been busy...
I guess a lot of this work is really based on work she did last year, but so far this year:

She's starred in at least 3 movies released this year:
Kenchou no hoshi
Kiraware Matsuko no issei
Nippon chinbotsu aka Japan Sinking
with another movie scheduled to release next spring also in the works...

Released a couple singles: Kage, Invitation, and another untitled one scheduled to release this fall...

And she'll also be in another drama next season Dr Koto (sequel to the 2004 series)

Pretty busy... ^_^;;;

source: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9F%B4% ... 3%E3%82%A6

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Sep 13th, '06, 04:57

mizune wrote:For starters, you can find her in the existing thread that this is getting merged to... o_o;;;;

Although she hasn't been in a lot of dramas in the past couple years, she's been busy...
I guess a lot of this work is really based on work she did last year, but so far this year:

Kenchou no hoshi

Released a couple singles: Kage, Invitation, and another untitled one scheduled to release this fall...

And she'll also be in another drama next season Dr Koto (sequel to the 2004 series)

Pretty busy... ^_^;;;

Honto ni arigao gozaimasu, spent alot of time looking for information and gave up months ago. shes my favorite actress. Feeling great relief now. Will look up on that now.
honto ni arigato. sore ja

november

Post by november » Sep 13th, '06, 05:03

I think she's amazing. I watched Orange Days....finally, today and yesterday. It's an amazing show and she was really moving. The whole mini series was moving. I felt like a big p***y watchin' it, but whatever. I enjoyed it. I think one of my most favorite parts was at the end I almost died there.

Edit my bad, I wasn't even thinkin' of that. Thanks for pointing it out.
Last edited by november on Sep 13th, '06, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Sep 13th, '06, 13:46

november wrote:I think she's amazing. I watched Orange Days....finally, today and yesterday. It's an amazing show and she was really moving. The whole mini series was moving. I felt like a big p***y watchin' it, but whatever. I enjoyed it. I think one of my most favorite parts was at the end where she spoke again. I almost died there.
"favorite parts was at the ... where she ..... again" kind of a spoiler i think.
Last edited by itachi666 on Sep 14th, '06, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Sep 13th, '06, 20:37

And of course, the person pointing out the spoiler has kept the spoiler in their own post....

Not that I've been spoiled because I've seen OD numerous times now, but it's a little counterproductive to jump on somebody for a spoiler and you keep the spoiler in your own post.

november

Post by november » Sep 13th, '06, 21:02

EMTQueen wrote:And of course, the person pointing out the spoiler has kept the spoiler in their own post....

Not that I've been spoiled because I've seen OD numerous times now, but it's a little counterproductive to jump on somebody for a spoiler and you keep the spoiler in your own post.
I PM'ed him after I saw that so hopefully he'll change it

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Sep 14th, '06, 02:33

november wrote:
EMTQueen wrote:And of course, the person pointing out the spoiler has kept the spoiler in their own post....

lol there

myke

Post by myke » Sep 14th, '06, 03:13

itachi666 wrote:
mizune wrote:For starters, you can find her in the existing thread that this is getting merged to... o_o;;;;

Kenchou no hoshi

Pretty busy... ^_^;;;

Honto ni arigao gozaimasu, spent alot of time looking for information and gave up months ago. shes my favorite actress. Feeling great relief now. Will look up on that now.
honto ni arigato. sore ja
That interesting.... :lol .
i just realize that she did not apper in new drama ....

november

Post by november » Sep 14th, '06, 10:08

itachi666 wrote:
november wrote:

lol there
You needed to change it in the quote from me on the 2nd to last post of yours though, it's still there.

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 15th, '06, 07:01

Yea, Kou-san has been really busy focusing on her music and film career. I'm glad to see her back in a new drama. Has anyone seen the first Dr. Koto? Apparently, it won a good number of drama awards (including best series) but I don't see too much buzz about it on jdrama forums.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 15th, '06, 07:06

berserk wrote:Yea, Kou-san has been really busy focusing on her music and film career. I'm glad to see her back in a new drama. Has anyone seen the first Dr. Koto? Apparently, it won a good number of drama awards (including best series) but I don't see too much buzz about it on jdrama forums.
There' no pretty boys in it so nobody cares, as usual with the dramas buzz around here. :)

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Sep 15th, '06, 13:44

20centuryboy wrote:
berserk wrote:Yea, Kou-san has been really busy focusing on her music and film career. I'm glad to see her back in a new drama. Has anyone seen the first Dr. Koto? Apparently, it won a good number of drama awards (including best series) but I don't see too much buzz about it on jdrama forums.
There' no pretty boys in it so nobody cares, as usual with the dramas buzz around here. :)
I gave up on it at the first episode.

BonnY

Post by BonnY » Jan 8th, '07, 15:37

less of images...
Attachments
shibasaki_kou005.jpg
shibasaki_kou005.jpg (65.87 KiB) Viewed 3360 times

Enishi

Post by Enishi » Jan 9th, '07, 12:00

she acted in the new movie "The sinking of Japan" as well that was just released a month ago =)

baka_maki

Post by baka_maki » Jan 9th, '07, 12:32

Kou SHibasaki~this name sounded pretty familiar when i saw this post

i dont know too much of her but wasnt she the one in Battle Royale??
its this movie about students being killed off by Japan if they r rebels or something and its REALLY good,

sorry i think u all know this movie anywayz, (my knowledge and news about her is stil quite old) :|

but i found that she was really good at being her character in that movie, shes really good at acting coz she shows really good emotions, and since she plays such a bloody yet interesting character in the film, i gave lyk 50% of my attention to her during the whole film coz she did REAALY well in the movie

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Jan 11th, '07, 02:36

I can't wait to see her in her new movie, "Dororo" with Tsumabuki Satoshi. Kou is so cool. She does crazy so well. She was one of my favorite characters from Battle Royale. And she was an awesome character in Good Luck! And so impressive in Orange Days. I haven't had a chance to see a lot of her works, but i hope to in time.

Enishi

Post by Enishi » Jan 11th, '07, 11:09

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Apr 14th, '07, 17:44

I watched some of Good Luck!! Go and the Sinking of Japan, and I really couldn't see that she was the same girl from Orange Days (my fave). For some reason I thought the mute in Orange Days was very tall, but she seems really short in everything else. Funnily I recognized her as the Orange Days girl in Dr. Koto's Clinic (she seems tall again).

Anyway, I found this thread because I'm looking of a picture of that face she made in Good Luck!!, it's a weird face where she sticks out her tounge, pulls one eyelid down and it's just really weird. But for some reason I have the desire to see it one more time. hahah. Any one happen to have it/know what I'm talking about?
Last edited by ruisu on Apr 14th, '07, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.

Wuzixi

Post by Wuzixi » Apr 14th, '07, 17:49

I love her and her music she is amazing.

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Apr 14th, '07, 17:50

Her MUSIC? lol...wow, she's every where. Can you recommend a song?

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Apr 14th, '07, 18:00

the ever so famous katachi aru mono made famous by the drama Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Apr 14th, '07, 18:04

Thanks...man you avatar is RIDICULOUS hahahaah :lol

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Apr 14th, '07, 19:37

lol, i love it ^_~

Wuzixi

Post by Wuzixi » Apr 14th, '07, 19:46

ruisu wrote:Her MUSIC? lol...wow, she's every where. Can you recommend a song?
Well my favorite song of her is Kage. ;)

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Apr 14th, '07, 19:51

Kou Shibasaki is very talented!!! She's such a good actress as well as a great singer!!!! i luv her song Kage, at home, and invitation! you might have heard her sing invitation cause it's the opening song to the taiyou no uta drama

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 24th, '08, 21:21

raider73 wrote:

Nic
-ciao

What a wonderful voice she has!
Fell in love with "Kage" the first time I heard it in Byakuyakou.
(I'm looking for the piano scores for this song)
I'm born the same year as her, and almost the same birthday! :lol

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Aug 30th, '08, 16:14

Guys! There's a new song sung by Kou!

It's the theme song to Galileo (movie version)! It's pretty good! But then I've got like heaps of her cds...:lol

More details here

Ken Sanada

Kou Shibasaki

Post by Ken Sanada » Mar 2nd, '11, 03:22

The production announcement of movie '47RONIN' to which the Keanu Reeves starring Hollywood remade "Chushingura" was done in London on January 28 in local time.

It was clarified that Kou Shibasaki debuts Hollywood by this work.
This movie is open to the public in the winter of 2012.

The post that Shibasaki performs is Asano Takuminokami's daughter Mika who becomes love relations with original character Kay of a Japanese-English mixed blood that performs Keanu Reeves.

Other performers are Hiroyuki Sanada, Tadanobu Asano and Rinko Kikuchi,who are Japanese with abundant appearance experiences to overseas movies.

Hiroyuki Sanada who performed Kuranosuke Oishi said. "I am interested in how the story that every Japanese knows reaches people in the world . I think that it becomes a work that cuts the name to the history."

quandary

Re: Kou Shibasaki

Post by quandary » Mar 7th, '11, 14:32

[quote=Hiroyuki Sanada who performed Kuranosuke Oishi said. "I am interested in how the story that every Japanese knows reaches people in the world . I think that it becomes a work that cuts the name to the history."[/quote]

This story might be better known in the rest of the world than he suspects. The 1962 Inagaki version ran at a little theater in Berkeley California every night for four years during the 1970s. I saw it about every six months and when it came out on tape about 6 years ago, I bought my own copy. It's available on DVD now. One of the greatest films ever made. IMO. The classic tale of Japan.