Things I've Noticed from KDramas

Discuss Korean drama series here.
darkchaos696

Post by darkchaos696 » Aug 28th, '06, 03:58

amaranth wrote:Another one:

As the male lead, if you are in a position where you can clear a terrible misunderstanding with one simple sentence, by all means don't. Wait until the tearful-eyed girl leaves, then shake your head sadly and punch something (tree, table, wall) or throw something (empty mug, stacks of paper, 15" television).

(Sakari, your post is definitely one of the funniest I've ever read on D-addicts!)

So true. I can tell from your avatar (Summer Scent).

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 28th, '06, 09:10

i guess the "touch nose" thing is to ward off evil/bad luck.

coffee.san

Post by coffee.san » Aug 30th, '06, 05:58

OMG LMAO I just wrote 4 paragraphs and then clicked that ten commandments link
ALL THERE.
especially the cancer shoot xDDDDDD
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah *dies from laughter*

didia

Post by didia » Aug 30th, '06, 22:13

Most of my pet peeves with k dramas has already been posted...

You guys might not really care for this one, but i really hate it with they have closed mouth kisses and both characters look completely expressionless. I mean, for the first 15 or so episodes fans like me have to go through the torture of watching the main leads go through ALL kinds of obstacles. And when they finally get ttogether, their kiss totallty turns me off. BE MORE PASSIONATE!!!!!

xlaiwongbaox

Post by xlaiwongbaox » Aug 31st, '06, 02:40

didia wrote:Most of my pet peeves with k dramas has already been posted...

You guys might not really care for this one, but i really hate it with they have closed mouth kisses and both characters look completely expressionless. I mean, for the first 15 or so episodes fans like me have to go through the torture of watching the main leads go through ALL kinds of obstacles. And when they finally get ttogether, their kiss totallty turns me off. BE MORE PASSIONATE!!!!!
Full House!!!!
I was practically kicking myself at the end! WTH was that kiss? *sigh*

Also couples will only kiss each other once or twice in the whole drama... :blink

The main actress will faint or pass out causing the male lead to have to carry her to either the hospital, house or car. Loss of conciousness is usually due to illness or in Joo Rin's case drunkeness.
Last edited by xlaiwongbaox on Sep 1st, '06, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Sep 1st, '06, 08:41

i think in KR, passionate kissing is taboo, you must look like you don't enjoy it otherwise it might jeopardise any marriages in the future :blink

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Sep 1st, '06, 10:47

avexdevil wrote:i think in KR, passionate kissing is taboo, you must look like you don't enjoy it otherwise it might jeopardise any marriages in the future :blink

Oh My God ..

This Is Hilarious :w00t: ..

But That Didn't Stop Bi From A Couple Of Very Passionate Kisses In A Love To Kill (( For All Of U People Who Have Seen It ))

Reikonan

Post by Reikonan » Sep 2nd, '06, 05:02

howzitboy wrote: and, during the "fight" scenes, one guy will punch the other in the mouth. he will fall down, get up and punch the other in the mouth.
I think this is typical in all the dramas I've watched not only Kdramasa but also in English series. This is what you call retaliation.;)
why do they always drink liquor outta those tiny green bottles? dont they have them in a big size? and why does someone have to pour u a drink, then they expect u to pour them one? is that custom?
soju (the liquor in Korea) is packaged only in small bottles but it's alcohol level is like 21% so you will be really intoxicated with just one bottle. And yes, it's custom to pour drinks after you're finished. haha! Notice that they hold their elbows or rather, lower arm when pouring? it's because that was their custom too when they were still wearing hanbok.

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Sep 5th, '06, 05:25

howzitboy wrote:oops just noticed another thing. theres always a scene in the bathroom with someone brushing their teeth. guess thats how all those korean girls got such awesome smiles!
no the awsome smile is from their incredible plastic surgeon :)

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Sep 5th, '06, 05:28

chamber wrote:I don't know if you had this, but in almost every KDrama i' have watched either the male or female main character(or both) keep doing the whole pumping of both hands while saying "FIGHTING!!!". Must be a popular saying in korea
it's also popular in japan (atleats u gonna see it alot in anime). just their way of saying be strong, i guess lol, japanese/korean are very similar now that i've notice

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Sep 5th, '06, 05:31

nekokage wrote:Do you guys realize the characters ALWAYS think out loud? I guess it's to show what they're thinking... lol it kinda made me do it sometimes but it also made me look like some crazy person talking to myself.
talking to yourself is actually quite normal, and it's one of the thing that appears in most if not all culture, if u don't talk to yourself then you're not normal, i know it sounds wack, but the reason is people tend not to admit that they do talk to themselves, when in reality most of them do.

and if they don't do that in the drama how the hell are u gonna know what they're thinking :)

Vivagirl

Post by Vivagirl » Sep 5th, '06, 08:56

howzitboy wrote:another thing i see is someone licks their finger, touches tip of nose, licks finger touches nose??
what on earth does that mean ?
yeah i noticed this too... in mnikss... when samshik was stuck in the toilet w/o toilet paper... is it they are trying to make a choice or something?

chamber

Post by chamber » Sep 6th, '06, 13:33

I don't know if somebody posted this already but i've noticed that when someone in a drama does not want to answer his or her cell phone they keep taking the batteries of their cphones instead of just turning the phone off. I mean won't that do exactly the same thing and you wont have a loose battery everywhere

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Sep 6th, '06, 18:31

chamber wrote:I don't know if somebody posted this already but i've noticed that when someone in a drama does not want to answer his or her cell phone they keep taking the batteries of their cphones instead of just turning the phone off. I mean won't that do exactly the same thing and you wont have a loose battery everywhere
with my phone, if it rings once u open the flip , it answers so u cant turn off w/out the caller knowing.
but i really think they do it that way so u know they dont wanna talk to the person calling. if they just hit the power button, unless u know that phone, u wouldnt have a clue what they did.

eternal_dragon_666

Post by eternal_dragon_666 » Sep 7th, '06, 06:06

avexdevil wrote:i think in KR, passionate kissing is taboo, you must look like you don't enjoy it otherwise it might jeopardise any marriages in the future :blink
hehehe, very funny avexdevil.
As for the phone battery thing, I think it's just to emphasize the significance of not answering someone's (usually an ex) call. I guess it's to show the point of no return... although in reality, you could put the battery back in. :roll

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Sep 13th, '06, 18:10

i think the opposite. if they show they can kiss really good, more chance to get married!
from all the kisses ive seen, the best best was sam soon! wonder if she married? hmmm

tresarai

Post by tresarai » Sep 13th, '06, 18:32

xlaiwongbaox wrote:
didia wrote:Most of my pet peeves with k dramas has already been posted...

Full House!!!!
I was practically kicking myself at the end! WTH was that kiss? *sigh*

Also couples will only kiss each other once or twice in the whole drama... :blink

The main actress will faint or pass out causing the male lead to have to carry her to either the hospital, house or car. Loss of conciousness is usually due to illness or in Joo Rin's case drunkeness.
EH EH EH! DON'T YOU DARE SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT MY GIRL!!! it was the freakingly most funny and sweet kdrama i have seen as yet and there's nothing to complain about when it comes to the kissing scenes btw Joo You RIn and Seol Gong Chan Shii............ *starry eyed..remembers a certain episode where GOng chan shii said, "saranghae"...* awww...SOOO FREAKING DAMN PASSIONATE!

sweetlara

Post by sweetlara » Sep 27th, '06, 06:21

hey im new here...I kinda agree with most of the comments
Regarding the kissing part also noticed most of the dramas,kisses are kinda wholesome .
In all fairness..the kissing scene in Goong was pretty good...i can see they put an effort to make it more believable...I liked the kiss between CG & Shin Goon....it was long and very passionate

comment me:}

Ajah

Post by Ajah » Sep 27th, '06, 19:20

yeah taking the battery off the cell phone is so played in K dramas.....aside from that....omg i think about just every Kdrama Ive seen you're going to have a scene where the person calls to only get that automated voice..lol

oh another one thats in just about every Drama...the person calls the other person.."let's meet".....next thing you know they're at a cofee shop....

why not just talk over the phone..ahaha

nenusa

Post by nenusa » Sep 28th, '06, 15:23

notice that most oftentimes they sleep with their street clothes on and fully made up. they also catch fever so easily and the love interest will diligently wipe the forehead with wet towel, then the fever is gone as quickly as it started and he/she's very alert and not a bit lethargic after the fever, duh! yet i still love to watch kdramas despite knowing this open secret 'formula' coz i'm a sucker to it......lol!!! :goggle:

Spectr0

Post by Spectr0 » Sep 28th, '06, 15:45

Funniest thread I've read in this forum, I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said.

slider5

Post by slider5 » Sep 29th, '06, 19:04

One thing Ive noticed is that Koreans in Kdramas get sick easily :mrgreen: its like if they stay out in the cold for too long they are at deaths door the next day or in hospital.

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Sep 29th, '06, 19:48

more sillyness i noticed :

dads or grandpas dont always talk, they growl and make some strange noise when someone ask them something they dont wanna answer. and no one thinks it rude ... i should try that at work , growl, hrumph, growl..

when u have to walk past someone u dont like, u have to bump into them in their shoulder.. always. and when u have to find someone or youre depressed, every person who passes u on the street will bump into u.

when 2 chars are in the same area , they cant see each other unless they are right in front of each other or the knock something over to attract attention to them. they could be standing right next to each other and not notice each other.
Guess Korean actores would make terrible soldiers cuz they wouldnt notice the enemy unless they are right in front of u lol.

saintangel

Post by saintangel » Sep 29th, '06, 20:52

I just registered coz I want to post a reply ^^.
I wanna add 1 more thing, not sure if anybody mention yet

When the characters don't want to answer the cell phone, they will take battery out not simply press hang up button (I've seen in every KDramas) :P

jinxed4

Post by jinxed4 » Sep 30th, '06, 05:53

howzitboy wrote:
i think the opposite. if they show they can kiss really good, more chance to get married!
from all the kisses ive seen, the best best was sam soon! wonder if she married? hmmm
There is a really funny video on YouTube, it's an NG scene after one of Sam Soon (Kim Sun Ah)'s hot kisses with Jin Hyun (Hyun Bin) in the restaurant, and Hyun Bin's face got so red and hot that they had to stop and fan him while he covered his face with embarrassment! You could see his ears were also red. Haha! So cute!

I hate when everything climaxes to a kiss on the cheel or forehead. The first 5 or so Kdramas I watched were like that, so I thought that Korean culture is so conservative that they don't even kiss until they are married! (This is not true, right??)

eternal_dragon_666

Post by eternal_dragon_666 » Oct 4th, '06, 05:16

Has anyone noticed that the majority of cars appearing in kdramas are either:
1) BMW
2) Mercedes Benz
3) Hyundai lol
Absolutely no jcars at all.
Wonder when the Kia's gonna pop up... :roll

lolita637

Post by lolita637 » Oct 4th, '06, 18:33

:cheers: too funny, but this is why we love kdramas right?

also, rich guys always travel with men-in-black entourages especially when they're about to do something

pachinkogirl

Post by pachinkogirl » Oct 5th, '06, 23:54

sweetlara wrote:hey im new here...I kinda agree with most of the comments
Regarding the kissing part also noticed most of the dramas,kisses are kinda wholesome .
In all fairness..the kissing scene in Goong was pretty good...i can see they put an effort to make it more believable...I liked the kiss between CG & Shin Goon....it was long and very passionate

If you want good kissing scenes in Kdrama I'd recommend Save the Last Dance for Me. There was one scene with abit of tongue in it ... at least from what I could tell :P

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Oct 6th, '06, 18:08

LOL...this thread is hilarious! and oh so true..but despite all of these formulas, I'm still helplessly addicted to Kdrama...though yeah, alot of things get quite cliche, but eh, still a sucker for it. I want add something, wonder if someone already brought it up but here's another thing i noticed:

in Kdramas, korean moms are HELLA SCARY! omg..they will beat their kids with whatever is in their hands, even if that "kid" is fully grown up and in their 20s, they still cant get away from momma's whoopin'..lol (like in MNIKSS, Hyun Bin always got beat by his mom, even sam soon's mom beat him up..poor guy..lol it was hilarious though) and it seems they really like the head smack or something..in school settings and at home. that's how you knock some sense into your kids in korea i guess..lol...but dang, after watching these series, i do NOTwanna mess w/ any korean mommas..they're so tiny, yet so scary.

and yeah i agree, the kiss scenes are quite awkward, i think the best, most realistic kisses ever seen in a Kdrama is Sam Soon n Sam Shik's kiss in MNIKSS and Gong Chan n Yu Ri's kiss in My Girl. both had real passion...as for the kiss in Full House..boy, that was bad.

kurenai_19

Post by kurenai_19 » Oct 9th, '06, 00:25

eternal_dragon_666 wrote:Has anyone noticed that the majority of cars appearing in kdramas are either:
1) BMW
2) Mercedes Benz
3) Hyundai lol
Absolutely no jcars at all.
Wonder when the Kia's gonna pop up... :roll
maybe becos JDM cars are right hand drive that's why...........more practical to use natural left hand drive car as korea is left hand drive

eternal_dragon_666

Post by eternal_dragon_666 » Oct 9th, '06, 02:02

But, I'm sure there's japanese cars with left hand drive... I live in North America, so I drive a left hand drive car. I guess the shipping'd cost a handful, but so would importing European cars.

L u z

Post by L u z » Oct 9th, '06, 02:16

lol. that is so true. i've never really noticed this before.

kurenai_19

Post by kurenai_19 » Oct 9th, '06, 07:05

eternal_dragon_666 wrote:But, I'm sure there's japanese cars with left hand drive... I live in North America, so I drive a left hand drive car. I guess the shipping'd cost a handful, but so would importing European cars.
of course i know jap cars have left hand drive........but not JDM

purple73

Post by purple73 » Oct 11th, '06, 17:04

I can second most of the comments brought up, but the one that I can't stand the most are the kissing scenes. :glare:

I agree with sweetlara.
Most of the KDrama have very unnatural kissings, spoiling the whole atmosphere that was built up. I was rather surprised when I saw the kissing scene in Goong, it is a rare sight but it's great! :cheers: At least it's good enough to get the viewer to feel the emotions of CG and Shin Goon...

cho09

Post by cho09 » Oct 12th, '06, 02:55

lol!!! this is hilarious... many instances so true hahahhaa classic K drama!!!

cho09

Post by cho09 » Oct 12th, '06, 03:34

whats also very common is the inability for characters to explain the misunderstanding...

they'll get accused of something they are not guilty of... usually by someone they like.. then they'll go "oh mo! oh mo!" but cant say anything else other than that.. and let the other person continue scolding them while the evil character smirks at the side

cho09

Post by cho09 » Oct 12th, '06, 03:36

purple73 wrote:

I can second most of the comments brought up, but the one that I can't stand the most are the kissing scenes. :glare:

I agree with sweetlara.
Most of the KDrama have very unnatural kissings, spoiling the whole atmosphere that was built up. I was rather surprised when I saw the kissing scene in Goong, it is a rare sight but it's great! :cheers: At least it's good enough to get the viewer to feel the emotions of CG and Shin Goon...
a couple of good kissing scenes appear in save the last dance and really really like you... quite natural...

ssyc

Post by ssyc » Oct 14th, '06, 13:50

lol. so true :lol

Ajah

Post by Ajah » Oct 16th, '06, 14:07

oh! i just thought of another one....

the leads always have a sidekick of some sort wheter it be a sibling or a friend that gives him/her advice or to talk to about their problems...

sweetlara

Things i noticed in Kdrama

Post by sweetlara » Oct 16th, '06, 20:19

I also noticed that when they go somewhere (may it be a date) it's gotta to be the beach...nevermind that the weather is bad( so cold), and they frolic in the water and then the the guy carries the girl on his back....lol...
comment me :alcoholic: :cheers:

Sakari

Re: Things I've Noticed from KDramas

Post by Sakari » Nov 20th, '06, 17:00

Sakari wrote: 36, or Love Thy Sibling. It is all right to fall in love with your sister or brother, because that person will turn out not to be biologically related to you. Wait; not only is it all right; it is, in fact, a marvelous idea, because, this way, the two of you can be together from childhood till old age. Isn't that great? Isn't that, like, insanely beautiful?
Yes I'm trying to be sarcastic here. Frankly, I'm growing a bit weary of this incest stuff. It was probably One Fine Day that was too much for me. My impression was that the Gong Yoo character was supposed to come across as a hero of the drama; me, I found him just nauseating. Especially that fur-ball head of his.

qtbeautygirl

Post by qtbeautygirl » Nov 24th, '06, 20:03

Speaking of kissing. I notice that kdramas kissing scenes are improving. It all started or the first I have seen a real passionate kiss in a kdrama is on My Lovely Sam Soon. To name a few dramas by which I remember a good kissing scene are:

My Lovely Sam Soon
My Girl
A Love to Kill
Hello Teacher
Really Really Like You
Wedding
and more... (i can't remember the others ones....)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 24th, '06, 20:47

Sakari,
I am late to the ball..but I just read your first post and I laughed at it all.
Now I know that guys from Finland are.....

Very observant...Very intelligent..and really funny.

Regarding good kissing on screen in dramas.

Well the only good ones come from Jananese dramas and in particular from Takuya Kimura 8) . The most enjoyable scene was with him in 'Pride' when he kissed his leading lady sitting at his kitchen counter. So passionate and so real life feeling.

It even stopped the coffee machine perking on the counter. all very significant little signs being used by the director. :whistling:

Peggy

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Nov 25th, '06, 15:10

fateNdestiny wrote:Jung Ryu Won grew up in Australia, so she doesn't much of an accent. Lee Da Hae supposely grew up in Australia too, but I haven't heard her English so I don't know how good she is.
I've seen the video (some advertisement) where Da Hae unnie spoke in English. She's very fluent in English.

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Nov 26th, '06, 13:55

one thing I noticed in K-dramas is that the ending, most ofthe time, is unsatisfactory...if it ends happily, it is left hanging or unsatisfactory...it's like u wanna pull ur hair out.

bean

Post by bean » Nov 27th, '06, 07:04

The kissing scenes i like most wuold be goong, u will love it, definetely..
My girl also not bad..

If u all have see tvb drama before then u all will feel that kdrama kissing scenes is MUCH more better,...true.. :P

BTW, i agree wit the author, korea drama have a lot of coinsidence that would never happen in real life, but still i very enjoy to watch it since it kind of fairy tale which i can dream for a while... :cheers:

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Dec 6th, '06, 09:36

Sakari wrote: 37, or My Brother Is a Retard. If your brother is a real (blood-related) one, he is a lazy, stupid, irresponsible bum who exists by leeching off you. He's not even handsome.
Recently seen examples... Kim Ha-neul's brother in Stained Glass. Jeong Da-bin's brother in Attic Cat. Lee Bo-yeong's brother in Mr. Goodbye. Ha Ji-won's brother in What Happened in Bali.

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Dec 6th, '06, 11:56

Sakari wrote:Here is a small collection of things that seem to recur in KDramas. Don't take it too seriously - I adore KDramas...

8. If you hit your head in a traffic accident, you might lose your memory. But don't worry, you will get it back when you hit your head a second time.

10. Rich people live in mansions surrounded by brick walls, while everybody else lives in shacks atop high buildings in downtown Seoul, or in hillside slums on the outskirts of the city.

17. If a relative of yours (or your spouse's) is involved in a fight, it's you who must pay compensation to the other people involved. That's because the relative has no money. Well, neither have you, but you can always get a lousy, demeaning part-time job, can't you?

21. If a character says something like "I will take you away from him/her", then no, he/she won't. That's because it's already too late for that kind of talk. However, the character will only realize this in the final episode of the series.

23. Taxis in KDramas are free; that is, once you arrive at your destination, you can step out and be on your way without paying the driver anything. In contrast, nobody gets on a KDrama bus without paying the fare.

29. Characters swill soju (comes in small green bottles) under an awning on a downtown sidewalk.

30. Arranged-marriage meetings never work out. That is, there is always something seriously wrong about the guys/girls your mother digs up somewhere.

31, or Curse of the Unattended Cellphone. If you leave your cellphone unattended, it will ring, and somebody else will answer. This will be the one person who should not answer the call.

32, or Men in Black. Although beating up people must be against South Korean law, men obeying a certain dress code (black suit, white shirt, no necktie) seem to be free to go around doing so.

37, or My Brother Is a Retard. If your brother is a real (blood-related) one, he is a lazy, stupid, irresponsible bum who exists by leeching off you. He's not even handsome.
soo true in What Happend in Bali :salut: :salut:
love this sub.

cees

Post by cees » Dec 6th, '06, 12:25

it seems that everything Sakari said is true.............lolz...................but still i like k-dramas

rika-ika

Post by rika-ika » Dec 6th, '06, 13:19

About the cars. It doesn´t count where the cars come from the can be both left or right hand drive. Otherwise the should be a problem driving cars form japan, korea, china in europe and there are many toyota, mitsubishi, honda and so on in germany for example.

There´s something nobody has written, when character A and B are deeply in love there´s at least on character C who goes to A or B saying something like "You owe me to break up with him" or " If you to continue, there will be many people getting hurt, you have to split up. I´ll take good care of A/B" And the even if it´s their one and only love they brake up, divorce and swear to never met again.
Character C doesn´t even have to be a good friend, no it can be ANYBODY.
In the following of course nobody will be happy until A and B are together again....

babybung

Post by babybung » Dec 7th, '06, 05:00

i realized that in kdrama, the characters does work in the office or some place but you would never see them working like a normal person does. instead, they are able to go out or take a break as much as they want and wouldn't get fired.

also, all the characters work in the same place. for instance, SMILE AGAIN! lol they all work in one company. lol

ohhhhhhh and they always have ramen. i never heard them sai "i want some rice" lol

mog08

Post by mog08 » Dec 7th, '06, 21:51

There's just one thing that recur in K-dramas that i found. Showers and baths. it's as if the producers have an obligation to promote health publicly. or the actors get higher pay.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Dec 8th, '06, 17:53

i don't know if this have been posted already. :lol

one thing i observed in korean dramas is the lead actor/ actress drinks so much. whenever there is a problem the lead always drink wine in a bar or somewhere and he/she is joined by his/her bestfriend. then he would collapse along the way because he was too drunk and the bestfriend would bring the lead home. i don't know what they want to promote that drinking is ok or that koreans are drunkards. no offense with this one. just an observation.

another is somebody always has to die. car accident or a terminal disease usually cancer. as if there is no way for that person to think that there is no hope or to get treatment. they rather die and not get treatment. also i observe those people are the healthiest looking dying people.

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Dec 8th, '06, 17:59

another problem i see in Korea is if u get sick and dont have money, the hospitals will let u die instead of trying to help you out. U have to pay NOW!! dont anyone have insurance there?

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Dec 8th, '06, 18:38

As an ex- medical insurance agent, I can tell you that it's not just in Korea that patients are denied life-saving treatment because of lack of funds. You think my pro-subber rants are intense, don't get me started on medical insurance.....

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Dec 9th, '06, 00:54

Lol Sakari....really nice post. I actually read this several months ago and found it funny back then, but now that I've seen more k-dramas, I find it even funnier! :thumright:

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Dec 9th, '06, 09:14

and one more thing
the girl ALWAYS falls for the guy ALWAYS ; the girl now that he loves the dude but he thinks he might have feelings for her

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Dec 9th, '06, 17:33

chomania1986 wrote:Don't know if someone has already said it:

For every frickin' illness, they go the hospital! (mostly b/c they faint...why do they always faint..???)
then the other person runs like a frickin' psycho, thinkking that the person is gonna die or something..
MWAH HAHA HAH! That post gave me great laught xD

Anyways. Have you noticed that they always wear different clothes and all the clothes look new? They never wear same clothes twice but they do wear same shoes!

Also there is always this FRAKING first love. It gives me teh picture that first love for Korean ppl is something invincible. If soem guy told me I´m his first love at age 22+ I´d find it rather strange.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Dec 9th, '06, 17:41

Hmm... I still remember my first love, and that was almost 30 years ago. Wonder what she's doing now...

One of the most annoying things I've seen in Kdramas would have to be in the obvious errors in scene changes. How many times has someone been drinking, in a conversation, whatever, late at night, then a scene pops up that's supposed to be at the same time and it's noonday sun time, and then it's back to the bar or whatever and it's night again?
Ranks right up there with microphone head to me.....

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Dec 10th, '06, 02:55

For every frickin' illness, they go the hospital! (mostly b/c they faint...why do they always faint..???)
then the other person runs like a frickin' psycho, thinkking that the person is gonna die or something..
LOL so true so true :mrgreen:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Dec 10th, '06, 04:19

AzNightDreams wrote:

LOL so true so true :mrgreen:
Yes, except in Kdramas, they have the annoying habit of really dying on the show.

Don't remember the last time I ended up with a 104 degree fever and double pneumonia with a little anemia on the side just because my damn shirt got a little wet....

Hmm... Song Hye Gyo and Kim Tae Hee in wet T-shirts? Yum!!!!!! :P

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Dec 17th, '06, 07:04

Sakari wrote:
39. One character buys another a cellphone.
Recently seen examples... Kim Rae-won in Which Star Are You from. Jeong Woong-in in Rude Women. Han Ji-hye and Im Jeong-eun in Cloud Stairway. Oh Ji-ho in Fantasy Couple.

It hasn't come up in Jumong. But I've only seen 20 episodes.

Moriya

Post by Moriya » Dec 17th, '06, 08:18

41. In most of kdrama they always use "Aja Aja!!, Fighting"

:P
Last edited by Moriya on Dec 22nd, '06, 04:51, edited 1 time in total.

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Dec 17th, '06, 11:16

very true...hahahha

Nhr

Post by Nhr » Dec 18th, '06, 02:56

everyone, even though piss poor, can afford to drink his brain out in local pubs after a frustrating event.
I really would like to know how this works!

I haven't watches many kdramas yet and therefore have question:
Is it common that the male lead beats up a bunch of guys all alone who thread his woman?

wk1168

Post by wk1168 » Dec 19th, '06, 09:45

---------
3. One character, A, is flying out and another one, B, rushes to the airport to catch him or her. In spite of both having cellphones, B does not call A to find out A's whereabouts, but, instead, runs around frantically (looking for A). This will normally give A enough time to board before being caught by B.
----------

this one happened in My Girl

shermy

Post by shermy » Dec 20th, '06, 17:15

Haha... how true!!! :lol

Vivagirl

Post by Vivagirl » Dec 21st, '06, 16:26

i wonder if this is relevant to this topic... when someone comes out of a police station or a prison... they are given tofu to eat... something like a walk over a fire to ward off all the bad luck....

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Dec 21st, '06, 16:44

wk1168 wrote:---------
3. One character, A, is flying out and another one, B, rushes to the airport to catch him or her. In spite of both having cellphones, B does not call A to find out A's whereabouts, but, instead, runs around frantically (looking for A). This will normally give A enough time to board before being caught by B.
----------

this one happened in My Girl
:salut: bingo you got it right. A and B would probably walking towards each other (soo close) and they wouldnt even notice. so near yet so far..lolz~ and this is quite exasperating. bwahaha

fmi

Post by fmi » Dec 21st, '06, 20:01

sp4078 wrote:
fateNdestiny wrote:Add this to the list,
Korean mothers are extremely abusive. They don't just hit their kids, they BEAT UP their kids with brooms, purses, and anything that they can get their hand on at the time. It doesn't matter that their children are now 30+ years old, they still get a beating for being annoying.

Example: My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Super Rookie, My Sassy Girl, etc....
I bet you're not Asian, or else you wasn't born in Asia.
Haha...so true! Man, my mom used to beat me silly with whatever at head; shoes, books, brooms--even cucumber!

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Dec 28th, '06, 09:09

The Guy and the Girl that meet in the weirdest way end up together.

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Jan 1st, '07, 20:56

Sakari wrote: 1. Somebody gets into the water (pool, ocean, ...) with their clothes on.
This comes up surprisingly often. Some examples...

Song Yoon-ah in Hotelier. Ahn Jae-wook and Park Seon-yeong in Oh! Pil-seung, Bong Soon-yeong. So Ji-sub, Jeong Kyeong-ho, and Seo Ji-yeong in Sorry, I Love You. Lee Na-young in Ireland. Kim Jeong-eun and Park Shin-yang in Lovers in Paris. Ha Ji-won in What Happened in Bali. Uhm Jung-hwa and Kim Nam-jin in Tropical Nights in December. Bi/Rain in A Love to Kill. Ko Soo and Lee Jong-hyuk in Green Rose. Han Ji-min and Lee Yeon-hee in Resurrection. Nam Sang-mi in Bad Family. Gong Yoo in One Fine Day. Lee Dong-geon and Lee Jin-wook in Smile Again. Lee Seong-jae and Kim Min-jeong in Stranger than Heaven. Han Ye-seul and Oh Ji-ho in Fantasy Couple.

gabbypalacios

Post by gabbypalacios » Jan 1st, '07, 21:12

Wonderfully put! Two thumbs up! However, i love Kdramas, despite all of these predictable things. :P

hasenzahn

Post by hasenzahn » Jan 1st, '07, 21:44

The beautiful guys got more make-up on than the girls :P.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 2nd, '07, 00:43

Sakari wrote:
Sakari wrote: 1. Somebody gets into the water (pool, ocean, ...) with their clothes on.
This comes up surprisingly often. Some examples...

Song Yoon-ah in Hotelier. Ahn Jae-wook and Park Seon-yeong in Oh! Pil-seung, Bong Soon-yeong. So Ji-sub, Jeong Kyeong-ho, and Seo Ji-yeong in Sorry, I Love You. Lee Na-young in Ireland. Kim Jeong-eun and Park Shin-yang in Lovers in Paris. Ha Ji-won in What Happened in Bali. Uhm Jung-hwa and Kim Nam-jin in Tropical Nights in December. Bi/Rain in A Love to Kill. Ko Soo and Lee Jong-hyuk in Green Rose. Han Ji-min and Lee Yeon-hee in Resurrection. Nam Sang-mi in Bad Family. Gong Yoo in One Fine Day. Lee Dong-geon and Lee Jin-wook in Smile Again. Lee Seong-jae and Kim Min-jeong in Stranger than Heaven. Han Ye-seul and Oh Ji-ho in Fantasy Couple.
I haven't even seen many, but I'm fairly certain you've missed a few :)

SSH's fiance in Autumn Tale and KTH in Stairway to Heaven. Both apparently were in the water as a suicide attempt lol!