Do you allow a kiss on your first date?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
freerose

Post by freerose » Aug 30th, '06, 19:10

I think this question sound like for the girls.
Well Girl! What is your response?
This question might be for the guy too. I'm sorry.
For the guy out there, do you wish to kiss the girls on the first date?
What kind of kiss do you wish to kiss the girl? A gentle kiss Or……

valory

Post by valory » Aug 30th, '06, 19:25

hell...I don't even need a first date :P

Crono

Post by Crono » Aug 30th, '06, 20:11

I would allow it, but im not very sure
what the girl would want. So it'd be kind of a confusing choice to make.

MinaPi

Post by MinaPi » Aug 31st, '06, 13:15

I did so some times..but after those kisses, the relationship took only a few weeks.
I had a date two weeks ago and my bf was allowed to kiss me only on the cheek!
so he doesn´t make stupid thinks of me. I think it´s because I didn´t allow him to kiss me on my lips.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Sep 3rd, '06, 05:41

why freerose, are you dying of wanting to kiss somebody, but not so sure if you'll do the right thing? you don't give us your answer to that subject....any way it's gross to kiss somebody you really don't know yet....where has his mouth been for the last 24 hours? :unsure: :lol.... then there's the kiss of death and kiss of life, which one do you want to recieve or give? :lol....sorry, just being silly here :lol....

f2tsky

Post by f2tsky » Sep 3rd, '06, 19:30

i wouldn't allow a kiss on my first date because i wouldn't want someone i didn't know very well to get close to me physically without getting to know who i am first. But maybe if it was a first date with somebody i knew for a while and had a crush on for a long time then..~~~ ehe..i might let what i say slide just a bit~ :roll :D

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Sep 3rd, '06, 19:45

Really, this depends on how old you are... When you're over 40 you should hop into the sack together as soon as possible, because you aren't gonna get any younger.

Iwannaqu

Post by Iwannaqu » Sep 3rd, '06, 19:54

[deleted post]
Last edited by Iwannaqu on Jan 24th, '11, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.

docipain

Post by docipain » Sep 5th, '06, 02:12

hmm actually i wouldn't allowed....but sometimes...things happen that shouldn't happen :crazy:
and...it happened to me...so it's not impossible anymore for me XD

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Sep 5th, '06, 02:22

not at all...puh leasee...i wouldnt giving my instrument easily..

groink

Post by groink » Sep 5th, '06, 02:32

Kissing... on a first date? Like this?

[img]http://www.groinkcaps.com/daddicts/kissing_butt.jpg[/img]

--- groink

darkrazor

Post by darkrazor » Sep 5th, '06, 05:58

hmmm it depends on your relationship or current status when you have your first date... strangers, friends, close friends or what? right? hehe
it is very shameful if you tried to kiss and get slapped, but i think guys would like to kiss their dates, it depends on how they manage to .. umm make their date agree on that.. hahaha :P

eturny

Post by eturny » Sep 5th, '06, 06:47

Nope, exception to a quick kiss on the cheek--as old-fashion as that sounds. I am not into those fast advancements. Don't have the patience for the developments, then you ain't really worth keeping.

valory

Post by valory » Sep 5th, '06, 14:41

wai_muna wrote:not at all...puh leasee...i wouldnt giving my instrument easily..
giving your instrument? :crazy: are we still talking about kissing? If so, I sincerely wonder what it is that you keep in your 'toolbox'? :P

BTW. to docipain.
what does 'docipain' stand for? Right now, I can't seem to get rid of reading it as a portmanteau for 'docile' and 'pain' possibly meaning either somekind of masochistic behavior or an anti-depressant drug. Please fill me in here. :scratch:

boobookitty

it's a feeling you get.....

Post by boobookitty » Sep 5th, '06, 14:51

I think the situation and the person you are with will determine this. People will give subtle clues ( or not so subtle) of the behavior that they want or don't want.

For me, I am flexible if it happens, it happens. I am not certain that going into a date with preconcieved notions is a good thing. After all, if you say you won't, but then REALLY decide you want to....now you're stuck in a dilemma.

Although, sometimes boundries are a good thing....if the feeling is coming off pretty strong from both of you....a first date kiss isn't the worst thing that could happen.

I kissed my wife on the first date ( she was going back to Japan the next day and I didn't know if I would get another chance !! ) and here we are still married and just had our 8th anniversary.

What I'm saying is....be flexible.

waqar

Post by waqar » Sep 6th, '06, 16:07

Hi,

I kiss my gf when we went out for like 30-40 dates, who is now my wife :wub: (we recently got married and holding customary in NOV 2006, every one is invited 8)).

I think as asian i have different family values as compare to American or Europen and i think one have to give some time to understand each other before start smooching around :unsure: .

I believe you only treasure importance of something when you earn it with trust and hardwork not just on first day of your date :blink .

boobookitty

huh?

Post by boobookitty » Sep 8th, '06, 14:26

What do you mean asians have a different value system?? And you only value something if you wait for it??? :w00t: :goggle:

I'm Chinese and my wife is Japanese. How much more asian do you get?!? As for how precious to me she is; I would do anything or kill anyone or even die for her and my daughter. :wub:

I am certain your statement was not meant this way, but don't assume because we knew on the first date something special was happening between us, that those feelings are not strong. Ever hear of love at first sight?

Kissing on the first date should be fine if both of think it is good. Life is too short to waste. ( This doesn't mean jump in bed with anybody at anytime!! ) But when it's right....... :heart:

By the way......Congratulations on your marriage! Very cool thing.

waqar

Post by waqar » Sep 8th, '06, 15:08

I appologize for some misunderstanding here, but i don't mean to hurt.

valory

Re: huh?

Post by valory » Sep 8th, '06, 17:33

boobookitty wrote:As for how precious to me she is; I would do anything or kill anyone or even die for her and my daughter. :wub:
I totally understand your feelings for your wife and daughter. I feel the same about my crystal meth.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 8th, '06, 17:40

valory wrote:
boobookitty wrote:As for how precious to me she is; I would do anything or kill anyone or even die for her and my daughter. :wub:
I totally understand your feelings for your wife and daughter. I feel the same about my crystal meth.
huh??? im confused. :goggle: i know thats often, but im really confused this time.

valory

Post by valory » Sep 8th, '06, 18:02

nikochanr3 wrote:
valory wrote:
huh??? im confused. :goggle: i know thats often, but im really confused this time.
niko, please allow me to de-fuse you :P
I was just trying to find a subtle way to point out this SCARY quality of love. I mean, these kind of utterances totally freak me out. Dying for your spouse or children, I can still forgive as a token of love, but 'killing ANYONE', crosses the line for me. Then were just stepping out of the love-bus straight into the kookoo-train heading for nutcase-village.
Addict behavior. Hence the drug reference.

snowangel414

Post by snowangel414 » Sep 8th, '06, 18:52

you would want to entice the guy.. if i were you, I wouldn't allow the first kiss on the 1st date. Even to a guy I like, I would let him wait until the 2nd/3rd date then allow him to kiss on the cheek. If indeed you know that he likes you alot and you do the same then a kiss on the cheek or the forehead on the 1st date is ok.

meotsuburu

Post by meotsuburu » Sep 12th, '06, 07:30

It is kind of silly having to set up a numbered rule for dating. It amounts to one's insecurity to trust their own instincts, that they have to formulate or borrow someone else's rules. If there is chemistry, then both would surely know.

Self-confidence is really important. If you play a numbers game, you might not even make it to date #2.

sweetdreams1891

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Nov 24th, '06, 06:25

well...i dont think its so much of "allowing" yourself to kiss your partner on the first date...i think its more of how comfortable you feel around them. I mean if this is the first date, a kiss would be appropriate if you feel like you're really in love and you feel comfortable with the person. However, i really dont think you should kiss someone just because you feel that you are "suppose" to kiss on a date...or that a date is "suppose" to end with a kiss goodnight or something. -sighh- But what do i really know? Im fifteen years old and have never gone on a date in my life :P .

heun

Post by heun » Dec 7th, '06, 03:03

i wouldnt mind...it would be nice to get to kiss your date on the first time. ...but it also depend if they are conservative or like how secure they are. because you dont want to blow it, in the last second XD... but anyhow just to be safe, just hug your date XD... but just try to follow your heart do what you got to do

sarten

Post by sarten » Dec 30th, '06, 01:00

sarten would kiss anyone on the first date if the other person has nice teeth and didn't eat onion before :D
sarten is tooooo open minded haha

Phearsome

Post by Phearsome » Jan 1st, '07, 07:54

valory wrote:hell...I don't even need a first date :P
my kind of lady :P

well girls who really like you wouldn't turn their heads now would they? Unless you do it in public while daylight. Gotta be near her house and at night.

xbabygmonsterx

Post by xbabygmonsterx » Jan 5th, '07, 05:57

heeeeecks no. I'm rather conservative when it comes to dating. I've only kissed two guys before. the first was eh a few years back or okay two years back lol. It was after 2 weeks of dating and everything felt rushed and I was uncomfy and didn't like it. It didn't last too long either -_- only about 2 weeks after that.My current boyfriend and I've been dating for 2 years and it took about 4 months to get kissing. or okay it was one weekend of kissing and then there was like shyness on my part and I didn't kiss him for like a week after that hahaaha. I like the slower paced relationships I guess :)

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Jan 14th, '07, 19:39

8) YES

Auty
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Auty » Jan 16th, '07, 06:39

nope.

lay4ever

Post by lay4ever » Jan 16th, '07, 22:15

no I dont think so..have to know the guy better :)

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 16th, '07, 22:19

.. i kissed my guy 3 minutes after he asked me out on new years eve :)

MatsuJunlover

Post by MatsuJunlover » Jan 21st, '07, 01:46

To me it depends....sometimes you can have great chemistry with a person, other times you want to get to know them much better So to me it depends on the guy, sometimes it feels like you've known them forever and it makes kissing them easy, other times you just need to take a second glance and get to know them better...

so yeah...depends for me

deshou

Post by deshou » Jan 21st, '07, 02:49

Think its very hard to say, it depends on many aspects, really.. Not just how long uve known eachother, but also if u really love eachother, the mood, the moment..

As for me its strange, cause it could be easier to kiss for fun someone Im not really in love with, just for the heck of it, than someone I really like. Thats probably because then Im nervous and too aware of every little thing and so it doesnt flow naturally :unsure: What I mean is, it will depend on how natural and comfortable it feels when u are together, no matter if a 1st date or not

MatsuJunlover

Post by MatsuJunlover » Jan 21st, '07, 05:32

I agree

ouss

Post by ouss » Jan 21st, '07, 10:16

Most of the girls i kissed them, were before dating them.
why? it depends, once i was drunk , i kissed a girl and said that i love her (but it was half true), then she responded by a kiss. i didnt expect that she ll fall in love with me. after dating her many times, i explained to her my true feelings and asked to break up. (after reading this ,girls will say now that i m a bastard...:()
the other girls i kissed, and dated them or not after.
actually i have never kissed a girl that i really love her...i acted romantic with each girl i dated and i hated doing it because i felt i was fake and she never notices that.
what kind? gentle at first.
do you wish to kiss the girls on the first date?
no, i d prefer after two or three dates at the perfect moment like in a movie or drama (lol in jdrama , i have to watch at least 6 or 8 ep so that the first kiss occurs!). :D

MatsuJunlover

Post by MatsuJunlover » Jan 21st, '07, 15:10

Well i wouldn't really call that being a bastard....i've kind of done that to guys before. Usually they kiss me and I half heartedly kiss back...but to me as kiss doesn't mean a lot unless you're really in love with the person and I can safely say...I wasn't in love with them.

I too would like the moment to be special, and it to be the right person, and I think you just know if the person is the right person.

mun78

Post by mun78 » Jan 22nd, '07, 00:47

I allow sex on the first date lol, joking lol. Really, it's whatever works.

MatsuJunlover

Post by MatsuJunlover » Jan 22nd, '07, 01:16

*nods* you might do something with one person and not do that same thing with a different person...it just depends....

phramc

Post by phramc » Jan 22nd, '07, 02:59

It kind of depends. If it was someone I wasn't very familiar with then probably not. I think kisses aren't something to just throw out. If it was someone that I'd known awhile and really liked of course. I'd rather wait a couple dates before we started kissing though. I mean there's no need to rush things. The world isn't going to come to an end tomorrow. :-)

deshou

Post by deshou » Jan 24th, '07, 02:51

phramc wrote:It kind of depends. If it was someone I wasn't very familiar with then probably not. I think kisses aren't something to just throw out. If it was someone that I'd known awhile and really liked of course. I'd rather wait a couple dates before we started kissing though. I mean there's no need to rush things. The world isn't going to come to an end tomorrow. :-)

Why leave for tomorrow the fun u can have today?? :lol kidding. I just have little self discipline..
Know u were serious though.

MatsuJunlover

Post by MatsuJunlover » Jan 25th, '07, 05:56

i would hope the world wasn't going to end tomorrow... :P and if it were....ummm kissing on a first date would be the last thing on my mind :P :P :P

Phearsome

Post by Phearsome » Jan 25th, '07, 06:49

MatsuJunlover wrote:i would hope the world wasn't going to end tomorrow... :P and if it were....ummm kissing on a first date would be the last thing on my mind :P :P :P
What would be the first? :blink waching Jdramas together of curse same here.

phramc

Post by phramc » Jan 26th, '07, 01:53

bahaha I'm never serious. :D

haha I'm not sure kissing would be on my mind either unless it was Jun Matsumoto or Akanishi jin. :wub:

MatsuJunlover

Post by MatsuJunlover » Jan 26th, '07, 05:23

I call dibbs on Jun....i don't know who the other guy is...so you can have him

deshou

Post by deshou » Jan 26th, '07, 05:44

MatsuJunlover wrote:i would hope the world wasn't going to end tomorrow... :P and if it were....ummm kissing on a first date would be the last thing on my mind :P :P :P
Well, yeah, guess if you knew the world was gonna end tomorrow you wouldnt even be on a first [and last] date :D Who knows

As a Matsu Jun fan u probably watched Gokusen, right? Akanishi Jin was in Gokusen 2, along with Kazuya :-)

thislove

Post by thislove » Jan 26th, '07, 05:44

Hmm...kiss on a first date is too fast so I would want to wait it out.

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Jan 26th, '07, 06:01

On first date? Most certainly not. :blink If not, then, how many dates would it take me to allow a kiss to happen? It depends. I'm not that kind of person who take such a move or even permit that move from another person. But hey, I could be flexible IF I WANT to yet I take this serious as much as it should be. :P I want to have the feeling that I'm being pursued than having the sense of lusting/being lusted.

Phearsome

Post by Phearsome » Jan 26th, '07, 07:29

Im too shy to talk to girls, My dates are usually following them and taking notes on what they wear. It usually ends when they enter their houses so i don't get a chance to kiss :blink :blink :blink :blink :lol :lol
hahaha

MatsuJunlover

Post by MatsuJunlover » Jan 26th, '07, 08:28

I giggle a lot when i'm nervous....

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jan 31st, '07, 19:34

XD

I didn't let him kiss me on the first date :P

He had to wait for 3 days :P

Johnny Rainbow

Post by Johnny Rainbow » Jan 31st, '07, 19:46

On a first date? Sure, depending on how well the date goes. If they never kissed before and are wary then I'll be willing to wait, though I've rarely dated folks who've never kissed anyone before.

LuckyCharms

Post by LuckyCharms » Feb 2nd, '07, 22:08

Hmmm if the date is going really well then I would say yes. Usually I am not the type of person to get physical with someone right away. But with my current boyfriend we did a lot more than kiss on the first date... ooops!!!! Oh well I guess it worked out so it doesn't matter now.

Le_Muse
Location: California (because we practically are our own country^^)

Post by Le_Muse » Feb 2nd, '07, 22:19

It really just depends on personalities to tell you the truth. I mean if you are both extremely nervous on the first date, it may take a while to lead up to kissing. If there is a strong attraction and you both seem up for it, there really is no problem to kissing on the first date.
I feel that there really is no rule against kissing on a first date if it goes extremely well.
Just don't let a guy jump on you because that really isn't fair. If he asks or gives the initiative and you want to as well, then go ahead. If he starts kissing you and you were not prepared for it, it kind of can be intrusive and scary. Don't let first dates do that to you. You have to gain more trust from the guy before letting him suprise you like that in my opinion.

deshou

Post by deshou » Feb 2nd, '07, 23:43

Le_Muse wrote:It really just depends on personalities to tell you the truth. I mean if you are both extremely nervous on the first date, it may take a while to lead up to kissing. If there is a strong attraction and you both seem up for it, there really is no problem to kissing on the first date.
I feel that there really is no rule against kissing on a first date if it goes extremely well.
Just don't let a guy jump on you because that really isn't fair. If he asks or gives the initiative and you want to as well, then go ahead. If he starts kissing you and you were not prepared for it, it kind of can be intrusive and scary. Don't let first dates do that to you. You have to gain more trust from the guy before letting him suprise you like that in my opinion.
I agree with what you said. Just wanna add, if you are not up for it, don't let a guy nor a girl jump on you, because it isn't fair either. Thats because sometimes girls are the ones who make the first move.

StarDust

Post by StarDust » Feb 5th, '07, 16:10

It depends on the situation... you just gotta go with the moment... Although knowing myself... probably not... even if the moment is right... I almost always ruin it... such a chicken haha~! :lol

imaviet

Post by imaviet » Mar 13th, '07, 05:18

I have no right to say I'm against it... but then again; :] [: i do sorta regret giving my first kiss away to my ex since I watched Sailor Moon and they said that back in the 1500s in europe; the person that you kissed first is the person you're gonna marry. xPP

wakaba

Post by wakaba » Mar 21st, '07, 13:46

Well, considering that I've never been on a date yet (LAME, I know), I'm not quite sure. But I doubt I would.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 21st, '07, 14:08

of course :). why not ;p

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Mar 26th, '07, 05:32

hhmmm.. never been in that situation... [wakaba.. dont worry were the same]

its depends if i aLso Like him... then why not...

sn0flake

Post by sn0flake » Mar 26th, '07, 07:26

hypothetically speaking, i won't really allow kissing on the first date. but hey, sometimes it depends on the ambience and atmosphere around u rite? like sumtimes if its the right time, right place, right person, then why not?

mawchan

Post by mawchan » Mar 26th, '07, 07:37

if me i dun want to kiss on my first date with sumone that i just started going out with
but sumtimes guys just get aggresive and yea things happened..lols
if u really2 like that sumone i think just a kiss should be fine but think how the girl or the guy might feel..sum ppl just very shy and dun like being kissed sum are just used to it...lols
it'll be better if love have grown between u 2....but as always bitter and sweet is the flavour of love^x^

notimeforfairytales

Post by notimeforfairytales » Mar 27th, '07, 14:03

I think it totally depends on the mood and atmosphere. If the mood is right and the attraction is there, I would definitely allow the guy to kiss me on the first date. But I wouldn't let it get too hot and heavy. A nice light kiss would do fine!

evilzelda101

Post by evilzelda101 » Mar 28th, '07, 02:54

well...it all really depends.
If you have morals, then no.

but if he is really hot, and if he was digging me, I would

kuvli

Post by kuvli » Apr 1st, '07, 06:51

uuuh....no....unless it'll make me look so damn easy for a make-out...ew...!

halfkoreanyuja

Post by halfkoreanyuja » Apr 14th, '07, 00:45

yeah i kiss on the first date if the guy is someone i really like a lot. i french kiss

Hydrangea

Post by Hydrangea » Apr 20th, '07, 22:58

The only way a guy is getting a first kiss from me is if that first date is with someone I ALREADY HAVE KNOWN FOR A MORE THAN A MONTH OR SO who just so happens to be on a first date with me. If I met someone two days ago and we happen to go on a date two days later, heck no he's not touching my lips.

xianne

Post by xianne » Apr 30th, '07, 13:12

id depends...i'm never been kissed... no boyfriend since birth...but been dating some

forevergirl

Post by forevergirl » May 7th, '07, 19:31

..sure why not if he's hot :wub: and Im totally hooked by him!! :lol :wub:

gibonite

Post by gibonite » May 7th, '07, 19:36

I'm allowing it... why not? if I reall like him? :D

lilaznbaybeehbliss

Post by lilaznbaybeehbliss » May 29th, '07, 08:12

i'dd definetly prefer just a peck on the lip on a first date. If there's like a really passionate pash den its justt too awkward.

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » Jun 15th, '07, 00:32

I think kissing isn't something "big", i mean, you can kiss your friend (if u're really drunk XD) so you really doesn't have to love the guy/girl to kiss him/her! As long as you don't have sex at the first date, it's okay !
But I think by watching drama a "kiss" became something important... but dramas aren't realisitc at all -_- drama's couple never kiss each other o_O

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jun 15th, '07, 00:41

i thinkni would... well it depends if it's somebody i really like then i would..

i dont know i've never had a date >D

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » Jun 15th, '07, 01:30

@ kozumifan : aww your avatar and banner :wub: shoon powaaa

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jun 15th, '07, 04:45

To me, a date without a kiss can't be called a date. It's just hanging out and trying to hook up. And holding hands are just the preliminaries.