Things I've Noticed from KDramas

Discuss Korean drama series here.
cierta

Post by cierta » May 20th, '06, 05:09

x_XJules wrote:
Sakari wrote:
cierta wrote: Oh, and the rich guy / poor girl thing, there is only one drama where it's the opposite .... *drum rolls plzzz* ............. Sandglass !!!!! :cheers:
What about Ruler of Your Own World?
what about a love to kill? does that one count?
Well, I should edit the previous post to "the only drama that I've known of ..."
I have seen neither Ruler of Your Own World or A Love to Kill so ... and is the Yang Dong-geun here is the guy in The Last Jump and Taegukki :wub: ? If so, I don't recall he's that small... maybe it's my faulty memory then.

Oh, another common factor in K-drama is that the family of the male lead, which is more often than most being rich and privileged, is always disapproved of the female lead, who then, most likely after a confrontation with her love's ex and mom, would do/say something to the effect of "I'm giving/breaking up w/ him for his own good"

AND, when the ex-girlfriend (or the one who employs the Oppa Fallacy) finds out about the fact that her love interest loves someone else, she'd often (I think the percentage is around 60 to 70%) try to commit suicide, or do something desperate (and stupid) in hope of keeping the guy.

sbungier

Post by sbungier » May 21st, '06, 18:56

Ive noticed also that the drivers in korean drams get to park anywhere they want to, whether its in the middle of the street or off a busy highway

Also they must have cheap shoes in Korea the women are always breaking thier high heels!

boba

Post by boba » May 21st, '06, 19:19

omg this post is so funny...yet so true... :lol

pleasantly different

Post by pleasantly different » May 21st, '06, 19:33

truly funny....yeh ive stopped watchin korean dramas cos theyre so predictable now

lotsa love
pleasantlydifferent

arnel98

Post by arnel98 » May 21st, '06, 19:42

they're quite predictable.
and they generally have nice OSTs
oh and most of the time, there's soe backstabbing going on...

cierta

Post by cierta » May 24th, '06, 05:15

arnel98 wrote:they're quite predictable.
Yes, they do have really nice OSTs ... I'm starting to collecting them now :)
Gotta love the backstabbing moves, American shows have excellent materials to study now
yet, somehow the mean characters all (or almost all) miraculously see the truth, have a change of heart and become goody-goody-two-shoes by the finale.
>> Drive me to :alcoholic:

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » May 24th, '06, 19:15

cierta wrote:
Gotta love the backstabbing moves, American shows have excellent materials to study now
yet, somehow the mean characters all (or almost all) miraculously see the truth, have a change of heart and become goody-goody-two-shoes by the finale.
hahaha totally agree

Sakari

Post by Sakari » May 29th, '06, 10:21

cierta wrote: I have seen neither Ruler of Your Own World or A Love to Kill so ... and is the Yang Dong-geun here is the guy in The Last Jump and Taegukki :wub: ? If so, I don't recall he's that small... maybe it's my faulty memory then.
You are probably thinking of Jang Dong-gun (All about Eve). He does not appear in Ruler of Your Own World.

redsea

Post by redsea » May 29th, '06, 11:12

cierta wrote:
That's damn true, especially the "goody-goody-two-shoes" thing :lol . OMG, this topic is so funny. I can't stop laughing when reading you guys' posts.
And about the shoes, my friends also ask me when we watch kdrama together. Is it that easy to break your high heel? :scratch:

amaranth

Post by amaranth » May 29th, '06, 22:22

redsea wrote: And about the shoes, my friends also ask me when we watch kdrama together. Is it that easy to break your high heel? :scratch:

Well... a friend of mine did manage to break three high heels in the same week. But then she is a total klutz. A great friend, charming and clever and all, but still a klutz.

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Jun 2nd, '06, 11:46

x_XJules wrote: what about a love to kill? does that one count?
I have only seen the first few episodes of A Love to Kill, but... If you mean the Sin Min-ah character, then I don't think she is what is usually called a "rich girl". She may have lots of money, but her family isn't rich, and only someone with a rich or wealthy family can be a "rich girl".

But would not So Ji-sub and Park Ye-jin in What Happened in Bali count as a poor guy/rich girl pairing?

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 4th, '06, 22:27

Another one i dont know if anyone has said yet, would be that the "other" guy that makes up the love triangle or "love box" is almost always a guy who has never loved before but falls in love with the main female actress only to have her NOT love him back.

Or the "other" guy is a bad boy who falls in love for the first time and give his heart to the main actress only to have her love his best friend or close friend (the main actor)...

Am i the only one who noticed that? :scratch:

Oh and also, i cannot STAND the whole airport/running thing they do in dramas! I mean, i know its to add more drama and suspense like will he/she catch up with her/him in time before she/he boards the plane and is out of his/her life forever! But seriously, why not use ur phone to call that person and tell them you're on your way and not to move or something of that nature! ESPECIALLY when time is supposedly of the essence...

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 7th, '06, 01:01

bLaCkNbLuE wrote:
amaranth wrote:
CraZyaH wrote:
LOL! I know that usually when you get sick,it'd take u at least 24 hours to feel extremely tired,lol but in Kdramas they get sick in an hour lol hmm and magically, get better the following day,well unless they were admitted to the hospital lol!
And if they are admitted to the hospital, then it means they're going to die. Useful tip if sick when visiting Korea: if medicine doesn't cures you within 24h, make arrangements to have your body shipped back home because You. Will. Die. Enjoy your stay. :D
Medicine? What medicine? Don't you mean an intravenous drip? After all, if you are ill in Korea, its probably just dehydration. :P

My suggestion to anyone visiting Korea.... bring some 'tussin!

Hahaha so true! By the way, i love your Won Bin banner...he's sooo hot! He's coming home from his military service or already has, hasnt he? YAYE :wub:

topnotch97

Post by topnotch97 » Jun 7th, '06, 01:22

What I noticed?

Money is always involved.

people can't pay their loans from Loan sharks.
always being chased by loan sharks.
and then cute oppa saves the day to pay off the loans.
:mrgreen:

mystiq

Post by mystiq » Jun 8th, '06, 12:45

One thing;

Koreans don't switch off or reject a phone call by pressing a button on the cell - they take the battery OUT of the phone.

cierta

Post by cierta » Jun 9th, '06, 03:28

mystiq wrote:One thing;

Koreans don't switch off or reject a phone call by pressing a button on the cell - they take the battery OUT of the phone.
That is soooo true! I just saw that in 100 Days w/ Mr. Arrogant (I know, it's a movie but still ...)

chrizzy_bebe

Post by chrizzy_bebe » Jun 14th, '06, 04:30

jpoplover08 wrote:Another one i dont know if anyone has said yet, would be that the "other" guy that makes up the love triangle or "love box" is almost always a guy who has never loved before but falls in love with the main female actress only to have her NOT love him back.

Or the "other" guy is a bad boy who falls in love for the first time and give his heart to the main actress only to have her love his best friend or close friend (the main actor)...

Am i the only one who noticed that? :scratch:
i agree lol... my girl is an example! \(^.^)/

Sakari

Re: Things I've Noticed from KDramas

Post by Sakari » Jul 10th, '06, 07:00

Sakari wrote: 27. Somebody kicks somebody else in the leg. (Ouch!)
The kicker is usually (always?) female; the kickee, male.

enuyasha

Post by enuyasha » Jul 10th, '06, 07:09

This is true in ALL Asian Dramas, the actors/actresses whether they're a doctor, lawyer, or some high paying profession.

They STILL live at home!

Why?

I know why cuz they're co-independent and can't live without their parents.

jojo78

Post by jojo78 » Jul 10th, '06, 07:28

Sakari wrote:
The make-up artist for the series tend to put too much lipstick on the male characters, sometimes the guys have on brighter lipsticks than the girls. I find that so funny :D
That is so true. I just watched Goong recently, and I couldn't get over Yul's glossy lips.
Last edited by jojo78 on Jul 14th, '06, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

jojo78

Post by jojo78 » Jul 10th, '06, 07:31

The thing that drives me mad after watching a series feverishly is when there is a love triangle and at the end the 'third' person dies but the lead male and female will not be together because of the dead person's memory....WHY????? :crazy:

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Jul 10th, '06, 07:34

Ever notice the ever so popular U-turn? The guy would get a phone call or some epiphany and then jerks his hand across his dashboard and makes a wide u-turn, encompassing about 4 lanes. Yet, no one honks, no one is even there, even though three seconds before, it was a busy street.

rainbowtonight

Post by rainbowtonight » Jul 11th, '06, 16:24

bella_mygga_insek wrote:yeah really, seems like the Kdramas is following a system of their culture.
It´s kinda annoying cos I´m used to watch Hkdramas, in those dramas they´re the guys who fall in love first and in that way being kinda manly I think. That´s why I always fall for the malecharacter who are an outsider, that´s mean that he is secretly in love with the leading female(of course the leading femala doesn´t love him! cos she´s in love with the leading male guy.) and does whatever it takes to help her, even if it costs his own heart. That´ s just so manly and romantic. So I really want the koreandrama directors to change these things. But this things is their culture so they won´t change them. The male in korea are very very dominant, so they´re used be like that even in love!
You've pointed out one thing that I didn't noticed before. In HKdramas there's no doubt that the outsider will get the girl in the end . I love this kind of love story ! You've done so much for the girl you love ( secretly ) and then she slowly falls for you ==> happy ending ~~~
But It never happens in a Kdrama. ( please, correct me if I'm wrong ). In a kdrama the girl usually falls for the man who likes to argue with her.
At first there's an misunderstanding between them . Then she hates him, she talks about him behind his back( often about how horrible he is ). :cry:
And what happens when an important scene reaches its climax ? The man says things like " I have to go ". The girl answers : " Please, don't go... I have something to tell you ". Then the episode ends right there, at that moment. But what's coming next ? In the beginning of the following episode the girl 'll say : " What I wanted to say ....is....take care of you " :crazy:
For example in Full house, near the end of the last 9 ( or 10 ) episodes, the girl and the boy keep telling each others in tears , things like : " It's over, blablabla ". But nothing really changes the day after :O

If...
Main girl too nice => the other girl too evil
Main girl too strong => the other girl too weak
Quite girl meets talkative guy
talkative girl meets calm , quite guy.

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Jul 12th, '06, 00:58

Oh My God ..

that's Funny ..

Don't Forget the dramatic change in the leading male's behavior after he kisses the leading female .. he suddenly becomes Mr. Shyness ..
But the shy innocent girl will be Super COOL and natural ..

For example : in Full House ,, after they confessed thair love and kissed each other the male couldn't bear to look at Han Ji-oun's eyes and he kept his head hidden in the blanket ,, and when she said that he must obey her from now on he agreed right away ,, despite of the fact that he was nagging her since day 1 ..

I noticed 2 that thay ALL make Similar sounds While eating and drinking ..

:whistling: :whistling:

nekokage

Post by nekokage » Jul 13th, '06, 03:23

The main characters end up meeting in a different country and then end up meeting again back in Korea (what a coincidence :blink ).

Happens in "Lovers in Paris", "Smile Again", "Spring Waltz", and more....

Lone_Prodigy

Post by Lone_Prodigy » Jul 13th, '06, 04:10

No one has peripheral vision. This is to make a good camera angle, to have the two characters pass each other in opposite directions. But they will never turn their head.

Two characters who spot each other will always make eye contact at the same time. There is never enough time for one to shout out the other's name.

If two characters have something important to say, it will always occur in the next scene at some restaurant or in the car. It never occurs during the time in between.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jul 18th, '06, 08:38

dont agree with enyu that the main characters in ALL asain drama stay with parents. in fact i notice most of them are not.
esp in jap drama where the stories usually happen in tokyo where the main characters are working while their parents are in the home town.
in hk drama, most professionals have their own family if married, or if single, stay alone or share apartment with friends/colleagues.
in korean drama, since it's so common that the main character is super rich, yes, they live with parents in super big house. and the other main character who's super poor stay in some slump maybe with parents or with some orphanage friends whatever :p
seldom watch taiwanese drama, no comment.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jul 18th, '06, 08:47

what i notice from korean drama. hmmmm.... i notice myself, when watching korean drama, my finger is constantly on the remote, the FF button :p
my reflex instantly press on the button when:
1. the flashbacks start
2. some irritating guy #2/girl #2 keep coming for the girl #1/guy #1
3. people yelling/shouting at each other
4. the music starts
anyone agree that in many series, the music is really a mess?? i mean whenever there's no dialogue, the music starts, even for few seconds, it starts and stops arruptly. sometimes it's v annoying esp it's the same song again and again which sometimes doesnt not even match with the mood. recently examples are in "which start are u from" and "bali stories".

and when i switched to watch jap series, suddenly i realised i never touch the remote....

i still like some korean series, just that the above annoying characteristics are quite in most of them.

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Jul 18th, '06, 09:42

Lone_Prodigy wrote:No one has peripheral vision. This is to make a good camera angle, to have the two characters pass each other in opposite directions. But they will never turn their head.

Two characters who spot each other will always make eye contact at the same time. There is never enough time for one to shout out the other's name.

If two characters have something important to say, it will always occur in the next scene at some restaurant or in the car. It never occurs during the time in between.
Good observations! Very true, especially the first one! What happened to peripheral vision, indeed... It just struck me now how true, funny, and pointless the last one is. Yet it happens ALL the time! :lol

boniface

Post by boniface » Jul 22nd, '06, 22:55

LOL!! everyone's so funny when they tell the cliches! :lol

what I hate about Kdramas sometimes is how they loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee flashbacksss :crazy:

main girl cries and think of like 10 min. worth of flashbacks and then it switches to the main guy who thinks up 15 min. of it.
it really gets to me because replaying those scenes make it suck.

ooo and flashbacks to help the person make a decision... happens a lottt

I guess it's kind of necessary sometimes, but I hate it :goggle:

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Jul 22nd, '06, 23:31

These things seem to be so true! Ha ha ha!

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Jul 23rd, '06, 12:45

CraZyaH wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:
hebiko wrote:
Hahaha!! So true!! If they have live in an English-speaking Country for years, that's mean their English accent has to be quite good!! Some of them speaks like its their first time speaking English!
Except Lee So Young from Spring Waltz, she speaks very well though the accent :P
lol we were talking about accents.
oh I just remembered 2 korean actors with good english accents : Yeon Jeong Hoon :wub: (he speaks english in Sad Sonata)
and Jung Ryu Won (My Name is Kim Sam Soon,Which Star Are You From)
pockiiee wrote:Related to this one, before this scene Character A and B will be walking in the same general area, but miss each other by seconds, Character A will look down to tie his/her shoe or something and miss character B.
LOL so true!!
But Jung Ryu Won is from Australia, but she speaks with an American accent in MNIKSS, which is really dodgy. So it's a bit unfair to compare her to a native Korean who have not studied abroad. But I think Kim Tae Hee is not too bad with her English i n Love Story in Harvard. The other two male leads in that series, their English was crap. But the second female lead's english is heaps good. Though it sounded like she was probably brought up in a English speaking country.

On that note, does anyone know if Lee Da Hae ever spoke in English cause she went to Burwood Girls High in Sydney and I am from Sydney too. Really curious!!!

blueberry08

Post by blueberry08 » Jul 26th, '06, 11:54

good observation everyone!
1. Somebody gets into the water (pool, ocean, ...) with their clothes on.
Only saw this in Lovers in Paris
2. The male and female leads throw snow at each other.
So true!!!
7. There is a traffic accident or somebody has an incurable disease. Or both.

So so so true.. esp. in melodramas
9. If two people are talking confidentially, they will leave the door of the room open so that a third person can overhear the conversation.
Hahahahaha always..
12. The male lead has to carry someone - most often, the female lead - somewhere piggy-back.
Yes, all the KDramas.. even Jewel in the Palace :lol

I'll find time reading the others!! This is so cool 8)

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Jul 29th, '06, 18:56

Sakari wrote:
6. Small or medium-sized cars are rarely used. Rich people drive big and expensive cars, while everybody else takes the bus or the subway, or gets rides in the rich people's costly autos.
Is it called "product placement"? Everybody in Goong seems to drive a Volkswagen. In Smile Again, it's Peugeots;in Sorry, I Love You, Saabs, right?

babytarragon

Post by babytarragon » Jul 31st, '06, 00:34

Sundial wrote:Ever notice the ever so popular U-turn? The guy would get a phone call or some epiphany and then jerks his hand across his dashboard and makes a wide u-turn, encompassing about 4 lanes. Yet, no one honks, no one is even there, even though three seconds before, it was a busy street.
haha I like this observation

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Jul 31st, '06, 03:44

Can I just say that in all Kdramas be it sad, drama, melo, comedy, romance...EVERYONE CRIES IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fieryshadow

Post by Fieryshadow » Jul 31st, '06, 06:11

yan_ange wrote:Can I just say that in all Kdramas be it sad, drama, melo, comedy, romance...EVERYONE CRIES IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm isnt that in all kinds of dramas? (soem with exceptions)

azra

Post by azra » Jul 31st, '06, 06:45

I wanna add 1 more--> people in kdramas like to tell the truth n pour their heart out to sumone who they think is sleeping.....n the person always pretending to sleep but actually hears every single words :mrgreen:

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Jul 31st, '06, 07:04

all taht are so true...hahaha...u guys good at observing people..:D

cierta

Post by cierta » Jul 31st, '06, 13:49

oh, and everytime the male lead is someone w/ high position (chairman, manager ...) and he has to save the company from ruins, he usually do it w/ the helps of the female lead, willing or not
or something equivalent to that ^_^

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Aug 1st, '06, 17:23

Very Good Topic!!
This really needs to be discussed here >_<
Because I'm sick of Korean repitition !!!!
I mean don't the notice that @.@

1. Rich Guy Loves Poor Girl
2. Poor girl is in debt, can't pay
3. always the same diseases !! LUKEMIA !!
4. Very very alcoholic, whenever they're sad or dissappointed, they have to drink and someone pops out of nowhere and comes and talks to them
5. There are at least 5 scenes in which characters EAT in the episode !! + talk alot when eating !!
6. Endless Love Triangles !
7. They have to remember times of childhood.
8. Years Pass and they don't meet, and then suddenly they meet again
9. Endless use of cellphones !! All the time !!
10. Alot of crying.
11. Romance ..Sadness !
12. No Morals and Themes to learn from !!

>_< !! I prefer Japanese Dramas to korean !

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 2nd, '06, 05:08

is there any thread to compare jdrama and kdrama? may be we should start 1 :)

i found that in jdrama, the relationship between people are more natural. the audience can see how 2 persons slowly "develop" a relationship, getting to each other better, thru conversations, observation, and some happenings. each though the relationship may also start from pickering, disageement and differences (values, opionons etc) in the 2 persons.

i seldom see this kind of development in korean drama. usually 2 persons yell and shout at each other and suddenly 1 of them realises he/she likes the other person and after some waiting the other person also suddenly realise he/she feels the same.

the strange thing is, jap series are usually much shorter and faster pace? why is it that it's time to show the development and k-drama doesn't??

and in k-drama there're really way too much yelling and shouting. they have to yell until they crack their voices....

lazybum

Post by lazybum » Aug 2nd, '06, 05:12

babytarragon wrote:
Sundial wrote:Ever notice the ever so popular U-turn? The guy would get a phone call or some epiphany and then jerks his hand across his dashboard and makes a wide u-turn, encompassing about 4 lanes. Yet, no one honks, no one is even there, even though three seconds before, it was a busy street.
haha I like this observation
me too...i always wondered about that one. where are all the cars?

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Aug 2nd, '06, 05:48

dokbupgi wrote:is there any thread to compare jdrama and kdrama? may be we should start 1 :)

i found that in jdrama, the relationship between people are more natural. the audience can see how 2 persons slowly "develop" a relationship, getting to each other better, thru conversations, observation, and some happenings. each though the relationship may also start from pickering, disageement and differences (values, opionons etc) in the 2 persons.

i seldom see this kind of development in korean drama. usually 2 persons yell and shout at each other and suddenly 1 of them realises he/she likes the other person and after some waiting the other person also suddenly realise he/she feels the same.

the strange thing is, jap series are usually much shorter and faster pace? why is it that it's time to show the development and k-drama doesn't??

and in k-drama there're really way too much yelling and shouting. they have to yell until they crack their voices....
I agree with you, but I think it's only because I haven't seen enough K-dramas.. all the ones I've seen are romantic/comedy. I guess if I watch more K-dramas I'll run into something that doesn't start with two people yelling and shouting at each other.
But so far, My Girl, Sassy Girl, Full House, Goong, SamSoon, and even MiSa starts out that way. In J-doramas.. Hana Yori Dango starts that way.. but thats pretty much it, but I think that's because all the other Jdoramas I've seen are more SERIOUS and mature and others doesn't even have a love angle.
I think Kdramas shows more of the development than J-doramas though. FH, SassyG, MGirl.. both leads lived in the same house. It's a long process in K-dramas to show development.. but in J-doramas.. it happens fast. Like Majo no Jouken, the girl (Nanako) runs away with her student (??) on the first episode. I thought it was unbelievably fast. I thought they didn't show enough development. And I've seen others like that, but I guess it's just because J-doramas are short and they had to speed up the pace.

banzaiboi

Post by banzaiboi » Aug 2nd, '06, 05:52

thats quite alot you wrote there! LOL! that is so true in my girl .. and they leads always get together .. no matter what ..

OMG! and the dark guy always gets with the girl .. if there is one... like:

rain and song in fullhouse
jung da bin and the other guy in my sister in law is 19..
kim rae won and kim tae hee in love story in harvard ..

etc..etc. im sure theres a few more!

OH! shin goon and umm .. chae gyung in goong!

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 2nd, '06, 06:11

ya there are so many k-drama where 2 persons are "forced" to live with each other, be it contract marriage, permature marriage, fake marriage, fake brother sister, foster brother sis, etc etc. but just that i seldom see how the relationship really develop. yes they stay together, still pickering with each other, maybe cook together, do house work together, but most of the time, i don't see how they get to understand each other better? usually one of them has another love interest (ex or whatsoever) and is obsessed with the other one....

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 2nd, '06, 06:15

btw these are just some of my observations. i do like some k-drama like MISA, resurrection, my gril, damo etc. i enjoyed my girl very much indeed :)

banzaiboi

Post by banzaiboi » Aug 2nd, '06, 06:17

so true .. T__T

theyre so typical, but we love em!

banzaiboi

Post by banzaiboi » Aug 2nd, '06, 06:19

i LOVE MY GIRL ^_________________^ im seeding for people too =P

chamber

Post by chamber » Aug 3rd, '06, 05:48

I don't know if you had this, but in almost every KDrama i' have watched either the male or female main character(or both) keep doing the whole pumping of both hands while saying "FIGHTING!!!". Must be a popular saying in korea

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Aug 3rd, '06, 10:04

aja aja fighting! i see that alot too.

another thing i always notice is that korean men always grab the girls by the wrist when the girl wants to leave. ive never seen a guy grab another guy by the wrist.

and, during the "fight" scenes, one guy will punch the other in the mouth. he will fall down, get up and punch the other in the mouth.

or, a friend or brother will punch him in the mouth for some reason and the punchee will not complain or say anything about it. dont they have assault laws in Korea?

oo, and parents never approve of their childs choice for girl/boy friends.

why are everyones houses on the top of tall hills? i always see them walking up steep hills to go home, but they are never tired from all the walking.

and chars that drive, always go running to their girlfriends house instead of driving.

each show someone has to get a cold and their boy/girlfriend will put wet rag on their head and cook them rice porridge? and no one uses aspirin in korea.

and when u get in a car crash or fall down stairs, they only put one bandaid on your forhead.

how do all the poorest people in the shows afford cell phones? are they uber cheap in Korea? and they can have those things on forever and the battery never dies, unless they really need the phone, then the battery is always dead?

in the hospital scenes, they always have some mister thingy blowing water in the air. what is that for? and when u in the hospital, u only get an IV, but u never hooked up to the heart monitor. and anyone can take u out of the hospital w/out anyone complaining or worrying. even if u dying of cancer?

how come theres seems to be this rich, single , smart and good looking guy who never has a girlfriend then , bam all the girls come on to him all at once?

why do they always drink liquor outta those tiny green bottles? dont they have them in a big size? and why does someone have to pour u a drink, then they expect u to pour them one? is that custom?

nurani2006

Post by nurani2006 » Aug 3rd, '06, 11:10

The leading female usually has very sad condition. Whether she is in debt, very poor, incurable disease.
and the leading man is very rich.

It's like sending a message over and over again to women that they need a man , i mean a RICH man to be happy or to solve their problem
and to all mother , that ideal son in law is RICH , good looking and intelligent.

not all korean drama but most of it : Endless love,snow white, full house,lover in paris, etc

but anyway that just my opinion.

banzaiboi

Post by banzaiboi » Aug 3rd, '06, 11:53

yeah !! so true .. so typical.

nekokage

Post by nekokage » Aug 5th, '06, 04:51

Do you guys realize the characters ALWAYS think out loud? I guess it's to show what they're thinking... lol it kinda made me do it sometimes but it also made me look like some crazy person talking to myself.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Aug 5th, '06, 05:19

nekokage wrote:Do you guys realize the characters ALWAYS think out loud? I guess it's to show what they're thinking... lol it kinda made me do it sometimes but it also made me look like some crazy person talking to myself.
LMAO!!! I thought the same exact thing last night rewatching the last episode of Wedding!!! This thread cracks me up, especially reading howzitboy's post!! eh, howzit!? oh but yeah, there is a custom to drinking, i saw it on AZN television i think. As far as I know, when receiving and giving a drink

Never pour your own drink
When recieving a drink from an elder always use two hands.
When pouring a drink for an elder always use two hands.
When drinking in front of an elder look away from the elder.
Last edited by puccakiss79 on Aug 5th, '06, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Aug 5th, '06, 05:31

http://www.lifeinkorea.com/Food/d-manners.cfm it shares some info on Korean drinking customs if anyone's interested

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: wtf you talking about

Post by lilswtangel » Aug 5th, '06, 05:32

sss802 wrote:you seem to enjoy watching k dramas because you know so much about it so why sit there and pick out **** that you can do for any dramas kdramas or jap dramas.whats the point your trying to make..and for the idiot that made remarks about how they speak english with an accent wtf you expect its a second lanuage to them.i noticed you had a japanese nick let me tell you idiot i know for sure that koreans speak much better english than you japs atleast they dont speak english like their tongue was short and their slurping on something.you **** japs will always be assholes you never change.just when korean trys to get along with you people you guys always screw it up.wtf should koreans try. its you assholes that should try to make amends with koreans with the astrocitys your countrys done in the past.you people deny anything happened in the past because your schools and government never taught you what they commited in the past.and another thing dokdo is our land and dont forget middle finger to ya
is it just me or are some of the newer registered members getting ruder and ruder? what's up with that? you don't like this thread, don't post here. simple as that~

you should stop with the blatant cussing and know that you're another racist out there. Here at D-Addicts, we don't call Japanese "Jap". We had a thread about that some time ago. oh, and a middle finger to you, too. I'm not in the mood to play Little Miss Nice today. and another middle finger to you again~

I'm going to make a suggestion in the Improvement thread on being stricter with bans. God, I can't stand this...twice in one day.

Jesus.......I haven't have this much excitement since Pariah_Dog's Strawberry on the Shortcake thread. And about that....how come he never finished uploading the rest of the series! i was right, dammit! LOL.

"Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..." ~ Ward Sexton

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Aug 5th, '06, 05:37

lilswtangel wrote:is it just me or are some of the newer registered members getting ruder and ruder? what's up with that? you don't like this thread, don't post here. simple as that~
I wondered if this ignoramous is the same asshat that was talking smack in the picture thread. Sounds like the same kind of hating, no? Anyway, I ignored the idiot's post because it doesn't seem like asshat wants to be part of the community, just likes to talk nonsense. Can you picture some asshat sitting at his/her computer wasting their time away with this idiotic post! It's obvious asshat doesn't know what this community is about, so lets all laugh at the asshat! :lol

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Aug 5th, '06, 05:40

puccakiss79 wrote:
lilswtangel wrote:is it just me or are some of the newer registered members getting ruder and ruder? what's up with that? you don't like this thread, don't post here. simple as that~
I wondered if this ignoramous is the same asshat that was talking smack in the picture thread. Sounds like the same kind of hating, no. Anyway, I ignored the idiots post because it doesn't seem like asshat wants to be part of the community, just likes to talk nonsense. Can you picture some asshat sitting at his/her computer wasting their life away with this idiotic posts! It's obvious asshat doesn't know what this community is about, so lets all laugh at the asshat! :lol
it does sound like her doesn't it? :lol but apparently this racist here registered in June and the racist from the picture thread registered last night (aiyah, now I sound like the loser :fear:)

but yea, what a lowlife.... I'm getting a headache just reading those idiotic comments.

but nice job on the wording of "asshat", Pucca! :D :thumleft:

"Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..." ~ Ward Sexton

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Aug 5th, '06, 05:43

lilswtangel wrote: it does sound like her doesn't it? :lol but apparently this racist here registered in June and the racist from the picture thread registered last night (aiyah, now I sound like the loser :fear:)
Oh, there are a bunch of asshats out tonight! Is it a full moon. They tend to do this every full moon.
lilswtangel wrote: but nice job on the wording of "asshat", Pucca! :D :thumleft:
Yeah, the term asshat cracks me up! I believe I heard it first from Atomic or someone from the channel. Perfect for this occasion :-)

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Aug 5th, '06, 18:41

why would someone wanna ruin a really fun topic? sad huh? lets ignore em and back to thread!!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 7th, '06, 03:17

sss802 has been banned.

banzaiboi

Post by banzaiboi » Aug 7th, '06, 06:11

LOL!! took me awhile to catch up .. i love it! ASSHAT! haha .. ass is the BEST word to describe anything .. coincidently i told everyone at school today .. cmon .. assface, assholic, **** .. etc.etc. xD just ass. my god thats ass ..

anyway ... back to the topic.. theyre typical, but we still love em .. its weird. if the actors are pretty, we'll watch em i guess...

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Aug 7th, '06, 20:28

i just watched My Love Pattzi and they didnt grab her by the wrist when she tried to walk away! they grabbed herby the upper- arm cuz shes soooo short haha.

banzaiboi

Post by banzaiboi » Aug 7th, '06, 21:32

omg!! i LOVE my love patzzi .... one of the best dramas!

glamour-side

Post by glamour-side » Aug 9th, '06, 08:49

howzitboy wrote:i just watched My Love Pattzi and they didnt grab her by the wrist when she tried to walk away! they grabbed herby the upper- arm cuz shes soooo short haha.
haha! now that you've mentioned it, its quite funny!

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Aug 10th, '06, 10:13

you have to be soooooooooooo addicted to be this very accurate..

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Aug 10th, '06, 23:04

oops just noticed another thing. theres always a scene in the bathroom with someone brushing their teeth. guess thats how all those korean girls got such awesome smiles!

WhAt's Up

make a car u-turn

Post by WhAt's Up » Aug 10th, '06, 23:25

i dont know if has anyione noticed this?
in the k-rdama, you always see a guy while driving, then suddenly make a u-turn

sbungier

Post by sbungier » Aug 16th, '06, 23:51

Whenever they jump ahead a few years like "3 Years Later" The lead guy always wears glasses like that is to make him look different...weird. I can say one thing though Im sick of the huffy puffy lead female like always angry at the male lead and puts her fists up to pretend to hit the guy...korean dramas are getting kinda annoying now...thats why I am into the historical dramas where there are no contract marriages or the supposedly sassy female lead! (Jumong is my favorite now) And what is up with the word "Aigoo?" we made a drinking game out of it...everytime they said it we had to drink!

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Aug 17th, '06, 20:04

another thing i see is someone licks their finger, touches tip of nose, licks finger touches nose??
what on earth does that mean ?

Ceciel

Post by Ceciel » Aug 20th, '06, 13:38

What I noticed is there are 2 male characters. Always character 1 love the female character but he will never end up with her. She will always fall in love with character 2.

babytarragon

Post by babytarragon » Aug 22nd, '06, 20:56

this is more of a question really

why are hugs such a huge thing in kdramas? they go into hugs slow motion, then slow motion from another angle, then the music starts. is this something to do with korean culture, I presume people are more inhibited to touch each other in korea than in the uk because I watch kdramas

skillaz

Post by skillaz » Aug 22nd, '06, 21:39

babytarragon wrote:this is more of a question really

why are hugs such a huge thing in kdramas? they go into hugs slow motion, then slow motion from another angle, then the music starts. is this something to do with korean culture, I presume people are more inhibited to touch each other in korea than in the uk because I watch kdramas
probably cuz in the east love and the like is seen as much more important thats why they have such sappy dramas... whereas on the west... us for example we have shows like sex in the city and desperate housewives.... where sex is abudant... i dont get why we show so much sex but we cant see nudity while the east can show as much nudity as they want... ugh... damn WASP

PHLN

Post by PHLN » Aug 26th, '06, 02:40

So true, its scary... Funny read!