7%
Only if you have time (2)
4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 294

hatanaka

Post by hatanaka » Sep 16th, '05, 12:40

I am on a dial-up connection and it looks like there are no seeders. WAAAAAAHHH! :cry:
Can you believe it? I'm probably one of only 3 people in the US that is still on a dial-up. Guess that's what I get for moving out to the boonies. :-(

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 16th, '05, 12:54

hatanaka>> it's impossible, I'm seeding it right now!! :blink

hatanaka

Post by hatanaka » Sep 16th, '05, 12:56

hmmm....under UL the number is 0. weird. :(

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Sep 16th, '05, 13:01

Well hatanaka, if you want I could send it to your email using yousendit.com Tell/pm me your email.

hatanaka

Post by hatanaka » Sep 16th, '05, 13:14

thanks! I sent you a PM with my e-mail. Sorry to derail the thread everyone.

Did I mention that Tsumabuki Satoshi is one of the best looking Japanese guys I've ever seen? My goodness. :wub: If only I weren't 6 years older than him. Wonder if he likes older women. ha ha

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Sep 16th, '05, 13:20

Uploading now..it may take some time...so chill out abit.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 16th, '05, 13:47

hatanaka wrote:Did I mention that Tsumabuki Satoshi is one of the best looking Japanese guys I've ever seen? My goodness. :wub: If only I weren't 6 years older than him. Wonder if he likes older women. ha ha
He does! You didn't watch "slow dance"?

Ho, it's just fiction???? really??? I see.... :mrgreen:

hatanaka

Post by hatanaka » Sep 16th, '05, 13:52

I haven't seen Slow Dance yet, but I'll have to now. I think that one reason we watch Jdorama is to lose ourselves in that fictional world for a while....(I'm married to a Japanese guy, and I know they aren't even as remotely romantic as they appear in dramas.) Hey, one can dream..hee hee

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Sep 21st, '05, 17:23

Hei guy i need some help here... It about Orange Days song... Do you guy remember when the part when Sae find out about the drawing that Kai draw about "What type of music do you like?"... SOon after Sae see the drawing there is a song play...So i wanna to know who and what the song title? Can anyone help me please :D ARIGATOU KOZAIMASU :-) :-)

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 21st, '05, 17:46

maybe it's kururi's "the rose flower", the song the drawing is about... no?

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Sep 21st, '05, 17:54

Is it.... I have try search kururi at JPOPSUKI TRACKER but then no result come out and I have try also search the "the rose flower" and no result come out also :-( ... So got any idea.....The song is really nice :-) ....

cmge

Post by cmge » Dec 17th, '05, 10:50

sorry for resurrecting an old thread...

i just got thru Orange Days and i really liked it... itwas a refreshing change from a sad ending.... i really liked how everything worked out... the cast was great and so was the music...

Shibasaki Kou's performance was very good... it made me convince she was actually deaf... the reason i got into watching this was from Good Luck, i liked her performance there as well altho it was very minimal and simplistic... there is just something alluring about her... and her hair wow its soo long... :)

mucho thanks for JTV for subbing such a agreat drama... its mos def one of my favorites at the moment.... since i still have alot of catching up to do... :whistling:

naoto

Post by naoto » Jan 18th, '06, 05:01

I just finished the first ep omg :wub: But the part where his friend's not sure if he's serious (with alisa), because she's an outsider. I'm an outsider :cry:

kleo

Post by kleo » Jan 18th, '06, 18:09

okay, so i have been so bus, finally a break.....I am trying to catch up on my jdorama....I thought this was a really good series to see. it's worth your time watching this one. and thanks so much so the subs.

MissMonika

Post by MissMonika » Jan 19th, '06, 03:59

i finally got around to watching this drama. truly amazing and very inspiring. it's official, i'm in love with Tsumabuki Satoshi. hehehe. i love the chemistry between Kai and Sae. it's awesome!!!

if u haven't seen it, go watch this drama!!

ali-chan

Post by ali-chan » Jan 19th, '06, 09:49

I think is one of the best doramas i´ve ever seen... the story, the characters.... soooooo touching :wub:
it´s one of that kind of series that make you think about life, actually, i want to learn sign language!!!
the chemistry of all the characters is awsome!!!!! they fit very well all toghether as orange day´s club :w00t:

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 22nd, '06, 05:06

i am in love~ ahhh another SUPER great drama in put in my favorite list. omg i love EVERYTHING about it. right now im looking for new friends too and i really wish next year when im in university i can find a group like orange society!! i love tamabuki satoshi... another guy to get obsess with. omg its so good and touching and funny... after watching i feel like i must learn sign language!!! aiyaaaa i loveeeeee this drama... definitely the BEST!!!

jami

Post by jami » Feb 22nd, '06, 05:18

uwahh... since i watched this drama... i got hooked in it already!!!
gotta finish this later ^__^
and i also :wub: the ending song... so wonderful na ^__^

it is now one of my fave dramas..
and the sign language thing is so cool!!
makes me wanna learn it too hahahha

robetella

Post by robetella » Apr 25th, '06, 18:11

Just completed it... Really great jdorama.. great combi of casts involved and very inspired by the friendship orange society had... =DDD
Last edited by robetella on Apr 26th, '06, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Apr 25th, '06, 18:32

robetella wrote:Just completed it... Really great jdorama.. great combi of casts involved and very inspired by the friendship orange society had... =DDD
Me2 !! I just finished it ^_^
A very nice and touching drama, I recommend it Highly Guys~~!!

Prowler_88

Post by Prowler_88 » May 5th, '06, 22:22

Though Ive not finished it yet, this is one of the best series I have ever had the pleasure of watching. It has really inspired me to go out and attempt to find something more in life, and now I really want to learn Japanese with signing too!

Normally I watch action films and stuff, but this series has made me feel more than anything ive ever watched. Even though I know its romanticised I just want to have the kind of relationships that are portrayed in the series; it makes me want more out of life.

This is a beautiful and dare I say, Life Altering series for me.

Sorry for repeating myself i just cant get this out of my head!

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » May 6th, '06, 02:46

I'm re-watching this drama for the third or fourth time (probably fifth) and it's one of those that will never get old and still sucks me in, even though I know what happens. I just finished the 8th episode (my favorite) last night.

The chemistry between Tsumabuki (Kai) and Shibasaki (Sae) is the best. Watching this drama again is making me anticpate their reunion in Dororo so much!

This drama also happens to be the very first J-drama I've ever seen (watched it purely for Shibasaki in the first place), and despite all the others I've seen since then, Orange Days will always be number one.

robetella

Post by robetella » May 6th, '06, 14:55

Haha.. this is one of e best dramas ive watched besides 1 Litre of Tears so far.

Prowler_88

Post by Prowler_88 » May 7th, '06, 22:51

Just bought this on DVD :D

Cant get a second of this series out of my head!

Anyone know of/recommend any other jdoramas as moving and wonderful as this?

nalika

Post by nalika » May 7th, '06, 22:56

I love the drama...watch it 4 times already. :wub:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 8th, '06, 00:48

Prowler_88 wrote: Anyone know of/recommend any other jdoramas as moving and wonderful as this?
You can always look in the Recommended JDrama Thread to either ask or see what other ppl have recommended.
:)

Prowler_88

Post by Prowler_88 » May 8th, '06, 14:04

Thanks! Ill sit down after my exams and wacth a couple :-)

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » May 9th, '06, 20:25

i might be a bit biased because i really like Satoshi Tsumabuki, but i thought this show was great! However, i felt i had to take my enthusiasm down a notch for the poll simply because i really do mean it when i say i'm a Satoshi fan. Anyway, i thought this drama was really sweet. i loved the Sae and Kai dynamic. Before watching this series, I already thought the actors were incredible, but after seeing this drama, I have gained a new-found respect for them. i took a sign language course long before watching this show, and let me tell ya, it's not just about signing correctly. sign language also relies on facial expressions and the use of space to express yourself. it's quite challenging. i wonder how long it took them to get the sign language and their scenes just right. i can't even imagine, so props to them. they did such an excellent job.

roXxy

Post by roXxy » May 28th, '06, 18:31

hii...my friends just recommend this drama to me and i got interested to watch..can anyone tell me where to download this except torrent...clubbox is fine..ive been searching this everywhere but cant find it..appreciate your help.thankxx in advance

groink

Post by groink » May 29th, '06, 12:16

roXxy wrote:hii...my friends just recommend this drama to me and i got interested to watch..can anyone tell me where to download this except torrent...clubbox is fine..ive been searching this everywhere but cant find it..appreciate your help.thankxx in advance
Googling around, you may want to try kukuri's clubbox. I'm not a clubbox user, so I have no idea if that's the correct name.

--- groink

roXxy

Post by roXxy » May 29th, '06, 13:29

hey groink! thankss a lot for helping..unfortunately,thats clubbox require a password and i dont have one..but thats ok..thanks anyway..

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » May 30th, '06, 16:50

roXxy wrote:hey groink! thankss a lot for helping..unfortunately,thats clubbox require a password and i dont have one..but thats ok..thanks anyway..
JTV doesn't have an official clubbox... i think japaneseguy's box also needs a pw.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » May 30th, '06, 17:45

roXxy wrote:hey groink! thankss a lot for helping..unfortunately,thats clubbox require a password and i dont have one..but thats ok..thanks anyway..
You could try wachi's cb.
http://clubbox.co.kr/kdwluverz
I think it doesn't require a pw.

ryo.saeba

Post by ryo.saeba » Jun 22nd, '06, 21:59

can someone help me please ?
I'm looking foward the song that Sae play with her violon ?
It's musical classic, do someone knows this name ?
thanks

Rakkie

Post by Rakkie » Aug 1st, '06, 10:30

i saw this series about a year ago and loved the main story line, but there is something that is still bugging me... Keita - they just seemed to write him out of the story.

Instead of the lame bad boy / nice girl secondary romance with Shohei and Akane, it would have been far more interesting if the nice guy had got the girl for once. At any rate I thought Keita deserved to find some girl (any girl!) before the end of the series.

Ceciel

Post by Ceciel » Aug 2nd, '06, 17:18

Does someone know where I can find english subs? :-)

liannejoy

Post by liannejoy » Aug 2nd, '06, 17:28

Ceciel wrote:Does someone know where I can find english subs? :-)
you can always go to the JTV tracker for the entire series..they subbed it but its hosted at their tracker. here's the link http://jtv-tracker.clubbed.org/
these are hardsubs kei. good luck! :D

sadgirl

Post by sadgirl » Aug 2nd, '06, 21:43

I just finished watching this series. I voted for "See It". I thought it was excellent in the beginning and middle, and good towards the end, specifically the last episode. For some reason I feel that there's something lacking in the ending. Does anyone else feel this way?

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Aug 2nd, '06, 21:54

i loved this serie. one of the best j drama for me

auhres

Post by auhres » Aug 3rd, '06, 08:51

it sounds funny to say this, but this drama really changed my life! it's my favourite jdrama and i'm just so in love with tsumabuki satoshi now! haha i also love the chemistry between kai and sae and i'm really really impressed with their sign language they must have put in so much hardwork to sign so convincingly.

ephesus
Fansubber
Fansubber

ahhh

Post by ephesus » Aug 7th, '06, 12:47

you can always go to the JTV tracker for the entire series..they subbed it but its hosted at their tracker. here's the link http://jtv-tracker.clubbed.org/
these are hardsubs kei. good luck! Big Smile
Ahh, thanks I was looking for that. Too bad it's hardsubbed, having text popping up all the time is annoying. (god, i wish people would soft-sub stuff, or use http://www.matroska.org/ video so that you can disable subs)

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 7th, '06, 13:55

buy the DVD box set! There won't be any annoying subtitles, and it will be legal!

ephesus
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ephesus » Aug 7th, '06, 14:21

Man, legality is for suckers. Haha. I wasted about a $1000 last time I was in Japan just on DVDs and I can't even watch them with frontrow on my mac because of the freaking movie industry. I end up watching them on a linux box with libdvdcss (technically illegal) anyway.

blinkiz

Post by blinkiz » Aug 9th, '06, 17:12

ryo.saeba wrote:can someone help me please ?
thanks
I got this answer from the forum at JTV http://jtv-forum.clubbed.org/index.php? ... =2529&st=0, thanks to Bakaman:
The piece that Sae is playing all the time is the "Gavotte and Rondeau" movement from Bach's E-major Partita for Solo Violin (#3).
PS: I'm not too sure if I should be reposting stuff from another forum here so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. :pale:

My turn to ask for help here!!!

I've watched both JTV's subbed version of Orange Days (thank you JTV!) as well as those sold outside and I'm rather confused about the translations in Episode 1. I'm not trying to find fault here at all but I just wanted to clarify what was really being said in Ep 1, around 33 seconds to around 2 minutes, when Kai was doing his voiceover (before his interview at the office).

In JTV's version, Kai said that he was 26 and still unemployed. Something about how his company went to the waterfront 2 years ago.

In the other version, he said that it's past 6 (the time) or something, and he's still working. Hence, he's not able to watch the sunset outside because his company doesnt have those fancy windows.

Why this is important to me is because if it's as translated in JTV's version, it would mean very different things as to how his life turned out years after he graduated.

Anyways, I do hope that someone can help clarify. Thank you in advance!!!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 18th, '06, 02:13

blinkiz wrote:
ryo.saeba wrote:can someone help me please ?
thanks
I got this answer from the forum at JTV http://jtv-forum.clubbed.org/index.php? ... =2529&st=0, thanks to Bakaman:
The piece that Sae is playing all the time is the "Gavotte and Rondeau" movement from Bach's E-major Partita for Solo Violin (#3).
PS: I'm not too sure if I should be reposting stuff from another forum here so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. :pale:

My turn to ask for help here!!!

I've watched both JTV's subbed version of Orange Days (thank you JTV!) as well as those sold outside and I'm rather confused about the translations in Episode 1. I'm not trying to find fault here at all but I just wanted to clarify what was really being said in Ep 1, around 33 seconds to around 2 minutes, when Kai was doing his voiceover (before his interview at the office).

In JTV's version, Kai said that he was 26 and still unemployed. Something about how his company went to the waterfront 2 years ago.

In the other version, he said that it's past 6 (the time) or something, and he's still working. Hence, he's not able to watch the sunset outside because his company doesnt have those fancy windows.

Why this is important to me is because if it's as translated in JTV's version, it would mean very different things as to how his life turned out years after he graduated.

Anyways, I do hope that someone can help clarify. Thank you in advance!!!
What other version besides JTV subs... btw i would go with the JTV version. :whistling:

Was this other one translated directly from the japanese audio?

auhres

Post by auhres » Aug 18th, '06, 12:57

i rewatched the first part of the first episode[jtv version]. now it doesn't make sense!

" At that time, i thought 'i had a lot of courage'. I even took the time to watch the sunset. But it was my fault. I'm 26 and still unemployed. We should take the time to watch the sunset. Unfortunately, two years ago, my company completely went to the waterfront. But at the time, between the prediction ending and getting out of class, there were two weeks. We were under the sky and had courage like an orange that had descended from the heavens. As classmates, we all watched the sunset. Of course, at the time, i didn't give my thanks. But a lot of important things also happened. Such as my friends, previous lives, and love."

why 'courage'? prediction ending? at what time didn't he give his thanks? and did the 'important things' happen before or after the drama?

sry fr asking so many questions but i got really confused!

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Aug 18th, '06, 23:23

I don't know. Orange Days started out like it was going to go in a completely different direction than it actually went.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 20th, '06, 17:32

auhres wrote:i rewatched the first part of the first episode[jtv version]. now it doesn't make sense!

" At that time, i thought 'i had a lot of courage'. I even took the time to watch the sunset. But it was my fault. I'm 26 and still unemployed. We should take the time to watch the sunset. Unfortunately, two years ago, my company completely went to the waterfront. But at the time, between the prediction ending and getting out of class, there were two weeks. We were under the sky and had courage like an orange that had descended from the heavens. As classmates, we all watched the sunset. Of course, at the time, i didn't give my thanks. But a lot of important things also happened. Such as my friends, previous lives, and love."

why 'courage'? prediction ending? at what time didn't he give his thanks? and did the 'important things' happen before or after the drama?

sry fr asking so many questions but i got really confused!
Jesus... he's just reflecting on his life up to that point.. what's there to understand. Did you watch the parts in the series where he's with his advisor.

blinkiz

Post by blinkiz » Aug 21st, '06, 05:09

Kamui6 wrote: What other version besides JTV subs... btw i would go with the JTV version. :whistling:

Was this other one translated directly from the japanese audio?
Am not too sure if it was directly translated from Japanese audio, it's those that are sold in the market.
Jesus... he's just reflecting on his life up to that point.. what's there to understand. Did you watch the parts in the series where he's with his advisor.
I guess the confusion stems from it being said at the beginning of Episode 1. The show as we know it is about this group of people, 22 years old, wondering about what to do with their lives.

So as the show progresses we see that he made a conscious effort to become a physiotherapist as he wanted to help others (and of cos all the deliberations in between, talking to his advisor etc). By the end of the show, we see him going on that track, and supposedly succeeding.

However, if the flashback at the beginning was as follows:
This would mean that despite all that he has done (as we saw in the show), he's still unemployed at 26 and his life is going nowhere. Despite it being a show, I hate to think that after all that youthful optimism, life is still the pits for him 4 years later. It's like then what's the point ...

However, in the other version I watched. The subs hint that he's also doing a flashback of his life in uni. However, what he's saying is that he's stuck at work and lamenting that he has no time/chance to view the sunset now. It didn't hint that his life was bad, but it's just that he's saying to treasure one's youth and give thanks.

To me, the statement that I would really like to verify is this:

But it was my fault. I'm 26 and still unemployed. We should take the time to watch the sunset. Unfortunately, two years ago, my company completely went to the waterfront.

Is he still unemployed at 26 despite all his studies and hardwork. I just feel that if as a physiotherapist, he can't even find a job, life must be pretty bad in Japan. How can even a hospital go out of business?

Maybe I am reading too much into the whole thing, but its one of those tiny details that bug me.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 21st, '06, 05:37

omg... are you for real? Did you watch the series?

What type of company did he go to for a job interview in the first ep?
Where did it say that his company was a hospital?
What were his conversations with his advisor about?
What decision did he make?

BTW: how old are you? :glare:

blinkiz

Post by blinkiz » Aug 21st, '06, 11:46

Kamui6 wrote:omg... are you for real? Did you watch the series?

What type of company did he go to for a job interview in the first ep?
Where did it say that his company was a hospital?
What were his conversations with his advisor about?
What decision did he make?

BTW: how old are you? :glare:
I'm sorry I don't mean to make this a big issue but I don't think you are comprehending what I am saying.

I watched this show many times which was why that dialogue in the first episode struck me.

I know the show proceeds as follows ...

1. He went for a job interview at the clock/watch company
2. He decided not to take up that job and after talking with his advisor, he made the decision to become a physiotherapist.
3. All these happened when he was 22 years old.

However, if you go back to watch the BEGINNING of Episode 1 again, the subtitles for the narration was as what we said
At that time = to denote a flashback
1'm 26 and still unemployed = it's 4 years later now (he went for the interview at the clock company when he was 22)
Of course, at the time, i didn't give my thanks. But a lot of important things also happened. Such as my friends, previous lives, and love = this again shows that it's a flashback, remembering back his years about what happened when he was 22, the friends, looking for jobs and most importantly, love.

So anyways, if it's as you say it is, that he was reflecting on his life to that point, then that means the subs are wrong. The 26 was typed wrongly.

Actually, I basically hope a Japanese speaking person can tell me what was being said in the first few minutes of Episode 1 to clarify things. Because from my limited Japanese, I did hear something about ima .... roku ji (something to the effect that it's now 6 o'clock - at the point where the subs say I am now 26 years old)

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 21st, '06, 12:59

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Aug 22nd, '06, 07:32

I am not a japanese speaker so I might not be qualified to answer ... about the 1st episode's monologue

Kai was 22 when he decided to change majors - to occupational / physical therapist- another 3 or 4 years of schooling which would put him near the 26 mark.

Also maybe when he says company he means the company of his friends not his place of employment. That was an underlying theme through out the show. The fact they were growing up and would not be at school together.

Perhaps when he says "my company went to the waterfront" he simply means that his friends moved on the the next stage of their lives achievement of their own personal goals. Leaving him 4 years later alone in choosing the next step in life. The optomistic me feels that they are still good friends but they are just can't spend each day together like they did in college.
Doesnt that 1 guy go back to run the wedding business, and Akane is a tour guide and the other guy is on location taking photos maybe?
Hence his reflection that instead of trying to predict what was going to happen in their lives after graduation they should of all just enjoyed all their time watching sunset, being friends and finding love.

Just my thoughts ...
I also like to think he and Sae are still together ...
Smi[/spoiler]

auhres

Post by auhres » Aug 22nd, '06, 14:09

i agree with the optimistic view i believe they all succeeded in their future endeavours hahaha i just want the ending to be happy!

i can just imagine kai and sae living happily ever after... :DDD

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Aug 22nd, '06, 14:15

auhres wrote:i agree with the optimistic view i believe they all succeeded in their future endeavours hahaha i just want the ending to be happy!

i can just imagine kai and sae living happily ever after... :DDD
hey man should edit that. Has a spoiler.

berserk

Post by berserk » Aug 29th, '06, 11:29

I'm glad I'm not the only one puzzled by Kai's monologue at the beginning of episode 1. Unless a blatant typo, the "I'm 26" part should denote a flashback. Kai also narrates another line near the end of the scene when he sees Sae for the first time (right before the opening song). It goes: "And so, in my last year as a child, I met her." In other words, the entire story is Kai reminiscing about his past (~4 years ago)
Note that this doesn't necessarily rule out the fact that he may still be with Sae at age 26. In fact, I'd like to think they're happily married with kids by then. But the "still unemployed" part is a big downer.
And I agree with SmiLeeGirl's explanation that "company" meant Kai's college friends, not his place of employment.

I would also appreciate it if a Japanese speaker would watch the intro monologue and clear up this mystery.

hisa

Post by hisa » Aug 29th, '06, 18:45

gaahh, now you got me thinking about it...

hmm.. I read over the explanation about his 'company' being his friends, and then read over the speech again and it actually makes a lot of sense...
though it's still a bit confusing
He mentioned that as his last day as a child, he met 'her' so to me that whole speech in this beginning, was basically his life up to the point he met her and I guess the foreshadowing for the rest of the series. I mean, him and his 'company' had spent the remaining time of their youth together, pushing aside thoughts about their future. Then, the time suddenly came to face the adult world. Kai realized what he wanted to do with his life, after meeting Sae, yada, yada, yada...

but that thing about the difference between the two group's subtitles...what's the deal?

blinkiz

Post by blinkiz » Aug 30th, '06, 02:45

Unconfirmed explanation ahead ...

Wells, I have been scrambling around looking for Japanese speaking friends to explain the whole monologue to me and here's what I gathered:
1. The monologue was most likely to be a flashback
2. At the point where the subs say "I am 26", he's supposedly saying it's around 6:30 pm now and he didn't even realised that he has missed viewing the sunset.
3. Still trying to get people to explain the whole "company gone to the waterfront" part
Many people may think that I am making a mountain out of a molehill but I just want to understand the whole thing. I'm also extremely glad to see that I am not alone in this. Anyways, I got my friend so flustered that she wanted to go get the Japanese subs and she's not even so hot on the show!!!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 30th, '06, 02:52

hisa wrote: but that thing about the difference between the two group's subtitles...what's the deal?
ok, i've been reading this conversation for awhile and, while i appreciate that you guys are genuinely interested in learning the exact nuance of what was said, you have to realize something important things here:
1. that statement can be construed as an insult to the fansubbing teams. i doubt you meant it in that way, but it can certainly be seen that way... it's fine to discuss what the exact meaning of a phrase is, but it isn't in good form to make public comments that imply that the subbers have no clue what they're doing :|. fact of the matter is...
2. these are fanworks, which means that even if the level of the translator is excellent, since they are working off of speech and not text, there is a possibility that a sentence can be heard and interpreted differently.
3. translations in general can never fully convey the subtleties of a language (especially if it is seeped in cultural customs)...
4. ppl make mistakes... but once something is out there, it isn't always such a simple thing to roll back or correct. if it's a fairly minor thing that doesn't affect the general story, it may honestly just not be worth the effort... ^_^;

in any case, i've also noticed that despite mistakes that do crop up in fansubbed jdramas, overall they tend to be much more comprehensive in their translations than professionally translated and broadcasted works (which seem to have word limit to make it easy for ppl to read or something).

give the subbers a break... ^_^;;;;

ok, i'll get off my soapbox now... :)
thanks

while i'd like to add my 2 cents to the discussion about the line, i deleted orange days a long time ago, so... :fear:

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Aug 30th, '06, 09:01

Oh nooooo - hope there is no misunderstanding. I was just adding my thoughts about what I thought the words meant. I can understand that word for word translations from one language to another is impossible and that subbers often use artistic licence to choose wording. I find that they are usually right on!!! Fan Subbers are awesome all that hard work is really appreciated. When I look at the lists of people and when I here their them describe the process of subbing an episode. I am in awe.

I generally find fansubs very well done and WAY WAY WAY better then those that are subbed by "proffessionals" from HK.

Although beggers can't be choosers and I appreciate any subs -- cuz I have tried to watch some raw episodes ... EVERYTHING gets lost with no translations ;)

~ SMI

BTW -- Orange days is STILL MY FAVORITE!!! Anyone want to recomend something new to watch <-- I know there is a thread for this so Iwill go there how but I thought I would ask my fellow Orange Days Fans. I am gonna try Searching for My Polestar becuase it has a similar vibe. I also really enjoyed Tokyo Friends -- I surf everyday to find information about the movie it is playing in Japan right now. I hope it will be become to us one day with subs of course ;)

blinkiz

Post by blinkiz » Aug 30th, '06, 16:14

Thanks mizune for your comments and for giving me the chance to clarify :-) . I definitely didn't mean to insult the translator and I'm truly sorry if it came out that way. I for one am very grateful for the work he/she has done.

Actually, I wanted to contact the translator directly to clarify/explain but unfortunately I don't think that the person is on the JTV team anymore :-( .

Anyway, I too understand the difficulties involved in translating the full meaning from one language to another and also that we are all but human afterall. I also agree with smilee girl that fansubs are way better than those found in the market.

To be totally repetitive, this was important to me only after rewatching, as like I said, I didn't want to think that he went through all those trials in the show for nothing (despite it being a show).

Please ignore me if this is totally irritating to you. I've gotten most of my question answered now. Thanks to everyone for helping :D

To add on ... a NON-sub related question from me :lol

Does anyone knows what Kai and Sae were signing about during the last few minutes (around 57.10) of Ep 11? I feel like the producers are testing us to see how much we've learnt from the 11 episodes. Anyway, they just look so endearing being their usual squabbling selves.
I am guessing it's something about food and what to eat for dinner???
I also think that Sae/Kou's pretty cute when she makes her funny faces. Seen her in Good Luck doing the same thing.
Last edited by blinkiz on Aug 31st, '06, 00:53, edited 2 times in total.

helterskelter

orange days soft subs

Post by helterskelter » Aug 30th, '06, 22:51

hello! i bought the orange days dvd (without eng subs) the other day, thinking that i could just download the subs from d-addicts. but there's only chinese soft subs available! waah :( if any of you has the soft subs, do send me a copy please? :)
i can't download the torrent files with the hard subs because of my inet connection (very limited!)

thank you.

hisa

Post by hisa » Aug 31st, '06, 00:14

sorry if the comments I made are taken that way...didn't really think about it. I do appreciate the work fansubbers go through!! I'm very grateful ^^

Oh, and although it is isn't a drama, I highly recommend Honey & Clover (they actually released a movie for it this summer) It's an anime with the same vibe as Orange Days (which is why it's currently my fav anime) If you're not into anime, then I recommend seeing the movie (although I haven't seen the movie yet...hoping that there'll be subs for it one day...but I don't think it's even on dvd yet since it's recent)

other then that I haven't come across another drama like Orange Days...I'm hoping someone else will know of one too...

anoney

Post by anoney » Sep 4th, '06, 18:15

This is probably going to sound a little strange, but it's bugged me ever since I saw this great drama...

Does anyone know the name of the violin piece that Sae was playing the first time they meet? (outside school, where Kai was tying his shoelace). I know it's Bach, but is there a specific name for it? Been driving me crazy, so many thanks to anyone who can help me out on this. :)

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 6th, '06, 05:44

anoney wrote:This is probably going to sound a little strange, but it's bugged me ever since I saw this great drama...

Does anyone know the name of the violin piece that Sae was playing the first time they meet? (outside school, where Kai was tying his shoelace). I know it's Bach, but is there a specific name for it? Been driving me crazy, so many thanks to anyone who can help me out on this. :)
http://jtv-forum.clubbed.org/index.php? ... 06&hl=Bach

anoney

Post by anoney » Sep 6th, '06, 12:08

Thank you!

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Sep 8th, '06, 03:24

hisa, I've seen Honey and Clover! I really liked the anime... hope to like Orange Days too! I just d/led the first episode of Orange Days after reading some good reviews for it. We'll see how it goes...

sam-me

Post by sam-me » Sep 13th, '06, 16:04

I LOVE this drama! It is soooo goood!!! I recomend it to anyone who loves a good drama! The cast of this drama is excellent!! Especially Tsumabuki Satoshi!! He's sooo awsome! I love how he knows sign language. Kou Shibasaki is also very talented. It must have been hard for all of them to learn sign language. Im on the last episode now. I cant wait till schools over so I can watch it!!

cantiara

Post by cantiara » Sep 13th, '06, 16:12

Kai is the sweetest character I've ever encountered on TV :P

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Sep 13th, '06, 16:51

hisa wrote:sorry if the comments I made are taken that way...didn't really think about it. I do appreciate the work fansubbers go through!! I'm very grateful ^^

Oh, and although it is isn't a drama, I highly recommend Honey & Clover (they actually released a movie for it this summer) It's an anime with the same vibe as Orange Days (which is why it's currently my fav anime) If you're not into anime, then I recommend seeing the movie (although I haven't seen the movie yet...hoping that there'll be subs for it one day...but I don't think it's even on dvd yet since it's recent)

other then that I haven't come across another drama like Orange Days...I'm hoping someone else will know of one too...
If you like Orange Days, you will probably love the writer Kitagawa Eriko as she is the one who wrote us the masterpiece. Her CV includes long vacation, overtime, award winning beautiful life and many more. I suggest you go to this link and try to get all her dramas.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kitagawa_Eriko

Georix

Post by Georix » Sep 28th, '06, 09:18

Could somebody please upload the soundtrack to rapidshare or megaupload?

Thanks! :salut:

endon927

Post by endon927 » Oct 24th, '06, 01:11

XD yea that would be appreciated

just finished this drama lol...i noe its a bit late but...out of all the dramas ive watched this one seems to be the most realistic i guess...anywas that was just my thoughts on it XD

thtl

Post by thtl » Oct 25th, '06, 14:52

Georix wrote:Could somebody please upload the soundtrack to rapidshare or megaupload?

Thanks! :salut:
Orange Days OST
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mbvs9w

I've only got it on Sendspace, sorry. Since the OST exceeded 100MB, I can't upload to Rapidshare or Megaupload unless I'm a paying member.

thtl

Post by thtl » Oct 25th, '06, 15:08

About the monologue at the beginning of episode 1. I checked the novel (I brought it for the day I learned enough Japanese to actually read it) and would like to clarify a few things:

1. Company means exactly that - Kei's place of employment
2. 'Waterfront' was not a metaphore, it's a location

I'll need a very heavy session with my dictionary to understand any more. :whistling:

oshuwel

Post by oshuwel » Oct 26th, '06, 18:51

I absolutely love this drama! Really touching and inspiring. I wanted to learn sign language and do volunteer work because of this drama! It really inspired me. The usage of sign language made me feel the drama even more. Kitagawa Eriko is truly brilliant.