Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
snowflakez

Post by snowflakez » Jun 25th, '06, 10:18

okiee.. thanks for the recommendations, love angel ^_^
I'm currently downloading kurosagi now .. from this site.. =)

p.s: does anyone know where i can get anego (english subbed) ? =/ .. I can't seem to find it =( ..

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jun 25th, '06, 10:20

snowflakez wrote:p.s: does anyone know where i can get anego (english subbed) ? =/ .. I can't seem to find it =( ..
Check the INDEX LIST of All Subtitle Threads

aphroditesings

Post by aphroditesings » Jun 29th, '06, 18:33

1 Litre of Tears is a must watch for people who are searching for heavy drama! when i first heard about this, i was hesitant to watch it coz i'm more into comedy. but thank god i decided to watch this! AMAZING, AMAZING drama... indeed, you would cry in at least 5 episodes! the last time i cried in a series was when i watched Mars. =)

next is Gokusen which i think is just hilarious! Gokusen 2 isn't that bad too. but the 1st one made me laugh more. but to think that the guys from Gokusen 2 are better-looking than the first one is indeed a plus! hahaha...

i'm now watching Nobuta Wo Produce and Attention Please... and i'm liking the start of both series. i'm off to downloading Orange Days and Kizarasu Cat's Eye.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Jun 29th, '06, 18:55

YOu guys/gals gotta watch overtime. Its the award winning screen writer Kitagawa Eriko who brought us many many memorable dramas like Orange Days, Long Vacation and most notably ( her proudest work ) Beautiful life. Believe me, you will never regret it.

TaintedWisdom

Is there one?

Post by TaintedWisdom » Jun 30th, '06, 09:30

Hiya guys (and girls hehe),
I watched only a few Japanese movies but I have seen many dramas(series).

I wonder if anyone can recomend a movie(s) based on something similar to(or that I might like since I liked) these dramas/movies.

Hana Yori Dango (loved this drama) (if i could find anything similar to this I will scream)
Shinobi (what can I say loved the fighting scenes)

They are sort of complete opposites, but heh thats why I need your help :crazy:

Note 1: I really liked 1 liter of tears but I dont want to put that as a choice since is to serious, tragic/sad. Also I found aya (main character) cute/hot which also helps heheh.

Note 2: I was thinking of Linda Linda Linda, from what I hear (reviews, comments, and images) it looks cool. Furthermore, I am guessing it shows a real picture of Japanese youth culture. However, I cant find the torrent nowhere...(if theres even one yet)
Thanks
Last edited by TaintedWisdom on Jul 2nd, '06, 09:26, edited 1 time in total.

TaintedWisdom

Post by TaintedWisdom » Jul 2nd, '06, 09:25

Can You Bump a Thread? :crazy:

Cerviel

Dark jdramas?

Post by Cerviel » Jul 3rd, '06, 12:37

Hello ^^
I just finished watching Yasha (whoever seeded it - thank you so much!!!) and I was wondering if someone could recommend some jdramas of the sort.
Dark, painful and with a good plot ;)

I heard about Ningen Shikkaku and I think I'll try that one next (though I won't understand a thing without subs XD)
Could anyone tell me some more dark dramas?

Thank you =)

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jul 3rd, '06, 12:53

sleeping forest or a million star falling

sizuka

Post by sizuka » Jul 3rd, '06, 13:13

Byakuyakou or Unfair...

Cerviel

Post by Cerviel » Jul 3rd, '06, 13:15

thank you! I'll try them^^

I saw the first episode of byakuyakou but it couldn't really capture me. I'm not sure why but maybe it was that overused love&pain theme. I'm looking for something with an unique theme or some unique ideas to an already used theme. If you know what i mean ^^;

groink

Post by groink » Jul 3rd, '06, 18:15

Although it isn't uploaded anywhere on the Internet, my favorite kurai renzoku is Kono yo no Hate (1994).

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kono_yo_no_hate

--- groink

Littleangel91356

Post by Littleangel91356 » Jul 3rd, '06, 18:37

One of my favorite dark dramas is Ao no Jidai. Seriously. Doumoto Tsuyoshi was in it (he's a really good actor)and Okuna Megumi and she's actually a pretty good actress. This is a pretty orignal plot so if people are bored of the crap now a days, they should check it out.

Cerviel

Post by Cerviel » Jul 3rd, '06, 19:08

those two dramas sound really great!
too bad that kono yo no hate is not available to download, I bet it's a really good drama ; ;
but i'll definately check ao no jidai.
thank you =)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 5th, '06, 05:51

Merged theads "Is there one?" and "Dark jdramas?" into here.
Please remember to use this thread when asking for recommendations.

Thanks

aphroditesings

Post by aphroditesings » Jul 5th, '06, 06:07

the start of Orange Days has been good... thanks for those people who recommended it! anyone knows where i can download japanese movies?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 5th, '06, 06:08

aphroditesings wrote:anyone knows where i can download japanese movies?
Links of Interest
Asian Movie Torrent Links

martina_SMO

Post by martina_SMO » Jul 12th, '06, 02:48

This is not exactly a recommendation, since I still haven't watched it, but I think someone might be interested^_^

During the past season another drama based on a manga by Akimi Yoshida (also author of Yasha) has been aired on Asahi TV. It's Kisshoh Tennyo (Goddes of Fortune):

Chinese Subbed Torrents
http://bbs.btpig.com/viewthread.php?tid ... a=page%3D1
(so far there are only the first two episodes)

Official Page:
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kisshoh/

Info about the manga plot, in English::
http://users.skynet.be/mangaguide/au2124.html

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 12th, '06, 09:20

Hi people.

I was wondering if anyone know any other similar to HYD ?
Last edited by Neji-sama on Jul 3rd, '07, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 12th, '06, 14:52

dxtr wrote:Hi people.

I was wondering if anyone know any other teenage series like Hana Yori Dango(my first one ever and I love it!)?
Nobuta aired the same season and was extremely popular as well

Kakihara

Post by Kakihara » Jul 12th, '06, 15:10

My favorite is Attack No. 1 (about Volleyball)

Second favorite is Attention Please (about Cabin Attendant training).

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 12th, '06, 16:24

Okey i'll look them up here if there are some seeders :). Tys!

Btw you mean Nobuta no Produce right?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 12th, '06, 16:55

dxtr wrote:Okey i'll look them up here if there are some seeders :). Tys!

Btw you mean Nobuta no Produce right?
Yah, got lazy typing there :)

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 12th, '06, 23:23

Ah nice looks like an really intresting show :). *dling*

Coheed and Cambria

What are some good Jdramas with a high school setting?

Post by Coheed and Cambria » Jul 13th, '06, 04:49

<---(newbie to the site, not really a newbie to doramas)

I just finished watching Nobuta wo Produce, and I seriously love it. Horikita Maki is an AMAZING actress. Right now I'm getting Strawberry on the Shortcake. Can any of you reccomend any other good dramas with a high school setting?

*edit*

I apologize. I was looking for a category to post this in, and didn't see there was a designated Jdrama forum. I apologize, and I understand if this thread is moved.

bawkchoii

Post by bawkchoii » Jul 14th, '06, 03:54

Hey could somebody reccomend me a drama like Gokusen!? (besides GTO...) lol...and also do u kno where I can dl the dramas? Thanks!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: What are some good Jdramas with a high school setting?

Post by mizune » Jul 15th, '06, 03:48

Coheed and Cambria wrote:Can any of you reccomend any other good dramas with a high school setting?
bawkchoii wrote:Hey could somebody reccomend me a drama like Gokusen!? (besides GTO...) lol...and also do u kno where I can dl the dramas? Thanks!
Both of you, check out this thread:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22726

I think it's the most comprehensive list so far...
Most of the series can be downloaded here at d-addicts, jem, or j-tv's trackers. Check out the links on the left hand side of the forum idex page....

roon3ynguyen

Any scary japanese show or others

Post by roon3ynguyen » Jul 19th, '06, 08:15

hey any of u guys know of any scary asian show made in the 05 n 06s?

any recomended haahahah i dont know much o f scaarys stuffs lol

SweetLolita

Post by SweetLolita » Jul 26th, '06, 12:09

Kurosagi
1 litre of tears
Attention Please!
Densha Otoko
Strawberry on the shortcake
Moto Kare
Nobuta wo produce
Lunch Queen
Good Luck
Hana Yori Dango
Orange Days
Summer Snow
Water Boys
Water Boys 2
Beautiful Life
Stand up!!

tenshialchemist

Post by tenshialchemist » Jul 29th, '06, 15:01

Tokyo Wankei

Ceciel

Post by Ceciel » Aug 1st, '06, 13:49

The only jdorama I saw is 1 Litre of Tears
and it's really good !

requiem

Post by requiem » Aug 2nd, '06, 07:46

1. Beautiful Life - A thousand others have said it before, but this drama is by far my favorite from Japan. Although you know what is going to happen at the end, you can't help but watch the growing song of love between Takako and Takuya. Definitely Takuya's best work, too.

2. Shotgun Marriage - This might be the best introductory show to someone unfamiliar with Asian TV and comedy. It resorts to a lot of quality slapstick, and the overall storyline involves some serious decisions from the two main characters. Thus, I consider this my favorite show to present to my buddies.

3. Slow Dance - I must be weird; a lot of people didn't even think this show was fun. I honestly can't describe why it makes me feel so good. Perhaps it's the rock ballad that gently continuous throughout this piece, bringing a feeling of "dance."
Also, I tend to have a thing for mature women, and Eri Fukatsu somehow entrances me. I love her chemistry with Tsumabuki, since the concept of the "slow dance" really fits well between the love the share in this drama.

4. Long Vacation - The first drama I saw, but it still shines amongst my favorites. I love Takuya's character here, but Yamaguchi somehow gave the show the amount of life it needed to avoid being cliche. I was particularly fond of the musical aspect, too - it didn't manipulate the idea of classical music just to make the series sell - but instead used it to enhance the love between the main characters.

5. Hero - I'm not terribly fond of mystery shows, but both this drama and the anime Monster seem to really get my attention. Perhaps it's that they involve certain plot elements that aren't remotely overused. Somehow I feel Takuya wasn't as great as usual in this series, but I still love too much about it to look the other way.

life_in_the_east

reccomend any j-dramas?

Post by life_in_the_east » Aug 2nd, '06, 19:37

hey, i'm looking for new dramas to watch..can any one recommend any?

so far, i've seen: GTO, Gokusen 1 and 2, Gal Circle, Dragonzakura, and Hana Yori Dango....

can any recommend me anything similar to the genre of these dramas?
i guess i'm mainly looking for high school/comedy type dramas...

thanks in advance! :-)

jho
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jho » Aug 2nd, '06, 19:51

Nobuta wo Produce is a good school drama (:

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Aug 2nd, '06, 19:55

H2 is good high school/sport drama. The Queen's Classroom is not about high school but still about a scholl; primary at that. Nobuta is good too!

Japan Otaku

Post by Japan Otaku » Aug 2nd, '06, 20:01

If your looking for a complete series I recommend Trick (any of the 3 seasons, you might like it because Nakama Yukie is in it, who was also in Gokusen 1&2), Engine, Densha Otoko, or Shimokita Glory Days (you'd have to be a guy to like it alot). I'll warn you ahead of time that Shimokita Glory Days has 18+ content, but it is really a good series, if you put that aside.But for one's that are currently going on, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Sapuri, or My Boss My Hero.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Aug 2nd, '06, 20:20

Anyone know any teenage shows that are serious and not CORNY? Like Gokusen I thought it was going to be awesome considering it had a really good cast but geez, it's corny as hell :(!

So if anyone know any shows that are serious(not sure if you guys get me but a show that's really IRLish or so :D)

--- EDIT ---

Also anyone know any shows that's about badasses(gangs/delinquents)?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 3rd, '06, 03:40

If you're looking for recommendations, please use the existing Recommended/Favorite Jdramas thread...

thanks

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Aug 3rd, '06, 12:28

Anyone know any teenage shows that are serious and not CORNY? Like Gokusen I thought it was going to be awesome considering it had a really good cast but geez, it's corny as hell Sad!

So if anyone know any shows that are serious(not sure if you guys get me but a show that's really IRLish or so Big Smile)
--------

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Aug 3rd, '06, 13:04

Anyone know any teenage shows that are serious and not CORNY? Like Gokusen I thought it was going to be awesome considering it had a really good cast but geez, it's corny as hell Sad!

So if anyone know any shows that are serious(not sure if you guys get me but a show that's really IRLish or so Big Smile)
--------

A serious teenager show? How about H2 - http://jdorama.com/drama.856.htm ? It involves school, but never goes too deep into the human lessons crap we see so often in a school drama with teenagers. It's more about the complicated relationships between the 4 main characters with a bit of baseball thrown in.

As for a show about baddasses, have you watched Ikebukuro West Gate Park (IWGP) - http://jdorama.com/drama.483.htm yet? Here's a synopsis for yah, taken right from Jdorama:
Living in an area known for its juvenile crime, 21 year-old Makoto has become a member of a youth gang called the G-Boys. Known for his cool head and ability to get things done, Makoto becomes a key trouble-shooter for the gang by diffusing tense situations and keeping his friends out of harm's way. However, the death of his girlfriend and an escalating turf war with a rival gang threaten to be more than Makoto can handle.

Sars Fansubs is currently fansubbing this drama, and it's wickedly good. It has quite a lot of violence, blood, etc... but since you were asking about deliquents, I guess you'll love this :mrgreen: .

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Aug 4th, '06, 17:18

Mikomi, wow, thanks alot! Both dramas seems very intresting, especially the Ikebukuro West Gate Park!!!

Hopefully they're available on D-Addicts!!!!

Thanks again :))

supder

cooking drama

Post by supder » Aug 5th, '06, 01:14

I always like to watch cooking drama series. Can someone suggest me some of the good cooking drama besides Oishii Kankei? Thank you

AznAvenger

Post by AznAvenger » Aug 5th, '06, 01:17

You could try Lunch Queen. It's pretty good.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 5th, '06, 01:29

yea lunch queen aka: lunch no joou is good..

the only other one i can think of it 'Antique' starring hideaki takizawa, fujiki naohito, kippei shiina, abe hiroshi and koyuki... it was made in 2001... but it's about a bakery so i dunno if that's really considered as "cooking"

http://jdorama.com/drama.579.htm

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Aug 5th, '06, 01:30

i think there was one from that KSoTM.. something about cooking school, this guy, this girl, something something something...

sorry its so vague, i didn't watch it, so i don't remember the name!

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 5th, '06, 04:39

Baking is still cooking.
Cooking dramas sound really exciting and funny, LOL.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Aug 5th, '06, 04:52

cooking/food dramas? here are two that i can think of...

My Little Chef - lots of delicious French-style dishes

Shota no Sushi- it's really a drama about making sushi, but that's still cooking, right? :unsure:

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 5th, '06, 05:11

habukie wrote: Shota no Sushi- it's really a drama about making sushi, but that's still cooking, right? :unsure:
Yep, it's creation of cuisine, thus it is still cooking.

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Aug 5th, '06, 07:22

You can try Antique, I guess it's about baking..cakes that is.. It's prtty cool though, although it's a bit old..

asianblondgirl

Post by asianblondgirl » Aug 5th, '06, 21:44

This will be my second Jdrama, Ive mostly watches TW and Kdramas, i watched nabuta wo produse, and i liked it even though it was more of a friendship one.

Can anyone give me any sugjestions?
I like funny, romanceand all, but absalutly HATE sad endings, they kill me, i dont mind sad stuff in the drama and all as long as they get through it in the end.
can anyone give me any sugjestions.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Aug 5th, '06, 21:52

@asianblongirl
Try Boku Dake No Madonna hardsub from Japan-TV fansubs.

asianblondgirl

Post by asianblondgirl » Aug 5th, '06, 21:57

Thanks

snooopy06

Post by snooopy06 » Aug 6th, '06, 08:25

albertoavena wrote:You can try Antique, I guess it's about baking..cakes that is.. It's prtty cool though, although it's a bit old..
where can i download it

Japan Otaku

Post by Japan Otaku » Aug 6th, '06, 15:15

anyone watch Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi?

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 7th, '06, 05:31

I love shota no shushi! one of my favourite. the various japanese dishes and the tricks to make them are very interesting. + the young Kashiwabara Takashi is cute :)

I also watched lunch queen recently. it's about restaurant of japanese western cuisine (omelette, curry rice etc) run by a family. i always enjoy watching the relationships between people in jdrama. it's many "stars" including very cute Takeuchi Yuko (looks good in short hair!) and Yamashita Tomohisa and Tsumabuki Satoshi and Yamada Takayuki.

Another older series is Delicious Relationship abt french cuisine, with Nakayama Miho

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Aug 7th, '06, 06:05

oh and almost missed one more cooking drama, it's about a chinese restaurant on a cruise ship. Can't remember the title, something like "hot chinese cuisine"? quite interesting also.

Tao Libra

Post by Tao Libra » Aug 7th, '06, 07:52

Japan Otaku wrote:anyone watch Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi?
Only the episodes that have been soft-subbed (1-6) -- but it's really good, so far…

There are still seeders on it, if you want to grab the whole series in one batch:
A Million Stars Falling From The Sky

And you can get the subtitles HERE.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 9th, '06, 02:14

^ Otherwise, you can get the entire series hardsubbed from an old tv rip here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Aug 9th, '06, 02:45

Although I can say it certainly isn't for everyone, I really liked that drama. It was so different from other dramas I've seen. A mix of mystery, suspense and a hint of romance I guess. Kimura Takuya playes his twisted angsty characters really well. The twists and turns in each episode made it gripping to watch.

I'm so glad there's a high quality versionbeing soft subbed (they're up to ep6). The low quality hard sub version is complete and can be found: here
Although you would have to download each episode individually.

Those who liked A Million Stars Falling From the Sky might also like A Sleeping Forest also starring Kimura Takuya.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 9th, '06, 03:21

touchthesun wrote:
Although I can say it certainly isn't for everyone, I really liked that drama. It was so different from other dramas I've seen. A mix of mystery, suspense and a hint of romance I guess. Kimura Takuya playes his twisted angsty characters really well. The twists and turns in each episode made it gripping to watch.

I'm so glad there's a high quality versionbeing soft subbed (they're up to ep6). The low quality hard sub version is complete and can be found: here
Although you would have to download each episode individually.

Those who liked A Million Stars Falling From the Sky might also like A Sleeping Forest also starring Kimura Takuya.
A Sleeping Forest DVD JTV :D

hkgirl

Post by hkgirl » Aug 10th, '06, 21:46

Thanks to all the folks who recommended Pride. I got no sleep last night. :cussing: :thumleft: I kept feeling myself falling asleep at work and having some very strange day dreams . I dread to think what I did work wise, I don't think I sent any emails :lol

Any one want to recommend something that I'll like if I like Pride? The weekend is coming up and sleep is overated anyway. :cheers:

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Aug 10th, '06, 23:24

asianblondgirl wrote:This will be my second Jdrama, Ive mostly watches TW and Kdramas, i watched nabuta wo produse, and i liked it even though it was more of a friendship one.

Can anyone give me any sugjestions?
I like funny, romanceand all, but absalutly HATE sad endings, they kill me, i dont mind sad stuff in the drama and all as long as they get through it in the end.
can anyone give me any sugjestions.
"Great Teacher Onizuka live action" is the undesputed best j-drama ( http://jdorama.com/topdramas.htm ) That one changed my life. It gave me a positive outlook on life. My favorite drama though is "Orange Days". Avoid "A Million Stars Falling from the Sky" It will make you deppresed for a while. This is a link where to download all these dramas http://jtv-tracker.clubbed.org/index.php?order=size . Ja ne

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 11th, '06, 04:09

itachi666 wrote: "Great Teacher Onizuka live action" is the undesputed best j-drama ( http://jdorama.com/topdramas.htm )
Actually, GTO is probably one of the most disputed "best" dramas out there (Heck, I'll dispute you on it now if you want... :lol)... Unfortunately, the Jdorama poll is just horribly skewed... :/
I'm not saying that the top dramas listed aren't good, but they aren't exactly a fair scale for the comparative merit of jdramas either...

Keeper of hells gate2

Post by Keeper of hells gate2 » Aug 12th, '06, 06:27

Hi, I was wondering if some people could give me some recommendation of Horror, Mystery, phycotoic Thriller Drama. I am looking for something with a little edge to it. I am soooooooo bad with names.

Dramas - along the lines that I have seen and what to see more of.
That ring like series
Charuikins (SP) it won JSOTW
Trick (all seasons)

Thanks

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Aug 12th, '06, 09:45

Keeper of hells gate2 wrote:Hi, I was wondering if some people could give me some recommendation of Horror, Mystery, phycotoic Thriller Drama. I am looking for something with a little edge to it. I am soooooooo bad with names.

Dramas - along the lines that I have seen and what to see more of.
That ring like series
Charuikins (SP) it won JSOTW
Trick (all seasons)
You should definitely see Keizoku if you haven't already...
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Keizoku

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 12th, '06, 16:41

Keeper of hells gate2 wrote:Hi, I was wondering if some people could give me some recommendation of Horror, Mystery, phycotoic Thriller Drama. I am looking for something with a little edge to it.
I'm assuming you need subtiltes too? :unsure:
I haven't watched most of these, but you may want to try:
100 Tales of Horror (on jem's tracker)
A Sleeping Forest (or anything written by Nozawa Hisashi, if you can find it)
A Million Stars Falling from the Sky
Iryu Team Medical Dragon
I thought Koukou kyoushi (either series) has some messed up stuff in it... O_o;
and in some ways, Joou no kyoushitsu (Queen's classroom) kind of fits the bill... ^_^;

Series that haven't been fully translated include:
Byakuyakou
Long Love Letter

Keeper of hells gate2

Post by Keeper of hells gate2 » Aug 12th, '06, 18:31

Thanks for the suggestions

I have seen
Joou no kyoushitsu (that teacher was still really messed up)
Keizoku (The ending was kind of crappy)
Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi

Kaidan Hyaku Monogatari Seems interesting, but Jem Tracker is down or has disappeared. Did he move?
Koukou kyoushi NO SEEDS at all.

I am going to give Long Love Letter a try. It seems interesting and got some good ratings. Thanks

indokid

Post by indokid » Aug 12th, '06, 21:55

Keeper of hells gate2 wrote:Hi, I was wondering if some people could give me some recommendation of Horror, Mystery, phycotoic Thriller Drama. I am looking for something with a little edge to it. I am soooooooo bad with names.
Byakuyakou!! the story gets too complex though at some points.. i got lost many times

Kaito5

Post by Kaito5 » Aug 15th, '06, 09:26

I can only recomend one j-drama and it's 1 litre of tears But if you don't want to watch really really sad dramas then stay away from this one. I shed tears pretty much every episode but it's such a beautiful story and will always touch my heart. If it hadn't been a true story it would still be very sad but since it is, it really touched me to watch her go through all that pain and still be able to smile and laugh :cry:

japysia

Post by japysia » Aug 15th, '06, 11:58

Ame to Yume no Ato ni and M no Higeki

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Aug 16th, '06, 00:48

mizune wrote:
itachi666 wrote: "Great Teacher Onizuka live action" is the undesputed best j-drama ( http://jdorama.com/topdramas.htm )
Actually, GTO is probably one of the most disputed "best" dramas out there (Heck, I'll dispute you on it now if you want... :lol)... Unfortunately, the Jdorama poll is just horribly skewed... :/
I'm not saying that the top dramas listed aren't good, but they aren't exactly a fair scale for the comparative merit of jdramas either...
Mizune, I agree with you. I watched GTO first 4 or 5 eps and skipped to the last eps and the Special. The Special confirmed that I did not miss this great series. For me, the greatest is still Long Vacation. And I am hoping to see Kame replace Kimura Takuya as my addiction!

japysia

Post by japysia » Aug 17th, '06, 01:55

Ame to Yume no Ato ni (Jdrama)

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 17th, '06, 05:31

Kurosagi, HYD, 1 Litre of Tears... etc.

wapuro

Post by wapuro » Aug 19th, '06, 01:54

hmm...... :scratch: you can try Anata no tonari ni dareka iru
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Anata_no_tonari_ni_dareka_iru
I just finished that dorama......suspense plus little horror....... :thumright:

kame-cami

Post by kame-cami » Aug 20th, '06, 10:46

Hi everyone!!! :cheers:
I'd like to ask for some recommendations for mystery/detective jdramas....
The only one I've watched so far are the Kindaichi series, which I totally love!!! :wub:
Want to find something similar to these series.... thanx !!I

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 22nd, '06, 11:40

kame-cami wrote:Hi everyone!!! :cheers:
I'd like to ask for some recommendations for mystery/detective jdramas....
The only one I've watched so far are the Kindaichi series, which I totally love!!! :wub:
Want to find something similar to these series.... thanx !!I
Detective Conan will soon be coming out as a drama adaptation.
But, Kurosagi is a real good one about swindlers and money and justice... fighting fire with fire.