>>* Lee Jun Ki *<<

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jul 8th, '06, 02:16

I love subbed LJK clips! :wub:

banzaiboi

Post by banzaiboi » Jul 8th, '06, 02:28

my friend absolutely loves him .. i dont know what girls see in him. his such a girl .. LOL .. nah .. no idol bashing here __ i loved my girl tho.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 8th, '06, 22:28

banzaiboi wrote:my friend absolutely loves him .. i dont know what girls see in him. his such a girl .. LOL .. nah .. no idol bashing here __ i loved my girl tho.
It's called "acting"

bella_mygga_insek

Post by bella_mygga_insek » Jul 9th, '06, 11:49

nooo! lee jun ki is a man! i love love love him!

banzaiboi

Post by banzaiboi » Jul 9th, '06, 12:21

heyy .. theres a lee jun kii thread here =]
http://268.freebb.com/feel3forum/feel3f ... le424.html <-- click!

please join this forum and support korean actors and actresses !! ^__^

ONEGAI!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 9th, '06, 17:52

[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3130 ... 5589kx.jpg[/img]

060412 SBS ent tv (fly daddy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-25UTXhx4c
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MMY7GLUI
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/jf4a8

Credit: mangosteen for timing, taekyonkat@lovejunki for translations, me for editing

[img]http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6982 ... 6455vl.jpg[/img]

060203 SBS My Girl NG, interview.avi
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/0vca8
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I31KOJ3J

credit: Taekyonkat@lovejunki for spot translating missing lines. I don't know who did original translation.

weeshfulluv

Post by weeshfulluv » Jul 10th, '06, 20:29

lostxemotion wrote:OMGGG I LOVEE HIMM!! I LOVE LEE JUN KIII SOO MUCH wahahha. hes my #1 guy in the WHOLE damn world. lol. i wuz so upset tho cuz in "my girl" he should have been the main character
i agree so much . I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!! sighs . i wanted him to be the main character in " my girl" too . i wish they went together . they seemed so happy and was so cute . ><

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » Jul 10th, '06, 20:59

Thanks everyone for sharing!! Yup I agree he's really adorable. I first saw him in My Girl, and thought that he was pretty good looking, but then he had so much volumen (don't know if it's the same word in english) in hair. (his hair looked so strange round...can't explain it) but yeah I rewachet it again and then I kinda got used to it and I gotta say I really like him. Okay I'm sure you didn't understand what I was blabbering about right now, but doesn't matter!!I just really like him he's realllllly cuuute ><I>< I was too lazzy to search through the pages, but then I still looked through a few pages and then I found it out. Yup it's subbed and Eliza has it on her cb sooo I'm sorrry for asking this question for the 100th time^^

bella_mygga_insek

Post by bella_mygga_insek » Jul 13th, '06, 09:39

HELLO JUNKI-FANS! PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE: http://yule.sohu.com/s2006/5192/s244210891/

AND VOTE FOR LEE JUN KI.

IF YOU DON´T KNOW CHINESE LETTERS THEN YOU CAN EVEN VOTE, IT´S EASY, JUST MARK JUNKI´S PICTURE AND CLICK ON THE LEFT BUTTON. IF YOU´VE DONE IT RIGHT THEN IT´LL POP UP A WINDOW AND SHOW THE RESULTS OF THE VOTING.

snooopy06

Post by snooopy06 » Jul 19th, '06, 13:07

any new drama for him

where can I found updated information about him
Last edited by snooopy06 on Jul 20th, '06, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jul 19th, '06, 18:28

seirin-thanks for the Lee Jun Ki vidoes with subs! :mrgreen: he's soooo hot && cute && funny! i LOVE him! :wub: :wub: :wub:
thanks again! :salut:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 20th, '06, 09:10

snooopy06 wrote:any new drama for him

where can I found updated information about him
The Junki thread on soompi moves much faster than here. There's alot of updated clips, pictures and news posted there

Addicoffee

Post by Addicoffee » Jul 21st, '06, 04:16

Since this is my first time posting in this forum, I will make my first post in Junki thread. I've been a fan of Korean stuffs for the last 6 years now but this is the first time I'm actually crazy over a Korean actor who happen to be Lee Junki. All thanks to his movie King and Clown. How can you not love Gong-gil?! :D

I remember a director once said 'love can not be define, once you can define it, it's not love anymore'. I found it so true. I can't define exactly what it is about Junki that make me like him so much. All I know is that, he definitely has this special thing about him that set him apart from all.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 22nd, '06, 08:07

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jul 23rd, '06, 19:52

I like this thread more than Soompi, I think, because there are just soooo many posts at Soompi that I can't keep up unless I stick to only a couple of threads--and I could never do that! ;) So, I just go by LJK's thread every once in a while and try to go back a couple pages each time.

BTW, thanks for all those clips! :wub:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 23rd, '06, 21:10

I tend to post more clips at soompi cuz otherwise, I think I will end up occupying half the posts here ^^; He has new clips every few days and when clips are out usually there's several in a day. Also there's updates almost daily cuz he maintains a cyworld, so yea, the thread moves pretty fast there sometimes.

jae-ahn

Post by jae-ahn » Jul 24th, '06, 05:18

nEw heRe...
i'm a meMber oF jUn kI's threAd in so0mpi....

c0ngrATs oPpa jUn.....

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 24th, '06, 06:08

Super thanks to Kitty for putting the effort to translate this long article :)

[Interview] <Fly Daddy> Lee Junki- Dreaming To Be An Extraordinary Actor

[img]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9377/flydaddy01ee3.jpg[/img]

The phrase one can most easily put next to actor Lee Junki's name is 'a man more beautiful than women'. To an actor, these words could mean poison or medicine, and Lee Junki has chosen to make it a strong point of his career. Even up to the filming of <The King's Man>, Lee Junki probably felt uneasiness towards the future of his acting days. However, <The King's Man>, which broke records in the korean movie industry, brought large changes into the life of his acting career. Lee Junki, who is now wrapped around in confidence about acting, attempts to be even more unusual with the movie <Fly Daddy>. Max Movie met actor Lee Junki, who tries to bring out the best of his characters with his brilliant looks.

#1. Walking the way of being an actor between heaven and hell

The starting point of an acting career is the desire to do it. He discovered the road he wanted to follow after being dragged to a small theatre by a friend of his who was studying theatre in the 10th grade. Lee Junki, who felt the thrill from the actor standing onstage, decided then that he wanted to be the kind of person who gave others that same feeling also. "I was envious of the looks from the audience that the actor onstage received. I was so full of admiration to that actor, who could control the audience's emotions, that he even looked like God."

Although he is a star that everyone in the nation now recognizes, the looks he used to receive from back when he first started acting were unkind. Because he had never had any acting lessons of any kind before then, people gave him scornful laughs in return for his acting. He didn't want to back out now, though he had started at a later age than others surrounded by the scornful laughter. Instead, he stepped forward one by one. He wanted to prove to everyone that there was no one to stop a person who worked hard towards their dreams from progressing. He failed at many auditions, but never once did he regret taking this certain road. "Even now, I'm still working hard to fill in the spots that I'm not good at with passion."

With difficulty, he got into a major in theatre, but the act of stepping one's first foot into society couldn't be done with just passion. "During those days, people probably only saw the negative sides of me." His naive mind to want to move another person's emotions onstage had turned into 'a mission'. "These days, I involuntarily get mad when someone says that I can't act, because my self-respect has become stronger." He says that nowadays, he goes between heaven and hell based on the general public's judgement on his acting skills.

[img]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4089/flydaddy02vh2.jpg[/img]

#2. The future rests on how hard I work

"'During <The King's Man>, I wish that some other actor had done it'. I would've been really depressed if the major reaction had been this." The starting point where he began to leave a deep impression on the audiences was <The King's Man>. Lee Junki found a more mature side of him after the release of <The King's Man>. His popularity, which doesn't seem to go down even after time passes, changed his views on acting. "I'm still lacking a lot of things to be able to win the 'Best Male Actor' award. I want to go after the award when I'm in my thirties. I feel that just receiving the 'Best Newcomer' award during my twenties is a valuable start."

Good acting doesn't come naturally, and so one has to work harder than anything for it. His wanting to be a true actor instead of a shining star shows during filming. He showed us his sensible way of thinking, telling us that the immense popularity he had right now wouldn't last forever. He deals with the biased views people have of him in an intelligent way. It's been a long time since he threw away the fear of losing his popularity, which is bound to come down at some time.

In reply to the question of 'where do you think you will be in twenty years', he replied carefully, "It depends on how much hard work I put in". "I believe that I'll be either one or the other: a fallen actor, or an actor who is still doing well until then. Instead of being swept up in popularity, I want to devote myself to my work diligently. If there is one thing I want to hear when I'm that age is that I still have potential to be an actor."

An actor has to be able to do anything for his/her character. He believes that although it is not the chosen work, an actor is a 'conductor' due to the fact that they have the chance to freely move around a person's emotions. "I think that the key point is to be able to express the scenario that one has read enjoyably. I'm not someone who can perfectly pull off a role, but I want to continue my career steadily in search of a solution."

During the interview, Lee Junki kept repeating this: "I want to get out of the image of 'GongGil'." This is the reason he chose to do <Fly Daddy>. Lee Junki, who has been receiving much love from female fans with his 'cute guy' image, is learning how to live life from his acting in a renewed way. "I think he's similiar to me in the fact that he doesn't easily agree with the world. For his past that wasn't expressed in the scenario, the director and I discussed it and made it."

He knows that people will give a cold evalution of his acting. Although he buys misunderstandings because of his confidence and nonawareness of other people's bad gazes towards himself, he feels that anti's are parts of being an actor with a large amount of popularity. His actions have become careful because of the attention everyone has on his daily, personal life as well. "I feel that it's one of the things I have to accept, being a public figure."

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3803 ... y03be8.jpg[/img]

#3. Patient of fear of heights rock-climbs

Thanks to regular exercise, there was no difficulty in acting out action scenes. However, for the filming of the rock-climbing, there were some real hardships. His body had a rejecting reaction because of the use of muscles that he didn't normally use. Watching people rock-climb on TV, he thought that, 'All I have to do is hold on to the rocks and go up', but as it turned out, it wasn't that simple. "It was hard supporting myself with the power of my finger joints. I had to work hard to make myself look like a real rock-climbing professional."

In real life, he has a fear of heights that everytime he goes somewhere high up, he starts to tremble, but in the movie, he really wanted to act the part of 'SeungSuk'. Upon first receiving the scenario, he thought that the character 'SeungSuk' had as much pain as himself. "I felt that a made-up character lacking facial wounds would lessen the spirit. I had a lot of discussions with the director about the size of the wound. If it was too big, then it might come off as unlikeable. We must've discussed these things for almost a month (laugh)."

While filming <Fly Daddy>, he felt an unspeakable fear, but didn't let it on to anyone. This was because he didn't want to make everyone around him do more hard work just for him. Lee Junki has an opinion that as an actor, he should get through his fears, and right now, he's happier than anyone could be. "I don't want to be a star who shines and then disappears. I want to be a true actor who marks his place among the crowd."

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5526 ... y04si8.jpg[/img]

#4. I don't want to imitate someone else's acting

Lee Junki, who gained instant fame with the movie <The King's Man>, still has the mind he had as a newcomer. He says that although his surroundings have changed drastically, the 'human Lee Junki' hasn't changed at all. He hasn't forgotten about his ambition to go forward as an actor, no matter what his popularity is. This actor, who still has an endless list of things to show us, couldn't seem to contain his passion. "To succeed more, I need to pick good productions to further increase myself as an actor than do a film with a female actress. To an actor, it's a great experience to be able to do well in a film."

Coming back as a strong guy and smelling of sweat in <Fly Daddy>, he didn't read the original novel nor watch the Japanese movie based on <Fly Daddy>. He had a chance to, but he didn't. This was because he felt that it would interfere with his own making of the character of 'SeungSuk'. In the case of <The King's Man>, he did watch the play <Yi> beforehand, but it didn't help much, and only interfered with his own making of 'GongGil'. "I didn't want to copy whoever did the character first".

There are some actors who only want to emboss their own characters without thinking of the flow of the story. In opposition, there are also actors who make the story live and at the same time emboss their own characters as well. Without an explanation needed, actor Lee Junki wants to be the latter and always asks himself, 'What would I do if I were 'SeungSuk' in a situation like this?', never letting the character get out of his body.

[img]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5500 ... y05kf1.jpg[/img]

#5. With unwavering trust in acting..

In contrast with his feminine looks, he has self-control that is almost to the point of stubbornness. He is even clear and accurate with his choosing of films. He chooses films that he can convey the emotions he himself felt while filming to the audience. To an actor, the audience's interest in one's acting is essential. Although he is in the place of a star at the moment, he wants to keep on jumping over obstacles in his career.

There are a lot of actors who can act in front of a camera, but there aren't many actors who are willing to give their trust to the audience. Lee Junki, who still is embarassed when referred to himself as a main actor, prefers to call himself a cooperation actor instead. "In the case of <The King's Man>, each and every day was filled with tension, but I think that I filmed <Fly Daddy> more enjoyably. I was even more happy because of Lee MoonShik senior, who never got annoyed or irritated in times of hard work and led me through with a relaxing mind."

Because of the uncertainty of his acting taking a step back, he doesn't even have any blank time. That's why he says that he wishes that when he does have some free time, he wants to go to an empty beach and think about himself and his actions over past events.

Lee Junki, who is standing where he is now thanks to his unwavering trust in acting, says that the one thing he wants to hear after <Fly Daddy> is that he is an actor who has completed a successful film. He says that when he met with the director after finishing up the filming of <Fly Daddy>, that his trust didn't waver a bit in the film. He says that this was because of how enjoyable it was to film it, and his belief that he has finished a film that lets out emotions about the importance of family. He didn't even seem to have any burdens about all the attention it has been getting. We are looking forward to Lee Junki, who has jumped over his reputation as a 'pretty guy' into an 'actor with acting skills'.

-credits to mentor, seirin, translations by taeyeonkat@lovejunki.net

jae-ahn

Post by jae-ahn » Jul 24th, '06, 06:15

hi seirin....
thanks for the news...

_gillean_

Post by _gillean_ » Jul 25th, '06, 06:52

he pretty hot looking..

but his eyes.. doesn't it look japanese or chinese a little?lol

and does anybody recommend any more dramas of his? I would like to watch^.^

blueberry08

Post by blueberry08 » Jul 25th, '06, 09:02

Lee Jun Ki really is good looking! :wub: I find him even more good-looking than the lead Dong Wook but he's not as manly as him though. When I say manly, I say "Bi". But still, My Girl's better than Full House of course (for me).

The dubber doesn't fit well Jung-woo's voice (played by Jun-ki) in this dubbed My Girl I'm watching. :glare: I guess I have to buy the episodes just as so to feel their true voices.

jase

Post by jase » Jul 25th, '06, 10:08

totally agree...junki is so good looking

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 26th, '06, 07:14

_gillean_ wrote:he pretty hot looking..

He's prefers movies so he's mostly in movies. The only other drama he was in so far besides My Girl was "drama city" What should I do. And small role in Star's Echo and nonstop 4. If you want to watch his old works, you'll have to watch movies like Flying Boys, Hotel Venus, K&C. His new movie Fly Daddy is showing in Korea next week. Fly Daddy looks awesome. The Junki kicks look hot.

http://blog.naver.com/olive293?Redirect ... 1000597572

bella_mygga_insek

Post by bella_mygga_insek » Jul 26th, '06, 08:29

yeah, i´ve also seen that he prefer to film movies. That´s a pity I think, cos then I can´t see so much of him, and movies have a tendens to be weird in some way.

Hope he´ll do more drama´s there he´s the mainactor in it.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jul 26th, '06, 09:10

seirin wrote:I tend to post more clips at soompi cuz otherwise, I think I will end up occupying half the posts here ^^; He has new clips every few days and when clips are out usually there's several in a day. Also there's updates almost daily cuz he maintains a cyworld, so yea, the thread moves pretty fast there sometimes.
Just so you know, it wouldn't bother me in the least to see your posts dominating this thread. If you need, I can reply to every single one of them so you'll only have half the posts here. :lol

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 27th, '06, 02:13

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Jul 27th, '06, 03:53

he is totally out of mind..damn cute...

_gillean_

Post by _gillean_ » Jul 27th, '06, 05:59

seirin wrote:
_gillean_ wrote:he pretty hot looking..

He's prefers movies so he's mostly in movies. The only other drama he was in so far besides My Girl was "drama city" What should I do. And small role in Star's Echo and nonstop 4. If you want to watch his old works, you'll have to watch movies like Flying Boys, Hotel Venus, K&C. His new movie Fly Daddy is showing in Korea next week. Fly Daddy looks awesome. The Junki kicks look hot.

http://blog.naver.com/olive293?Redirect ... 1000597572
oic.. thanks for informing! :salut:

thequondam

Post by thequondam » Jul 27th, '06, 10:10

xx
Last edited by thequondam on Jan 2nd, '10, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

zaechi

Post by zaechi » Jul 29th, '06, 06:09

when is fly daddy going to be shown?

i love joon kin i was able to watch the king and the clown and he is such a great actor!!!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 29th, '06, 06:13

Fly Daddy officially opens on Aug 3rd in Korean theatres. Might have to wait til end of the year or early next for the DVD.

zaechi

Post by zaechi » Jul 29th, '06, 06:27

oh my Thanks seirin so much for being generous! :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 29th, '06, 18:18

zaechi

Post by zaechi » Jul 30th, '06, 04:21

is there another movie on the line for our junki after fly daddy?

when will he be busy again?!

ahh i just can't get enough of him!!

jae-ahn

Post by jae-ahn » Jul 30th, '06, 08:04

^^ yA he haS a moVie....
bUt he's n0t the maiN cHaraCter.....

well me to0....
can't get enough of him also.......

zaechi

Post by zaechi » Jul 30th, '06, 14:46

really?? it's really okay as long as we see him haha :)

thanks jae-ahn

tisa

Post by tisa » Jul 30th, '06, 14:56

He's not cute but beautifull. That's not the same. If i could just look at him for the rest of my life i'd die happy. He reminds me of a tibetan and not Japanesee (maybe only his haircut) so i wonder if he has some of tibetan blood running through his veins. I can imagine him very well in a historical drama where he would play a bishonen whith a cool character. That's how i'd like to see him but don't know if my wish will ever come true.
I'm sure he'd be great in some other series too but he just hasn't been given a chance to show what he is made of. Must say he's one of my favourites just by looking at his aura.

bella_mygga_insek

Post by bella_mygga_insek » Jul 30th, '06, 17:58

tisa wrote:He's not cute but beautifull. That's not the same. If i could just look at him for the rest of my life i'd die happy. He reminds me of a tibetan and not Japanesee (maybe only his haircut) so i wonder if he has some of tibetan blood running through his veins. I can imagine him very well in a historical drama where he would play a bishonen whith a cool character. That's how i'd like to see him but don't know if my wish will ever come true.
I'm sure he'd be great in some other series too but he just hasn't been given a chance to show what he is made of. Must say he's one of my favourites just by looking at his aura.
lol... you sounds like a old fortune teller! I think he´s 100% korean, but I´m only guessing so anyone can correct me on that point!

But some koreans does not look korean, like Kim Hee Chul from Super junior, he looks like a japanese. The first time I saw him I thought he was a japanese guy!! :blink , But that´s one of the reasons I also like Hee Chul, I like his japanese look!

And also the reason for that I love love junki, for that he´s a special look! :wub:

but there´s one point I can´t agree with u, it´s that he´s not cute, I can find him very cute! And also very very beautiful. But I can´t call him handsome, cos that word does not describe lee jun ki´s look.

tisa

Post by tisa » Jul 30th, '06, 22:38

I also find him cute with short hair. Whith cute i mean girlish.
Oh so he is a 100 % Korean. I really couldn't tell but not that it matters :-)
But i don't get why a fortune teller :scratch: :blink :scratch:
Anyway he's very promising :-)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 31st, '06, 00:18

Credits to:

Translator: purpletiger86@soompi.com
Spot Translation and QC: teal@soompi.com
Timers: innerouter2000, victory@WITHS2
Encoder, Final QC: seirin@WITHS2
Coordinators: seirin, mily2@WITHS2

[img]http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8793/s ... 958wi8.jpg[/img]

Drama City Ep.234-What Should I Do (11-07-040).wmv (LQ - 160mb - hardsub)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1AAPCMJ

Drama City Ep.234-What Should I Do.avi (HQ - 700mb - hardsub)
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/g6in8

Drama City Ep.234-What Should I Do 350.avi (MQ - 350mb - hardsub)
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/h6in8
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2U3N1I63 (part 1 rar)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QGMK6CMG (part 2 rar)

Drama City Ep.234-What Should I Do (11-07-040).srt (soft sub)
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/edin8
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=45GAKEHL
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a61wql

Drama City Ep.234-What Should I Do (11-07-04).avi (raw)
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/gv968
Last edited by seirin on Jul 31st, '06, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

babytarragon

Post by babytarragon » Jul 31st, '06, 00:55

I love Lee Jun Ki! his acting in King's man was just...beautiful

However I hated how he looked in My Girl! the haircut is so unflattering and covers his face...he needs a hair cut to show his jaw and cheeks and eyebrows I think....maybe that's only my taste!

I think this is funny...This is my Ball Jointed Doll and a screenshot I took of King's man...I wonder if the doll wasn't modelled on him...heehee

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/b ... ijunki.jpg[/img]

also, I was VERY bored and made a little GIF using the outtake part of the King's man DVD....love this outtake!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/b ... n/kiss.gif[/img]

one more screenshot from king's man
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/b ... agon/7.jpg
Last edited by babytarragon on Jul 31st, '06, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 31st, '06, 01:29

Well, mangas and dolls are suppose to be drawn to show the "ideal beauty" of a human face. Junki just happens to be beautiful because he inherts all those features (except the ears). It's not commonly found in humans, so it makes his look very unique. He's not your typical rugged male type, but he inherts the beauty found in females, but also posses the male personality.
So he's quite unique. He can be better looking than females because he has the "ideal beauty" but also can be a very handsome man because he has a masculine personality and body. And my masculine body I don't mean having 6 packs, but he has some muscles and kick ass martial arts. I think it would be difficult to find an actress who would look better than Junki to take the female role.

babytarragon

Post by babytarragon » Jul 31st, '06, 01:54

seirin wrote: Well, mangas and dolls are suppose to be drawn to show the "ideal beauty" of a human face.
oops didn't quote enough, this is talking about Jun ki too ^-^

oh! you mean all those rules of perfect proportions? I think if we studied him scientifically we would find it's true! (except those adorable ears as you mentioned!)

personally, having watched king's man before my girl i found him being cast in my girl as a little bit of a waste...only because king's man had used so many things unique to him.
the part literally was only for him. (his looks, voice and acting were all perfect) whereas i felt in my girl the character didn't use this enough...more of a pretty boy...he still did an amazing job, he played a character that was written as a menacing playboy and made it endearing...still I personally prefer to see him in more serious roles....

anyone feel the opposite? maybe hes better suited to the pretty boys, i don't know!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 31st, '06, 03:12

I agree My Girl was kind of a waste of his talents. He pulled it off well, but I don't think he enjoyed it too much either. Someone posted scribbles he made on his script. He thought Jeong Woo was pathetic and he didn't want to do it anymore ^^; Not sure if he wrote it as a joke or if he really felt that way. But filming of My Girl started in November. And contract probably signed earlier than that before he got popular. It was difficult for him to get alot of roles because of his unique features. Even in Fly Daddy, they just took a gamble to cast him cuz he was an unknown. They didn't even pay him much for it in the original contract. Like some articles wrote. They picked the right time to harvest and will reap from their decision. Anyhow, Junki picked the role because he wanted to work with Lee Mun Shik. As for dramas, not sure if he will do another one next year as he prefers movies. Dramas tend to be abit too melodramatic anyhow. I hate seeing Junki crying. It makes me upset.

bella_mygga_insek

Post by bella_mygga_insek » Jul 31st, '06, 10:37

actually I disagree, I think he shouldn´t use his "pretty-boy side" up to 100%, only a little. I liked him more in my girl than in the king and the clown, even if his face is like that his personality is more manly than for the role like gong-gil in king n the clown.

For me he´s the perfect man like a little bit badboy! Even if the face doesn´t suit this character, but it can get more girls to fall for him.

The tears he shed in my girl took my heart, if he wouldn´t be so pathetic then he wouldn´t take my whole heart, I felt sorry for him in my girl and then I falled for him.

tisa

Post by tisa » Jul 31st, '06, 10:54

wow didn't know he played in King and the clown (it's probably not subbed so i can't watch it anyway :glare: ) and in a role that suits him perfectly must agree. He looks like a god from some old hostorical tale which i really like the most).

bella_mygga_insek

Post by bella_mygga_insek » Jul 31st, '06, 11:15

tisa wrote:wow didn't know he played in King and the clown (it's probably not subbed so i can't watch it anyway :glare: ) and in a role that suits him perfectly must agree. He looks like a god from some old hostorical tale which i really like the most).
the king and the clown is subbed, you can go n watch it at youtube.com-

tisa

Post by tisa » Jul 31st, '06, 12:45

bella_mygga_insek wrote:
tisa wrote:wow didn't know he played in King and the clown (it's probably not subbed so i can't watch it anyway :glare: ) and in a role that suits him perfectly must agree. He looks like a god from some old historical tale which i really like the most).
I've watched the trailer and I don't think i can watch this. This movie is just to beautiful. I don't think i could stand it.
The setting of that time is so real, the colors so abnormal, and the music breath taking.
I'll just keep in my mind that this is a beautiful movie rather than watching it.

bella_mygga_insek

Post by bella_mygga_insek » Jul 31st, '06, 12:47

tisa wrote:
bella_mygga_insek wrote:
tisa wrote:wow didn't know he played in King and the clown (it's probably not subbed so i can't watch it anyway :glare: ) and in a role that suits him perfectly must agree. He looks like a god from some old historical tale which i really like the most).
I've watched the trailer and I don't think i can watch this. This movie is just to beautiful. I don't think i could stand it.
The setting of that time is so real, the colors so abnormal, and the music breath taking.
I'll just keep in my mind that this is a beautiful movie rather than watching it.
AHA! So that´s the case! I got it! ^_^

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 31st, '06, 14:35

bella_mygga_insek wrote:actually I disagree, I think he shouldn´t use his "pretty-boy side" up to 100%, only a little. I liked him more in my girl than in the king and the clown, even if his face is like that his personality is more manly than for the role like gong-gil in king n the clown.

For me he´s the perfect man like a little bit badboy! Even if the face doesn´t suit this character, but it can get more girls to fall for him.

The tears he shed in my girl took my heart, if he wouldn´t be so pathetic then he wouldn´t take my whole heart, I felt sorry for him in my girl and then I falled for him.
Its not that he used pretty boy side in K&C. It's the fact that the role he did is so unique in Korea. He took the role that no one dared to play and did it so well. He was so gentle and beautiful, he stole the hearts of many females and males in Korea. Hence is rise to stardom.
If I was the King I would pick Gong Gil over Noksu LOL Gong Gil was played out so well. Noksu was a ****, while Gong Gil was such a sweet little thing. I seriously didn't feel the romance between the 3 characters people kept talking about. But I felt alot of emotions of strong friendship, sympathy and empathy. Course, I wasn't so amused by the clowns vulgar jokes.

babytarragon

Post by babytarragon » Jul 31st, '06, 20:27

tisa wrote:
I think that might be a good choice. once you have watched it, you can't focus on anything.... also it has a sad ending so, it depressed me for days. the way I felt myself again was watching the outtakes to get into my head it's just a film! this film is too big.

seirin wrote: Its not that he used pretty boy side in K&C. It's the fact that the role he did is so unique in Korea. He took the role that no one dared to play and did it so well. He was so gentle and beautiful, he stole the hearts of many females and males in Korea. Hence is rise to stardom.
If I was the King I would pick Gong Gil over Noksu LOL Gong Gil was played out so well. Noksu was a ****, while Gong Gil was such a sweet little thing. I seriously didn't feel the romance between the 3 characters people kept talking about. But I felt alot of emotions of strong friendship, sympathy and empathy. Course, I wasn't so amused by the clowns vulgar jokes.
Personally the main thing that made Gong-gil so appealing to me was his voice and intonation, low but still fragile. what a genius is all i can say!
I heard that he's really disliked by Korean men, at first I thought it was for playing Gong-gil, then my friend told me he thought it was for playing Jeong wu! I find it likely.
I can't remember where I heard it, (maybe Imdb) but the actor playing the king was asked who did the king really love, the actor answered the king doesn't love anyone, he's not able to. maybe that's why
he chose Noksu, because he didn't love either so he chose convenience. someone said Gong-gil betrayed him by trying to leave by dying, I think that's well put.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 31st, '06, 21:38

babytarragon wrote: Personally the main thing that made Gong-gil so appealing to me was his voice and intonation, low but still fragile. what a genius is all i can say!
I heard that he's really disliked by Korean men, at first I thought it was for playing Gong-gil, then my friend told me he thought it was for playing Jeong wu! I find it likely.
I can't remember where I heard it, (maybe Imdb) but the actor playing the king was asked who did the king really love, the actor answered the king doesn't love anyone, he's not able to. maybe that's why
he chose Noksu, because he didn't love either so he chose convenience. someone said Gong-gil betrayed him by trying to leave by dying, I think that's well put.
Actually, his voice wasn't that deep. He spoke with a falsetto when he played the female clown on stage. His voice is pretty deep but when he plays the female role, his pitch goes up higher.

As for guys disliking him for K&C. Its actually quite the opposite. He pushed the "pretty boy" syndrome sky high. After K&C, guys started going to beauty clinics and learned how to take care of their skin more. Also, alot of people wanted to get plastic surgery to look like him. He tells people not to do it or else they will regret ^^; Also, he admitted he got proposal from guys but he politely declined. I don't know about guys disliking him at all, but he does have alot of Antis. He knows about them, but he is not letting them get to him and told his fans not to either. He said to be more forgiving in one of his message posts.

tisa

Post by tisa » Jul 31st, '06, 22:18

babytarragon wrote:
tisa wrote:
I think that might be a good choice. once you have watched it, you can't focus on anything.... also it has a sad ending so, it depressed me for days. the way I felt myself again was watching the outtakes to get into my head it's just a film! this film is too big.

seirin wrote: Its not that he used pretty boy side in K&C. It's the fact that the role he did is so unique in Korea. He took the role that no one dared to play and did it so well. He was so gentle and beautiful, he stole the hearts of many females and males in Korea. Hence is rise to stardom.
Personally the main thing that made Gong-gil so appealing to me was his voice and intonation, low but still fragile. what a genius is all i can say!
Wow someone actually understands me :O
I've been weak to historical dramas ever since i first saw one when i was 9 and it was so a sad one.

Tukata

Post by Tukata » Aug 1st, '06, 02:39

Jun Ki is so darn cute... he will soon become Asia's Super Star...

adore his face
love his striking looks
tremendously impressed by his acting...
love love love love everything about him.... :wub: :wub:

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Aug 1st, '06, 02:49

He just won a whole bunch of awards (3 I think) at a recent award ceremony thing. =)

I just got back from Korea, actually, and it was fun! My friend and I played this game where we would see how many times we'd see Lee Jun Ki's face (on posters, ads, TVs, etc.) within a time limit of 2 hours. And guess how many times we saw him? 15 TIMES. LOL Pretty good nuh? :-)

Addicoffee

Post by Addicoffee » Aug 1st, '06, 19:59

babytarragon wrote:
seirin wrote: Well, mangas and dolls are suppose to be drawn to show the "ideal beauty" of a human face.
oops didn't quote enough, this is talking about Jun ki too ^-^

oh! you mean all those rules of perfect proportions? I think if we studied him scientifically we would find it's true! (except those adorable ears as you mentioned!)

personally, having watched king's man before my girl i found him being cast in my girl as a little bit of a waste...only because king's man had used so many things unique to him.
the part literally was only for him. (his looks, voice and acting were all perfect) whereas i felt in my girl the character didn't use this enough...more of a pretty boy...he still did an amazing job, he played a character that was written as a menacing playboy and made it endearing...still I personally prefer to see him in more serious roles....

anyone feel the opposite? maybe hes better suited to the pretty boys, i don't know!
I so agree with you and Seirin. Like you, I've seen King and Clown first before I saw My Girl.. as matter of fact, I have not even finish watching the whole drama. I'm not a big fan of the drama and Junki has so little screen time only make it unbearable for me. Praying to God that if the news of My Girl II is true.. please please don't let him be in it.

I've see all Junki works -- all the thanks have to go to Seirin! Although I've said it numerous time, it never enough.. Junki is one of the best Korean actor I've come across. He can really get into the skin of his character.. watch Flying Boys, and Hotel Venus. Some people said his popularity is like a bubble but I disagree. This is only the beginning for him.. he's best is still yet to come. The only thing I hope will never change is his personality.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Aug 1st, '06, 21:24

So... these outtakes you mentioned... would they be available anywhere...? :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 2nd, '06, 05:50

The outtakes are in the original DVD sets.

zaechi

Post by zaechi » Aug 3rd, '06, 00:44

i agree with addicoffee when you said that he does have talent and it is not a "bubble" popularity for him; he is great in all of his works and his acting is so good that you won't even think he is a new talent in all of his works :)

zaechi

Post by zaechi » Aug 3rd, '06, 11:04

oh my! he is soo cute in the showbiz extra video! :) thank you so much seirin for the efforts in sharing the file with us. Godbless You.

jae-ahn

Post by jae-ahn » Aug 4th, '06, 11:29

seirin, thanks for the pics..
I saw it also in soompi..
and your account too...
hope you know me....

sakura_rin

Post by sakura_rin » Aug 5th, '06, 14:38

Thank you for this pictures.
I love Lee Jun Ki. :wub:
I want Watch Fly dady fla so much :-)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 5th, '06, 17:34

jae-ahn wrote:seirin, thanks for the pics..
I saw it also in soompi..
and your account too...
hope you know me....
yes, I noticed your typing earlier.

Fridelta

Post by Fridelta » Aug 6th, '06, 13:39

@seirin: you're really a great source for jun ki's goodies, I really thank you for sharing it.. a lot of it came from you... thank you very much...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 7th, '06, 06:57

simplycheen

Post by simplycheen » Aug 9th, '06, 17:35

LJK is soooo hot..!!! :crazy: does anyone know his personal website?? d one he uses to post his blogs for his fans?? :idea: im dyin to meet him...!!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 9th, '06, 17:35

060801 Star & Movie Magazine Premiere

AGAINST There are many twisted stares from those who wonder, 'How far will that kid go?'. Even with a small mistake, you trip and fall. They say that the odds for maintaining your popularity is 50 to 50. Supporters 50, anti's 50. I gained my popularity in an instant. There are probably more criticizers than supports. I'm the kind of person to get stressed easily. The popularity is only supposed to go up so far, but it just keeps going up, so many people are suspicious.

BEAUTY The prettiness stopped after <The King's Man>. (laugh) I live in a guyish way. I don't even wash that often. I'm also shabby in <Magnificent Vacation>.

CHARACTER Roles that are comical and those that fall down easily aren't fun because I tried it in <Flying Boys>. I don't think that's really my specialty. My actual personality is also pretty spaced out. My friends got disgusted, seeing me act silly when I'm really cynical and strong-minded. (laugh) I really didn't do it to my friends. There are times when I find myself funny, so I couldn't just be like, 'why are you laughing', or 'what are you doing', to them.

DREAM As an actor, I really want to go to the Cannes. My biggest dream is to step on the red carpet in a foreign country's film festival, and the next is to have the movie I starred in to be screened there. Actors dream of having a lot of audiences watch their work.

EXPERIENCE Nowadays, I go through a lot of diverse experiences mentally. Since I've been locked up, since I've been receiving a lot of attention, I think from 1 to 500 (note: this means that he thinks thoroughly of everything). I do this because when I'm busy with work, I can only think of one thought. In that aspect, I've lost a lot and also gained a lot. As an actor, it's good to pile up all the loneliness to burst out later.

FAVORITE A snack I have a fondness for..? If I say it, it becomes an advertisement. Just recently, I said the same of an alcohol and the sales went up. I keep receiving boxes of alcohol at home. Ha Ha. What do I like. I don't eat sushi anymore because I got tired of it. Ha Ha. In the past, when I didn't have any money, I always really wanted to eat sushi. I seriously ate this much (raises hands up to his head) sushi. About 800 dollars' worth? By variety, even the rolls, in Japan. After having indigested it in my stomach, how could I find it tasty anymore? Ha Ha Ha.

GOLDEN BOY (Do you think you've become a star too early?) Actually, I think it's better to have a taste of it. After collapsing, I can just act relaxedly. Sometimes it feels like life's fantasy, having gained popularity.

HAIRSTYLE (We heard that your hair is still the same long one in <Magnificent Vacation>?) That would be an article that came out wrong. It's not a short cut, but it's more of a sporty long. Because of the next production, I couldn't cut it all off, so I'm using a wig instead. It took a month for the wig to complete. It's a bit awkward, but when you see it, you can't tell it's a wig. I'm not doing this because I like the hair now, but if I cut it then I can't do the next production. The fans who come to the filmings say the short hair is cute, but they don't even allow you to take pictures, to surprise everyone.

IDENTITY I'm still the same. I don't know what to do. People say, 'He's gotten arrogant, and he uses a lot of money', but truthfully, I don't have time to use any money, and it's embarassing. I just get the thoughts of, 'Why does everyone think so?'. I sweat with disgrace, bad enough that I can't even raise my head. My fans say that they'd like it if I walked around with my shoulders open, because ever since I gained popularity, I've always walked like this (narrows shoulder). Sometimes I wonder what I should do.

JEALOUSY Like senior actors Jo SeungWoo and Hwang JungMin, I get envious when I see other male actors' productions. 'They did it really well, I want to try that'. If an actor doesn't have jealousy, then he doesn't have greed. Every time I see a movie with expression and mental changes, I feel as though I've eaten chaldduk. (note: he means that he feels not very good).

KEY FOR THE STAR (Why do you think you gained popularity?) This is a really difficult question. If I knew the answer, I would continue to gain more popularity. The answer is, well, that all I do is try and work hard. All I want to is return the gift with gratitude.

MELANCHOLIA (Depression?) It's extreme. Tears form, and I get so mad that I punch walls. It's become worse recently, from staying at home too long. It's not because I didn't get to go out and have fun, it's more because I don't get to meet a lot of diverse people. There's been times when I've gotten overly angry. There was a time when I lost my mind after drinking a bottle of beer at home alone. It's stifling. There are too many people who judge me excessively past the borderline. I think I piled it up until then and burst out that day. Still, I'm relieved that it happened at home.

NEXT MOVIE <Magnificent Vacation>. The first filming scene is an emotional one, and I'm relieved that senior actor Kim SangKyung makes me feel relaxed. He's a senior actor who doesn't save compliments. Normally, senior actors keep compliments to themselves. I think I have good luck with senior actors. Senior actor Ahn SungKi, who is starring in this film, has also been nice to me at the screen quota protests.

OWN I personally enjoy rock group performances. My dream was to perform in front of a large audience when I gained a lot of popularity. This fanmeeting was better than having success at <The King's Man>. This was because I got to call in a bunch of people who liked me and got the chance to return the favor to them. And also got to stand onstage alone and show them. Ha Ha Ha Ha. I used up four month's worth of money.

PROFESSIONAL The same age actors say that it's rude when you teach each other while acting. The senior actors point out mistakes even if I don't ask them to. Although they're better, it's normal that a junior actor doesn't do as well. (laugh)

QUOTA (Do you feel the reality of your popularity?) Ha Ha Ha. Chances to work with admirable senior actors I like come often, and there are more opportunities now that I'm recognized. I feel it when I can't feel the grief because of the many opportunities to try coming my way.

RELIGION I was originally Christian, but because of my grandmother, I switched to Catholicism, but now I'm not anything.

STIMULATION To be strong, you have to be able to take in any stimulation from around you. I'm trying my best to be the strongest I can be, and I should just suck in any shocking things people say to me, but because I jumped into the flow I'm in at the moment so quickly, there's a lot to take in. I'm taking in the feelings other friends would feel in one year in, instead, 3-4 months. Everytime I do something, the reaction comes instantly, and I have to be able to sort things out just as fast, but it's hard to do it all at once. And recently, there has been a lot of judgement from the past six months.

-credits to wendy@soompi, seirin, translations by taeyeonkat@lovejunki.net

tokbokki

Post by tokbokki » Aug 10th, '06, 18:02

Who see his new movie ? How your feeling

simplycheen

Post by simplycheen » Aug 10th, '06, 18:15

haayyy...can anyone share somethin bout LJK?? :D im sooo into him..!! :wub: does anyone heard about his own blogsite which was made by himself?? :whistling:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 11th, '06, 02:13

His cyworld is at http://cyworld.nate.com/start006

[img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/213/ ... 000wi2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4933/s ... 023iu5.jpg[/img]

060730 TV [fly daddy].avi
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/6art8

060730 TV [fly daddy].wmv
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c9onqy

[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8659/s ... 457sb2.jpg[/img]

060730 MBC [Coming Soon - Fly daddy].avi (yet another clip)
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/bi1u8

[img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5972 ... 613md0.jpg[/img]

060731 Entertainment Talk [Kang Seong Yeon bday fanmeet].avi
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sza1fo
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/bb1u8

[img]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9156 ... 724ms6.jpg[/img]

060802 mbc section tv [LJK vs LMS arcade].avi (HQ)
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/ci1u8

[img]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6727 ... 815is7.jpg[/img]

He hit his head on the wall LOL

060802 SBS Ent TV [fly daddy rock climbing].avi
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/yv1u8
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dsh513

[img]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9330 ... 109tx5.jpg[/img]

060802 Wide Ent news[fly daddy vip screening].avi
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5yoruo
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/ei1u8

[img]http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1503/s ... 619ne8.jpg[/img]

Nothing really special in this clip, just clips over FD over again.
060805 CGV [fly daddy].avi
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/ii1u8
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hby334

[img]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9916 ... 852zj3.jpg[/img]

Nothing special, just english news of DaeJong awards
060806 Screen Flash [kings man].avi
http://www.sendspace.com/file/shj15o
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/lj1u8

[img]http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/8120/s ... 033et1.jpg[/img]

English subs of interview and subs of some parts of the movie
060806 Screen Flash[SHOW TIME IN SEOUL - fly daddy].avi
http://www.sendspace.com/file/egp8ca
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/ki1u8

[img]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/6472/s ... 136qj8.jpg[/img]

060806 Showbiz Extra [fly daddy theatre promo].avi
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pyfdtf
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/ni1u8

[img]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/6443/s ... 206nl6.jpg[/img]

English sub of brief interview
060806 Showbiz Extra [kings man + interview].avi
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gyzc3x
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/mj1u8

[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5384/s ... 343km4.jpg[/img]

Interview inside the elevator, outside theatre and movie promotion
060807 MNET wide news [fly daddy theatre promo].avi
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/seirin/ek1u8

credit as tagged

KCfan_1314

Post by KCfan_1314 » Aug 11th, '06, 04:11

heyy i m new in this thread ! my name is bao(pronouce as bo) nice to meet you all i mma a great fan of junki`s even i just start liking him not so long SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT since i m pretti new at this ! i`ll be glad to meeet you all and have fun lttle chit chatss ^____^

msn-lilswtdoggy121@hotmail.com
aim-lovekenny4ever

adds are welcome XDD i`ll be realli happi to meet some of his fanssss