1%

Total votes: 405

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] My Boss My Hero

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 9th, '06, 20:21

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/My_Boss_My_Hero
It's a bird. It's a plane. It's idiot Makio.

Synopsis:
The only thing between Makio and his rightful succession to be the next mob boss is a high school diploma (and of course, a proper education.) Being that he can't count, he can't read, and even more pityful, he can't write his own name in kanji, everyone laughs at him for being an idiot with a fist. So his father sends him back to high school: A 27 year-old mobster pretending to be a 17 year-old high school student.

Makio hates the school, hates the stuying, and hates that he can't beat the crap out of his classmates. The only thing good about the school is the cafeteria's limited supply "heavenly delicious" pudding. At exactly 12PM, the whole school fights to the death to be the first 12 ppl in the cafeteria. As for Makio, no matter how fast he runs, he can never get there in time. So with the help of his adoring classmate and some physics, they devise a plan to *fly* across the school campus and get that pudding.

Cast
Nagase Tomoya (TOKIO), Tegoshi Yuya (NewS), Tanaka Koki (KAT-TUN), Aragaki Yui (Dragon Zakura)

Tegoshi looks like 12 year-old girly boy standing next to Nagase. This comedy has me ROFLMAO :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kumaxell on Sep 22nd, '06, 18:54, edited 4 times in total.

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 9th, '06, 20:33

It looks that this drama if funny and interesting ^^
I think I might watch it ^^ But i will wait if someone is going to subtitle it
anyway ........I will goooo to downloaded it ^^

Philmein

Post by Philmein » Jul 9th, '06, 22:52

knark is subbing it! -.-

nalika

Post by nalika » Jul 10th, '06, 01:15

will this be in hard or soft sub....

vivaldi

Post by vivaldi » Jul 10th, '06, 01:29

softsub, i think

Sukairain

Post by Sukairain » Jul 10th, '06, 05:32

Wah. I can't wait to see this drama. I'm waiting for the subs though.

yuubou

Post by yuubou » Jul 10th, '06, 22:48

Wow - this thing was so funny! I was honestly rolling on the floor laughing while watching it. Because I watched it right before Sapuri, that show paled in comparison. I think this is the show to watch this season :D

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 10th, '06, 23:03

I couldn't sit still for this show. I was jumping up and down and hitting my tighs because I was laughing so hard. I rewatched the part where he had to add the numbers using his fingers. I tried to contain myself, but his perplex but serious expression set me off in another controllable burst of laughter.

Ailin

Post by Ailin » Jul 11th, '06, 07:15

I just finished watching the 1st episode and I just had to comment how funny I found it to be. I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard at Nagase Tomoya's really mean "don't-you-dare-call-on-me" expression on his face toward his teachers. :lol And the rush to reach the "heavenly delicious" pudding at the cafeteria had me in stitches. :lol Nagase Tomoya looks SO out of place at the high school as he looks so much older and taller than the rest of the students (even his teachers.) :D

Nagase Tomoya is quite convincing in a comedic role. :P

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jul 11th, '06, 07:15

omg...Nagase...hahaha...can't stop laughing...hahaha...he's so funny...

Tegoshi is so cute...his hair made him a little chubby though...he's still a cute nerd

tuxxy

Post by tuxxy » Jul 11th, '06, 08:22

I've downloaded the raws to both this j-drama & Hero special and yet no subs are available yet :( I hope the subs to these two come out soon as im dying to see them but id like to be able to understand what they are saying too.

oberon

Post by oberon » Jul 11th, '06, 14:47

haha it sounds really funny.
I'm definitly gonna watch this, just have to wait for the subs.
At first I was really afraid, this was going to be another GTO/gokusen clone, like gachibaka or dragon zakura. I hope it's not

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Jul 11th, '06, 16:21

LOL, this first episode was hilarious XD... I practically laughed through most of the scenes, and Nagase's expressions were just priceless. Tegoshi was cute, a little too cute for a guy :D. Throughout the whole episode, I kept on feeling this "yaoi" vibe coming out from the two main characters, anyone feels the same? Overall, it was a very entertaining and enjoyable episode. I hope the following eps will be just as good.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 11th, '06, 19:08

Ailin wrote: I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard at Nagase Tomoya's really mean "don't-you-dare-call-on-me" expression on his face toward his teachers. :lol
Me too. The Bio teacher is a wuss. But, that technique doesn't work on his homeroom teacher. I don't understand why would she take his staring contest as a show of eagerness to do math? The best bet should be the "avoid ALL eye contact" method. Read your textbook like that is the most interesting thing on earth and highlight like crazy whenever teacher is looking your way.

I sure hope that it doesn't turn out to be another Gokusen, or worst, GTO. Right now, it's off to a great start.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 12th, '06, 02:09

you guys should watch the original Korean movie first to get an idea of the plot of the drama :)

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Jul 12th, '06, 10:57

Kumaxell wrote:
Ailin wrote: I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard at Nagase Tomoya's really mean "don't-you-dare-call-on-me" expression on his face toward his teachers. :lol
Me too. The Bio teacher is a wuss. But, that technique doesn't work on his homeroom teacher. I don't understand why would she take his staring contest as a show of eagerness to do math? The best bet should be the "avoid ALL eye contact" method. Read your textbook like that is the most interesting thing on earth and highlight like crazy whenever teacher is looking your way.
Sounds suspiciously like a personal experience? :P On topic, ep 1 kept me ROTFL at all the shounen fighting/sports cliches used in slightly inappropriate situations. And to cap it all, the cafeteria race had me flashing back to one of the Prince of Tennis' iconic "battles" to avoid Inui's juice.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 13th, '06, 17:06

Yep, I always went into panick attack when teacher started to call on ppl to answer questions on the board. If I didn't know a question and want to avoid answering it, I would 1) go to the bathroom when I think my turn is coming up, or 2) try to beat the teacher to it by answering a question I do know. Someone should really come out with a High School Survival Guide for dummies. :P

I did notice the "yaoi" factor. After Makio saved him from the bullies, Sakuraoji practically idolized Makio. He may have the brain, but he lacks the passion. So when he sees Makio being so excited over a pudding, he naturally wants to tap some of that.
Last edited by Kumaxell on Jul 14th, '06, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

nyagcnopinkuneko

Post by nyagcnopinkuneko » Jul 13th, '06, 17:45

Tegoshi does look like a 12 year old in this drama, it's totally the haircut and the fact that he smiles A LOT. I love that he looks chubby. I hope the boy is putting on just a little more weight.

Nagase is hilarious in this, and I think that Tego and Nagase might be the best JE pairing since KamePi. It's nice to see Nagase doing something so comedic.

Tego is such a fantastic actor and now he's getting to prove that he's versatile and can play roles other than the tortured punk.

I have to agree that watching Sapuri after watching My Boss, My Hero made Kame's drama seem less than stellar (though it was definitely still good). Kame is playing a character very similar to Shuuji . . .

But yes, this is definitely the drama to watch this summer (though I would watch Hanayome, Dandori and Sapuri with just as much loyalty).

tuxxy

Post by tuxxy » Jul 14th, '06, 05:37

Is anyone still going to sub this? I downloaded the RAW last week and its been sitting on my HDD since there are no English subtitles...

I hope subs come out soon

tianj

Post by tianj » Jul 14th, '06, 07:33

tuxxy wrote:Is anyone still going to sub this? I downloaded the RAW last week and its been sitting on my HDD since there are no English subtitles...

I hope subs come out soon
It's been less than a week since it's release, give knark a break man, I mean he was also working on Gal Circle as well, patience is a virtue. :whistling:

nyagcnopinkuneko

Post by nyagcnopinkuneko » Jul 14th, '06, 13:41

*nod nod* The wait will be very worth your time. ^.^ knark said it would be a couple of weeks before he could get the first couple of episodes done because he's on vacation.

However, I think the best thing about the first episode is that it is very understandable, even with minimal Japanese. What you can't get out of an understanding of the language you can definitely get out of context. That's the best thing about visual art.

New episode "tomorrow" (really today . . . my brain lives in two hemispheres when it comes to time)!

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 14th, '06, 14:20

It's so true that this show is very visual oriented.
The scene where Makio first entered the classroom really demonstrated how body language is so important. When he first stepped into the room, all the students just stared at him (the new transfer student). Their innocent, expectant eyes became just too much for him, so he had to look away. His looking away is enough to set me off into another giggling mood. :lol
Last edited by Kumaxell on Jul 14th, '06, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Jul 14th, '06, 20:51

I have always loved the Korean movie so I am glad they are deriving a japanese drama from it. and who else can do it better than the japanese, since they are so experienced in making school dramas. The first episode was pretty good. Lots of slapstick comedy like the movie and Nagase Tomoya guy really embodies a intellectually challenged but also fiercely and devoted leader of his gang. So far so good.

just some tidbits, I don't think the sakura something guy included air resistants in his physics calculation and neither did Makio jump in a parabola. :offtopic:

:alcoholic: yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me

EternalSnow

Post by EternalSnow » Jul 16th, '06, 01:00

The 2nd episode is out someone is planning on uploading it already.

knark52nd
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by knark52nd » Jul 16th, '06, 06:10

1st episode subs are out. a bit rushed, but i don't think anyone really cares. before i get episode 2 out, i'm gonna start and finish ep 11 of gal circle... so... yea....

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » Jul 16th, '06, 13:27

I just watched episode one with subs, thanks to knark52nd for subbing. I absolutely love Tomoya to death, he's got all the comedy moments nailed and I couldn't stop laughing at his baka-ness. Certainly Tomoya is meant to do such roles, I still remember him in Mukodono quite a few years ago, he was a riot, he certainly did not disappoint this time round.

My boss, My hero's story is really wacky, many exaggerated moments as expected from a comedy, the flying part had me lmao. I love the classrooms scenes as well, the part where Tomoya had that twisted look on his face to scare the teacher off - priceless!

As for the other two JE guys, hmm - Tegoshi Yuya is pretty bad in the acting department IMO, he was really unnatural, particularly obvious since he's beside Tomoya, who's leaps and bounds better in acting -certainly hope to see improvement in him. While Tanaka Koki was alright, not too many scenes with him, and he is the cliche comedy relief sidekick, not too bad I guess.

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 16th, '06, 18:40

Thankx alot knark52nd for subtitle My Boss My Hero ^^ I really appreaite your hard work ^^ Also, I am looking forward for episode 2 (subtitle) I will be waiting for it ^^

Also, there is something I would like to ask do...Do anyone can help me find the Theme song Sorafune by TOKIO I like this theme sooo much and I want to hear the whole song ^^ Do anyone can uploaded Or tell me where can i find it?

About Episode 2 (Spoiler) _I really don't understand some scene but I would like to say it :mrgreen:
I found that Makio relationship with his father is not father-son relationship ..I think he see him as only Boss. Also, his father want to teach him as a father and not a Boss.
Also, the BasketBall match was good and funny in the ending :lol

Also, every time Kokoi appears ...he is really funny ^^ :lol
I think the rating of epsiode 2 will be higher ^___^x

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jul 16th, '06, 18:53

2nd ep was about as good as the first. Still a lot of comedic spots. I can already predict where things are going, though, with the relationships:

Hikari (Aragaki Yui) likes Makio (Nagase). Jun (Tegoshi) likes Makio too.. but not in that way (I think?), and he is obviously defensive about anyone else getting close to Makio, especially Hikari. I think Makio will eventually end up getting those two together.

At the same time, I think Makio and Minami-sensei (Kashii Yu) are bound to get together by the end of it.

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Jul 16th, '06, 19:07

lol
i could not stop laughing the entire first ep

does ne one have a link form where i can dl the theme song sorefune by tokio?

Usagoness

Post by Usagoness » Jul 17th, '06, 03:01

Robina wrote:
Also, there is something I would like to ask do...Do anyone can help me find the Theme song Sorafune by TOKIO I like this theme sooo much and I want to hear the whole song ^^ Do anyone can uploaded Or tell me where can i find it?
The song is not yet to be released. Its TOKIO new single. released on 23rd August. :-)

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 17th, '06, 03:17

aizawa wrote:
Robina wrote:
The song is not yet to be released. Its TOKIO new single. released on 23rd August. :-)
WHAT?! T__T :cry: OMG! 23rd August ...it's tooo far ..I feel it like it will be years T__T I liked the theme soooo much that it is stuck on my mind all the time...
Ohhh!!! Can't wait for it release

Thankxx aizawa for the info. ^^

EternalSnow

Post by EternalSnow » Jul 17th, '06, 03:22

Are you kidding me thier are a lot of scenes with Koki in the first episode and the 2nd episode he was just ridicolusy funny expecially when koki got knocked down that hill. Koki is diffently one of the main characters as well.

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 17th, '06, 03:27

EternalSnow wrote:Are you kidding me thier are a lot of scenes with Koki in the first episode and the 2nd episode he was just ridicolusy funny expecially when koki got knocked down that hill. Koki is diffently one of the main characters as well.
Ohh!!! That scene :lol hahaha and his reaction when Makio friends are call him Maki..I really like Koki reaction :lol
Yeah! He is one of the main character. :-)

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 17th, '06, 03:31

While watching the 2nd episode, I almost fell of my seat hearing Chinese being spoken again. Twice in 2 episodes. What are the odds of that? Are they planning to sell this comedy to the Chinese speaking communities?

Since I understand that portion without the subs, I'll do my little translation for that part:
The scene is about a Ping Pong competition. Class 3A is losing the match because the guy keeps missing the ball. The girl gets pissed and bursts out in Mandarin, "Do you know how to play? Can you do it? If we lose, I'm gonna hit your head like a ball."

Usagoness

Post by Usagoness » Jul 17th, '06, 03:48

Robina wrote:
WHAT?! T__T :cry: OMG! 23rd August ...it's tooo far ..I feel it like it will be years T__T I liked the theme soooo much that it is stuck on my mind all the time...

Eventhough it is not been released yet, TOKIO already played the full song on their radio shows. I have the rip of the song..do you still want it btw? It is not in really good quality, though.

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 17th, '06, 03:54

aizawa wrote:
Robina wrote:

Eventhough it is not been released yet, TOKIO already played the full song on their radio shows. I have the rip of the song..do you still want it btw? It is not in really good quality, though.
YES! YES! YES! :D
Thank You sooooooooo much ^^

Usagoness

Post by Usagoness » Jul 17th, '06, 04:13

Ok Robina..here's the song for you

Sorafune

:-)

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 17th, '06, 04:24

aizawa wrote:Ok Robina..here's the song for you

Sorafune

:-)
Thank You sooooooooooo much ^^
You made a HUGE Smile on my face---->>>>> :D

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Jul 17th, '06, 04:46

haha I absolutely love this episode!! I watched the first ep THREE times (twice without subs, then again with subs). Tomoya rocks at comedies!!! I guess his trademark really is the loudmouth gangster baka typle lol

Usagoness

Post by Usagoness » Jul 17th, '06, 05:30

TNF wrote:haha I absolutely love this episode!! I watched the first ep THREE times (twice without subs, then again with subs).
you know what..I did the same thing!!! :lol

Amrai

Post by Amrai » Jul 17th, '06, 06:18

Watching this over and over again just makes it funnier. So far, the best first episode this season, and the second kept it alive. Tegoshi acted more like a jerk when he's not rabu rabu over Nagase. My nickname for Tegoshi's character is Sakura-chan, although I like Makio's "Sakuranantoka" (meaning Sakura-something or other) as well. Makki is kind of an annoying nickname, but it's cute.

Acting-wise, I find it absolutely amusing that Nagase (who has the cool rebel-ish (not punk) look) plays such a stupid role. It's actually quite refreshing to see all of the characters in such stupid roles. Nagase just seems to have fun in this drama, instead of hiding behind the cool character thing (like when he's being regular yakuza). Tegoshi... seriously, give him a skirt and we can throw away Hikari (Aragaki Yui). You could SEE the hearts floating when he was talking to Maki, and again at random shots of Sakura-chan looking at Makio. Aragaki Yui... I don't mind her, but it feels like she was tacked on as an afterthought, saying "Wait, Makio should have a love interest!".
When they were practicing for the school festival in episode two, I laughed so hard when Makio mixed 'catch' with 'kick'. And seriously, Sakura-chan's pessimistic attitude when dealing with the girls during the practices seriously makes me think he's rabu rabu with Makio. I'm pretty sure there isn't supposed to be written yaoi in here, but it's funny because everything is so over the top. And on the character chart on Drama-wiki, I saw the 'Koi?' beside Minami-sensei and Makio and just blanched. They're exact opposites of each other, but it would make the story ridiculous and hilarious.
We're all pretty positive how the plot's going to end, so I'm happy they're not trying to throw a lot of twists in, attempting to pull us through. We're just enjoying the ride, laughing our way to the end.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jul 17th, '06, 06:29

Those were some uuuugly faces Tomoya was making to scare people off. :D Well, I'm enjoying this series, but not Tomoya's hair--I really liked his T&D style better. I also think I like the movie more, but the series will still be fun.

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 17th, '06, 07:22

Usagoness

Post by Usagoness » Jul 17th, '06, 09:14

Saragorn wrote:Those were some uuuugly faces Tomoya was making to scare people off. :D Well, I'm enjoying this series, but not Tomoya's hair--I really liked his T&D style better. I also think I like the movie more, but the series will still be fun.
oooo I like his hair in MBMH!!! of course as a student is better than that yakuza but still, his silky hair is killing me..

like this..

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 17th, '06, 14:10

The evil eye Sakurakoji gave to Hikari when he saw her cozying with Makio in the rabbit cage took me by surprise. I never thought the adorable Sakurakoji could shoot out such a scathing glare. :mrgreen: Ah... is it "love?" I can't be sure. It could also be his teen angst and jealousy against Hikari being taller than him. :P

Usagoness

Post by Usagoness » Jul 17th, '06, 15:59

Thats the jealousy of Sakurakoji since Makki is his first "tomodachi" in that school..
Thats why he gave that kind of glare to Hikari..hahaha..kawaii Sakurakoji. :lol
Wonder who will Makio be choosing? :mrgreen:

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Jul 17th, '06, 17:43

aizawa wrote:
ahh, tht would explain why i cant find it newhere
thanks for the info, it's a nice song though isnt it?

mendoukusai

Post by mendoukusai » Jul 17th, '06, 17:48

nagase looks constipated with his yakuza glare haha..thanks for the subs~!!

piccu

Post by piccu » Jul 17th, '06, 22:12

My Boss My Hero is my favourite j-drama after watching the first episode!!!
It's so hilarious, can't remember that I laughed so much while watching jdrama!

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Jul 17th, '06, 22:30

here are some more pics :cheers:
Attachments
guide01-tomo1107.jpg
guide01-tomo1107.jpg (119.7 KiB) Viewed 8718 times
guide03-tomo1107.jpg
guide03-tomo1107.jpg (81.74 KiB) Viewed 8719 times
guide02-tomo1107.jpg
guide02-tomo1107.jpg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 8719 times

MoonKnight

Post by MoonKnight » Jul 18th, '06, 00:38

I just started watching this after watching Gal Circle. Absolutely HILARIOUS.

Does anyone know where I'd be able to get that St. Agnes patch that's on their coats?

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Jul 18th, '06, 04:40

i reaLLY wanna c this drama
im d/l it right now ^^
hopefully it's goodd
ive only been hearing positive comments about itt
ahaha n plus tego is in it ^^
cant waiit ^____________________________________^

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jul 18th, '06, 05:00

Nagase actually looks good in that uniform...Tegoshi's a bit chubby with the new hair...but he's still cute!!!

rdoll

Post by rdoll » Jul 18th, '06, 13:07

Review for the 1st episode:

A good but not great episode. A bit ridiculous but enjoyable. The only problem for me is the 'yaoi' thing going on between Nagase and Tegoshi. I just hope that they tone it down a little in the next episode. Overall, it's still early to judge wether this drama will turn good or bad. But I do hope they focus more on the comedy than the 'friendship' thing that they always did in GTO, Gokusen.

EternalSnow

Post by EternalSnow » Jul 18th, '06, 14:16

Be quite and don't compare this drama to Gokusen or GTO!!!! Anyways on My Boss My Hero I am happy they are focused on the comedy and the students and the first episode was GREAT!!!!! THE 2nd episode was even better.

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Jul 19th, '06, 02:32

i think tego looks kyooott in this drama but not as good as gachibaka!!

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Jul 19th, '06, 02:52

i can't wait to watch the second ep- waiting patiently for subs =D
but yes, this show is definetely different from GTO and gokusen
and i also hop etht they just stick to comedy

it still cracks me up how the the first ep was about nagase trying to get pudding...HAHA, it sounds so dumb, but it was such a good episode

aa

Post by aa » Jul 21st, '06, 02:06

rdoll wrote:Review for the 1st episode:
A good but not great episode. A bit ridiculous but enjoyable. The only problem for me is the 'yaoi' thing going on between Nagase and Tegoshi. I just hope that they tone it down a little in the next episode. Overall, it's still early to judge wether this drama will turn good or bad. But I do hope they focus more on the comedy than the 'friendship' thing that they always did in GTO, Gokusen.
^ They're being yaoi? :blink
---
anyways... I've always thought that Nagase tends to be a bit exaggerating in his facial expressions.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 21st, '06, 02:33

furransu wrote:you guys should watch the original Korean movie first to get an idea of the plot of the drama :)
ahh.. so this was a kmovie. no wonder the title looked familar.

I'm dling the drama right now.. yikes it's 1 gig. i hope it's worth it.

[edit] and it was. now that i'm finished kurosagi... i finally found something worth watching.
Last edited by melonyhappy on Jul 21st, '06, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Jul 21st, '06, 03:59

lolss i just finished watching the first ep!!
i think im gnna love this drama
its hilarious!!^^ ahaha i nearly fell off my chair laughing^^
tego is sooo geeky lookingg ahaha ..like i sed b4 i think he looks better in gachibaka but still hes soo cute!!!!~~~
i watched this after sapuri and this drama is loads better than sapuri!!~
i loved it wen nagase raced to get the puddingg !! ^^
and wen he gav the teacher the evil eye!!
i think this can easily bcome wun of my fav dramas.. it might b alittle to early to say but i think this will b drama of the season!! ^^

afroken

Post by afroken » Jul 21st, '06, 11:45

I think it's more Tegoshi yaoi-ing on Nagase, which is very cute !!! lol he's like a little girl.
Funny drama! I love comedies ! It's a great mix - comedy & yakuza.. Koki is amazing too!

Thanks for the pictures TNF!!! I heart TV-Guide!

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 21st, '06, 19:01

Give the boy a break! Just because Sakurakoji looks up to Maki (figuratively and literally) it doesn't he's yaoi-ing Maki. Can't the boy simply adore a person without it being tainted by any subtexts? :glare:

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jul 21st, '06, 19:04

Kumaxell wrote:Give the boy a break! Just because Sakurakoji looks up to Maki (figuratively and literally) it doesn't he's yaoi-ing Maki. Can't the boy simply adore a person without it being tainted by any subtexts? :glare:
:lol its pretty yaoi like so far how he's looking at him. i really wish they'd tone it down a little....i don't think it's there intention but that's what i see... :lol

Delita

Post by Delita » Jul 22nd, '06, 00:52

Kumaxell wrote:Give the boy a break! Just because Sakurakoji looks up to Maki (figuratively and literally) it doesn't he's yaoi-ing Maki. Can't the boy simply adore a person without it being tainted by any subtexts? :glare:
Nope, I think he totally wants Maki to 'clean his bunny cage' if you know what I mean. :roll

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Jul 22nd, '06, 02:13

furransu wrote:you guys should watch the original Korean movie first to get an idea of the plot of the drama :)
i started watching the kmovie, but i stopped in the middle, to tell u the truth i thought it was pretty boring comapred to the first ep of the jdrama
the main guy was just so serious....and he didnt seem to have any conflict with going to high school...he just agreed and upon getting there he let the bullies pick on him... maybe as the movie progresses it'll get better, but i found the first half very boring

aa

Post by aa » Jul 22nd, '06, 05:09

FruitChaat wrote:
i started watching the kmovie, but i stopped in the middle, to tell u the truth i thought it was pretty boring comapred to the first ep of the jdrama
the main guy was just so serious....and he didnt seem to have any conflict with going to high school...he just agreed and upon getting there he let the bullies pick on him... maybe as the movie progresses it'll get better, but i found the first half very boring
^ Like someone wrote before, a lot more is gonna happen in this version because this is a tv show and the Korean one is a movie (forgot the actual length). Don't go watching the Korean one thinking it's gonna be like the Japanese drama one (or vice versa). The original one is funny at certain parts, but the type of humor is different. What's for sure that's gonna happen is that, just like the main character in the orginal, Nagase's character is probably gonna bring about some sort of change to the students/school (actually no surprise there, LOL plenty of J-dramas about high schools that has had a storyline like that.)

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jul 22nd, '06, 12:56

Ahhh! Just finished the 3rd one, and I can't wait for the next. I haven't really looked forward to watching the next episode of a drama this much in almost 10 years... Damn.

-----spoilers underneath-----

This thing is just fun. I'm not sure if I like the constant mentions of "pursuing love", though... hopefully it just comes off as a folly more so than a main plot. Also, Mikio just made it home; I'm sure that they'll make that into something fun. I am disappointed that we missed out on a fun fight scene... I can't wait to DL this now since I missed the first 10 minutes.

Usagoness

Post by Usagoness » Jul 22nd, '06, 13:09

OMG hikkichan you already watched it??? Kya!!~~ I cant wait to DLit too!! :lol

EternalSnow

Post by EternalSnow » Jul 23rd, '06, 21:22

It is not yaoi.WTF you guys think way to nasty lol. Koki is AMAZING and funny especially on episode 2.

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » Jul 23rd, '06, 21:36

i really like aragaki's role in this one.
possibly the most entertaining drama i've seen since densha otoko

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 23rd, '06, 22:35

i luve this drama!! it's so great!! it's like gokusen but instead of the teacher being in the yakuza it's one of the students!! LMAO! i cant wait to see how it progresses... so far i've only seen the first 2 eps and i'm downloading the 3rd one right now...

the acting is really good by everyone... especially nagase!! :wub: but lmao!! nagase and tego yaoi?? HAHA!! i SO never thought of their relationship in a yaoi-ish way but i being the yaoi fangirl that i am i'll probably think dirty thoughts while watching the 3rd ep!! HAHA!!

omg though koki fits his role PERFECTLY!! O_O!!! he SCARES me in this drama!! OMG!! but it suits him SO WELL!! if i was walking the streets of japan and saw koki walking around talking with yakuza slang i'd probably get scared and run away!! lol!! but tego is so cute in this drama!!

and aragaki yui's character is so cute too!! i think she's slowly falling for maki :lol but i dunno cuz her character in dragon sakura was so great too that i dunno which one i like better

cant wait to watch ep 3 though... i still have to actually watch ep 2 with the subs though cuz i just watched it without subs... *runs off to go watch My Boss My Hero episode 2 with subs*

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 23rd, '06, 23:57

So far, this drama is nothing like Gokusen (thank goodness).
I was eating while I was watching episode 3. I almost spilled my food when Makio was telling Koki about the "touching story of fractions." I never realized math could be so "tear jerking."

Anyway, Koki would indeed scare the heck out me if I saw him walking down the street. If not for his sewing talent, he is utterly intimidating.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 24th, '06, 00:04

Kumaxell wrote: Anyway, Koki would indeed scare the heck out me if I saw him walking down the street. If not for his sewing talent, he is utterly intimating.
haha!! yea he's so good @ sewing! lol!! he sewed that stuff on makio's jacket and he sewed all of their basketball jerseys... that part when nagase shoved koki outta the way cuz tego was coming was funny though!! lol!! :lol

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jul 24th, '06, 04:51

i'm waiting for the subs to come out...it's so freaking funny!!!...>.<

Littleangel91356

Post by Littleangel91356 » Jul 24th, '06, 16:27

Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:
haha!! yea he's so good @ sewing! lol!! he sewed that stuff on makio's jacket and he sewed all of their basketball jerseys... that part when nagase shoved koki outta the way cuz tego was coming was funny though!! lol!! :lol
llol koki's character sure does look intimidaing but he seems like a sweet and a cute guy deticated for his aniki Makio. But well koki is really talented in sewing and such so it's interesting to see it happen in a drama haha.

Oh yeah, the fractions! I was like...oh yeah, you can actually think it that way but I never do the 1 2/3 for the 5/3 lol, I just leave it be. It just means I suck at fractions and I'm going to go into eleventh. Makki, we are on the same boat here lol.
it was REALLY cute when Kazu was saying about how he was studying young men's fashion and reading the magazine and saying about how he looks at the horoscopes. And Makio's like 'wtf would a man look at a horoscope??' and Kazu's all like ' look at scorpio' and Makio gets all interested in the results and the results get true :lol and I love how Kazu and Makio interact in such a manner. I was like damn makio when he said 'wth do you have to be my lilttle bro while my real one is way smarter than you!! But thanks for the pudding!!' but Kazu didn't mind, he was more angered with the fact Sakurakoji called Makio Makki lol
It'll be interesting to see that Makio will fall in love with Sakurakoji's childhood friend in the next episode. It'll be soo cute if he really falls for her but wow, a 27 year old falling in love with a cute 17 year old :-)
Last edited by Littleangel91356 on Jul 24th, '06, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.