[Discussion] Dance Drill a.k.a Dandori

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
cRaZY MiKi

[Discussion] Dance Drill a.k.a Dandori

Post by cRaZY MiKi » Jul 2nd, '06, 14:30

Someone has to start this thread!!!! AHH!!! Eikura Nana!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

vtx

Post by vtx » Jul 2nd, '06, 17:59

Finally, was wondering when they will come up with a cheerleading japanese drama (inspired from the movie Bring it on?). They done it all for most sports already :P

Takayukid

Post by Takayukid » Jul 5th, '06, 00:18

Is chearleading a sport???

cRaZY MiKi

Post by cRaZY MiKi » Jul 12th, '06, 10:51

I think it can be considered a sport.......anyway w00t ep1 is out....

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jul 13th, '06, 00:19

Just saw the first episode. It kind of reminds me of the movie Swing Girls. It's pretty light-hearted, though I think you'll see a lot of conflict b/w the girls themselves and with their parents (they kinda show that in the preview for ep 2). The story is loosely based on the true story of the Atsugi High School cheerleading squad, Japan national champions in 2004. They also won the national dance competion in the US.

I was wondering where Eikura was from - Kiken na Aneki, the younger brother's love interest (with whom he never got together, which kinda ticked me off).

urchin

Post by urchin » Jul 13th, '06, 02:52

There was a dorama special called Cheer Heaven staring Ishihara Satomi that was posted here few months ago.

I see that Kanno Miho appears at the end of episode. Could she be the cheerleading teacher for this newly formed group?

Was that Team Hinoi appearing in couple of scenes?

cRaZY MiKi

Post by cRaZY MiKi » Jul 14th, '06, 13:10

TG3 wrote: I was wondering where Eikura was from - Kiken na Aneki, the younger brother's love interest (with whom he never got together, which kinda ticked me off).
yeah she is

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Jul 15th, '06, 11:27

is anyone subbing this drama?
if so will it be avalable for d/l on d-addicts?

mazda_kakkoii

Post by mazda_kakkoii » Jul 15th, '06, 15:56

Yup I'm waiting to see too.
Massu kawaii ne..

liannejoy

Post by liannejoy » Jul 15th, '06, 16:03

im also just waiting for any announcements that this is going to be subbed..i really would love to watch this series though esp for Massu! :P

mcg

Post by mcg » Jul 15th, '06, 22:32

I've just watched the first episode... hoping someone subs this but after a few doramas, now I can follow better the RAW's although I'm missing a lot LOL! I think this will be a nice drama to watch, such as Attention Please is (still watching it, from Kioku's).

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Jul 18th, '06, 05:05

i really want someone to sub this drama
it seems really good.. ahahah massu soo kyooott in this drama
can somewun plz sub this drama ^^

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jul 18th, '06, 05:46

kawaiiness__ wrote:i really want someone to sub this drama
kawaii...u seems to like NewS...i posted on Tegoshi...Massu...and Koyama...are u a NewS fan??

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Jul 18th, '06, 05:55

viet_kitty wrote:
kawaiiness__ wrote:i really want someone to sub this drama
kawaii...u seems to like NewS...i posted on Tegoshi...Massu...and Koyama...are u a NewS fan??

yeah lolss .. esp yamap ^^ i s2 newS
ahaha n im guessin ur wun too?
hey im viet tooo ^^

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jul 18th, '06, 06:02

hey im viet tooo ^^
i was into Yamapi...until i saw Massu's cute smiles...then t watched Gachibaka because of Massu...that's when i started to like Tegoshi...hehe...so i like Tegoshi the best...then Massu...then Koyama because of his latest drama...and that he talk a lot...

YES...viet...viet rocks...but viet congs smells and they i think they're a little weird...so they don't count...hehehe...

Kimmy07

Post by Kimmy07 » Jul 18th, '06, 06:06

I watched this (or at least episode 1 :lol ) for Massu, but I'm really liking it all-around so far. It's a lot of fun ^_^ Can't wait for episode 2
Takayukid wrote:Is chearleading a sport???
I was a cheerleader for a year so I'm a little biased, but I think it is. It takes a lot of devotion, hard work and training like with any other sport. It was actually harder than a lot of the sports I've done in the past but it was also a ton of fun. In short, yes I think it can definitely be considered a sport

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Jul 18th, '06, 06:13

viet_kitty wrote:
hey im viet tooo ^^
i was into Yamapi...until i saw Massu's cute smiles...then t watched Gachibaka because of Massu...that's when i started to like Tegoshi...hehe...so i like Tegoshi the best...then Massu...then Koyama because of his latest drama...and that he talk a lot...

YES...viet...viet rocks...but viet congs smells and they i think they're a little weird...so they don't count...hehehe...
lolss i like yamap the most then tego
yamap looks heaps kawaii in nwP

vtx

Post by vtx » Jul 18th, '06, 14:19

Kimmy07 wrote:I watched this (or at least episode 1 :lol ) for Massu, but I'm really liking it all-around so far. It's a lot of fun ^_^ Can't wait for episode 2
Takayukid wrote:Is chearleading a sport???
I was a cheerleader for a year so I'm a little biased, but I think it is. It takes a lot of devotion, hard work and training like with any other sport. It was actually harder than a lot of the sports I've done in the past but it was also a ton of fun. In short, yes I think it can definitely be considered a sport
Anything that involves competition, sweat, teamwork and training is a sport. For the drama, the girls actually took a tough course on cheerleading and yes no doubles for their cheerleading synchros, all their hard training. Check out their official site for those training videos. Although im not expecting any high flying manueveurs :D

Sidenote, kaname seems pretty tall among the group. She's 170cm yea? :salut:

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Jul 20th, '06, 19:18

I watched ep. 1 without understanding a single word they said. XD Though I only watched it for Masuda :foot: He was adorable x739894742245 in all the scenes he was in, he was smiling like maaad! :3

Bah, I hope someone will sub it soon or just the parts with Masuda in it Lol, that basketball player is pretty hot too~ :whistling: [/u]

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 24th, '06, 00:12

to all eikura nana fans i'm sorry but i have to say that after watching dandori eps 1 and 2 i realized that i do not like nana-chan... i dont think she can act well... not only that but the plot isn't all that interesting :glare: i'm pretty much just forcing myself to watch the drama for massu cuz he's so sexy and adorable and needs more dramas!! but i'm not really liking it... i REALLY REALLY HOPE that nana-chan is better (MUCH BETTER) in boku no imouto ni koisuru... cuz if her acting sux in boku imo then i will cry cuz that movie better be really hot!!

sorry for being a little :offtopic:

tUrtleAE86

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Jul 24th, '06, 04:29

Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:to all eikura nana fans i'm sorry but i have to say that after watching dandori eps 1 and 2 i realized that i do not like nana-chan... i dont think she can act well...
Seeing that Dandori is only her third drama, Nana was given a leading role before her time. As a result, her acting isn't quite up to par. But, taking her lack of experience into account, she's doing a decent job.

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jul 24th, '06, 04:52

Is anyone going to sub this???...i really hope someone would...

Shina

Post by Shina » Jul 24th, '06, 09:06

viet_kitty wrote:Is anyone going to sub this???...i really hope someone would...
nobody is intrested in subing it :/

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 24th, '06, 16:22

tUrtleAE86 wrote: Seeing that Dandori is only her third drama, Nana was given a leading role before her time. As a result, her acting isn't quite up to par. But, taking her lack of experience into account, she's doing a decent job.
what was her first role? she's not the worst actress in the world but i hope to see her take on more interesting roles and i hope she keeps getting better...

same with dandori... cuz it kinda seems like how attention please was for me... i only watched that cuz of ryo and the first couple of episodes sucked really bad but then it got interesting after... so i hope this gets more interesting too... i wonder if sumthing will happen to nana-chan and she will be forced to quit the team... lol... that might be interesting but then massu's character helps her to rejoin the team and she starts to like massu's character cuz right now she's so mean to him :-(

tUrtleAE86

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Jul 26th, '06, 00:15

Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:what was her first role?
According to the DramaWiki, it was an NHK Drama called Jiiji~Mago to ita Natsu~.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 26th, '06, 19:53

tUrtleAE86 wrote:
Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:what was her first role?
According to the DramaWiki, it was an NHK Drama called Jiiji~Mago to ita Natsu~.
ooh thanks... i completely forgot to check here wiki page :P

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Jul 30th, '06, 07:09

its such a pity nowun is subbing this drama ><

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Jul 31st, '06, 15:47

I really like all the characters here, especially eikura, I think she's adorable and has the cutest expression ever! :) (and it's amazing that she has the leading role already..)

kato Rosa is cute, too.

Although I watched this mainly for Massu, I'm really enjoying the show, I like all the girls (hhmm.. but Mayumi is my least favorite)..

Honestly this is quite a difficult one, coz' there's a few proverbs here and there.. (aaah I hate translating proverbs, takes me about an hour to research it)

Actually PB fansub is doing this, should be out soon. Look forward to it!

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Aug 4th, '06, 22:48

ohh kool thnx.. pb ? ive neva heard of them ><r><
i really wnna watch it ^^

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Aug 4th, '06, 23:14

http://pretty-boys.net/pbfansubs/index.html

see this site. According to her, it should be up tomorrow! :)

I've submitted the ep 2 trans already, so that should be done next week, too.

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Aug 4th, '06, 23:18

hehe thnx ^^
umms i was wonderins .. r u gnna put it on d-addicts or other trackers
n will it be soft or hard subbed ><

thnks

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Aug 4th, '06, 23:36

hard-subs, it will not be released through torrents, they have direct downloads :D

blushyy

Post by blushyy » Aug 5th, '06, 00:49

mhaellix wrote:http://pretty-boys.net/pbfansubs/index.html

see this site. According to her, it should be up tomorrow! :)

I've submitted the ep 2 trans already, so that should be done next week, too.
Ehh... but I'm going to be really busy this week and next, so I really don't know if I can get it done by then.

quikbunny

Post by quikbunny » Aug 5th, '06, 01:37

I honestly don't care how long it takes the subs for this series to come .. just so long as I get to see Massu's cute wittle smile I will be happy...

wow that sounded scary and stalkerish..but oh well

I have downloaded all the raws and am liking what I see so far, so I will be cool to wait on hardsubs :D Good luck with the series, thank you for all the hard work in advance.

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Aug 5th, '06, 02:41

Hehe, that means no pressure for us blusshy! Good coz' ep 4 is a little difficult. :)

Can't wait for ep 5! Massu is so freakin' adorable in his ouen dan outfit!!

quikbunny

Post by quikbunny » Aug 5th, '06, 02:45

I have a feeling though this will be one of those shows with an open ending.. like "Did they!?" or "Didn't they!?!" about ending up together between Carlos & Kaname.. I mean I think after about the 99th confession I would have at least given the boy a chance, one date or something.. Come on coffe house it up or go to an arcade lol - then again, I am not the writer's of the series either

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Aug 5th, '06, 11:28

mhaellix wrote:hard-subs, it will not be released through torrents, they have direct downloads :D
oh hey cool
have they subbed any yet? ><
hehe .. n where can i d/lk it then
can u giv me link?
thnk u soo much ^^

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Aug 5th, '06, 12:21

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Aug 5th, '06, 12:40

ep 1 is up.

Thanks blusshy.
Thanks for ep1...keep up the good work :-)

kawaiiness__

Post by kawaiiness__ » Aug 5th, '06, 12:54

ep 1 is up.

Thanks blusshy.

thnx soo much ^^

quikbunny

Post by quikbunny » Aug 5th, '06, 19:01

whoot just finished downloading, thank you kindly!~~

adriansyc

Post by adriansyc » Aug 6th, '06, 04:26

:goggle: thx again hope the nex episode will come out soon :D

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Aug 8th, '06, 00:06

pb will be busy this week. but keep looking forward for it. :)

edit: ep 2 is uploading, will be done in 3 hours, visit the forums for direct links. :)

indayze

Post by indayze » Aug 15th, '06, 03:54

is it just me that the link doesn't work? ;[

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Aug 15th, '06, 04:45

site's down, use this

http://pretty-boys.net/pbfansubs/

There should be a link leading to the forum, grab the ep there.

Gir

Post by Gir » Dec 23rd, '06, 03:31

I just started watching this one.

But I think my favourite character would have to be Kashiko, the girl in charge of the book room. The little quips she keeps making about the dance team are great. She complains about them, but yet she always helps them.

That and Mayumi is so cute with her glasses.
vtx wrote:
Sidenote, kaname seems pretty tall among the group. She's 170cm yea? :salut:
Yeah, I noticed that right off, she seems to stand way above everyone else in the show.
She's about 6" taller than the other cast members that I saw heights for.

blushyy

Post by blushyy » Dec 23rd, '06, 12:34

^Ohhh yes! Kashiko is also my favourite character in this series. She is so funny, and I really like how she's always complaining but then helps them out anyway hahaa. I love her.

JuliaLane

Problems downloading DanDori from PB Fansubs!

Post by JuliaLane » Jan 3rd, '07, 12:32

I've been trying to download episodes 6-7 and 9-10 off of prettyboy fansubs recently but all I seem to get are empty files?? Actually, the files say " .aiv FB! " Does anyone know what the "FB!" stands for? I've always been able to play .aiv files before... maybe it's because the files aren't completely downloaded yet?

Right now I get an ERROR MSG that says my computer "does not recognize this file. in order to play it windows needs to know which program created it". What does that mean?

Am I doing something wrong on my part or is it a problem with the host server? I was waiting until January to download the missing episodes because of bandwidth issues before Christmas but now I'm not getting anything! Can someone please help me understand what's going on?? I can't even get to the PB Fansubs main-page (brown) anymore, only the blue one!

Can someone tell me the website mod's contact/e-mail address please?!

blushyy

Post by blushyy » Jan 6th, '07, 01:39

I'm really sorry about this. I am going to update the PBFansubs website now. I've been so busy with other things, I forgot to update it to inform you all about the problem regarding our Dance Drill episode downloads.

I shall do it now. Sorry >.<!

Oh, and it's not your problem... it's the host server. I'll try to find another way to host these episodes...

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Jan 6th, '07, 02:44

I'm so glad it wasn't me! ^^; I got up to episode 5 and then had 8 and 11 and was going crazy not being able to watch the ones in between! I'll keep checking the website to see if you've fixed it yet. Thanks agian! This is such a cute show. Thanks SO MUCH for subbing it for everyone! ^-^

cha2

Post by cha2 » Jan 8th, '07, 14:29

Hello blushyy!

You post here regularly as well? :-)

Dance Drill is nice from what I have watched so far. :D

cha

thtl

Post by thtl » Jan 9th, '07, 05:58

Gir wrote:
vtx wrote: Sidenote, kaname seems pretty tall among the group. She's 170cm yea? :salut:
Yeah, I noticed that right off, she seems to stand way above everyone else in the show.
She's about 6" taller than the other cast members that I saw heights for.
Actually Tajima Seiko (Matsuda Madoka), the student union chairperson with the pink-rimmed spectacles, is the closest in height at 169 cm.

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Jan 18th, '07, 02:58

Does anyone know other websites where I can download DanDori from? PB Fansubs and Massuki.com are (permenently???) down reguarding this show and I've already watched the first half....which is driving me crazy not being able to watch the rest. Acutally, I need episodes 6, 7, 9, and 10.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?? ONEGAI! I'm dying here! ^^;

runpup

Post by runpup » Jan 18th, '07, 19:02

JuliaLane wrote:Does anyone know other websites where I can download DanDori from? PB Fansubs and Massuki.com are (permenently???) down reguarding this show and I've already watched the first half....which is driving me crazy not being able to watch the rest. Acutally, I need episodes 6, 7, 9, and 10.

Go here:

http://aznv.tv/en/drama/p.iD-MjIz/

You have to register and install Winamp.

candyman808

Post by candyman808 » Jan 25th, '07, 05:57

runpup wrote:
JuliaLane wrote:Does anyone know other websites where I can download DanDori from? PB Fansubs and Massuki.com are (permenently???) down reguarding this show and I've already watched the first half....which is driving me crazy not being able to watch the rest. Acutally, I need episodes 6, 7, 9, and 10.

Go here:

So..Question is Can you download from this site? looks like not. Is there a Place we can download this.. I need 7,9,10, & 11

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Jan 25th, '07, 06:28

candyman808 wrote:
runpup wrote:

Go here:

So..Question is Can you download from this site? looks like not. Is there a Place we can download this.. I need 7,9,10, & 11
I was able to download from the site...but the quality isn't good. Torrent files are so much better! Do you have episode 6 as a torrent (complete, not in 2 files or more?)??? Could you send it to me by any chance? I'll "trade" you episode 11 for it! ^_~

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jan 25th, '07, 06:33

If there was a torrent I would seed. The problem is I have a few different versions of some episodes. All of them play fine but they have different CRC checksums.

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Jan 25th, '07, 06:36

saigo_x wrote:If there was a torrent I would seed. The problem is I have a few different versions of some episodes. All of them play fine but they have different CRC checksums.
What do you mean for "CRC"?
Do you happen to have episodes 6, 7, 9, or 10? (with SUBS!)

How does one go about creating a torrent then? I know so little about all of this...

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jan 25th, '07, 06:45

JuliaLane wrote:What do you mean for "CRC"?

How does one go about creating a torrent then? I know so little about all of this...
A CRC checksum is used to verify that a file is not corrupt. I have all the PB-Fansubs' but for a few of the episodes I have 2 or 3 different copies. As to which ones are the "original" files I do not know.

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Jan 25th, '07, 06:47

saigo_x wrote:
JuliaLane wrote:What do you mean for "CRC"?

A CRC checksum is used to verify that a file is not corrupt. I have all the PB-Fansubs' but for a few of the episodes I have 2 or 3 different copies. As to which ones are the "original" files I do not know.
Is there any way for me to get a copy of the episodes I'm missing from you? I'd even pay you to burn a dvd copy for me if that was what it took! ^^

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jan 25th, '07, 06:53

JuliaLane wrote:Is there any way for me to get a copy of the episodes I'm missing from you? I'd even pay you to burn a dvd copy for me if that was what it took! ^^
Hmm, I really wish there was a torrent. Uploading to direct download sites is a pain. I'll have to think about it.

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Jan 25th, '07, 06:55

saigo_x wrote:
JuliaLane wrote:Is there any way for me to get a copy of the episodes I'm missing from you? I'd even pay you to burn a dvd copy for me if that was what it took! ^^
Hmm, I really wish there was a torrent. Uploading to direct download sites is a pain. I'll have to think about it.
If you are able to upload it somewhere please let me know! I would appreciate it so much!

Is there any way to create a torrent? What IS a torrent exactly anyway?

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jan 25th, '07, 07:03

JuliaLane wrote:If you are able to upload it somewhere please let me know! I would appreciate it so much!

I'm hoping PB-Fansubs will be able to put something back up soon. There are other things I'm already planning on seeding.
Check the HELP(FAQ) link at the top of the page.

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Jan 25th, '07, 07:06

saigo_x wrote:
JuliaLane wrote:If you are able to upload it somewhere please let me know! I would appreciate it so much!

I'm hoping PB-Fansubs will be able to put something back up soon. There are other things I'm already planning on seeding.
Check the HELP(FAQ) link at the top of the page.
Me too! They do such good work! I had downloaded all of "Ganbatte Ikimashoui" and only 1-5, 8 and 11 of "Dance Drill" before it suddenly disappeared to to massuki.com's server problems. The subbed episodes are nearly impossible to find any where! :p

What are you planning on seeding? Recommend anything? ^^ I only discovered J-dramas a few weeks ago or so and fell completely in love!

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jan 25th, '07, 07:14

JuliaLane wrote:Me too! They do such good work! I had downloaded all of "Ganbatte Ikimashoui" and only 1-5, 8 and 11 of "Dance Drill" before it suddenly disappeared to to massuki.com's server problems. The subbed episodes are nearly impossible to find any where! :p

What are you planning on seeding? Recommend anything? ^^ I only discovered J-dramas a few weeks ago or so and fell completely in love!
That's one reason I prefer torrent over DD. They tend to last longer.
I seed what needs seeding I guess hehe. Check the recommended Jdramas thread here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10409.htm.

cha2

Post by cha2 » Jan 26th, '07, 08:17

JuliaLane wrote:I had downloaded all of "Ganbatte Ikimashoui" and only 1-5, 8 and 11 of "Dance Drill" before it suddenly disappeared to to massuki.com's server problems.
Where did you download your episodes of Ganbatte Ikimashoui? I only managed to get Episode 10 from PB-Fansubs' server. The other episodes are not longer available on their server

May I ask what is your Dance Drill Episode 11's crc?

cha2

Post by cha2 » Jan 26th, '07, 08:21

saigo_x: Hi, did you manage to get copies of Episodes 7 and 11 which match the crcs posted to Usenet?

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jan 30th, '07, 06:34

cha2 wrote:saigo_x: Hi, did you manage to get copies of Episodes 7 and 11 which match the crcs posted to Usenet?
Yeah, I downloaded them from Usenet.

Also it looks like Massuki is back with DD links. If anyone downloads from there can you please supply CRC's?

candyman808

Post by candyman808 » Feb 1st, '07, 08:56

cha2 wrote:
JuliaLane wrote:I had downloaded all of "Ganbatte Ikimashoui" and only 1-5, 8 and 11 of "Dance Drill" before it suddenly disappeared to to massuki.com's server problems.
Where did you download your episodes of Ganbatte Ikimashoui? I only managed to get Episode 10 from PB-Fansubs' server. The other episodes are not longer available on their server

May I ask what is your Dance Drill Episode 11's crc?
Same Here.. Hey.. I managed to get Episode 4 and 10 of Ganbatte at the PB site..Cha where can I dowload the rest?

candyman808

Post by candyman808 » Feb 1st, '07, 08:57

Never Did Usenet. Is it free? Is it easy?

cha2

Post by cha2 » Feb 2nd, '07, 00:52

candyman808: I do not know where to download episodes 1-3 and 5-9 of Ganbatte Ikimashoui. Yes, the PB site seems to have only episodes 4 and 10. Perhaps, you could post a message in the PB forum? I already did. There are specific threads for Ganbatte in the PB forum and in d-addicts as well. We should probably shift our discussions.

mhardono

Urgent for Dance Music

Post by mhardono » May 28th, '07, 13:03

Hey, I really want to know what is the title for dance music used by Satsuki High School?
It's hard to know, does anyone know... Please reply ASAP.

jani

Post by jani » Apr 13th, '08, 09:00

i just finished downloading the pb fansubs batch torrent of all the epis...took a while of course but i've got them all and they're all pretty good quality. if anyone wants me to upload certain epis where you can direct download them let me know at janicegar@gmail.com...i can only use megaupload and mediafire
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
>>>foi bom encontrar voce....