King and the Clown (movie)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
zerox

Post by zerox » Jun 14th, '06, 05:16

Thanks for the reminder...I'll remember that..huhu

deathviasatellite

Post by deathviasatellite » Jun 15th, '06, 12:32

oh god this film is so good, i've only watched it once so far but i think its now one of my favourites ever :wub: , i'm going to try and wait til my special edition dvd arrives before i watch it again.. thankYOU yesasia :cheers:

Kon Kon

Post by Kon Kon » Jun 15th, '06, 12:59

This movie is Awesome.
I loved it ..
I didn't touhght that the story woud be like this...
Lee Jun Ki impressed me... :wub:

Minx

Post by Minx » Jun 15th, '06, 21:52

Does anyone have the English Lyrics to Lee Sun Hui's Fate song? I know it is included in the video, but I need it as a text. Please? Thanks for the help :wub:

melz

Post by melz » Jun 16th, '06, 14:28

Watch the movie on youtube with english subs here:
http://youtube.com/view_play_list?p=18EA574125CD6982
No downloading required!!!!

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Jun 17th, '06, 09:58

wow...thanks

uliya80

Post by uliya80 » Jun 28th, '06, 22:10

Help!
Please, could someone upload english subs to film. :-)

warzwar

Post by warzwar » Jun 29th, '06, 06:57

I seen already. It good and strongly story.

Smelly Tofu

Post by Smelly Tofu » Jun 29th, '06, 11:44

gosh i can't wait for this movie special edition to releases at my locals...i hope i would be saving enough to purchase...but is it really worth it..??

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 29th, '06, 14:58

Smelly Tofu wrote:gosh i can't wait for this movie special edition to releases at my locals...i hope i would be saving enough to purchase...but is it really worth it..??
The Limited Edtion has uncut scenes and I think the English might be better than the released rips. I haven't seen it yet, but I saw the uncut screen caps and it seemed better.

You could download or rent it first to see if you like it if you're not sure if you want to own it.

pooh_90

Post by pooh_90 » Jun 29th, '06, 21:36

can someone please upload the sub for me? thanks

luisa

Post by luisa » Jul 1st, '06, 02:38

Yes! Lee Jun Ki did extremely well in this film, he's amazing :-)

Faeleia

Post by Faeleia » Jul 1st, '06, 03:57

Hello, I've been following closely to this thread for two weeks now, and now that I've watched Wang ui Namja( and repeatedly) XD I've fallen in love with the storyline (and Jun ki of course). I'll be going to watch it on screen with my friends yet again, and perhaps buy the DVD sometime later.

I've been thinking a alot about the film and drooling over Junki, but my main reason for posting is because I have some parts of the film that are tugging at the back of my head, and even though I have had some speculations, I would rather seek the opinions of others and get a clearer answer.

Or maybe I'm just in denial, but can someone spoon-feed me the significance of that last few scenes where Kong-gil and Jang Saeng both jumped on the rope before the war, and the part where everybody danced around happily doing the 'blind-man' skit before the screen fades to black? It may sound real stupid, but I truly wish to fully understand this film.

Thanks for your help.

luisa

Post by luisa » Jul 1st, '06, 04:03

Wang ui Namja ??? Is that a film or a drama with Junki??? I'd like to know! Thanks

And I didn't understand much about King And The Clown either :-( LOL :lol Though I guess I got the main idea, but ... I still have some doubts too

Faeleia: I didn't get what happened on the last scenes either, it was like confusing for me. But I think that means that Gong Jil will be a jester forever? :blink don't know , i'm so dumb :scratch:'

But still as I said, I like the film :lol

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Jul 1st, '06, 04:31

luisa wrote:Wang ui Namja ??? Is that a film or a drama with Junki??? I'd like to know! Thanks

And I didn't understand much about King And The Clown either :-( LOL :lol Though I guess I got the main idea, but ... I still have some doubts too

Faeleia: I didn't get what happened on the last scenes either, it was like confusing for me. But I think that means that Gong Jil will be a jester forever? :blink don't know , i'm so dumb :scratch:'

But still as I said, I like the film :lol
lol I was about to post a question about the ending,but I guess nobody could answer it :lol
anyway,here is what I think the last scene meant,even tho it might seem a little ehh lol
They were on their way back to their hometown with their new friends,which means it happened AFTER that last incident @ the Palace... so my guess is,the whole becoming blind,bleeding thing was an act! sort of like their main plan for why they went to the city in the first place

I know it may not make sense to any of you ,but it does to me hehehe or at least that's how I want it to be :whistling:

HanulSky

Post by HanulSky » Jul 1st, '06, 05:29

I felt like Jonggil loved the older jester or somethinng. It's so obscure. But i think it definitly meant he's rather not be a king's man, and reborn to be a jester with the other guy, because you know he's gay in the movie. That how I took it. But it wasn't rightout stated. Maybe they knew they'd be separated or die because a rebellion took over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeonsangun_of_Joseon

The andrygonousness of Junki appealing. He just looks shockingly beautiful in female clothes. At that time woman weren't able to act, so young males had to act in those clothes.

It's funny gayness is not accepted in Korea, but it's all the school girls that went to see it over and over and over again.

Faeleia

Post by Faeleia » Jul 1st, '06, 05:43

CraZyaH wrote:
They were on their way back to their hometown with their new friends,which means it happened AFTER that last incident @ the Palace... so my guess is,the whole becoming blind,bleeding thing was an act! sort of like their main plan for why they went to the city in the first place

I know it may not make sense to any of you ,but it does to me hehehe or at least that's how I want it to be :whistling:
Hmm, but then the fellow jester friend, Six Dix was shot to death by a minister wasn't he? Surely that cannot be an act that was put in place if it was planned by the jesters themselves?

I felt disconnected after that scene, because it was like watching the happier times (before the tragedy), but then again, I reminded myself that one of them was already dead, and previously they (3 other jesters) hadn't known each other yet. :< I'm confused.
I'm trying to get the limited edition of the DVD, and I sure hope that Singapore carries it. *crosses fingers*

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Jul 1st, '06, 05:58

im jalous og junki he is gorgeous in woman close...ayssssshhhhh!....but...MOSTLY CUTE! hehhe...i love that movie!...really sad....

s0ra

Post by s0ra » Jul 5th, '06, 01:36

well i think its more of a flashback of them preparing for their 1st performance on their public jester, or isit a scene in their imagination? :unsure:

HanulSky

Sorah

Post by HanulSky » Jul 5th, '06, 02:35

s0ra wrote:well i think its more of a flashback of them preparing for their 1st performance on their public jester, or isit a scene in their imagination? :unsure:
Hmm. I think Gongil seem tad emotional towards the old jester. I don't know what it means, but he decided he really loved the jester guy and not the king. Gongil was like crying for him. And the king didn't seem to upset about it.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jul 5th, '06, 16:09

s0ra wrote:well i think its more of a flashback of them preparing for their 1st performance on their public jester, or isit a scene in their imagination? :unsure:
I'd agree with something along the lines of that.
There is no way they tricked the king or pretended to be blind, it wasn't that kind of movie and never suggested it was. It ended with them bouncing on the rope like old times when they used to have fun before the others charged in to over throw the king (like the wiki says). The ending part with them having fun was a sort of flash back to before they got caught making fun of the king and it all went downhill..

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Jul 12th, '06, 06:13

omfg... number one movie in korea for 2005? i give this movie a big "wtf" i mean... did the king like jun-ki's character? was he.... gay? honestly i think id have to watch it twice to understand, but i dont want to :x and.... was jun-ki's character... a man-ho? gah @_@ like his friend was all "there are somethings u just shouldnt sell" next scene, some guy is like undressin jun-ki and tryin to ass grab him? then.... the king is psychotic... "MOTHER!", sorry man jun-ki isnt ur mom. and he acts like a child (the king) always goin "lets play!" then.. jun-ki is too emotional in this movie hes always screaming "stop it!" but doesnt do anything... just stand there and watchs people get their ass kiked... he looks too much like a girl in this movie... i though My Girl made him look like a girl... this one.... omg -_- lkajsdfl hes a good actor, but this movie was just.... too out there.

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Jul 14th, '06, 02:11

humm truly have a problem ..
i have the file 2 part and each part was like 700 MB ..
i have SRT part 2 but seem i cannot find part 1 o.o

so if someone can upload in yousendit for me the srt file
for the part 1

i upload the SRT part 2 ..
but i lost part 1 and don't want download in clubbox again for only 34 ko o.o
thank :-)
Attachments
The King and the Clown [2].avi.srt
(31.71 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

Abiona

Post by Abiona » Jul 14th, '06, 05:11

Is there anywhere hosting this file that doesn't require a 50 post minimum contribution to the forums or a donation or something? YouTube either isn't working for me (not uncommon) or the file has been taken down by the powers that be.

I desperately need to see the beauty of Joon Ki in this movie! Help!

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jul 15th, '06, 16:39

Abiona wrote:Is there anywhere hosting this file that doesn't require a 50 post minimum contribution to the forums or a donation or something? YouTube either isn't working for me (not uncommon) or the file has been taken down by the powers that be.

I desperately need to see the beauty of Joon Ki in this movie! Help!
Idols Unlimited

Miaka FY, did you try kloofy?

NiikuraKaoru, there are news articles and information on sites that will help you out if you didn't understand the movie.. but from what you said, maybe it's better if you just stick to movies that don't require a lot of thinking..

Abiona

Post by Abiona » Jul 15th, '06, 22:59

WHEEE!!! Thank you so much. :D

miga

Post by miga » Sep 11th, '06, 06:28

Lowest wrote:
I'd agree with something along the lines of that.
There is no way they tricked the king or pretended to be blind, it wasn't that kind of movie and never suggested it was. It ended with them bouncing on the rope like old times when they used to have fun before the others charged in to over throw the king (like the wiki says). The ending part with them having fun was a sort of flash back to before they got caught making fun of the king and it all went downhill..
Hello,

What I thought is that they all died and that the scene where everybody is there including those who died is a reunion of the clowns in heaven or in the afterlife.... makes sense?

miga :-)

nichollegal

Post by nichollegal » Sep 11th, '06, 17:27

yepp i hav watched tis movie adi....i think tis movie is not bad, i like the way how they express out their friendship n can say is sum kind of gay show but is jus the way tat how do u all judge about gays coz sum of them they think is gross but when u understand them n u will find out many interesting way of living....i understand coz i hav frens who are homosexuals....n also u might learn a lot bout korean culture too...

asuran_rocks

Post by asuran_rocks » Oct 18th, '06, 05:21

if you haven't got the extened DVD yet... u HAVE to watch thissss

:lol
shudders.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 19th, '06, 01:18

I thought that the movie was OK, I just didn't understand how the clown was really funny. I guess there was some political satire in there, but really corny stuff... As for the gay / not gay, meh, didn't care too much about it

MinaPi

Post by MinaPi » Oct 19th, '06, 13:16

this movie went to Japan! Whish them all good luck!

balabala

Post by balabala » Oct 19th, '06, 16:29

i like this film, this is very good.
no wonder how it can get many viewer. luv it
it'll do best in japan 2.

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Dec 9th, '06, 21:36

yep ive seen it....its kool...but not the best...

bean

Post by bean » Dec 14th, '06, 05:38

THIS movie will sure rock in japan....

Coz junki put lots of effort in that movie....

arielle7

Post by arielle7 » Dec 20th, '07, 08:45

did the special edition come out yet?