[Movie Discussion] DEATH NOTE series

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
babycurious

Post by babycurious » Apr 26th, '06, 08:31

woohoo.... :cheers:
i've check it....the trailer is awesome, and the soundtrack too
i really can't wait for the movie
I suppose they gonna do the shinigami part with CG he?

thanks a lot for the info! I can't really find that thriller by myself :-(

jonasr_jp

Post by jonasr_jp » Apr 26th, '06, 08:48

Thats just great, can't wait to see it...

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 26th, '06, 15:49

for me it's just playing the same trailer as it used to.. maybe it changes like Lights position in the room or something.. :unsure:

Also I noticed the mobile plays RHCP's single as it's ringtone now.

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » Apr 27th, '06, 05:07

Lowest wrote:for me it's just playing the same trailer as it used to.. maybe it changes like Lights position in the room or something.. :unsure:

Did you click on the remote sitting next to the tv?
It might change along with Light...I noticed he moved around a lot, but I don't really know. You might want to check back again because its definitely worth it!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Apr 27th, '06, 05:37

i love the new trailer sooooo much!!

:lol :lol it makes me jump every time
:wink: (oh ryuk!)

Kaila

Post by Kaila » Apr 27th, '06, 05:48

i can't wait to see what the shinegami look like! :D

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 27th, '06, 13:29

kellzerz wrote:
Lowest wrote:for me it's just playing the same trailer as it used to.. maybe it changes like Lights position in the room or something.. :unsure:

Did you click on the remote sitting next to the tv?
It might change along with Light...I noticed he moved around a lot, but I don't really know. You might want to check back again because its definitely worth it!
Yep, I went back just now and got the newer trailer, it looks really good though the shinigami looks kind of too cgi.. :unsure:

darkangst

Post by darkangst » Apr 28th, '06, 06:14

L looks a heck lot better than Light now..... Hmmm Light looks kinda too grungy and not elite enough looking...

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Apr 28th, '06, 07:00

Wow... it's looking really good! L actually looks like L... although Fujiwara is still irking me. But Ryuk is awesome... I wonder who's gonna do the voice acting?

Lowest

Post by Lowest » May 5th, '06, 18:50

The website has had a little update again, you might see the laptop on Lights desk without light being there this time on it there is a repeating picture of the laptop if you click it a few times it'll show you L wallpaper links.

babycurious

Post by babycurious » May 6th, '06, 18:42

oops... i just know that we can read a couple of pages from the manga if we klick one of the book from the book case
but it's in japanesse :( lol

Ro~Chan

Post by Ro~Chan » May 6th, '06, 18:48

The official website is awesome. I like it. And the new preview/trailer for the movie is great! Now I can see why Matsuyama got to play L.

Honestly though, I lost interest in the manga since you-know-what-happened. Is anyone still following it? Any good? Or did it already end?

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » May 30th, '06, 22:30

Ro~Chan wrote:The official website is awesome. I like it. And the new preview/trailer for the movie is great! Now I can see why Matsuyama got to play L.

Honestly though, I lost interest in the manga since you-know-what-happened. Is anyone still following it? Any good? Or did it already end?
I don't know if you have already found this information out...you did write this back in the beginning of May, but if not, I will reply!
Deathnote just ended a while ago. Personally, I was a little disappointed with the end. And you are right that it goes down-hill after 'you know what' happens...but because I was such a fan, I continued to read in hopes of it getting better! And because I really wanted to see how it would end. Overall, it is the best manga I have ever gotten my hands on. Mostly because it was a real thinker (I was amazed by how crazy the storyline was and I was intrigued by the things Raito did in order to not get caught...) but anyway, that's enough of my review.
I would say that since you got up to 'that' part, you have read the best part of the manga.

norz

Post by norz » Jun 13th, '06, 00:19

just want to say what my dream team would be before the movie comes out

matsujun-L opposite yamapi-Light

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jun 13th, '06, 20:05

Comes out next week doesn't it? 6.17

- Death Note Movie trailer with English subs (2mins)
- Death Note tv specials - you see a lot of the shinigami and they get RHCP to talk for about 10 seconds
- Death Note movie trailer (Long version) (3mins)

[img]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7236/dn26ee.jpg[/img]

CrimsonDreamer

Post by CrimsonDreamer » Jun 14th, '06, 19:37

Last edited by CrimsonDreamer on Jun 15th, '06, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Jun 15th, '06, 06:24

CrimsonDreamer wrote:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9590/dn17of.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6008/dn24sc.jpg
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/1976/mgscan5vy.jpg

Making of Death Note Movie :
1-
2-

a question.. anyone know when we can get the RAW of this Movie? and is it possibe that D-Addicts bring the RAW?
It's not even out in the theaters yet, and you want the DVD rip? Time machine?

CrimsonDreamer

Post by CrimsonDreamer » Jun 15th, '06, 16:12

Wolfsbane68 wrote: It's not even out in the theaters yet, and you want the DVD rip? Time machine?

................ I know its not out in the theaters yet .. its going to be out on 17th of this month .. I know that bud ;)

MY bad , I shouldnt say "anyone know when we can get the RAW ..but what I wanted to know is "if its possible to bring the raw HERE in Daddicts...Thats al.

I understand its not possible UNTILL the DVD come out.. i'm not a newbie ^_~

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jun 15th, '06, 16:32

As the rules on DA say, movies aren't allowed to be uploaded here, and it's normally unlikely for a raw movie file to be upload unless it's a dvdrip, which means you'd have to wait for the dvd to come out in japan. Though it does depend on the popularity of the movie sometimes.

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jun 15th, '06, 16:48

oh wow! I'm soo behind in all of this! I just watched the trailer and i love it! I'm really looking forward in watching this!

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jun 15th, '06, 17:37

I think I forgot to mention yesterday.. the anime is due out later this year :)

CrimsonDreamer

Post by CrimsonDreamer » Jun 15th, '06, 23:11

Lowest wrote:As the rules on DA say, movies aren't allowed to be uploaded here, and it's normally unlikely for a raw movie file to be upload unless it's a dvdrip, which means you'd have to wait for the dvd to come out in japan. Though it does depend on the popularity of the movie sometimes.
Yep yep , :) about the DVD rip.. I know ofcourse it wont be available on the net by magic XD unless someone rip it from the DVD! but the DA policy is a new info to me .. thats a pity :unsure:

anyways I hope it wont take forever for the DVD to come out.. (like One Piece Anime Movies , they release them after 5 months usually :cry: )

pleasantly different

Post by pleasantly different » Jun 15th, '06, 23:16

umm
q.what is deathnote about?
i dont understand jack on the websites cos i dont speak japenese
oh dear :(

CrimsonDreamer

Post by CrimsonDreamer » Jun 15th, '06, 23:21

pleasantly different wrote:umm
q.what is deathnote about?
i dont understand jack on the websites cos i dont speak japenese
oh dear :(
I guess this can help you : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note

My fav is L X3 he is the besttttt!!!~~

pleasantly different

Post by pleasantly different » Jun 15th, '06, 23:22

fanx hun

oceanic

Post by oceanic » Jun 15th, '06, 23:40

Ah, I finally get to see a poster for DN! =p
But i'm not convinced with the actors that play L and Light.
Maybe just me. >.<
L looks so good in the book...
But to say about the actor, I'm not so sure he's got the looks department. :unsure:
I think the "L" actor should actually swap with the one playing "light"!

:blink There's another one coming out in October?
:mrgreen: double fun!
:wub: DN... but couldnt resist reading the ending already. :whistling:

:mrgreen: Cant remember which one (trailer) i saw not so long ago.
But, :lol Shinigami looks so cute at the end of the trailer.

neena

Post by neena » Jun 15th, '06, 23:47

OMG!! L is HOT!!! :D I have to watch this!!! I just saw the new trailer...the shinigami looked too cool!!!

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 16th, '06, 23:31

w0ah..i visited the site again..and..it was koooool..hahah..they upd8d it..RHCP OST...sweeet.. ~ XD altho..it was kinda funneeh bout the fact that the nav keys and links are in english but if u click on it u get a whole lot of japanese writings..hahaha..bless..it tooke me forever to read..considering my limited knowledge of kanjis..hahaha..

shamps

Post by shamps » Jun 18th, '06, 21:07

I really can't wait until this is up for download somewhere, i just started reading the manga recently (from a friends review heh) and i'm really enjoying it and the trailers look really cool ^^;

jun`

Post by jun` » Jun 18th, '06, 21:32

So..i just looked througgh a few pages of this thread..
夜神 月 Raito Yagami +++ Tatsuya Fijiwara 藤原竜也

L +++ Kenichi Matsuyama 松山ケンイチ(who played Shin in the movie "NANA")

弥 海砂 Misa +++ Erika Toda 戸田恵理香 (who became a famous as Mariko in "Nobuta wo Produce")
^^ from one of the posters..

well i think they're okay, erika caught my eye in nobuta wo produce, tatsuya in battle royale & kenichi in NANA.
TV Series

* Tsubasa No Oreta Tenshitachi - Episode 2 (Fuji TV, 2006)
* Ichi Ritoru no Namida (Fuji TV, 2005)

[edit]
Movies

* Death Note (2006)
* Otoko-tachi no Yamato (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451845/) (2005)
* Nana The movie (http://www.nana-movie.com/) (2005)
* Kasutamu-meido 10.30 (2005)
* Furyo shonen no yume (2005)
creditx;http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Matsuyama_Kenichi

I don't think kenichi is bad at all, i mean i've only seen one of works "NANA" but like..he shouldn't be too bad? & plus, he did a lot in 2005 >.> 4 movies & 1 drama. not bad eh?

so, supposingly the death note movie came out june 17th?? does anybody know if it'll come to the US if it does i'll be the first one to see it xD can't wait.

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » Jun 19th, '06, 03:23

The movie poster for Death Note looks very very good, I can't wait to see the actual movie. i am a mejor fan of the manga, and it is certainly great to see that it's being turn into a movie, and also an anime at the end of the year.

As for how the actors look, I am pretty much alright with it, it is not possbile for the actors to look exactly like their manga counterparts, the important thing is how they portray the roles and whether the two of them are able to emit off Raito and L's aura.

Whether or not the movie will travel to other countries will depend on how well it do in the theatres... wait I take that back, NANA did pretty well and I never saw it in theatres. Guess will just have to wait for the DVD to come out.

smapgal

Post by smapgal » Jun 19th, '06, 09:07

hi... does anyone have the theme song of death note?? cant wait for it to watch it.. thank you

oberon

Post by oberon » Jun 19th, '06, 11:43

I think the theme song is the Red hot chilli peppers with dani california, but I'm not sure!!. The trailer has this song in it.

jun`

Post by jun` » Jun 19th, '06, 17:13

Hedgehog wrote:The movie poster for Death Note looks very very good, I can't wait to see the actual movie. i am a mejor fan of the manga, and it is certainly great to see that it's being turn into a movie, and also an anime at the end of the year.

As for how the actors look, I am pretty much alright with it, it is not possbile for the actors to look exactly like their manga counterparts, the important thing is how they portray the roles and whether the two of them are able to emit off Raito and L's aura.

Whether or not the movie will travel to other countries will depend on how well it do in the theatres... wait I take that back, NANA did pretty well and I never saw it in theatres. Guess will just have to wait for the DVD to come out.
Haha great!

& yes oberon the theme song is dani california by red hot chilli pepers

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 19th, '06, 17:23

Viz bought the Nana movie so although there wont be a theatrical release, there should be a american DVD release soon. About whenever the anime version comes out. Hopefully Death Note will be similar, or hopefully it has subs on the japanese release. (The japanese dvd has no english subs)

sHeEnA2o9

Post by sHeEnA2o9 » Jun 20th, '06, 01:22

does anyone know where I can find this movie? Like a website or something?? Also does anyone know if there are any subs for this yet?

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 20th, '06, 13:41

sHeEnA2o9 wrote:does anyone know where I can find this movie? Like a website or something?? Also does anyone know if there are any subs for this yet?
you are the second person who asked this. the movie came out IN THEATERS on monday. not only is there no subs, youd be hard pressed to find a download of even the crapiest copy.

inkidot

Post by inkidot » Jun 20th, '06, 13:51

does anyone know where I can find this movie? Like a website or something?? Also does anyone know if there are any subs for this yet?
Death Note has only just been released in the cinemas in Japan, so it will be a while to wait for the DVD release yet.

I think the problem that most people (who haven't seen Tatsuya in anything other than Battle Royale) are having, is thinking that Shuya Nanahara is the only kind of character he can play. I have seen him act many times in numerous different dramas, stage productions and movies and he is very good at being the 'evil' character.

I think this movie will be fantastic, and I really really want to see it!!

-pan-

jun`

Post by jun` » Jun 20th, '06, 17:11

inkidot wrote:
Death Note has only just been released in the cinemas in Japan, so it will be a while to wait for the DVD release yet.

I think the problem that most people (who haven't seen Tatsuya in anything other than Battle Royale) are having, is thinking that Shuya Nanahara is the only kind of character he can play. I have seen him act many times in numerous different dramas, stage productions and movies and he is very good at being the 'evil' character.

I think this movie will be fantastic, and I really really want to see it!!

-pan-
evil....goooooooooooooooooooooooood 8) lol, i've only seen him as shuya nanahara but i think he did that char pretty well especially in the sequel as well.

oberon

Post by oberon » Jun 22nd, '06, 15:39

btw I don't know of this is already been asked but I was reading wikipedia and they said there is going to be a second movie in october. Does anyone know if this is true??

inkidot

Post by inkidot » Jun 22nd, '06, 16:32

btw I don't know of this is already been asked but I was reading wikipedia and they said there is going to be a second movie in october. Does anyone know if this is true??
Yep, this is true. Although I think it's been pushed back to November. Its because the manga is in two seperate parts - and so they've made the movies that way.

-pan-

yuji

Post by yuji » Jun 23rd, '06, 06:48

heard that it will be releasing in around 15 countries other than Japan...hopefully it won't take too long for it to release in Singapore. I dying to watch this movie !!!

raphaël
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by raphaël » Jun 24th, '06, 07:07

I saw it on wednesday.
It's really worth it, though the plot has changed, and not for the best. The special effects are great, and the actors quite good too. L is perfect, just like you want him to be when you read the manga.

I'm just a bit disappointed in the script, which turned too simple, too quick. Light's character becomes... boring.

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Jun 24th, '06, 07:18

Why oh why did they make Dani California the theme song? What is going on in the world? :P

raphaël
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by raphaël » Jun 25th, '06, 04:02

theresalynne wrote:Why oh why did they make Dani California the theme song? What is going on in the world? :P
Well, believe it or not, it sort of suits the ending credits... sort of...
lol

I don't like the song either, but I was surprised I listened to it until the end... :crazy:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jun 25th, '06, 07:10

raphaël wrote:I saw it on wednesday.
It's really worth it, though the plot has changed, and not for the best. The special effects are great, and the actors quite good too. L is perfect, just like you want him to be when you read the manga.

I'm just a bit disappointed in the script, which turned too simple, too quick. Light's character becomes... boring.
arghh you're soo lucky. LoL, it probably won't still be in theaters around late august huh? (that's when i'll be in japan)

raphaël
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by raphaël » Jun 25th, '06, 15:49

x_XJules wrote:
raphaël wrote:it probably won't still be in theaters around late august huh? (that's when i'll be in japan)
mmm... If you're in Tokyo, I'm not sure there won't be any theaters showing it. But it's true Japanese movies come and go very fast so... Don't worry you'll see it eventually on DVD. ^^

ps : I'm not that lucky, you know. I'm actually broke and depressed. :lol

fuyuke

Post by fuyuke » Sep 4th, '06, 07:37

death note first movie is going to come to spore on 19th oct! yeah

asuran_rocks

Post by asuran_rocks » Sep 4th, '06, 17:17

wow i din noe that Matsuyama Kenichi acted as L... saw him in nana , the first one... like totally different sorta character man.

asuran_rocks

Post by asuran_rocks » Sep 4th, '06, 17:19

wow i din noe that Matsuyama Kenichi acted as L... saw him in nana , the first one... like totally different sorta character man.

Psygnius

Post by Psygnius » Sep 4th, '06, 20:57

When does the 2nd movie come out? If I remember correctly, it should be fairly soon.

vicvicious

Post by vicvicious » Sep 23rd, '06, 19:19

Psygnius wrote:When does the 2nd movie come out? If I remember correctly, it should be fairly soon.
yes. it will be out by 3rd of November this year. Iya~~ seeing the latest tralier is tormented! i wanna see it eventhough i haven't seen the first sequel yet!

[img]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6726/dn2ac8.jpg[/img]

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 24th, '06, 01:28

Cant wait for it to come out to US. Well if it ever does. :glare: Or just download it from somewhere on the net :lol

Anyways, I love the manga so much. I don't know about the movie though. For those who has seen it, is it worth it to buy the DVD once it comes out? Any opinions...

Psygnius

Post by Psygnius » Sep 24th, '06, 03:44

The story looks like it's going to revolve only around the first half of the manga, which is the better half in my opinion. However, I'm wondering how is it going to end, I kinda doubt it'll end like how the first half of the manga ended.

LdyKlutzy

Post by LdyKlutzy » Sep 26th, '06, 00:33

My friend just told me about this movie. It looks good. I never read the manga though o.o

taiyjung

Post by taiyjung » Oct 7th, '06, 07:04

i go to watching this movies tomorrowww

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » Oct 7th, '06, 08:05

where?

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 9th, '06, 20:35

DEATH NOTE 1st movie DVD available this month, 25th October
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000F4MAXQ

i hope theres english subs as the movie was shown in many parts of Asia!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 10th, '06, 01:02

furransu wrote:DEATH NOTE 1st movie DVD available this month, 25th October

YATTA!!!!!! arigatou!!! I thought it'd take A LOT longer!! this is such great news

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 10th, '06, 01:59

well the 2nd movie should take some time ><early><

Likekillua

Post by Likekillua » Oct 10th, '06, 05:47

DEATH NOTE 1st movie DVD available this month, 25th October

Yatta :cheers: I heard Deathnote would shown in my country on 27th October :w00t: But the DVD will come out on 25th Oct :roll maybe i'd buy it instead of goin' to the theater coz' i don't like Vietnamese-sub much, it usually has a lot of mistakes :|

Starlightkitty7

Post by Starlightkitty7 » Oct 10th, '06, 14:02

OH! I can't wait for it to come out!!! I'm defiantly seeing it right away!!!
Hey! Did anyone read about the weird things that happened to those who were takign part in the movie? A lot of bad luck! ^__^ Its interesting but anyways, the actors don't look bad! They match...

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » Oct 10th, '06, 23:16

i just finished the whole manga 2 days ago, 12 vols in 2 days >__<, such addicting manga, i hope the ending would be pretty much like in the manga (not that i like it but its sitll better than having stopped at where L dies X( ) . I was really upset when L died in the manga, L is my favorite character, then Ryuk.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 12th, '06, 13:39

i asked yesasia about Death Note DVD and they gave me this link :D

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 004523678/

They will sell the Hong Kong version that will be released on the 27th October with English subs!!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 12th, '06, 16:17

L's real name revealed in vol13 of Death Note..

http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 669xw4.jpg

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 12th, '06, 19:07

YO, the manga is only up to volume 8 if people are buying it AND people have not yet seen the movie. Can you watch with the spoilers? You are so casually revealing everything. Be nicer to people.

Psygnius

Post by Psygnius » Oct 12th, '06, 19:32

Well, it's not really a spoiler, since L's real name is never really mentioned in the manga at all. The picture that furransu linked to is only a card that comes with some of the Japanese versions of Volume 13.

Plus, I think Volume 13 is the final volume of the series.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 13th, '06, 03:17

kind of a spoiler
L... LoL, i just got to that part. :lol i think it's volume 7. i can't believe there are 6 more. a new character.. i dunno how i feel about this.
does anyone know how far the first movie goes into the manga?

edit: thank you blueeyedwolf!!
Last edited by x_XJules on Oct 13th, '06, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

blueeyedwolf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by blueeyedwolf » Oct 13th, '06, 03:17

As the rules on DA say, movies aren't allowed to be uploaded here, and it's normally unlikely for a raw movie file to be upload unless it's a dvdrip, which means you'd have to wait for the dvd to come out in japan. Though it does depend on the popularity of the movie sometimes.
FYI....Nya! will be subbing this movie as soon as we can get our grubby hands on the DVD. However, we won't be uploading it to DA due to their policy. You can download it from our website at nyafansubs.com when it's available.^^

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 13th, '06, 03:21

no need to sub it >< theres english subs in the DVD :)

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Oct 13th, '06, 07:48

furransu wrote:no need to sub it >< theres english subs in the DVD :)
If that's the usual "Hong Kong bootleg" crap, there's definitely a need for Nya!'s quality subs.

blueeyedwolf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by blueeyedwolf » Oct 13th, '06, 17:14

no need to sub it >< theres english subs in the DVD
Are you sure there's English subs? Is there a site where I can verify that?

Psygnius

Post by Psygnius » Oct 13th, '06, 20:37

x_XJules wrote:
does anyone know how far the first movie goes into the manga?
The first movie follows the story up until Light joins L's investigation team.

CrimsonDreamer

Post by CrimsonDreamer » Oct 13th, '06, 23:34

Matsuyama Kenichi is so cute..I'd like to see more movies/dramas for him in the future. I'm sad that he doesn't have enough fans X3;

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 14th, '06, 17:23

Wolfsbane68 wrote:
furransu wrote:no need to sub it >< theres english subs in the DVD :)
If that's the usual "Hong Kong bootleg" crap, there's definitely a need for Nya!'s quality subs.
im sorry to tell you that yesasia.com does not sell bootlegs :)

and blueeyedwolf this is the link http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 004523678/