Satoshi Tsumabuki

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
EMTQueen

Satoshi Tsumabuki

Post by EMTQueen » Nov 16th, '05, 06:06

He deserves his own thread for his own brand of hotness.

I made an LJ community for him.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Nov 16th, '05, 06:07

Yeah, he does! :wub:

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Nov 16th, '05, 06:15

It's about time! :wub:
Thanks for the link. *added to bookmarks*
It'll be good reading material on my free time. hehe

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 16th, '05, 06:32

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a Satoshi Tsumabuki thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised that no one started this before today~!

Let's see, JTV (and Jaycee's avatar) brought me to him in Orange Days and I've been hooked on him ever since.

However, I like his character in Lunch Queen the most. And was a bit disappointed when compared to his brother (Fujiki Naohito) in Slow Dance, he wasn't considered good-looking. C'mon, how can that be?? Just look at him!!!

He made an awesome doctor in BlackJack and I'm anticipating on watching Wedding Planner once the first episode is finished downloading. :-)

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Nov 16th, '05, 07:17

I need to start downloading Wedding Planner.

I've seen: Orange Days (which is where I discovered him), Say Hello To Blackjack, Sabu, and Slow Dance.

Ever notice that he plays characters that cry a lot?

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Nov 16th, '05, 07:27

am i his only guy fan? i've watched alot of his dramas n movies...
he's good... now my fav haiyuu are him and shibasaki kou!

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 16th, '05, 07:32

this makes me want to watch slow dance all over again. one thing i like best about him is that he has a very gentle face. and while his hotness is no less than any of the other droolworthy japanese actors, his whole persona seems more "boy-next-door" and real to me. wonderful acting skills, i love him in everything i've seen him in. :heart:

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Nov 16th, '05, 07:42

Pictures!

yummy! \(^_^)/

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Nov 16th, '05, 07:53

lilswtangel wrote:He made an awesome doctor in BlackJack and I'm anticipating on watching Wedding Planner once the first episode is finished downloading. :-)
From all the episodes I've seen of Wedding Planner, he doesn't have too many parts, but out of all the parts that he was in, you may or may not like his character.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 16th, '05, 10:30

yt_toshi wrote:
lilswtangel wrote:He made an awesome doctor in BlackJack and I'm anticipating on watching Wedding Planner once the first episode is finished downloading. :-)
From all the episodes I've seen of Wedding Planner, he doesn't have too many parts, but out of all the parts that he was in, you may or may not like his character.
uh-oh, that doesn't sound too good........*crosses fingers* hope I do like his character. :-)
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Nov 16th, '05, 16:30

I think my favorite drama that he has been in is Orange Days with Lunch Queen in second. I'm glad he got a main lead role in OD. Anyone know if he's doing anything lately?

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Nov 17th, '05, 09:03

Kou Shibasaki and Satoshi Tsumabuki are going to be reunited in a live action version of Dororo! That makes me very happy.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 17th, '05, 09:13

EMTQueen wrote:Kou Shibasaki and Satoshi Tsumabuki are going to be reunited in a live action version of Dororo! That makes me very happy.
What a great news, love them in Orange Days! :D

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 18th, '05, 03:52

lilswtangel wrote:However, I like his character in Lunch Queen the most. And was a bit disappointed when compared to his brother (Fujiki Naohito) in Slow Dance, he wasn't considered good-looking. C'mon, how can that be?? Just look at him!!!
I think you just answered your own question. Compare him to Fujiki Naohito, he is just not good looking enough. I'm not saying that in a bad way, just that he's definitely more cute than handsome.

Love Orange Days, watch it for Tsumabuki, ended up falling for Nari instead. :lol

I didn't really like Kou's character in OD, I thought she was annoying and hard-headed. I can't wait to watch Haru no Yuki. His leading lady is Yuki Takeuchi, love her.

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Nov 18th, '05, 04:39

Kou's character may have been annoying and hard-headed, but Kou's acting was magnificent.

And I just watched Waterboys! It was such a cute and funny movie!

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 18th, '05, 18:14

Never really underestimated her acting, just didn't really like her character.

Waterboys is such a gay movie, but god it is funny. Favorite scene is when the afro guy hair got caught on fire, and the whole scene moved in slow motion, that was hilarious.

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Nov 18th, '05, 20:17

I was cracking up at that scene! It was hilarious!

dark_hyperion

Post by dark_hyperion » Nov 25th, '05, 06:13

I loved him in Orange Days!
I've been recommending a lot of people to watch it...(Tsumabuki Satoshi promotion time...haha)

Iv3_imt

Post by Iv3_imt » Nov 29th, '05, 03:03

Satoshi Tsumabuki is y first fave actor
I like him in Queen Lunch
he is cute there..
he is`also good in Orange Days..

cant wait to see haru no yuki
he is again paired with Yuko Takeuchi...
is it aired yet?

currently im watching slow dance..
at first i dont like old woman n young man r'ship..
but they might have good chemistry

is say hello to blackjack good?

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Nov 29th, '05, 04:55

Say Hello To Blackjack is good, but Tsumabuki's character is kind of a whiny ****.

Iv3_imt

Post by Iv3_imt » Nov 29th, '05, 10:29

yeah..that's why i stopped watching it :unsure: :-(

hatanaka

Post by hatanaka » Mar 20th, '06, 16:26

I cannot wait to see him in Haru No Yuki the movie. :wub: I just read the book by Mishima and Tsumabuki-kun should be perfect as the main character. You can see the Haru no Yuki thread at http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21599
Attachments
harunoyuki.jpg
harunoyuki.jpg (15.33 KiB) Viewed 7630 times

nalika

Post by nalika » Mar 20th, '06, 18:08

I fall in love with him in Orange Day... :wub:

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:48

Ooh, I can't believe I forgot to post this here! So, a couple of weeks ago, I went to see V for Vendetta in the theater where I work. One of the trailers in front of the movie was for The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Guess who I see waving a flag to start a race? Satoshi Tsumabuki! I got so excited in the theater and my coworkers (with whom I was watching the movie) were like, "The hell is your issue?"

hatanaka

Post by hatanaka » Apr 3rd, '06, 22:12

That's right, my husband saw V for Vendetta over the weekend and told me about that as well. It's so nice that he supports my Tsumabuki addiction. (Or should I say "tolerates" ha ha!) :lol

sejabin

Post by sejabin » Apr 9th, '06, 17:54

JUNZABURO!!!! :wub: I'm currently watching Lunch Queen and I just simply ADORE him to bits. He's so adorable!

I think I'm going to watch Slow Dance next. I can't hardly wait!!!

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Tsumabuki Satoshi @ http://www.izzue.com

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 13th, '06, 19:55

Do you guys know that Satoshi is in HK clothing brand http://www.izzue.com
I have some pictures of him....i would like to share with everyone :whistling:
Hope you guyz like the pics :-)
Attachments
st.jpg
st.jpg (67.43 KiB) Viewed 7598 times

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 14th, '06, 19:39

List of Tsumabuki Satoshi drama & movies....

# Dororo (2007) (pre-production) .... Hyakkimaru
# The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) (filming)

# Yawarakai seikatsu (2005) .... Noboru
# Haru no yuki (2005) .... Kiyoaki Matsugae
# "Slow Dance" (2005) (mini) TV Series .... Riichi Serizawa
# Mayonaka no Yaji-san Kita-san (2005) .... The Phantom Yaijrobei
# Lorelei: The Witch of the Pacific Ocean (2005) .... Yukito Origasa
# Yaku san-jû no uso (2004) .... Sasaki
# 69 (2004)
# "Matthew's Best Hit TV"
- Episode dated 7 July 2004 (2004) TV Episode .... Bucky
# "Orenji deizu" (2004) TV Series .... Yuuki Kai
... aka Orange Days (International: English title: literal title)
# Kyô no dekigoto (2004) .... Nakazawa
... aka A Day on the Planet
# Joze to tora to sakana tachi (2003) .... Tsuneo
... aka Josee, the Tiger and the Fish (International: English title)
# Doragon heddo (2003) .... Teru Aoki
... aka Dragon Head (International: English title)
# Sayonara, Kuro (2003) .... Ryosuke Kimura
# "The Queen of Lunchtime Cuisine" (2002) (mini) TV Series .... Junzaburo Nabeshima
# Sabu (2002) (TV) .... Sabu
# Long Love Letter: Hyôryu kyôshitsu (2002) .... Ryuta Fujiwara
# Jam Films (2002) .... (segment "Justice"
# Chushingura 1/47 (2001) (TV) .... Gunbe Takada
# Waterboys (2001) .... Suzuki
# "Dekichatta kekkon" (2001) TV Series .... Takumi Shinjo
... aka Shotgun Wedding
# Tomie: Re-birth (2001) .... Takumi Aoyama

# Nazo no tenkousei (1998) .... Koichi Iwata
... aka The Dimension Travelers (USA: DVD title)

arcticbleue

Post by arcticbleue » Apr 16th, '06, 05:30

This is from http://www.japan-zone.com

Actor Tsumabuki Satoshi (25) is to make his Hollywood debut in the latest sequel to "The Fast and The Furious". Known in Japan as "Wild Speed x 3 - Tokyo Drift", the movie is about the local drift racing scene and set almost entirely in the capital. Tsumabuki plays a race starter and spent a week in LA filming several early scenes, though he has only one line - "Go!" The part is said to have been created for the popular young actor, described by director Justin Lin as "unbelievably handsome", after plans for him to have a bigger role fell through. He and former "Seventeen" model Kitagawa Keiko - who has appeared in several Sailor Moon movies - are the only Japanese actors included in the cast list. Incidentally, a quick read of the storyline on the IMDB website raises questions of authenticity (US military officer living in "a cramped apartment in a low-rent section of Tokyo"! If you want to see for yourself, the movie is due to open during the summer.

Trailer : Watch him say GO!!

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Apr 20th, '06, 04:27

Man... I really don't want to see that movie, but I almost feel compelled just for that one line.

Maybe I'll go for him, then leave after he says "Go!" :P

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » May 18th, '06, 12:33

Bump.

And to reiterate: http://community.livejournal.com/_tsumabuki

I just recently updated a couple of hours ago.

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » May 23rd, '06, 00:57

I just found this thread! Thank goodness. 'Cause I really really like Satoshi Tsumabuki. Currently, I'm watching Lunch Queen. I had seen him in some movies before, so that's why I watching more dramas: to see more of my favorite actors/actresses. Anyway, I think he really has that innocent guy down. What a great actor! My favorite part in the "Lunch Queen" series so far (I haven't finished the drama yet) is the part where he promises to keep Natsumi's secret and is in the kitchen looking at the eggplants. He looks all deep in thought and then *boom* he starts singing really goofy-like, "futari no himitsu". So cute!

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » May 28th, '06, 07:03

I just started watching Lunch Queen and while it's not going to be one of my favorites, Tsumabuki as the bumbling, awkward brother is really endearing!

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 6th, '06, 16:48

His minor role in Kisarazu Cat's Eye was adorable! I loved the way he kept going "Are, are are are?" Even if he did seem like an egotisical jerk at first glance, he was still kakkoi~ :)

screenshots of JTV Fansubs's Kisarazu Cat's Eye: and OMG, he's hot with a mustache as well! Usually, I don't like mustaches and goatees...and I get turned off by men with beards. but our Satoshi-tan is an exception. :w00t:

screenshots of SARS Fansubs's IWGP:

arcticbleue

Post by arcticbleue » Jun 13th, '06, 14:53

Yeah i was kinda shocked by his role in Kisarazu Cats Eye. It was the 1st time i've seen him play such an egoistic playboy role. He's always plays the nice sweet guy ... :wub:
I've just started watching Orange Days and ... He rocks in it!! He's a really good actor. And i heard rumors that he's dating Shibasaki Kou. Hope he does get more roles. So far for this year he hasn't done any dramas yet. :-(
Anyone watched Fast & Furious 3? Is it any good?

deathviasatellite

Post by deathviasatellite » Jun 13th, '06, 15:04

i love satoshi tsumabuki, he seems to be able to make anything that he's in good, but i dont think even he can save the "fast and the furious 3" eurgh. i think he's only in it for about 1 second anyway, just the bit on the trailer where he says "go", but such a small appearance is ok with me cos i think i'd be more disappointed if he was a main characterin it to be honest.. :roll

rickt

Post by rickt » Jun 13th, '06, 17:23

waaa.. my current obsession!!! just watched Orange Days last week n got hooked on him immediately! is it just me or anyone else notices that his kissing scenes always look so hot? :sweat:

phreakish

Post by phreakish » Jun 15th, '06, 07:32

My friends and I are planning on sneaking into "Tokyo Drift," since 99% of it's not going to be worth paying for anyway. I'm going in there to spread the Satoshi Tsumabuki love :lol

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Jun 15th, '06, 07:39

phreakish wrote:My friends and I are planning on sneaking into "Tokyo Drift," since 99% of it's not going to be worth paying for anyway. I'm going in there to spread the Satoshi Tsumabuki love :lol
LOL OMG, I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I'm having second thoughts 'cause I saw a tv spot for the movie recently. As far as I know, the only line Satoshi has in the movie is yelling "Go" for the start of some race, but the tv spot I saw had some girl saying it. It looked like the same place, but then again it was a tv spot, so I'm probably just imagining things. On the other hand, it has traditionally been a sexy lady starting a race, right?! Whatever, I'll probably just wait 'till the movie is available on dvd, which IMHO shouldn't take too long 'cause I don't think the movie will be that great either. Thank goodnes Satoshi isn't a major character. I'd hate to see him in a horrible movie.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 16th, '06, 04:50

^"Go"??? that's it???!!! wells, it probably is a horrible movie. I mean, who uses our Satoshi-tan for one-liners? :glare:

jeeeeeeeeez. but yes! an amen to sharing the Satoshi-tan love around~ :lol

jasminec27

Post by jasminec27 » Jun 22nd, '06, 22:54

haha.. some pictures of satoshi in a pocky commercial

[img]http://p3.p.pixnet.net/albums/userpics/ ... 145142.jpg[/img]

[img]http://p3.p.pixnet.net/albums/userpics/ ... 144941.jpg[/img]

[img]http://p3.p.pixnet.net/albums/userpics/ ... 144538.jpg[/img]

(*picture credits to satoshi1213)

rickt

Post by rickt » Jun 23rd, '06, 05:42

^ LOL~~~ yeah I remembered laughing like crazy when I saw those ads.. thanks for sharing! :)

went to watch Tokyo Drift a couple of days ago. it wasn't as bad as I expected actually.. altho the first one was MUCH better than this! when Satoshi finally appeared.. I was fangirling like mad that my friend had to stay away from me until the scene finished... :lol it wasn't exactly one line. he said "Youkoso" first then did the right hand left hand thing, then said "GO". so he had 2 lines in his 10 secs appearance! :lol well.. at least that's better than Keiko Kitagawa who appeared a lot in the movie but I only remember hearing her said "HEY"..

btw have you guys heard of Basking Lite before? apparently Satoshi is/was the bassist and lead singer of that band. just wondering if any of you have listened to their song before 'cos I was thinking of getting it from cdjapan but not so sure about their type of song..

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jun 23rd, '06, 07:25

im a fan of tsumabuki satoshi too, and had watched quite a few of his movies n dramas,
but i didnt know he has a band... n lead vocalist? i always think he cant really sing, as depicted in orange days... hope some1 can provide some info on the band.

rickt

Post by rickt » Jun 23rd, '06, 08:05

from what I know so far.. he's the bassist and lead singer of the band. his elder brother (Shinya) is also in the band. they've only released a single and a mini album so far.. I think his brother thought of the name Basking Lite. not so sure on this 'cos my Japanese sucks.. here's the cd I was hoping to get..
[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000 ... ZZZZZ_.jpg[/img]

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jun 23rd, '06, 15:10

So... What does "Youkoso" mean? :D

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jun 23rd, '06, 15:15

i guess 'youkoso' means 'welcome'?

arcticbleue

Post by arcticbleue » Jun 23rd, '06, 16:01

Yeah "Youkoso" means welcome.
Whoa ... i didn't know he sings too. Is Basking Lite sorta like an indies band? coz i've not heard of them before.
Satoshi's new project!! The movie Dodoro is based on Osamu Tezuka's manga and it's also starring Shibasaki Kou. They're together again! Yeays!! I heard they were dating. Is that true?? Dodoro's very different from the other projects he has done but i'm looking forward to it. It'll be released only in 2007.
Offical Website .. but it's in Japanese.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 24th, '06, 05:40

arcticbleue wrote:Yeah "Youkoso" means welcome.
Whoa ... i didn't know he sings too. Is Basking Lite sorta like an indies band? coz i've not heard of them before.
Satoshi's new project!! The movie Dodoro is based on Osamu Tezuka's manga and it's also starring Shibasaki Kou. They're together again! Yeays!! I heard they were dating. Is that true?? Dodoro's very different from the other projects he has done but i'm looking forward to it. It'll be released only in 2007.
Offical Website .. but it's in Japanese.
:w00t: GOOD GOD! this made my day!! I just watched Fast & the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift and that mere 6 seconds of Satoshi-kun pissed the hell out of me!

6 f-en seconds!!! :glare: :cussing:

and yay, it's Shibasaki Kou, too! it's Orange Days all over again! heheh..j/k j/k~ :lol

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jun 24th, '06, 06:37

lilswtangel wrote: I just watched Fast & the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift and that mere 6 seconds of Satoshi-kun pissed the hell out of me!

6 f-en seconds!!! :glare: :cussing:

and yay, it's Shibasaki Kou, too! it's Orange Days all over again! heheh..j/k j/k~ :lol
ugh, i watched that movie too cuz i saw him in the preview... so upset... SOOO UPSET!

he's in sibasaki kou?! ooooooo :cheers:

i'm so glad there's a Satoshi thread. he's such an adorable actor. i've only seen him in orange days, lunch queen (and i guess iwgp, i almost didn't recognize him!!).

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jun 24th, '06, 14:30

Ewwww... long hair on Satoshi?

itzjustfranciz

Post by itzjustfranciz » Jun 25th, '06, 08:12

haha i just found out that he's in tokyo drift

usagibun

Post by usagibun » Jun 27th, '06, 22:58

I'm still thinking if I should see this that movie, just because of Satoshi, but if he is in it for only 10 seconds I might not. That sucks! I was so happy when I found out that he was in the movie.

YuNhOsPRiNcEsS

Post by YuNhOsPRiNcEsS » Jun 28th, '06, 07:22

lol my brother wants to watch that movie cuz of the cars and stuff! not because of satoshi tho :glare: but then if i watch it im only gonna see him for seconds... and im gonna be bored with all the boy stuff they are gonna talk about in that movie....so nah i'll just watch the trailer! :whistling:

gah i wish they gave him more lines :glare: :glare:

HEY CAN SOMEONE POST PICS OF HIM??? if u do have pics of him can u post it?!?! i just found him out 2 days ago and IM DYING CUZ I CANT FIND PICS!!! ahhhh!! i found his unofficial hk site but i cant save the pics in my computer... GAHHH HELP MEEE :cry: :cry: :cry:

rickt

Post by rickt » Jun 29th, '06, 08:03

^ check out Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift thread under General Discussion. kamui just posted a few pics of him.. *drool*

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 29th, '06, 19:16

^I know! those were some hottttt pictures!!! :wub:

rickt

Post by rickt » Jun 30th, '06, 06:38

is this his new movie?

maybe this one will come out this year since Dororo is scheduled to be next year.. what a busy boy, with at least a movie release per year! :P

oh while you're on youtube, check out his short movie "Bijyo-kan". no subs, but if you understand simple Japanese then shouldn't have a problem following it.. the thing is, I don't see this credited as one of his work anywhere. plus there's almost no info on this short movie at all. any info?

6miyuki6

Post by 6miyuki6 » Jul 21st, '06, 06:34

hey--- i'm a new fan of Tsumabuki Satoshi---!!

i just watched Orange Days with him and Shibasaki Kou
(for some reason i really like them as a couple...)
and then i couldn't have enough of him so i watched Slow Dance!!

he's just so freakin handsome, cute, hot... everything!!

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jul 23rd, '06, 19:50

You should watch Lunch Queen/Lunch no Joou. It's not quite finished being subbed yet, but it's getting there.

6miyuki6

Post by 6miyuki6 » Jul 24th, '06, 19:13

ok thanks! i'll be sure to look out for that one!!

oh--- and i rented "Haru no Yuki" yesterday---...
OMG!! he was so HOT in that movie--- seriously...
that movie was really good... sad though...
but his acting was so good it made me cry~

quikbunny

Post by quikbunny » Jul 24th, '06, 23:52

You know I honestly went to See Tokyo Drift just cuz I saw him in the preview.. and I loved the credits where they list him as "Incredibly Handsome Man" ... I laughed my ass off just cuz the credits were SOOOO trueeeee.

P.S. I joined the LJ Community :D

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jul 26th, '06, 09:00

OMG, are you serious! I'm definitely going now!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

quikbunny

Post by quikbunny » Jul 26th, '06, 19:40

Ahh I was actually a bit off.. he is listed as

Satoshi Tsumabuki .... Exceedingly Handsome Guy

Exceedingly, Incredibly.. they all mean HOT lol

YuNhOsPRiNcEsS

Post by YuNhOsPRiNcEsS » Jul 26th, '06, 22:25

he's soooo hawt in slow dance... and slow dance is a good drama series too!!!

i cant get enough out of my tsuki (lol i gave him a nickname... wahahahhaa :])

but seriously i need to watch haru no yuki!!!!!!! wahhhhhhh -_____-;;

hisa

Post by hisa » Jul 28th, '06, 04:45

:lol Heeyyy~~ I'm so glad I found this thread! He's my fav male actor since watching orange Days!!! When he smiles I melt away....^^;;;

hisa

Post by hisa » Jul 28th, '06, 04:50

:lol Heeyyy~~ I'm so glad I found this thread! He's my fav male actor since watching orange Days!!! When he smiles I melt away....^^;;;

I haven't seen Slow Dance though becuase of its mixed reviews but I'm luvin' Lunch Queen even though I really want Yuko and him to be a couple and it prolly isn't going to happen...*Sigh*
He's so cute in it though ^^

I really want to see him in another new drama though, but I haven't seen him in any of the cast lists for upcoming dramas...

I can't wait to see him together with Shibasaki Kou again in Dororo!! Are they really dating? They're so cute together...

jasminec27

Post by jasminec27 » Aug 6th, '06, 19:47

i was wondering if anyone has any links/website where i can download satoshi tsumabuki wallpaper?

thanks i'll appreciate it :D

wuzzie

Post by wuzzie » Aug 17th, '06, 11:01

Hey guys...newbie here...And I got drawn to this place because of Satoshi! heheh!

I have only watched one film starring him (waterboys) not including Tokyo drift since he just appeared there for seconds and I got hooked...He's totally cute! It's a shame that here in the Philippines, people are just obsessed with Korean and Chinese dramas and not Japanese...So I don't get to see his films or series! Awwww....

I will start watching Orange Days next week...Is it good???

imanasian05

Post by imanasian05 » Aug 27th, '06, 07:58

@ wuzzie: you`re very right.. here in the philippines.. we`re only addicted to korean, taiwanese dramas but not with japanese ones.. hehe.. nice i have a (again!) fellow filipino here!!.. wait.. are u a filipino?!.. =)

ash0621

Post by ash0621 » Sep 29th, '06, 16:48

imanasian05 wrote:@ wuzzie: you`re very right.. here in the philippines.. we`re only addicted to korean, taiwanese dramas but not with japanese ones.. hehe.. nice i have a (again!) fellow filipino here!!.. wait.. are u a filipino?!.. =)
Hi to you!! :roll I'm also a Philippine-jin. I've switched to Jdoramas from Kdramas because they are short, concise, and have happy endings (most of the time)!! :wub: I got sick and tired of watching Kdramas and Kmovies because they mostly end up tragically either with malignant cancers (leukemia seems to be a popular disease) or untoward accidents!! :scratch:

My first Jdorama was Anego with Shinohara Ryoko and Akanishi Jin to Kimi Wa Petto to Gokusen to Long Vacation, my list is endless until I I've watched SLOW DANCE with Fukatsu Eri and Satoshi Tsumabuki!! I love the story, it's kinda slow as the title hints but the theme is very universal so most of us will like it. I was introduced to Takuya Kimura because of Fukatsu Eri!! ooppss, I have the wrong thread, back to Satoshi Tsumabuki..

I love how he smiles/laughs in Slow Dance, he's so cute!! His acting is great, so natural. Plus, he does not look so Japanese, he looked like a Filipino. :wub: Thanks d-addicts for the torrents and subtitles. I haven't watched Orange Days because I'm into Takuya Kimura now... hehehe!!! :D

QTV chanel 11 is showing Jdoramas but their time slot for the jdorams really suck!! I've been watching Love Revolution before but the dorama suddenly disappeared. I don't know why!?? :scratch:

miaangelis

Post by miaangelis » Oct 6th, '06, 05:20

:wub: omg i am completely head over heels in luv with this man!!!

most esp after i saw him in tokyo drift, 'labeled' as the handsome guy-totally agree that should have been labeled as EXCEEDINGLY handsome bloke-lol.. :w00t:
Attachments
he looks like my first crush in grade school-lol...
he looks like my first crush in grade school-lol...
Tsumabuki Satoshi.jpg (18.1 KiB) Viewed 7841 times

meiji_

Post by meiji_ » Nov 11th, '06, 23:25

meee

Post by meee » Nov 12th, '06, 03:56

he's so hot.... when i first saw him from lunch queen. <333 then orange days that even made me happier because i'm deaf so i can relate to it easier.. too bad i don't even know japanese sign languages. since mine is american sign language (A.S.L).

most of all, i absolutely LOOOOVE his smile. best smiles always have been my weakness. lol.

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Nov 22nd, '06, 20:57

usagibun wrote:I'm still thinking if I should see this that movie, just because of Satoshi, but if he is in it for only 10 seconds I might not. That sucks! I was so happy when I found out that he was in the movie.
you might be disappointed then 'cause he has such a bit role. i borrowed the movie from my local library just to see him in it. i thought i'd give the movie a chance too and watch it all the way through, but i really didn't care for the main character. he was just an annoying dork. it was too painful to see the movie through, so i just looked for satoshi and was done with it. satoshi delivers his lines well (omg he was so sexy) even though they were just "youkoso" and "go!" he delivered his lines better than anyone else in the movie.

suebee

Post by suebee » Dec 7th, '06, 15:30

i thought it was totally worth it to watch FF: Tokyo Drift just to see satoshi :)
i think i replayed his scene about 5 times... haha! and the drifting/race scenes are pretty cool, if you're into that kind of thing.

i'm not sure if this was posted before, but here's an old article from this summer about him and kou shibasaki.
http://www.asianbite.com/default.asp?Display=249

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Dec 14th, '06, 00:13

Tsumabuki incites divine wrath

12/13/06, 10:14 AM - News

Tsumabuki Satoshi takes the lead in an offbeat period film based on Asada Jiro's novel "Tsukigami", adapted for the screen by the venerable team of director Furuhata Yasuo ("Railroad Man", "The Firefly") and cinematographer Kimura Daisaku.

Asada's other works adapted for film include "When the Last Sword is Drawn", "Failan" (which was made into a South Korean film starring Min-sik Choi and Cecilia Cheung), and the recent "Metro ni Notte" and "Tsubakiyama-Kacho no Nanokakan".

Tsumabuki plays a lowly but academically diligent warrior named Bessho Hikoshiro who finds himself unable to move up in the world due to the stifling caste system of the Bakumatsu era. After being expelled from the household into which he was adopted through marriage and separated from his wife and son, he moves in with his disapproving elder brother and his wife. He meets his old class rival Enomoto Takeaki, now a commander of a naval ship, and is later told by a kindly noodle shop owner that Enomoto's rise in social status came about after he prayed at a shrine in Mukojima. Stumbling home drunk one night, Hikoshiro falls down a riverbank and comes across a small run-down shrine which he is convinced is affiliated to the one in Mukojima. Pressing his hands together in prayer, he unwittingly invites the unwanted attentions of the gods of poverty, pestilence and death...

Nishida Toshiyuki plays god of poverty Iseya, Akai Hidekazu is god of pestilence Kuzuryu, and the 1200-year-old death god is embodied by 9-year-old Morisako Ei, better known as the live-action TV incarnation of venerable manga and anime character "Chibi Maruko-chan". Sato Ryuta also features. Sponichi has an early picture of Sato, Tsumabuki and Morisako in character here. Shot at Toei's studio in Uzumasa, Kyoto from late October through to late December, "Tsukigami" opens on June 23rd next year. (source: Sports Hochi)]