Who to cast if there's a Korean Hana Yori Dango?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
seraphiney

Who to cast if there's a Korean Hana Yori Dango?

Post by seraphiney » Nov 7th, '05, 12:49

Just wondering who you guys think should play the characters from Hana Yori Dango if there ever is a Korean version! :lol This is my choice:

Makino Tsukushi - Ha Ji Won
Domyoji Tsukasa - Jo In Sung
Hanazawa Rui - Hyun Bin
Nishikado Sojiro - Kwon Sang Woo
Mimasaka Akira - Bi

TragicKingdom

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 7th, '05, 13:28

ROFL!! I didn't think of a korean version of HYD. I don't know enough korean actors to say who'd fit the roles best... It would be interesting to see a korean version.

ryoko293

Post by ryoko293 » Nov 7th, '05, 13:47

I dunno mayn Korean actors, but I'm totally in for Hyun Bin as Hanazawa Rui and Bi as
either Sojiro or Akira! haha, Bi yes he'd definitely be THE PLAYBOY! :wub:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Nov 7th, '05, 13:56

A korean HYD that would be sooo cool.

But I dont think they should go for a superstar cast like that...even if I also first thought of Hyun Bin is Rui. They should and would go for a cast of rising young stars like they did for the upcoming manga adaptian Goong (Palace)

Makino Tsukushi - Lee Yun Hee

Hanazawa Rui - Dont know tha actors name but here the pic

Domyoji Tsukasa - Jae Hee (Not sure about him but I remembered his cool fights at the beginning of Delightful Girl Choon Hyang)

seraphiney

Post by seraphiney » Nov 7th, '05, 15:46

haha..yea..the superstar cast is quite far fetched. just that i only know the names of the popular stars that i can fit in. loved jae hee in delightful girl...not a bad candidate for tsukasa! :lol

ookamiki

Post by ookamiki » Nov 7th, '05, 16:03

i think that SSH would fit rather well as Domiyouji ( the eyes of the saddist )
and for Rui i think So ji sup could do a could good job.....

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 7th, '05, 21:06

Tsukasa - SSH - omg this was my first thought when I saw title of this thread :lol he would be perfect Tsukasa!!! :wub: btw, he already played similar role in He was cool and he did a great job there

Rui - KDW - why him? eeeeh I don't know..he was the first actor I thought about and he looks good in turtlenecks :lol

I agree with seraphiney about the other 2 guys but I think I would rather see KSW as Akira and Rain as Sojiro

I have no idea who should play Tsukushi tho...

any other ideas?

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Nov 7th, '05, 21:22

i think Goong is much better .. no korean HYD please ..
i think by now it's too much played out the storyline .. people will get sick of it .. so it's not doing the original (manga) any good ... lol

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 7th, '05, 21:29

Would be fun... a korean drama about Hana Yori Dango...
Will not missing anymore countrys.... XD

shinirza

Post by shinirza » Nov 7th, '05, 22:32

i can only think of micky yoochun (dbsk) as mimasaka akira
moon geun young as makino

the rest i'll edit later

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Nov 7th, '05, 23:07

hurm i can't think who would play the character. korean actors seem a little bit too old to play teenagers. yes i was thinking bi. he would be so cute playing the playboy. do you see his smile in the full house? delectable cute smile.. but who would play hanazawa rui? now that is the best part!!

aa

Post by aa » Nov 8th, '05, 04:59

[quote="milleu87"]hurm i can't think who would play the character. korean actors seem a little bit too old to play teenagers. yes i was thinking bi. he would be so cute playing the playboy. do you see his smile in the full house? delectable cute smile.. but who would play hanazawa rui? now that is the best part!![/quote]

^ I don't think it has anything to do with being old. It's just that not that many younger (capable) actors are known - well at least in d-addicts... (so i think it's gonna be hard to make a list without someone going "Who's that?" ^^ )

That said -- Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a Korean version of Hana Yori Dango. LOL

seraphiney

Post by seraphiney » Nov 8th, '05, 08:38

i just thought of a person to play Domyuji Tsubaki...Lee Ah Hyun. Sam Soon's sister from MNIKSS! :lol

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Nov 8th, '05, 08:40

seraphiney wrote:i just thought of a person to play Domyuji Tsubaki...Lee Ah Hyun. Sam Soon's sister from MNIKSS! :lol
ahahaha...she's actually perfect! She sorta had that role in Only You too. I'm not sure who'd I'd cast for the main roles tho. Tough choice

zgnoud

Post by zgnoud » Nov 8th, '05, 08:56

but knowning K-dramas wouldnt be surprised if there was a person with an incurable disease in it lol, but yeah. would be interesting

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Who to cast if there's a Korean Hana Yori Dango?

Post by x_XJules » Nov 8th, '05, 09:03

seraphiney wrote:Just wondering who you guys think should play the characters from Hana Yori Dango if there ever is a Korean version! :lol This is my choice:

Domyoji Tsukasa - Jo In Sung
Hanazawa Rui - Hyun Bin
Mimasaka Akira - Bi
haha, that is quite the cast!! i LOVE jo in sung. i'm not sure if i would have chosen him for tsukushi... but knowing his acting ability i'm sure he'd surprise me and perfectly play the role.

i wish i knew more korean actors though.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 8th, '05, 09:07

I thought that the Korean Version of Hana Yori Dango is Meteor Garden and it's already on the 2nd season. Am I right? or is it the Taiwanese version? Duh! :goggle:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 8th, '05, 09:10

Jeremiah wrote:I thought that the Korean Version of Hana Yori Dango is Meteor Garden and it's already on the 2nd season. Am I right? or is it the Taiwanese version? Duh! :goggle:
that's the taiwanese version.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 8th, '05, 09:16

Thanks for confirming x_XJules! :)

apples

Post by apples » Nov 8th, '05, 09:22

most of the suggestions are quite too old for a high school drama. but i agree with ha ji won being makino! I was quite surprised that 100 days with mr arrogant was made not too long after (or before?) damo. the high school uniform suited her quite well! she was so cute making faces.

as for domyouji.... jae hee? but he makes cute faces.. i can't imagine him giving out a cold look. jo in sung as domyouji? he's got the look. i've only seen him in WHIB and some of spring days, and he looked too weak (and a crybaby) to be domyouji. SSH is a bit old though.

So Ji Sup might be good for Rui though. i don't know any young korean actors. it would've been easier if the famous actors are much younger..

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Nov 8th, '05, 09:34

Ha ha, you guys are good. I agree with those who suggested Hyun Bin as Rui and Lee Ah Hyun (actress who played Kim Sam Soon's sis) as Domyouji Tsubaki.

ookamiki

Post by ookamiki » Nov 8th, '05, 13:02

I don't mind seeing a korean version with older guys.... We're rather used to it ( like when we saw Cho ji Wo as an high school girl .... ) and they're often alter the manga story because of this.

In fact i say this because i'm dreaming to see a SSh as Domiyouji, he would be perfect !!!!!
And i would like to recommand Cha tae Hyun as Tsukushi 's best friend ( i don't remember his name). It could be hilarious

seraphiney

Post by seraphiney » Nov 9th, '05, 12:21

cha tae hyun as kazuya? haha..sounds good too. any ideas for todo shizuka? how about park shi eun (mong-ryong's initial love interest) from delightful girl choon yang? a bit on the short side though...

rhap

Post by rhap » Nov 9th, '05, 12:34

i think i have to agree with most people and thier choices...

I have to admit, Ha Ji Won for Tsukushi would be a pretty good choice... how about Song Hye Gyo?
As much chemistry HJW + JIS have i don't know if JIS could pull of a Tsukasa - is he mean enough?
SSH for Tsukasa could work...Hyun Bin as Rui is a good choice...but then i could also see So Ji Sup as the quiet Rui...
How about Han Eun Jung for Shikuza

because of the ages, maybe it can be set in a company or something...

Then again, i don't know if a korean HYD would work...

ookamiki

Post by ookamiki » Nov 9th, '05, 12:56

Im thinking cho ji woo could be a good choice for the role of shizuka ( even if she obviously too old... ).

kko_lit

Post by kko_lit » Nov 9th, '05, 13:51

makino tsukushi - ha ji won may be a good actress for the role. but it think she's too pretty... i think i kind of like gong hyo-jin better (from sang-doo) or da-bin?

domyoji tsukasa - jo in-sung is good but kwon sang-woo might be a better domyoji. he's got a good scowling face... won bin would be also good. but it would be difficult to look for a rui that with a won bin tsukasa. song seung-hun maybe?... :blink

hanazawa rui - hyun bin is okay... so ji-sup? song seung-hun?...

mimasaka akira - i can see bi in this one.... or oh ji-ho?

nishikado sojiro - maybe hyun bin? kim sung-su?

domyoji tsubaki - i agree with sam-soon sister! (in MNKSS)

yuuki - eugene maybe?

todo shizuka - kim jung-hwa? or song hye-gyo?

the gaijin guy - daniel henney!!!

the nouveau riche kid - i agree with the my sassy girl guy idea... (huh?)

b*tch gurl(s) - the mean girl in attic cat...

the mom - i'll think about it... :roll

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 9th, '05, 14:48

how about KHS as Shizuka?
KTH would be perfect as one of those evil girls from school..
the mother...maybe aunt from 1%...
Tsubaki..omg it has to be KJH
eh forgot about Tsukushi...I think Han Ji Hye would be good Tsukushi

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Nov 10th, '05, 05:02

lol sowwy but whos SSH?? full name plz lol
I think Eun ha (im not sure how to spell her name lol) - the one whos in She's on duty and Kim SAm soon (be4 she gained more weights for the role) would be a perfect choice for Tsukushi... shes funny, strong, and not that pretty as a pampered princess ( u know wat i mean :D)
All these names recommended above sound similar to me but then again i dun really remember actors' names so lol gotta do a search now :D
i hope Won bin can play Rui or another member of F4.... hes a great actor to me and hes very charming with his actin skills... i like his quiet and sad look kekek ^^
ahh man if there was a korean HYD then it would be great... i believe khyd wont have as many disappointments as i have seen in MG and J-HYD ^^

seraphiney

Post by seraphiney » Nov 10th, '05, 09:06

kko-lit:
tsukushi makino:yea maybe ha ji won's too pretty. since tsukushi was meant to be a more of a cute character. how about eugene? think gong hyo-jin is too tall.

hanazawa-rui: so ji sup...yea he does have that sad looking face for the part though i'm not a fan of him.. :P

gaijin guy: daniel henney...i totally agree!!!

tsukushi's mum: how about jang-geum's stepmum? can't remember her name...

ookamaki:
choi ji woo as shizuka? hmm..think she looks more like the damsel in distress type than the independent and classy shizuka.

yamatsumi:
KHS as shizuka...do you mean Kim Hee Seon? nice one...might be a bit too old though.

KTH as one of the mean girls...haha..yea! reminds me of her performance in stairway to heaven. look like her eyes would pop out anytime she gives the glare.... :blink

sunmoon:
MG followed the manga closely. although it had stiff acting and dragged a bit it was nice to watch zaizai as rui. :wub: J-HYD feels like it maybe too short as many have mentioned but the cast and storyline is doin well so far. mao makes a far better tsukushi. looks the part too! :lol since k-drama are normally 16 eps it should be just nice.

apples:
i'm beginning to think tsukasa is the hardest to cast... :blink

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 10th, '05, 12:14

sunmoon: SSH = Song Seung Heon :wub:

seraphiney: yes, I meant Kim Hee Seon (sorry, I'll be using full names now)..I want to see Kang Dong Won as Rui and I think those 2 would be a cute couple

how about Jang Nara as Tsukushi? :lol

mms

Post by mms » Nov 10th, '05, 12:57

hhaa. the casting is very interesting. but how can u put song hye kyo n kim tae hee or han ji won n some these already highprofile actresses together in the same drama. it will become awkward n less best i think. after fullhouse, forget songhyegyo as a supporting role dude.

jang nara is so cute. can she play the tough girl? haha this is so interesting.

all these girls are a just little old, so how bout moon goon young the little bride as tsukushi? haha, she's cute n adorable too, so i wonder if she can play the role. at least she's young.

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by son_yejin » Nov 10th, '05, 13:12

Woah..the moment i saw this thread. IN i go!
lol.
I love the taiwanese and the japanese version thus far.
If there was a korean version, i'd probably start freaking out.
Dang, it'd be really cool.

here's my take on this:

Makino Tsukushi - Ha Ji Won(she'd fit the bill really well. She's got that feisty, i-wont-take-it-lying-down attitude going.)
Domyoji Tsukasa - Jo In Sung(he can definitely play the spoilt brat, hated his character in Bali.hahaha..), Song Seung Hun would also be a good choice. the piercing eyes. WOAH.
Hanazawa Rui - Jeong Ji Hun/Bi (would be a good choice, he fits into the quiet, brooding type. someone who he is in real life already.)
Nishikado Sojiro - Kim Jae Won(he's got that really goofy grin going, tsk tsk), Lee Ki Woo(this dang tall, cutie)
Mimasaka Akira - Hyun Bin(i definitely seem him as popular with the ladies, smooth talker..great body.the works.)

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Nov 11th, '05, 00:33

lol i think tsukushi n tsukasa r the two hardest to cast :D
o yea id luv to see Lee Ki woo in here too ^^

Aisling

Post by Aisling » Nov 11th, '05, 01:08

If there was a Hana Yori Dango korean version I would use
Jae Joong from DBSK as Hanazawa Rui no matter what!!! :wub:
I know he`s a singer not an actor but I found him so perfect for the character I hope someday I can see him acting!!!!
but never to stop singing
I know someone here would choose Bi as Soujiro and I agree coz in Taiwan version it was Vaness and I can`t help comparing those two they are alike in a lot of things I think
anyway don`t know much of korean actors since I only watch Full house :roll

owl10

Post by owl10 » Nov 12th, '05, 11:53

As for Tsukasa, I think it would nice for Rain to be in this role as he suits the height of Tsukasa. Won Bin would be nice to be in F4 also...

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by son_yejin » Nov 12th, '05, 12:44

owl10 wrote:As for Tsukasa, I think it would nice for Rain to be in this role as he suits the height of Tsukasa. Won Bin would be nice to be in F4 also...
Woah.. Rain as Tsukasa? Now thats a thought!

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Nov 12th, '05, 15:31

Im really bad with names so forgive me if I use the drama titles instead... :(
Makino Tsukushi - the lead in Delightful Girl ChunHyang
Domyoji Tsukasa -hyun bin (well, at least i know his name!)
Hanazawa Rui - the lead in "Only You" (his good looks will really fit this role)
Nishikado Sojiro - the "other guy" in My Name is Kim Sam Soon
Mimasaka Akira - the lead in "my sassy girl"

I probably made you think about their names, haven't i? :P

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Nov 12th, '05, 20:13

my superstar cast includes

Domyoji Tsukasa - So Ji Sup
Hanazawa Rui - Hyun Bin
Mimasaka Akira - Bi

The gaijin guy - Daniel Henney
Tsukasa's sister - the older sister in both Only You and My Name is Kim Sam Soon
The 3 bitchy girls - Kim Tae Hee, the other girl in Full House (Han Eun Jung?), and the other girl in Only You (i'm not sure bout her name)... they look classy, evil, desprate, and bitchy enough (in their previous roles) to pull such roles off
I dont know of any k-actress that suits shizuka tho...(i have a very limited knowledge of korean entertainment talents) but i thought the actress in the tw ver. did a great job that i find it hard to imagine another actress in the role

...highly unlikely due to their age but i'm not too familliar with the younger korean talents
but one can hope eh?!

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 15th, '05, 09:06

That would be so cool if there was Kdrama HYD! I would really want to watch that.

Hmm... who would I pick?

Tsukasa - it's a three way tie for me! Either Jo In Sung, Bi, or Won Bin. They've all played "rich boy" roles really good. Jo In Sung (WHIB), Bi (Full House - he was kinda rich since he was a star in that drama) and Won Bin (Autumn Story)
Tsukushi - Maybe Im Soo Jung (is that her name? The main actress in Sorry, I Love You), Jang Nara, or Han Chae Young?
Rui - So Ji Sup or maybe Kang Dong Won
Akira - Eric
Soujiro - Junjin (gotta have some Shinhwa guys in this drama too! :P )
Shizuka - Kim Jung Hwa or maybe Kim Tae Hee

I'm not sure about the rest of the cast though.... I'll have to think about it more.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 15th, '05, 14:05

looks like quite a few people agree with:
Domyoji Tsukasa - So Ji Sup.

I'm not sure who'd i pick for rui but i can't see bi fitting the role; he would seem more like a domyoji-personality and i think so ji sup might be better.

xiaowanzi

Post by xiaowanzi » Dec 13th, '05, 16:56

arhh~ interesting question...

my guess: (sry im vv bad at rem names...)
Makino tsukushi - the lead girl in my love patzzi/bright girl's success
Domyoji tsukasa - Jyae Huen? (e guy in Wolf Temptation)
Hanazawa Rui - E lead singer of Shinhwa (i think itz Hui Xin or smth)
Jiro & Akira - Kim Jae Won/ Tim

Sakurako - (e bad girl in Loving You) she has that big eyes which look like japanese... kawaii yet vicious look

athida

Post by athida » Dec 14th, '05, 00:36

I would love to see a Korean version too! :w00t: :cheers: Every version brings something to HYD. I love MG. I am loving the Jap version. I will never get tired of the story. As for the cast I can definitely see Won Bin as Doumyouji. :wub: He can play Rui too but I'll be so torn if he is Rui cuz I love Doumyouji. :cry:

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Dec 15th, '05, 05:27

here's a recent article in korean about the who'd be cast as who, anyone care to translate completely? It looks like for each of the 5 roles suggestions were given (some roles had even 3 names listed?)

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/s ... 5474891107

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Dec 15th, '05, 10:14

The girls

Go Ara

Or maybe Lee Yeon Hui

Park Min Ji

Or Kim Ohk Bin (on the right)

For the guys,

Choi Shi Won

Chang Min

Kim Ji Seok

And maybe Min Gyung Hoon

eaachh

Post by eaachh » Dec 16th, '05, 16:19

I'm thinkin' about "Moon Geun Young" or "Im Soo Jung" or the lead girl who acted in "High School Girl Gets Married" as Tsukushi.

I agree with all opinions voting "Hyun Bin" or "So Ji Sub" to be "Rui"

It's hard to think of "Domyuji" but I think "SSH" are too old. Let me research again this one and another again...haha. Ah ha, "Junjin" is good to be one of F4 team.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Dec 16th, '05, 17:07

:lol I agree with some others that a fresh youg cast should be used, but here's my all-star lineup anyway (along with commentary):

Makino Tsukushi - Han Ji Hye she's young, sassy, like in "Sweet 18"
Domyoji Tsukasa - Jo In Sung - he'd be perfect to play an arrogant brat, especially since he was so good as the jerk Jae Min in "Bali"
Hanazawa Rui - Kwon Sang Woo - so adorable, and he has that innocent look
Nishikado Sojiro - Yoon Kye Sang - fresh faced as the brother Min Jae in "My Sister-in-law is 19" he could fit here
Mimasaka Akira - Bi - yup, using his gigolo ways as in "Sang-Doo"
Domyoji Tsubaki - Ha Ji Won yeah, I can see her beating up on her brother

And as for the mother, no one would be as perfect playing an evil witch as Park Won Sook, just as she was in "Tropical Nights", "My Sweetheart, My Darling", "My Sister-in-Law is 19", and countless others...

Pinch

Post by Pinch » Dec 17th, '05, 02:52

creidesca wrote:here's a recent article in korean about the who'd be cast as who, anyone care to translate completely? It looks like for each of the 5 roles suggestions were given (some roles had even 3 names listed?)

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/s ... 5474891107
They are really going to produce a Korea version of HYD? :O

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Dec 17th, '05, 03:01

Iono....but hanazawa rui definitely needs to be played by so ji sup. He's got THE hanazawa profile ya know.. (profile as in side view of face)....you guys ever notice that all the guys who ever played rui..naohito fujiki, the taiwanese one, and the recent oguri shun all had similar profiles....or face shapes...garr I can't explain it. But So Ji Sup fits in that category too.

khristine

Post by khristine » Dec 23rd, '05, 17:48

interesting topic! watching WHIB reminds me of Meteor Garden even though they're from different genres. so pardon me if my list would include mostly the cast from WHIB.

as san cai - ha ji won
as dao ming zhi - jo in sung
as hua ze lei - so ji sub
as mei zhou - bi
and as xi men (the playboy) - kwon sang woo

Meteor Garden and WHIB are my all time favourite asian dramas.. and i just cant choose between the two! how nice it would be if i see the cast from WHIB do a korean version of HYD/MG.. or better yet, MG cast doing their version of WHIB.. hehe.. :mrgreen:

starryeyed

hmm bout hana yori dango version Korean huh??

Post by starryeyed » Dec 30th, '05, 12:06

Well Umm here is my choice

For makino Tsukushi=Song Hye Gyo,Jeung Da Bin,Lee Da Hae,And umm Han Ji Hye..Let u all choose!!Well for me i guess Jung Da BIn And Song Hye Gyo is GREAT!!!

Domyouji Tsukasa= Seong Soo Hoon..I cant remember the spelling..But he act in He Is Cool..Yea this guy really suitable!!

Hanazawa Rui=Havent think yet..but hyun bin is so i dunno ..haha..well umm..how bout bae yong joon??heee=P

Shizuka=Choi Ji wOO!

Give your opinion bout it

yakusoku92

Post by yakusoku92 » Dec 31st, '05, 00:34

for me....

Makino - Song Hye Gyo
Rui -
Domyouji - Cha Tae Hyeon
Akira - Rain
Yuki - Jeon ji hyun
Shizuka - Lee Eun Joo
Domyouji's sister (forgot her name) - Son Ye Jin

for the other ones it doesn't matter

ladyhendrix

Post by ladyhendrix » May 25th, '06, 12:23

I've been thinking of a korean hana yori dango (since there's already a japanese and a taiwanese one) long ago and i've made a list of possible cast...

you guys have to forgive some of my choices...some of them were cast for the image, not for the acting...

my pics:

Makino Tsukishi/ SanCai:
Go Ara (Sharp 1&2)
Moon Geun Young
Shin Se Kyung (Boeun's best friend in My Little Bride)
Jeon Hye Bin (i was thinking of san cai when i saw her in wet dreams2 but i'm having second thoughts)
Jeon Ji Ae (Lee Kang-hyun in Goong, ChaeGyung's friend with glasses)

Doumyoji Tsukasa/ Dao Ming Si:
Yun Ho (from DBSK... hehehe...)
Joo Ji Hoon (his character in goong reminded me of DMS)
Choi Shi Won (either he plays this or Rui... fits him fine.... :D imo he's a good actor...)
Seo Do Yeon (JaeHa in Spring Waltz.. totally DMS attitude!)

Hanazawa Rui/ Hua Ze Lei:
Kim Ki Beom (:D)
Shim Chang Min (hmmm.... rui with great comic timing!)
Choi Shi Won (:D)

Nishikado Soujiro/ Xi Men:
Lee Wan (? <--- i'm on the fence with this one)
Hyun Bin (playboy attitude)
Park Sang Woo (Boeun's boyfriend in My Little Bride)

Mimasaka Akira/Mei Zuo:
Rain (he reminds me too much of Vanness)
Lee Jun Ki (:D i told you.... you have to forgive my casting!)
Kim Hee Chul (^ points to comment above)

Toudou Shizuka/Teng Tang Jing: (extremely hard to cast!)
for the face, Chae Yeon. I don't know if she can act though...

Matsuoka Yuuki/ Xiao You:
Han Ji Min (Dae Jang Geum's Shin Bi)
Choi Ja Hye (DJG's Chang-ee)
Han Hyo Joo (Eun Young of Spring Waltz)

Sanjou Sakrako/ Li Zhen:
Lee Ip Sae (DJG's YeongRo)
Lee Se Eun (DJG's Yeol-ee)

Doumyoji Kaede/ Dao Ming Feng:
Geum Bo Ra
Yang Mi Kyung (i wanted to cast her....)

Doumyoji Tsubaki/ Dao Ming Zhuang:
Eugene (i'm afraid she might look too young, though....)
Kim Yeo Jin (DJG's Jang Duk)
Hong Ri Na
Lee Yeong Ae
Kim Sun Ah
Lee Ah Hyun (Sam Soon's big sister)

Kurimaki Ayano/Xiao Zi:
Choi Yeo Jin (look her up in wiki.d-addicts... i find her pretty.... :D)
Jung Ryo Won
Kim Jung Hwa (1% of anything)

That's it... I tried to cast Qing He and Makino's family but it's too much work to find actors who'd fit the roles.... :D anyway, I had fun!!! (lots of fun!!!)

lennonmanson

Post by lennonmanson » May 25th, '06, 12:58

sound insteresting to watch them...

pleasantly different

Post by pleasantly different » May 28th, '06, 23:06

dear god no
just dont make another one!!!
theres been too many
and now theyre making a german one
they should have left it at the anime

lotsa love
pleasantlydifferent
Last edited by pleasantly different on May 29th, '06, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » May 28th, '06, 23:28

OMG! YOU ALMOST SCARED ME! *laughs hysterically* See, i've watched all the anime to HYD, i've read ALL the manga, i've seen all of the Japanese Live action series, AND i've watched Meteor Garden 1 and 2. So i've pretty much seen everything or ALMOST everything. and i thought when i saw this thread, THERE'S A KOREAN VERSION TOO?!!! OOOOOOH MY GOODNESS! lol, phew...OK now to actually contribute somehting worthwhile!

Um i dont know who could play the characters. As Tsukushi maybe the girl from Goong? And as tsukasa? OOOH man..umm...I DONT KNOW! You know...maybe Bi? After seeing him in Full house i think he'd suit? Am i the only one who thinks that? And as Rui? I dont know....;) ^_^

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Mar 4th, '08, 04:53

I didnt even know there was a german version OR could be one of Hana Yori Dango. I'm curiouse to see how Korea will pull off Hana Yori Dango. Meteor Garden was not great, but the japanese one thus far has been the best one. I'm curiouse about the Korean on this and especialy who they will choose to be the actors. I honestly cant think of one Korean Actress to play Tuskushi. Maybe Ill change my mind as I go back to looking at some of the Korean Dramas. Tsukasa will also be tough to imagine the only actor I can think off would be the guy from Goong. I think the main reason being that most Korean dramas have the male leads as subdude and calm and the women being either wacky or to love sick to care how silly she may look. Tsukushi and Tsukasa have the oppiset natures from most Korean dramas becuase Tsukasa has such a passionate and volatile nature and Tsukushi is just as bad and has such straight view on things. So Ill be interested to see how they pull this off.

apostolai

Post by apostolai » Apr 18th, '08, 18:30

I think Gong yoo would be a good idea... :)

avery

Post by avery » May 15th, '08, 10:39

apostolai wrote:I think Gong yoo would be a good idea... :)
yes he would if he wouldn't be in the military :(

anyhow tough i realised Kim Jae Wook would be great as Sojiro and then i started to think who else would suit to play the other characters so i made a collage, tough none of these are gonna happen :D not that i care really im going to watch it anyhow.

xxemz19xx

Post by xxemz19xx » May 23rd, '08, 00:20

avery wrote: anyhow tough i realised Kim Jae Wook would be great as Sojiro and then i started to think who else would suit to play the other characters so i made a collage, tough none of these are gonna happen :D not that i care really im going to watch it anyhow.
I've started to dislike the actual story its been done to death. But I'd so watch it if they were the actual cast lol

Aoki Yuu

Post by Aoki Yuu » Jun 29th, '08, 22:24

Well... Apparently Kim Hyun Joong of SS501 auditioned for the part of Rui......
And there isn't any confirmation as to if he got the part but its the only news I heard about Hana Yori Dango VER.KOR since they announced they'll be making it....

I really don't know what to think of Kim Hyun Joong as Rui.... O.O

StarlightDreams

Post by StarlightDreams » Jul 8th, '08, 16:07

Hmm, interesting. I've watched a lot of dramas, but it's just so hard for me to remember the actors' names. I'll go wiki and try to name some
Makino Tsukushi - Eugene(I really liked her in 3 dads 1 mom) or Yoon Eun Hye
Domyoji Tsukasa - Lee Wan (I just saw him in Pretty InSoon, and his hair was kinda permy looking, but he looked good in it!)
Hanazawa Rui - Uhh, so many actors could do this. xD But I'd love whoever does it!
Nishikado Sojiro - Kim Jae Wook (I loved him in coffee prince)
Mimasaka Akira - I don't really mind who plays him

Yessy89

Post by Yessy89 » Oct 14th, '08, 23:55

They already announced tah cast guys! I can't wait to see this version! :D

I wonder whe they are going to realease it and who is going to sub this! :| :O