Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 30th, '06, 15:13

november wrote:Can anyone tell me of some dramas to download where everyone isn't a spineless vagina? I'm currently watchin' Stairway to Heaven, and it's not SOOOO bad, but wtf. All the characters act like they're autistic and can't fuckin' speak. I really don't feel like wasting my time with another show like this. Can anyone lend me some insight into other ones please?

Nic
-ciao
try byakuyakou. it's rather "un-spineless"

november

Post by november » Mar 30th, '06, 17:00

auroragb wrote:
november wrote:Can anyone tell me of some dramas to download where everyone isn't a spineless vagina? I'm currently watchin' Stairway to Heaven, and it's not SOOOO bad, but wtf. All the characters act like they're autistic and can't fuckin' speak. I really don't feel like wasting my time with another show like this. Can anyone lend me some insight into other ones please?

Nic
-ciao
try byakuyakou. it's rather "un-spineless"
Thanks, I'll give that a try as well. :-D

Nic
-ciao

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Apr 1st, '06, 14:27

draco wrote:Last Christmas - really good j-dorama, probably the best I've ever watched! try it you won't regret it :)

You are right . Thank god I listened to you.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 3rd, '06, 00:34

What the heck? :scratch:
Stairway to Heaven is a Kdrama, and there's a pretty big difference b/w how typical Kdrama and Jdrama plots/stories go....

Another macho-type Jdrama to try would be Umizaru...

And please watch the language there... we have a lot more minors on this board than you would think....

matsumi

Post by matsumi » Apr 5th, '06, 19:11

My Favourite Japanese Drama:

Old ones:
(1) GTO: this is drama is really good. i remember everyone in my school were going crazy over this drama when it was first aired here. i have just recently watched the anime, and it is really good as well, exploring much more than the drama.

(2) Long Vacation: my personal favourite jdrama. they have an amazing cast and the plot may look simple but it is enjoyable, to see that we should appreciate simple things in life:) the soundtrack is great.

(3)Kimi Wa Petto: another excellent acting by matsumoto jun. the theme of this drama is so absurd (human as a pet). but i like it so much, it is special in its own way. love the ending song by V6 called darling.

New Ones:

(1) Densha Otoko: i love this drama so much:) my friend recommended to me. it is so funny and much different from other drama i have seen. all sorts of emotions will come out while you watch this: you'll laugh and cry and you'll be cheering for Yamada and Hermes all the way. give it a try.

(2) Hana Yori Dango: i started watching Meteor Garden (the taiwanese version of HYD anime) years ago. and i was so excited when i heard that the japanese is going to do their live version of HYD. try this as well, you'll fall the tsukushi and tsukasa.

(3) Nobuta wo Produce: had not expected this drama to turn out to be this good. the characters are bizzare and the story is so original. one of the best drama last year:) i heard that this is based on a book, wish i could read it as well.

well, any drama from Matsumoto Jun (gokusen, kimi wa petto, HYD) and Takuya Kimura ( long vacation, good luck , Hero) are all great:)

Ceciel

Post by Ceciel » Apr 6th, '06, 17:54

Does someone know where I can find
One Litre of Tears?
I can't find the torrent files.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Apr 6th, '06, 17:55

Ceciel wrote:Does someone know where I can find
One Litre of Tears?
I can't find the torrent files.
This is not the place to ask this type of question. Look for the "Torrent" tab on top of the site and do a search for the drama.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 6th, '06, 20:03

^ you're right that this isn't the place to ask (the discussion thread for 1 litre would be better), but you wouldn't find it by searching the torrent page because it's not at d-addicts You can find it at jpopsuki.

ghofigjong

Post by ghofigjong » Apr 7th, '06, 11:21

i'm recommending these dramas

1.Last Christmas
2.Orange Days
3.Shotgun Marriage (i nominated it to be the series of the week next week, i hope this one wins.)
4.Gokusen
5.Nanisama!

All of these are romantic comedy type of dramas ^_^ i dont really like serious dramas

nikoru

Post by nikoru » Apr 7th, '06, 21:38

I like miseinen.

does anyone know any other dramas with Ishida Issei in which I CAN download?
(what I mean is I don't need a list of all the dramas he's ever been in but just a list of ones available on torrent! I have a bad feeling there aren't any coz he was phat in the 90's and not as popular anymore! -I'm old!)

I particularly remember liking 'Houkago', does anyone remember it from back in the day? I would LOVE to see it again!! I've never even seen it in the video stores in the drama sections when I'm back in the J*A*P

its about a high school boy and high school girl who don't know each other but in a freak accident gets hit together by a bolt of lightening and consequently swop souls involuntarily. Shes a rich chick, he's a normal guy and they are in each others bodies. Its hilarious especially when she needs a pee for the first time but never seen a man's willy before! haha

Hope eventually someone could upload it here, yall would love it!

tsp_uk

Post by tsp_uk » Apr 9th, '06, 14:51

Hi, I'm very, very new to Japanese dramas. Could someone tell me if there is a drama as good as My Name is Kim Sam Soon, My Girl, Full House etc?

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Apr 11th, '06, 15:31

tsp_uk wrote:Hi, I'm very, very new to Japanese dramas. Could someone tell me if there is a drama as good as My Name is Kim Sam Soon, My Girl, Full House etc?
hum...don't try to find the equivalent of these series in j-dramas. I am not saying that j-dramas are no good,the contrary, but I think they are really different. You will appreciate j-dramas for other reasons. i would recommend you to watch:
gokusen
nobuta wo produce
kimi wa petto
my little chef
I really loved the k-dramas you've mentionned and I loved the ones i advise you, so i hope you will too. :D

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Apr 14th, '06, 12:29

"1 Litre of Tears" I mean it. You are warned, it's very sad. It's way better than those korean accident, cancer love.

I don't watch a lot of Japanese Drama, because I think they're somehow so long, boring. But as far as I can know. This is the first drama makes me CRY !! OMG! I both love it and hate it.

You can find the full series here http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/.

lance8

Post by lance8 » Apr 14th, '06, 13:38

1 Litre of tears is a MUST! ^___^

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Apr 14th, '06, 13:44

sp4078 wrote:I don't watch a lot of Japanese Drama, because I think they're somehow so long, boring.
EH?! jDramas long?! I think that jDrama series are the shortest series on the planet. Other than Taiga dramas, evening jDramas are generally 10-13 eps long. cDramas start at 20 eps. kDramas are 16 eps min. aDramas are ~20/season. So jDramas are generally short and sweet and can be easily finished in a long afternoon :)

S_p_h

Post by S_p_h » Apr 14th, '06, 20:51

I have watched Densha Otoko and Nobuta wo Produce. Also three episodes of Kiken na Aneki but I stopped seeing that drama because I found it to be very bad U.u
So, Densha and Nobuta are dramas which somehow have entered in my heart...I'm now searching for a new japanese drama to see, but i would like it to be one of those special and charismatic dramas which touch peoples hearts :) also if there is some of the main characters of densha or nobuta in the drama i would feel glad, but its not indispensable :) so...any recommendation? >_<

k_chocolat

Post by k_chocolat » Apr 14th, '06, 22:43

these are my favourites at this moment:
gokusen (watching right now!)
1 littoru no namida
shiroi kage (nakai CAN really act!!!)
beautiful life
itoshi kimie
shiroi kyoto
algernon ni hanataba wo
densha otoko
ningen no shomei
hikari to tomoni

i DONT recommend these:
kamisama mou sukoshi dake (fukada kyoko sucks at acting)
trick
good luck

so-so dramas:
hatshu taiken (fujiki naohito! :wub: )
fuufu
last christmas
boku no ikiru michi
boku to kanojo to kanojo no ikiru michi
dr. koto shinryusho

dramas from the 90s!
asunaro hakusho (this is what started kimutaku's popularity!)
iguana no musume
dare nimo ienai
ienakiko
ienakiko 2
wakaba no koro
kindaichi shonen no jikenbo

im sure i forgot some, i'll add to the list later!

info07

Post by info07 » Apr 19th, '06, 02:46

I go for: :thumright:

Ima Ai ni Yukimasu (Narimiya Hiroki and Mimura) << when Aoi Mio(Mimura) died she promised her son she'll come back during rainy seaon the following year... story of choice and fate; drama, family

Pride (Kimutaku and and Takeuchi Yuko) << story of an ordinary office lady and a superstar hockey player; sports, romance

Kimi wa Petto (Koyuki and Matsumoto Jun) << very sophisticated lady and younger guy; comedy, romance

Last Christmas (Oda Yuji and Yada Akiko) << stoy of two officemates at the same time have same apartment; romance

Ganbatte Ikimashoi(Suzuki Anne)<< Highschool students who became the girls first boat rowing club in their school; school, sports

Orange Days (Tsumabuki Satoshi and Shibasaki Kou) << a social welfare psychology student and a violonist who lost her hearing; school, romance, comedy

Gokusen (Nakama Yukie) << expected to be the next-in-line leader of a crime syndicate but rather chose to be a teahcer instead; school, comedy

Hana Yori Dango (Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao) << poor girl who enter an elite school and meet a group of 4 young powerful rich boys; school, romance, comedy

Great Teacher Onizuka ( Sorimachi Takashi and Matsushima Nanako) << school teacher ; school, comedy

Umizaru (Ito Hideaki and Kato Ai) << about the grueling training a rescue divers must endure to be a part of Japan Coast Guard; action, romance

:salut: :salut: :salut:

lilkendodude

Highschool/school love dramas.

Post by lilkendodude » Apr 26th, '06, 03:36

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a j-drama that has to do with love and relationships in highschool/school setting. Or even a sad drama as well. I was looking for something similar to Hana Yori Dango, Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu, Orange Days, and 1 Rittoru no Namida (1 Liter of Tears). Thanks.

japysia

Re: Highschool/school love dramas.

Post by japysia » Apr 26th, '06, 11:55

lilkendodude wrote:I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a j-drama that has to do with love and relationships in highschool/school setting. Or even a sad drama as well. I was looking for something similar to Hana Yori Dango, Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu, Orange Days, and 1 Rittoru no Namida (1 Liter of Tears). Thanks.
i recommend these:
1-Koukou Kyoushi 2003
2-H2-Kimi to Itahibi
3-Nobuta wo Produce
4-Majou no Jouken

lilkendodude

Post by lilkendodude » May 1st, '06, 04:37

I definately recommend all of these dramas and I have listed just the ones I have seen and thought were great. In no particular order.

GTO- Funny and teaches life lessons. Great school drama.
1 Litre no Namida- Really sad and extremely great to watch.
Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu- Like 1 litre, its also very sad; about highschool love and how love conquers all
Hana Yori Dango- Another school setting drama about love between completely different people

lilkendodude

Post by lilkendodude » May 2nd, '06, 01:18

Can anyone recommend me some sad dramas. Preferably one in a school setting like 1 litre of tears or Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu. Thanks.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 2nd, '06, 05:06

lilkendodude wrote:Can anyone recommend me some sad dramas. Preferably one in a school setting like 1 litre of tears or Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu. Thanks.
Not necessarily school setting, but some other sad (i'm assuming you mean tragic?) dramas that tend to be pretty popular are (spoilered, just in case):
Beautiful Life
Kamisama mou sukoshi dake
Koibumi
Summer Snow
Hoshi no Kinka / Heaven's Coins series

arnel98

Post by arnel98 » May 2nd, '06, 05:12

mizune wrote:
lilkendodude wrote:Can anyone recommend me some sad dramas. Preferably one in a school setting like 1 litre of tears or Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu. Thanks.
Not necessarily school setting, but some other sad (i'm assuming you mean tragic?) dramas that tend to be pretty popular are (spoilered, just in case):
Beautiful Life
Kamisama mou sukoshi dake
Koibumi
Summer Snow
Hoshi no Kinka / Heaven's Coins series
You cuold also try:
From the Heart and Kamisama mo Sukoshi Dake...

SSSS

Post by SSSS » May 6th, '06, 14:10

Can anybody recommend some high school romance dramas thats currently being seeded?

Ones ive seen:

Forbidden Love
Sekai Chuushin
Strawberry on the Shortcake

Prof Plum
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Prof Plum » May 8th, '06, 14:10

Recommendations please.

My* (well mostly my Japanese wife's) favourites are
*Good Luck
*Yamato Nadeshiko
*Anego
Last Christmas (or anything with Oda Yuji in!)
*24hr Emergency ward S1,2,3
*Densha Otoko.
Wedding Planner
Magari Kado no Kanojyo
Koi ni Ochitara

More recently, *Unfair, Kobayakawa Nobuki no Koi,

Generally she likes mature romantic dorama; ones featuring OL's and professionals rather than teenagers/young 20s.
(Though she liked Meteor Garden (J subtitles) and Hana Yori Dango to a lesser extent - these were recommended by a friend!) She also likes Japanese subtitled korean dramas (but where am I going to get those!?) Off the list are the big tear-jerkers (Smart, successful and good-looking but blind athlete meets smart, successful and good-looking but recently widowed psychologist - they fall in and out of love a few times then everybody gets cancer and dies including the smart, successful and good-looking dog! The end.)

I think that the current Top Caster series might be ok. Perhaps team medical dragon (Iryu).
Any others from the last couple of years that might fit the bill?
(Even better if it has subs then I can enjoy it too!)

indokid

Post by indokid » May 11th, '06, 16:50

some jdramas ive watched

Thumbs up

1 Litre of Tears - absolutely the best drama ive ever seen, very inspiring story
Nobuta wa Produce - plot may be "draggy" and slow at some points, but the friendship theme between the 3 main characters made it all worthwhile to watch, many memorable scenes and cheesy quotes
H2 - my 2nd favourite j-drama... watch this even if you have no idea what is baseball.. the directing is superb, surprisingly deep story overall, great actings and soundtrack
Gokusen - funny and inspiring at same time, got me hooked until the end
Hona Yori Dango - just like any other teen dramas, but strangely addictive storyline
Joou no Kyoushitsu - wonderful heartfelt classroom drama with a cleverly written and touching storyline

Thumbs Down

Densha Otoko - comedy drama, supposedly funny & touching plot.. but failed to have any impact on me, was so bored by the middle of the series that i started skipping scenes
Sekai No Chuusin - the plot development is very slow imo, never got past the 2nd episode despite many tries
Gokusen 2 - inferior compared to the original, too repetitive and predictable
Last edited by indokid on May 16th, '06, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

pinkuonigiri

Post by pinkuonigiri » May 12th, '06, 03:17

arighty I’m relatively new to j doromas its been almost a year since I’ve been into them, right now I’m looking for new stuff to watch, so to get this out of the way…

favorites/ stuff I’m currently seeing
nobuta wo produce ( my all time favorite)
hana yori dango
densha otoko
kurosagi
stand up
yoiko no mikata

stuff I’m looking into seeing
kimi wa petto
anego
gal circle

stuff i saw the first ep of and got bored
antique
yamato nadeshiko

so can anyone recommend me anything new or anything about the titles I’m looking into
I’m mainly looking for dramas that

1. have a mixture of drama/comedy and maybe some suspense elements
2. no tearjerkers >< dramas with sad parts are fine but I don’t want to feel morbidly depressed after watching it
3. no sappy romances, I’m not really a fan of corny chick flicks, romance is fine just not the really sappy cliché stuff
4. just general good character interaction and development

sorry if this is too long, it makes me sound really picky <<;;

thanks in advance ^^

indokid

Post by indokid » May 12th, '06, 04:33

pinkuonigiri wrote: so can anyone recommend me anything new or anything about the titles I’m looking into
I’m mainly looking for dramas that

1. have a mixture of drama/comedy and maybe some suspense elements
2. no tearjerkers >< dramas with sad parts are fine but I don’t want to feel morbidly depressed after watching it
3. no sappy romances, I’m not really a fan of corny chick flicks, romance is fine just not the really sappy cliché stuff
4. just general good character interaction and development

thanks in advance ^^
H2~Kimi to itahibi seems to fit the description
try at least watching the first episode to see if you like it

ami_chiyuri

hi

Post by ami_chiyuri » May 14th, '06, 04:25

hi i`m new here..
i`m very intersted with japan drama, can you all suggest which japan drama is about comedy, romance and in school setting, it would be interesting.. :D :wub: ; like hana yori dango..
now i`m addicted with that drama :mrgreen:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 15th, '06, 04:53

Prof Plum wrote:Recommendations please.
Generally she likes mature romantic dorama; ones featuring OL's and professionals rather than teenagers/young 20s.

I think that the current Top Caster series might be ok. Perhaps team medical dragon (Iryu).
Any others from the last couple of years that might fit the bill?
(Even better if it has subs then I can enjoy it too!)
Hmm... kind of tough... mature romance?

Subbed:
Omiai Kekkon
Koibumi (a little tearjerky maybe, but in an unexpected way)
101st Marriage Proposal (I'll be shocked if she hasn't seen this one... it's pretty old and pretty well known)
Yasashii Jikan (not really romance per se, but more definitely more mature...)
Algernon ni hanataba wo
Last Christmas
Anego
Slow Dance

As for Korean drama in Japanese, try the coproduction "Tree of Heaven"... It's classified here as a Kdrama (even though it was filmed in and broadcast simultaneously in Japan)... A lot of the dialouge is in Japanese (esp the beginning before the characters "learn" to speak Korean), but there are english subs for everything...

Unsubbed or in progress:
Umizaru (kind of actiony, but...)
Sore wa totsuzen arashi no you ni
Kimi ga omoide ni naru mae ni
Koi no jikan
Love Revolution

SSSS

Post by SSSS » May 15th, '06, 22:05

Anybody up to tackle my recommendations?

From my previous post:

Can anybody recommend some high school romance dramas thats currently being seeded?

Ones ive seen:

Forbidden Love
Sekai Chuushin
Strawberry on the Shortcake

japysia

Post by japysia » May 15th, '06, 22:58

mature romance:-
Last Chritmas,Love Story,Ai no Uta,Ima Ai ni Yukimasu,Pride,Moto Kare,Taiyou no Kisetsu,Wedding Planner,Golden Bowl,Sutaa no Koi,Koi ga Shitai (x3),Beautiful Life,From the Heart,Nanisama!,Long Vacation, 2nd House,Love Generation,Slow Dance,Anego

school/university romance:-
Orange Days,Majo no Jouken,SOS,Koukou Kyoushi (1993 & 2003),Water Boys (1 & 2),Stand Up!,H2~Kimi to itahibi,1 Liter of Tears,Hana Yori Dango,Boku Dake no Madonna,Sekai Chuusin
Last edited by japysia on Jun 1st, '06, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

jump

Post by jump » May 21st, '06, 19:46

List of dramas which I liked

Love
ランチの女王 Lunch Queen.
Cast- ☆  Story- ☆  Theme- ☆
I watch this 4 years ago and then watch this 2 weeks ago and I thought !?!? I realize that
most of the cast is know BIG STAR. They can't be in those position I think. Takeuchi Yuko,
Tsumabuki Satoshi, Yamashita Tomohisa, Itoh Misaki, Yamada Takayuki, Eita, Eguchi Yosuke
I can't believe this!!! I think that fujitv can't collect all the cast and make Lunch Queen 2.
All the food in this drama makes me hungry aswell. Well made drama.!!!

あいのうた  Ai no Uta / Love Song
I didn't like the character of Kanno Miho at first part but the story gets better and better.
This was the best drama of the season.

セカンド・チャンス Second Chance
This is first drama I watched, it was great!!! Bright love and home drama. I believe that
someone should post this drama in this site. This drama was great. I like the character
of Tanaka Misako.

Comedy
東京庭付き一戸建て Tokyo Niwatsuki Ikko Date
People didn't watch this because it's Matsumoto Akiko and Kikukawa Rei BUT this is
most funniest and SAD/Heart warming drama. This aired during sametime as Lunch Queen
and My little Chef. I think people didn't watch this becuase it's NTV and the cast.
Story is best. I actually cried alot and laughed alot. It is oridinal aswell. I think someone
should post this drama in this site aswell. This gets better and better aswell.
This drama didn't make me bored

熱烈的中華飯店 Netsuretsuteki Chuka Hanten
This was funny aswell. It was funny aswell BUT this drama is cheap becuase it's
always in studio but this makes me laugh.

お水の花道
I love the character of Zaizen Naomi. I like
アットホームダッド
タイガー&ドラゴン
ムコ殿
アフリカの夜

Sad/ heart warming
光とともに
僕と彼女と彼女の生きる道
僕の生きる道
ラストプレゼント
1リットルの涙
みんな昔は子供だった
瑠璃の島
世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ
優しい時間
アルジャーノンに花束を
雨と夢のあとに

Police/detective/mystery/law/Suspence
アンフェア
カバチタレ
ケイゾク
時効警察
踊る大走査線
沙粧妙子~最後の事件
タブロイド
トリック

School
女王の教室 Joou No Kyousitsu
This has oridinality and unbeliveable school drama. I like the character of Kanda Kazumi and all the classmates. Special version is reasonable too.

野ブタ。をプロデュース Nobuta Wo Produce
This is different type of shool drama and has oridinality aswell. I know story has
changed because of Uchi Hiroki. Did you know "Nobuta" ment to be Uchi Hiroki (NEWS)but you
know that he had a trouble, so changed to YamaP. But Johonney's told NTV to change
"Nobuta" to a girl character, so first Horikita Maki ment to be a Shuji's girl friend but chnaged to "Nobuta"

Home drama
Hotman ( Not Hotman2)
ママチャリ刑事

Bad ones

おいしいプロポーズ Oishii Propose
 People who watched "Paris Lover" and "My name is Kim Samsoon" can't watch this!
Why? Well I can't describe, most of the ideas are copied!!!!! Koide Keisuke is alright but
he's not a type of person who is rich, Oguri Shun or Akanishi Jin could be better.

ラストクリスマス Last Christmas
 It's just boring!!!! One of the s*** love story. Ending was bad aswell. People thinks this is good becuase of Yada Akiko and Oda Yuji. Why does fujitv just choose Itamato yuji for script????? His famous for Top Caster and Saiyuuki. There should be loads of good script writer such as Yukawa Kazukiko (Joou No Kyousitsu, Otousan) , Morishita Yoshiko (Ruri No Shima, Sekai No Chushin De Ai wo Sakebu) , Mitani Kouki (Furuhata Ninzaburou, Yapari Neko ga Suki), Minahashi Fumie (Minna Mukashi Wa Kodomo Datta, Kami Wa Saikoro Wo Furanai). I think fujitv just use most of the money to cast not the script writer.
I don't like dull dramas so most of them are bright or happy dramas.

H2
Well, the story is alright, cast is alright BUT the story is too dull. It is a school drama so it
should be happy story like water boys etc. I like the part that Ishihara Satomi falls and
Yamada's parents just kissing but too dull and why did the friends mum died?? I know
Adachi Mitsuru's characters always dies nut it's too dull you know!?

今、会いに行きます Ima Ai ni ikimasu
Good heart warming drama but I think the movie ones are much better.

SLOW DANCE
After "Beginner" for 月9 it's all sh** and boring!!!!! Pride, Tokyo Wankei, Itoshi Kimie, Last
Christmas, Fukigen na Gene, Engine, Kiken na Aneki, Saiyuuki, Top Caster etc. It use to
be good like Lunch Queen, Perfect Love, Beach Boys etc . People just watched by cast
brand of 月9. Did you know, from October fujitv make 木10 as the brand not 月9. I
think the best time is fujitv 火10 or NTV 水10!!!!I know cast at 水10 is bad
and can't attract the viewship but story is very good.

ブラザー☆ビート Brother Beat
People who watched セカンド・チャンス didn't watch this. People who don't know 田中美佐子
watch this I think. This is continued story of セカンド・チャンス but ブラザー☆ビート
was so boring if you compare with セカンド・チャンス. If you only watch ブラザー☆ビート
watch セカンド・チャンス. You will think セカンド・チャンス is much better!!

Result: I watched all the dramas since year 2000, (well I watch some already) but I think most of the people just watch by cast. I want to advice YOUTry to not to choose drama by cast.
Last edited by jump on Jun 4th, '06, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

SSSS

Post by SSSS » May 26th, '06, 12:00

Can someone recommend me a drama where one of the characters is Hardcore. They dont have to be the main character or main focus of the series, but at least someone that is somewhat important in the series and not just some random character that shows up.

I prefer romance, but any genre would do.

I would like to watch the show, and after a few scenes with the character in it, I want to be able to say "Damn, that is one hardcore motherfucker."

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 26th, '06, 22:47

Hardcore? As in pron? As in Haado Gay?

@jump - I like your selections, we have pretty similar tastes in dorama, particularly your critique of H2. the only one I disagree with a bit was Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu. I thought that it was a interesting story. But maybe I'm just a sucker for heartwarming stories with a fantasy twist...

pleasantly different

Post by pleasantly different » May 26th, '06, 23:05

Hana Yori Dango was blatantly better as an anime
i watched the dorama and thought it wasnt as good and the charactors are more aesthetically pleasing in the anime
ugly people in the dorama kinda spoilt it for me

lotsa love
pleasantlydifferent

SSSS

Post by SSSS » May 27th, '06, 14:30

What I say Hardcore, I mean just that, Hardcore.

And no, I dont mean Hard Gay [img]http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9605/ugh6xp.gif[/img]

I mean some character who doesnt give a f*** about anyone or anything and basically acts like a badass who has nothing to lose. Doesn't take any **** for people, doesnt seek out friends, and doesnt act like a carebear in any way.

I just recently started watching Hakusen Nagashi a few days ago, and I guess a decent example of what I am talking about is the part time student guy. He isnt really all that Hardcore, but that a bit of what I'm talking about, even though I would ideally want to see a character a lot more Hardcore than that.

ikadoodledoo

Post by ikadoodledoo » May 28th, '06, 03:45

auroragb wrote:Hardcore? As in pron? As in Haado Gay?

@jump - I like your selections, we have pretty similar tastes in dorama, particularly your critique of H2. the only one I disagree with a bit was Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu. I thought that it was a interesting story. But maybe I'm just a sucker for heartwarming stories with a fantasy twist...
come ot think of it, was there ever a dorama that featured a lead gay character? or at least a not so minor character fo that matter?

SSSS

Post by SSSS » May 29th, '06, 03:54

Anyone?

I'm sick and tired of watching these series with characters turning cearbear on me.

roXxy

Post by roXxy » May 29th, '06, 12:10

hii..i just wanna ask..does anyone know where to download orange days..except torrent..any clubbox maybe..pls..sorry.i know this thread is for recommended jdrama.but ive asked from the drama's thread and no one seems to answer me..hoping someone coud help me here bcos ive been serching for it everywhere...thanks in advance..

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » May 30th, '06, 04:13

If you don't want to see a character turn carebear, then watch Koumyou ga tsuji. Nobunaga was one person who was never carebear.

SSSS

Post by SSSS » May 30th, '06, 14:32

Are you referring to Oda Nobunaga? Is this a historical drama?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 30th, '06, 15:31

In a way, the guy in the Trick series is always out for himself. But then he is also a imbecile ... so not sure if he qualifies. KimuTaku almost always plays the hard on the outside but soft on the inside character ... It's hard to think of any main character that stays hard all the way thru, the point of dramas is that characters change, so the mission of the drama is to break thru the hard exterior

Psionic

Post by Psionic » May 31st, '06, 11:38

hi, can someone please recommened a great romantic comedy like densha otoko please?? thx.

luvelyasian

Post by luvelyasian » May 31st, '06, 21:47

is there any dramas as good as Orange Days? i guess it felt like days of youth, romance, or slice of life but it was soooo good. the only other two japanese dramas i've really really liked is GTO and Hana Yori Dango was good.

i didn't like long Vacation though and Kimi Wa Petto was ok

hellomomo

Post by hellomomo » May 31st, '06, 21:55

i really want to watch Kisarazu Cat's Eye just cause you make it sound so good :thumright:

japysia

Post by japysia » Jun 1st, '06, 08:44

luvelyasian wrote:is there any dramas as good as Orange Days? i guess it felt like days of youth, romance, or slice of life but it was soooo good. the only other two japanese dramas i've really really liked is GTO and Hana Yori Dango was good.

i didn't like long Vacation though and Kimi Wa Petto was ok
i recommend these:
Boku dake no Madonna
Ichi Ritoru no Namida

SSSS

Post by SSSS » Jun 1st, '06, 15:28

Anybody have any other suggestions? I need someone who is hard on the outside AND hard on the inside. Just hardcore all around. No turning carebear mid-series bullshit.

This MUST exist somewhere out there. C'mon.

japysia

Post by japysia » Jun 1st, '06, 22:32

SSSS wrote:Anybody have any other suggestions? I need someone who is hard on the outside AND hard on the inside. Just hardcore all around. No turning carebear mid-series bullshit.

This MUST exist somewhere out there. C'mon.
i recommend these:
Ikebukuro West Gate Park
Seija no Koushin
Taiyou no Kisetsu
Koukou Kyoushi 1993 & 2003
Kisarazu Cat's Eye

Andrin

Recommended Jdoramas

Post by Andrin » Jun 6th, '06, 00:12

Whew..
I've been fascinated my japanese dramas..
Can someone help me what jdoramas i need to watch?
Onegai! Arigato!!

K.T.Tran

Re: Recommended Jdoramas

Post by K.T.Tran » Jun 6th, '06, 00:15

Andrin wrote:Whew..
I've been fascinated my japanese dramas..
Can someone help me what jdoramas i need to watch?
Onegai! Arigato!!
GTO, Orange Days, Kinpachi Sensei, Attention Please, Hana Yori Dango, Nobuta wa Produce, Kisarazu Cats Eye, Waterboys, Last Christmas, H2, and Densha Otoko just to name some :mrgreen:

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Jun 6th, '06, 00:17

Here are some...to name a few:
Yamato Nadeshiko
Orange Days
Last Christmas
Summer Snow
Beautiful Life
GTO
Kinpachi Sensei
Hana Yori Dango
Wedding Planner
Densha Otoko
Star no Koi
Ima Ai ni Yukimasu
Pride
Mukodono
Boku Dake no Madonna
Friends
Gokusen
Food Fight
Konna Koi no Hanashi
Virgin Road

~Adam~

Post by ~Adam~ » Jun 6th, '06, 06:02

I don't have much time to go looking through all the threads so many pages too lazy and not enough time, I am here to find a good drama with a good amount of comedy in it. I've been Working alot ect.

I watched tiger and dragon and didn't like it, I watched Maid in akihabara and liked it pretty much, it was too short though. So I am looking for a excellent live action series with a Good amount of comedy mixed in.

I have also seen:

Gto Live Action series, Gokusen Live action series Season 1&2 And "03" special, You're Under Arrest Live Action.Densha Otoko-Live action, Water Boys Season 1.

Thanks so much guys/girls.

BBgun_15

Post by BBgun_15 » Jun 8th, '06, 00:00

I say definately watch Gokusen and Hanayori Dango. For those who LOVE Oguri shun and Matsumoto Jun such as I, should really watch those two. Yopu can really see how much they've grown in acting and their beauty of course.

jieshi

Post by jieshi » Jun 8th, '06, 00:16

What was the name of the drama that came out last year about the older sister who moved to the city to live with her younger brother who is studying to become a doctor? (if it helps she starts working in a hostess bar)

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jun 8th, '06, 00:20

jieshi wrote:What was the name of the drama that came out last year about the older sister who moved to the city to live with her younger brother who is studying to become a doctor? (if it helps she starts working in a hostess bar)
Kiken na Aneki :thumright:

jieshi

Post by jieshi » Jun 8th, '06, 00:34

K.T.Tran wrote:
jieshi wrote:What was the name of the drama that came out last year about the older sister who moved to the city to live with her younger brother who is studying to become a doctor? (if it helps she starts working in a hostess bar)
Kiken na Aneki :thumright:
Thanks a lot!

gougz

Post by gougz » Jun 13th, '06, 22:50

i want to laugh! what drama can i see?
thanks

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Jun 14th, '06, 03:06

is there a place where i can download these dramas? thank you

Alabama182

Post by Alabama182 » Jun 15th, '06, 19:37

hey, is there a place where I can watch Goong for free? (I searched on youtube, but there were only the raw episodes, maybe there's someone I have to add as a friend to watch em?) torrent take so long on my computer..

edit: ahh sorry, I'm in the japanese thread, I forgot, sorry sorry, maybe some people still can help

ocinrep

Searching jdrama special

Post by ocinrep » Jun 19th, '06, 10:07

Hello i'm a fan of strawberry on the shortcake and orage days, i like the drama in the middle of the school with students the romance and the problems or students before entering the life, if someone have a japanese drama to advise me tell me please!!

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Jun 19th, '06, 10:44

Hello. There's a special thread for recommended dramas already, so you can try checking that thread out.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10409

Hope you find a drama you like :-)

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jun 19th, '06, 10:55

Merged ocinrep's topic with this one.

ocinrep

Post by ocinrep » Jun 19th, '06, 11:03

Thanks!!

Kawaii Megumi

Hot guys

Post by Kawaii Megumi » Jun 19th, '06, 18:59

Can anyone recommend series with hot guys? :whistling:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Hot guys

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 19th, '06, 19:02

Kawaii Megumi wrote:Can anyone recommend series with hot guys? :whistling:
you can find the lists of recommendations here:
jdramas
kdramas
cdramas

keep in mind that almost all dramas have at least one good-looking guy~ :-)

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jun 19th, '06, 19:04

Merging once again... :-)

Kawaii Megumi

Post by Kawaii Megumi » Jun 19th, '06, 19:06

Oef.. Gomen gomen ^_^" I'll remember for the next time.. ^_^

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Jun 20th, '06, 05:58

I've watched about 15 dramas now, and here's what I recommend so far:

For school dramas: Joou no kyoushitsu, Dragonzakura, Gokusen, Nobuta. wo Produce
For romance: Sekai no Chuushin de . ., Ima Ai ni Yukimasu
For something different: TRICK, Saiyuuki

problemrazor

Post by problemrazor » Jun 20th, '06, 06:09

Check out jdorama.com and DramaWiki for lists of dramas. Also AsianFanatics Forum and search Kdrama to get good sites/lists. I wanted to thank everyone for subbing also :)

snowflakez

Post by snowflakez » Jun 25th, '06, 05:44

I want some Japanese drama recommendations too ..

So far I've only watched a few J doramas.. (like less than 5) =(

My favourite so far is Nobuta wo produce... It was really heartwarming and I really enjoyed it.

I watched Gokusen and Gokusen 2 and Water Boys 2 too ..but I must say that Nobuta was the best so far..

So could anyone recommend any nice ones? XD..

p.s: I was wondering if Anego and Kurosagi are worth watching? I really liked YamaPi's acting in Nobuta.. =p .. and Jin kinda attracts me too .. in gokusen 2 (though not as much as Kame =p) ..

What about Densha.. *thinks* i forgot the title but it's densha o-something. I've seen this drama mentioned a few times. As well as Dragonzakura and 1 litre of tears.. (or something like dat >.<" ..gomen. my memory is bad...) .. So are these dramas nice??

wererat42

Need Recommendations

Post by wererat42 » Jun 25th, '06, 09:03

I'm looking for some good lighthearted romantic/comedy drama series. Nothing too depressing, please. I'll need subtitles. I enjoy the comedic aspect more than the drama (major dramas usually get me really down) but I don't know where else to ask.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jun 25th, '06, 09:13

Merged topics.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jun 25th, '06, 09:36

@snowflakez: 1 litre of Tears, Anego & Kurosagi are worth watching ^-^