So.. What was the first drama you watched??

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Halko

Post by Halko » Mar 21st, '06, 19:02

First drama.. Nobuta wo Produce. I was just getting into KAT-TUN, but then I see Kame in a new drama so I watched that. After that, I'm hooked on all sorts of other asian drama's. XD

sejabin

Post by sejabin » Mar 22nd, '06, 23:33

First :
Chinese Drama - Meteor Garden (seen both but seaon 1 is better)
Jdrama - Densha Otoko (LOVED THIS SOOOO MUCH)
Kdrama - Goong (This got me hooked on K-dramas)

Katashi Takishiro

Post by Katashi Takishiro » Mar 23rd, '06, 05:32

sejabin wrote: Jdrama - Densha Otoko (LOVED THIS SOOOO MUCH)
Ditto....actually just finished the special ep. 12 a few hrs ago. I loved this show so much as well.

SnugglesBby

Post by SnugglesBby » Mar 23rd, '06, 05:36

First Kdrama I saw: ALL ABOUT EVE. it's a real classic.

jad0re

Post by jad0re » Mar 24th, '06, 23:42

first Kdrama : Lovers in Paris :P

sammy li

Post by sammy li » Mar 25th, '06, 01:19

Full House^_^

fluid

Post by fluid » Apr 2nd, '06, 14:13

C-drama - Cannot remember I've seen like hundreds lol
K-drama - Full House
J-drama - Densha Otoko

Paxpacis

Post by Paxpacis » Apr 2nd, '06, 14:16

Mine was Piano, Goo su is so handsome ^^

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Apr 2nd, '06, 14:36

Winter Sonata :roll

allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by allredndizzy » Apr 2nd, '06, 14:42

Meteor Garden Season1

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Apr 3rd, '06, 01:40

First J-drama: random episode of Churasan (NHK asadora), random episode of Toshiie to Matsu. The first J-drama doinkies watched all the way through, though, was GTO (like so many other people...).
First K-drama: Full House
First C-drama: Meteor Garden

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Apr 3rd, '06, 01:48

Stairway to Heaven

thislove

Post by thislove » Apr 3rd, '06, 02:00

My first kdrama was STH. I fell for kdramas ever since then.

r3dMuGeN

Post by r3dMuGeN » Apr 3rd, '06, 02:12

My first was KDrama was fullhouse... FULL HOUSE ALL THE WAY!!!! AJA AJA FIGHTING!!!
First JDrama was too long ago to remember the name.........but sorta restarted watching JDrama After 1 Liter Of Tears
And since im azn....CDrama is merely everyday.....so dun remember any of the first few

Cindy

Post by Cindy » Apr 3rd, '06, 02:40

JDrama - Long Vacation
Still holds a ton of sentimental value for me. Have been an avid KimuTaku fan ever since.

CDrama - Meteor Garden
I recently rewatched a couple of episodes... it was definitely better the first time around but entertaining in its moment nonetheless.

KDrama - Bright Girl's Success Story
As my first KDrama, I thoroughly enjoyed this. Light hearted, a little outrageous at times, and the leads had great chemistry, it was a good starting drama in my opinion.

Mitsukai

Post by Mitsukai » Apr 4th, '06, 06:18

um. when I watch Full House. hahah. I knw *hit self on the head* i would have watch more drama sooner but I was hook on anime (n going strong!!! xP ) .. but now i lve krn drama~ *hug Joon-ki Oppa* hotnezz!

Yoshii

Post by Yoshii » Apr 4th, '06, 06:26

First K-Drama I watched was Autumn Tales then after the very first episode of it I watched Full House. I found both very intresting and ever since then Ive been hooked on korean drama. :P .

Also I wanna thank D-Addicts for contributing to my addiction :D ~ with out you I dont know what I would be doing right now ~ :lol

Much Love

-Yoshii

Yarii

Post by Yarii » Apr 12th, '06, 02:31

The first j-drama I ever watched was Kimi wa Petto.

I don't remember the first K-drama I ever watched, though I think it might have been Stairway to Heaven. The first one I watched all the way through was Sweet 18.

Lyssa77

Post by Lyssa77 » Apr 12th, '06, 18:07

My fisrt dorama was actually taiga dorama "Shinsengumi" ^^
that's why possibly i love period dramas soooo much!!! :P

lance8

Post by lance8 » Apr 14th, '06, 13:37

Mmm, was either GTO or Hero, but i never really got hooked onto drama back then, it was after i saw 1 litre of tears that got me hooked :)

Vindell

Post by Vindell » Apr 16th, '06, 00:47

The first drama I watched was a J-Drama. I forgot what drama it was but it was about a girl who is mute and falls in love with a guy who is working as a doctor.

seeker

Post by seeker » Apr 16th, '06, 11:39

My first asian drama ever was "My Love Patzzi' and i remember thinking that it couldn't get any better than this, it was perfect. I've seen a lot of better dramas since then but it'll always have a special place in my heart :wub:
Niki

IqnoreMe

Post by IqnoreMe » Apr 20th, '06, 00:19

mine was fullhouse. it was aweomse. lolz. =p

MyAuspiciousWish

Post by MyAuspiciousWish » Apr 20th, '06, 17:34

The first Kdrama I watched was Snowflower (Nunkkot)... I can't seem to find it anywhere... =D

Dsquall

Post by Dsquall » Apr 21st, '06, 08:59

First k-drama full house
First J-drama Nobuta wo Produce
First Tw-drama meteor garden
All good ^_____^

wackygurl89

Post by wackygurl89 » Apr 22nd, '06, 16:11

wat's the first drama I watched arh?? Can't really remember.. cos my family always watch HK dramas... But I can remember the first Korean drama that I watched.. it;s Love Story In Harvard.. since then I am addicted to K-Dramas.. Haha

RyAnoPPa

Post by RyAnoPPa » Apr 22nd, '06, 16:27

RuLer of your Own wOrld on AZN tv. nice drama. :thumleft:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Apr 26th, '06, 20:59

First cDrama - unknown, don't remember, must have watched something as a baby tho.
First cDrama I recall watching - YanYuMengMeng (1984)
First jDrama I recall watching - 101 propose (watched around 1993)
First kDrama I recall watching - Autumn Tale (watched around 2002)
First kDrama I enjoyed watching - Goong (2006)

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Apr 26th, '06, 21:23

I've been watching Cdramas all my life, but the first jdrama I watched was To Heart ~Koishite Shinitai~. My first kdrama was Wonderful Life.

I was addicted right after I finished Orange Days... That was my my 4th drama series.

luith

Post by luith » Apr 26th, '06, 21:26

Hmm... First Korean drama was Phoenix. First Japanese was Nobuta wo Produce. And then first Taiwanese was Love Letter

shizniz00

Post by shizniz00 » Apr 26th, '06, 21:34

hmm my first kdrama was endless love with songhyeyo, ssh and wonbin..that was the best modern drama i saw cuz usually i watch ancient chinese dramas but now im hooked on kdrama..cant live w/o it..lol

sheep11

Post by sheep11 » Apr 26th, '06, 21:49

the first k-drama was full house, it was so funny and cute, started it all :D
first and only j-drama was hana yori dango, it was good but the ending left me hanging, i'm not that into j-dramas
right now i'm watching devil beside you which is my first tw-drama. so far so good, rainy and mike he are great together :wub:

soomster

Post by soomster » Apr 27th, '06, 03:45

First one Kdrama I watched was probably either "On Asphalt" i think. It was about a korean motor company trying to get the world record for crossing siberia or something of that nature.

I think another one would be "Even when the wind blows" Ba Lam en Booludo" It was a family oriented drama about the changes occuring in a korean family.

The first Jdrama that I watched was GTO and Goukusen They were defninely not better than their respective anime series.

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Apr 27th, '06, 06:19

Good way to bring back fond memories! :thumright:
Started with watching ancient Chinese dramas... remember the first I paid attention to was Qi Xia Wu Yi (about Justice Bao Qing Tian and his team) and then transitioned to Justice Bao (Bao Qing Tian)... have since moved to modern dramas though. :|

Definitely remember my first k-drama! Autumn Tale (Endless Love, Lan Se Shen Si Lian, Autumn Story, etc) dubbed in Chinese :P

First j-drama only a few years ago... think it's called Tokyo Cinderella Story? Also watched this dubbed in Chinese... really don't like dubbed dramas though :glare: :lol

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Apr 27th, '06, 07:58

i dont remember at all...i watched tw drama..jdrama..and kdrama since i was kid...so i dont remember much about that...hermmmm.....my mom said my 1st drama i watched was jdrama name AYOKO or OYOKI...well im not sure but its sound like that :P...it is when i was 4-5 yrs old...i really like that drama then...my mom has good memories then....:P

acentian

Post by acentian » Apr 28th, '06, 09:01

i remember watching old chinese 'historical' dramas on Sundays when i was in early middle school. i actually had not interest in them until i began downloading anime in college and then looked for other stuff to get.

the first drama i really watched would be Long Vacation. the most recent one would be the first ep of Kurosagi (hope the second ep has subs soon). hehe.

Buck

Post by Buck » May 1st, '06, 16:42

My first drama that I ever watch was Happily Ever After.. too bad they don't have it here =/

byul82

So.. What was the first drama you watched??

Post by byul82 » May 1st, '06, 17:10

my parents wanted me to learn korean by watching K-drama, so they rented korean drama videos every weekend. at first i was like 'why do i have to, i want to watch american tv shows.' at the time, I was in middle school. the first drama i watched was 'Mo-Rae Shi-Gae' or THE SANDGLASS (1995). that drama got me totally hooked on korean drama. i picked up lots of k-phrases from watching different and all kinds of k-drama. i still watch korean dramas.

galygal

Post by galygal » May 10th, '06, 15:33

MINE WILL ALWAYS BE GOONG!!!!!!!

jpoplover08

Stairway to Heaven

Post by jpoplover08 » May 10th, '06, 15:53

Hmm my first drama? Probably Hana Yori Dango, live action. But my first real K drama was Stairway to Heaven. AND MAN THATS ALL IT TOOK TO GET ME HOOKED! AND HOOKED I AM! lol, i loved it soo much. I'm hoping to buy it here pretty soon, becuz thats definitely a classic. I've watched some after that but thats still my fave. Even tho the others were good too. The only drama that i have watched or started watching that i didnt like, was Winter Sonata or Winter love song. Was it me or was that drama alot like Stairway to heaven? Only Stairway to Heaven was waaaay better!! I didnt finish watching Winter Soanata either. I couldnt, i got bored...anyone want to reply to this? Message me!

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » May 12th, '06, 15:43

I can't exactly remember my first jdrama ... maybe it was Long vacation or GTO live action ^^ both of them are very good. About my first kdrama ? Hmm full house i think ... and meteor garden for my first tdrama :D

TKDFanner

Post by TKDFanner » May 13th, '06, 10:46

well, im a K-Drama NOOB!, so.... GOONG~!!! GOONG IS THE BEST!

yayasz-tsu

Post by yayasz-tsu » May 13th, '06, 11:03

mmm...if u mean KDRAma, the first drama which i watched is Autumn in my heart

ferumz

Post by ferumz » May 13th, '06, 11:04

Jdrama - Beach Boys , Kdrama - Winter Sonata

bugsie

Post by bugsie » May 13th, '06, 11:14

@yayasz-tsu

i think you should read the rules on avatars.

miyukiu3

Post by miyukiu3 » May 13th, '06, 14:54

well, my first jdrama was "Long Vacation"

gohan127

Post by gohan127 » May 16th, '06, 08:01

:unsure: um my firtdrama was 1 of the many boring series on venezuelan television, they talked way to fast for me to understand anything but my auntie always watched them(after that came the cartoons, YAY).
my first k-drama was ninetailed fox/forbidden love that serie left me depressed for at least 2weeks and I only listened to classic music o the ost :alcoholic: i think i got over it now, i just downloaded the next series to distract myself.

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » May 16th, '06, 08:04

GTO started this addiction

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » May 16th, '06, 08:35

The first jdrama I ever watched was the Itou Kashitarou (played by Tanihara Shosuke) episodes of Shinsengumi! (because Itou's a research interest and friends kept going on & on about how good Tanihara was, so I was given discs with those eps). Then there was a hodge-podge of older dramas with Toyohara (had seen only some of his movies) & Tanihara sent to me by friends before I finally started watching my first full drama as the episodes came out, Densha otoko. My online connection and hard drive haven't been the same since. :P

tjadl6386

Post by tjadl6386 » May 16th, '06, 10:38

1st KDrama I watched was Lovers In Paris but I only got hooked into KDramas after I watched The Last Dance Is With Me.

burnt_toast

Post by burnt_toast » May 19th, '06, 14:02

The first drama I watched was Hana Yori Dango. I realise this is backwards and I was obviously late to the party, but I ran out of cop shows and anime and went after the drama. After that. . .eheh. :whistling:

debbii
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by debbii » May 19th, '06, 14:15

Glass Slipper.. gosh.. I bawled my eyes out over that drama... after so many years.. I'm still not satisfied with the ending. Poo.

-debbii

kenderkin88

Post by kenderkin88 » May 19th, '06, 14:22

My first drama EVER was Gokusen.. Matsumoto Jun, oh yes. X3

The my first Cdrama was It Started With a Kiss.. Heeee~ :wub: I started watching MARS before it, but I could never finish that one. x.X AWFUL, OMFG. ::dies::

And then my first Kdrama was Goong, followed VERY closely by Full House. I actually finished Full House before Goong, because the subs for Goong weren't done. >.> My Girl also happened sometime in there.. I finished it RIGHT after Full House. As in, an hour later. XD

I am teh addict. :wub:

classic

Post by classic » May 19th, '06, 22:03

I think that my first ever drama that I watched was Gokusen, and that's when I fell in love with Matsumoto and the Johnny's, the first ever K-drama was Full House and then I started to search high and low for more k-drama's just like it but I have moved on but still I love the whole comedy/drama K-drama's ex. Samsoon. The first ever TWdrama that I ever saw was the Rose and then I saw DBYand ISWAK and I became addicted.

Ayumishei

Post by Ayumishei » May 20th, '06, 10:48

Meteor Garden!!!!

I love it soooo much :D

the_secret

Post by the_secret » May 20th, '06, 11:00

first

J-drama was gokusen but i havent finished it cause i left for the states when it was showing in the philippines. but im watching it again.. the first series i looved was kimi wa petto thats the first jdrama i finished and loved haha

kdrama i first was bright girl but i didnt liked it but after watching autumn tale i got hooked expecially after watching winter sonata i started buying dvds haha

cdrama the first was meteor garden i liked it cause it was the first asian drama i ever watched in my life.. after that the rest was history haha

milkretro

Post by milkretro » May 20th, '06, 11:29

Full house and then goong =)

filet

Post by filet » May 20th, '06, 17:03

winter sonata

aku-kitsune
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aku-kitsune » May 20th, '06, 23:31

Wow we have some newbies here. I mean newbies to dramas. I'm a newbie to the forum. There are a lot of uberly new stuff here... This place has boomed. I forgot to join until now. Really recent stuff are their first dramas. I've watched dramas all my life so I have no recollection. I liked A date with Spring quite a lot possibly the first one I really wanted to watch. But before that there was this old thing I forgot the name to and Family Squad. I think it might have been Family Squad. I still have the videos lying around. ^__^

hitorichan

Post by hitorichan » May 21st, '06, 17:26

hmmm.
My grandparents are obsessed with dramas on the Asian Channel.
So I started watching some episodes when I was in 4th grade.

My first, in particular, I forgot the name, was korean.
Second K-drama - Stairway to Heaven.
First C-Drama - Huang Zhu Ge Ge <3
First J-drama - Hana Yori Dango.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » May 21st, '06, 17:37

hmmm..the first ever asian drama i every saw was a jdrama..i saw it when i was bought 8..lol.. im not quite sure bout the title since it was a long time ago..but..i fink d title was "Hushein

and then...the first kdrama i saw winter sonata..but the drama that got me totally hooked to kdrama was pil seung boon and goong and then..green rose and my girl

my first cdrama was MVP valentine lol.. ~ and then..dolphin bay..hahah..and now..there are juz too many to rmmbr!!! lol

xCrow

Post by xCrow » May 25th, '06, 22:05

Hmm.. I watched a few dramas, but I can't exactly remember them all. SO to first drama I watched in awhile was Full House. First JDrama was Nobuta wo Produce. And CDrama.. Meteor Garden I think. :B

Matsuo

Post by Matsuo » May 28th, '06, 22:09

My first one was Hana Yori Dango. It's my favorite J-Drama. =]

hagin

Post by hagin » May 31st, '06, 05:45

Very first dram i've watch and got hook was MeteorGarden 1&2!Kdramaprincess hours!Jdrama i have'nt watch anythng of it yet but i will try hana yori dango well I mean some other drama that we watch and all of it is a hit came from japanese manga

Murasaki Ran

Post by Murasaki Ran » May 31st, '06, 17:44

The first drama that I saw would probably be a J-dorama titled Aoi Tori---
that was around when I was still in middle school ^ ^ ()
I remember after the final episode I sort of got teary eyed at the end---
the characters and the story were so memorable.
and I guess from that point on I began to watch more and more J-dorama's---

cgozun

Post by cgozun » May 31st, '06, 17:57

I don't remember between these two :scratch:
GTO
To Heart

jieshi

Post by jieshi » Jun 11th, '06, 01:25

The first ever Kdrama I watched was "fuyu no sonata" (winter sonata) sorry I don't know what the korean title is as I watched in Japan last ¥ear. I then watched numerous Jdrama's which I don't know the titles of, then I watched Nobuta wo produce!!

kirigi

Post by kirigi » Jun 11th, '06, 19:00

my first jdrama was Trick :mrgreen: :wub: and after that i was totaly in love with every jdrama i saw and every asian .. :mrgreen: :wub:

darkfire1313

Post by darkfire1313 » Jun 12th, '06, 23:46

first drama ever huh...I think it was Good Luck with my gf...at first I didn't wanna watch it...but look at me now...I'm hooked haha

gougz

Post by gougz » Jun 13th, '06, 22:36

my first drama was Dragon Zakura, a good one!

ms.hoon

Post by ms.hoon » Jun 13th, '06, 23:29

Full house got me started

ocinrep

Post by ocinrep » Jun 19th, '06, 10:09

my first drama i've watched was strawberry on the shortcake and until now its the best i'v ever seen and i search the same type...

Spectr0

Post by Spectr0 » Jun 22nd, '06, 00:16

It was "Sorry, I Love You" for me, and feel so lucky it was my first experience with dramas. My second was "Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu", which was good too, but a very different experience all together.

As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to re-watch "Sorry, I Love You" soon, I've got the DVDs now.

jamieshock

Post by jamieshock » Jun 22nd, '06, 07:22

I think it was Nobuta wo Produce. Seriously got me addicted to dramas lol. <33

jessiesoon
Malaysia

Post by jessiesoon » Jun 28th, '06, 14:33

the first K-DRAMA that i watched is propose with kim hee-sun in it...it's won-bin 1st drama, as well..and he looked so young in there...
and the 1st J-Dorama i watched is beach boys..yutaka takenouchi and takashi sorimachi is soooo good looking and ryoko hirosue is so cute in the drama...
i can't remember abt the hk series..
for taiwanese drama, i think it should be meteor garden, if not mistaken...