RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
klinsi

Post by klinsi » May 2nd, '06, 15:49

Winter Sonata
Full House
All About Eve
Hotelier
Autumn's Tale

gem05

Post by gem05 » May 2nd, '06, 16:19

My favorites are:

1. Green Rose (I cannot believe not that many people recommend Green Rose! To me, it's the perfect drama because the story line is intriguing and fast-paced, the lead actors are beautiful, the love between the leads is protrayed so well that sometimes it's hard to watch them be apart due to certain cirsumstances. Plus, the ending was just right, IMHO.)
2. Full House
3. Delightful Girl Choon Hyang
4. Save the Last Dance for Me
5. My Girl
6. Autumn Love Story
7. Goong

Nice to watch but not top-notch:

Love Story in Harvard
Wedding

Currently watching:

Which Star Are You From?

cutina124

New

Post by cutina124 » May 4th, '06, 07:16

I think I may have posted here before but here is my updated list:

I have seen:
1. Full House
2. Stairway to Heaven
3. Sang Doo Let's Go to School
4. Endless Love
5. Tree of Heaven
6. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon
7. Sassy Girl Chun-Hyang
8. Goong
9. Winter Sonata
10. Love Story in Harvard

Of these my favorites are:
1. My Name Is kim Sam Soon:
Not only is this show funny but the characters in the show are amazing, acted well, and the character development is outstanding. It's hard to hate anyone because the characters are so likeable! Also Kim Sam Sonn, love her personality, reminds me of me.
2. Goong
Shin and Yul say it all. Actually they don't the main girls acting was very very good. I loved her in here because she brought so much life to the character. Also Joo Ji Hoons acting was well above superb. Yul who is acted by Kim Jung Hoon was also done very well, love the hair.
3. Full House
I found this good, not repetative and also I LOVE Song Hye Gyo. She is AMAZING!
4. Tree of Heaven
This one made me bawl like a baby. I love the characters and you end up liking Maya, yuki, and the main girl. I never really liked the guy that likes the main girl, tha japanese one. He gets on my nerves. This show is really good though and there is SOOOO much chemistry between Park Shin Hye and Lee Wan that i think they should marry in real life or do more dramas together.
5. Stairway to Heaven
Good but not as good as tree of heaven. This one is a bit tooooo repetative but I love it none the less.

Notable good ones but not 100% amazing.

1. Sassy Girl Chun-Hyang
2. Love Story in Harvard
3. Sang Doo Let's go to school
4. Winter Sonata
5. Endless Love

They are all good, just not amazing. Out of them i would ay wastch the top three for comedy/romance and bottom two for draggy, but sweet and sad stories.

Note: 1,2 above both have happy endings the rest...NOPE. Well arguably Winter Sonata

kodoko

Post by kodoko » May 4th, '06, 15:32

Hi there.. how are ya ?? ahh the downloading speed is alright, sometimes its fast and then sometimes it takes forever and ever to download something.. AHH U watched Bump off lover till ep. 8 (woooow you're so lucky) i only watched 2 episodes and am dying to catch the next ep. with subs... Hm.. i have no clue if its a manga translated drama, it seems like it is but who knows :scratch: ?? ahh im so glad you like it, because i like it a lot too.. dont ya think the older brother i think his name is Zou Keqiang in the drama is soo HOT.. anyway.. ahhh Love letter is GOING REALLLLLY SLOW.. i only have the 1st ep. done (and 15 more to go) but i cant wait to see it..

the other dramas are still downlaoding. tell ya about them as soon as I have time to watch one... oki doki.. gotta go...
p.s .thxx i'll probablyl need luck.. since i was really lazy this semester..
At singapore, the downloading speed is pretty poor, takes around 1 week to download a single episode using BT. Argghhh, for clubbox, it really has mood swings, SELDOM fast, most of the time it would not even start. Too much whining on something that is free. I have started to download Jdrama From the heart, I will let you know if it is good. But that will be a month later cos I am still downloading engine, 63.2% done. Poor me has no drama to watch. :hissy:

Saw your post in top 30 favorite kdrama forum
#2. What happend in Bali.. aww what a great story!!!
Glad that you enjoyed the drama even though I didn't.Try watching Glass shoes, it is pretty good too. As for thousand years of love and Dating now, both dramas are not too bad too. I noticed you like So Ji Sup too. :wub:

Saw your post again in favorite male lead.
Hm.. there are a few..

1. BI (Rain) ....FULL HOUSE.. keksi...
2. So Ji Sup.. sorry i love you, what happend in bali... ahh cute very talented all his series are so good
3. Tsumabuki Satoshi... orange days... awwwdorable
4. Lee Wan.. let's go to the beach.. sooo cute
5. Jo In Sung.. What happened in Bali (fell in love with his character) soo cute..
6. Lee Dong Wook... My girl
7. Jo Hyun Jae.. love letter, The Nine tailed fox aka. forbidden love

ahh alll are soo cute..
Hey gal, I share the same taste as you in men too. 8) But hello, when I said I share good dramas with you. IT DOES NOT MEAN I SHARE MY MEN TOO. :crazy: LET'S FIGHT IT OUT. :argue:

Just joking. :D

pleasantly different

is there anything better than or as good as my girl?

Post by pleasantly different » May 4th, '06, 21:30

ok ppl...
im kinda new to this whole asian drama thing (being from the uk) so i was wondering if theres anything as good as or better than my girl, which is i think better than all the others ive watched.
i have watched:
full house
goong
5 episodes of bad family
hana yori dango
save the last dance for me (quite good)
first episode of my date with a vampire (beautiful, filming excellent but storyline boring so far...should i even bother to stick with it? right now i think not)

ummm cant think of any more ive watched
please recommend anything you think anything is as good as or better than my girl

lotsa love
pleasantlydifferent

edit: i had a look at the favourite dramas page, but there were so many i got confused
ps. i like happy endings and i like comedies. doesnt have to be like that though..

ovo

Post by ovo » May 4th, '06, 21:52

My Girl is definitely one of my all time top.

I also really enjoyed the followings...no particular order

Korean:
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
Damo
Summer Scent
Spring Waltz

Japanese:
Pride
Rondo

jazzy5000

Kim Sam Soon

Post by jazzy5000 » May 4th, '06, 21:54

Umm...My girl was my favourite korean drama too until I watched My Name is Kim Sam Soon. I really really enjoyed it, but it was a bit different to compare with My Girl, so I'm still confused on which one is my all time favourite. Lol. Hope it helped.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » May 4th, '06, 22:07

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

in my opinion, it's just a mix of Full House and My Name is Kim Sam Soon, which are highly recommended

luvhotohori

Re: is there anything better than or as good as my girl?

Post by luvhotohori » May 4th, '06, 22:32

pleasantly different wrote:ok ppl...
im kinda new to this whole asian drama thing (being from the uk) so i was wondering if theres anything as good as or better than my girl, which is i think better than all the others ive watched.
i have watched:
full house
goong
5 episodes of bad family
hana yori dango
save the last dance for me (quite good)
first episode of my date with a vampire (beautiful, filming excellent but storyline boring so far...should i even bother to stick with it? right now i think not)

ummm cant think of any more ive watched
please recommend anything you think anything is as good as or better than my girl

lotsa love
pleasantlydifferent

edit: i had a look at the favourite dramas page, but there were so many i got confused
ps. i like happy endings and i like comedies. doesnt have to be like that though..
Try Delightful Girl. It is similar to My Girl. And in the ending of My Girl, remember the couple that was fighting in the living room? Well, they are the stars of Delightful Girl. It's great! And funny, with a happy ending!

the_secret

Post by the_secret » May 4th, '06, 22:40

nothing is better than my girl haha i loved it too.... anyway you should try kim sam soon it good and try a chinese drama frog prince/ the prince who turn into a frog...

its one of the best drama's ever

pleasantly different

Post by pleasantly different » May 4th, '06, 23:11

thank you all very much
i think i will watch delightful girl and kim sam soon and all the rest that have been recommended and please recommend more to me when i have finished those...ill put a reply on this thread then so that it will show as recent when ive finished them, so that i can find out about more from you if thats okay
please dont add many more titles just yet because there will be too many for now
thanx ever so much for being so helpful
the_secret wrote:nothing is better than my girl haha i loved it too.... anyway you should try kim sam soon it good and try a chinese drama frog prince/ the prince who turn into a frog...

its one of the best drama's ever
umm ive seen someone on the forums with the poster for the frog prince?
is it at all similar to the grimm brothers story? if it isnt ill check it out too.

lots of love
pleasantlydifferent

alcozar

Post by alcozar » May 4th, '06, 23:17

Try Attic Cat and My Sister in Law is 19. Both series star same actress, and imo are better than My Girl.

Also try It Started with a Kiss and Devil Beside You (cdramas) as again, both better than My Girl.

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » May 4th, '06, 23:24

region of dramas that you'll specifically looking for????? BASICALLY I'm asking if K dramas are all that you watch?????

I've seen only a few....k dramas...let me talk to a friend of mine that's from korea and ask her what she likes in terms of dramas....will try to get back to you...

recommend next: Kim Sam Soon

ccha7

Post by ccha7 » May 5th, '06, 05:13

From what i've ever watched korean dramas till now... this is some of my comments::

prince first love (dun like lead actor...he is damn immature)-->u can miss it
MISA(why everyone always said this is the best drama ever?i dun like it at all...-->keep away
sad sonata(a sad movie...but dun like KHS when he can't make up her feeling)-->try to watch
phoenix(lead actress has a good character,RIP for LEJ...just can't stand with another girl)-->not really bad
full house(the scent it too repetitive...so is kinda boring for me)-->just so so romantic comedy
love story in harvard(have a good start in harvard...too draggy after that)-->watch it...
loving you(not a good drama, just watch cuz the lead actress)-->give it a try if only u have time
the last dance with me(i like both lead actress n actor.they made a good love story)-->must wacth
super rookie(it's a non sense story about loser who get jobs in big company)-->watch it

if you like romantic comedy kinda like full house then u must wacth:

wonderful life(one night stand story)-->eugene damn cute there...every man sure fall for her.lol.
delightful girl choon hyang(a cheerful and mature girl who married immature boy in high school)
goong(have a good start though some scene its boring)-->like the lead actress character yoon eun hye

drama keep it in advance haven't watch it:
my name is kim sam soon(dun think it is good,i dun like the lead actress)
a love to kill
wedding(jang nara getting old now...not so adorable like in my love patzzi)
nine tailed fox
goodbye solo
which star are you come from

currently DLing:
only you
sweet 18(thought that han ji hye is so adorable)
alone in love
spring waltz
really really like(should be interesting story with beautiful eugene)
bad family

currently watch:my girl(LDH is a ajumma type,her character doesn't fit her).

those are my lists...feedback on the dramas are appreciated...

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » May 5th, '06, 13:02

Full House was my first too, although I've watched a lot since. It depends on what kind of show you want to watch.

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » May 5th, '06, 18:58

Okay. I'm currently watching All In. I don't see what's so great about it. i don't really care for the cheesy action scenes with the added in sound effects. The music score isnt that great and lacked the same sophistication that more k-drmas have. And the leading actor doesn't look too great either.

xlucy123

Post by xlucy123 » May 5th, '06, 22:02

my all time favorite is delightful girl choon hyang, my girl,
i think full house is good in the beginning, but after wacthing it for 2 long it get boring,
it started with a kiss is also good 2.

Steph*

Post by Steph* » May 6th, '06, 04:37

doesn't this thread say recommended kdramas?
why are people recommending twdramas? lol
ok i'm gonna try to remember all the dramas i watched.

MY GIRL - i love love love this drama. it's awesome. the first couple of eps are kinda boring but the last 6 episodes COMPLETELY make up for it. and it's NEVER draggy. I loved the two main leads in this drama.
GOONG - it's an ok drama. it's really not all that good. the storyline is dragged out, the acting is not on par but there's lots of eyecandy. pretty much the only reason I watched it for. YUL<3
WHICH STAR ARE YOU FROM? [currently watching] - I really like this drama. for some reason I usually don't like KRW dramas but I adore thsi one. JRW looks super pretty here as both leads and it's quite funny lol.
SWEET 18 - it's cute, but HJH has looked better...her hair bothered me. but they were a pretty cute couple. i say its watchable.
DELIGHTFUL GIRL CHOON-HYANG - okay drama. the writers were first timers and i think they did a pretty good job. uhm tae woong's character is REALLY annoying though.
LOVE STORY IN HARVARD - this drama sucked. period. don't even know why i finished it.
LET'S GO TO SCHOOL SANG-DO! - ahh this drama is so sad. although they used a typical storyline, the ending made me bawl..and kinda confused me. the lead will annoy you for awhile, but bi totally makes up for it. he wears a school uniform = totally cute!
FULL HOUSE - haha i'm gonna review all of bi's dramas. i think everybody loves this drama haha. what's not to like about it? it was the first kdrama i watched and it HOOKED me. SHG is gorgeouss and Bi was positively droolworthy.
A LOVE TO KILL - okay, it sucked. i couldn't even get past the first ep. i hope he does something better next.
MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON - cuteeeeee drama. hyun bin is HOT. its a bit overrated though. i mean its funny and all but...i expected a lot more since it was THE drama of 2005.
ALL IN - i still haven't finished it. can't get past the 1st ep. i bought it and its just sitting in my living room.

i don't really remember anymore...i think after LSIH i took a break from kdramas cause MAN that drama was unappealing. the rest of the dramas i watched are from hk or tw.
i just got back into kdrama with MY GIRL oh em gee. i think that's my favourite drama of all time.

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » May 6th, '06, 05:36

ccha7 wrote: my name is kim sam soon(dun think it is good,i dun like the lead actress)
a love to kill
nine tailed fox
Okay, You're making a biggest mistake in your life if you wounldn't watch "my name is kim sam soon" just because you dun like the lead actress.

A love to kill ?? PEOPLE ! Stay away. Don't ever watch it because Bi's in there

Nine tailed fox. -> It's alright.

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » May 7th, '06, 08:14

Okay. I'm on episode 15 of winter sonata and i'm about to rip my hair off. Every damn episode is a rip off of the other except they add more twists and make things even more complicated and annoying. GAHH!!!11 just end the damn thing already.

pleasantly different

Post by pleasantly different » May 9th, '06, 19:15

k ppl watched the first eps of frog price thingie
i think that guy really needs to get his eyebrows plukd or something
anyone else agree?

newaiz sum1 asked what kind of drama
i really dont know much about them, so really anyfink will do
ill watch kim sam soon and princefrog but as it is im gettin a bit sik of amnesia love squares loan sharks poor girl rich guy and hotels stereotypes etc
so please recommend some non stereotypical any language stuff

lotsa love
pleasantlydifferent

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » May 10th, '06, 00:53

sp4078 wrote:
ccha7 wrote: my name is kim sam soon(dun think it is good,i dun like the lead actress)
a love to kill
nine tailed fox
Okay, You're making a biggest mistake in your life if you wounldn't watch "my name is kim sam soon" just because you dun like the lead actress.

A love to kill ?? PEOPLE ! Stay away. Don't ever watch it because Bi's in there

Nine tailed fox. -> It's alright.
Your exaggerating KSS. I mean the show is good and all.. but it's not all that great. I thought about the same thing about the show.. I thought the lead was ugly.. and I didn't want to watch it.. but she grew on me overtime.. but still.. it's not ALL THAT. In my opinion.. watch it when you the have time, I don't think you have to make time to watch it. Just my opinion! But anyways I recommend KSS too :)

proud2beSlow

Post by proud2beSlow » May 10th, '06, 01:16

winter sonata was so freakin' boring!

proud2beSlow

Post by proud2beSlow » May 10th, '06, 01:17

winter sonata was so freakin' boring!

wickedseahorse

Post by wickedseahorse » May 10th, '06, 01:33

woot! great list guys! i now have a guide! woot!

about green rose's plot, i agree... it seems a bit dull.. i'm only a few eps into it, but even then i dont know which i' m up...

also, wedding... she's crying too much for my tastes....

but woot! kdramas!

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » May 10th, '06, 02:10

proud2beSlow wrote:winter sonata was so freakin' boring!
I know. It's like they're just dragging it on the last four episodes. It could have just ended at episode 15/16

jpoplover08

K dramas you would like to recommend i'd watch?

Post by jpoplover08 » May 10th, '06, 02:54

OK so i just started watching J and K dramas and like most of you here, IM COMPLETELY HOOOKED! i've seen Hana Yori Dango (live action), Stairway to heaven, My Love Patzzi, My Girl, Goong, Kimi Wa Petto, and one more i cant think of. Can anyone recommend more K or J dramas that are like Goong or My Girl, with love triangles and stuff? I LOVE THE DRAMA! Even though sometimes i get fustrated over it! IF SOMEONE COULD RECOMMEND SOME, THAT'D BE SOOOO COOL!! :D

rubi

Post by rubi » May 10th, '06, 02:59

Well, if you look closely up top, there's a sticky called Recommended/Favorite Korean Dramas. Click that and you'll see a list of recommended Korean dramas that would prove to be very useful. I've picked out some dramas from there, and they're pretty good. There's also a link to recommended Jdrama and Cdrama, so you should definitely check it out.

groink

Post by groink » May 10th, '06, 02:59

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526.htm

No personal drama request topics, please. Keep all requests by all members together.

--- groink

lennonmanson

Post by lennonmanson » May 10th, '06, 03:26

really like Bad Family

pbgurl

Post by pbgurl » May 10th, '06, 03:30

Can anyone recommend more K or J dramas that are like Goong or My Girl, with love triangles and stuff?
Oh my goodness... they all have love triangles! or love squares, no they don't make a square but more like a table top? hehe One that I'm watching now is Spring Waltz. Not all the subtitles have come out for it, so you should wait to watch it, but download it!

guccijana

Post by guccijana » May 11th, '06, 14:53

hejaaaa there.. ahh it seems forever now that i have not watched k-j-c dramas (but its really been one week).. anyway finals are over, and now i can breah easily, and watch dramas he-he...Japp i watched bali its pretty intersting, and you were right, you could sume it up in a sentence, but i just found it addicting (especially the main lead, ahhhh sooo adorable :cry: who wouldnt want a guy like that???
Glass shoes, thousand years of love, Dating now > didnt watch any of them..
Hey gal, I share the same taste as you in men too. 8) But hello, when I said I share good dramas with you. IT DOES NOT MEAN I SHARE MY MEN TOO. :crazy: LET'S FIGHT IT OUT. :argue:
AHHH dont get me even started with SO JI SUP he-he, great acting and great looks combined and not to mention charming he he.. :P
At singapore, the downloading speed is pretty poor, takes around 1 week to download a single episode using BT. Argghhh, for clubbox, it really has mood swings, SELDOM fast, most of the time it would not even start. Too much whining on something that is free. I have started to download Jdrama From the heart, I will let you know if it is good. But that will be a month later cos I am still downloading engine, 63.2% done. Poor me has no drama to watch. :hissy:
good luck with engine cant wait to see how you like it!!! ahh love letter is really irritating me because it wount move.. geeeez..
oki doki now its watching time.. ill let you know about my sister in law is 19, orange days, Kurosagi, alone in love... so till than adijiosss.

yayasz-tsu

Post by yayasz-tsu » May 13th, '06, 11:15

AUTUMN IN MY HEART AKA ENDLESS LOVE, MY GIRL, PALACE AKA GOONG, ETC...

pleasantly different

Post by pleasantly different » May 13th, '06, 14:35

ok...i shant be watching winter sonata then...

lotsa love
pleasantlydifferent

kodoko

Post by kodoko » May 14th, '06, 12:19

hejaaaa there.. ahh it seems forever now that i have not watched k-j-c dramas (but its really been one week).. anyway finals are over, and now i can breah easily, and watch dramas he-he...Japp i watched bali its pretty intersting, and you were right, you could sume it up in a sentence, but i just found it addicting (especially the main lead, ahhhh sooo adorable :cry: who wouldnt want a guy like that???
Glass shoes, thousand years of love, Dating now > didnt watch any of them..
Hello, thought you went missing in action. So how your exams? Me now watching wedding. I have just finished Jdrama Byakuyakou. Not too bad, it is a sad love story about a pair of young lovers who were forced to part after the 10 to 11 year old boy killed his father when he discovered his father is having a child prostitution dealing with his 11 year old girlfriend. Later, the girl killed her mother who forced her into the child prostitution and famed her mother be the killer instead to mislead the police. But the police inspector who handle this case is suspicious of the young couple. So the young lovers decided to pretend not to know each other to avoid suspicion. They made a pact to meet each other 15 years later on 11 of Nov 2006. According to law in Japan, one cannot be charged after the crime has been committed 15 years ago even evidence and the murderer are found. The drama is about one mistake led to another mistake and the couple basically has no chance of turning back.

I will review wedding and engine or another drama once I managed to get hold of anything good. :D

jenjan579

Post by jenjan579 » May 15th, '06, 00:02

These are dramas that I've watched/heard about/going to watch soon:
the last dance is with me - (i like the story :D.. go eugene!!!! plus the OST is great :D)
only you - (typical story line- rich guy poor girl.. but i like this drama :D
especially the cute little kid (eun jae's son).. but i didn't really like how eun jae was like mad at Yi-Joon all the time and all he was trying to do was love her!! she always gets mad at him so easily :( )
goong - (currently starting to watch.. from what i've heard this drama's good)
my name is kim sam soon - (this drama was FUNNY!! i loved it cuz it made me laugh alot.. i think if it weren't so funny i wouldn't like watch it cuz sam soon is ugly and it's hard to "feel romantic for them" when she's with the president (or sam chik.. or 'forgot his name..')
full house - (all time favourite!!!! the last episode was so sweett and cute!!! i liked all the stuff he did just to get her at the end ... ^^ ajaja fighting!! ^o^ ohya and i liked the OST)
love story in harvard- (pretty good plot.. some parts were really exciting (for me) ..ya.... but their english is hard to understand sometimes ..)
taste sweet love - (the first 12 episodes rocked but the last 4 episodes were sooo soo soo boring.. it just DRAGGED ON .. but it's all good cuz lee wan was super cute ^o^ .. what i liked about this was
that ma young hee got a makeover! i love plotlines like these ^^.. i think some people will like watching her transform and watching other people be in shock when they see her ^o^..)
oh ya and pretty good OST
sweet 18- (heard this was a MUST WATCH.. so i must watch this sometime soon..)
wonderful life- (EUGENE's in this!!:D yay gonna watch this too. but it kinda looks alot like sweet 18...)
autumn tale/endless love- (well.... this drama had a good (BUT VERY VERY SAD) plot.. that would have made me cry.. EXCEPT IT WAS SOOOO SLOWW and DRAGGED ON FOR SO LONG.. so like, i kinda got tired of crying )
lovers in paris- (pretty good and funny .. good story .. richguy poor girl story...BUT the ending was so .. WEIRD.. i didn't get it at all!!!!)
stairway to heaven- (wellll.. my mom watched this but i haven't had a chance to watch it yet =P.. from what i've heard, it's pretty good.. oh ya and i think kim tae hee and her little brother lee wan are in it together?? .. i think.. or maybe it's another drama and i got this mixed up..)
winter sonata- (again.. my mom watched this and i didn't yet T_T . i don't think i'll be watching this .. since she said it's really really draggy and slow.. and i hate those kinds of dramas ...)
glass slippers/shoes- (welll i downloaded and burnt this whole series (40 episodes..) for my mom and she really liked it.. BUT SHE LET HER FRIEND BORROW IT and now i am waiting for her friend to return it so i can watch .. ya overall my mom said it's a really good drama BUT sad.. i think it talks about long lost sisters or whatever)
what star did you come from- (yaay kim rae won is in ths new drama! woot gonna start downloading and watching SOON..)
summer scent- (my mom has this drama and we started watching it and it sucked so we never finished it..)
miss kim makes 1 million- (my mom watched this .. and she liked it alot .. but she like the OST more than anything)

guccijana

Post by guccijana » May 16th, '06, 20:10

Me now watching wedding. I have just finished Jdrama . ByakuyakouNot too bad, it is a sad love story about a pair of young lovers who were forced to part after the 10 to 11 year old boy killed his father when he discovered his father is having a child prostitution dealing with his 11 year old girlfriend. Later, the girl killed her mother who forced her into the child prostitution and famed her mother be the killer instead to mislead the police. But the police inspector who handle this case is suspicious of the young couple. So the young lovers decided to pretend not to know each other to avoid suspicion. They made a pact to meet each other 15 years later on 11 of Nov 2006. According to law in Japan, one cannot be charged after the crime has been committed 15 years ago even evidence and the murderer are found. The drama is about one mistake led to another mistake and the couple basically has no chance of turning back.

I will review wedding and engine or another drama once I managed to get hold of anything good. :D

Me missing!! No way hosay.. couldnt leave my friend behind he-he..school tests i think i did pretty good (i better after 2 all nighters he-he) anyway the series Byakuyakou, sounds interesting, :lol .. wedding.. heard of it, lets see what the fuss is about... plss review it he-he i trust only you he-he...
Anyway i watched My 19 year old Sister in law..
Hm.. its pretty funny, its about this girl who lost both parents due to some circumstances, and peoples mindling in. (2 women). and after 15 years, she meets the sons and daughters of those women, but doesnt know who they are or why she even lost her parents(shes pretty much clueless). well she falls for one of the brothers, however both brothers start liking her.. and then of corse the truth gets reveled, and yess, it's gettin pretty intense, and the women who did her wrong had to pay for their sins.. its funny, and sad at the same time, if you liked full house and my girl, your probably going to like this too.. i'd give it a 8.5 or maby a 9.0
Watched orange days- well its an ok story, lots of eye candy, its a bit slow, im on ep 9. its about this one deaf girl and this one guy, and their friends, jobs, life, and love relationships.. bla bla bla bla
Kurosagi- watched 1 ep. pretty good, something different for a change.. a "good swindler" who swinderls peoples money back from bad swindlers..
Alone in love- kinda like Sam soon, about a divorced women who ocassionally meets her ex husband, and even though he does not like her she still loves him.. :salut:
that would be all 4 2day report for duty tomorow..
xoxo :salut:

DITA

Post by DITA » May 17th, '06, 09:39

im quite new with kdrama. previously been addicted with jdrama.as there are not much of good jdrama around lately, i started to learn kdrama.

kdrama

1) samsoon - this drama was hilarious and realistic!!yet, quite hard to understand certain things, but i had read many review so its understandable.hyun bin is supercute here. i give 5 star!!

2) my girl - pretty funny too. the cast is great but a litle draging in certain part. btw, junki acting is great here.although stil need certain improvement. cant help to falling in love with him (hehe.. i cry when he cry). 4.9 star

3)19years old sister in law - great..although the actress pretty anoying. 4.5 star

4)wonderful life - cute! 4 star

5)dae jang goom - serious storyline but addictive. jang goom is adorable to be watch.5 star

6)a love to kill - havent finish this yet. on episode 9 (please help seeding :( )started pretty slow and dragging. but later on the storyline pretty good. keep waiting for what might happen. although i kind of know what the ending.watch it for bi actually. 3.5 star

7)full house - my 1st kdrama and all time favourite. the cast, storyline, music, picture is near to perfect. sweet!. and cute too. the actress is cute. bi quite anoying at certain time. i first find it too unrealistic but later everything when fine. love the OST! 4.5 star

8)goong - havent finish yet. dounloading ep19 now. so far average. started very very slow and draging... i think it overated. the cast not very good though. why they just follow the manhwa more? it started ok there.seem like just taking a few part from it. i know that they cant follow it totally but atleast maintain certain part would be great too. after 6-7 episode the storyline going good and certain part great. the actress is cute but something pretty anoying to look at. but addictive to be watch. 3.5 star

9)1% of anything - started watching this halfway of the series. it accaptable. storyline not very heavy and cute is some plot. 3 star

10)sad sonata - stil on it. pretty good. might give it more star if only theydidnt dubing to chinese. 3 star

11) save the last dance for me - this was nice although not really great. the cast was good but storyline wasn't. 3.5 star

12) sweet 18 aka litle bride - the cast was great! heard they were couple realife. storyline was nice. having a traditional attire and custom added in it make it nicer and sweeter. 4 star

this all i can think of rite now.

*snow white, attic cat - havent watch it yet. stil downloading it. hope it good although it might not be great...

jdrama

1)engine - the kid were cute! seem like takuya is suportive actor for them. the story was good too. 4.5 star

2)pride - love this. the casts, storyline was great. 5 star

3)beautiful life - sad and pretty love story. great and beautiful storyline. i cry :p ...5 star

4)hero - ok. 4 star

5)summer snow - storyline was great and beautiful. can be said as younger version of beautiful life but unique in it own ways. 5 star

6)1litre of tear - havent watch this yet. but look great

7)with love - beautiful romance of internet couple. top with beautiful soundtracks. 4 star

8) h2 - this was good too. 3.5 star (err... might be more)

this all i can think of rite now. might continue later. i havent remember much of the jdrama. watch it long time before. but most of its was great...
:lol
Last edited by DITA on May 17th, '06, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

DITA

Post by DITA » May 17th, '06, 09:43

p/s i'm takuya big fan before...huhu :D

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » May 20th, '06, 01:29

Im sorry to bother, but does anyone know of any tragic and tear jerker dramas? like ones that really made you cry when you usually dont? and also does anyone know if Save the last dance for me has a tragic ending or a happy ending? if you dont want to post it here you can leave me a private message! Thanks in advance!!

xtinax3

Post by xtinax3 » May 20th, '06, 04:27

mm imo, autumn tale's a kdrama that will bring tears despite its slow paced storyline. oh and 1 litre of tears (jdrama) had me crying the whole time :cry:

christina (:

haezi

Recommendations for 2006 kdramas

Post by haezi » May 20th, '06, 09:07

Hi, All!

I just wanted to share my recommendations for which Korean dramas that started airing this year (2006) have been superb. I was appalled with the dirth of media exposure (at least on U.S. forums--what happened to all the kdrama fans on d-addicts? I love jdorama and have enjoyed parts of taiwanese dramas, but c'mon, korean dramas can hold their own, too--is it because of the advent of youtube and clubbox?) on these following dramas and felt compelled to share and spread the love. I apologize in advance for this overly verbose list--and no, I am not going to list Goong (loved the manhwa, didn't really feel much for the drama):

List in short:
Dr. Kkang/Dr. Gang/Dr. Kaeng
Goodbye Solo
Alone in Love
My Girl
Fireworks
Smile Again

EXPLANATIONS:
Action/comedy-
*"Dr. Kkang" aka "Dr. Gang" aka "Dr. Kaeng"
starring Yang Dong Gun and Han Gain--definitely see the first 4 episodes before you reject this series altogether (okay, I admit it, I only watched these 4 episodes and now I'm hooked enough to write this review)--streamlining on Youtube is available (thank you uploaders!) if you want to forego the trouble of downloading. The drama is great, appealing to guys and girls alike. The right mix of action, humor, and poignancy. Yang Dong Gun is one of my fav actors because he truly BECOMES his character (he's always referred to as ugly even in the dramas he stars in but he's TALENTED). The supporting cast is also awesome and Han Gain has definitely improved her acting skills (and who can resist this doe-eyed beauty).

Romance/drama-
*"Goodbye Solo"
The cast is superb and the dialogue is fresh and unique, defying most stereotypes and managing to paint a comprehensive picture of each of the main characters.
One of my all time fav lines in the movie is the following:
As her lover is leaving, one girl yells in tears, "Fine, you want COOL, I'll give you COOL. Let's stay COOL" or something along those lines.
A bystander, one middle-aged, overly dressed woman (a character who is somewhat of a b*tch but who is, nonetheless, my favorite character) overhears the whole row between lovers and says to herself as she engrosses herself with puppies displayed in a pet shop window, "Can warm-blooded people truly be cool? I don't think so..."
Isn't that line just great?! The plot is pretty interesting and there are parts in each episode that truly tug at my heart (although I admit I didn't watch many of the middle episodes due to computer troubles).

*"Alone in Love"
Another superb cast with the lovely Son Yejin and awesome Gam Woosung (the actor from King and the Clown aka the King's Man). I think this is based on a Japanese novel. The acting is great and the script is mature and doesn't take itself too seriously. It does a good job painting the story of a couple who divorces and deals with the emotional baggage that ensues. There are some thoughtful and funny one-liners featured throughout. Plus, I like the music.

Romance/comedy-
If you are looking for light, unrealistic (who wants realism in dramas, anyway? i'll take these commercialized, shallow dramas over independent films like those in the Cannes Film Fest any day), overly exaggerated (I admit I LOVE the exaggerated style of K-dramas--my advice if you want to enjoy--get over yourself and get used to it--Koreans aren't too different from these characters in mannerisms so the exaggerations aren't that far off base), happy, and completely trendy dramas--the kind that give you exactly what you want with their beautiful but imperfect girls and perfect guys--please leave all critical minds at the door--a la Manhwas and Mangas, then these dramas are for you (in no particular order of preference):

*"My Girl"
Funny is the first word that springs to mind. The actress who plays the main character did an about face when she took this role and she delivers with flying colors (love the exaggerated action and colorful fashion). The humor while being cliched still manages to satisfy everytime. And the two guy actors, one an effeminate pretty boy reminiscent of the 80s rockers, and another slightly more masculine and gorgeous main actor (please ignore the bright colors and flowers he wears on his clothes) are great.

*"Fireworks"
This is with the barbie doll actress Han Chae Young. I've only watched the first two episodes thus far, but it promises to be a hooker. The cast is all beautiful and there are some funny scenes in the first two episodes. I apologize. I'm still stuck in my juvenile fantasies and love the overly done cinderella story. But can't forget to add a touch of modernism by introducing the goal-driven career woman aspect in the main character (this time it's something to do with being a make-up artist--I think). And I always love it when wronged girls try to get back at their exes and end up with someone ten times better!

*"Smile Again"
This stars the lovely Kim Hee Sun and Lee Dong Gun. They manage to pass as both high school students and twenty-something year olds. The basic premise is similar to "Fireworks": spunky girl is betrayed by a boyfriend and works toward her goal (not necessarily out of revenge, however). The actual story, however, bears no resemblance. Kim Hee Sun's character has a passion--baseball. She is ever chipper and sunny and her hyperactive happiness could be annoying but I'm still enchanted with this drama. Lee Dong Gun manages to be a self-absorbed ass but with a hidden heart that keeps me rooting for him.

Hope you will check out these dramas and waste a few brain cells during this summer of fun! Caveat: This list is far from comprehensive and only reflects my own opinions on the dramas I've watched.

-Haezi
Last edited by haezi on May 22nd, '06, 01:16, edited 3 times in total.

akribos

Post by akribos » May 20th, '06, 14:18

about love to kill.... i admit... the ending sucks
... but it was unexpected...like mem'ries of bali :-(

but i still give credit to the writers of the series... it was well plotted...although some parts at the end seems to be draggy... "Rain's" character was the best..! :P
i was a little grossed out about the "snot" thing that was coming out of their nose but the actors were played well... rain was all out and he really made-up to all those kisses he missed during "fullhouse" where i was expecting a little bit more than what was shown...
for those who want to try it out just because rain is there,... just bear a little the first 2 episodes... hes getting from "hot" to "sizzling" in the next episodes... :salut: [/quote]

boba

Post by boba » May 20th, '06, 17:13

jpoplover08 wrote:Im sorry to bother, but does anyone know of any tragic and tear jerker dramas? like ones that really made you cry when you usually dont? and also does anyone know if Save the last dance for me has a tragic ending or a happy ending? if you dont want to post it here you can leave me a private message! Thanks in advance!!

i think "Love Letter" was a tear jerker....for me anyways
Save the last dance has a hppy ending

kodoko

Post by kodoko » May 21st, '06, 13:21

Me missing!! No way hosay.. couldnt leave my friend behind he-he..school tests i think i did pretty good (i better after 2 all nighters he-he) anyway the series Byakuyakou, sounds interesting, :lol .. wedding.. heard of it, lets see what the fuss is about... plss review it he-he i trust only you he-he...
Hm.. its pretty funny, its about this girl who lost both parents due to some circumstances, and peoples mindling in. (2 women). and after 15 years, she meets the sons and daughters of those women, but doesnt know who they are or why she even lost her parents(shes pretty much clueless). well she falls for one of the brothers, however both brothers start liking her.. and then of corse the truth gets reveled, and yess, it's gettin pretty intense, and the women who did her wrong had to pay for their sins.. its funny, and sad at the same time, if you liked full house and my girl, your probably going to like this too.. i'd give it a 8.5 or maby a 9.0
Watched orange days- well its an ok story, lots of eye candy, its a bit slow, im on ep 9. its about this one deaf girl and this one guy, and their friends, jobs, life, and love relationships.. bla bla bla bla
Kurosagi- watched 1 ep. pretty good, something different for a change.. a "good swindler" who swinderls peoples money back from bad swindlers..
Alone in love- kinda like Sam soon, about a divorced women who ocassionally meets her ex husband, and even though he does not like her she still loves him.. :salut:
So your exams over now :mrgreen: can watch lots of dramas. I am almost done with Wedding. Pretty boring, I must say. Misunderstandings throughout the drama. This drama is based on Jang Nara who married a guy despite knowing he has been carrying a touch for his childhood friend. Jang Nara cried a lot in this drama and the plot is so predictable. I guessed you can give this drama a miss. I missed Jang Nara in My Love Patizza.She look so cute then but she made right career move, she should outgrown from her cute characters.

Next, I should be watching Pride or Gal Circle. Engine is still downloading at 76.5%. So, how about you? Other than 19 year old Sister in law.. , anything on the must watch list. Oh, just to keep informed, Bump off lover end at 13 episodes. I have watched until 11 episode, 2 more to go. I have recommend this drama to my sister too, now she keep asking me for the next episode. :D
Last edited by kodoko on May 21st, '06, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

skachild

Post by skachild » May 21st, '06, 13:27

lennonmanson wrote:really like Bad Family
yeah... must watch this series..!!!! :thumright: :thumright:

[img]http://yuleum.co.kr/uploadFile/star_gallery/BF_0010.jpg[/img]

and another one that i recommended is alone in love..!!!! :P

[img]http://img.sbs.co.kr/newimg/wizard2/pro ... p_04w1.jpg[/img]

apparition

Post by apparition » May 22nd, '06, 09:18

I found this thread useful! i use it to decide which ones to watch.

Anyways, my review of the ones I've seen so far:

Highly recommend:
Goong -- loved the whole fantasy story and its characters. there were some funny scenes and i liked how the characters were developed. this one dramatizes the royal family politics to drive the story. i wonder what season 2 (2007) will be like? go see this one.
My name is Kim Sam Soon -- funny, even though the lead actress is a bit...chubby :P. good char development too.
My girl -- loved the lead actress. she pretty much, single-handedly drove the humour with her brilliant acting.

Okay kdramas:
Full House -- this is what got me started on the whole kdrama thing. as the others say, shg is excellent and the story has its charm. however, it is VERY repetitive; story progress is pretty slow in the middle of the series. probably would've been better if the # of episodes was reduced in half or if there was more to the story than SHG running away and coming back again, which happened like a billion times.
love story in harvard -- the story was pretty interesting because it was with the whole foreign student thing. the story almost seemed like it was gonna end with a sad/bad ending, but the ending turned out to be a good one.
nine-tailed fox -- exotic story. the whole liver-eating thing sorta grossed me out though. theres some interesting action in this one. the main male character was sorta lame, but it was probably worth watching if you're a fan of KTH.

not-so-good kdramas:
autumn in my heart -- this one is a pretty serious drama with a pretty sad storyline. no happy ending either. i wasn't really into it, because it was really heavy and devoid of humour. i wasn't into the sis-bro loving thing either :crazy: but, if you like really sad dramas, then try this one i guess.

on another note, i noticed a pattern in the ones i watched: there seems to be a male character who is a rich jerk who has a middle-class girl as his love interest. the male always has a previous love who clings onto him while the female eventually has a guy clinging to her as well. its like a love SQUARE. and the ones who cling onto the main characters basically prevent the 2 main characters from getting together until the end. anyone else notice this formula throughout the dramas? :glare: ive noticed this in like nearly all the ones i watched!! (ie. full house, goong, my girl, love story in harvard)

YeuCandy

Post by YeuCandy » May 23rd, '06, 02:03

Can you give me the website of jem's site!! I really want to download "Beautiful Days" beacuse I love it and was trying to find it everywhere but couldn't find it!!! HELP PLEASE!! IAnd I do recommend this movie!!! And "MY GIRL", " MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON" are great movies too!!!

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » May 23rd, '06, 02:23

YeuCandy wrote:Can you give me the website of jem's site!! I really want to download "Beautiful Days" beacuse I love it and was trying to find it everywhere but couldn't find it!!! HELP PLEASE!! IAnd I do recommend this movie!!! And "MY GIRL", " MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON" are great movies too!!!
http://jem.d-addicts.com/

itzjustfranciz

What Korean Drama do you guys recommend is worth towatch?

Post by itzjustfranciz » May 23rd, '06, 03:28

right now im watching which star are you from and sorry, i love you. after im done watching those, what do you guys think is a really really good korean drama that you guys recommend?

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » May 23rd, '06, 03:34

jpoplover08 wrote:Im sorry to bother, but does anyone know of any tragic and tear jerker dramas? like ones that really made you cry when you usually dont? and also does anyone know if Save the last dance for me has a tragic ending or a happy ending? if you dont want to post it here you can leave me a private message! Thanks in advance!!
+
Save The Last Dance has a happy ending

itzjustfranciz

Post by itzjustfranciz » May 23rd, '06, 03:43

im currently watcing "wHICH STAR ARE YOU FROM" and "SORRY, I LOVE YOU" right now, they are both good dramas, and after im done with those, does anybody know any really good 2006 drama series?

itzjustfranciz

Post by itzjustfranciz » May 23rd, '06, 03:43

im currently watcing "wHICH STAR ARE YOU FROM" and "SORRY, I LOVE YOU" right now, they are both good dramas, and after im done with those, does anybody know any really good 2006 drama series? that you wuld recommend to watch.

earthangel_713

Post by earthangel_713 » May 23rd, '06, 06:21

Bad Family, Smile Again, Fireworks, Goong, and Alone in Love you can try.

12345friend

Post by 12345friend » May 26th, '06, 06:52

anybody has reviews for these following 2006 series?

: great inheritance
hello, god?
i really really like you

saw a trailer on great inheritance starring han ji min, and it looked like an interesting show...

anw, my list of recommended dramas would include:

full house
oh pil seung, bong soon young
save the last dance for me
sweet 18
my girl
super rookie
lovers in paris

currently watching wedding... at ep11...kinda of slow paced, but the drama has some interesting conservations between the casts... n jang nara is so pretty, her role here is quite different from her previous shows... although she makes mistakes here n there in the show, she can b forgiven after seeing her sacrifices in attempts to salvage the marriage...
is abit annoyed by ryu shi won's indecisive n wishy washy character sometimes though... n they should get a better looking guy for the role of jin hui... he looks old...

oso at what star are you from? ep6... so far ok... but mayb bok sil sholud change her hair, the style doesnt suit her...

luvelyasian

Post by luvelyasian » May 28th, '06, 00:25

what are the korean titles of Fireworks and Smile Again?

and also is Hello, God HIGHLY recommended or just a mediocre drama..i've only watched two episodes and I don't know whether to continue it or not..

i would recommend Dr. Gang... so far its drawn me in in a way older classic kdramas have so i'm very hopeful that it will turn out to be that way :)

kodoko

Post by kodoko » May 28th, '06, 03:19

Hello, God is just an average drama..

luvelyasian

Post by luvelyasian » May 28th, '06, 04:12

^ thanks .. i guess i was hoping it would be a good drama because the guy is insanely good-looking :mrgreen:

szne09

Post by szne09 » May 28th, '06, 09:38

luvelyasian wrote:what are the korean titles of Fireworks and Smile Again?
Fireworks (MBC) - 불꽃놀이
Smile Again (SBS) - 스마일 어게인

I just finished 'Which Star Are You From'...I found it touching :)

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » May 28th, '06, 10:19

There are so many good dramas to recommend, but I'm in the middle of watching "Hello, My Teacher/Biscuit Teacher and candy" right now and I have to say, it's a really good drama :D I was wondering how the storyline would turn out, and it's going great so far. A teacher who helps her students with their problems and how it changes their life and the hardships the teacher had to go through. There'll be times when you'll have a good laugh, and times when you couldn't help it but shed a tear or two... :-) So anyone who has been wondering about whether to watch this drama or not, you won't regret watching it :lol And the S.O.S sub team is doing such a great job for the subs, won't have watched this drama without them :wub: Thank you, guys! :cheers:

chrizzy_bebe

Post by chrizzy_bebe » May 29th, '06, 14:22

hajimemashite minnasan! chriz toiiu de, korean drama ga hontou ni daisuki! yoroshiku ne!
maybe i should've learned korean instead of japanese for 6 yrs lol :P

which series would you recommend i purchase first - goong or my girl?? i've heard so many good things about them both!

i like romantic comedies like full house too ^_^

luvelyasian

Post by luvelyasian » May 30th, '06, 23:58

^ My Girl all the way, definitely a romantic comedy!!!
great characters/actors-- good looking stars ^^

i personally don't see what was great or even good about Goong-- i couldn't finish it. the lead actress was annoying, the main guy was stiff.. it was just very flat to me

ccha7

Post by ccha7 » May 31st, '06, 09:25

chrizzy_bebe wrote: which series would you recommend i purchase first - goong or my girl?? i've heard so many good things about them both!

hmmm...i would recommend "Goong" instead of "My Girl"

Goong:you would find the lead actress quite adorable though some scenes might be draggy, but i think this drama wasn't boring all the way.

My Girl:LDH doesn't fit the character in this drama.she is more towards ajumma type.therefore, i found it a bit boring

i dun know why many of them had described "my girl" as a good dramas. it's just so so romantic comedy drama compared to "wonderful life" and "Sassy Girl Choon Hyang". Perhaps most of them fall for the second lead actor,Lee Jun Ki.:D another recommendation would be "sweet 18" (haven't watched it but preview a bit,seems like a pretty good drama).

that's all my feedback...it's all your decision :cheers:

szne09

Post by szne09 » May 31st, '06, 11:14

Hi,

Among all the dramas that I've watched so far...here's what I'd recommend (in no particular order):

Sweet 18 - this is the first series I've watched and it was sooo good I got even more addicted to watching k-dramas. There are scenes which are just utterly hilarious while others are really touching...

Full House - of course this is another hilarious series...though I found some parts dragging, in terms of the constant fighting between Ji-eun and Young-jae, I still think this is a must-see for all k-drama lovers out there...

Sang-Doo! Let's Go To School - this is another touching story, and even though I was not a huge fan of Jung Ji-hoon (Bi) at the time, I was impressed at his performance here considering it was his acting debut

Sassy Girl, Chun-hyang - honestly, I was quite pessimistic with this series because of the title. But I was wrong, because I really enjoyed watching this...Han Chae-young and Jae-hee are a good pair-up.

Love Story in Harvard - though some parts were also dragging and some of Kim Rae-won's english were unintelligible, I liked the story and was touched by it

Lovers in Paris - quite the tear-jerker, I must say...really good drama though the ending was quite confusing

My Girl - though I really like this series, I also think it's a bit overrated, in terms of storyline and performances...but yes, it'd make you laugh and maybe a bit sad too

A Love to Kill - warning, this a hardcore drama, so for those who were used to seeing Bi in comedic roles, this is definitely something different. I liked it coz it kept me quite in suspense.... and yea, it was just something different

Which Star Are You From - though the story is pretty predictable, I found their love story touching...it's not the best drama but it's worth watching too...[/b]

haezi

Post by haezi » Jun 1st, '06, 02:36

chrizzy_bebe wrote:
which series would you recommend i purchase first - goong or my girl?? i've heard so many good things about them both!

full house was great. great acting.

i'd have to back luvelyasian on this one. i loved "my girl" with the female main character's exaggerated acting and ridiculous antics. the two main guys were great, as well. there is the brooding lee dong wook and the effeminate 80's style lee junki.

although I love the manhwa goong, the drama was sorely lacking in my opinion. the acting was only so-so and the script was not the greatest (even though they were basing it off of a great manhwa).

if you want more of a general (moms and daughters) comedy romance, "my girl" is great. if you want TEEN comedy romance, then "goong" may be more appealing.

12345friend

Post by 12345friend » Jun 1st, '06, 04:41

jus finished Green Rose... great show!
good suspense story that will keep u wanting to know more after each episode... n to find out how the mystery unravels one by one... excellent development of the individual characters throughout the show, n i must say the acting was great... both the main leads(lee da hae, go soo) are certainly v appealing, it's a good pairing.
if u have watched 'My Girl' n enjoyed lee da hae's witty n funny role, watch her take on a different role in this one. :thumright:

another recommended drama is Bad Family... although there are no fantanstic names for the casts, the storyline is good. it is different from the usual romantic kdrama setting n if u are interested in a comedy, dun miss this. many funny scenes! as well as some touching moments.
the little girl in the show is so cute n u will find urself liking the characters one by one as they progress, although they may not b your ideal handsome n pretty faces.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jun 1st, '06, 08:47

If you like suspense kinda drama u'd like Resurrection (BuHwal). It keeps me watching disc after disc.

The guy is not v good-looking and I didnt like him in the beginning, but later found him really cool 8)

The pace of this drama is just right and the plot is not too simple (straight forward) yet not too complicated/confusing as to put me off. but... i think it still has the typical problem of most kdrama, that it slows down from around ep16, when i found myself waiting and waiting and still nothing new. it's 24 ep long and i think if shortened to 18-20 it'd be perfect.

Another recently one i like is My Girl. There are many funny and sweet moments too. burnt a few nights watching middle part (5-12) but similarly, it got draggy in the last few episodes.

Although I usually don't like tear-jerkers/sad story, I like MISA for unknown reason. maybe the character (the male lead) appeals to me :roll

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Jun 1st, '06, 16:37

kodoko wrote:
So your exams over now :mrgreen: can watch lots of dramas. I am almost done with Wedding. Pretty boring, I must say. Misunderstandings throughout the drama. This drama is based on Jang Nara who married a guy despite knowing he has been carrying a touch for his childhood friend. Jang Nara cried a lot in this drama and the plot is so predictable. I guessed you can give this drama a miss. I missed Jang Nara in My Love Patizza.She look so cute then but she made right career move, she should outgrown from her cute characters.

Next, I should be watching Pride or Gal Circle. Engine is still downloading at 76.5%. So, how about you? Other than 19 year old Sister in law.. , anything on the must watch list. Oh, just to keep informed, Bump off lover end at 13 episodes. I have watched until 11 episode, 2 more to go. I have recommend this drama to my sister too, now she keep asking me for the next episode. :D
hejjjj kodoko, ahh finllllly came back.. sorry it took a while, i was soo busy didnt really have a chance to watch lots of dramas for the past week.. but anyway, ahhh i wish i could watch the next ep. of Bump off lover, but they still only have subs till ep2 geeeeeez.. ahh im glad ur sister likes it.. :lol hmm.. so wedding is oki, ill make sure not to watch it.. even though i have the disc somwhere ill skip on it thxxx. so far, you dont have any on the "must watch list" sign, this season, the dramas are geeeez..
oki here's my list

Orange Days- finally finished it, i'd give it a 7.5,. the story is oki, the acting is good, the cast was very cute..maby a bit slow-pased for my taste...
kurosagi-ep2-its getting better and better
Rules of love-ep3-finally a drama where a guy is not as honest as he pretends to be, but a player.. and the girl gets back at him.. its oki so far.
The outsiders-watched 1 ep, its pretty cool, i kinda like it more and more..
and the best one i think im going to love is
"green rose"- i like it coz its someting different for a change.. guy is accused of killing his girlfriends dad.. i've watched few ep, and im like WOOW..cant wait for the next ep, which i have to download and no seeders..
watched the 1st ep of Lover letter- and i must say thank you bc its really something diff, too, im waiting for the next ep. to download... now i know why you like it that much.. thx for recommending it.. ill keep ya posted throughout the rest of the seiries..
Alone in love-didnt have time to watch more ep.

anyway i've also downloaded 2 SG series...
The Undisclosed-mystery, didnt get a chance to watch it yet..
Your's always-each ep 20 min- long, and at the end the people voted for who they like better of the two main guys and be with the lead girl... i've watched 2 ep, and its oki..

-sigh-Kodoko, it's either that this season the shows are so-so, or i am hard to please.. i mean the new ones ive watched are OK.. none of the "ahh i cant wait to see the nest episode"... geeeeez so nope so far none of the seires are on the "must watch list" well xcept Green rose, which is old.. but the new ones are all blaaaaah.. oki doki smoki.. thats it from me.. good luck on ur series, i hope they are worth the watch.. and on the "must watch list" hehehe.. muuuuuah girly, xoxo im over and out
:salut:

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Jun 2nd, '06, 16:06

I am currently downloading my sister-in-law is 19 years old. I have just finished Pride. Not sure if you have watched this drama before. If not, drop the drama.
so far, you dont have any on the "must watch list" sign, this season, the dramas are geeeez.
Dear, you should know me by now, I am hard to please and I seldom give a 'A' grade for a drama or a movie. No must-watch list on this season. :glare:
To tell you frankly, I have not watched any singapore dramas since last year July. So far, no drama has managed to get my attention. :whistling:
sigh-Kodoko, it's either that this season the shows are so-so, or i am hard to please.. i mean the new ones ive watched are OK.. none of the "ahh i cant wait to see the nest episode"... geeeeez so nope so far none of the seires are on the "must watch list" well xcept Green rose
For you sake, I took a quick glance over the subtitles thread, to my best effort and based on the limited choices available. The must-watched list i can come out with is Dae Jang Geum and Long Vacation. I will try to provide you with more dramas if i can. :|
Will keep you update if I smell any good drama.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Jun 2nd, '06, 20:04

kodoko wrote:I am currently downloading my sister-in-law is 19 years old. I have just finished Pride. Not sure if you have watched this drama before. If not, drop the drama.
so far, you dont have any on the "must watch list" sign, this season, the dramas are geeeez.
Dear, you should know me by now, I am hard to please and I seldom give a 'A' grade for a drama or a movie. No must-watch list on this season. :glare:
To tell you frankly, I have not watched any singapore dramas since last year July. So far, no drama has managed to get my attention. :whistling:
sigh-Kodoko, it's either that this season the shows are so-so, or i am hard to please.. i mean the new ones ive watched are OK.. none of the "ahh i cant wait to see the nest episode"... geeeeez so nope so far none of the seires are on the "must watch list" well xcept Green rose
For you sake, I took a quick glance over the subtitles thread, to my best effort and based on the limited choices available. The must-watched list i can come out with is Dae Jang Geum and Long Vacation. I will try to provide you with more dramas if i can. :|
Will keep you update if I smell any good drama.
Nope didnt watch pride yet, and i guess i wount even bother with it hehehe.. anyway yes, sister in law is oki give it a try since there is nothing better out there at this moment anyway.. ahhh thxx you went to the sub section just to give me a good drama.. tear-tear, your sooo kind, :cry: OHHH IM SUCH A DUMMIE.. i 4got about "Let's go to the beach" its an older drama 2004, but man i couldnt wait to see the next eisode its goood.. not many people know about it hmm... :scratch: so yes if you have time to spare give it a try but be warned that the last two episodes are not SUBBED.. they are in "proccess" of being subbed, but no response when you ask them if some1 is still subbing it.. so i dont know if you want to risk it. i did and geeez i cant wait to see the LAST two episodes.. hmm... oki doki be back tomorow.... :salut:

EDit:
GIRLYYYY ahh i've watched 7ep. of SPRING WALTZ.. and i think im in love with it.. its the best out of all the ones ive mentioned in the previous post...Its not like the usual dramas, you see.. its kind of shot in a different style, very tastefully done.. ahh every episode is great.. i loooove it so far.. anyway just letting you know.. :mrgreen:
Last edited by guccijana on Jun 5th, '06, 16:30, edited 4 times in total.

red_amethyst

Post by red_amethyst » Jun 3rd, '06, 12:49

Meteor Garden
Full House
Love in the City
Amazing Twins
Al the Dolphin Bay
Lavander

do you know where i can download chinovelas, koreanovelas, etc. for free? im not in my birth place anymore and there's no chinatown where i am now so it's hard for me to find korean n chinese series... is o love them so much... so addicted... so can u please help me with this?? thanks a bunch!

AzianAngelic

Post by AzianAngelic » Jun 6th, '06, 00:53

SPring waltz have got to be the best kdrama that was release this yr.. love it^^

SleepyTiger

Post by SleepyTiger » Jun 8th, '06, 19:27

I only watched Hotelier, Winter Sonata and My Name is Kim Sam Soon because I'm very new to K-Dramas.

Hotelier was really nice (not only because of Bae Yong Jun :P ) but is NOT A MUST.

Winter Sonata made me cry all the time, what wasn't good because I had to read the english sub to understand what they're saying. With all the tears it was a bit hard to follow the plot :lol :lol Some people say the story took too much time...they're right :P BUT when it's raining all day this drama is absolute perfect.

Kim Sam Soon is the best of all three dramas I watched so far and it's soooooo incredible hillarious. The cast is terrific!! I have to admit I didn't like Hyun Bin first. But because he's the leading male I gave him a second chance and yes, he's great as Sam Shikki. :P :P The story is...well, nothing really new but spiced up a good dose of humor. Look forward for the "toilett-paper-incident" in eps 9 (or 10?) and the karaoke-scenes :lol So... WATCH IT!!!

cxliew

Post by cxliew » Jun 10th, '06, 00:53

Erm.... i was wondering where to dl summer scent. I can't seem to find it although i search for quite a long time.

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Jun 10th, '06, 09:11

Hi,

I am currently watching Japanese drama Nobutaeps, it is boring. Funny leh, it got good reviews, maybe I have watched too much dramas and now find nothing is interesting. Do you still remember that I have told you about, 1 in 3 korean have watched the movie "The king and the clown." ? oh, i have watched it, it is only average.

Regarding "Let's goes to the beach" I guessed I will go and download it. That all for now, will report to you next time.
:salut: