[DISCUSSION] Junjo Kirari / Pure Heart

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
groink

[DISCUSSION] Junjo Kirari / Pure Heart

Post by groink » Apr 5th, '06, 00:37

Use this topic to discuss anything about the asadora. Just don't:

- Post spoilers without first using the spoiler tags.
- Ask for seeding
- Request for subtitles
- Or any other activity that is considered nagging

Keep the conversation on-topic, which are discussions concerning the series' content.

Useful links:
DramaWiki for the series
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Junjo_Kirari

Synopsis for Week 1*
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Junjo_Kirari/Week_1
*-Note that all weeks are listed under the series' article

--- groink

groink

Post by groink » Apr 5th, '06, 01:58

Very good first episode!
Some interesting things I noticed:

Miyama Karen is playing the young Sakurako. Remember from HOTMAN 2?

Anotehr link... She plays the paper piano - just like what Nanami did on HOTMAN 2.

It has been awhile since I've last seen a morning drama that wasn't taking place in modern times. Junjo Kirari has a VERY similar feel to Karin. Even the business (miso paste) is exactly the same! And a HUGE change from Kaze no Haruka.
BTW, I've just updated the correlation chart on the DramaWiki - now completely translated. So use it when watching the episodes.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Junjo_Kirari

--- groink

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Apr 29th, '06, 17:53

groink wrote:Very good first episode!
Some interesting things I noticed:

Miyama Karen is playing the young Sakurako. Remember from HOTMAN 2?

Anotehr link... She plays the paper piano - just like what Nanami did on HOTMAN 2.

It has been awhile since I've last seen a morning drama that wasn't taking place in modern times. Junjo Kirari has a VERY similar feel to Karin. Even the business (miso paste) is exactly the same! And a HUGE change from Kaze no Haruka.
--- groink
Actually:
I think that one of the themes connecting "Kaze no Haruka" and "Junjou Kirari" (and actually a few other dramas lately) is single parenthood (though it was through a divorce in KnH). While most of the 'good' examples we see of men being single are because of a wife's death, the other possible scenario for younger spouses/women is divorce. I think this says a lot about what execs think of single parenthood in Japanese society. It sort of romanticizes how hard men work to be single parents. I can name at least 5 evening doramas that have aired in the past few years that deal with divorce. Or that try not to...the most aggravating "Kobayakawa Nobuki no Koi," haha. ANYWAY...true to Shouwa form, he had to get married again, didn't he?

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 29th, '06, 18:19

I absolutely love it. I'm waiting for it every week like a little child lol

And I STILL can't put the song little Sakurako and her dad were singing in the first week anywhere. It sounds awfully familiar, but I just can't think of the name. BAH!

But... I'm still not happy with the end of week 2. It was really a "NO! How could they do this?!" moment.

mihon

Kirarki Songs/OST

Post by mihon » Nov 27th, '06, 15:36

Hi Guys!!

First of all, thx really thx for the drama!! Thx for uploading!! =)

Now... the reason for this post: does anyone know any place to dl some of kirari music? The entire OST wolud be better! :wub:
I already look but couldn't find... :-(

Thxxx agaainnn :mrgreen:

Aragami

Post by Aragami » Jan 17th, '07, 11:31

Hi i'm wondering where can i find english subtitles for this drama. Anyone knows ?
Answer pls =)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 10th, '07, 21:35

Ok, I finally got around to watching this drama bit by little bit, and all I can say is.... :wub:
This is now easily one of my favorite dramas. Miyazaki Aoi was absolutely perfect as Sakurako. And it was kind of interesting to see Miyazaki and Nishijima Hidetoshi together in this series after seeing them paired in the mini-movie Umi de no hanashi.
I'm glad she didn't take the Nana 2 gig... There are definitely bigger and better things in store for her.

English subs for this are probably provided if you can get a copy of the shows when they broadcast on TV here in the US (NGN subs). Otherwise, I don't think translating this series would be too difficult in terms of skill, but at 156 eps...:fear:
I have enough trouble committing to an 11 ep series... ^_^;

Even though I haven't seen Fight!, I'm kind of baffled at how it can top this one in groink's book... :blink

ranmasama

Post by ranmasama » Jun 30th, '07, 07:14

I know I'm posting on an old thread, but this question is super really important....
What does NGN stand for? :P
And how do you get this channel in the US?

I'm hoping mizune sees this.....

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 30th, '07, 12:28

I see it... :lol
This show really does need a little bump anyways...

groink or anybody else from Hawaii can correct me on this, but NGN stands for Nippon Golden Network and it's basically a Hawaiian television channel/production company that regularly subtitles Japanese dramas (primarily NHK asadoras and taigas these days) and documentaries specifically for broadcast within the US.
If you live in an area with an independent tv station that carries foreign programming, check to see if they carry any Japanese programs. If they do, it's almost a shoe-in that they will carry NGN subbed programs. I think there are a couple cable stations that carry Asian television programs as well, but I don't know what they're called or what sort of programming they actually carry.

germsteel

NGN sub-titling etc.

Post by germsteel » Jan 25th, '09, 04:01

Hello,

Looking around for Junjou Kirari sub-titles; no luck so far :-(

We do get local broadcast of some NGN stuff but haven't seen this one yet.

I guess I will have to wait until someone does the subtitles!

recca_cool

Post by recca_cool » Feb 20th, '09, 14:01

hehe.. I also tried looking for subtitles but no luck XD

I just hope someone will pick up this series someday!

I tried watching couple of episodes but my japanese is so horrible i pick up random sentences here & there ^^;

oh well ..

xploring

Post by xploring » Sep 13th, '13, 12:34

Just found out that this series is available to download with chinese hardsub here:
http://pssclub.com/forum.php?mod=viewth ... a=page%3D1

You need to register and reply to see the download links though and it's a chinese forum...

The OST is available too. PM me if you want the links.

xaxa

Post by xaxa » Sep 13th, '13, 12:53

xploring wrote:Just found out that this series is available to download with chinese hardsub here:

You need to register and reply to see the download links though and it's a chinese forum...

Oh, cool, thanks a lot for the tip! I've been searching for it too.

xploring

Post by xploring » Sep 14th, '13, 11:17

The OP at pssclub (linked above) has provided me with chinese softsubs. I had a look at a couple of files and they look ok, ready for transcription/translation if someone decide to take on the task. I know this series is available for trade through snail mail and therefore English-subbed ( probably by NGN), but I don't have those DVDs. So this can be another series for Avallac'h's project of transcribing old dramas.

https://mega.co.nz/#!VgR3wBrZ!WIR4pHe0m ... kYARClH4es

There are two files each for episode 47-50. Max who provided the softsubs wrote that there are problems with for those episodes in the batch. He may be referring to the chinese translation/characters display and not the timing, I have not verified.

xaxa

Post by xaxa » Sep 14th, '13, 12:49

As for the videos, I'll probably make the same as with Amachan - 720p, 480p and 320p versions. all RAWs without Chinese subtitles. and upload them here and on Mega.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Sep 14th, '13, 14:22

The complete Chinese subtitle I found is here: http://subtitles.forty3design.com/collections/view/rg

Hope that helps.

xaxa

Post by xaxa » Sep 14th, '13, 17:28

xploring wrote:Just found out that this series is available to download with chinese hardsub here:

looks like 5th and 6th episodes are corrupt. can someone confirm it?

ZemusDS

Post by ZemusDS » Sep 14th, '13, 19:45

Why do you need a Chinese hardsub version when there's RAW available here at D-Addicts?

nikid

Post by nikid » Sep 14th, '13, 20:51

ZemusDS wrote:Why do you need a Chinese hardsub version when there's RAW available here at D-Addicts?
maybe 'cause there's no seeders in this one (or wasnt last time I checked)

xaxa

Post by xaxa » Sep 14th, '13, 20:53

ZemusDS,
torrents from 2006? I'm pretty sure they are all dead. + chinese videos seem to be better in quality. and they are not hardsubbed, they are mkvs (1280x720) with subtitles that could be turned off or deleted. I'll make RAW mp4s out of them.
Last edited by xaxa on Sep 14th, '13, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

Heiwa Fansubs
Fansubber
Fansubber

Junjo Kirari

Post by Heiwa Fansubs » Sep 14th, '13, 22:00

Hi,

If it is any help, 純情きらり (Junjo Kiari) is currently re-airing on one of the NHK BS stations (it airs just before "Amachan"). Jpsubbers has been collecting the Japanese timed subs from the series as it has aired and those can be found on their website (we at Heiwa Fansubs asked them for this).

We may not be in a position to tackle translating another asadora for awhile, so if someone else is interested, they should feel free to do so.

Heiwa Fansubs

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Russia

Post by Avallac'h » Sep 16th, '13, 04:23

Trying to register on that site.
But this is impossible without invitation code. :-(

Regarding English subtitles.
This asadora was aired on NGN.
For example groink has it on 26 DVDs.
http://www.groinkcaps.com/

xaxa

Post by xaxa » Sep 16th, '13, 06:17

Avallac'h wrote:Trying to register on that site.
они их сами же выдают. там сверху есть ссылка (фиолетовая вторая слева). в общем, включи гугл-транслейт на странице - увидишь.

xploring

Post by xploring » Sep 16th, '13, 10:59

Click on one of links above the line in red

xaxa

Post by xaxa » Sep 16th, '13, 14:57

didn't see it at the first glance, but it looks like only first 12 weeks are HQ mkvs. other files are avi with Chinese hardsub. oh well, nethertheless definitely better than nothing.

ZemusDS

Post by ZemusDS » Sep 16th, '13, 15:08

Well, post in the Seeding and Upload Requests if you are interested in the 1024x576 XviD RAW videos.

I could probably reseed some if there is demand for it.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Russia

Post by Avallac'h » Sep 16th, '13, 15:51

xaxa wrote:
они их сами же выдают. там сверху есть ссылка (фиолетовая вторая слева). в общем, включи гугл-транслейт на странице - увидишь.
Разобрался. Спасибо)
xaxa wrote:didn't see it at the first glance, but it looks like only first 12 weeks are HQ mkvs. other files are avi with Chinese hardsub. oh well, nethertheless definitely better than nothing.
Downloaded first episode and realized that I seen this picture already.:-)
This is NGB raws muxed with Chinese softsubs.
NGB released raws for 20 weeks at the moment.
Thus I think we'll get 720p raws anyway soon.