japanese deserted buildings

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
oberon

japanese deserted buildings

Post by oberon » Apr 22nd, '06, 13:06

he everybody, I saw this link on the jpopsuki forum website and everybody there (including me) loved this site. It is a site about deserted buildings in Japan.
In a lot of pictures you can see how nature takes the building over. It is really cool in my opinion.
And it sometimes creepy because in some buildings the furniture is still there, it's like the inhabitants just disappeared. So what do you think??

http://home.f01.itscom.net/spiral/research.html

Dralion

Post by Dralion » Apr 22nd, '06, 20:53

The pictures range from super awesome to creeptastic.

A lot of the abandoned buildings reminded me of the scenery from Moonchild.
But the one that stood out to me the most were the abandoned theme parks - one had a huge statue from Gullivers travels... weeeeird.

ilovedrama

Post by ilovedrama » Apr 23rd, '06, 07:42

Some very melodramatic & beautiful when you see nature reexerts its domain over man-made buildings once again. It would be interesting to know the history of those buildings as I have a feeling that quite a few of those buildings have some histories to them.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 23rd, '06, 13:50

#4 Kouga Family Land and #10 Kawasaki City Residence SOOOO CREEPY!!!

It's like something out of a horror movie :crazy:

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » Apr 23rd, '06, 14:00

WOW! thx for this link!
I love that kind of places!

8)

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 23rd, '06, 18:43

please note how the URL has "spiral" in it... that's part of Ringu... *eyeshift*

Coincidence?

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Apr 23rd, '06, 18:46

Crazy Penguin wrote:please note how the URL has "spiral" in it... that's part of Ringu... *eyeshift*

Coincidence?
maybe it is or maybe it isn't. maybe we'll all die in 7 days, who knows. **knocks on wood!**

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 23rd, '06, 18:58

5 and 6 are perfect for something creepy...

16 though... hmmm... <Ghostbusters smartass voice> the final picture clearly shows burns caused by supernatural events </Ghostbusters smartass voice> Some of the pictures look as if the place was either looted or abandoned quickly... *cue spooky music*

On a more serious note... I'd love to explore those places...

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Apr 23rd, '06, 19:02

Crazy Penguin wrote: On a more serious note... I'd love to explore those places...
count me out on that one, those places are way too creepy, i wouldn't get 100meters close to those buildings. :pale:

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 23rd, '06, 19:16

All we'd need would be a Buddhist priest with a few good ban prayers to accompany us, just in case :P And maybe a blessed sword or something like that... But well, nothing beats Fox Muldering around in some odd places.

Apart from that, any ghosts that would possibly haunt those places are no match for... Penguin Power!

Now... 4, that's the amusement park where something bad happened. Something really bad. So be afraid, be very afraid.

10 would fit perfectly for something similar to Ju-on, especially with those broken windows.

Note to self: keep this photos as insipration...

On a different note, though, I really love your sig bugsie.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Apr 23rd, '06, 19:20

maybe we can get the pope to join us there?

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 23rd, '06, 19:22

That's always a good idea, and then we can use them as cannonfodder should we get into... troubles...uhmmm... I didn't just say that, did I?

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Apr 23rd, '06, 19:26

oh yeah, you just said it. but somehow i find it a great idea, maybe we can feed them to some testicle eating monster or something like that.

@Crazy Penguin: actually, i find your signature better.

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 24th, '06, 03:13

Hmmm, possibly... Though, going by the conventions of Japanese horror, we'd need at least one cute school girl, who'd be the first to bite the dust.

Na, the penguin cloning facility is better.

oberon

Post by oberon » Apr 24th, '06, 14:17

Dralion wrote:The pictures range from super awesome to creeptastic.

A lot of the abandoned buildings reminded me of the scenery from Moonchild.
But the one that stood out to me the most were the abandoned theme parks - one had a huge statue from Gullivers travels... weeeeird.
In my case it reminded me of Battle royale, with the you know the abonded school and all.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Apr 24th, '06, 14:36

Crazy Penguin wrote:Hmmm, possibly... Though, going by the conventions of Japanese horror, we'd need at least one cute school girl, who'd be the first to bite the dust.

Na, the penguin cloning facility is better.
now you said it, we better start looking for a cute girl in javs.

penguins? let's make them the deus ex machina in the climax. i wonder what skills they can learn through cloning. :scratch:

nalika

Post by nalika » Apr 24th, '06, 15:03

i thought some of the buildings look too nice to be abandoned.... :glare: ...but some are just damn scary... :crazy: i wonder why the people who own decided to abandon the place...

Gir

Post by Gir » Apr 24th, '06, 15:22

Maybe because of the area being unstable from too much underground plasma building up, or perhaps there was a bathhouse for the gods on the property.

*Sits back to see who can recognizes both anime deserted building references*

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 24th, '06, 19:41

Or, Gir, they got a stink god... you know how nasty they are... (the Sen to Chihiro reference was too obvious :P )
bugsie wrote:now you said it, we better start looking for a cute girl in javs.

penguins? let's make them the deus ex machina in the climax. i wonder what skills they can learn through cloning. :scratch:
Problem is, I hate this convention, why do they always kill off the cutest (or at least one of the cutest) first?

So we could as well go for... hmmm... any volunteers? And we need a hero... or heroine... Someone who's brave enough to venture into these areas and drag the rest along. Don't look at me, I'm better as anti-hero or bad guy...