Discuss Korean drama series here.
Bam-Bam

Wolf (MBC, 2006)

Post by Bam-Bam » Jan 22nd, '06, 19:07

Sky's the Limit for Han Ji-min
'Blue Swallow' Costar Set to Take Off After Minor Roles in Hit Dramas, Films

By Kim Tae-jong
Staff Reporter

Han Ji-min, left, with Jang Jin-young, center, and Kim Ju-hyuk in a scene from “Blue Swallow”
As an emerging star, Han Ji-min is attractive and talented enough to go far. But what really sets her apart from other ambitious young actresses is her golden touch for picking the right roles.

In the past three years, she starred in such hit television dramas as ``All In’’ and ``Jewel in the Palace,’’ and finally showed up in a recent film ``Blue Swallow.’’

``I think I’ve been really lucky,’’ Han said during an interview with The Korea Times. ``And I don’t rush into new roles. I usually take the time to think about my roles before choosing my next job, which is part of my personality.’’

Han may find herself even luckier this year as 2006 is the Year of the Dog according to the Chinese zodiac, which runs on a 12-year cycle. The actress was born in 1982, a dog year.

Han started her career in show business while still in high school student, when she starred in a television commercial in 1998. She didn’t dream of becoming a serious actress, but changed her mind after starring in ``All In’’ in 2003, where she played the teenage counterpart of the drama’s main character, played by popular actress Song Hye-gyo.

Han has played mostly cute and feminine characters in TV dramas, but she challenged herself by playing a cute yet ambitious tomboy who dreams of becoming a pilot in her first movie ``Blue Swallow.’’

Han Ji-min
``It was really difficult to shoot a film, but I was able to learn new things about acting through `Blue Swallow,’ which I find really meaningful,’’ Han said.

However, she thinks it is quite sad that people criticize the film. The critics argue that its main character was pro-Japanese, and participated in many propaganda activities during the Japanese colonial rule.

The blockbuster film is a fictional account of the true story of Park Kyong-won, a female pilot in the 1920s, with the addition of fictional characters.

``I don’t think the movie tries to embellish her. It is more about a dream that one tragic woman had during the turbulent period. And actually I’d like to recommend it to all the people with dreams,’’ Han said carefully.

Han is now shooting a coming TV drama ``Wolf (Nukdae),’’ co-starring with Moon Jung-hyuck, also known as Eric from popular boy band ``Shinhwa,’’ and Eum Tae-woong. It will be her first starring role.

``I may be a woman that most female audiences hate because I star in a drama with the two heartthrobs,’’ Han joked.

In ``Wolf,’’ which will be premiered on Jan. 16 on MBC, Han plays a cheerful woman with fatal genetic disease, but is loved by two men with opposite backgrounds.

``I will not try to show something new and change everything, but instead I’ll do my best to show what I can do well,’’ Han said.

e3dward@koreatimes.co.kr
01-08-2006 20:49

http://search.hankooki.com/times/times_ ... m&media=kt

stupoh

Post by stupoh » Jan 24th, '06, 05:58

Just curious, Han Ji Min played as who in "Jewel In The Palace" / "Dae Jang Geum" drama? I couldnt find any information in Drama Wiki..

Poochy

Post by Poochy » Jan 24th, '06, 06:04

I believe she played Shin Bi, DJG's female physician friend. :D

stupoh

Post by stupoh » Jan 24th, '06, 06:18

Ah, right! Now i remember, thanks!

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Jan 24th, '06, 06:20

In ``Wolf,’’ which will be premiered on Jan. 16 on MBC, Han plays a cheerful woman with fatal genetic disease, but is loved by two men with opposite backgrounds.
:glare:
Yargh, not really looking forward to this series though, from the way it sounds so far, plotwise. I really hope it's a lucky year for her then, since she seems to have a gift for picking hits.

stupoh

Post by stupoh » Jan 24th, '06, 06:23

She's in hospital now, btw, due to accident during this drama shot. Hope she'll get better soon :-(

knuts

Post by knuts » Jan 24th, '06, 20:06

stupoh,

are you really in korea? ooh, how much do I envy you
Last edited by knuts on Jan 24th, '06, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jan 24th, '06, 21:46

Han Ji-min She's so freaking cute. :wub:

Last edited by Bam-Bam on Jan 24th, '06, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jan 24th, '06, 22:43

Moon Jung-Hyuk Suffers Serious Injury
(Posted In Asia TV )

People facing health problems in TV Dramas is nothing new, sadly. We reported about Lee Bo-Young's several little accidents on the set of 서동요 (The Ballad of Seo Dong), and recently two young stars faced similar situations. Kim Ah-Joong fainted twice, while shooting 별난여자 별난남자 (The Bizarre Bunch), and Kim Ok-Bin had the same problem while working on the interesting new KBS Drama 안녕하세요, 하느님 (Hello God). Now even Moon Jung-Hyuk and Han Ji-Min were added to the list.

The Shinhwa member-turned actor and young star were shooting a stunt scene for the 3rd Episode of MBC's 늑대 (Wolf), in the neighborhood of Jong-Ro. Moon was shooting a scene where his character tries to protect Han from an incoming car by covering her. But at the end, because the car lost control, he was hit strongly by the impact. People from MBC commented they're still not sure how this will affect the shooting of the show, but it seems Moon hurt himself more than expected (neck, back and knees in particular). After undergoing MRI, Moon will probably have to go through surgery, and there's a big chance he'll have to rest a lot longer than expected. Han hit her head, and suffered no serious injuries, but she's receiving treatment as a result of the big shock. Of course the Drama is the smallest of concerns now, but as 6 scenes for Episode 3, and the majority of Episode 4 still have to be shot, there's a good chance next week they'll show repeats or something else entirely. MBC commented that, since the health of the actors is the most important thing, they'll have to look at that first, and then decide.

If this accident doesn't show Drama producers have to start shooting the ENTIRE show before broadcast, I don't know what will. Between super-pro Kim Jung-Eun going crazy over 루루공주 (Princess Lulu)'s schedule, the various little fainting accidents on several Daily and Weekly TV Dramas, and something a little more serious like this, it's the health of the actors they should care about. Of course, Drama producers tend to shoot shows 'on the fly', so that they can make little chances based on the show's response (add or take off episodes based on popularity, change endings, etc.). We wish a speedy recovery to Han and Moon, and hopefully this bad day will bring 'Wolf' some luck in the future. It certainly needs it. Maybe MBC needs a shaman? How can a station be so unlucky...

We'll update on Moon's condition Monday, on Korean Weekly News.

Ahh, poor guy. Lucky he's still alive. :cry:

knuts

Post by knuts » Jan 25th, '06, 10:14

Bam-Bam wrote:Moon Jung-Hyuk Suffers Serious Injury
(Posted In Asia TV )

People facing health problems in TV Dramas is nothing new, sadly. We reported about Lee Bo-Young's several little accidents on the set of 서동요 (The Ballad of Seo Dong), and recently two young stars faced similar situations. Kim Ah-Joong fainted twice, while shooting 별난여자 별난남자 (The Bizarre Bunch), and Kim Ok-Bin had the same problem while working on the interesting new KBS Drama 안녕하세요, 하느님 (Hello God). Now even Moon Jung-Hyuk and Han Ji-Min were added to the list.

The Shinhwa member-turned actor and young star were shooting a stunt scene for the 3rd Episode of MBC's 늑대 (Wolf), in the neighborhood of Jong-Ro. Moon was shooting a scene where his character tries to protect Han from an incoming car by covering her. But at the end, because the car lost control, he was hit strongly by the impact. People from MBC commented they're still not sure how this will affect the shooting of the show, but it seems Moon hurt himself more than expected (neck, back and knees in particular). After undergoing MRI, Moon will probably have to go through surgery, and there's a big chance he'll have to rest a lot longer than expected. Han hit her head, and suffered no serious injuries, but she's receiving treatment as a result of the big shock. Of course the Drama is the smallest of concerns now, but as 6 scenes for Episode 3, and the majority of Episode 4 still have to be shot, there's a good chance next week they'll show repeats or something else entirely. MBC commented that, since the health of the actors is the most important thing, they'll have to look at that first, and then decide.

If this accident doesn't show Drama producers have to start shooting the ENTIRE show before broadcast, I don't know what will. Between super-pro Kim Jung-Eun going crazy over 루루공주 (Princess Lulu)'s schedule, the various little fainting accidents on several Daily and Weekly TV Dramas, and something a little more serious like this, it's the health of the actors they should care about. Of course, Drama producers tend to shoot shows 'on the fly', so that they can make little chances based on the show's response (add or take off episodes based on popularity, change endings, etc.). We wish a speedy recovery to Han and Moon, and hopefully this bad day will bring 'Wolf' some luck in the future. It certainly needs it. Maybe MBC needs a shaman? How can a station be so unlucky...

We'll update on Moon's condition Monday, on Korean Weekly News.

Ahh, poor guy. Lucky he's still alive. :cry:
Thank you for the up-date. The first report I read on this did not mention anything about it being so serious. Hopefully they will get better soon. Wish them well.

sammer1996

Post by sammer1996 » Jan 28th, '06, 17:59

Eric get well soon.

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jan 29th, '06, 04:01

Hmm,

I don't know if they're going to change the storyline or the production schedule.

Also,

SHINWA is having a new album out, and it seems like Eric's not going to make it for the promotion.

First three episodes are out in RAW form at torrent section.

Anyone doing the subs?
Last edited by Bam-Bam on Jan 29th, '06, 04:47, edited 2 times in total.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jan 29th, '06, 04:07

Bam-Bam wrote:Firs three episodes are out in RAW form at torrent section.

Anyone doing the subs?
The subs will be out shortly :-) We're working on it.

myzticle

Wolf drama

Post by myzticle » Feb 2nd, '06, 04:40

i couldn't fine anything on "wolf" so decided to start one

as u guys know, eric got into a car accident and they had to stop filming the drama...
i saw up to ep 3... was really getting into it.. but just heard that they are stopping the show entirely and replacing it with a new 8 part drama..

what do you guys think about this???

tringo

Post by tringo » Feb 2nd, '06, 14:53

They'll postpone it till May
http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/004994.html
Good decision :-)

babyvox99

Will the Wolf drama be continued?

Post by babyvox99 » Feb 16th, '06, 02:37

I heard that Eric and the other actresses is all better after their accident on the set of Wolf, but are they gonna shoot again? If so, does anyone know when they will start? I heard Eric was hurt kinda badly~..... :cry:

Tristiseye

Post by Tristiseye » Feb 16th, '06, 07:36

Wolf will continue, but it's a matter of getting the actor and actress healthy again. I think I read that it will air again in a couple of months? I forget the exact date, but it will air again.

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 17th, '06, 15:10

i was so looking forward to see this show. but after i heard about the accident, i felt sorry for eric and han. i hope they'll get better soon and finish the show. :-(

sammer1996

Post by sammer1996 » Feb 28th, '06, 22:36

this drama will comeback shooting in March but Eric will join shooting around 15th March. Drama will on air july in weekends.

Jeff66

Post by Jeff66 » Mar 1st, '06, 06:31

I just grabbed this show today off of Clubbox and I noticed that there are quite a few people that are still looking to download this, so I am seeding it right now. I look forward to watching this show a bit later as well.....

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 3rd, '06, 10:10

Who is the main male lead? Is Eric suppose to be the main male lead?

nvm... Eric and uhm are both male leads....

I don't like Eric's character, errrrr!!!!

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 3rd, '06, 11:27

instead of han ji min dying at the end, Eric should be the one dying... using dirty tricks to get a girl, errrrrrr....

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:41

scott12199 wrote:Who is the main male lead? Is Eric suppose to be the main male lead?

nvm... Eric and uhm are both male leads....

I don't like Eric's character, errrrr!!!!
Eric is main male role.He Bae Tae Chul .Guy that play around the girls and unbelieve in love but after he met Han Ji Min he change and learn about love from her.

jav_

Post by jav_ » Mar 8th, '06, 05:35

so they're filming the whole thing first now before releasing it?

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Mar 8th, '06, 14:21

jav_ wrote:so they're filming the whole thing first now before releasing it?
they started releasing the first episodes, but due to the injury of Eric and Ha ji min, it is postponed till May. they'll continue the shooting in may.

jav_

Post by jav_ » Mar 8th, '06, 18:38

i read somewhere...here or soompi that they're starting march 10..and eric is gonna start shooting march13... O.o

vang2k

Post by vang2k » Mar 9th, '06, 04:39

is this drama still going to be aired in may or somewhere later? I want to to see what happens so badly! :cry: Damn! Stuntcar driver needs more common sense than to think he can hit the main leads with a car. :unsure:

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Mar 9th, '06, 17:05

well it may air in march, coz' today i read that Eric is checked out from hospital, which means he got better. so they might begin early.

vang2k

Post by vang2k » Mar 20th, '06, 17:04

since may is coming by are they still going to air in in may or later. whats the 411 now about this show. Can't wait! :D

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 20th, '06, 17:05

vang2k wrote:since may is coming by are they still going to air in in may or later. whats the 411 now about this show. Can't wait! :D
heard it might be aired in July instead of May :unsure:

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Mar 20th, '06, 17:08

CraZyaH wrote:
vang2k wrote:since may is coming by are they still going to air in in may or later. whats the 411 now about this show. Can't wait! :D
heard it might be aired in July instead of May :unsure:
actually, it was pushed back to november from what i heard.

vang2k

Post by vang2k » Mar 21st, '06, 03:09

November?! Noooo! Hopefully next month or before July would be good or else I might lose interest. :unsure:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 21st, '06, 07:28

From Twitch:
X wrote:Seems like the trials and tribulations for MBC's 늑대 (Wolf) will never end. You might remember the show was halted after three episodes in January, when two of the leading stars (Moon Jung-Hyuk and Han Ji-Min) suffered a serious accident on the set. At first the station planned to re-start broadcasting (showing an edited recap of the first three episodes, then the rest) in May, which then became July. With Moon and Han out of the hospital and their health improving, the shoot was supposed to restart this Month, but a new development emerged. According to MBC reps, producers Chorok Media moved that date to November, and that's only when shooting will begin. What's even more interesting is that, while the leading trio will remain the same, it's not a guarantee we will be seeing the same 'Wolf', or even a show along those lines. This could be a blessing in disguise, as the first three episodes of the show weren't exactly high quality, despite the actors trying hard (and I admit I was enjoying Eom Tae-Woong's character quite a bit), and ratings were pretty average. Now we might be dealing with an entirely new Drama, which in a way could be much better for MBC. Many things could change between now and late 2006, so who knows? Maybe they might hit it big later.

vang2k

Post by vang2k » Mar 21st, '06, 17:20

darn u MBC! now theres nothing else out that interests me. :-(

nrg_hot330

Re: Wolf drama

Post by nrg_hot330 » Mar 21st, '06, 19:40

myzticle wrote:i couldn't fine anything on "wolf" so decided to start one

as u guys know, eric got into a car accident and they had to stop filming the drama...
i saw up to ep 3... was really getting into it.. but just heard that they are stopping the show entirely and replacing it with a new 8 part drama..

what do you guys think about this???
there was several forum sites that has infos about WOLF. go to asiandb.. i think linkz were there.

sammer1996

Post by sammer1996 » Apr 14th, '06, 20:05

Now.Wolf had postponed until end this year but MBC not confirm will shooting Wolf continious or make new drama but the same cast.

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Apr 16th, '06, 14:39

again?? i thought they r gonna atart the shooting, since Eric is out of hospital.

RedCoral

Post by RedCoral » Apr 17th, '06, 02:46

Sounds good :-) anyone with eps 1,2,3 still on their computer and would like to share please seed.....many thx :D

vang2k

Post by vang2k » Apr 18th, '06, 17:21

you can download it off clubbox. You can dl it free without an account going there http://www.asian-hq.com/iyagi/index.php?cat=29
please don't ask how to use clubbox. its really easy. just click the links and if you dont have clubbx installed just go download it from clubbox.

RedCoral

Post by RedCoral » Apr 19th, '06, 21:34

vang2k wrote:you can download it off clubbox. You can dl it free without an account going there http://www.asian-hq.com/iyagi/index.php?cat=29
please don't ask how to use clubbox. its really easy. just click the links and if you dont have clubbx installed just go download it from clubbox.

Thx watching it right now :D :cheers:

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Apr 21st, '06, 06:37

Wouldn't it be just weird to see the same cast back again in a new dorama since we all just saw them in wolf..Well hopefully if they do decide now to continue Wolf, I will be sad, since it was pretty good (and really short lived..omg 3 eps..what a way to go)..Hopefully the new dorama will be as good as this

RedCoral

Post by RedCoral » Jun 20th, '06, 22:11

I was watching Eric :wub: in Xman GermanyWorld Cup Special …looking good, and I was wondering if anyone had any late breaking news about Wolf .

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Jun 24th, '06, 22:14

wow, u seem like u can predict something.. i just watched that show yesterday. eric was... man, so hotttttttttttttttttttttttttt. awwwwwww. smoking".
and Dongwan was cute tooo. Minwoo's dance was funny but awesome. and Andy was doing his heart moves..lol. so cute

drama4lyfe

Post by drama4lyfe » Jun 25th, '06, 21:40

This show is canceled guys. They were talking about it at soompi.

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Jun 26th, '06, 19:08

oh no.... which section of soompi?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jun 26th, '06, 19:17

Too bad they're going to cancel this series. I like this series too. heard Eric and Lee Dae Hae will do a new series together...I want to see that one. should be good.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 26th, '06, 19:21

crazylife123 wrote:Too bad they're going to cancel this series. I like this series too. heard Eric and Lee Dae Hae will do a new series together...I want to see that one. should be good.
Yeah the new drama even sounds a little similar to wolf :roll

But I think its the right decision. MBC has the best drama of all time :mrgreen: running right now with very good ratings...so why bring back drama with bad ratings.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 26th, '06, 19:23

WroW wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Too bad they're going to cancel this series. I like this series too. heard Eric and Lee Dae Hae will do a new series together...I want to see that one. should be good.

ooh..yepyep..i fink WithS2 is goin to sub "Sweet Guy" thats the new drama's title.. ^^

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 26th, '06, 19:24

fairytwix wrote:
WroW wrote:

ooh..yepyep..i fink WithS2 is goin to sub "Sweet Guy" thats the new drama's title.. ^^
Exactly...since Wolf was on hold till now and now we can move on to this one. Hope it will be good :glare:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jun 26th, '06, 19:36

WroW wrote:

But I think its the right decision. MBC has the best drama of all time :mrgreen: running right now with very good ratings...so why bring back drama with bad ratings.
WroW...havent talk to you for awhile...so 'Wolf' didnt receive good ratings?

Is "Great Inheritance" doing well? since the lead actress of 'Wolf' is in it.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 26th, '06, 20:33

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:

Hehe yes..I havent asked you for a long time about any chinese series :roll

No Great Inheritance is doing even worse..ratings around 9% .And if you want to see the lead actress watch Reurrection,I remember telling you about it some time ago. But if you want to see a great current kdrama or how I call it "the best historical drama of all time" you should watch Jumong.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Jun 26th, '06, 20:48

WroW wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:

Hehe yes..I havent asked you for a long time about any chinese series :roll

No Great Inheritance is doing even worse..ratings around 9% .And if you want to see the lead actress watch Reurrection,I remember telling you about it some time ago. But if you want to see a great current kdrama or how I call it "the best historical drama of all time" you should watch Jumong.

hahah..i agree..JuMong is better than wut i thot it wud be!! hehe.. ~ promoting promoting..hahah.. ^^ ikno its off topic...but hey..there's no more 'Wolf' right? ~ i do hope that 'Sweet Guy' is going to be good..lol.after all..its Eric Moon oppa and Lee Da Hae!! hehehe.. :whistling: :whistling:

RedCoral

Post by RedCoral » Jun 26th, '06, 20:53

Oh no...too bad about Wofl, I want to see anything with Eric, so I looking forward to sweet guy.

vang2k

Post by vang2k » Jun 29th, '06, 20:32

Sweet Guy :lol I hope they don't give that lady the same weird disease again where she goes deaf and loses conscience. why must the girls always have to have like a heart transplant, cancer, hearing problems, and mean parents/no parents. Hope they come out with this Sweet Guy drama soon because theres nothing out that interests me besides Wolf but now that its cancelled... :cry: