What's your MAJOR??

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
harliey_nick

Post by harliey_nick » Feb 14th, '06, 14:04

me,no going to enroll to health science class for a year as a requirement to take medicine :D don't know yet but medicine is a really really fun profession!hehe...well don't know what else to say...see,i don't really have anything else in mind except med ever since i was small so hmmm u can say it's my goal since i was little...hehe...

:wub:

shneen

Post by shneen » Feb 14th, '06, 17:40

xKiMix wrote: haven't been in this thread for awhile, i'm still stuck guys! i thought i found what i wanted to do but i just can't find my heart in it pale I having an appointment with my counselor this coming monday, hopefully he/she will be able to help me. Its just that this is such a big decision i really dont want to mess up in.....
I have 2 majors - International Business and International Studies, as well as minors in Japanese and Asian Studies. Hopefully you've been able to gain some insight into this matter, but let me just say that once upon a time, I was in your shoes.

And 3 majors later, I finally found something I really like.

I started as a computer engineering major. And I HATED it. I hated it after the first semester. Staying up until the wee hours of the morning trying to figure out where I'd forgotten a semi-colon in my code wasn't really my bag. So I switched - to Management Information Systems 2nd semester of my freshman year, and started taking my core business classes.

My junior year I got the brilliant idea that I needed to run away to Japan for awhile to improve on my Japanese and get away from the typical University setting. And I LOVED it over there. And it changed EVERYTHING for me. Prior to my study abroad, if my plans for the future were an etch-a-sketch, Japan took them and shook them all up and drew something else.

I came home and switched to International Business 2nd semester of my Junior year.

I'm finishing up my last year in school right now - hopefully will graduate in December. I'll have a degree in International Business and a degree in International Studies (I just added that major last semester).

So it's just a matter of finding what works right for you. I'm on major number 3 and 4. A number of my friends are as well..... and I know people who are juniors and seniors who still haven't figured it out yet. But who knows? It all depends on what you're interested in - and that can change. When I first started college I thought I wanted to fix computers for a living.

Now I want to do something with International Relations/Asian Studies/anything I can use my Japanese at.

I'm also one of those people who would have a major in Japanese - if only my school had one. But unfortunately, they only offer 3 years of Japanese here - only enough for a minor.

I'm not sure where you're at in your education - but you can always start off with general studies or something to get a feel for some different areas to see if you like them. And changing your major a couple of times doesn't necessarily set you back a whole bunch - I'll be graduating in 4 1/2 years, despite all the times I've changed. But I think the important thing to keep in mind is that even if you decide on something now, you're probably going to change a lot within the few years that you are in school, and your interests may change with you. Just try new things and you'll find something that you love.

dsnowv

Post by dsnowv » Feb 14th, '06, 20:32

harliey_nick wrote:me,no going to enroll to health science class for a year as a requirement to take medicine :D don't know yet but medicine is a really really fun profession!hehe...well don't know what else to say...see,i don't really have anything else in mind except med ever since i was small so hmmm u can say it's my goal since i was little...hehe..
'Really really fun profession'? Seriously, I would qualify med many ways but I can hardly say it's fun. I can say medecine is certainly interesting and challenging and quite self-fulfilling in the way you do feel you made a difference in someone's life. But fun? Not after weeks of 90 working hours per week. It pretty much leaves you with the feeling you have no life, especially when you've been on-call for many week-ends in a row. This certainly is not meant to discourage you. Med is a sweet and sour pill to swallow. You lived for it and have to like it very much to do it. But I don't find it's a fun fun profession. Maybe not now, it's beyond me to say it's fun when I'm in my worst mood for been sleep-deprived and work-consumed. :goggle:

But if it's what you like, go for it girl. And good luck! :thumleft:

lunz888

Post by lunz888 » Feb 14th, '06, 20:48

I majored in Computer Engineering as well, but half-way through, I changed it to Computer Information Systems. CE is just not for me...

I don't really like CIS... but as I said, I was half-way through. And Since I don't like to deal with programming that much, CIS is the only major next to CE , so that I could substitute most of the courses in CE before...

Nonetheless, I'm planning to pursue my master degree in Art later on this fall... that's what I really like... dued to a family reason, I couldn't take that major in my undergrad, but I'm glad this time I probably could ... :wub:

Lesson learned: never never never take something that you're not interested in.. :pale:
:wub: omg.. can't help it.. he's just way too cute :wub:

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Feb 14th, '06, 22:13

shneen wrote:
xKiMix wrote: haven't been in this thread for awhile, i'm still stuck guys! i thought i found what i wanted to do but i just can't find my heart in it pale I having an appointment with my counselor this coming monday, hopefully he/she will be able to help me. Its just that this is such a big decision i really dont want to mess up in.....
I have 2 majors - International Business and International Studies, as well as minors in Japanese and Asian Studies. Hopefully you've been able to gain some insight into this matter, but let me just say that once upon a time, I was in your shoes.

And 3 majors later, I finally found something I really like.

I started as a computer engineering major. And I HATED it. I hated it after the first semester. Staying up until the wee hours of the morning trying to figure out where I'd forgotten a semi-colon in my code wasn't really my bag. So I switched - to Management Information Systems 2nd semester of my freshman year, and started taking my core business classes.

My junior year I got the brilliant idea that I needed to run away to Japan for awhile to improve on my Japanese and get away from the typical University setting. And I LOVED it over there. And it changed EVERYTHING for me. Prior to my study abroad, if my plans for the future were an etch-a-sketch, Japan took them and shook them all up and drew something else.

I came home and switched to International Business 2nd semester of my Junior year.

I'm finishing up my last year in school right now - hopefully will graduate in December. I'll have a degree in International Business and a degree in International Studies (I just added that major last semester).

So it's just a matter of finding what works right for you. I'm on major number 3 and 4. A number of my friends are as well..... and I know people who are juniors and seniors who still haven't figured it out yet. But who knows? It all depends on what you're interested in - and that can change. When I first started college I thought I wanted to fix computers for a living.

Now I want to do something with International Relations/Asian Studies/anything I can use my Japanese at.

I'm also one of those people who would have a major in Japanese - if only my school had one. But unfortunately, they only offer 3 years of Japanese here - only enough for a minor.

I'm not sure where you're at in your education - but you can always start off with general studies or something to get a feel for some different areas to see if you like them. And changing your major a couple of times doesn't necessarily set you back a whole bunch - I'll be graduating in 4 1/2 years, despite all the times I've changed. But I think the important thing to keep in mind is that even if you decide on something now, you're probably going to change a lot within the few years that you are in school, and your interests may change with you. Just try new things and you'll find something that you love.
Thank you very much for your input! Right now i'm a freshmen in college, and my "intended major" is computer science and engineering. Probably the only thing i'm sure of is minoring in Japanese. :lol Even though i'm not fully sure of this major, i think i will be able to enjoy it. Ever since i found out about computers i fell in love with it.
lunz888 wrote:Lesson learned: never never never take something that you're not interested in..
This is what i was thinking when nursing was my major, i thought can i really do something for the rest of my life that i really don't like doing? Continuous painful thinking caused me to realize that i would make a very big mistake if i were to pursue something i dont like. So now i'm trying to find something that i enjoy and will benefit me.
Thanks to twinnie for the beautiful sig and to other BONchu''s!

coolio_amanda

Post by coolio_amanda » Feb 17th, '06, 07:41

i'm going to take graphic design then maybe interior design :D

DJ_Chopstix

Post by DJ_Chopstix » Feb 17th, '06, 17:01

computer science for me =)

shizoeke

Post by shizoeke » Feb 17th, '06, 17:27

i'm now in computer sciences majoring in system/hardware.. :-) .now i'm in second year i dont have to do all the programming...thank god i didn't choose majoring in programming..programmin makes u wanna bang ur head at the wall :crazy: figure out why u cant run the program. :cussing: ..now with system majoring..i have to deal with robot :scratch: ...can any1 help me to program my robot.. :mrgreen: .hehehee

callmesue

Post by callmesue » Feb 18th, '06, 05:15

I'm not in college yet but I want to major in History or Sociology..or even Politics. Haven't decided yet.

nilucky

Post by nilucky » Feb 19th, '06, 17:35

lunz888 wrote:I majored in Computer Engineering as well, but half-way through, I changed it to Computer Information Systems. CE is just not for me...

I don't really like CIS... but as I said, I was half-way through. And Since I don't like to deal with programming that much, CIS is the only major next to CE , so that I could substitute most of the courses in CE before...

Nonetheless, I'm planning to pursue my master degree in Art later on this fall... that's what I really like... dued to a family reason, I couldn't take that major in my undergrad, but I'm glad this time I probably could ... :wub:

Lesson learned: never never never take something that you're not interested in.. :pale:
I agree with you, never take something that you're not interested in :-( . I'm in the same situation. No one in my family likes art, so i took Computer sciences and :cry: :cry: but finally, i'll graduate this summer. I'm in two mind about going to get a job and pursueing art major because art will take time.

htl87

Post by htl87 » Mar 25th, '06, 16:02

biology for me

FoxxiDork95

Post by FoxxiDork95 » Mar 26th, '06, 02:18

you know the usual. Biochem!! . I hated science, so I double major in History. The funny thing is that when I got into tje sciences it wasn't my choice, and now I just love it with all my heart, gut, and soul. hehe. History is a wack-ass major; I really don't learn anything in there except "facts," and to tell the truth History is lame because it's mostly memorization. Sciences on the other hand delivers true knowledge. Isn't it so wonderful know what you're made of? Why you're here? it's just the greatest feeling when you, literally, know about life. =) that's just my two cents anyway. =)

peanutsfuji

Post by peanutsfuji » Mar 26th, '06, 02:27

Computer Engineering here. Anybody majoring in "women's studies"? I know a couple of guys who plan to spend the rest of their lives studying women.

Katashi Takishiro

Post by Katashi Takishiro » Mar 26th, '06, 02:34

Culinary is my major. Japanese is my minor starting this fall. My main goal is to study and specialize in japanese cuisine, eventually get an intership to study at the source, or find company that needs or deals in English cooks with a knowledge of Japanese and work for them in japan.

Once I get to japan, u'll have to drag me out of there. I will never leave. I want to work on becoming a citizen in japan once there, and living the rest of my life and dying there.

Why u ask? Cause I hate american culture, and I tire of how rude everyone is here. I know ppl care about there loved ones, but out on the roads, in stores, etc nobody cares about anyone but themselves. Its disgusting and pathetic to me and I'm sick of living here with ppl like that. Plus america has this ensatiable lust to stick ours noses in the worlds affairs instead of dealing with our own problems 1st...{I hate politics, {this is not a flame or challenge but just a statement from my point of view}}......

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Mar 26th, '06, 05:43

Wow...I agree with you. I really dislike it as well. American culture is so disgustic sometimes. So they have "Family Values" and stuff but what about everyone else? Now, I never been to Japan, but I'm pretty sure they're much more nicer than they are here.

Anyway, back to the topic. I think I posted mine a while back, but there's no harm in posting it again.. I think it changed anyway.. I plan on getting my Bachelors Degree in Information System Securty or "ISS" while minoring in Japanese. I don't know how far the University here offers for Japanese but I want to go to the furthest one. After that, I hope to work for an American company first then transfering over to Japan. If I do manage to transfer, I plan on actually looking for another job myself and hope to find a better one. I maybe want to manage Networks and work with security..I'm not sure. I may want to be a Tech Translator. I also plan on working on my Citizenship and hope to eventually naturalize here. I don't want to go back or hear about America in any way, except for family.

That was pretty long, don't know if anyone will read it. :P

disko

Post by disko » Mar 26th, '06, 11:38

at the moment i'm second year computer science.

over the past year+bit i've gone from loving computers to hating them - to top it off my university is going down the frackin' drain, this year they've changed my course guidelines so now I can't continue japanese subjects along side it (you can't minor in anything with it, and they killed the double degree arts/compsci before i started).

i could transfer to a double degree at a better university - but this would be much more expensive and a longer degree. time and money i could be spending in japan/korea/anywherebuthere.

right now i feel as though i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place :| だめだ。 the lack of social life also kind of sucks heh.

allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by allredndizzy » Mar 26th, '06, 13:11

i took information management... hehe! i guess u know that already from my other posts :P neweiz it's a combination of computer science (read: programming languages such as VB, ASP, C, etc.) and business administration (read: management, human resource, organizational theory) anyway in my opinion, you should take a course that would let you have jobs that you could picture yourself doing for the next couple of years... my first course was commerce (i have the option to take accountancy, business administration, and economics as major) but i realized that if i took that course, it would mean jobs that are not-so-flexible (8am-5pm) and typical officework.. it doesn't quite appeal to me that's why i shifted to another course.. anyway, whatever major you take..it doesn't mean that you'll be chained to that for the rest of your life.. u can still take other supplementary courses to further enrich yourself.. i for one don't plan on being a programmer my whole life, i have other dreams like being a writer, an interior designer, photographer, animator hehe! madami! :P neweiz what i'm trying to say is you can still be all you want to be... you have all the time in the world to be it.. so don't stress too much ok? cliche as it may sound, just choose what your heart desires 8)
Last edited by allredndizzy on Apr 2nd, '06, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
MY CURRENT FAVE: Dr. Kkaeng

archs13

Post by archs13 » Mar 26th, '06, 20:28

im taking the typical filipino major now he he.. nursing!!! but its not gonna be only nursing im taking so yeah.. i feel like i gotta get the degree that has the most demand in jobs right now so that i can just work and go to school again for something else.. i dont think im gonna stick with one degree thats why..

FujiSenpai

Post by FujiSenpai » Mar 26th, '06, 20:39

i guess i go outta the box w/ all the engineering ppl..i'm majorin in accounting...i'm on my second year..so far it been good and i'm likin it...IRS here i come..hopefully i work for them..that would be sweet..actually knowing that some people are afraid of me..

chronos-

Post by chronos- » Mar 26th, '06, 20:57

just graduated with a comp sci degree. doing programming for a game company now.

android_04

Post by android_04 » Mar 26th, '06, 21:06

I am a 2nd year student in computer engineering. So much work and not time for dramas or sleep :cry:

Aprisea

Post by Aprisea » Mar 26th, '06, 21:28

Second year student of publicity Graphic Designer ^^
~Asian Music Rulz!~

aiya14

Post by aiya14 » Mar 26th, '06, 21:47

im doing finance and accounting with a minor in chinese and japanese.i like my foreign language courses more.. although it's good to know how to finance your money and accounting lets you know where your money is going. I think after taking all these classes i'm more conscious about spending and how to make my money work for me. ^_^

k_chocolat

Post by k_chocolat » Mar 26th, '06, 21:55

my major is undecided as of now. but i'll be a psychology major next year :-)

Ashurii

Post by Ashurii » Mar 29th, '06, 00:50

I was an engineering major but I quickly (well year and a half of quick) realized that I hated engineering.. my major since then is Japanese. I'm a senior-ish now and plan on getting my master's and becoming a translator. :lol

sejabin

Post by sejabin » Mar 29th, '06, 01:02

archs13 wrote:im taking the typical filipino major now he he.. nursing!!! but its not gonna be only nursing im taking so yeah.. i feel like i gotta get the degree that has the most demand in jobs right now so that i can just work and go to school again for something else.. i dont think im gonna stick with one degree thats why..
LoL. Me too. My major is Nursing ( for now)
credit: beautifulxmess

VyVy

Post by VyVy » Mar 29th, '06, 01:17

I graduated 9 nine yrs ago:
Major in Sociology
Bs Social Sciences (Social worker)
But since graduation, I never had a chance to work as Social Worker. I end up working in marketing dept for a paper company. That's life!

requiem

Post by requiem » Mar 30th, '06, 05:28

Hmmm... I hope I'm not alone in this one >_<

I'm a music major, currently finishing my sophomore year as a baritone (mid-low vocal range) in Vocal Performance. I sing opera mainly, but have also done various concert repertoire, German Lieder and Foreign art songs, musical theatre, jazz songs, slam poetry, spoken theatre, and pop music ranging from Christian to R&B. I'm also rapidly getting good at the piano...I think. T_T;;

Not really trying to brag, I just like to make my "presence" with music known. I'm also thinking of minoring in asian language studies, or music composition/education as well. Someday I plan to write an opera in Japanese or something...if I ever have the time (I take 9 classes a term, 12-16 hour day depending on what classes or what I have to practice.) All for the joy of singing. ^_^

leo008

Post by leo008 » Apr 12th, '06, 19:05

xKiMix wrote:
shneen wrote:
xKiMix wrote:
This is what i was thinking when nursing was my major, i thought can i really do something for the rest of my life that i really don't like doing? Continuous painful thinking caused me to realize that i would make a very big mistake if i were to pursue something i dont like. So now i'm trying to find something that i enjoy and will benefit me.
Hey glad you decided what you want. I was the same too, I couldn't really decide between a few subjects but then decided on which I was interested in the most at the time.
Adversity doesn''t build character, it reveals it...

Genmai_cha

Post by Genmai_cha » Apr 12th, '06, 20:40

Try taking a counseling class for a career. It really helps a lot if I didn't realize it sooner.

IT Major and working in the field... since it has gotten boring to me I'm going back to school for Graphic Design and Marketing.

Try taking a Personality Assessment test. Take note on the instruction that is given.

Please answer according to who you are, instead of who you want to be.
http://www.truecolorscareer.com/quiz.asp

sn0flake

Post by sn0flake » Apr 12th, '06, 21:03

i'm an actuarial science major. well, ain't really sure whether that's what i wanna do but i guess i can still switch :scratch: don't really know what to do either :lol

S_p_h

Post by S_p_h » Apr 14th, '06, 21:00

I'll begin philosophy next year :3

SlightlyTempted

Post by SlightlyTempted » Apr 15th, '06, 16:16

Criminal Justice & minoring in Political Science
Obsession:♡ Matsumoto Jun ♡ He Jun Xiang ♡ Joo Ji Hoon ♡ Kim Jung Hoon ♡ Kim Sung Soo ♡ Image

myke

Post by myke » Apr 15th, '06, 16:27

From Engineering Department..
Major in Civil Engineering ( B.A)...
3rd year student... :lol :lol

android_04

Post by android_04 » Apr 15th, '06, 17:56

I saw this on a guy's shirt in my Calc 3 class. I liked it so much that I copied it down in my notebook. Not to diss on anybody's major, but it is kind of funny. My major is computer engineering, but I have 2 friends that switched to business from engineering :D
Attachments
BusinessMajor.png
BusinessMajor.png (27.05 KiB) Viewed 3562 times

babycurious

Post by babycurious » Apr 15th, '06, 22:02

from the dentistry world here
been graduated...but the workingmarket in my homecountry was not promising....so i'm trying to adapt in another country,.....just for the future sake
offcourse i need to redo my years again.....sigh.....
but i like studying....at least i can delay my years in the work ....don't really like working........to many responsibility and routinity for me

the_secret

Post by the_secret » Apr 18th, '06, 01:14

im gonna take nursing as my major cause 1 its easy to find a job 2 with a job there money 3. i can buy korean drama's

hehehe :D

jade109

Post by jade109 » Apr 18th, '06, 01:23

android_04 wrote:I saw this on a guy's shirt in my Calc 3 class. I liked it so much that I copied it down in my notebook. Not to diss on anybody's major, but it is kind of funny. My major is computer engineering, but I have 2 friends that switched to business from engineering :D
O man that is hilarious :lol I know what you mean!! hahaha Most of my friends switch from BIOL to Business after they take organic chemistry!! I'm still a Bio major/ chem minor. One more year and im done :cheers:

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Apr 18th, '06, 01:24

My major is Japanese ^__^

the_secret

Post by the_secret » Apr 18th, '06, 01:53

Eliza wrote:My major is Japanese ^__^
wow i envy you if i have a choice i would love studying different languages

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Apr 18th, '06, 01:56

I'm going into college next year, and I'm going to be double degreeing in Biomedical Engineering and Business. =) Hope it goes well for me...I have always wanted to go into biomedical engineering...and learning about business is a hobby of mine. =D
Image and Image
Currently Watching: Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Buzzer Beat, Orthros no Inu, Otomen, TEIOH

ovo

Post by ovo » Apr 18th, '06, 02:02

I have a BS in Biology, minored in Psych. Will have my second BS by May in Nursing...loving it!!!

LYF7anatic

Post by LYF7anatic » Apr 18th, '06, 02:02

the_secret wrote:
How about take them as your elective courses? :unsure:

Eileithyia

Post by Eileithyia » Apr 18th, '06, 05:42

i'm going into college next year, and I'm going to be double degreeing in Biomedical Engineering and Business. =) Hope it goes well for me...I have always wanted to go into biomedical engineering...and learning about business is a hobby of mine. =D [
when once of ur major is Engineering. double major? do you want die?

my major is MIS.

happypiano

Post by happypiano » Apr 20th, '06, 00:39

B.A. in Chemistry... and i'm not even good at science XD

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Apr 20th, '06, 00:41

happypiano wrote:B.A. in Chemistry... and i'm not even good at science XD
Shouldn't it be a B.S. if it's chemistry?

2003 UCSD Bioengneering B.S. here (POS degree)
-Qwin-

happypiano

Post by happypiano » Apr 20th, '06, 02:03

Daijoubu wrote:
happypiano wrote:B.A. in Chemistry... and i'm not even good at science XD
Shouldn't it be a B.S. if it's chemistry?

2003 UCSD Bioengneering B.S. here (POS degree)
there's 2: B.A. is better if you plan on going into the medical field. B.S. for more hardcore science studies, like scientists and other lab work. ^^

the_secret

Post by the_secret » Apr 20th, '06, 02:32

LYF7anatic wrote:
the_secret wrote:
How about take them as your elective courses? :unsure:
i wish i can but im already full load

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Apr 20th, '06, 02:45

hopefully a BA in ethnic studies minoring in asian studies in a few weeks. :P

norz

Post by norz » Apr 22nd, '06, 17:45

got a B.Sc in compsci and after a year of working in a hole, now going to study animation !!

Milai Sapphire

Post by Milai Sapphire » Apr 22nd, '06, 19:17

myke wrote:From Engineering Department..
Yay! Civil Engineering. I think I replied in this thread already, but the last I did I was a Mechanical engineering major. I switched to lovely Civil Eng. <3 <3 Only a second year. Almost going to be a third year soon. I wanna do Architecture for grad school. :lol

disko

Post by disko » Apr 23rd, '06, 17:12

norz wrote:got a B.Sc in compsci and after a year of working in a hole, now going to study animation !!
**** I know, what is it about compsci that seems so great - reality paints such an increadibly boring picture.

*attempting to transfer soon*

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Apr 25th, '06, 04:50

I'm a 2nd year student in Computer Networking ^-^

KevinNx

Post by KevinNx » Apr 25th, '06, 04:57

im studying to becoming a CIA (Central Intelligence Agency )

i dont kno...just something im interested. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pink1e

Post by pink1e » Jun 17th, '06, 08:04

I'm currently taking advertising but I'm working towards fashion design afterwards.

Try to figure out whether you like medical or computer. sure these earn you big money but it's not for everyone. i was going to take pharmacy but when i took chemistry it sucked so i didn't go into pharmacy. computer work is too boring for me because it doesn't change often. but what i recommend is to do all your GE (general education) first and during the summer or winter session go to a community college to take 2 courses, one in medical and the other in computer to see if you like it. you probably have 2 years to figure out what major you want. if you don't like those two find out what else interests you and take a class and find out. good luck!

emykina

Post by emykina » Jun 17th, '06, 08:13

am now in final semester taking degree in civil engineering at university technology PETRONAS, Malaysia. ever heard about PETRONAS? i will be graduate soon.. my convocation is in August this year :D and i wil start working this july, 10. day after world cup final match. haha thinking of that, am sure i will be so much sleepy on my first day working since the match here will be airing live at 2am :-(

and soon as i start working.. i will also start saving money so that i can go to korea, japan and taiwan one day.. as promised with my friends that are crazy about J,K and T drama too :lol
Last edited by emykina on Jun 17th, '06, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.

emykina

Post by emykina » Jun 17th, '06, 08:15

Milai Sapphire wrote:
myke wrote:From Engineering Department..
Yay! Civil Engineering. I think I replied in this thread already, but the last I did I was a Mechanical engineering major. I switched to lovely Civil Eng. <3 <3 Only a second year. Almost going to be a third year soon. I wanna do Architecture for grad school. :lol
8) another civil engineer here :cheers:

ydode

Post by ydode » Jun 20th, '06, 16:08

im in my final year studying chemical engineering.. is anybody here taking this course here? hoping to meet some.. i will go 4 my practical training next semester and then i will graduate.. :cheers: what a release since i have been studying for about 6 years.. :D :D

Duet

Post by Duet » Jun 20th, '06, 19:40

I major in. Gigolology.

LOL KIDDING!

OR am I?

English mostly. and art.

but i dont think that counts.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jun 20th, '06, 19:45

*waving frantically here* i am a chem eng major! currently a rising junior. don't want to graduate so fast.... i still want to be in college.will be graduating in 2 years

ikadoodledoo

Post by ikadoodledoo » Jun 20th, '06, 19:52

Literature

usagibun

Post by usagibun » Jun 20th, '06, 20:07

Human Biology major - hoping to become a doctor one day but I think all those Johnny's boys are gettin' in the way ....

chiaren

Post by chiaren » Jun 21st, '06, 02:27

Nursing student :blink

the_secret

Post by the_secret » Jun 21st, '06, 05:45

im taking up the typical filipino course which is NURSING.. but if i have a choice most probably ill take up political science or languages....

FionnEdan

Post by FionnEdan » Jun 21st, '06, 06:10

im takin health science as a major, it suks that im kinda limited on wat i can choose but for rite now its good. i always like psychology as a major although i nvr took any classes for psych, biology is interesting but ehh dissecting stuff aint most ppls thing haha,
maybe u can try hospitality , non offense but my cousin is going to do that and if it works out he can open his own restaurant, try different things see wat u like 2 do,

volunteering at the hospital was thje best, the doctors almost tricked me into bringing lunch to a dead body - sry bout the thought but yyea

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Jun 23rd, '06, 14:35

Graphic Media major. if u like designing stuff on the computer, and are interested in how things are printed and such =)

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Jun 23rd, '06, 14:42

BSc in Computer Science... but planning to move on to Linguistics :wub:
꼬라지하고 는!!! -One of my favorite phrase from Na Sang Shil/Anna Jo from ''Fantasy Couple''- :lol

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Jun 23rd, '06, 14:47

major right now?.... family psychology and drama....

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » Jun 26th, '06, 04:00

Majoring in Communication and Information - need to study harder.

Minoring in animes, jdramas, eating and sleeping - getting straight As for these stuff.

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Jun 26th, '06, 04:10

Undergrad - English
Grad- Elem. School Teaching

YES! A Teacher of ankle-bitters....gotta love them ankle-bitters

Pe Elle

Post by Pe Elle » Jun 26th, '06, 04:13

comp sci

HeyRichy

Post by HeyRichy » Jun 27th, '06, 23:39

Something to do with Law, I'll probaly take the "Pre-Law" Major once the time comes so I can then move on to Law School. And then hopefully become a lawyer or something. This stuff just isn't easy...sigh

ChristinePak

International Business

Post by ChristinePak » Jun 27th, '06, 23:41

International Business... I plan to work in Korea after I get my MBA to be with my family~~

rumstocker

Accounting

Post by rumstocker » Jun 28th, '06, 15:58

ACCOUNTING! fun

angelemei

Post by angelemei » Jun 29th, '06, 14:35

dsnowv wrote:
harliey_nick wrote:me,no going to enroll to health science class for a year as a requirement to take medicine :D don't know yet but medicine is a really really fun profession!hehe...well don't know what else to say...see,i don't really have anything else in mind except med ever since i was small so hmmm u can say it's my goal since i was little...hehe..
'Really really fun profession'? Seriously, I would qualify med many ways but I can hardly say it's fun. I can say medecine is certainly interesting and challenging and quite self-fulfilling in the way you do feel you made a difference in someone's life. But fun? Not after weeks of 90 working hours per week. It pretty much leaves you with the feeling you have no life, especially when you've been on-call for many week-ends in a row. This certainly is not meant to discourage you. Med is a sweet and sour pill to swallow. You lived for it and have to like it very much to do it. But I don't find it's a fun fun profession. Maybe not now, it's beyond me to say it's fun when I'm in my worst mood for been sleep-deprived and work-consumed. :goggle:

But if it's what you like, go for it girl. And good luck! :thumleft:
Totally agree with the above!
It's not exactly 'fun' to get to the point of practicing bliss, but it's certainly fulfilling in its own way.

Thank goodness for the 80 hour capped work weeks here in the USA for interns/residents. I think after residency, it should be a little better, unless you go into neurosurgery which would mean 7 years of residency hell (overnight call every 2 nights) and then a lifetime of being in the operating room. Be prepared for overnight calls in the hospital for most residency programs of at least every 4 days.... ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Med school's not that easy either... after you get in. If you're in the US... be prepared to be taking exams for the rest of your life.

If you can stand all that, you're ready for a life as a physician! It's an awesome, altruistic career when you can look past all that logistics nonesense.

Good luck to you! I hope you choose it since you sound so passionate about it :D
Currently working on:
Outsiders I ep 12 - english subs
Translation: 5% Timing: 5%
Finished Projects:
Outsiders I ep 4-11 - english subs (updated 2/13/07)