AngelSerenityPrincess wrote: no its not her dream
someone must not have watch the drama
tell him or her
watch it before saying some untrue stuff
I was just saying someone told me
i actually thought so too
and i did watch the drama
are you even sure if it's true or not?
ok for those who want to know whether the "story/imagination" thing is true,read the following spoiler
No ,it was not a dream,I've watched the last episode..so please stop talking about this ^^ ,even if it were a dream,they wouldn't mention that,or else how could they have a 2nd season for it?
:whistling:

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Apr 4th, '06, 04:11

CraZyaH wrote:
HopelessxRomantic wrote:
AngelSerenityPrincess wrote: ok for those who want to know whether the "story/imagination" thing is true,read the following spoiler
No ,it was not a dream,I've watched the last episode..so please stop talking about this ^^ ,even if it were a dream,they wouldn't mention that,or else how could they have a 2nd season for it?
:whistling:
nah.. totally got that.. i watched the last eppy too.. but the manhwa hasn't ended.. and the convo was just a what-if on the story's what-if... lol. which, btw, begs the question... does anybody know what magazine the manhwa is serializing in? i'm a little curious about possibly ordering for it, if the price is reasonable... =/ (and, no, i wasn't the one who speculated it, either.. i just saw somebody who did)

one wonders if they're going to realign the story with the manhwa for the second season (six eps, though it may be..), or if it's going to be a whole new story line... hoping they go for a full-blown season instead, if they're following the manhwa! if they're not and it gets to be uh... a little meteor garden 2, then six eps may be enough. XD

tracy_e

Post by tracy_e » Apr 4th, '06, 09:44

Jeremiah wrote:If I were to rate this drama, it would be 10/10

That's the best drama ever, why? because the PD did produce something appalling to your curiosity and your feelings. Some might not love it because they are comparing reality and fictious. But a drama is for only entertainement, and dramas rarely reflects reality.
Hi...U're right. There are people who tend to compare drama with reality, but yet stil continue watching. I have a friend, who kept complaining that drama are so fake, and no sense, but then she love watching and can sit down for hours to finish the show. I guess it's a way how people sees things. Some people are just too serious in life, they tend to always think that in reality, whatever that happens in the drama, will not happen in our life.

Well, I would say, to some extend, there are also people who have complicated life, and when they watch certain drama, it reflects what they have been through, and could learn from it. Drama in a way, have good meaning and bad meaning.

If the drama doesn't make sense or suit one taste, I think it is fine to express one's dislike, but not insulting others who love the drama.

For me, I love this drama and think that it is the best. I know there are people who don't like. Like wise, there are drama who I don't like, and there are people who love it so much. If it doesn't suit my taste, just keep quiet, or not even bother to continue finishing the show.

I think usage of words is really important here. Anything good or bad, is open for comments. Just make sure that the words used do not insult or hurt other people with opposing opinion.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 4th, '06, 10:25

tracy_e wrote:Like wise, there are drama who I don't like, and there are people who love it so much. If it doesn't suit my taste, just keep quiet, or not even bother to continue finishing the show.

I think usage of words is really important here. Anything good or bad, is open for comments. Just make sure that the words used do not insult or hurt other people with opposing opinion.
Nice logic :) You've got one point here. Better just keep quiet or better not continue to watch it, like I do myself. But others, I think they don't even think before posting, they just got carried away and tried to express themself in a rash manner. That's very unfortunate.

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Apr 4th, '06, 10:38

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:44, edited 2 times in total.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 4th, '06, 10:56

debstuh wrote:I ABSOLUTELY ADORE GOONG! =D haha it had its slow times where i just wanted something to happen between Shin & Chae Gyung, but its based on a manhwa. haha =] but i love goong! =] its so cute!!
It's the slow times that really give you curiosity to watch the rest episodes. If the drama was direct, I guess everyone here would agree that they would find the drama boredom.

Goong campers for life time haha

Jinusean

Post by Jinusean » Apr 4th, '06, 16:09

This series doesn't have anything on Kim Sam Soon & My Girl in terms of level of acting, story, and level of entertainment.

What have you poor kids been watching all your lives? Time to step up your standards with a few good series. I don't know any koreans here in Los Angeles that thinks this series is even remotely good. Most of my korean friends and family, however, did raise a huge commotion about how great the two series mentioned above were.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 4th, '06, 16:17

Jinusean wrote:This series doesn't have anything on Kim Sam Soon & My Girl in terms of level of acting, story, and level of entertainment.

What have you poor kids been watching all your lives? Time to step up your standards with a few good series. I don't know any koreans here in Los Angeles that thinks this series is even remotely good. Most of my korean friends and family, however, did raise a huge commotion about how great the two series mentioned above were.
My Lovely Kim Sam Soon & My Girl are amogst the best, but Goong is the best in terms of entertainment, no matter what. KSM & MG are best in terms of emotion/romance but they really lack the little spice that CG add to Goong. CG's character is a lively one though many Goong haters added that her character is stupid. This is why it seperates Goong from the rest.

But keep in mind that dramas doesnot always reflect reality. Dramas are mostly fictitious and derrive from PD's imaginations. If you hate watching a drama, better not watching it and better not comment on it as well and let others enjoying the fun. This is what I have been advocating since the very first appearance of some hatred post against Goong.

Like it or not, dramas are only for entertainment, just like movies (asian or westernized).

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Apr 4th, '06, 17:45

Jeremiah wrote:If you hate watching a drama, better not watching it and better not comment on it as well and let others enjoying the fun. This is what I have been advocating since the very first appearance of some hatred post against Goong.
Actually... I think it's good for people to post whether they like a drama or not.. as long as it's constructive.. and we maintain a civilized tone. Hate posts are just plain hard to deal with. (So are the "You guys must be crazy for liking this stuff" posts... To each, his or her own.)

My reasoning: There are some drama for which I'm not sure I want to invest time grabbing and checking out (in the face of so many others that I might rather do)... but I might have heard it's good. I don't care about spoilers, so I sometimes check the forum posts on this drama. (Usually they're the ones with the polls about whether the drama was "Life-altering", "Must watch it", "Don't waste your time on it", etc...) It's all fine to see a forum full of posts that say "I LOVED IT"... but I like seeing the stuff as to why people liked it.. or why they didn't. It's good to see both perspectives.. I don't really find that my fun is being spoiled when somebody posts a reasonable entry as to why they didn't like a drama.

"Stop watching the drama if you don't like it", though, is probably sound advice... for everybody's peace of mind. (Heaven knows I couldn't continue with a lot of drama.. though, interestingly, I saved them anyway... I must be crazy.. o____O)

Anyway.. this is probably the last time I'll post on this particular discussion for this thread. Veering off-topic (from Goong to Forum Etiquette).

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Apr 4th, '06, 19:32

Jeremiah wrote: My Lovely Kim Sam Soon & My Girl are amogst the best, but Goong is the best in terms of entertainment, no matter what. KSM & MG are best in terms of emotion/romance but they really lack the little spice that CG add to Goong. CG's character is a lively one though many Goong haters added that her character is stupid.
CG can't even hold a candle to Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dae Hee. If I was given the opportunity to replace one actor/tress in Goong, Yoon Eun Hye is the first to go. Sorry, but for the life of me, I can't see what "little spice" you are talking about. Maybe the spice of god-awful acting?
But keep in mind that dramas doesnot always reflect reality. Dramas are mostly fictitious and derrive from PD's imaginations. If you hate watching a drama, better not watching it and better not comment on it as well and let others enjoying the fun.
Reflection to reality does not always equal greatness. Nor can you justify that one is not allowed to criticize other's work just coz it's his/her own imagination. Prohibiting people to post opposing views about a certain a topic suggests that one is too narrow-minded to accept other people's opinion.

kiSs_02

Post by kiSs_02 » Apr 4th, '06, 19:46

jaycee05 wrote:
Jeremiah wrote: My Lovely Kim Sam Soon & My Girl are amogst the best, but Goong is the best in terms of entertainment, no matter what. KSM & MG are best in terms of emotion/romance but they really lack the little spice that CG add to Goong. CG's character is a lively one though many Goong haters added that her character is stupid.
CG can't even hold a candle to Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dae Hee. If I was given the opportunity to replace one actor/tress in Goong, Yoon Eun Hye is the first to go. Sorry, but for the life of me, I can't see what "little spice" you are talking about. Maybe the spice of god-awful acting?
But keep in mind that dramas doesnot always reflect reality. Dramas are mostly fictitious and derrive from PD's imaginations. If you hate watching a drama, better not watching it and better not comment on it as well and let others enjoying the fun.
Reflection to reality does not always equal greatness. Nor can you justify that one is not allowed to criticize other's work just coz it's his/her own imagination. Prohibiting people to post opposing views about a certain a topic suggests that one is too narrow-minded to accept other people's opinion.
um actually I DUN THINK SO.. yoon eun hye's acting is AWESOME okay? her tears are so meaningful too and when she's happy or sad i for one am touched... yoon eun hye's acting is AS GOOD as lee da hae's... lee da hae cries better but eun hye's acting is just as good or maybe even better.. and goong is VERY entertaining.. my girl draws in the audience faster but goong has more impact on the audience in the end...

but whatever u are entitled to your opinion.. :glare:

fastclock

Post by fastclock » Apr 4th, '06, 21:17

I think everyone's entitled to their opinions about anything. Goong is kind of unique because i've read more people being 'obsessed' with this one.

Goong's strength is not the acting part - they are decent, and probably exceed expectations as they are newcomers after all. The strength are the cute faces, the props, the decorations, the plush costumes (even better than Dae Jang Geum at times), and the popular manhwa behind it.

While I like Kim Sam Soon and My Girl too, I think Goong is still very entertaining, with funny scenes and more romantic scenes, including the longest kissing scene I've seen in K-drama.

Goong is kind of draggy in the middle, but then Kim Sam Soon and My Girl are equally guilty to a lesser extent. KSS and MG have better pace and probably acting, but a show is all about people just enjoying it in the end. And I would say Goong delivers just fine.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 4th, '06, 23:16

Jinusean wrote:This series doesn't have anything on Kim Sam Soon & My Girl in terms of level of acting, story, and level of entertainment.

Hey! No bashing MY taste just because YOU don't like Goong..I can't figure out how to have angry face while still sticking out my tongue :P.... I never got to finish My Lovely Sam Soon..This drama isn't the best I've seen but it's not the worst.

xbtcmdx

Post by xbtcmdx » Apr 5th, '06, 01:50

HI DOES ANY1 KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD LQ OR MQ HARDSUBBED EPISODES OF GOONG? THANK YOU! :wub:

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Apr 5th, '06, 03:28

xbtcmdx wrote:HI DOES ANY1 KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD LQ OR MQ HARDSUBBED EPISODES OF GOONG? THANK YOU! :wub:
i believe this page has them under goodies: http://capricious.cjb.net/

although... most of them are HQ.. only some are LQ/MQ...

Jinusean

Post by Jinusean » Apr 5th, '06, 04:37

Here's an awesome voting guideline used by Anidb (where any registered user can vote from 1-10 for a series). Maybe we can get something like this going for the dramas on this site (k-, j-, c-,). The unique thing about this voting system, especially after thousands of votes by fans are counted, is that you will find this system to have very high standards. For example, after tens of thousands of votes of various anime on Anidb, the top 10 anime's there have a score between 8.72-9.01. Although this system is not perfect, it doesn't hand out A+ scores to everyone.

10 - Sugoi ("awesome" in japanese)
This drama is something really big; it changed your mind, gave you a whole new perspective on life and broadened your horizons. If this sounds unfamiliar to you then you have yet to watch a truly sugoi drama.
This grade is reserved only for the dramas you'll never ever forget.

9 - Great
This drama is absolutely great, you were very impressed by it. Everyone should watch it, not only drama fans because everyone will enjoy it as this is the kind of drama that creates asian-drama fans. Everything in the drama is on a very high level. Use this for only the best dramas you've watched.

8 - Very good
This drama is better than good, there are a few moments you were very impressed by it and every drama fan should watch it. However, it is still not great as it still has a few points to improve.

7 - Good
This drama is good, it has an original story and different characters as well. You can recommend it to the average drama fan; use this for dramas you like.

6 - Fine
This drama is better than decent but still not good, there are a few moments you enjoy although you can't really recommend it to others.

5 - Decent
This drama is neither good nor bad. People can watch it whenever they are bored or when they've run out of other dramas to watch.

4 - Bad
This drama is just plain bad. It has nothing to recommend, it is just plain boring. While there are worse dramas it's still too bad to recommend to others.

3 - Very Bad
This is a very bad drama. There's nothing appealing about it. You cannot recommend it to anyone, not even die hard drama fans of this specific genre. If you think an drama is one of the worst ever vote a 3.

2 - Hopeless
You cannot say anything good at all about this one. Sound, story, everything was really bad.
This grade is reserved only for the very bad series. There is probably nothing as bad as this in AniDB. Use this only if you're absolutely certain.

1 - Unwatchable
You were not even able to watch it; it was probably the worst thing you have ever watched.
This grade is reserved only for the worst seres. There is probably nothing as bad as this in AniDB. Use this only if you are absolutely certain.

Jinusean

Post by Jinusean » Apr 5th, '06, 04:39

I have not watched alot of K-dramas but would appreciate it if anyone using the voting guidelines I stated above can recommend me a drama that they truly feel, in their heart, received a rating of 9 through 10.

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Apr 5th, '06, 05:25

its a long list of posts here...
Last edited by ringosan on Apr 5th, '06, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Apr 5th, '06, 05:26

waa..its getting pretty hot in here..cool down ppl..im on my way watching goong...can i say something?..i think that sam soon, my girl ,goong have their own viewers..n i think the director have their targeted audience..as sam soon for those in the 30ties maybe my girl for those in the 20ties maybe n goong for the younger audience whose coming to the age of 20ties maybe...correct me if im wrong..just giving out my opinion..PEACE TO THE WORLD.. :salut: :salut:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 5th, '06, 05:45

jaycee05 wrote: Reflection to reality does not always equal greatness. Nor can you justify that one is not allowed to criticize other's work just coz it's his/her own imagination. Prohibiting people to post opposing views about a certain a topic suggests that one is too narrow-minded to accept other people's opinion.
All I wanted to say is that, some people should at least post with diplomacy instead of going down with harsh conclusion and spoil other people's fun of watching.

You should have read some previous posts. I'm not prohibiting them from posting views. If you feel I'm way too narrow-minded then, I'm sorry for you.

Note to the Speculating Scenario audience: Goong fanfiction

Sorry for delaying, I've been busy lately. Well since I'm quitting from my current job, I have to keep it clean and handle over everything. YAY! My new job will begin at the end of the month... so excited!!

liquidfir
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by liquidfir » Apr 5th, '06, 05:57

Jeremiah wrote:
All I wanted to say is that, some people should at least post with diplomacy instead of going down with harsh conclusion and spoil other people's fun of watching.
You should have read some previous posts. I'm not prohibiting them from posting views. If you feel I'm way too narrow-minded then, I'm sorry for you.
i agree with u. we can accept opinions.. but the way it is being expressed.. it's just too much? You can have ur opinions and we can have ours right?
if u think it is rotting lousy show then stop watching and forget about it instead of feel blue over it and posting very harsh comments?

such harsh comments will trigger unneccessary picks and fights in threads.
and most ppl who post in this thread are probably very much in love with this show and probably losing sleep over goong (am i right or wad? lOlx)

and i got one thing to say to those who says it's unrealistic.. ehmmm IT IS A DRAMA WITH PRINCE AND PALACES? how realistic do u want it to be? lOLX... it is meant to BE unrealistic and give us girls a chance to daydream about prince and a commonner falling for each other.

so yeah... posting with diplomacy help reduce conflicts my dear

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 5th, '06, 07:06

I have been receiving a post that my post was offending some readers, well, if I ever had offended any readers here, then I publicly apologized for it. That was not my intension and I would realy like if someone would point me where my post was offending. Don't get me wrong, I'm just looking forward for not posting offending matters to readers. Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

chunny

Post by chunny » Apr 5th, '06, 15:07

iiL0VERAiNN

Post by iiL0VERAiNN » Apr 6th, '06, 02:17

does anybody know if there are hardsubbed episodes from episodes #19-24?
im dying to see 'em.
:]

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Apr 6th, '06, 02:19

iiL0VERAiNN wrote:does anybody know if there are hardsubbed episodes from episodes #19-24?
im dying to see 'em.
lol.. i actually doubt they'd be out yet.. i think ep19 sub just came out within the last week... the rest of the eps aren't subbed yet. maybe in a little while more... :)

iiL0VERAiNN

Post by iiL0VERAiNN » Apr 6th, '06, 02:29

beldaran wrote:
iiL0VERAiNN wrote:does anybody know if there are hardsubbed episodes from episodes #19-24?
im dying to see 'em.
lol.. i actually doubt they'd be out yet.. i think ep19 sub just came out within the last week... the rest of the eps aren't subbed yet. maybe in a little while more... :)

thanx. :]
do you kno how fast subbed episodes come out?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 6th, '06, 05:35

You better not asked when, because everytime someone asked when, the release will be delayed by one hour and then. Sadness :(
iiL0VERAiNN wrote: thanx. :]
It depends on the subbing team. Lately, it's been one sub for almost two weeks, at the beginning it was two subs in a week.

AngelSerenityPrincess

Post by AngelSerenityPrincess » Apr 6th, '06, 11:17

Jeremiah wrote:You better not asked when, because everytime someone asked when, the release will be delayed by one hour and then. Sadness :(
iiL0VERAiNN wrote: thanx. :]
It depends on the subbing team. Lately, it's been one sub for almost two weeks, at the beginning it was two subs in a week.
well i dont care anymore when they come or not
ill just wait if new people come and ask i just say oopse
another delay lol but ill just wait i think suffering like this
is fun >,<

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 6th, '06, 11:42

AngelSerenityPrincess wrote: well i dont care anymore when they come or not
ill just wait if new people come and ask i just say oopse
another delay lol but ill just wait i think suffering like this
is fun >,<
Hell no, if any new comer asked, the sub will be delayed even more. The problem is that new comer don't read rules at all.

I think that instead of put post "when subs will be out" they could have at least PM a moderator to make sure they don't go against the rules. But sadness, they just pop in and post and make us wait the delay :(

That kills me to wait for the sub... arff I'm dying.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Apr 6th, '06, 11:49

Jeremiah wrote:
Hell no, if any new comer asked, the sub will be delayed even more. The problem is that new comer don't read rules at all.

I think that instead of put post "when subs will be out" they could have at least PM a moderator to make sure they don't go against the rules. But sadness, they just pop in and post and make us wait the delay :(

That kills me to wait for the sub... arff I'm dying.
I think you should just check the wiki for our group,or just give people that link when they ask for them, it has the progress info for all our projects ^.^;

umm,can't remmeber the link at the moment,lol but just click on the banner on my sig to go there hehehe
will check and update now :P

Edit : ok here's the link : http://fansub.d-addicts.com/With_S2

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 6th, '06, 11:55

Nice banner.

I wish I could be part of a fansub group like CraZyaH *sob*

AngelSerenityPrincess

Post by AngelSerenityPrincess » Apr 6th, '06, 19:44

Jeremiah wrote:Nice banner.

I wish I could be part of a fansub group like CraZyaH *sob*
I posted and the outher of use been posting :offtopic:
lol lets go back to goong :lol

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Apr 6th, '06, 20:03

CraZyaH wrote:I think you should just check the wiki for our group,or just give people that link when they ask for them, it has the progress info for all our projects ^.^;
Oh! CraZyaH! I had no idea such a page existed!

Thank you!

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 6th, '06, 20:43

AngelSerenityPrincess wrote: I posted and the outher of use been posting :offtopic:
lol lets go back to goong :lol
That's not off topic :roll Ok ok it is.. but I have to admit that With S2 is doing a great job here. I would like to help but I guess you have to be quick to grab the RAW when it get released and help in sub editing. This is where the problem lies, my wimax really really erm.. pain in the.. erm.. let's say, it gives me a headache. CraZyaH is soooo lucky lol

Wild Cherry

Post by Wild Cherry » Apr 7th, '06, 00:58

captain-nippon wrote:I somehow manage myself to watch episode 19-22 without subs. Let just say that a lot of fast forwarding was used....All i have to say is watching this drama without sub wasn't really any differences than with subs........it's really that sad.

I am sick and tried of this drama and want it to conclude. I hope Shin and CG get a divorce, than Shin and marry one of his maid.. CG childist and stupidity is pass the point of any pity. I hope she suffer and go on welfare.. Yul shamefulness is unbearable. I hope this punk get hit by a truck and dies at the end of the show.

Season 2. OMG. No flipping hell. People in korea are really really really strange if they think this drama is good............
LMAO :mrgreen: At least you made it to episode 22. I couldn't get past episode 18. I understand your frustration Captain Nippon. After Epi 18 I couldn't stand it anymore. It was getting boring and pointless. You are right they could have cut this drama's airing time in half. But like most Korean dramas they like to drag every freakin thing and create more unecessary drama.

Like many people I was really anticipating this drama but unfortunately I'm very disappointed.
Something that bugged me about the drama was when they try to make funny things happen. Sometimes I felt as if they were trying too hard to be funny. And it didn't come out naturally. I didn't find myself laughing but more annoyed. I think some scenes where just put in to fill up space and did nothing for the plot or to help move the storyline along.

Good decision, because dramas are for only entertainment. If you can't withstand the storyline better not watch it, like I always do.

Secondly this drama is based on the Manga Manhwa, so, you'll have to blame the original writer, not the producers.
I don't think you can blame the original writer for what happens in the drama. Yes this is based on the manga but it is up to the producers to make the drama good. I believe the manga is just there for reference and it is up to the producers to be creative and bring the manga to life. there are a lot of dramas that are based on manga and it is up to the producers to make us want to watch it. Just because it's based on a manga doesn't mean it has to be exactly the same.
err...this is a drama...which means its make believe...so obviously there will be things that wont exist in real life.
Yes what happens in dramas are all make believe but there has to be some kind of realness to it. The drama is not fantasy land with unicorns, hobbits, etc... I think they could have at least made the character more real. I think one of the most important thing about dramas for viewers is being able to connect to the characters. If there is no connection or you can't relate to the characters the drama is not at all interesting. I didn't find myself feeling sorry for the main girl at all. I was more frustrated with all the characters because they were all so dense.

Another thing that bugged me about the drama was some of the things the characters did were so out of character. Like when the prince friend falls for the main girl's friend. His character totally changed and I found that stupid. Yeah it's one thing to act different when you like one but to act that stupid is just dumb. It's like what happen to the tough guy?

I would rate this drama 5/10. It's probably one of the most overrated K-dramas.

fastclock

Post by fastclock » Apr 7th, '06, 15:17

I'd suggest anyone who's stopping before ep.23-24, to just skip the annoying episodes and just watch 23-24 - then I'm sure you don't feel that bad. There's no english subtitle yet for those episodes, but looking at the scenes you can deduct what's going on. There are also some spot translations of ep. 23 and 24 in soompi forum.

Eria

Post by Eria » Apr 8th, '06, 06:05

wow. this drama is overhyped. i can't believe i took everyone's suggestion to watch this knowing my taste in drama already. damn, i had to kick myself for this.

well, first because when i got to ep 4, it was already dragging and i can't stand the girl's face. it would have been ok if she knew how to act. but oh dear. and someone in youtube post a fan-made video and so i basically found out what happened in the end and there it is. i don't wanna go through 20 more episodes to get to where they're at. sheez. what a waste of 3 hours.

in my opinion, very, very overhyped! i'm not even gonna rate it cuz i didn't finish it. but i could be watching something else than this.

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Apr 9th, '06, 01:37

Wild Cherry, just by reading your posts and comments I know for a fact that you're a mature and independence woman. There's also a good big fat chance you're over 22 years of age. That could explain you're deep understanding of how the world works.

This drama like so so so many korean dramas are retarded. It's like they can't pull any newers ideas out after episode 4 so they recycle old ideas....

How can anyone working full time, male or female and mature think this drama is good? This drama was aimed at 14 and 18 years old girls in korean. That could explain the Yul madness.....

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Apr 9th, '06, 02:23

Well, personally, I stopped watching this show at about ep 15 or 16. Like others here, I wouldn't recommend it. I can explain why I think it fails as a show - it's not even a guilty pleasure for me the way, say, Spring Waltz is- but I'll leave that to other folk. :P

tCx

Post by tCx » Apr 10th, '06, 06:07

nobody makes the wallpaper of the teddy bears in costume ? it'll be kinda cute to have it as the wallpaper don't u think ?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 10th, '06, 10:37

Quoted from DeviantArt:
another one of my current dramas has just finished airing. yup! The last episode of goong was aired in Korea also sometimes this wednesday and i missed it. and i heard that after that, they also aired something called Goong 1.5 which was just a talkshow with all the goong cast except for my favourite Yul-sama and his mum... ( the mum is not someone that i like.. ish a very wicked person. watch show to learn more bout her char! ). So, according to the cast, they're sorta filming the second season of Goong rite now in Macau and it will be aired sometime this fall. also another show not to be missed...
Goong 2 will be aired this fall?

fle4

Post by fle4 » Apr 10th, '06, 11:44

having read the previous posts...I strongly agree that Goong is somewhat boring especially from episode 18 and follow...(except for 23 and 24).
Too many sad scenes in sudden and what a flat story they had (I couldn't understand the stories because no subs yet and yet the actings of CG and Shin were not good enough to express what was actually happened) ...they tried to insert some funny scenes but those didn't work as expected.

I think it's because of the unfinished mahwa...and the drama producer tried to make their own story to fill the uncompleted parts. :roll :roll

end of comment..I don't recommend this drama especially if you are the fan of the original mahwa :D

sheep11

Post by sheep11 » Apr 10th, '06, 20:31

I have a question about the ages of the main characters. they are suppose to be in high school, but everyone keeps saying that they are 19 years old. someone told me that in korea they consider you 3 years old after your first b-day. so then the characters are really 16+3, which would make them 19. I'm sorry if I'm being ignorant, but I was wondering about this for some time now. So what are they're real ages, 16 or 19?

Duxie

Post by Duxie » Apr 10th, '06, 20:37

In Korean Years they are considerd 19...but in the west they are 16...so you were told the right thing ^^ its a common question.

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Apr 11th, '06, 01:02

It's not 3 years, it's one year. If you're 18 in America, then you're 19 in Korea. The reason is that Koreans include 10 months (to account for the pregnancy), though it's not supposed to be exact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_age_reckoning

kookyclutz

Post by kookyclutz » Apr 11th, '06, 02:00

Hi, Does anyone know where I could buy online the hair clip that Chae Gyung wears in the official MBC publicity photos? Its in the photos where Shin & Yul wear the military-like uniforms and Chae Gyung's wearing a mini crown-like princess hair clip. I like it so much but can't seem to find it being sold anywhere online. :unsure:

I think she wore the same hair clip during the party they had at the Eastern Palace with all the foreign ambassadors and Shin asked her to dance with him. That's one of my favourite scenes!

Anyway, I think Goong has its own pluses & minuses. I enjoyed watching it for its pluses (beautiful costumes, fantastic sets, cute leads) & try to not focus on its minuses (draggy at times, predictable scenes/storyline). I guess every drama will have its fans & detractors. I'd say I'm a fan of Goong though! :D :thumleft: :thumleft:

sheep11

Post by sheep11 » Apr 11th, '06, 02:24

Ssang wrote:It's not 3 years, it's one year. If you're 18 in America, then you're 19 in Korea. The reason is that Koreans include 10 months (to account for the pregnancy), though it's not supposed to be exact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_age_reckoning

thanx so much for clearing this up! now it makes more sense :-)

neena

Post by neena » Apr 11th, '06, 16:29

i stopped watching Goong after 18. I had no interest in it anymore because the story seemed to go no where. honestly, i'm not looking forward to a second season. i'll just read spoilers. :D

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Apr 11th, '06, 20:30

^ wat a waste ur almost finishing it, but u stop
Well I thiunk this drama is juz okay, the reason I watched it was becoz Eun HYe was in it

chineseduckling

Post by chineseduckling » Apr 11th, '06, 22:46

i thought goong was okay. im currently on episode 19, although it does get a little boring, its still okay. i dunno how goong season 2 is gonna go, because from what ive seen, most sequels arent as good as the first, but ill definitley watch it. :P :roll

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 11th, '06, 22:48

chineseduckling wrote:i thought goong was okay. im currently on episode 19, although it does get a little boring, its still okay. i dunno how goong season 2 is gonna go, because from what ive seen, most sequels arent as good as the first, but ill definitley watch it. :P :roll
episode nineteen was really boring...it started with CG being mad at Shin and then it ended with Shin being mad at CG.....but I'll still watch it till the end

Duxie

Post by Duxie » Apr 11th, '06, 23:18

meh if season 2 is only 6 eppys like it says ill watch it...ill haveta see how this season ends first though :blink

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Apr 12th, '06, 16:42

Wha...only 6 episodes???

Duxie

Post by Duxie » Apr 12th, '06, 17:21

Yea...thats what ive been reading anyways...i could be wrong though...but like...3 sites had it as 6 eppys :sweat:

yurrie

Post by yurrie » Apr 12th, '06, 22:58

even though there maybe only 6 epis
im just happy that i can see joo ji hoon again :wub:

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Apr 13th, '06, 01:46

Mm! Me too :wub: He needs to do some more acting!

stars01

Post by stars01 » Apr 13th, '06, 04:01

hey guys! just a thought... did you guys notice that guy in purple shirt who passed behind cg and shin at the last episode? i think the director missed that one and failed to retake the scene! :lol

you can see him very briefly when shin went over to cg after she had signs of morning sickness. the guy was crouching as he quickly passed behind them near the church (left side of the screen). it's obvious he wasn't part of the scene. :lol

Duxie

Post by Duxie » Apr 13th, '06, 04:46

Lol i agree...

OoOo i haveta go back and watch that part lol...

neena

Post by neena » Apr 13th, '06, 17:09

okay, honestly, after eppy 18 i quit watching this serie. the problems they had weren't interesting and everyone was so...bleh. CG was cute in the beginning but towards the ending her character really started to annoy me. when i heard that they extended the serie to 24 episodes i stopped watching. i think they should have stopped at episode 20. as for a season 2...uh...i think i'm going to pass on that one. do i sound harsh towards this serie? i know many love it and some don't like it, one of those ppl is me. i don't like it. :mrgreen:

Duxie

Post by Duxie » Apr 13th, '06, 17:54

:glare: how can you stop watching when its just getting to the climax?! ...sheesh lol give it a chance...its gunna get reaaaaly good....trust me.

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Apr 13th, '06, 19:28

I want to see Episode 20-24. :cry:

Here is a nwe gif that I made: :mrgreen:

[img]http://mitglied.lycos.de/fanart1/goong-kiss.gif[/img]

Duxie

Post by Duxie » Apr 13th, '06, 19:34

AWE! lol thats a little spoilerific though :unsure: i loved that part though, it will be grand when i can actually understand what there saying :mrgreen:

yurrie

Post by yurrie » Apr 13th, '06, 19:51

there's a translation for that part in youtube if you want
and ... there's also a slow motion one there =P
if you look at it carefully ... i think you can see slight of both tongue =P
joo ji hoon so hot :wub:

Duxie

Post by Duxie » Apr 14th, '06, 04:23

:O i DO want it! lol if you couls gimmie the link that would be awesome XD

LOL i know...but i expected tounge...cuz i mean common...lol

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Apr 14th, '06, 07:55

I found it here:

kittycrib16

Post by kittycrib16 » Apr 14th, '06, 08:31

I LOOOOVE THIS SHOW!! im sooo addicted to it!

kittycrib16

Post by kittycrib16 » Apr 14th, '06, 08:35

but really...? 6 eppys?

hnAcogN

Post by hnAcogN » Apr 14th, '06, 11:02

neena wrote:okay, honestly, after eppy 18 i quit watching this serie. the problems they had weren't interesting and everyone was so...bleh. CG was cute in the beginning but towards the ending her character really started to annoy me. when i heard that they extended the serie to 24 episodes i stopped watching. i think they should have stopped at episode 20. as for a season 2...uh...i think i'm going to pass on that one. do i sound harsh towards this serie? i know many love it and some don't like it, one of those ppl is me. i don't like it. :mrgreen:
I agree that it was getting A BIT diluted and sad from 18 to 22 but epi 23 and 24 are DEFINITELY WORTH watching. If you had enough patience and interest to watch Goong from 1 to 18, why missing out the most ROMANTIC, HOT and MEANINGFUL of the drama. Happiness comes in the end, right? :-)

kittycrib16

Post by kittycrib16 » Apr 14th, '06, 19:24

hehehe that's actually true. especially about the last 2 epps...definitely worth the wait

meli_chan

Post by meli_chan » Apr 14th, '06, 19:33

I real like this drama, sometimes it comes boring, but most of the time I can´t stop watching it. Waiting for ep 20 subs!!!!!!!!!! yay! A the beggining I hate shin but then i began to understand him, and hating Yul, But I can´t hate Yul he has his reasons, and his so cute!

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173
Location: Issyk-KuL&#1050;&#1099;&#1088;&#1075;&#1099;&#1079;&#1089;&#1090;&am

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 14th, '06, 20:08

I love this drama after Spring Waltz,i also like the song Perhaps Love by HowL & J....I keep listening to this song 20 times everyday :lol :lol :lol :lol Luv this song soooo much :note: :clap: :music: XD
I like Yul soooo much, i think he's more cute than Shin :roll
I heard Goong have episode 2 in 2007,looking forward to see it :whistling:
Attachments
goong ke ai jaan.jpg
goong ke ai jaan.jpg (55.04 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
Last edited by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 on Apr 18th, '06, 00:36, edited 2 times in total.