Palace / Goong (MBC, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
cees

Post by cees » Mar 30th, '06, 20:08

you can find the LQ of the Goong 1.5(special) at creidesca's CB.....just follow this link
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/creidesca/e4rt6

yurrie

Post by yurrie » Mar 30th, '06, 21:07

so there will be no special or anythin next week right?

so sad...
wanna watch shin ...
:cry:

cees

Post by cees » Mar 30th, '06, 21:21

yurrie wrote:so there will be no special or anythin next week right?

so sad...
wanna watch shin ...
:cry:
i dont think that we will watch Shin unless after 10 long months :cry:

vis

Post by vis » Mar 30th, '06, 22:03

OMG! Kim Jung Hoon fainted?! Holy crap! I hope he recovers soon.... :cry:

About ep 24:
That was so sweet ^^ The whole marriage thing in the end~~ XD I sure like Shin a lot in the 2 last eps ^______^ Hahaha and I also think that there were rarely any occasions for themt to produce a baby ^^;;;;;; Must rewatch again to see what hints there were giving us for that. *heheheehe*

Well, can't wait for season 2, although i wonder how they plan to write the story considering Gyeung being pregnant and all. If I hadn't known I wouldn't have guessed there'd be a season 2 to it.

Anyway that sure was a great show ^________^ *quite satisfied*

cees

Post by cees » Mar 30th, '06, 22:21

vis wrote:OMG! Kim Jung Hoon fainted?! Holy crap! I hope he recovers soon.... :cry:

About ep 24:
That was so sweet ^^ The whole marriage thing in the end~~ XD I sure like Shin a lot in the 2 last eps ^______^ Hahaha and I also think that there were rarely any occasions for themt to produce a baby ^^;;;;;; Must rewatch again to see what hints there were giving us for that. *heheheehe*

Well, can't wait for season 2, although i wonder how they plan to write the story considering Gyeung being pregnant and all. If I hadn't known I wouldn't have guessed there'd be a season 2 to it.

Anyway that sure was a great show ^________^ *quite satisfied*
Spoiler Alert

well that what makes it a good drama ...that it ended like a normal drama not like those dramas that there end is incomplete and continued in another season.......btw about how did CG got pregnant every1 is wondering how did she but @ soompi we came to many conclusions.....she got pregnant ...1) after the long kiss in eps 23 they did IT be4 laying on the sofa coz if u noticed Shin's jacket is removed and placed on the sofa and bcoz they would think of children if they didnt do it....2)they did it after CG got hiccups as a way 2 cure it :P .....3) they did IT be4 Shin got at her appartment in Macua to get the rings.....and the real answer is in the 2nd season

Spoiler Picture scroll down quickly if u didnt watch eps 23
Attachments
prove.JPG
prove.JPG (29.26 KiB) Viewed 3614 times

evilbunny

Post by evilbunny » Mar 30th, '06, 23:27

she's pregnant! when did they have time to do it.. or when did they decide to do it??... last episode I watched was the one w/ Yul's birthday get away and CG and Shin were still squemish with each other.
I want to buy the DooBoo doll!!! It's sooo cute.. but I want shin's face on it and not the whole cast. :-( The exact one that CG has in the show w/ the reversible Shin face. :lol

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Mar 30th, '06, 23:48

So the very sweet ending means Chae Gyung was not banished from the Palace after all? :-)
Last edited by KoreanMania on Mar 31st, '06, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

jennycraig10

Post by jennycraig10 » Mar 31st, '06, 00:04

the ending seems so sweet and everything like there is closure to the series. So when it comes to season 2, what else will it be about? and will the actors and actresses be the same?

vis

Post by vis » Mar 31st, '06, 00:23

@cees: LOL! Thanks for sharing the "speculations" about that thing XD

Just watched the special ep~~ Shin's so much cuter when he's easy-going like that and is quick to smile and laugh :P *suits him*

Ah~~ Soon it's time to rewatch Goong ^________^

lw_22

Post by lw_22 » Mar 31st, '06, 04:46

thanks everyone the wallpapers are great !!!!!

wenny117

Post by wenny117 » Mar 31st, '06, 04:50

I've post a lot of WPs of gung here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=615

lw_22

Post by lw_22 » Mar 31st, '06, 04:51

super thanks !!!!!!! OMg there soooooooooo nice

yurrie

Post by yurrie » Mar 31st, '06, 05:01

joo ji hoon and eun hye really got close after makin this series huh?
they shared food a lot if u watch it in behind the scenes and all =P
i wanna watch NG for kissin part on ep 23 lol ... i wonder if its one take or what

missin joo ji hoon alreadyyyy
i wonder if he gonna play in another movie maybe not series .. just 1 movie like eun hye?

:wub:

yurrie

Post by yurrie » Mar 31st, '06, 05:04

and .. shin looks like a little boy with that short jeans
:)

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » Mar 31st, '06, 05:07

Missing them already... Shin's really cute when he smiles...^.^

SkyyBlue

Post by SkyyBlue » Mar 31st, '06, 05:58

Errr.... :glare:
Yul made the announcement that he was the one who caused the mess. And only him. Didn't include the mother, but it ruined the chances of him ever becoming the crown prince. That's why the mother tried to commit suicide because her only one goal in life was to have her child become the next king and to be the next King... you have to be the Crowned Prince.
That was part of the series, of why Yul's mother didn't run off with the Present King, instead of running off with him... she married the Crown Prince than so that her child could be the next crown prince then King. Unfortunaely he died
But I love the way people come to weird conclusions when there is no subtitles. They make the story up themselves :P

Also, for Ep. 24 for those who don't understand Korean.
Shin made 1 request before the scene or after I forget :blink: Shin is no longer the crown prince... rather his sister is now the Crowned Princess. So she is to be the next Queen... like Queen Elizabeth. If I remember correctly, seeing as I watched 2 K-movies and 6 other D. Eps. :roll Anyways CG is going to continue to study aboard and go back to Shin later, in hopes of becoming a fashion designer or something :unsure:
I hope this has cleared up some things for those who doesn't speak Korean :P and misguiding making up random stories :glare: :roll

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » Mar 31st, '06, 06:41

SkyyBlue wrote:
But I love the way people come to weird conclusions when there is no subtitles. They make the story up themselves :P

Shin made 1 request before the scene or after I forget :blink: Shin is no longer the crown prince... rather his sister is now the Crowned Princess. So she is to be the next Queen... like Queen Elizabeth. If I remember correctly, seeing as I watched 2 K-movies and 6 other D. Eps. :roll Anyways CG is going to continue to study aboard and go back to Shin later, in hopes of becoming a fashion designer or something :unsure:
I hope this has cleared up some things for those who doesn't speak Korean :P and misguiding making up random stories :glare: :roll
just as i thought but thanks so much for the info...

gurl

Post by gurl » Mar 31st, '06, 07:10

hmm......
look like they change the ending from the manga to the drama ..... correct me if i'm wrong in the manga was it yul the one who were going to be the prince to be king and now it shin sister who going to be the next to be queen hehe...... dunno if this spoler or not but .... oh will

yurrie

Post by yurrie » Mar 31st, '06, 07:26

is it possible ...
to make shin crown prince again ? lol
if not .. whats the point for season 2 :scratch:
if its just about they study abroad together ...
ehm ... thats not a Goong-drama anymoreeeee
but since
cg probably pregnant .... she cant go to school for long right?
lovin joo ji hoon!!!!!!!
:wub:

chunny

Post by chunny » Mar 31st, '06, 07:46

I love Goong!
I miss Goong!
I can't wait for Goong 2!!

SkyyBlue

Post by SkyyBlue » Mar 31st, '06, 09:18

buffyreg wrote:
SkyyBlue wrote:

just as i thought but thanks so much for the info...
Glad to have helped :salut:

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Mar 31st, '06, 10:08

I somehow manage myself to watch episode 19-22 without subs. Let just say that a lot of fast forwarding was used....All i have to say is watching this drama without sub wasn't really any differences than with subs........it's really that sad.

I am sick and tried of this drama and want it to conclude. I hope Shin and CG get a divorce, than Shin and marry one of his maid.. CG childist and stupidity is pass the point of any pity. I hope she suffer and go on welfare.. Yul shamefulness is unbearable. I hope this punk get hit by a truck and dies at the end of the show.

Season 2. OMG. No flipping hell. People in korea are really really really strange if they think this drama is good............

PsychoWabbit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by PsychoWabbit » Mar 31st, '06, 10:22

captain-nippon wrote:I somehow manage myself to watch episode 19-22 without subs. Let just say that a lot of fast forwarding was used....All i have to say is watching this drama without sub wasn't really any differences than with subs........it's really that sad.

I am sick and tried of this drama and want it to conclude. I hope Shin and CG get a divorce, than Shin and marry one of his maid.. CG childist and stupidity is pass the point of any pity. I hope she suffer and go on welfare.. Yul shamefulness is unbearable. I hope this punk get hit by a truck and dies at the end of the show.

Season 2. OMG. No flipping hell. People in korea are really really really strange if they think this drama is good............
Have you watched Ep23 & 24 the ending? :scratch:

thor84

Post by thor84 » Mar 31st, '06, 10:36

i love the ending.. hee..
can't wait for Goong 2...

miedzyslowami

Post by miedzyslowami » Mar 31st, '06, 10:45

Oh i love it too:) But I don't think she is " XXXXX" unless I missed some important parts.

miedzyslowami

Post by miedzyslowami » Mar 31st, '06, 11:02

SkyyBlue wrote:Errr.... :glare:
Yul made the announcement that he was the one who caused the mess. And only him. Didn't include the mother, but it ruined the chances of him ever becoming the crown prince. That's why the mother tried to commit suicide because her only one goal in life was to have her child become the next king and to be the next King... you have to be the Crowned Prince.
That was part of the series, of why Yul's mother didn't run off with the Present King, instead of running off with him... she married the Crown Prince than so that her child could be the next crown prince then King. Unfortunaely he died

Thank you so much I was pretty close:)
ANd the last second of the 24 episode's ending is showing Shin's sister dreesed like a queen so that was pretty obvious:)
....ha ha ....It was something about 12 episode when I imagined almost exact ending like it was....so I am happy

SkyyBlue

Post by SkyyBlue » Mar 31st, '06, 11:19

captain-nippon wrote:I somehow manage myself to watch episode 19-22 without subs. Let just say that a lot of fast forwarding was used....All i have to say is watching this drama without sub wasn't really any differences than with subs........it's really that sad.

Yeah, those episodes were like.... not good. But as a whole I liked it. :P I'll watch season 2 because.... I just will :lol

I mean if you watched the series... obviously you must of liked some parts of it. right ? :blink

spicyboy

Post by spicyboy » Mar 31st, '06, 15:57

Juz wondering if Season 2 will be focusing more on Shin's sister? Since the last scene of the ending credits in Ep 24 showed her in Crown Princess/Queen outfit.

kawaiineemei

Post by kawaiineemei » Mar 31st, '06, 17:13

O M G ~~? wwhat?? theres going to be a 2nd season?! holy -beeeep-! im sorrie. pardon me but im just so excited!!!!! i still havent seen the last few eps for the first season. and now theres going to be a 2nd one?? uhhh!!! the anticipation is killing me!

im looking forward to it though. Goong 2 *and* It Started with a Kiss.

when is the second season for Goong coming out?? please dont tell me in 10 yrs . cos i dun think i could wait that long :'(

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 31st, '06, 18:50

kawaiineemei wrote: please dont tell me in 10 yrs . cos i dun think i could wait that long :'(
You've hit the nail on the head, it will be out in ten years time :P LOL I'm joking it will be in 2007. Yeah a whole yeah to wait for it.

Irn

Post by Irn » Mar 31st, '06, 19:37

Jeremiah wrote:
kawaiineemei wrote: please dont tell me in 10 yrs . cos i dun think i could wait that long :'(
You've hit the nail on the head, it will be out in ten years time :P LOL I'm joking it will be in 2007. Yeah a whole yeah to wait for it.
that sucks :glare:

mabushii

Post by mabushii » Mar 31st, '06, 19:45

Irn wrote:that sucks :glare:
your sig is awesome. D:

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Mar 31st, '06, 19:58

so.. uh. i think i missed something.

a few questions...
- i know it was cute/sweet/etc and everything.. but why IS it that she started running after the car? where was he going? was that ever mentioned? or was she just so sad to not be in the same place he was? the image of him going away from her? was it because he wasn't going to be around when she leaves the palace? ...what what? it's like all of a sudden she walks out with yul, shin is going somewhere, and she totally freaks out. i'm sorry.. i don't understand much korean. XD

- why did she kneel down in front of halma-mama? we cut from one scene to this one.. it seems totally out of nowhere. not to mention, her friends were suddenly there. o___O were they SUPPOSED to come? if it was a farewell to the elders, where are the others? did she just come to say goodbye to halma-mama?
as for everybody's big bang ending... XD
also thought it was cute that they got remarried. i'm not sure if i'm as crazy about her headwear as it was just so big XD but i did like her dress. the whole throwing up thing... maybe she just had a few too many egg tarts? XD although the look they gave each other in the end.. DOES seem indicative that something happened between them.. unless shin is thinking that maybe she went off with some other guy. ;) haha. j/k.

Irn

Post by Irn » Mar 31st, '06, 20:12

mabushii wrote: your sig is awesome. D:
it's cute ha :roll

kitsune714

Post by kitsune714 » Mar 31st, '06, 21:10

I really liked the fact that the characters pretty much came full circle with the end of the series, though I think that there are a lot of loose ends left over, which means that season 2 is going to give us some more resolution. I really hope that they can secure the same cast, though--it's just not the same if they recast all the roles.

On another note, I've heard that HODOLi ripped a HQ version of Goong 1.5, the behind the scenes speical. Ayone have the torrent for it? I'm not a club-box user.

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Mar 31st, '06, 21:10

The true this show would of been a really good show if the writer would ONLY STOP insultings the viewers and the realism of the a normal girl marrying into a royal family.

She's childish and a prince attitude was a prefect match for a miss match couple, which becomes a perfect couple. That what i like about this show is the relationship of a prince who later fall in love to someone which he was forced to marry. To someone that really act like a child half the time. That's cute and funny....

The writers and producers was really trying to make a show longer to make money, that's why it's 24 episodes, 5-7 episodes were really pointless. If I were to reedited this show it will probably be 10-12 episodes....

The flaw of this drama like sooo many of the korean dramas not enought of the truer elements of buidling a true relationship between 2 people. There is no way anyone can be as stupid as CG is real life. NOWAY........It think it was episode 15 or 16 where Shin and CG when to the beach, the only pictures Shin took were of CG...That was really the turning point were Shin actually REALLY Love his wife.

They comes back to the palace and start fight again. More jealousy were created to make the show longer, they start fighting again....it's really stupid...What happened to the the happy moment she spend at the beach....it's like it never happened.

How many time do you see Shin and CG being happy together and embrace each other feeling as opposite to see them fighting? Do see them fighting a lot more.

CG keep saying she have fallen inlove with Shin but doesn't know if Shin love her back. But I think it's the other way around. Shin love CG but doesn't if CG Love him back.

She get mad and upset when Shin kiss her, but it ok of them to sleep side by side. than goes around and tell eveyone she fallen in love with the prince than accurse the prince of not loving her back. If Shin had kissed her in episodes 1 than she have to right to get mad but after 15 episodes she still get mad. What's the point of saying she love Shin than?

here's a question to everyone? What has CG done to show is actually love Shin? nothing.....Shin was the one to kiss her first, he took all the pictures of her, brought her gifts.

What CG should of done is understand that a prince have a superior complex attitude and break that down. She should block any more advance from Yul when she found out that Yul is in love with her. she should of stay true to her feelings and focus more on shin feeling...

This show is really stupid. I get insulted as a viewers...There's no sign of intelligence in this show at all. ON One is that stupid in really life.

carla-chan

Post by carla-chan » Mar 31st, '06, 21:20

so, don't whatch it. :roll

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Mar 31st, '06, 22:10

well, it would be fooliness if i don't finish the drama, since i am only 2 episode away....But i will not watch season 2 if this crap continue...

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Mar 31st, '06, 23:05

captain-nippon wrote: The flaw of this drama like sooo many of the korean dramas not enought of the truer elements of buidling a true relationship between 2 people. There is no way anyone can be as stupid as CG is real life. NOWAY........It think it was episode 15 or 16 where Shin and CG when to the beach, the only pictures Shin took were of CG...That was really the turning point were Shin actually REALLY Love his wife.

They comes back to the palace and start fight again. More jealousy were created to make the show longer, they start fighting again....it's really stupid...What happened to the the happy moment she spend at the beach....it's like it never happened.
i was extremely frustrated about this part, too... but, in a way, i can see why shin turned inwards again.. it seems like he's ready to have a happy relationship with his wife, then his past comes to smack him upside the head. he never really shared his feelings with anyone before. the fact that it's hyorin and what she did makes it worse than anything else that could have snuck up behind him. he's having fun with chaegyung, but not sharing anything with her yet, at this point. he hadn't quite opened up to cg yet, so he wasn't really likely to go to her and pour his heart out. he tried to deal with it himself. they really only see their own sides of the story, so even if shin goes to hyorin and tells her he's getting away from her, cg really only sees him going to hyorin. and it's not really eavesdropping if she stands inches away from them. XD

but yeah.. i was extremely annoyed with hyorin for doing what she did.. and i was frustrated as heck to have the problems keep getting extended. i'd have to agree with you on possibly cutting down to about 12 eps... if this is all that's going to be there. they could have spent the last 12 episodes moving the mood of the story instead of stagnating.
captain-nippon wrote: CG keep saying she have fallen inlove with Shin but doesn't know if Shin love her back. But I think it's the other way around. Shin love CG but doesn't if CG Love him back.

She get mad and upset when Shin kiss her, but it ok of them to sleep side by side. than goes around and tell eveyone she fallen in love with the prince than accurse the prince of not loving her back. If Shin had kissed her in episodes 1 than she have to right to get mad but after 15 episodes she still get mad. What's the point of saying she love Shin than?
couldn't it be both ways? i think i might have reacted the same way in the instances you mentioned. if i liked a guy.. and he didn't like me back.. and he suddenly kisses me, i'd be more likely to get confused than pleased. i don't want somebody who doesn't reciprocate my feelings to make any moves on me. =/ and i would get mad if i still don't know he likes me and then kisses me while we're arguing.. then says something insulting to cover up for his actions. but that's just me. other than that she shows her love by simply caring.
captain-nippon wrote: here's a question to everyone? What has CG done to show is actually love Shin? nothing.....Shin was the one to kiss her first, he took all the pictures of her, brought her gifts.
...people ask the same of my relationship in real life. *cough* anyway. i don't know if she's really shown shin so that shin can know for a fact that she cares. but she does try to understand him. unfortunately, part of this trying to understand shin has her stuck in the thought that he still cares for hyorin and she's in his way. but part of that is because of what she sees and the snippets she overhears. always the wrong place and the wrong time. she tries to understand that he's lonely, etc. i remember her trying to cheer him up a couple of times.. and other times she tried, she was either kicked out or intercepted by yul.. dammit. -___-;;
captain-nippon wrote: What CG should of done is understand that a prince have a superior complex attitude and break that down. She should block any more advance from Yul when she found out that Yul is in love with her. she should of stay true to her feelings and focus more on shin feeling...
totally agree with you on the yul front. she should keep telling him no when she even so much as suspects that he's going to start talking in that direction. i think it's alright for them to be friends, but she needs to be more obvious at just wanting to be friends. avoiding him for a week could work.. -____-;;

the series was slow and dragged on.. but i liked it nevertheless. the last two eps did make up for the building angst, but everything was just so sudden. it's like.. "angst, angst, angst, angst, bam!fix!" oh, well.. i'll hold to the thought that the writers (including the manhwa author) seem to just insert certain things at a whim. things progress normally (for the show), and then they come up with a thought.. and it's suddenly, drop everything, who-cares-where-it-came-from, insert a short transition to get us there! XD

and, yet, still.. i like the series...

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Mar 31st, '06, 23:59

kudo Beldaran, it's nice to know there someone who are on the same brainwavewith me. Maybe because you're 25. That could explain your maturity and understanding...

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Apr 1st, '06, 00:33

why does that suddenly make me feel oh so old? XD

i think i forgot to mention that i don't think she's stupid.. just dense.. (and as before-mentioned, always at the wrong place with the wrong timing)..

the show lacks that transition into friendship.. darn. would have loved to see them become friends first with a mutual understanding before ep 23.

spygirl

Post by spygirl » Apr 1st, '06, 02:05

awwwwwwwww so koooool
thank so much

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Apr 1st, '06, 03:26

beldaran wrote: the show lacks that transition into friendship.. darn. would have loved to see them become friends first with a mutual understanding before ep 23.
Well, I've noticed that with a lot of other K-dramas; Full House, Delightful Girl Chun Hyang. I think it's just a part of how they their stories, so ah well. Can't do anything about it, and it doesn't really make me enjoy these shows any less.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 1st, '06, 05:55

captain-nippon wrote:well, it would be fooliness if i don't finish the drama, since i am only 2 episode away....But i will not watch season 2 if this crap continue...
Good decision, because dramas are for only entertainment. If you can't withstand the storyline better not watch it, like I always do.

Secondly this drama is based on the Manga Manhwa, so, you'll have to blame the original writer, not the producers.

$.02

tracy_e

Post by tracy_e » Apr 1st, '06, 09:52

beldaran wrote:so.. uh. i think i missed something.

a few questions...
- i know it was cute/sweet/etc and everything.. but why IS it that she started running after the car? where was he going? was that ever mentioned? or was she just so sad to not be in the same place he was? the image of him going away from her? was it because he wasn't going to be around when she leaves the palace? ...what what? it's like all of a sudden she walks out with yul, shin is going somewhere, and she totally freaks out. i'm sorry.. i don't understand much korean. XD

- why did she kneel down in front of halma-mama? we cut from one scene to this one.. it seems totally out of nowhere. not to mention, her friends were suddenly there. o___O were they SUPPOSED to come? if it was a farewell to the elders, where are the others? did she just come to say goodbye to halma-mama?
as for everybody's big bang ending... XD
also thought it was cute that they got remarried. i'm not sure if i'm as crazy about her headwear as it was just so big XD but i did like her dress. the whole throwing up thing... maybe she just had a few too many egg tarts? XD although the look they gave each other in the end.. DOES seem indicative that something happened between them.. unless shin is thinking that maybe she went off with some other guy. ;) haha. j/k.
Oh well, I agree with you. That ending screen with the look they gave each other really indicates that something happened between them.
Also, Halma-mama did asked if it's baby? Then they are shocked, and looked at each other with that kind of look.
There's one pictures clips at the ending of them with a child...so I think in season 2, there will be a child. I hope it will be good. Most show when there's season 2, the story are rather draggy and not so interesting...for example, meteor garden.

aznbabygurl

Post by aznbabygurl » Apr 1st, '06, 10:10

Thanks for sharing

hirojiang

Post by hirojiang » Apr 1st, '06, 16:13

The day before yesterday i watched the last part of Goong in corean, only half an hour until YUL left Goong with his mom coz i couldn't watch it any more. I cried for YUL. He did the last thing for his lover, his mom and everyone in Goong , he assumed responsibility for all the bad things that he didn't commit. At last everyone in Goong was so happy except YUL and nobody took care of him and his feeling. Even tho his mom did bad things, he didn't have to assum responsibility. He was only 19 years old and only fell into the first love. So i think the Goong is cold including everyone in it. The reality is that the honor of a imperial family and happiness and welfare of his members is built on a 19-year old boy's sacrifice. At first time i don't like everyone in Goong, extremely don't like SHIN, i think i hate him. Coz he gave YUL the love letter and the photo of his father and YUL's mom. I don't know his motivation, but i think he wanna beat YUL. How duplicitous he is! He knew YUL's mom is the only rest thing YUL has and she is YUL's weakness, of course including the love to Jing. But he stil did it. Though many people think YUL's role is bad, but i wanna say at this piont Shin is much more brutal. At that time my good impression on Shin vanished absolutely. So i gave Goong up, even though it isnot finished. Coz the happiness of Shin and Jing is so illusive. I couldn't help asking the director and the dramawriter what they would like to publicize to us, besides hypocritical human , dissembling Goong, isn't there anything else. My beautiful mind and expect for Goong are broken.

Ao

Post by Ao » Apr 1st, '06, 16:32

i think Ju ji hoon as shin fits it perfectly...cute, hot, tall, handsome..etc. lol
and kim jung hoon as yul is perfect too....i love those guys!!! at first though, the girl as chae-kyung was a bit annoying to me..but i like her now

Ao

Post by Ao » Apr 1st, '06, 16:35

i have a question and sorry for double posting but did shin remain as the prince until the very end????/ or did yul replace him???

Bishie_Queen

Post by Bishie_Queen » Apr 1st, '06, 16:42

The person who succeeds the throne is:
Shin's Sister (whatever her name is)

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Apr 2nd, '06, 08:50

and the stupidest ending goes to Goong....it make no sense not that it made any sense from the start to begin with.
The worst part is the pregnant ending. It's not possible for CG to be Convinced in the few days that she met with Shin.....Even if they did had sex. But knowing that this is a korean drama. How do we know this baby isn't Someone else? There's was no evidence of CG and Shin having sex, everyone look so shock...and It's not possible to be Convinced after they day of having sex.

Stupid...

hihigurly

Post by hihigurly » Apr 2nd, '06, 09:35

captain-nippon wrote:The true this show would of been a really good show if the writer would ONLY STOP insultings the viewers and the realism of the a normal girl marrying into a royal family.

She's childish and a prince attitude was a prefect match for a miss match couple, which becomes a perfect couple. That what i like about this show is the relationship of a prince who later fall in love to someone which he was forced to marry. To someone that really act like a child half the time. That's cute and funny....

The writers and producers was really trying to make a show longer to make money, that's why it's 24 episodes, 5-7 episodes were really pointless. If I were to reedited this show it will probably be 10-12 episodes....

The flaw of this drama like sooo many of the korean dramas not enought of the truer elements of buidling a true relationship between 2 people. There is no way anyone can be as stupid as CG is real life. NOWAY........It think it was episode 15 or 16 where Shin and CG when to the beach, the only pictures Shin took were of CG...That was really the turning point were Shin actually REALLY Love his wife.

How many time do you see Shin and CG being happy together and embrace each other feeling as opposite to see them fighting? Do see them fighting a lot more.

CG keep saying she have fallen inlove with Shin but doesn't know if Shin love her back. But I think it's the other way around. Shin love CG but doesn't if CG Love him back.

here's a question to everyone? What has CG done to show is actually love Shin? nothing.....Shin was the one to kiss her first, he took all the pictures of her, brought her gifts.

What CG should of done is understand that a prince have a superior complex attitude and break that down. She should block any more advance from Yul when she found out that Yul is in love with her. she should of stay true to her feelings and focus more on shin feeling...

This show is really stupid. I get insulted as a viewers...There's no sign of intelligence in this show at all. ON One is that stupid in really life.
err...this is a drama...which means its make believe...so obviously there will be things that wont exist in real life. :blink: ... you keep insulting the show blah blah blah but if you think about it, all dramas are like that... and if you hate this show soo much you dont even have to watch the last two episodes...no one's forcing you to.... :blink

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Apr 2nd, '06, 09:45

hihigurly wrote:
captain-nippon wrote:The true this show would of been a really good show if the writer would ONLY STOP insultings the viewers and the realism of the a normal girl marrying into a royal family.

err...this is a drama...which means its make believe...so obviously there will be things that wont exist in real life. :blink: ... you keep insulting the show blah blah blah but if you think about it, all dramas are like that... and if you hate this show soo much you dont even have to watch the last two episodes...no one's forcing you to.... :blink
Hmm... actually what hihigurly said is true... this is just a drama which obviously won't take place in real life... But looking on the bright side, seeing as to how this drama has the ability to invoke such strong emotions from some of you, this all just comes down to one thing. We are all actually trying to say that, "These people are just so good in playing their own special roles that it actually makes us feel like it's real, cos they've played their role very well". So I guess we should just give credit to them for their acting skills instead of making yourself feel bad after watching this drama... Drama is only a kind of entertainment for all of us who likes watching it, so try looking on the bright side, sit back and have fun! :lol

tracy_e

Post by tracy_e » Apr 2nd, '06, 11:54

KoreanMania wrote:
hihigurly wrote:

Hmm... actually what hihigurly said is true... this is just a drama which obviously won't take place in real life... But looking on the bright side, seeing as to how this drama has the ability to invoke such strong emotions from some of you, this all just comes down to one thing. We are all actually trying to say that, "These people are just so good in playing their own special roles that it actually makes us feel like it's real, cos they've played their role very well". So I guess we should just give credit to them for their acting skills instead of making yourself feel bad after watching this drama... Drama is only a kind of entertainment for all of us who likes watching it, so try looking on the bright side, sit back and have fun! :lol
I agree with koreanmania. Drama and movies are entertainment of our life. Some have no story line and meaning, and doesn't make sense at all. There are also movies that represent Someone's fantasies and that will never happened in real life. However, we all enjoyed watching those shows. We laugh, cry, angry, admire, and for awhile, we thought we're in the show...by saying, if i'm he/she, I'll do this..I won't be like this. And also, we like guessing what will happen and wonder how's the ending will be. Now that the show is finished, we complained that it doesn't make sense.

If we think carefully, we had gone through all the feelings and moments in the show, and then only realised that it doesn't make sense. In other words, we don't have senses too, as we had been waiting for the show impatiently, and following the show for 3 whole months.

Let's not complain too much on the show. The writer, and the casts all had worked really hard to produce this great show for all of us to enjoy. A show that make some people wonders and hope that they have a life like Shin and CG. We should indeed praise and thank them and wait for season 2, and hope that it will be as good.

Jobinbin

Post by Jobinbin » Apr 2nd, '06, 13:22

well said. lets not complaining again. it doesnt make sense to complaint so much after finish the shw. If someone wanna feedback more value add topic, please do it during the show cast ......

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Apr 2nd, '06, 13:39

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Apr 2nd, '06, 13:40

tracy_e wrote:
KoreanMania wrote:
hihigurly wrote:
I agree with koreanmania. Drama and movies are entertainment of our life. Some have no story line and meaning, and doesn't make sense at all. There are also movies that represent Someone's fantasies and that will never happened in real life. However, we all enjoyed watching those shows. We laugh, cry, angry, admire, and for awhile, we thought we're in the show...by saying, if i'm he/she, I'll do this..I won't be like this. And also, we like guessing what will happen and wonder how's the ending will be. Now that the show is finished, we complained that it doesn't make sense.

If we think carefully, we had gone through all the feelings and moments in the show, and then only realised that it doesn't make sense. In other words, we don't have senses too, as we had been waiting for the show impatiently, and following the show for 3 whole months.

Let's not complain too much on the show. The writer, and the casts all had worked really hard to produce this great show for all of us to enjoy. A show that make some people wonders and hope that they have a life like Shin and CG. We should indeed praise and thank them and wait for season 2, and hope that it will be as good.
And I agree with tracy too, everything tracy said was what I was trying so hard to put into words.. :D All's been said... maybe it's like been mentioned here few pages back... Some things which happened in Season 1, like how Chae Gyung got pregnant which left questions marks abt how it happened, maybe that's what the writer & director have exactly in mind.

To make ppl wonder and keep wondering in anticipation, 'when did it happen? how?' and they would reveal it all in Season 2. Who knows what will happen? Maybe they will have some flashbacks from Season 1 abt how things ended then and the whole puzzle will eventually fit into place... haha starting some more speculations here again, eh? But till then, let's just live with all the speculations abt the ending and hang on to our own conclusions till Season 2. It's still too early to say, but as long as they stick with the same casts, it should be something to be looked forward to, don't you think? I'm definitely looking forward to it already.. :wub: Here, I would like to take the chance again to thank everyone who worked so hard and spending so much of their precious time in subbing this drama for us! :cheers:

lovely_nightmare

Post by lovely_nightmare » Apr 2nd, '06, 15:19

i think it ended very well. The whole reason i watch Dramas is that its not life like, crazy things do happen and you jst have to belive thats the way it is.. i could critisize alot of fmouse movies for doing some of the same things you guys are mentioning here.. i say just watch and enjoy its just entertainment its not supposed to be taken so seriously!!

kiSs_02

Post by kiSs_02 » Apr 2nd, '06, 17:10

um actually just because directors make a drama longer than it usually is doesn't mean that it's because they want more money.. hullo.. all of u guyz have to admit tat when something ACTUALLY happens.. u guyz were all psyched to see more of that drama.. right? so by making longer the drama becomes more meaningful, etc. etc.

Jinusean

Post by Jinusean » Apr 2nd, '06, 20:10

This is one of the wort Series Ever.

How can you guys watch this? I wouldn't watch this to kill time even if I had nothing to do.

I somehow got through the first 12 episodes. WOW THIS DRAMA SUCKS SO BAD came to mind.

= Second rate acting
= Not funny
= After 12 episodes What.. NOTHING HAPPENS, The main guy is still frustrating to watch.
= Terrible delivery & execution

Score: 1/10

cees

Post by cees » Apr 2nd, '06, 20:24

Jinusean wrote:This is one of the wort Series Ever.

How can you guys watch this? I wouldn't watch this to kill time even if I had nothing to do.

I somehow got through the first 12 episodes. WOW THIS DRAMA SUCKS SO BAD came to mind.

= Second rate acting
= Not funny
= After 12 episodes What.. NOTHING HAPPENS, The main guy is still frustrating to watch.

well it is ur opinion.....i think it is the best drama ever ......and i think that it would be better if u kept ur opinion to urself....

:wub: :wub: I LOVE THIS DRAMA.....IT IS THE BEST DRAMA EVER :wub: :wub:

10/10

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 2nd, '06, 20:27

= Second rate acting
= Not funny

Its not as bad as a 1/10..some parts are a bit slow paced because they're always fighting but if you think of it in sort of like critizing a book, the director brings you back to the key point about 2 individuals who are so different and even though they are trying to cooperate with each other and somehow find something they like about each other, there is still that obstacle that is always standing in their way..an issue like a third (or fourth) party can not be so easily resolved

Maybe you're angry? cz whenever I get angry I tend to bash things and just like go all out and insult everything

You didn't find it funny? I thought it was a little bit funny...I like the girl character, she's funny sometimes and I find her cute cz at first I didn't like her

Also their acting might not be the best probably because they're just breaking into the industry? they'll gain experience and stuff

Also, you might not like it but I've seen a lot of Goong obessies so be careful not to make it look as if they don't have any taste in dramas when you say "How can you people watch this?" because even though its not to your taste, lots of other people still enjoy it and they'll be defensive when you attack something they like

MAEWOO

HMM....

Post by MAEWOO » Apr 2nd, '06, 20:54

I'M SURPRISED HOW MUCH FEELINGS THIS DRAMA CAN PULL FROM MANY OF ITS VIEWERS....ALTHOUGH BOTH SIDES HAVE GOOD POINTS, I HAVE MY ARGUMENTS TOO....IT'S TRUE THAT CG GETS MAD AT SHIN WHEN HE KISSES HER AND THEN LATER ON SAYS SHE'S UNSURE OF HIS FEELINGS....BUT THINK ABOUT IT!! ISN'T IT TRUE THAT SHIN NEVER REALLY DOES ANYTHING TO REALLY COMFORT HER?? AND WHEN SHE'S IN A BAD MOOD, HE SAYS THINGS THAT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE HE ONLY CARES FOR HIMSELF?? FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN HE ALLOWED HER TO GO HOME, THEN SHE GETS IN TROUBLE....HE SAID TO HER THAT BECAUSE SHE WAS CARELESS, HE'S IN TROUBLE TOO....DOESN'T THAT GIVE HER A REASON TO THINK THAT HE DOESN'T LOVE HER?? PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE CAN BE DUMBER THAN THE CHARACTERS IN THE DRAMA....BELIEVE ME COZ I KNO!! IT'S ONLY NATURAL THAT WHEN A GIRL FALLS IN LOVE, SHE HAS HER REPUTATION TO WORRY ABOUT....AND WHEN IT COMES TO GUYS, MOSTLY EVERYTHING IS ACCEPTED!! IT'S JUST HOW SOCIETY WORKS!! WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT SHIN IS SENDING CG MIXED MESSEGES AND IT CONFUSES HER!! PLUS, SHE DOESN'T PUSH YUL AWAY SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT SHE ONLY SEES HIM AS A FREN AND WANTS TO BE THERE FOR HIM....BESIDES, HAVING SOMEONE TO TALK TO THAT UNDERSTANDS YOU WHEN YOU'RE DOWN IS ALWAYS WELCOMED....HOWEVER, I DON'T BLAME CG FOR ANYTHING!! SHE KNOWS SHE LOVES SHIN AND SO SHE DOESN'T ACCEPT YUL....LOOK AT HYORIN, SHE'S SMART!! SHE KNOWS SHIN IS IN LOVE WITH CG SO SHE TOLD HIM TO SHOW HIS FEELINGS AND SHE TOLD CG TO NOT LET SHIN GO....SHE BACKED OUT BECAUSE SHE KNOWS WAT SHE'S UP AGAINST....AS FOR YUL, HE CAN'T GET IT THROUGH HIS HEAD THAT CG AND SHIN ARE IN LOVE....BESIDES, IT'S GROSS!! HOW CAN YOU TAKE IN SOMEONE THAT WAS WITH YOUR CUZ?? AND SHIN....WELLA, HE JUST GOTTA GET OUTTA HIS STUBBORN STAGE!! HE KNOWS HE LOVES HER AND HE OPENLY ADMITS IT TO HYORIN....SO WHY CAN'T HE JUST ADMIT TO CG THAT HE GETS JEALOUS WHEN SHE'S WITH YUL?? IT'S THE WAY HE TALKS TO HER THAT MAKES HER FEEL SHE'S NOTHING TO HIM....ALL IN ALL, THIS DRAMA IS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES!! I JUST HAVEN'T SEEN THE WHOLE THING BECAUSE I'M STILL PATIENTLY WAITING FOR SUBS....FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DOESN'T LIKE THIS DRAMA, UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE SUCH THINGS AS COMPLICATED AS THOSE IN THE DRAMA IN REAL LIFE....AND WHEN YOU WANT TO VENT OUT YOUR ANGER OR OPINIONS....PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE BECAUSE MANY OUT THERE DO LOVE THE DRAMA....AND FOR THOSE WHO LOVES THE DRAMA....PLEASE LET OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS SLIDE....IT'S OKAY FOR THEM TO SAY WAT THEY WANT BECAUSE IT'S HOW THEY FEEL!! I KNOW IT'S LIKE THEY'RE PUTTING DOWN SOMETHING YOU LOVE BUT AS LONG AS YOU KNO YOU LOVE IT THEN IT'S OKAY....JUST DON'T LET THIS DRAMA TURN TWO OPPOSING SIDES AGAINST EACH OTHER.....WELLA, HAPPY DRAMA WATCHING!!

emykina

Post by emykina » Apr 2nd, '06, 20:57

= Second rate acting
= Not funny

:alcoholic: maybe u not notice that u r writing in page 184..

kiSs_02

Post by kiSs_02 » Apr 2nd, '06, 21:07

actually .. at first i did think this was a bad drama like... around ep. 1-3.. but i was clearly OUT OF IT.. cuz when i watched till ep. 5, i started liking it MUCH more.. and then by episode 6 i was TOTALLY IN LOVE WIF THIS DRAMA.... :wub:

and also.. i think because of your attitude towards the drama, no matter how much you watch the episodes ur just gunna think it's bad cuz u have that negative feeling towards it.. but i dunno it's just my opinion..

and ALSO THIS DRAMA IS A 10/10!! it may be a bit slow but it's still aweseme.. :mrgreen:

precious_berlian

Re: HMM....

Post by precious_berlian » Apr 3rd, '06, 04:12

MAEWOO wrote:I'M SURPRISED HOW MUCH FEELINGS THIS DRAMA CAN PULL FROM MANY OF ITS VIEWERS....ALTHOUGH BOTH SIDES HAVE GOOD POINTS, I HAVE MY ARGUMENTS TOO....IT'S TRUE THAT CG GETS MAD AT SHIN WHEN HE KISSES HER AND THEN LATER ON SAYS SHE'S UNSURE OF HIS FEELINGS....BUT THINK ABOUT IT!! ISN'T IT TRUE THAT SHIN NEVER REALLY DOES ANYTHING TO REALLY COMFORT HER?? AND WHEN SHE'S IN A BAD MOOD, HE SAYS THINGS THAT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE HE ONLY CARES FOR HIMSELF?? FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN HE ALLOWED HER TO GO HOME, THEN SHE GETS IN TROUBLE....HE SAID TO HER THAT BECAUSE SHE WAS CARELESS, HE'S IN TROUBLE TOO....DOESN'T THAT GIVE HER A REASON TO THINK THAT HE DOESN'T LOVE HER?? PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE CAN BE DUMBER THAN THE CHARACTERS IN THE DRAMA....BELIEVE ME COZ I KNO!! IT'S ONLY NATURAL THAT WHEN A GIRL FALLS IN LOVE, SHE HAS HER REPUTATION TO WORRY ABOUT....AND WHEN IT COMES TO GUYS, MOSTLY EVERYTHING IS ACCEPTED!! IT'S JUST HOW SOCIETY WORKS!! WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT SHIN IS SENDING CG MIXED MESSEGES AND IT CONFUSES HER!! PLUS, SHE DOESN'T PUSH YUL AWAY SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT SHE ONLY SEES HIM AS A FREN AND WANTS TO BE THERE FOR HIM....BESIDES, HAVING SOMEONE TO TALK TO THAT UNDERSTANDS YOU WHEN YOU'RE DOWN IS ALWAYS WELCOMED....HOWEVER, I DON'T BLAME CG FOR ANYTHING!! SHE KNOWS SHE LOVES SHIN AND SO SHE DOESN'T ACCEPT YUL....LOOK AT HYORIN, SHE'S SMART!! SHE KNOWS SHIN IS IN LOVE WITH CG SO SHE TOLD HIM TO SHOW HIS FEELINGS AND SHE TOLD CG TO NOT LET SHIN GO....SHE BACKED OUT BECAUSE SHE KNOWS WAT SHE'S UP AGAINST....AS FOR YUL, HE CAN'T GET IT THROUGH HIS HEAD THAT CG AND SHIN ARE IN LOVE....BESIDES, IT'S GROSS!! HOW CAN YOU TAKE IN SOMEONE THAT WAS WITH YOUR CUZ?? AND SHIN....WELLA, HE JUST GOTTA GET OUTTA HIS STUBBORN STAGE!! HE KNOWS HE LOVES HER AND HE OPENLY ADMITS IT TO HYORIN....SO WHY CAN'T HE JUST ADMIT TO CG THAT HE GETS JEALOUS WHEN SHE'S WITH YUL?? IT'S THE WAY HE TALKS TO HER THAT MAKES HER FEEL SHE'S NOTHING TO HIM....ALL IN ALL, THIS DRAMA IS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES!! I JUST HAVEN'T SEEN THE WHOLE THING BECAUSE I'M STILL PATIENTLY WAITING FOR SUBS....FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DOESN'T LIKE THIS DRAMA, UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE SUCH THINGS AS COMPLICATED AS THOSE IN THE DRAMA IN REAL LIFE....AND WHEN YOU WANT TO VENT OUT YOUR ANGER OR OPINIONS....PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE BECAUSE MANY OUT THERE DO LOVE THE DRAMA....AND FOR THOSE WHO LOVES THE DRAMA....PLEASE LET OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS SLIDE....IT'S OKAY FOR THEM TO SAY WAT THEY WANT BECAUSE IT'S HOW THEY FEEL!! I KNOW IT'S LIKE THEY'RE PUTTING DOWN SOMETHING YOU LOVE BUT AS LONG AS YOU KNO YOU LOVE IT THEN IT'S OKAY....JUST DON'T LET THIS DRAMA TURN TWO OPPOSING SIDES AGAINST EACH OTHER.....WELLA, HAPPY DRAMA WATCHING!!
I am totally agree with u. People have their own opion. It just hard to make people see things from ur point of view. Juz respect all the views and let not fight over it. Dramas are for entertaining ourselves. :cheers:

HopelessxRomantic

Post by HopelessxRomantic » Apr 3rd, '06, 04:34

someone told me that this whole drama is CG's dream

does anyone know if this is true or not??

also gawd you people need to stop complaining about this drama
if you dont like it then at least be nice and stop not b*tching so much :blink

AngelSerenityPrincess

Post by AngelSerenityPrincess » Apr 3rd, '06, 04:43

HopelessxRomantic wrote:someone told me that this whole drama is CG's dream

no its not her dream
someone must not have watch the drama
tell him or her
watch it before saying some untrue stuff

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 3rd, '06, 08:24

If I were to rate this drama, it would be 10/10

That's the best drama ever, why? because the PD did produce something appalling to your curiosity and your feelings. Some might not love it because they are comparing reality and fictious. But a drama is for only entertainement, and dramas rarely reflects reality.

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Apr 3rd, '06, 15:11

I've done a musicvideo too.^^ (Episode 17 and 18)It's my fist musicvideo.

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Apr 3rd, '06, 18:36

AngelSerenityPrincess wrote:
HopelessxRomantic wrote:someone told me that this whole drama is CG's dream

no its not her dream
someone must not have watch the drama
tell him or her
watch it before saying some untrue stuff
i think i've seen this brought up... and it was stated as a speculation... "what if, in the end, it all turned out to be a dream"... just because the story starts with the, "what if korea still had a monarchy" (not exact words =p).. so they thought it would be interesting if she dreamed all this up, and then woke up and met shin..

i can't remember who exactly brought it up first...

but i'd be doubly frustrated if they end it like that.. that is the ultimate deus ex machina that should really be a thing of the... 80's... or something. XD oh, well..

besides.. there were a lot of really hard things and really happy things that have happened, that if i'd been dreaming something like that, i might just wake up heartbroken...

liquidfir
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by liquidfir » Apr 3rd, '06, 19:11

captain-nippon
erhmm is anyone forcing u with a gun to watch goong?
u can just stop err "abusing ur integrity". just stop watching it then.

Everyone has different opinions. i mean u have urs and we have ours.
so if u think that show is rotting lousy,and instead of writing 2000words essays u can just then jUST stop watching it?
that will be the end of ur problems right??
so yeah~~ i am sure u will find another drama more realistic.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Apr 3rd, '06, 19:36

^ totally agree.. nobody's forcing you to watch this drama or any other one :blink
I mean ok,I did not find it interesting in the first few episodes,but it got better by episode 6 and that is the case for most dramas.
I also don't think you should judge a drama unless you've watched all episodes..

eh anyway.. I liked Goong,wouldn't say it was the best drama ever,but it certainly is one of the best I've watched XD

bluberri_oreo

Post by bluberri_oreo » Apr 3rd, '06, 23:47

imagine the whole story was just CG's dream. wouldn't that piss us off? but it'd be interesting if it was just a dream and she woke up and met shin like beldaran mentioned.