[Discussion] Stairway to Heaven (SBS, 2003)

Discuss Korean drama series here.

How would you rate Stairway to Heaven

Life-Altering
34%
See it
41%
Probably shouldn't miss it
11%
Only if you have time
9%
STAY AWAY
5%

Total votes: 154

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Stairway to Heaven (SBS, 2003)

Post by MajidB » Jan 26th, '05, 20:32

Discuss. How did you like the end? What did you think about the story?
I just recently finished Stairway to Heaven and i found it really really sad. But one thing that really bothers me is the microphone head :glare: :thumbdown:

larbautista

Post by larbautista » Jan 26th, '05, 20:47

Hi! Yeah the ending was kinda sad. But I really liked the actor there. He's so good. Really felt the emotions! :wub:

larb

apples

Post by apples » Jan 26th, '05, 21:21

i was eager to watch this since they adopted so much stuffs from beautiful days (the house, the condo where soon-joo's bday was celebrated, choi ji woo, her dad, the stepmom, the director).

i read the whole summary, so it sort of ruined the ending for me since I know what was going to happen. at the rate it was being released, i couldn't wait to find out what would happen. big mistake.. i should've waited. i didn't cry but there were really really sad scenes. esp those of KSW..

after months of watching the last episode, it occurred to me that it was a bit ridiculous... soon-joo being followed by his men in black all the time.. i couldn't handlle choi ji woo's crying anymore.. i really liked her before (cos of beautiful days), but she did too much wailing and it really got on my nerves. i think kim tae hee did a great job in making me hate her character... she was so good that i can't help but dislike her also ( i really didn't like her eyes almost popping out whenever she and jun-suh confronts each other.. i think the younger yuuri was better at being evil.).. maybe i should watch her good dramas to get rid of disliking her too much..

it followed all if not most of the ten commandments of korean dramas.
what tae-hwa did in the end is a bit disturbing.. what if he got other innocent ppl involved? well, in real life, there really are many crazy drivers.
i like beautiful days much more than this one.

stupoh

Re: [Discussion] Stairway To Heaven *SPOILERS*

Post by stupoh » Jan 26th, '05, 22:08

MajidB wrote: I just recently finished Stairway to Heaven and i found it really really sad. But one thing that really bothers me is the microphone head :glare: :thumbdown:
just recently finished too and i think the ending wasnt really necessary. why do they have to follow the 10 commandements? anyway, what do you mean by microphone head?

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Jan 26th, '05, 22:19

apples wrote:i was eager to watch this since they adopted so much stuffs from beautiful days (the house, the condo where soon-joo's bday was celebrated, choi ji woo, her dad, the stepmom, the director).

i read the whole summary, so it sort of ruined the ending for me since I know what was going to happen. at the rate it was being released, i couldn't wait to find out what would happen. big mistake.. i should've waited. i didn't cry but there were really really sad scenes. esp those of KSW..

after months of watching the last episode, it occurred to me that it was a bit ridiculous... soon-joo being followed by his men in black all the time.. i couldn't handlle choi ji woo's crying anymore.. i really liked her before (cos of beautiful days), but she did too much wailing and it really got on my nerves. i think kim tae hee did a great job in making me hate her character... she was so good that i can't help but dislike her also ( i really didn't like her eyes almost popping out whenever she and jun-suh confronts each other.. i think the younger yuuri was better at being evil.).. maybe i should watch her good dramas to get rid of disliking her too much..

it followed all if not most of the ten commandments of korean dramas.
what tae-hwa did in the end is a bit disturbing.. what if he got other innocent ppl involved? well, in real life, there really are many crazy drivers.
i like beautiful days much more than this one.
I watched episode 20 again, seemed like tae-wha didn't hit somebody else's car. I find it weird tho that the car didn't have a AirBag ( to protect from a crash ) also.. where did he get a car from?
For some reason.. i like Tae-wha's character better than Song-joo character. Everytime Tae-wha show's up, i get all excited.. especialy when they play the Ave Maria track :D
I find Jun-suh's father really weird tho.. She just returns home after like 5 years... and her father is all excited.. after a few days he totally forget about her.. it's like.. "Oh my god! your back! good to see you! * cries *. then that's it.. back to normal life.. if u all know what i mean :lol ?

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Jan 26th, '05, 22:29

stupoh wrote:
MajidB wrote: I just recently finished Stairway to Heaven and i found it really really sad. But one thing that really bothers me is the microphone head :glare: :thumbdown:
just recently finished too and i think the ending wasnt really necessary. why do they have to follow the 10 commandements? anyway, what do you mean by microphone head?
How could u not know what i mean by that :| or perhaps not notice it? Well.. athleast this didn't have as much microphone head mistakes like winter sonata :glare:. I can't remember any mistakes except this one atm...
Episode 20
Time: 58:20 - 58:32
Look at the top of Song Joo and Jun-suh's head...

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Jan 26th, '05, 22:37

I didn't like the end specially with the twist on ep 19, come on writers give her a chance :-(

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jan 26th, '05, 23:04

Takez0 wrote:I didn't like the end specially with the twist on ep 19, come on writers give her a chance :-(
spoiler wrote:I've heard that for Beautiful days CJW was supposed to die also. But by popular vote they didn't kill her. The same thing happened with STH, people voted to kill her. (this is what i heard). I've also heard that CJW reads all the scripts first before accepting roles. So, the death of her character in STH was agreed upon. :lol But couldn't you tell from the first episode, that she was going to die anyways?

freesia39

Post by freesia39 » Jan 27th, '05, 02:47

i've only watched this drama in korean with my bf. i know NO korean but he would translate every now and then for me.

i was just so disturbed that this show was a cross between winter sonata, autumn tale, and the eye video. it might not have been that bad in that respect, it just made it worse that they used they SAME ACTORS!

i haven't re-watched all of it in english yet, but i hope to soon. :D it was pretty good, and it would move, but man, it just kept bothering me that i've heard these storylines before...

and i wanted to smack the mother so badly.

apples

Post by apples » Jan 27th, '05, 09:01

MajidB wrote:
apples wrote:
I watched episode 20 again, seemed like tae-wha didn't hit somebody else's car. I find it weird tho that the car didn't have a AirBag ( to protect from a crash ) also.. where did he get a car from?
[/spoiler]
For some reason.. i like Tae-wha's character better than Song-joo character. Everytime Tae-wha show's up, i get all excited.. especialy when they play the Ave Maria track :D
I find Jun-suh's father really weird tho.. She just returns home after like 5 years... and her father is all excited.. after a few days he totally forget about her.. it's like.. "Oh my god! your back! good to see you! * cries *. then that's it.. back to normal life.. if u all know what i mean :lol ?

lolz... :lol sorry i had to confuse you.. i said "what if". i just thought it was irresponsible for him to do that.

actually, it's opposite for me. although what tae-hwa did was out of love, i wouldn't trust him again if i were jung-suh (well, up to some point at least). she forgot about being betrayed so quickly.

didn't they run too much in this drama? they'd chase each other.. then push each other as soon as the person they're chasing after responds. or is it the same in most kdramas?

Carn

Post by Carn » Jan 27th, '05, 09:05

Hahahaha, that's what my dad asked, apples! XD He was like "They're always crying or running.."

stupoh

Post by stupoh » Jan 27th, '05, 14:13

MajidB wrote: How could u not know what i mean by that :| or perhaps not notice it? Well.. athleast this didn't have as much microphone head mistakes like winter sonata :glare:. I can't remember any mistakes except this one atm...
:lol i guess i just didnt notice before, i havent watch winter sonata so maybe that's why i never realized.
i checked ep 20 and finally notice the mic :glare:, but if you didnt tell me i think i'd never noticed that.
anyway it's kinda funny to know that kdrama sometimes has that kind of mistakes :lol

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 27th, '05, 14:32

stupoh wrote:anyway it's kinda funny to know that kdrama sometimes has that kind of mistakes :lol
Every K-drama I've watched has those mistakes, actually. Especially STH & Winter Sonata.

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Jan 27th, '05, 15:13

Jannah wrote:
stupoh wrote:anyway it's kinda funny to know that kdrama sometimes has that kind of mistakes :lol
Every K-drama I've watched has those mistakes, actually. Especially STH & Winter Sonata.
Stairway to heaven also had a few mistakes where you could see the reflection of the camera or the lights, i noticed does a couple of times, but i can't remember which episode.
Off Topic
The only kdrama i have seen so far without any microphone mistakes are:
Love letter (16/16) - Sad Sonata (1/??) ( Kdramas. ) *Applause to them * *
I remember when i watched Let's go to School Sang-Doo. I kept hoping that in such a good drama there wouldn't be any mistakes, but in the few last episodes.. it just had to happen :lol

lumpen

Post by lumpen » Jan 27th, '05, 15:23

yeah, i agreed - microphone head showed at last episode (Stairway to Heaven), when she is dying soon at the beach side. Actually i realised, many korean series always make a mistake of showing the microphone head. Korean movies doing very well, but not the drama series. They should really consider it, to cut the scene or reshoot the scene which the microphone head showed.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Feb 4th, '05, 02:55

moved to kdrama review forum

Dahee Fanel

Post by Dahee Fanel » Feb 5th, '05, 01:45

I remember being so obsessed with this drama, but now that I look back on it, I realize how cliche and overdone it was. Of course, it was still enjoyable, but I can't help feeling that it could have been a lot better than it actually ended up being.

The one part that REALLY made me bawl my eyes out was when KSW was pretending to be the Ugly Dude (as I call him, hehe), and CJW was blind, and they went around together, and she tried to break up with him... :cry:

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Feb 8th, '05, 10:05

Cecille b's 10 commandments met to a dot.

but funny thing is, I still enjoyed it.

That guy was a pretty good actor. How do you cry so easily on the spot?? method acting with onions?

ggood fun. see it.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 8th, '05, 10:23

For a long long long time, I would have place Stairway to Heaven as a "life-altering" drama....

but after not watching it while waiting for it to be subbed by KD and FOB (then, when FOB also took part in subbing this).....i lost the giddiness I had when i first started watching it.

i rated STH a "see-it" drama. all the hype has gone away but i still cried after watching the ending even though it expected and cliqueish.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Feb 12th, '05, 08:11

Okay, I'm up to ep 16, and counting the number of variations on Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" I've heard so far. I think it's up to about 6.

I know there's every cliche in the book here so far, but who cares? This drama's killing me..... :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

I'm a sap, I know. Maybe go watch an ep or two of Autumn Tale to cheer up?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Feb 12th, '05, 08:39

aNToK wrote: Maybe go watch an ep or two of Autumn Tale to cheer up?
Isn't Autumn Tale almost as depressing? This month's KSOTM, Sweet 18, will cheer you up! :mrgreen:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Feb 12th, '05, 09:19

Touch of sarcasm, me. Autumn Tale was depressing as hell. Good drama though. SHK in all her teary finest!!!

I'm on a :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: kick lately.

o0Tsukushi0o

Post by o0Tsukushi0o » Feb 12th, '05, 09:38

I was so obsessed with this drama but then I was disappointed by the ending. Overall it was a good drama but it would have been better if it has a happier ending.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Feb 12th, '05, 09:43

aNToK wrote:Touch of sarcasm, me. Autumn Tale was depressing as hell. Good drama though. SHK in all her teary finest!!!

I'm on a :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: kick lately.
:lol :lol :lol Autumn Tale was rather depressing, but I thought STH was way up there on the depressing scale. :crazy:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Feb 13th, '05, 08:22

Okay, just finished!!!

Okay, overall there was a LOT of Autumn Tale in this drama to me. Though I'm a bigger fan of SHK than CJW normally, I think I liked Stairway better. While the microphone-head kept popping up, it's easy enough to ignore. The whole "men in black" entourage seemed a bit silly while he's making his rounds, but it's forgivable. It's kind of interestin watching this one while also watching "Harvard Love Story", as Kim Tae Hee and the old white dude have complete personality flip-flops between the two.

May sound strange, but I found myself with a more uplifted feeling at the end of this than I thought I would. Some things were happy, some things were sad, but we got one of those rare gems when it comes to Kdramas-- Just about every subplot was resolved!!!
Maybe I felt that this ending was uplifting because as CJW said in front of her brother's painting, "I've accomplished all of it". She had gotten all of the most important things that she wished for, Her brother felt good because he was able to give her what she wanted most in life, and our hero gained enough love an memories to last until they meet again. That's probably why I liked it. Mom-in-law was a crazy **** anyway, so she got what she deserved. Sis's heartfelt and hesitant "I'm sorry" spoke volumes. Wonder what she would have been like if Mom wasn't so damn nuts...
The one I feel most sorry for is her Father. Poor guy lost his daughter to death, but just as important, his feelings for his wife and step-daughter were shattered and he has to live with knowing how blind he was about their treatment of her

watsup

Post by watsup » Feb 15th, '05, 02:11

do you have all the song for this series ?? thanks alot

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Feb 15th, '05, 02:36

Does this look like the request thread?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Feb 15th, '05, 06:44

aNToK wrote:Okay, just finished!!!

Okay, overall there was a LOT of Autumn Tale in this drama to me. Though I'm a bigger fan of SHK than CJW normally, I think I liked Stairway better. While the microphone-head kept popping up, it's easy enough to ignore.
I liked Autumn Tale better. CJW's character was really getting on my nerves by the end of the drama. And the regular appearances of the mike head annoyed the heck out of me. Sometimes it showed up during the emotional scenes, which totally spoilt the mood for me! :crazy:

The one I feel most sorry for is her Father. Poor guy lost his daughter to death, but just as important, his feelings for his wife and step-daughter were shattered and he has to live with knowing how blind he was about their treatment of her.

I didn't feel sorry for the father at all. I thought he was pretty dumb to be living for years in the same house without knowing or suspecting what was going on! As if he was blind! Whenever he appeared onscreen I felt like bashing his head against the wall for being such an insensitive dad. :crazy:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Feb 15th, '05, 14:51

True, this.

apples

Post by apples » Feb 16th, '05, 01:44

Jannah wrote: I liked Autumn Tale better. CJW's character was really getting on my nerves by the end of the drama.
if i didn't watch sth, i don't think i really miss much. i really liked CJW from beatiful days, but now, I can't stand her. I've watched a couple episodes of winter sonata and I'm thinking of staying away from it for a long time. just enough time to forget her character from this sth.

lolz.. i felt the same way whenever the dad pops into the scene. and jun-suh doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all .. okay she did say something about it, but after that, it was like no big deal anymore

i'm not a big fan of autumn tale, but i liked it more than sth. so i vote for only if you have time.

mainemanx

Post by mainemanx » Feb 21st, '05, 15:53

Finally finished it.... last episodes were the off-the-air Honolulu TV versions. At first the low quality bothered me, but then it seemed more an artistic effect and added to the overall impact.

Don't be so critical folks! This is a beautiful drama! Of course it is a Korean Drama, with all the usual flaws. Uneven, slow at times, several scenes are overacted because they were over-written and impossible to perform, a few technical mistakes--all the things that attract us to these diversions.

I think much of this is due to their tight scheduling. According to one of the Winter Sonata specials they work on each episode up to an hour before its first showing. Plus, with their 40% Korean content law, it does seem at times that they are just trying to fill 20 hours... drawn out, silent, explore-the-facial-expressions scenes, repeat scenes, etc.

Choi Ji Woo was as beautiful, sad, pathetic and sympathetic self as ever. The two male leads were at least her equal.

Much of the music was reminiscent of 1950s Fellini films... especially La Strada. In fact, I think I see a lot of similarities with many of Fellini's earlier work... which I intend to be the highest compliment!

Maybe not life-altering, but definitely a MUST SEE. Best scene? No doubt, the last scene on the beach.

:cry:

*- Foxy-Lotus -*

Post by *- Foxy-Lotus -* » Feb 22nd, '05, 20:59

OH coool...ok ok....^^

I can say that I just loooving thes Drama.....^^ I only watch till epsiode 10....( all the other I'll watch with my mum soon ^______^)

It's just very very excited.....I looving it ^______________^ :w00t: :w00t:

l7zhang

Wonderful Drama

Post by l7zhang » Feb 23rd, '05, 23:10

I loved this drama, especially the male lead. He was great, especially during the emotional scenes, it felt real not acting at all. :wub:

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Feb 23rd, '05, 23:30

I didn't like taihua's character in this one...but I always seem to sympathize with theguy who's not the main character. Maybe because I know he's not going to get the girl lol. and the relationship between the girl and the not quite main guy lead is more developed in the middle, it's like the main character sort of disappears in the middle of the sotry then comes back near the end...like in autumn tale.

janossyd

Post by janossyd » Feb 25th, '05, 23:00

I really like this drama.... Everything in the drama except the step mother and eunice... grr.. they're making me mad... and go berserk!

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Mar 5th, '05, 03:45

Stairway to Heaven ~ life altering?
Sure it is…

It took me a year and two months to finally finish this “infamous” kdrama. Man, I can still remember those days, when I won’t miss a day without checking fob…wishing that the status for STH ep3 would move…even if it’s only a millimeter. A lot of us wished and prayed that zola would lock himself in his room and just sub all day and all night. But winter had gone and winter came again; the layout for the site had turned blueberry to pumpkin; flame wars everywhere; the shoutbox has been shut down multiple times;kdrama was born and the STH-war went on; Touya became known as the banner king…and yet today, the site that used to draw foul-mouthed inner beings from ordinary reserved individuals is sadly dead and gone. Error 400: Bad Request. I miss it. Really. :mrgreen:

Most of us who faithfully followed fob, along with their stylish and memorable releases have been affected greatly after kyle kindly uploaded the 2nd half of the show...I knew for sure that I was gonna tear up every minute of the ending. I was wrong. Instead, I continued to pretend I like it…but in reality, Choi Ji Woo the great, tortured and chopped my eardrums into bits and pieces every time she screamed “Opppaaaaaaaa.” How could a word so endearing turn nightmarish? I suffered as Soong Ju suffered in those five years.

The precious childhood love that I’ve been gushing about in one of the torrents' page veered into a series of ridiculous repetitions…at the beach, skating rink, amusement park, sidewalk, in an apartment and a football field…
" ah, OPPA!”…”ohhhh, OPPA!!!!”…Oh, Lord…what have I done to deserve this?

It took me another month and a half to watch the last episode. I’ve been dreading it. Fortunately, it’s one of the better endings I’ve seen. I’ve even managed a couple of “ahh, I get it” expressions towards the last few minutes of the show. Funny, but I didn’t feel sad at all. The ending, at long last, fulfilled STH’s taglines…let me see if could remember it, “ In heaven…where there is no pain, sadness nor separation.” hmn..am I missing a word?

Life altering...but as one of the audiences who’ve seen the “light”, I voted for see it. A lot of kdrama virgins who started STH a few weeks ago, loved it and didn’t see any flaws whatsoever. I do not deny that Kwon Sang Woo, Shin Hyun Joon(Tae-hwa) delivered excellent performances…oh all right, Choi Ji Woo minus the deadly screams is OK too. Her performance in Winter Sonata was a bit subdued, while in STH, it was overcooked.

I've enjoyed the 1st 6 episodes of STH, particularly, 4&5. After that it was either flat or downhill. I've reached a point when I got sick of "Ave Maria." Nevertheless, one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. Without the music, it wouldn't be as affecting. Without the "Bogo ship uh" karaoke/translations, it wouldn't be as heartwrenching.

Now that I think about it, fob had saved us from falling into the clutches of STH’s extravagantly clichéd plot by letting us explore other kdrama titles...much, much better than STH.

theoden

Post by theoden » Mar 22nd, '05, 20:16

this drama was excrutiating, but I got so into it I had to watch it all. kee jae bae, was very evil in this one.

rel

Post by rel » Mar 23rd, '05, 20:53

Its very good, but it hasnt topped (Im sorry I love you) in my opinion!

K-KisS84

Post by K-KisS84 » Mar 28th, '05, 00:02

Uhh
How Can i find the soundtrack?? uuhhh just the song that is always repeat (a guy sing)

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Mar 28th, '05, 00:52

awwww i just finish watching all this dramaaa ...soooooooo sad in the end.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :-( :-( :-(

i am not going to spoil it but again its a MUST drama to watch..now i am currently watching sad love story.

ThE OnLY OnE

Post by ThE OnLY OnE » May 18th, '05, 01:50

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....it was soo.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ...

i can't find any other words to describe the impression it left on me, but TEARS and TEars...and tears......

it was good..

truong.michelle

finished

Post by truong.michelle » May 18th, '05, 01:54

*sob*..it was so good, but it's so sad..

truong.michelle

soundtrack

Post by truong.michelle » May 18th, '05, 01:55

Does anyone know where the lyrics can be found?

innocentchica

Re: soundtrack

Post by innocentchica » May 18th, '05, 02:19

truong.michelle wrote:Does anyone know where the lyrics can be found?
you can find them here: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/kpoplyrics ... t_main.htm :-)

enuyasha

Post by enuyasha » May 23rd, '05, 19:20

I also finally got around to watching the rest of this drama and up till ep9 I was hooked.

When CJW finally got her memory back I thought she was going to tell KSW but for no reason that I can come up with she didn't!

It should've ended like at ep10 but of course they dragged it out.

and the microphone boom really got annoying after a few times!
I just wanted to kick the director and everybody for NOT seeing it!

All the hype of this drama was really overrated and the writing could've been better.
The ending was pretty predictable and it's a big waste of time in my opinion.

Autumn Tale was ten times better :D

LGP1520

Post by LGP1520 » May 30th, '05, 03:40

I always felt that the story was kind of flawed. They were 9th graders when they started liking each and they weren't even that madly in love. How is it even possible that they could love each other so much 10 years from now? These amensia movies always amaze me. When the character gets back their memory, they just discard the past 5 years of their lives like it's nothing and start yearning for the past.

apples

Post by apples » Jun 1st, '05, 11:08

LGP1520 wrote:I always felt that the story was kind of flawed. They were 9th graders when they started liking each and they weren't even that madly in love. How is it even possible that they could love each other so much 10 years from now? These amensia movies always amaze me. When the character gets back their memory, they just discard the past 5 years of their lives like it's nothing and start yearning for the past.
What I really didn't understand was she just forgave her step-brother so easily. If that was me, I would have been furious. Five years is a long time for someone in their late teens or early twenties (i assume she was around this age when she got into an accident). She lost the love of her life and the chance to finish her education. I also assume that she didn't get to go to college at all. Other than the 5 years lost, all the lies were just too much for any human to take.

i think 9th grade is quite young, but if there's a strong bond between two ppl, i believe it's still possible to have strong feelings towards each other.

fara_92

can sumbudy help me

Post by fara_92 » Mar 13th, '06, 14:45

can sum1 post diz ost but in mp3 format???????????i'm begging u all :cry:
Attachments
97755404.jpg
97755404.jpg (2.65 KiB) Viewed 7647 times

rakuz

Post by rakuz » Mar 16th, '06, 21:06

i cried my eyes out the first time i seen this series...
got my blood boiling because of the step-mom and yoori of their lies, deceit and plotting... kinda got ewww because of the love of tae-hwa felt for jung-suh...but he was nicer than song-joo...song-joo turned out to be a mean, cold, business man...
its kinda hard to watch it again and again...the second time i watched it, i thought i wouldnt cry since i know wats gonna happen...but i still cried...not as much but still did...
i also love the scenes/scenery in the drama...and love the music/OST

darkrazor

Re: can sumbudy help me

Post by darkrazor » Mar 18th, '06, 12:24

fara_92 wrote:can sum1 post diz ost but in mp3 format???????????i'm begging u all :cry:

Code: Select all

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?info_hash=1a29231129f1b72a111040d65abbc406638dfed4

november

Post by november » Mar 28th, '06, 08:45

Wow, I just started watchin' this show and man is the mother/daughter combo of cunt relation, ****.
.but he was nicer than song-joo...song-joo turned out to be a mean, cold, business man...
Kinda wish I didn't look up a few posts, bah.

Nic
-ciao

november

Post by november » Mar 29th, '06, 10:26

I'm completely biased, wow. Now that Kim Tae-Hee is in the picture she can be bitchy all she wants and I still won't dislike the character. I just keep seeing Soo In from Love Story in Harvard.

xl0lxl0lx

Post by xl0lxl0lx » Mar 30th, '06, 04:28

this was very similar to sad sonata imo. this came out first but i watched it second. i hear how great this drama is all the time n it really wasn't. sad sonata is so much better, but no one likes it probably cuz they all saw this one first. their love was really unconvincing.

november

Post by november » Mar 30th, '06, 09:25

1, the guy in your sig on the left is from what show? Love Story in Harvard, eh? And, this one seems very drawn out compared to the others that I've seen. But it's still interesting. I'll try to check out the one that you mentioned and give my synopsis :).

Nic
-ciao

edit: There's a Cantonese torrent with eps 1 - 25 of Stairway to Heaven but it says that 20 is(final) on the Raw....?

xl0lxl0lx

Post by xl0lxl0lx » Mar 31st, '06, 04:43

^ i THINK that chinese versions of drama usually cut the episodes of dramas, like instead of 20 episodes that are 60 minutes each, they have a couple more episodes that are 45-50 minutes each.

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » May 31st, '06, 21:44

You know, i just want to say that even though this drama had parts where you were just like WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!! or "TURN AROUND SHE'S RIGHT THERE!" I truly loved this drama, it actually, in my books, is one of the best classics of all time. I loved the actors in this. It really seemed like i could feel their emotions and i think thats a key thing in dramas. Of course this was my very first K drama so i may be a little baised when it comes to this show but i just wanted to share my opinions on it here :-) Sure i cried alot in this drama (as early as ep. 3) but i'd say its worth watching, this is what got me into dramas in the first place.

But then, if your not a fan of the draggy SUPER SAD and cliched dramas then you might hate this so i dont suggest it for you....

ai-chan

Post by ai-chan » Jun 1st, '06, 00:44

jpoplover08 wrote:You know, i just want to say that even though this drama had parts where you were just like WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!! or "TURN AROUND SHE'S RIGHT THERE!" I truly loved this drama, it actually, in my books, is one of the best classics of all time. I loved the actors in this. It really seemed like i could feel their emotions and i think thats a key thing in dramas. Of course this was my very first K drama so i may be a little baised when it comes to this show but i just wanted to share my opinions on it here :-) Sure i cried alot in this drama (as early as ep. 3) but i'd say its worth watching, this is what got me into dramas in the first place.

But then, if your not a fan of the draggy SUPER SAD and cliched dramas then you might hate this so i dont suggest it for you....
yup!! that about summed up my thoughts too. It's cliche, but I can't help but love it!

drivemeh0me

Post by drivemeh0me » Jun 1st, '06, 20:45

I was wondering if anyone knew where i could buy STH with [GOOD] english subtitles for cheaper than the 90 some dollars it goes for on yesasia.

any help would be appreciated. thanks!

hangook

Post by hangook » Jun 15th, '06, 13:06

This is one of the pinnacle classic drama series..i dont understand WHY for the life of me, this thread only has FOUR pages whilst other subpar dramas have 10 pages?! Grr.
Anyway, i dont think there's much of an appreciation of older classics (i.e-Byul euneh Gasum eh<--OMG CLAASSSSSIC)...I just saw the top kdrama poll and there was a drama from 2005/2006 on top (Full House)? WOW, i mean it's a good series, but c'mon.

Fighting!

hangook.

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 15th, '06, 19:21

hangook wrote:This is one of the pinnacle classic drama series..i dont understand WHY for the life of me, this thread only has FOUR pages whilst other subpar dramas have 10 pages?! Grr.
Anyway, i dont think there's much of an appreciation of older classics (i.e-Byul euneh Gasum eh<--OMG CLAASSSSSIC)...I just saw the top kdrama poll and there was a drama from 2005/2006 on top (Full House)? WOW, i mean it's a good series, but c'mon.

Fighting!

hangook.
Wow totally had to agree with you in everything you said! It is def. a classic! and i know some of those dramas that were on that poll arent better than STH but then i'm sure since not alot of people like the weepy/sad dramas that is why it isnt so appreciated.

vinyalhaw

Post by vinyalhaw » Jun 24th, '06, 23:39

I don't understand at first why my friends love to watch sappy movie that require lots of kleenex ..

what I did was, I watched the first episode and straight-away the last episode of the drama .. the worst part was, I sat with some friends and trying to get into the mood when Ji Woo's scene at the beach and end up laughing histarically as we saw the boom mic (microphone on top of the screen) haha~ but still, there are scenes where I need help from kleenex~

Exaggeration can be seen throughout the story, parts where Sang Woo always have people in black suits around him, Ji Woo unfortunate events one by one smoothly reveals, the father does not realize anything about his new wife until towards the end and etc..

Kleenex anyone :-( ??

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Jun 27th, '06, 16:36

I loved this series even though it was sad....Both the Actor and actress fit and played their roles sooo well!!! =D

MeowMeow

Post by MeowMeow » Jul 3rd, '06, 09:31

i saw this without english subs so i didnt really know what was going on... i just saw a lot of crying, the mean sister was really pretty and the mom was horrible, that painter guy was always chasing after that girl calling her name and he was kinda ugly, the other guy who was cuter always walked around looking cool with cool background music so i liked him, and that girl was always crying and suffering. why? what was going on? somebody tell me the plot of this show cuz it looked interesting.

Aquira-Angelic

Post by Aquira-Angelic » Jul 30th, '06, 22:35

I only got a chance to watch the beginning and the ending of this series. Strange but truth.

Since many of you loved it so much, I would like to watch the whole thing, but I couldn't find any where for Direct Download, I couldn't use Clubbox nor Bitorrent ....

So if anyone know a place where I can get this series with Direct Download please give me the links.

Thanks a bunch ...

Hellychan

Post by Hellychan » Aug 11th, '06, 01:57

I've just finished watching it, and I just love it! ( But my eyes didn't :cry: )
That was the 1st kdrama I saw, so nothing was "cliché" for me :P
Yeah, the ending was predictable, (because of the first scene in the first episode :glare: , not mentionning the title :whistling: ) but still, I enjoyed every bits of this beautiful drama :-)

xl Linh lx

Post by xl Linh lx » Aug 12th, '06, 01:12

MeowMeow wrote:i saw this without english subs so i didnt really know what was going on... i just saw a lot of crying, the mean sister was really pretty and the mom was horrible, that painter guy was always chasing after that girl calling her name and he was kinda ugly, the other guy who was cuter always walked around looking cool with cool background music so i liked him, and that girl was always crying and suffering. why? what was going on? somebody tell me the plot of this show cuz it looked interesting.
Basically it's somewhat like a CInderlla story, but more tragic. I made a post on this drama in my livejournal [temporary-f.livejournal.com] so if you go there you can find out more about the characters and stuff, but heres the synopsis I used for my little drama post.
The story starts out with Song Juh and Jung Suh being childhood playmates.

Both of them share a similar fate, that being that both of them each loses a parent: Song Juh his father and Jung Suh her mother through eye cancer.

When Jung Suh&#146;s father remarries Tae Mi Ra, she brings along her children from her previous marriage, Han Yu Li and Han Tae Hwa.

Like most stepmothers in fairytales, Tae Mi Ra is an angel in front of Jung Suh&#146;s father but mistreats Jung Suh whenever he&#146;s not around.

The poor Jung Suh is all forgiving and happy in the fact that she will eventually go abroad for further studies with Song Juh, she vows to bear any type of pain, emotional and physical, as long as her father is happy with her new stepmother.

Despite all these misgivings, she even gives her stepbrother a present on his birthday and cooks for him. Such delicate actions leave an indelible impression in his mind that Jung Seh is indeed in love with him, and he will do anything to show his love back.

However, things take a plunge when Song Juh&#146;s father is unknowingly persuaded by Mi Ra to force Jung Suh to stay in Korea, and Jung Suh&#146;s dream of a beautiful life with Song Juh takes a heavy blow.

Eventually, Song Juh has to leave for the States for his further studies and before he departs, he gives a lover&#146;s necklance to Jung Suh and promises her he will back and that she must wait for him.

Three years pass and despite the mistreatment of her stepmother and stepsister, Jung Seh is now only days from being reunited with Song Juh as the day of his return to arrive beckons.

Tae Hwa is still interested in Jung Suh all these years but Jung Suh sees him only as a brother. On the day Song Juh returns, he calls Jung Suh up and she rushes down to their favourite theme park, coincidentally owned by Song Juh&#146;s family
However, whilst they manage to spot each other from afar, Yu Li, in a desperate bid to stop these two lovers from reuniting and out of sheer jealousy, despicably runs Jung She down and later hides her with her birth father, who is an ex-convict.

Yu Li even manages to disguise the fact that Jung Suh died in unfortunate circumstances and before long, Jung Suh is regarded for dead by her family and friends

Tae Hwa eventually finds out the whereabouts of Jung Suh and moves in with his birth father. Unfortunately, due to the car accident, Jung Suh has now lost her memory and she is renamed Kim Ji Suh by Tae Hwa and his birthfather

Five years pass, another Kim Ji Suh is now a successful fashion designer who owns a small roadside stall selling clothes together with another friend.

Han Tae Hwa, on the other hand, is now her boyfriend and constantly hides the truth from her about her true background.

Our hero of the drama, Song Juh is now within months of completely taking over the company presidency, however, through all these years, he has never really accepted the death of Jung Suh as he saw her that very night.

In deep thoughts, he sits by a bench in his company&#146;s themepark, when he spots Kim Ji Suh, who is a stunning resemblance to his childhood beau, Jung Suh.

What he doesn&#146;t know is, that Kim Ji Suh is Han Jung Suh

So here starts Song Juh relentless pursuit of Kim Ji Suh, which in turns brings a lot of pain and disgrace to both families, anguish and heartarch to all involved...

[[ Summary from SPCnet.TV ]]

Aquira-Angelic wrote:I only got a chance to watch the beginning and the ending of this series. Strange but truth.

Since many of you loved it so much, I would like to watch the whole thing, but I couldn't find any where for Direct Download, I couldn't use Clubbox nor Bitorrent ....

So if anyone know a place where I can get this series with Direct Download please give me the links.

Thanks a bunch ...

you can download this drama at idols-unlimited.net if you visit my LJ above, there's a link that takes you right to that drama though, or you can just go to idols-unlimited and search, but they have it.

2lively

Post by 2lively » Aug 21st, '06, 17:40

The story is a combination of Winter Sonata and Autumn In My Heart ... I hate the indecisive character of Choi Ji Woo ... I love the character played by Kwon Sang Woo ... he played it well - aggressive and commanding and at the same time very charming. I hated the unnecessary screaming of Choi Ji Woo ... the drama got so long for nothing. The story dropped down after the real Jung-Suh was known ... after that ... it became senseless. See it only if you have extra time ...

fbi888

Post by fbi888 » Aug 24th, '06, 07:43

WOW, this is a k drama that i would love to hate. there were several places in the series where the director can stop and give a happy ending but, i guess, the natural progression of this series must have a bittersweet end. tears basically fell out my eyes through the last 2 episodes. i came into this drama knowing that it'll have a sad ending but never could i realize how beautifull it is.

ksw (the handsome prince) and cjw (charming cinderella) act very well together. ksw the prince, no matter how magnanimous he is, ended up still waiting for her. as for cjw's character, you just can't hate her in this movie - she showed Jungsuh as the kind soul but still human in that she will fight back when push comes to shove.

the evil stepmom and stepsister (kth) were really good at their parts. kth play her part very well as a naive selfish girl that never mature until perhaps the end. and the stepmom is really evil, using both her daughter and son to achieve her selfish goal.

the only disappointment, very little, is the Jungsuh's father who is a professor that is blind to everything until the very end.

This is a must SEE IT kdrama. the director didn't force the storyline, it just felt natural. i hope you enjoy this drama as much as I had.

mchan

Post by mchan » Sep 27th, '06, 08:39

I LOVED songo's character .. he is the kind of man who I would love to see in dramas.. please please please PLEASE if you know a dramas where it has a man with a characters like him tell me ..

I think the story itself was strong and good and the begning.. but later it became to come not make any sense.. after he found her why they can't be together ??? just cancel your relationship with yoori I don't think its a problem to seprate over. Even later there were so so so much unnecessary tears and scenes. Things were too simple to begin with but they just overrecating about them, just like Spring Waltz !!!

aznbabe

Post by aznbabe » Sep 28th, '06, 16:58

my first kdrama.. and probably one of my faves =D

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 18th, '06, 04:00

Ok, so I've managed to sit through the agonizing grind that is Stairway to Heaven, and can finally breathe a sigh of relief that it's all finished. :P No. seriously, although there were some really draggy episodes and scenes, I thought and the end of the day, it was quite an enjoyable drama.

The beginning was really fast paced for this type of drama and I was wondering whether they could sustain it throughout the series, but alas not. However, the pace (or lack of it), does not define a drama and generally, everything else was done quite well.

But for me, one of the reasons why I didn't like STH as much as I should, is simply because I just don't like Choi Ji Woo. Sorry for her fans out there, but I find her unattractive and unappealing. Don't get me wrong, she is a fantastic actress and played her role well, but I just could not feel sympathy for her in the same way I felt about Song Hye Kyo's character in Autumn Tale.

Another negative aspect of the series is repetition. Do we really need to see Song-Ju and his entourage walk around the mall 127 times? Do we really need so see flashbacks of episode 9 when we're watching 10? Do we really need to see the microphone head 3 times? :P

Despite my crticisms, I do recommend any kdrama fan to watch this primarily because the acting was of the highest quality and it turned Park Shin Hye and Lee Wan stars in the own right. Both KSW and CJW did a fantastic job, as did KTH and the woman who played Tae-Mira who both played their roles as villain very well.

To me though, the biggest villain of the series was not Yuri. Nor was it Tae-Mira, but it was Jung-Suh's father. Yep, that's right. Jung-Suh's father. The man who was totally oblivious of his daughter's misery and he was the man who separated Jung-Suh and Song-Ju when he dissallowed her from going to study in the US. It was his ignorance which caused everything to happen, and ultimately,
Jung-Su's death
Well, that's it for me, I'm glad I'm done with it, and I guess I'm also glad I watched it. Looking forward to a light-hearted series next. Should I go with 'Sweet 18' or 'Bad Housewife'? :)

annne82

Post by annne82 » Oct 25th, '06, 14:43

This is the second KDrama that I watched and I must say that I cried my heart out on the episode 18..

there are many scenes that makes you sad and cry, a few that makes you laugh and I would say that this movie expresses most of all love..

Perhaps it is because of this hope of love that made me more sad.. but in some scene , where I think that in other film won't even touch me, here I was deeply touched..

A film that I recommend as a See it..

Why not life altering? Perhaps because of the ending, perhaps because of some spoiler effect..

p.s : KWS wow.. CJW wow!!!

gabbypalacios

Post by gabbypalacios » Jan 1st, '07, 05:39

I could rant and rave about how wonderful and great i thought this drama was. But i'm sure i'd have A LOT of people telling me how much it sucked. Yes they had amnesia, car accidents, evil/good female leads, step brother falls for step sister, evil step mother, cancer and everything else that seemed like overkill. But that made it sooo good!! I admit, there were times i got really fustrated with it, but overall, its a great drama. One i can watch over and over again. Actually im going to go download it again. :)

melz

Post by melz » Apr 22nd, '07, 22:00

Download it here:

Code: Select all

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3664918

riceavocado

Post by riceavocado » Dec 20th, '08, 03:44

I loved this drama, I just watched it this past week and it's now one of my top dramas. The connection between Jung-Suh and Song-Joo is seriously like one out of a fairytale, of course, in a more realistic environment. It's sad that there is so many ugly things that happen in the world. I loved all the happy scenes in this drama, I won't forget them for a long time come.

And I really love the OST. Good stuff.