13%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
3%

Total votes: 31

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Feb 28th, '06, 06:56

Syuichi wrote:Ryosuke hair did change a lot. Didn't know he was 23 is Yaoh though. Most of the top hosts like the 4 leaders are like 40 right. Anybody think Ryosuke will do things Seiya's way later on?
nah doubt it! they impose that he has "his way of doings things" kind of like a do-good-er.Morals so-to-say.
what im wondering is if the painting shop lady will come back later in the series all rich and such and designate and flaunt her new found wealth right in front of seiya and his factions face for disregarding her! i think that'd be good. would make the viewers have that "revenge" feeling!! and Ryosuke's faction will now gain all of her friends designations as well after she tells them about what Ryosuke has done for her! i just want to see her get her revenge on them (seiya and company) for doing such a cold thing! although she did teach him that ... so .. ?

now i feel its getting more interesting than it already is.. Ryosuke is moving up there and also has new motivation for becoming #1. since she told him she has cancer.ITS STARTED FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! (how Ryosuke and faction will become #1!!)
:cheers:

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Feb 28th, '06, 07:03

XBattousaiX wrote:Im just wondering this but, does Ryouske's faction get biggeR? like the other ones? im juss so curious. what do you guys think
I'm thinking it may get bigger .. however they wont go into that! well unless the #2 ,3 and so-on from seiyas faction are in it.. but like they said.. Romeo doesnt allow switching of factions..

bluabc wrote:Be it boredom, companionship or power, I guess visiting hostclubs does release some pent-up frustrations underlying. It’s like any other vice, smokers/alcoholics will claim that what they do relieves stress. I’ve observed that some people at d-addicts are really watching too many dramas for their own good, they get their high and fun from watching dramas. In a way, how different is it from the hostclub situation? At the end of the day, it’s merely another outlet.
So true! thats deep.. never thought about it that way! thanks for shining some light my way bluabc... *giggle* but for me smoking really does help with the stress! :P

Tsuki01

Post by Tsuki01 » Mar 1st, '06, 17:57

Ok, so, i have to admit, i started watching this drama for giggles cause, seriously, a host with morals...? yes well...lol
I actually live in Japan, and like others have said, i see these guys (most definitely not that desirable) try and pick up girls. Especially in Kabukichou. I always have a laugh at that when they get shot down (fyi, kabuki has one of the YUMMIEST tantanmen joints in town *__*) but i digress...
My flatmate and i started to watch the drama cause of the kookiness and the fact that they're focusing so much on the...dare i say? 'honourable'...? side of hosting. But 4 and 5 have really got the plot moving and made it more interesting
(i even managed to shed a tear at the remi disclosing the cancer thing!)
I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses and i'm wondering how seiya and his eyebrows of doom!! (you have to admit, those things are hilarious at times) will handle the growing popularity of the ryosuke faction!
I'm really wanting that rich chick revenge thing like someone else mentioned!

My only one true wish is that ryosuke will do something about that stupid hair do of his...THEN he'll probably have more chance of kicking seiya's butt!

bodychariot

Thanks for the subs

Post by bodychariot » Mar 2nd, '06, 08:41

Just finished 5, looking forward to 6!! Gotta leave any show with host bars and crazy mullets lol!! :D

ZeeSeeS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ZeeSeeS » Mar 2nd, '06, 21:42

This is drama is very nice.You can learn a lot of things about the world of hostess in Japan.I've downloaded till episode 7 but im waiting for the subs of 6 and 7

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Mar 3rd, '06, 04:23

Tsuki01 wrote:Ok, so, i have to admit, i started watching this drama for giggles cause, seriously, a host with morals...?
(fyi, kabuki has one of the YUMMIEST tantanmen joints in town *__*) [/spoiler]
I'm really wanting that rich chick revenge thing like someone else mentioned!

My only one true wish is that ryosuke will do something about that stupid hair do of his...THEN he'll probably have more chance of kicking seiya's butt!
now that you mention it.. yeah it does seem quite odd! "a host with morals" :blink
kind of like a stripper thats working to pay her dying brothers medical bills!

:lol

whats tantanmen?
im glad some one agrees with me on that "revenge"!

yeah the hair has got to go!!! why cant the Ryosuke faction have cool hair like Seiyas faction? idk i think Seiyas hair is cool .. also his look.. like i said prior.. looks like straight out of a Final Fantasy game! :thumright:

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » Mar 3rd, '06, 06:08

there is sort of a short section in episode 7 where ryosuke's hair is let down. instead of combed back.
i tihnk it looks a lot cooler that way.

personally, i don't think seiya is that good looking of a guy or any of the top hosts for that matter.
though he is definately smooth. i would like to be as smooth as him.

xdorkiiepoo

Post by xdorkiiepoo » Mar 3rd, '06, 06:09

just wonderinq . anyone qoinq to sub this drama ?

ninichen

Post by ninichen » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:43

xiaoshenlong wrote:there is sort of a short section in episode 7 where ryosuke's hair is let down. instead of combed back.

personally, i don't think seiya is that good looking of a guy or any of the top hosts for that matter.
i don't think it's all about looks...it seems the women want a distraction.

they want someone who can entertain them and predict all their wants and fulfill these wants...seiya is really good at that...like the movie theatre thing. that was kinda hot.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:52

xdorkiiepoo wrote:just wonderinq . anyone qoinq to sub this drama ?
you can find subs to yaoh episodes 1-5 in subtitles section... :lol

ShapeShifta

Post by ShapeShifta » Mar 5th, '06, 00:42

I like this drama, grows on me every episode of watch. I hope it doesn't let me down :)

nalika

Post by nalika » Mar 5th, '06, 20:15

can't watch epi 6 without sub...waiting for the sub...really want to know what's going to happen next...

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » Mar 10th, '06, 23:40

ninichen wrote:
xiaoshenlong wrote:there is sort of a short section in episode 7 where ryosuke's hair is let down. instead of combed back.

they want someone who can entertain them and predict all their wants and fulfill these wants...seiya is really good at that...like the movie theatre thing. that was kinda hot.
which episode are you referring to.

i do think that looks is a big part of being a host though. i definately wouldn't pay money for girl's company if i didn't at least think she was attractive.

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Mar 12th, '06, 00:49

xiaoshenlong wrote:
ninichen wrote:

i do think that looks is a big part of being a host though. i definately wouldn't pay money for girl's company if i didn't at least think she was attractive.
The thing that has to be remembered is that different people have different needs and ideas of what they find attractive. The only male character in this drama who completely turns me off is Taiga, but I have no doubt there's somebody out there who likes his looks or his attitude or both. And it's amazing what you'll ultimately let slide when someone scratches that itch you just can't reach. :lol The one guy in Ryosuke's faction (Ken?) is an example of that... to that one older woman, he is the best and he fulfills Remi-san's hopes for the club (not just Ryosuke) --- to make every woman happy.

ninichen

Post by ninichen » Mar 12th, '06, 14:57

xiaoshenlong wrote:
ninichen wrote:

I can't remember which episode. But it was with the lady from the first episode who got mad cuz she thought seiya forgot about her. I think at one point in the show, she said she wanted to go to a movie with him and so he bought all the tickets for a movie so that they could be alone. it's kinda calculating but still, i was impressed :P

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Mar 12th, '06, 15:11

i've got nothing further to discuss without subtitles... :lol

*tries the hypnotism method*

bluabc, you WANT to continue subbing this, you really, really, really want to continue... :P

SakuraG89

Post by SakuraG89 » Mar 12th, '06, 23:23

I had no idea the manga Ryo was supposed to be 23. That would place him at Inagaki's real life age. Did any of you see Inagaki in Holyland? If you didn't, you should. I was a little disappointed that he was back to playing a comic sidekick in Yaoh, because he is very talented, but I think watching eps 6-8 I can see a little why they created his character--they put strong actors on either side of Mabo, just in case? Even though they haven't gotten a lot of play in each episode, they bring juice to the series.

Ryo's hair has lowered at least an inch in the front (thank God!) which no longer makes him look like something out of the coneheads movie, but the hair dressers on the series certainly have a lot to answer for. I'm amazed that the guy playing Seiya is the same from Hitonatsu--I had to look at the picture 4 times to get it. He looks old cause he is, for the host world (in real life, he's got to be between 35 and 40) .

I agree that the series deserves to be subtitled. I didn't have high hopes for it after episode 1, but it's gotten steadily better. How many episodes in total? Will he have time to take on the heavenly 4? If not, what's the point of the title?

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Mar 14th, '06, 09:46

huh??! the dude playing Seiya is between 35 and 40?? are you serious??? wow .. id think late 20's.... 30yrs old tops!

SakuraG89

Post by SakuraG89 » Mar 14th, '06, 15:01

Yeah, he played Ueto Aya's father in a series I saw last year. Short dark hair and a beard.

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Mar 15th, '06, 02:57

damn!!!! hope i look that good when i get there!

ShapeShifta

Post by ShapeShifta » Mar 19th, '06, 01:47

SakuraG89 wrote:Yeah, he played Ueto Aya's father in a series I saw last year. Short dark hair and a beard.
Yea, that was hitonatsu no papa e, after you said that, I doubled checked jdorama for info and holy sh** I didn't even noticed who he was at first(with all the makeup and sporting longer hair). He sure made that character believable, that's for sure.

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 19th, '06, 05:18

has anyone noticed that after ryosuke got those new guys for his faction the hair for everybody just all of a sudden got better? well except natsuki. in episode 9 even seiya's hair was tame and i think there was less make up too. yes! i really love ryosuke's hair in a pony tail but i dont' get why they leave those two strands of hair on the side!

joelfromschool

Post by joelfromschool » Mar 19th, '06, 10:00

So I started watching the first episode with subtitles today and I was so addicted I had to watch all the way through 5. This is definitely one of my favorite shows. It's getting better with each episode. I already saw up to episode 8 or 9 in Japan, and I have to say that was quite a cliffhanger! Hopefully I can re-watch the rest of the episodes and complete the series with subtitles. The host aspect of the show is just so fascinating and there really isn't anything else like it. Anyways though, much thanks for providing subtitles for the first 5 episodes so far! :thumleft:

imutau

Post by imutau » Mar 21st, '06, 22:01

This is a great show! Sorry that you like Mabo the least out of Tokio. I probably prefer him more than the others. What impressed me about him was when he was in that Heaven dorama can't remember it's name. Also when he was a guest with the rest of the band on Ai no Aparon I think? I didn't know he was such a good cook. I also like leada too he has to be the funniest out of them all and on stag he has to be the best pure musician out of any Johnny's groups. Nagasei is ok and I loved him on Tiger and Dragon and I'm watching IWGP now and it seems pretty good. I just hate that they always cast him as the rough hood type with the heart of gold. My wife is a big Taichi and Gusan fan. Taichi for that 99 comedy show where they go out and eat at expensive resturants and the guy who guess the price the worst has to pay for the whole group, and she thinks he's cutie and Gusan cause he's Muki Muki and seems the most handy in building and creating stuff on Tetsuwan Dash. I just like Tetsuwan Dash when they have that huge Game of Tag or when they have Jackie Chan on doing strange races. That and Hokuto is cool!

But back to the show. I love the characters in this show. Though I'm really only familiar with about 4 characters on the show. I love Seiyaa's character though I think he might be too old for the part. I just wish he had more comedic roles. I hate seeing him as the bad guy all the time. He has my vote if they ever do a Lupin live action. He just looks the part also his voice. Kinda monkeyish but has a bit of the devil in his eyes. Also the guy with the two-tone hair. I hate that he always plays the load mouth out of every show! I think the only time he wasn't was in Ace wo Nerae. He was a hot head but was still pretty cool. Even in the short cameo in Gambattei ikki Masshoi. He was on the screen for like 1 minute and what was he doing? Yelling! Sheesh give the guy a break!

Anyways you have my vote in continuing this dorama. At least I hope I showed that there are actual Tokio fans watching and care that this continues. Tokio is probably in my top 3 of Johnny's groups. With Kinki Kid's as first just cause they probably have the best combination of talent. Great songs, good singing, funny and Tsuyoshi is such a hidden talent he has such a dry sense of humor and plays guitar really well. Also they at least can play instruments though they usually don't in concert. Smap next just because they are such a power house. Probably the worst singers out of any Johnny's group but they totally make up for it in other respects. Then probably Tokio. They really seem to like to hang out with each other. Other Johnny's groups sometimes look very distant from one another. Like in SmapxSmap you can really tell who they favor in their group. With Tokio each one is so different from the other and their personalities really stick out for me. Also they play all the instruments for thier music which I think impresses me the most.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Continue this sub!

Aprisea

Post by Aprisea » Mar 21st, '06, 23:17

I really like this dorama! Please make more subs!! I don't understand japanese T____T

ahnchan

Post by ahnchan » Mar 21st, '06, 23:22

this drama is kinda funny cuz they are so serious about being hosts! i can't believe how ugly ryosuke's hair is, does he know how ugly it is?...lol

seiya acts out his part well...i'm believing him and his scary/pretty boy look.

i'm justing waiting for the subs now...lol come on subs for episode 6! we're waiting! hehehe

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 22nd, '06, 01:45

just watched ep 10 and it seems like seiya had a mullet back in the day too!! it's so bad!! you can totally tell it's fake
what's with the hosts and mullets?!

imutau

Post by imutau » Mar 23rd, '06, 02:37

well I've seen all of the subbed stuff and I must say it is like everyone says fluff but in a good way. The actors are good and the story does seem to have a direction. It's still beyond me how this guy is going to be no.1 after the show so it does keep me in suspense. Episode 4 has to be the turning point. I really hope this continues.

lintzu

Post by lintzu » Mar 23rd, '06, 10:19

I'm really enjoying this drama! I hope someone will continue subbing since I don't really understand Japanese!

Ishigaki is so funny!

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 25th, '06, 01:29

whoa the final episode has been uploaded! i wonder what's gonna happen?

divietodisosta

Post by divietodisosta » Mar 28th, '06, 02:41

What's that SONG?? :w00t:

Can anyone identify the heavy song playing when they are doing their bad-ass walk? I want it!!

Something about "glitter and glam" - I've searched for the lyrics, but Google doesn't give me anything! :-(

Anyway, I love the ending, but I won't say more to avoid spoiling it for anyone...

minerva

Post by minerva » Mar 30th, '06, 12:22

Minna, actually I haven't watch this dorama, but I'm very curious. The story seems interesting, not to mention Mabo is in it. Just wondering, from scale 1-10, how do minna-san scored this dorama?

Rubee

Post by Rubee » Apr 1st, '06, 22:54

minerva =)
you should really see this drama, I'll give it a 8 out of 10.
this drama is really good and cool.. + hot guys in it...tihi =D

maiboi7

Post by maiboi7 » Apr 7th, '06, 06:30

I think you should continue the subs for this series because of Kaname Jun and the other friend. I really like those two. As long as they're also in the episode, I can forget about Ryousuke. :P I always anticipate to see the subs for this show and Unfair (sadly there's only one episode that got subbedt). These two series for Winter(?) caught my attention right a way with their simple storyline and intriquing characters. I would be quite sad if you discontinued the subs for this series. But I think if you dont feel like subbing the rest, then dont. But since you're about half way, why stop when you're almost done? ;)

Also, I haven't read the manga, so I'm not bothered by the drama version of Ryousuke. But from my own experience, most drama adaptations of the mangaka's characters are not very well portrayed. And this probably depends on the actor/director's interpretation of the character and how close their interpretation comes close to our own. In order to appreciate the drama more, I've learned to treat drama adaptations (as well as movie adaptations) and the original as two separate entities. With this in my mind, it's more satisfying to watch. Well, I guess this is just me. ^^

Kiara

Post by Kiara » Apr 23rd, '06, 18:04

I've just watched ep. 1 and 2 and it looks pretty interesting so far.
I even convinced another friend to watch it ^_^

Please, please continue subbing. I might be able to understand bits and pieces but definitely not all of it without subs.
From what I've seen I want Ryosuke to win this "battle". As hosts, I rather have someone like him with a heart than those cold guys in the Seiya faction.

greenman

Post by greenman » May 4th, '06, 05:05

I really like this drama coz you will know a lot about hostess
that his life is not very easy as you think

Dawgie

Post by Dawgie » May 17th, '06, 03:03

Just started this yesterday, wow this is a great drama! Good story

dannyhuangster

Post by dannyhuangster » May 17th, '06, 04:37

I started watching YAOH 1-5 w/ subs and i love this jdrama. Its so awesome, i really like the story and characters. But im sad to say that there arent a 6-11 subs out yet so i cant continue to watch it since i dont understand much japanese :[. please continue with the subs!

Dawgie

Post by Dawgie » Jun 1st, '06, 22:58

this drama is awesome can someone please fansub this!

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jan 8th, '07, 20:44

Really enjoyed the first 5 episodes of this drama, thank you so much bluabc for subbing them!!! I've also managed to download all the raws, except the special, so I'm looking forward to following the story. It would be wonderful if bluabc decided to finish the series, or maybe if someone else was willing to do it?

I'd really like to help with the subbing effort: there will be quite a while before I know Japanese enough to translate, but I'd be happy to assist with the editing. English is not my native language but I've been a translator and tutor of English for 10 years now, and I'm a grammar and spelling freak :p

I'd do my best with editing, if only someone would provide the translation!

vulgarshudder

Post by vulgarshudder » Jan 14th, '07, 16:12

Just downloaded this drama last week. As someone who goes to a host club far too regularly, this week I asked my named host about it. Of course he's a big fan lol. I asked who's his favourite character, 'seiya?' No no, Ryosuke lol, of course he is. He then spent the next half hour trying to find the theme tune to download >_>

Anyway...I wouldn't mind finishing translating the series, but as to making subs and what not I have no clue...so a colaboration?

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jan 27th, '07, 19:02

Hello, minna-san! Just wanted to ask if everyone here is aware that subs were released for ep 7? :-) You can find them here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_27891_225.htm

If anyone who has the Special episode is willing to seed it, please do so! Several of us have been begging for weeks, but to no avail so far :-(

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new episode!

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Mar 4th, '07, 23:17

Subtitles for episode 8 are out! http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... htm#672538 Please enjoy! :-)

mj_hahn

Post by mj_hahn » Mar 5th, '07, 00:07

Just wanna say that I love the series and I can't wait for the subs for ep 6. I just watched ep 2-5 and I love it :)

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Mar 5th, '07, 01:38

mj_hahn, I hope you found the subs for ep 6? They are here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_27891_195.htm And ep 7 and 8 on page 16 of that thread. Thank you for the kind comment!

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » May 10th, '07, 10:09

Not a bad drama, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Good thing that you don't find those av actresses in this one. It's quote annoying to see them in other nightclub-themed dramas, as they don't know how to act at all.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » May 12th, '07, 17:42

Episode 10 subtitles are out, so hurry and grab them in the subs thread! :-)

bria333

Post by bria333 » May 12th, '07, 23:49

Hi everyone, only just started watching this dorama. Pretty interesting so far. To stray a little off topic I wanted to recommend a documentary I saw at a Japanese film festival recently about host clubs. It is a fantastic movie so if you get a chance go see it! If you enjoy Yaoh I think you will like it. It is is called "The Great Happiness Space: Tale of a Osaka Love Thief". If you google it you will find more details. Here is a pic. I know some of you have checked out real host webpages and said they aren't so good looking but I thought the real hosts in this documentary were all very good looking. One of them even has hair just like Seyia which is a bit spooky!
[/img]
Attachments
osaka love thief.jpg
osaka love thief.jpg (35.39 KiB) Viewed 3036 times

vulgarshudder

Post by vulgarshudder » May 13th, '07, 08:04

Thanks for the heads up!

Some hosts are butt ugly...but some of them are quite cute... as my empty wallet testifies x_x

delfe

Post by delfe » Jun 8th, '07, 13:41

When I started this drama, I just... gave up after one episode. Ryosuke seemed such a pale character, so I didn't give any credit to his possible rise.
But I tried again and now i'm so hooked up that i'm dying to see the last episode, especially after the cliffhanger on ep 10!!! Are Seya and Ryosuke gonna join forces??? Will Ryo be able to change not only Romeo but also his opponent? Ah! Can't wait for the subs!
:whistling:

What realy hooked me into Yaoh is Seya's character. I really think Kitamura Kazuki is an uncredible actor, because it took me some times to realise it was the same person acting in Akihabara@deep, Warui Yatsura or Yaoh. And in this drama, he managed to portray a flamboyant and sexy host (sorry, just my opinion). I'm really curious to see how he's gonna end!
Thanks for the subbers. :heart:

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jun 9th, '07, 11:35

delfe, I'm so glad you gave Yaoh a second chance! :-)

Kitamura Kazuki is great! I hope you are watching Bambino?! I've only seen the first episode, but he's really a delight to watch!! 8) Does he have a thread of his own here on d-addicts? If not, you should start one! :-)

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jun 22nd, '07, 07:24

I have just discovered this drama and I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there will be subs for episode 11???

I would hate to watch the whole series (which I actually like so far!) and not be able to get the full gist of the end... :-(

Is there any info about the final subs??? :unsure:

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jun 22nd, '07, 11:29

Don't worry, MitsukaiKuroi, subs for ep 11 are being worked upon by hakuharu :-) You can discover this for yourself by reading a few pages on the subtitles thread :P

Everybody has been looking forward to the completion of this series, so please just exercise your patience for a while, like all the other fans of Yaoh have :-) You are one of the lucky ones, since there won't be long now. 8)

Meanwhile, if you could share some of your thoughts on the series so far (using the spoilers tag where appropriate :P ) that would be really great!!

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jul 11th, '07, 00:52

I did not want to type anything until I watched most of the series.

I actually like it! (I stopped after episode 9 so I can have a double viewing when Ep. 11 subs come out! :D )

The only gripe that I have about it is that I think that it could have had better casting... The best person in the whole cast is definitely Kitamura Kazuki! He looks so incredibly bishounen here!!! LOL He honestly looks like he should be the top host in a top club!!! :P

I don't think that Matsuoka Masahiro really has it. Something is missing... I think that Nagase Tomaya would have been better cast IMO. Matsuoka just does not make me believe that he is that hot and caring guy that should take over as the number one host. Yes he is a "nice guy" but there is something missing that I can not put my finger on...

And what is up with Kaname Jun's "Woodstock from Charlie Brown hair??? :lol It is horrible! I have always thought that he was cute but his look really turned me off.

Storyline is good however and I like the interactions. Once I finish I will talk about the actual series and moments that need "spoiler tags" on it. :-)

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Jul 15th, '07, 07:51

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:(...)
I don't think that Matsuoka Masahiro really has it. Something is missing... I think that Nagase Tomaya would have been better cast IMO. Matsuoka just does not make me believe that he is that hot and caring guy that should take over as the number one host. Yes he is a "nice guy" but there is something missing that I can not put my finger on...

And what is up with Kaname Jun's "Woodstock from Charlie Brown hair??? :lol It is horrible! I have always thought that he was cute but his look really turned me off.
(...)
I also think, that Seiya (Kitamura) really fits the role of the top host, because he, unlike Ryosuke (Matsuoka) has "it", a kind of flashiness. I think he plays a Seiya you can both love or hate according to the situation.

With Matsuda Masahiro (Ryosuke) I kind of agree, because that was what I thought for ... like half of the series. He's somewhat pale, especially compared to Seiya.I think this is a little bit of the charm of this series, because you don't have a perfect bishounen for the main act. And please don't understand me wrong, I think he is good looking and all. But he's not as radiant as others, more the type you would actually dare to talk to in the street. Ma, perhaps that's only me.
But since he is that type it makes perfectly sense that he plays the caring Ryosuke, to whom women can turn to with their problems. And if you watch it closely, his clientele isn't really flashy either. Those women are for Seiya and the ones who go to the host club for easing their minds come for Ryosuke.
But I agree, he doesn't "feel" like the No. 1 host... Perhaps only in Remi-sans dreams of a perfect host club.

That's just my thought, though. But with that in mind I wouldn't want a Tomoya Nagase or similar as Ryosuke. Cause although Nagase is versatile he still shines. I can't imagine him being so naturally humble. He would be a stronger character, a stronger enemy for Seiya and people wold rather tend to watch the auras clash than care for the women and their problems. I think, a main aspect of this dorama is, how Ryosuke tries to heal his women and be good to all the people around him.

I hope you are not offended by what I said, because I didn't mean to. I was just kind of happy of what you said because up to the middle of the dorama I'd have been the first one to cry for another actor for Ryosuke. But that somehow changed slightly :P

As for Kaname Jun (Shun), well I never mind the hair... but his character is somewhat.. well... he's there, but I really can't get him. This is the one fail I see in Yaoh: For me, the side characters are somewhat pale. They do assist Ryosuke, but I can't get a real connection there, I don't get engaged, they always seem shallow. Even Madoka (the nagging sister of the noodle shop owner) is not that convincing in gradually changing her opinion about hosts. Am I the only one here?
Or is Yaoh made after a manga and the characters are really condensed, whereas the manga tells us more about their background?

Well, sorry for the rant, but I just felt like discussing a little bit :clap:

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jul 21st, '07, 17:31

the ending is too light comparing to the previous eps..

and i just hate scenes of hosts group walking in procession on the streets, please don't scare the women whom you want to make happy and don't aggravate your profession !
:glare:

Cici2006

Post by Cici2006 » Nov 24th, '07, 19:12

who are the actors that play the the 4 heavenly kings?

beccyreb

actors

Post by beccyreb » Oct 15th, '12, 00:02

im curious but does anyone know the names of the actors of the 3 guys who joined Ryosuke's group? Not the original guys xD but the ones from Saiyo's group previously???? I've been trying so hard to find out and i just can't find them anywhere :(((((( PLEASE HELPP!!! :-(