Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Series of the Week 08/02/2004 - Merry Christmas in Summer

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What should be the next series of the week? - denotes seeders

Food Fight - Kanin, Slackey
37%
Merry Christmas in Summer - thetenken
63%

Total votes: 59

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Series of the Week 08/02/2004 - Merry Christmas in Summer

Post by thetenken » Jul 19th, '04, 23:11

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO MY EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially Japanese series only.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500

Last time's runner-ups:

Food Fight - http://jdorama.com/drama_487.htm

Others:

Merry Christmas in Summer - http://jdorama.com/drama_493.htm

Previous Series of the Week:

Oyaji
Otousan
Attic Cat
Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?)
Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.)
Cheap Love
Big Wing
Hotman
Sutaa no Koi
From the Heart
Love Generation
A Sleeping Forest
Story of One Century
Friends
Younger Men

What is a series of the week?
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

I take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then you're SOL.
Last edited by thetenken on Aug 2nd, '04, 14:41, edited 2 times in total.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 20th, '04, 22:58

thetenken: hope i'm not bugging you, but is there any possibility of you considering my request in the previous thread?
in the ksotw, it sounded like jem gave his permission to d-addicts (not for the posting of torrents, but to have his torrents nominated in sotw).
although it's not a torrent that was posted on d-addicts....
i'd like to nominate WATERBOYS [jem]. i've heard that it's an excellent drama. in the past few days, i've seen several threads pop up concerning waterboys, and there was an announcement that waterboys2 came out. according to the threads i've read, a few people have completed the series, and they sound willing to assist in seeding.
since jem does not have a forum, i thought i'd see if it would be possible for waterboys to be nominated. just a suggestion.
wasn't sure if you read it, but it was my thoughts. food fight and merry christmas in summer are both good dramas too.

thanks!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 20th, '04, 23:02

thetenken: one other thought. perhaps you should just change the subject line of the thread to "Japanese Series of the Week..." so any newcomers won't get confused as to what the difference is between this one the KSOTW.

Sungirl

Post by Sungirl » Jul 21st, '04, 00:12

I vote for Merry Christmas in Summer!

niko2x

Post by niko2x » Jul 21st, '04, 14:35

i agree with jholic in that aspect.
but for the topic at hand, i choose manatsu no meri kurisumasu...

fahmisarkawi

hohohooho

Post by fahmisarkawi » Jul 21st, '04, 15:34

hmmm.... i think i wanna vote for merrychristmas in summer..........hehehehhe........keep up the good work guys

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Jul 21st, '04, 16:31

jholic wrote:thetenken: one other thought. perhaps you should just change the subject line of the thread to "Japanese Series of the Week..." so any newcomers won't get confused as to what the difference is between this one the KSOTW.
Well, there should be no confusion, cause one is a Series of the Week and the other is a Series of the Month. But I'll do it anyway.

As for a Series of the Week involving JEM/JTV/outside series, I think we still have more than enough series on D-Addicts (of varying quality) to seed before getting to the outside series. I am open to the idea, maybe of allowing one outside series every month to be considered in the poll. Though who knows if I'll be running this thing in a month or so, maybe my successor will decide to implement it. *shrugs*

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Jul 21st, '04, 20:54

Nominating this if it's already subbed:

Sorewa, Totsuzen, Arashinoyouni

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 21st, '04, 22:57

thetenken: thanks for keeping an open mind. i don't see too many people seconding my opinion, so i guess that answers my question.
thetenken wrote:Though who knows if I'll be running this thing in a month or so, maybe my successor will decide to implement it. *shrugs*
yikes!! :crazy: where are you going, dude? you've done a great job so far. why would there be a "successor"??

laura22

Nomination

Post by laura22 » Jul 22nd, '04, 01:57

I would like to Nominate "ICE WORLD" (Koorie sekai) with nanako matsushima!!
Fans please support my nomination. thank you much!!!!!!!!!!!

tsubasadesu

waterboys request

Post by tsubasadesu » Jul 22nd, '04, 01:59

jholic wrote:
i'd like to nominate WATERBOYS [jem]. i've heard that it's an excellent drama. in the past few days, i've seen several threads pop up concerning waterboys, and there was an announcement that waterboys2 came out. according to the threads i've read, a few people have completed the series, and they sound willing to assist in seeding.
since jem does not have a forum, i thought i'd see if it would be possible for waterboys to be nominated. just a suggestion.
in my recent searching for places to dl j-dramas and j-rock/pop i found this totally awesome site that rocks my face off. i've dl-ed complete discographies by several bands so far. definitely something to add to your favorites.

p.s. someone is uploading the first two eps of waterboys. thought you'd like to know.

http://bunko.theppn.org/search.php?sear ... boys&cat=0

danyowrong

Post by danyowrong » Jul 22nd, '04, 04:53

YAY....manatsu no merry christmas....i've been waiting for this!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: waterboys request

Post by jholic » Jul 22nd, '04, 05:37

tsubasadesu wrote:p.s. someone is uploading the first two eps of waterboys. thought you'd like to know.
thanks, i've seen the torrents. unfortunately, it's not english-subbed (yet). and i haven't watched the first one (which is part of why i would like it to win SOTW or SOTM).

fahmisarkawi

what??

Post by fahmisarkawi » Jul 22nd, '04, 07:42

i think i Agree with thetenken about letiting 1 outside torrent into this website....... because the ones here are also in good demand......... thanks to jholic for bringing this matter up..... i do also want to see other torrents from outside in here because its an excellent website :D by the way...... where are you goin thetenken???? :pale: i hope your succesor will do agreat job like you did.......Good luck in all your endeavours!!!!

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Jul 22nd, '04, 08:45

that rocks my face off.
That sounds kind of violent. I hope you are ok.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 22nd, '04, 22:44

fahmisarkawi: thanks for concurring with me.

i also want to clarify something. IF an outside torrent were to ever win SOTW/SOTM, no one should POST THE TORRENT FILE HERE AT D-ADDICTS. the banner on the main page would probably just link to where the torrent files are hosted ... and maybe we could scrape some stats off their tracker or something.

we'll also need prior permission from the other tracker to vote their series as SOTW/M. from what i've seen, JEM has given us permission to do so. i'm not sure about other drama sites.

i just felt the need to state that. it would turn into a rather ugly situation if people start ul'ing the torrents onto d-add.

timbits

Post by timbits » Jul 23rd, '04, 06:06

I nominate wedding planner . anyone willing to seed the series?

dindai

Post by dindai » Jul 23rd, '04, 19:26

:D Can someone seed Otousan?? I realy apprreciate it :P

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 24th, '04, 03:38

dindai: are you nominating otousan, or are you just asking for seeds. if it's the latter, you should post in the otousan seed request thread. you'll get a better response.

nxi4

food fight

Post by nxi4 » Jul 24th, '04, 15:48

my vote is for food fight. :)
have to say that i love the genius that is series of the week. keep up the good work!

also with regards to outside series, once every so often sounds good.
what with waterboys 2 starting a few weeks back i wanted to d/l series 1 from jem, only to find that 3 from 11 were being seeded.

cheers

starlitedr3amer

Post by starlitedr3amer » Jul 27th, '04, 21:32

Merry Christmas In Summer sounds good :)

yamada_taro

Post by yamada_taro » Jul 27th, '04, 21:59

News no Onna, please? :mrgreen:

Frank

Post by Frank » Jul 28th, '04, 07:45

i'll vote for Food Fight again, but ill really be happy with whatever wins ^_^

anduria

Post by anduria » Jul 29th, '04, 15:00

I vote for Merry Christmas in Summer.. only 'cause I'm missing like 14% from one file! :P So I can help with seeding too! I would like to see Love Complex make a comeback too since I'm only missing like 5% from 2 episodes!! :D

ja ne!

meow

i vote for food fight

Post by meow » Jul 30th, '04, 15:01

i vote for food fight since i am still missing ep 8, stuck at 95%.

nagai yasumi

merry Chrismas in summer

Post by nagai yasumi » Jul 30th, '04, 15:21

I vote for an early Xmas!

wkc

Post by wkc » Aug 18th, '04, 13:57

Just finished downloading all. Thank you. :) Let me know if any one of them need help seeding. I'll jump right on.

gerryg

Post by gerryg » Sep 7th, '04, 18:31

I started downloading Merry Christmas in Summer yesterday. I was able to complete the first 3 torrents However the last 2 are taking forever with a download rate from 0 to 2. Can someone reseed this so I can complete the series.
I stuck at 65 % for number 4 and 26% for number 5

Thank you kindly in advance. Also, is this the right place to post this request?