SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Feb 28th, '06, 07:19

OH MY, Julie is here.. dang, have to install msn, just reformat my office pc.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Feb 28th, '06, 18:12

x_XJules wrote:
pwner4once wrote:okay so im officially fighting against procrastination. anyone's up for it?
oh btw it's not working out at all lol :sweat: :sweat:
why do stuff now when you can do it 3 minutes before it has to be done.

and never take into consideration how long it will take to do.

yea, i lived by those rules throughout high school. and somehow i actually graduated.
lol nice nice. as always. but then.. meh i want to go to a good college. but gosh.. lol i only have 5.4 GPA on a 6 scale... wtf. and some dumb people has a 6.... i guess math doesn't mean everything but still... lol im sooon envious. XD

oh btw. the heck is Dynasty?? o.O (not the meaning)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 1st, '06, 06:00

Seems that Richie is busy and can't explain about "dystanty"

Can't figure it out... call me dumb if ya want but... can't really figure it out :D

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 1st, '06, 10:27

yea where is richie? i can't explain dystasny without him.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Mar 1st, '06, 16:37

peek-a-boo, man I thought it would be clear XD Unless another drama uses dystany.....

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Mar 1st, '06, 16:43

Whats happening? (^_^)

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Mar 1st, '06, 22:11

sesshu.kotoyumu wrote:Whats happening? (^_^)
lol nice signation. reminds me of densha otoko so much. :-)

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Mar 1st, '06, 23:50

Mythrel wrote:peek-a-boo, man I thought it would be clear XD Unless another drama uses dystany.....
OMG NOBUTA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bye bye bicycle! :mrgreen:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 2nd, '06, 03:38

P0KEY wrote:
Mythrel wrote:peek-a-boo, man I thought it would be clear XD Unless another drama uses dystany.....
OMG NOBUTA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bye bye bicycle! :mrgreen:
bye bye-cycle!! omg.. totally my favorite line in the whole drama!!

XD XD XD XD XD

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 2nd, '06, 10:49

Great now I'm completely lost... :goggle:

lavenderchan

Post by lavenderchan » Mar 3rd, '06, 01:21

I was wondering since this has dating advice on the subject how do you suggest a person get back into the singles scence. :scratch: I'm 26 I have undergone a devorce and I just want to have some one to talk with or just have fun. Any suggestions. for now i'm going to watch love contract and a sleeping forest.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Mar 3rd, '06, 01:58

Hey lavenderchan!

Yeah, getting back into the scene can seem somewhat troublesome. I guess you can meet good people all over the place. Where ever there is a bunch of people bunched together the better chance you will find someone who peaks your interest. You can meet people just on the street or waiting in line for a bar or movie :lol. I think the key is to have a more outgoing attitude where you get noticed. You can usually always find something that you enjoy and find a group of people with the same interest. Like if you were religous there are like church events or maybe if you liked chili you could go to one of those contests XD Maybe if you like a sport you could always go to a game and even if you don't meet someone at least you will enjoy the day XD Its best to be as comfertable as you can be in a situation. I hope this helps although I guess it is pretty basic haha. I wish you the best of luck!

lavenderchan

Post by lavenderchan » Mar 3rd, '06, 03:08

thanks mythrel.

l[i]sarr

Post by l[i]sarr » Mar 3rd, '06, 03:16

this forum is awesome!!!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 3rd, '06, 03:31

lavenderchan wrote:I was wondering since this has dating advice on the subject how do you suggest a person get back into the singles scence. :scratch: I'm 26 I have undergone a devorce and I just want to have some one to talk with or just have fun. Any suggestions. for now i'm going to watch love contract and a sleeping forest.
eck.. getting back into the scene is hard. a lot of people after relationships realize once their spouse is gone.. a lot of their friends are too. if you've still got a lot of friends around you, you should go out with them more.. or if you don't that's okay too! like mythrel said, just spend a lot of time outside. like today i walked to the store and decided to take the bus home instead of drive. i met two people at the store and one person at the bus station. the key is.. don't stay home.

btw, i just finished love contract. it's addicting. awww.. and mike he :wub: :wub:

edit:
l[i]sarr wrote:this forum is awesome!!!
hi!! i like it here too. :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 3rd, '06, 05:30

Back to single life.. just hang out with friends.. well, take mythrel's suggestions to heart. He always give the best advice but yet he can't put them into practice himself lol poor Richie!!

Heps Julie, so any information about the customs restrictions?

lavenderchan

Post by lavenderchan » Mar 4th, '06, 04:36

Thanks everyone for your advice :-) . I don't feel so bad today its friday :cheers: . Time to go to a movie with my best friend. Life is only as bad as I make so I'll keep up the postive outlook. If anyone else needs advice I say live life to its fullest everyday and take the good with the bad because life is to short like in the first ep of a sleeping forest the guy says that after 8 seconds the present becomes our past. I'm not sure if its true but its a concept of time I have seen it every were. Just shake off the worries and have fun. :cheers: Everyone have a good weekend.
thanks.

Eyahnah

Post by Eyahnah » Mar 4th, '06, 04:49

"You only accept the love you believe you deserve."

Sorry, I forget who said this, I think I read it in a book somewhere. Vague? Heh.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 4th, '06, 05:04

@jerry - not yet. sorry i've been really lazy. btw, i finally got my computer back!! are you still stuck on misa episodes??

@lavenderchan - yay for feeling better!! LoL, i was just telling someone yesterday to live life to the fullest.

@Eyahnah - i've never heard that quote before.. although i already knew the concept. i like it though!! very clever in the way it's worded!

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Mar 4th, '06, 05:05

Hehe Hey lavenderchan!,

Friday WOOoooooooooO! Good advice XD If we dwell on the past we will never have a future. The past is there for us to reflect upon and learn from mistakes and hopefully not make the same ones. Its best to keep your head up and moving forward if you can. Hope you had fun at the movies and have a good weekend yourself! PARTAY!!!

lol Jeremiah, I can't live up to your expectations XD Ya I have never been good at listening to my own advice. It seems to happen to a lot of people but in my case I am way to shy. I don't make the first move so roles are completely reversed.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 4th, '06, 06:52

Guys, I might be offline for several days due to the fact that we are on alert since yesterday 1pm.

There's a tropical cyclone threat here and we might have electricity cut off for days. We are expecting the worst because it's the biggest cyclone we ever have after some years and it's going stray over us. So we might have gust at more than 150km/h.

@Julie, erm, yep, I'm still stuck but it's okay, I'm trying to finish off Goong, Oh Pil Seung & My Girl first. I'm trying to get some extra information about the customs restrictions through other courier but to no avail :(

@Richie, lol but you can still change yourself. You just have the will to do it and you'll be all fine :) Keep it up.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Mar 5th, '06, 14:44

x_XJules wrote:
lavenderchan wrote:I was wondering since this has dating advice on the subject how do you suggest a person get back into the singles scence. :scratch: I'm 26 I have undergone a devorce and I just want to have some one to talk with or just have fun. Any suggestions. for now i'm going to watch love contract and a sleeping forest.
eck.. getting back into the scene is hard. a lot of people after relationships realize once their spouse is gone.. a lot of their friends are too. if you've still got a lot of friends around you, you should go out with them more.. or if you don't that's okay too! like mythrel said, just spend a lot of time outside. like today i walked to the store and decided to take the bus home instead of drive. i met two people at the store and one person at the bus station. the key is.. don't stay home.

btw, i just finished love contract. it's addicting. awww.. and mike he :wub: :wub:

edit:
l[i]sarr wrote:this forum is awesome!!!
hi!! i like it here too. :D
you just finished Love Contract? ? lol gosh. well it was a good series yet the ending is ver sad. although i do think it was very awkward because the whole ending was very insipid. after all they are just trying to end it..

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 5th, '06, 14:51

pwner4once wrote:you just finished Love Contract? ? lol gosh. well it was a good series yet the ending is ver sad. although i do think it was very awkward because the whole ending was very insipid. after all they are just trying to end it..
i hated the ending. i loved the series.. it was just those last couple episodes. :glare:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Mar 5th, '06, 16:00

lol i couldn't agree more. it's actually more than annoying.. i mean the heck? a car crush... and then bam she's a live!? :blink
lol did u see the music video? if i remember correctly, it was the male character sitting by his lover who was sitting on a hospital bed. there was music playing in the background. it was kind sad.. have u been it? :whistling:

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Mar 5th, '06, 16:38

actually. i totally, absolutely positively hated the series. it was the worst drama i have ever seen in my entire life. it was such a total waste of time, because it was STUPID! and the only thing that was good in it was mike. and ariel. *glare* i hated that drama.

^_^

lavenderchan

Post by lavenderchan » Mar 5th, '06, 20:35

Hi everyone I had a great time at the movies with my friend. I have the whole weekend to spend out of the house. :cheers: To make up this afternoon I cleaning my house I hate cleaning wish I could hire a maid. :whistling:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 5th, '06, 20:43

Good to know that Love Contract sucks, I'm erasing it from my downloading list :P Will concentrate more of my bandwidth to Goong, My Girl, Misa and if there's enough seeders, to finish the rest of Oh Pil Seung.. been weeks trying to finish it, I might consider droping it, but it would be a waste, the drama is way too funny.

@lavenderchan, good, keep it going, I guess you're doing great :)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 5th, '06, 22:13

Jeremiah wrote:Good to know that Love Contract sucks, I'm erasing it from my downloading list :P Will concentrate more of my bandwidth to Goong, My Girl, Misa and if there's enough seeders, to finish the rest of Oh Pil Seung.. been weeks trying to finish it, I might consider droping it, but it would be a waste, the drama is way too funny.

@lavenderchan, good, keep it going, I guess you're doing great :)
Jerry!! how's the crazy tropical storm? you didn't get hit with a coconut did you?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 6th, '06, 01:26

x_XJules wrote: Jerry!! how's the crazy tropical storm? you didn't get hit with a coconut did you?
Oh my, Julie!! How'd you know? I did :roll

The storm was like :crazy: and then it was more like :blink

:lol We were lucky this time but yet there are another two in the region, so we might get prepared to get hit again :crazy:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 6th, '06, 18:04

Time to RANT!!

Geez, I'm fed up with my wi-max connection. No firewall and no router is installed and guess what, downloading rate sucks. I'm beginning to develop a hatred towards wi-max connection. It really sucks. Over 80 seeders, I only get to connect to a only 6 through NAT Traversal. Grrrr.... phone the ISP and they say NO, there's no blocking port.. damn it!!! I wanna hit on something!!!

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Mar 7th, '06, 00:03

Jeremiah wrote:Time to RANT!!

Geez, I'm fed up with my wi-max connection. No firewall and no router is installed and guess what, downloading rate sucks. I'm beginning to develop a hatred towards wi-max connection. It really sucks. Over 80 seeders, I only get to connect to a only 6 through NAT Traversal. Grrrr.... phone the ISP and they say NO, there's no blocking port.. damn it!!! I wanna hit on something!!!
:: presents jerry with a punching bag :: everyone could use one of these ^^

:: pat pat ::

:: gives jerry a new awesome internet connection that goes 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 kb/s. ^^ ::

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Mar 7th, '06, 01:44

it's just pure comedy.
poor jerry... so what speed are you getting now? is it faster than the pacific isp provider?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 7th, '06, 05:31

AAAA I'm going crazy, don't talk about that connection. Grrr... somebody very technical was supposed to give me a call to find where the problem lies. Infact the problem lies within the ISP itself as I have tested that damn ripwave modem on my 2nd pc and same problem "NAT Traversal or Local" connection only, which means they are blocking ports.

Amy, thanks but I want a good punching bag that can hold on for more than a blow :roll

Jing, could you please be the punching bag for the whole week? Pleaaassseeee!! :whistling:

For a 512/512kbs connection, I'm only connecting to 5 peers with a 3kBs rate :crazy:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 7th, '06, 06:31

i met a really cute guy at starbucks tonight. and i think he ws flirting with me. LoL i think i made him nervous too, he apologized for everything. and before i left he told me to come back to that starbucks instead of the 1 million we have in town. :D

i'm sorry jerry. i hope you have a good day at least! :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 7th, '06, 06:34

Seems that Julie will soon graduate from SRT!!!!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Mar 7th, '06, 23:59

Jeremiah wrote:Seems that Julie will soon graduate from SRT!!!!
lol u are still taking that densha otoko pill aren't u jeremiah?
anyways, i am not even attending the "school" anymore. it's more like living within this community.

well jeremiah... for me as a punching bag? haha what are u going to do? karate chop my ass? my think agian.. im chinese. probably goign to dodge it and tornado knock you :D
think that's going to be fun? think again :D love u :rambo:

okay back to :study:

edit: but gosh.. what's with the quietness? it's been awful quiet lately. just the usual F4 is posting... >.> i guess we shall keep this thread alive :D

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Mar 8th, '06, 00:28

x_XJules wrote:i met a really cute guy at starbucks tonight. and i think he ws flirting with me. LoL i think i made him nervous too, he apologized for everything. and before i left he told me to come back to that starbucks instead of the 1 million we have in town. :D

i'm sorry jerry. i hope you have a good day at least! :D
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you`re so lucky!! good luck with that, that`s so cuteeee. <3

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Mar 8th, '06, 03:55

Hey Guys,

How is everyone doing? I know I haven't been posting in a while. But if you want to know. Im still Single :P. I think I want to be single for a while. I dont want to get into a relationship yet. If you are wondering what I have been doing lately. I have been hanging out w/ all my Buddies who are in the Game like I am. These are probably the best friends I ever had in RL. We pick up women together almost everyday. We help each other w/ school. Plus were enjoying life, sometimes we surf or go fishing. Sometimes we go parasailing, haha!. But whats more fun is when me and my buddies Pick up women who are totally Hot. Its AWESOME. I feel like I am living it up in life.

-Valcun

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 8th, '06, 04:21

LOL Jing, don't forget I'm half chinese too and... :whistling:

Valcun, I thought you have stopped the game thing :glare:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 8th, '06, 11:22

RANTING RANTING :cussing:

Ahh I'm going crazy.. really going crazy :crazy: :crazy: String of bad luck or what? :blink

Now after the wi-max connection got cripple now it's my wired connection ... :cry: :cry:

Man how could I possibly keep up with the downloads with such speed?? There's only two ISP and both sucks at the moment. Don't know what they are trying to do.

Jing, my personal punching bag come here, I need to destress a bit :P

siggiepop

Post by siggiepop » Mar 8th, '06, 11:41

Wow... such a huge thread on being ... single O_o The only reason I'm single is primarily due to the following factors:
  • half-black (look white, talk white, just not ALL white)
    Like Asians (yeah, i know... but it's been lifelong issue, so shh! it's not quite the way you think.)
    I'm independant; don't like things that cling
    I like independant girls (that rules out many)
    I'm not materialistic (enough?)
    I'm a union carpenter; not very glamous & beware of my whistling co-workers :whistling:
    I don't like to play (flirting,jealousy, etc) games or be in the "game" period.
So yeah, that breaks it down. :thumright: It's been a whiel since i've dated. The whole carpenter thing is a real turn off for girls here lately. Apparently they like office guys more. Not sure why. Maybe because I come home dirty or don't like to spend to get something done if I can do it myself. Or~ maybe it's time for me to sleep. It's 4am and I gotta report to work tomorrow at 7:30am haha oh boy. what lovely insomnia.
Last edited by siggiepop on Mar 8th, '06, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Mar 8th, '06, 11:43

hello everyone. ^^ new to this thread.. hmm..i've been single for more then 10 months now. i'm having fun. hehe but i miss how i can talk to someone on the phone late at night. =] that was fun! how's everyone's single life going? as you can see i'm in insomnia mode. i need a friends who up at this hour. haha =] take cares! hope to talk to u all soon. bye! :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 8th, '06, 11:49

Two new comers to SRT :w000t: Guess who'll be happy about that? - Jing ROFL!! He likes new comers a lot.

Welcome to SRT siggiepop & debstuh. Have any problem, just ask Mythrel. He always give good advice. A great philosopher too.

And meet Valcun, he's a chief in playing games :P :: go hiding where Justin can't find me ::

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 8th, '06, 13:20

siggiepop wrote:
  • half-black (look white, talk white, just not ALL white)
    Like Asians (yeah, i know... but it's been lifelong issue, so shh! it's not quite the way you think.)
    I'm independant; don't like things that cling
    I like independant girls (that rules out many)
    I'm not materialistic (enough?)
    I'm a union carpenter; not very glamous & beware of my whistling co-workers :whistling:
    I don't like to play (flirting,jealousy, etc) games or be in the "game" period.
So yeah, that breaks it down. :thumright: It's been a whiel since i've dated. The whole carpenter thing is a real turn off for girls here lately. Apparently they like office guys more. Not sure why. Maybe because I come home dirty or don't like to spend to get something done if I can do it myself. Or~ maybe it's time for me to sleep. It's 4am and I gotta report to work tomorrow at 7:30am haha oh boy. what lovely insomnia.
are you serious? you must live in some messed up part of washington. i know a lot of girls that like guys like you (from what you've listed). and actually a lot of girls are independent. i'd say it's probably 50/50.

whatever though, it's a ranting thread so i won't take it seriously.

welcome to the thread siggiepop & debstuh. it's good to see some more west-coasters. i'm online mostly during the insomniac-hours too. LoL, so it's also really good to see some more insomniacs!! anyway, i hope all is well. and like jerry said, if you need any advice ask mythrel.

allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by allredndizzy » Mar 8th, '06, 16:07

hey there~ wala lng.. i just want to greet my fellow singles haha! :lol

siggiepop

Post by siggiepop » Mar 9th, '06, 06:13

@x_XJules haha I'm fairly serious about it, but like I said, I have <whatever-you-want-to-call-it> that slims the girls down. Most girls that do dig half-breeds don't find me all that appealing. *shrugs* Oh, well.

I do wonder how this thread got going so long though O_o It's amazing.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 9th, '06, 06:19

siggiepop, this is a ranting thread as well, so you can rant as much as you can and I may lend you my personal punching bag -> Jing

:: go hiding behind Richie ::

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 9th, '06, 07:18

LoL yea.. we all kind of get off topic... a lot... :lol

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Mar 9th, '06, 08:40

i've been in 2 short term relationships. my first relationship lasted only a month because it was my first and i was in freshman year of high school. so i didn't know much and i was like ehh...haha so when we broke up it was a good breakup. mutual understanding. and we remained friends afterwards. still good buddies now. ^_^

my second one was in my senior year and it lasted 5 1/2 months..my 2nd one was weird..did you know? while me and my ex boyfriend were trying to figure out our relationship. i talked to him and i thought we should just break up since we weren't going anywhere with our relationship and there was no point in draggin something on. so that day i called him and talked to him about..but it was awkward. so i went online and checked my mail. he emailed me to break up with me!! he EMAILED ME! -__-" lols i mean i heard about it, but you know. haha it happens! he wanted to beat me to the break up..so he could claim that he broke up with me, and not the other way around. dumbb...lols and then he told everyone he broke up with me when i intiated the break up..-__-'' but i'm glad everyone knew that was a lie! hehe ^^

so i've been single since then..haha good times..

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Mar 9th, '06, 20:57

:O :-(
lol u poor thing. he dumped u. so he would look good in front of others? what a wussy... Well it's good that he dumped or u u dupmed him.. watever. lol well u guys broke up. that's good. not for ur current state, but rather good for life. anyways... im at school right now. lol ^_^
playing cs source in the library :D
sweet isn't it? im loving this :D

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Mar 9th, '06, 21:03

P0KEY wrote:actually. i totally, absolutely positively hated the series. it was the worst drama i have ever seen in my entire life. it was such a total waste of time, because it was STUPID! and the only thing that was good in it was mike. and ariel. *glare* i hated that drama.

^_^
and yet somebody actually spend their time wasitng it.. :scratch: :salut: :whistling:

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Mar 10th, '06, 02:58

a guy made me speechless today.
i have never been speechless. much less for a guy.

i think that i like him o_O..

my heart was beating SO Fast. from just a look..
its absurd.

*srry for choppy sentences. im still in shock.*

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 10th, '06, 08:55

whisperss_57 - awwwwwwww!!! yay!!! :D :D what's the guy like? what's he look like? where'd you meet him??

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Mar 10th, '06, 12:57

whisperss_57 wrote:a guy made me speechless today.

its absurd.

awwww, yay! :lol congrats ^_________^ thats`s so cute <3~ hope you all the best :-)

the same kind of thing happened to me last night. i had this concert, so i wore this dress i just bought, and like, it was so random! this guy came up and was like "omg, you look great today, i`m so serious, you look reallly pretty. you look so great, and cute" and i was like :blink :blink :blink :blink cuz it was so random and i was speechless cuz i didn`t know how to react. XD and i said thanks. XD haha but i know i don`t like that guy (as in no feelings toward him or however you want to call it...), it was just reallly weird. ok enough of my stupid ranting. erm.

pwner4once wrote:
P0KEY wrote:actually. i totally, absolutely positively hated the series. it was the worst drama i have ever seen in my entire life. it was such a total waste of time, because it was STUPID! and the only thing that was good in it was mike. and ariel. *glare* i hated that drama.

^_^
and yet somebody actually spend their time wasitng it.. :scratch: :salut: :whistling:

first of all, read the text again."the only thing that was good in it was mike. and ariel". meaninng i watched it because of them. the drama may be a waste of time, yes, but ariel and mike are definitely not a waste of my time. maybe you need to analyze the text more. and who are you to say how i spend my time, or waste my time? exactly. so read what other people write before you go and make a smart-alec remark.

all in all, replying to you is a waste of my time. but i`m still doing it because it was directed at me in the first place.

and CONGRATS TO MYTHREL for the loan YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :lol

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 10th, '06, 18:25

:blink :blink SRT alive again :blink :blink

Heh? Richie has been granted the loan?? Congrats Richie!! Now you'll have to work your butt hard :) Keep it going!!

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Mar 10th, '06, 18:54

:lol Thanks Amy, It isn't really offical yet, but it sounds like it will go through. XD

Oh and Jing you might as well give up you won't win :X

Jerermiah! Oh trust me I will. I am cutting myself of from freedom for a year and a half its gonna rock(no... no it won't, but so worth it).

Wow whisperss_57 thats good to hear hope things work out. Love, its a beautiful thing XD

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Mar 10th, '06, 20:53

P0KEY wrote:
whisperss_57 wrote:a guy made me speechless today.

its absurd.

awwww, yay! :lol congrats ^_________^ thats`s so cute <3~ hope you all the best :-)

the same kind of thing happened to me last night. i had this concert, so i wore this dress i just bought, and like, it was so random! this guy came up and was like "omg, you look great today, i`m so serious, you look reallly pretty. you look so great, and cute" and i was like :blink :blink :blink :blink cuz it was so random and i was speechless cuz i didn`t know how to react. XD and i said thanks. XD haha but i know i don`t like that guy (as in no feelings toward him or however you want to call it...), it was just reallly weird. ok enough of my stupid ranting. erm.

l
awww thanks guys =) things are going pretty well even for just one day. XD i saw him again in the halls todya < he has fourth period wiht my friends> and i asked him if he woudl sponsor me and my friends for famien week [ we will go 30 hours wihtout food to raise awarness for those who are starving ] and he said i woudl but i dont have money =) and then after school i saw him again and.. he looked at me with those eyes of his.. *melting*

today is such a happy happy day.. and a bonus? its MARCH BREAK WORDDDDDDDDDDDD =D

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Mar 10th, '06, 20:57

x_XJules wrote:whisperss_57 - awwwwwwww!!! yay!!! :D :D what's the guy like? what's he look like? where'd you meet him??
uhm hes a mix, half white half chinese. and he dated my friend < before i knew her > and uhmmm hes reallllllly cute. and well we talk a lot on msn..

hes got friends who are my friends. and uhm hes really nice and funny < somewhat dumb XD > and tall. so me beign short... lmfao my friends think ittll be quite funny if i date hiim XD

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Mar 11th, '06, 01:12

whisperss_57 wrote: awww thanks guys =) things are going pretty well even for just one day. XD i saw him again in the halls todya < he has fourth period wiht my friends> and i asked him if he woudl sponsor me and my friends for famien week [ we will go 30 hours wihtout food to raise awarness for those who are starving ] and he said i woudl but i dont have money =) and then after school i saw him again and.. he looked at me with those eyes of his.. *melting*

today is such a happy happy day.. and a bonus? its MARCH BREAK WORDDDDDDDDDDDD =D
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :: sniffle :: and oh, everyone in our school is doing the 30 hour famine thing too :: points to her empty wallet :: i can`t resist giving money to the hungry lol :unsure: i hope you have the best of luck! it`s not easy to find someone to like, and plus, it makes going to school a lot more interesting and enjoyable :-) lol i would know................ :blink err don`t ask XD

anyways, jia you! <3

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 11th, '06, 05:55

I'm speechless today though I want to rant how bad the wi-max ISP is. I'm having a nightmare. Been limited connectivity since yesterday midnight. OMG I have 11 months remaining on my connection contract. I can't even return that damn thing :cry:

:blink :blink 30 Hours without food?? :blink :blink

whisperss_57 that's great to have found a special something. Wish you all the best :thumleft:

Amy lol " can`t resist giving money to the hungry lol :unsure: " Are you sure about that? :P

Richie Hehe in 5 years time, you can develop a game for real :cheers:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 11th, '06, 08:54

whisperss_57 wrote:uhm hes a mix, half white half chinese. and he dated my friend < before i knew her > and uhmmm hes reallllllly cute. and well we talk a lot on msn..

hes got friends who are my friends. and uhm hes really nice and funny < somewhat dumb XD > and tall. so me beign short... lmfao my friends think ittll be quite funny if i date hiim XD
awwww he sounds dreamy :wub: :wub: tall can't be all that bad if you're a fan of mokomichi (i see him in your sig :wink:) he's dreamy too :wub:

LoL, and dumb can be cute. if he says something dumb just laugh at him and think, "at least he's good to look at" XD jk

that's awesome though that you're talking on msn!! things are already looking really good.

siggiepop

Post by siggiepop » Mar 11th, '06, 22:34

Well, I can't say I really have anything to rant about. Sure, it sucks being single at times, but I can’t say I want to be in a relationship. I’ve seen many of my friends get into relationships where they have ended up totally hating each other. I really didn’t date anyone until I was 21, which I thought I was a late bloomer, but in fact, I think it was better that I waited.

Well, my first relationship was kind of … funky? The reason I don’t really call this a real relationship is cause we were more like friends or brother-sister type relationship. Basically, we would just have fun talking on the phone and hanging out, but after like three years, it had not changed. A bad habit of mine is to not call people, either because I'm too busy or I just plain forget. Anyways, six or seven months went by before I called her back. She was already on to someone new and that did not bug me, but we could not really be friends afterwards either. I think she had more feelings for me than I did for her. I think it was just too weird for her in the end. She was more of a younger sister, if I had to put a term to it.

The girl after her was when I was 20-ish. She was a co-worker of mine when I was working in a grocery store. She worked in a different department and was very personable, very hot too, and a half-breed as well (Spanish & White). Only after I asked her out twice and my intel from the GIN (Guy Intelligences Network; Friends) came in about her, she was just teasing me. I suppose if I rolled up in a LanEvo, she'd be more than happy to go out with me. Meh. I'm not like that, so I dropped it. However, I was still friends with her. After about six months, right before she left her junior colleges to go to a university, she attempted to recapture my attention by making me jealous. That didn’t work at all, but I stopped talking to her after that too. I don’t like games like that and I just won’t put up with it either.

Third girl .... bah, still pisses me off to this day. I was 22 at the time when I asked her out. Apparently, the feelings were mutual. We saw each other a grand total of four times before she told me she was leaving for the Air Force in two weeks. Not so bad, right? I could have dealt with that, but when I found out that everybody knew before I did, I was a little more than pissed. Again, I was nice enough to see her off. I hear she’s stationed in South Korea.

The Fourth girl -- Vietnamese immigrant -- I met when I was 23. Very hott! She too was another co-worker in another department; however, even before I knew who she was by name, I remember her talking to my manager. I remember the color of her coat, how she had her hair that day... it was one of those weird things. I remember a lot of details as it is, since that is how my mother taught all of her kids, but this was just weird. After she started working, I tried just about every tactic to talk to her. Apparently, I did not have to try too hard. She was very open to talk to me. I got to take her out for a movie -- we were both late due to family -- and some coffee. That was the only time we really got to go out. It wasn't really a date or anything though, but it kind of was at the same time. After she quit, we didn't get to talk so much, especially after her two or three months back in Vietnam for her brother's wedding. We talk mostly over email, but I go see her every now & then at her new workplace. I kind of backed up a little cause a few Vietnamese GINs told me that her family was thinking she was too "Americanized" or was becoming one too fast. Since I grew up around a lot of Vietnamese and Chinese families as a kid, I knew that could prove fatal for a woman. Not so much the men though, but I don't know how valid that is. Anyways, in a heart beat, I'd still go out with her.

So yeah, there's the lo-down 411 on all that jazz. :P Like I said, I can't really rant except that I do get a bit of flack for having a black mother compared to a black father. I don’t really know how to explain it to the rest of you guys, but once they find out my mother is the one who's black, they tend to just poof on me. Okay, I think I wrote enough to publish a book on :P

** EDIT ** I'm not freaky either. I don't like stalking, I tend to speak my mind, if you piss me off you'll know, I am a nice guy, I'm fairly down to earth, my eyes watch everything (everybody in my family has that for some reason), and I like Asian cultures (not just the women) and I'm not materialistic. Also, I'd rather work with my hands in the bitter cold than be stuck in a building 8+ hrs a day in a job I probably would never like.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Mar 11th, '06, 23:18

siggiepop wrote:Well, I can't say I really have anything to rant about. Sure, it sucks being single at times, but I can’t say I want to be in a relationship. I’ve seen many of my friends get into relationships where they have ended up totally hating each other. I really didn’t date anyone until I was 21, which I thought I was a late bloomer, but in fact, I think it was better that I waited.

Well, my first relationship was kind of … funky? The reason I don’t really call this a real relationship is cause we were more like friends or brother-sister type relationship. Basically, we would just have fun talking on the phone and hanging out, but after like three years, it had not changed. A bad habit of mine is to not call people, either because I'm too busy or I just plain forget. Anyways, six or seven months went by before I called her back. She was already on to someone new and that did not bug me, but we could not really be friends afterwards either. I think she had more feelings for me than I did for her. I think it was just too weird for her in the end. She was more of a younger sister, if I had to put a term to it.

The girl after her was when I was 20-ish. She was a co-worker of mine when I was working in a grocery store. She worked in a different department and was very personable, very hot too, and a half-breed as well (Spanish & White). Only after I asked her out twice and my intel from the GIN (Guy Intelligences Network; Friends) came in about her, she was just teasing me. I suppose if I rolled up in a LanEvo, she'd be more than happy to go out with me. Meh. I'm not like that, so I dropped it. However, I was still friends with her. After about six months, right before she left her junior colleges to go to a university, she attempted to recapture my attention by making me jealous. That didn’t work at all, but I stopped talking to her after that too. I don’t like games like that and I just won’t put up with it either.

Third girl .... bah, still pisses me off to this day. I was 22 at the time when I asked her out. Apparently, the feelings were mutual. We saw each other a grand total of four times before she told me she was leaving for the Air Force in two weeks. Not so bad, right? I could have dealt with that, but when I found out that everybody knew before I did, I was a little more than pissed. Again, I was nice enough to see her off. I hear she’s stationed in South Korea.

The Fourth girl -- Vietnamese immigrant -- I met when I was 23. Very hott! She too was another co-worker in another department; however, even before I knew who she was by name, I remember her talking to my manager. I remember the color of her coat, how she had her hair that day... it was one of those weird things. I remember a lot of details as it is, since that is how my mother taught all of her kids, but this was just weird. After she started working, I tried just about every tactic to talk to her. Apparently, I did not have to try too hard. She was very open to talk to me. I got to take her out for a movie -- we were both late due to family -- and some coffee. That was the only time we really got to go out. It wasn't really a date or anything though, but it kind of was at the same time. After she quit, we didn't get to talk so much, especially after her two or three months back in Vietnam for her brother's wedding. We talk mostly over email, but I go see her every now & then at her new workplace. I kind of backed up a little cause a few Vietnamese GINs told me that her family was thinking she was too "Americanized" or was becoming one too fast. Since I grew up around a lot of Vietnamese and Chinese families as a kid, I knew that could prove fatal for a woman. Not so much the men though, but I don't know how valid that is. Anyways, in a heart beat, I'd still go out with her.

So yeah, there's the lo-down 411 on all that jazz. :P Like I said, I can't really rant except that I do get a bit of flack for having a black mother compared to a black father. I don’t really know how to explain it to the rest of you guys, but once they find out my mother is the one who's black, they tend to just poof on me. Okay, I think I wrote enough to publish a book on :P

** EDIT ** I'm not freaky either. I don't like stalking, I tend to speak my mind, if you piss me off you'll know, I am a nice guy, I'm fairly down to earth, my eyes watch everything (everybody in my family has that for some reason), and I like Asian cultures (not just the women) and I'm not materialistic. Also, I'd rather work with my hands in the bitter cold than be stuck in a building 8+ hrs a day in a job I probably would never like.
wow.... you`ve got a lot of experience :lol

here`s mine:

liked someone in middle school. never worked out. the end

XD and haven`t really liked anyone since. so i`m happy being single :salut: i`m actually REALLY REALLY picky when it comes to guys--if i ever get into a relationship, i would like to see it at least last 1 year or more, because i don`tl ike short term things. i dunno, i`m such a weirdo. :goggle:

and oh yes, i don`t plan on having a boyfriend until i`m in college. that and my parents won`t let me. which works out both ways :-) i think drama guys are good enough for me 8)

siggiepop

Post by siggiepop » Mar 11th, '06, 23:34

P0KEY wrote:
siggiepop wrote: ** removed for easy of reading **
wow.... you`ve got a lot of experience :lol

here`s mine:

liked someone in middle school. never worked out. the end

XD and haven`t really liked anyone since. so i`m happy being single :salut: i`m actually REALLY REALLY picky when it comes to guys--if i ever get into a relationship, i would like to see it at least last 1 year or more, because i don`tl ike short term things. i dunno, i`m such a weirdo. :goggle:

and oh yes, i don`t plan on having a boyfriend until i`m in college. that and my parents won`t let me. which works out both ways :-) i think drama guys are good enough for me 8)
I've always been picky. With the majority of those girls, except girl #4, I've known them six months or more before asking them out. I'm picky myself; she has to have nice eyes. haha. I get made fun of cause i'm not a boob or butt guy. If she's got nice eyes, win! Sure, boobs and butt are nice too but not my focal point. I think it is better to date when you're over 20. That whole teenage mess is just ... pure hormones. That's not to step on other peoples' toes either. That is just my opinion.

Advise for dating in college: beware! Some men/girls like to see you ALL the time or think its romantic to study with your mate, but it's not really. It can really be a hinderence as much as a blessing. And lastly, put your schoolwork before your boy/girl. Kind of personal experience but also I've seen it happen time after time inside my buddy network.

lavenderchan

Post by lavenderchan » Mar 12th, '06, 02:31

Dating in general is hard I belive. Take if from me I have a failed marriage to add to my track record. I'm not sure if was me or him but it did not work out. We talk from time to time since we have a daughter together. I have notice we are better friends than a couple. I wonder why that is. I guess its just life. I was really worried for a while that I would never go out on a date again. For now that is not my main problem. I just finished my bachlor's degree. I am working full time and raising a family. Just going out with friends is enough for now. I think one day when I'm not looking love will just hit me between the eyes.

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Mar 12th, '06, 03:04

hrmmm its been a couple months since i last heard seen or typed in this thread...and it seems to have grown a lot...
well... heres the update.....
since my past 4 gf's im currently with my fifth... and goin to 9 months now...
so far so good cept for the part that girls.. well they tend to lie a lot.. im not one to be bugged about it
if the lie aint to big and doesnt have to deal with cheating or seeing guys behind my back... since im not the jealous types...and just to ad to siggiepop's comment on the dating in highschool... its not just hormones and crap.. lol its puppy love guy... i take it as a blessing to get to go out at a highschool age... if ur intentions are pure.. since it gives u experience for later relationships... i.e. me... i wasnt always the non jealous type bf and i wasnt always understanding.. until i had my few flings and such... plus the 4 other gf's i have had it helped me learn wut boundaries are... how to treat and deal with certain problems that go in and out of relationships....
well thats wut i think anyways.... hrm... wut else should i add oh yea...
me and my current gf just got into a fight the other day about being neglected around others....
i jsut wanna see how sum of u guys would of handled it....

i.e.
(u bring a friend a long just for introductions) you see ur gf... and the first person she goes up to is ur friend... (not you) and she stands their then after ur frirnd nudges u.. (ur reading the news paper cause u were stuck waiting for her) u look up to see her over by ur friend then she comes up and greets u (no hug no kiss) and she grabs u and takes u to the food court in a mall and asks if u can buy ehr food (20 bucks on food ouchy) so u do... and then u have 3 hours to spend with her.. and the whole 2.3hours are her spent talkin to ur friend and not u....

how would u guys have delt with that situation??..
fyi. i already delt with mine... and were good i didnt take it as sumtin big... since im not one to hold a grudge..

siggiepop

Post by siggiepop » Mar 12th, '06, 06:43

(-Oni-Kazuki-) wrote:...
i.e. (u bring a friend a long just for introductions) you see ur gf... and the first person she goes up to is ur friend... (not you) and she stands their then after ur frirnd nudges u.. (ur reading the news paper cause u were stuck waiting for her) u look up to see her over by ur friend then she comes up and greets u (no hug no kiss) and she grabs u and takes u to the food court in a mall and asks if u can buy ehr food (20 bucks on food ouchy) so u do... and then u have 3 hours to spend with her.. and the whole 2.3hours are her spent talkin to ur friend and not u....

how would u guys have delt with that situation??..
fyi. i already delt with mine... and were good i didnt take it as sumtin big... since im not one to hold a grudge..
Were you (trying to) participating in the conversation or just left out completely? I'm sure there were some hitns for you to hop into the convo, that or she was checking out who your friend was. Its hard to say, at least for me. I guess if I had something to say, I would say it. If not, then you might not hear a peep out of me.

About neglected introductions... haha, don't neglect the introductions. :thumright: You are you just looking for hurt when you do that. Well, that's my two cents. Not that it'll buy you much though.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 12th, '06, 14:07

guess who's got a date today! yea it's me :lol i saw the guy from starrbucks again and he asked for my number. he called me yesterday after work and asked me to dinner. seems like it's been awhile since i went on a real date.

hmm.. on the whole teenage-dating thing i agree with siggie pop and (-Oni-Kazuki-). i mean yea, it is all meaningless.. but it is nice to get the experience and learn how to be with someone. i mean it takes patience and compromise, and it's also good to see where you're weak points are (i.e. jealousy or maybe clingy). i know i don't plan on getting into anything serious for awhile.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Mar 12th, '06, 14:52

Wow good for you Jules I hope you have a great time! XD Don't let Kon-kun attack him hehe.

Well as long as you are enjoying life lavenderchan its all good XD Make as many memories as you can with your daughter :lol I was raised by a single mom so im rooting for ya XD

Highschool romances eh... oh god lol.

silentwalk

Post by silentwalk » Mar 13th, '06, 21:05

hiya, I just recently joined and lol i guess this is the place where i rant about being single. actually, i got a quick question...see, it's been about 5 months after my ex and I broke up and since then i've been having this weird feeling of anxiety, as though i was waiting for something or i feel like i was chasing for soemthing and it's quite difficult to deal with at times. eh, for those who had fell in love with someone, not just liked, but actually love your significant other and then losing them, did you ever had those feelings? feeling of uncertainty and doubt with what you are doing and how do you cope with it? haha i guess that's more than just one question. lol i hope i made sensed, i kinda rambled a bit there, so forgive me :-P

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Mar 14th, '06, 00:27

Welcome silentwalk,

Yeah I understand those feelings. Do you know what is really causing these feelings? Is it where you are in your life? Is it where you feel you should be? Are they just feelings of anxiety of everything around you all at once? Losing a love can put a spin in your life thats for sure. Are you happy with where you are in that department? I'd suggest looking inward and really finding out what you want, find what would make you happy. I have never gotten anxiety over a relationship but stranger stuff has happened lol.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Mar 14th, '06, 00:49

holy molly.... O.O it's alive again. THIS THREAD WOOT
anyways. im off catching up.
having spring break right now.. im loving it
:P

silentwalk

Post by silentwalk » Mar 14th, '06, 00:50

iI am 19 years old, maybe it's my hormones kicking in heh, but you're right though. I have a feeling that it has to do with losing that secure feeling of being in a healthy relationship, now that i lost that, my mind is subconciously trying to look for it, whether in dreams or wide awake. the side affect of love lost, strong enough to shatter the ground which you walk on, but it's getting better, patience is the key, right?

silentwalk

Post by silentwalk » Mar 14th, '06, 00:52

iI am 19 years old, maybe it's my hormones kicking in heh, but you're right though. I have a feeling that it has to do with losing that secure feeling of being in a healthy relationship, now that i lost that, my mind is subconciously trying to look for it, whether in dreams or wide awake. the side affect of love lost, strong enough to shatter the ground which you walk on, but it's getting better, patience is the key, right?

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Mar 14th, '06, 01:13

It has helped me lots I can say that. Yeah that emptyness will not be filled so easily. Don't try and eat the whole thing at once XD If you are ready, you could always work on getting that security back. The thing is once you get to comfertable thats when things turn for the worst lol. That feeling of something lost can get to you. Its not really lost though just not in use XD The next love will never be the same from the first and so on (at least from personal experiences lol)