Aloha! (for now?)

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aloha! (for now?)

Post by jholic » Oct 14th, '05, 12:30

hey everyone,

just letting you guys know that i'll be taking a leave of absence for a few months (or permanently?? :cry: ). as i mentioned in the JEM thread, i have always held that your personal life should come first, and i'm practicing what i preach.

i've been offered a great career opportunity, but the job is based on the east coast (of the US). it's pretty sad to leave hawaii, but i know i'll be back. training starts next week, so i'm leaving tomorrow. after training (about two months), i'll be living in the north virginia or maryland area. to me, that's a foreign country! :P

in any case, i'll be quite busy, so won't have too much time to come around on this board. i'm hoping to get everything settled and find time in between the busy job to visit again. but i can't be too sure, so just in case, i just wanted to extend a warm 'mahalo' (thank you) to everyone here!

keep d-addicts the best forum on the planet!! 8)

aloha!

EDIT:
ps. i won't be logging in too often (if at all). if anyone needs to get a hold of me, they can try e-mailing me at: j h o l i c -at- j a p a n . c o m
i don't check it too often, but i'll eventually get to it! :lol
Last edited by jholic on Oct 14th, '05, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 14th, '05, 12:35

Good luck jholic!
Maybe in your leave of absence, I can increase my forum post amount that'll rival yours! LOL... j/k.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 14th, '05, 12:38

thanks amrayu. i think i just heard Ruro breathe a sigh of relief! :rofl:

mt877

Post by mt877 » Oct 14th, '05, 12:56

Good luck with the new job. Come back when you can.

bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bone-doll » Oct 14th, '05, 13:07

jholic wrote:thanks amrayu. i think i just heard Ruro breathe a sigh of relief! :rofl:
:lol

Come back soon! Hope all goes well with the new job and moving and all. :-)

fuddleduddle

Post by fuddleduddle » Oct 14th, '05, 15:01

i wish you the very best of luck in your future endeavours! :-)

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 14th, '05, 15:08

EWWWW why would you wanna come to the eastt coast :X your gonna experience snow.. thats gonna suck. Plus you are gonna lose your tan and have to put up with the stink. lol good luck with your future sucks you gotta leave such a beautiful place. Hey maybe we could switch houses :P

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 14th, '05, 15:12

Good luck with your new job :-) .
And I never noticed how many posts you have till amrayu mentioned it :D :O

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Oct 14th, '05, 15:13

GL in your new job.. I'm not sure what you do, but I don't think any money is worth leaving Hawaii to move somewhere cold and plain.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 14th, '05, 15:21

Have fun in Virginia ! ( is it possible?)

If you need some bodyguard when you'll be in charge of the white house.... errrr... find someone else I'm too skinny. :lol

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Oct 14th, '05, 15:25

^____^ Good luck with the new job! We'll miss you! I'd much rather be in Hawaii than the East Coast, but whatever floats your boat :)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 14th, '05, 15:39

Good luck and thanks for everything!
I'm originally from MD, and think it's one of the best places on Earth (although many would disagree with me >_<; )! So if you have any questions about MD/VA -- what's in the area, where to go grocery shopping or whatnot just ask! :p
Blue crabs!!! Old Bay!!!
*sigh* Home sweet home...
;_;

SecretAznMan

Post by SecretAznMan » Oct 14th, '05, 16:07

jholic,

Man, that is a really big move, good luck to you and remember to bring some warm clothes, I don't think shorts and a Hawaiian shirt will work to well in Maryland in the winter. ':lol' Anyway I hope you will have someone to send you some of your favorite Hawaiian foods because it is not like your going to have an easy time finding them on the mainland. Again good luck and thanks for all your work in the drama community.

kazuki

Post by kazuki » Oct 14th, '05, 16:50

Good luck on your new career jholic and thanks for being a great *Mod*

KDA'S.. best wishes too you ^_^

SHD
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHD » Oct 14th, '05, 16:52

wow, one old fut like you making one big change--guts brah. good luck!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 14th, '05, 17:11

Wow, another member moving up in the real world, congrats jholic! Good luck on the east coast! (They better be paying you very well to have you leave Hawaii!)

btw, can I have your old room??

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Oct 14th, '05, 17:24

Mr. four-thousand-and-eleven(and counting) who's got a fascination for gyrating avatars, not to mention, the most ancient creature of d-addicts is leaving!?!? *joke* *joke* *evil laugh*
Wel'll surely miss u and ur hilarious jokes, jholic, and good luck to your new career.
Thank u for organizing the VSS, making the sticky threads more interesting to read, the jsotw, ur immeasureable patience towards newbies...it's a long list, I'll stop. Thank u for everything, Mahalo! :mrgreen:
If you need counselling for the next few months, somebody here might know a 1-800 line or something..hehe

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 14th, '05, 17:26

Thanks for everything jholic. You were a great moderator and hopefully, the future is bright for you when you get to the East Coast. Good luck :thumright:

tUrtleAE86

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Oct 14th, '05, 17:37

Otsukaresama deshita!! Ganbatte ne! :D

grifter0x

Post by grifter0x » Oct 14th, '05, 17:45

jholic,
Good luck with your new job. At least you didn't have the training during the hot and humid summer here on the east coast. This particularly summer was killer. I'm trying to find a job in the West Coast.
Any way thanks for all your effort with D-Addicts.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Oct 14th, '05, 20:04

jholic: Good luck with your new job, but make sure you don't work too hard :-)

I hope you'll find the time now and then to visit us.

Thanks for all you've done for this community... :lol

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Oct 14th, '05, 20:20

All I can say is much luck to ya man and hasta luego my friend

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 14th, '05, 22:16

Good luck in your new job, jholic!!! :thumleft: but, you know, don't work too hard and come by sometimes :P
gambatte ne!!

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Oct 14th, '05, 22:38

ganbatte with your new job! I was going to ask you for your old room, but it looks like somebody beat me to it! :P

I know that jobs and life comes first and all, but you better still have time for Image social security doesn't pay for denture and hemorrhoid cream like it used to! :mrgreen: LGG will back me up here.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 14th, '05, 23:03

you, too jholic-sama???

but yes..............congrats~! and please don't ever be a stranger to D-A.

you were a great mod and a great friend forever keeping me entertained with your witty sense of humor. Take care and drop by whenever you can. plus, there'll always be a lot of great Jdramas ready for you whenever you need to get away for a bit. :)

I won't say D-A will miss you....that'll just be saying that you'll be gone. and i know you'll be back...so....

matte-ne~ see you later.

and most importantly best wishes wherever you are. at least you'll be closer to where i am now~ :lol

and who knows....i might even bump into you in Maryland since I'm there every summer.

i'm only a PM away whenever you need a friend~ :D

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Oct 14th, '05, 23:27

Jholic - it's hard to imagine D-Addicts without you. Be sure to stop in to see us now and then. You're going to need your drama fix aren't you?

Good luck in your new job and thanks for making this site a nicer place to visit. :D

jerseygirl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jerseygirl » Oct 14th, '05, 23:51

Wishing you the best and welcome to the East Coast. :D

dochira

Post by dochira » Oct 15th, '05, 02:52

J, I'll make sure to visit you again when I head out to DC to visit my sister-in-law. Good luck and be sure to stop by here once you get internet access out there. We wanna make sure you are safe out there. 8)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Aloha! (for now?)

Post by Xi@h » Oct 15th, '05, 05:29

jholic wrote:hey everyone,

just letting you guys know that i'll be taking a leave of absence for a few months (or permanently?? :cry: ). as i mentioned in the JEM thread, i have always held that your personal life should come first, and i'm practicing what i preach.

i've been offered a great career opportunity, but the job is based on the east coast (of the US). it's pretty sad to leave hawaii, but i know i'll be back. training starts next week, so i'm leaving tomorrow. after training (about two months), i'll be living in the north virginia or maryland area. to me, that's a foreign country! :P

in any case, i'll be quite busy, so won't have too much time to come around on this board. i'm hoping to get everything settled and find time in between the busy job to visit again. but i can't be too sure, so just in case, i just wanted to extend a warm 'mahalo' (thank you) to everyone here!

keep d-addicts the best forum on the planet!! 8)

aloha!

EDIT:
ps. i won't be logging in too often (if at all). if anyone needs to get a hold of me, they can try e-mailing me at: j h o l i c -at- j a p a n . c o m
i don't check it too often, but i'll eventually get to it! :lol
Wish you the best of all luck jholic and hang in there. Take care.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 15th, '05, 08:00

ahhhaaahhh....the big move.... my best wishes to you thru your big adjustment; the climate, the time and all....well I guess vacationing in the Sandwich Islands is out of the question for now.....I was gonna look you up to crash at your place when I'm in the Islands :lol :lol :lol just kidding ahhhaha....good luck with your new job....and what's up with your underwear post....girls like to keep that a secret, supposed to be a surprise....the less one's know, the more exciting it is :lol :lol :lol....good luck to you again....keep us posted when you have the time....aloha for now....peace out :w00t:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 15th, '05, 09:14

he'll be back, just watch as soon as he gets an internet connection. Resistance is futile.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 15th, '05, 19:45

Ruroshin wrote:he'll be back, just watch as soon as he gets an internet connection. Resistance is futile.
:rofl: :rofl:

cur

Post by cur » Oct 15th, '05, 20:08

I don't know you but another d-addict in north virginia that is another addition and stop saying that it is bad. i living here, n. virginia :D

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Oct 15th, '05, 20:10

:O First, I lose my internet connection for over a week, and now, we lost our 'holic' in the kaliholichoppers :cry: Sigh, it'll be different without the great jholic to brighten up the forum and bring chuckles/laughs/smirks to the masses, but alas, life comes first, and kudos to you for going for the skies. Best of luck with your new job and new life.
kali4niaguy wrote:social security doesn't pay for denture and hemorrhoid cream like it used to! :mrgreen: LGG will back me up here.

Yea... you know I will :P ... hmmm, guess those hawaiian dance moves will have to wait... time to bring in the parkas and do the monster dance :roll

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Oct 16th, '05, 03:35

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote::O First, I lose my internet connection for over a week, and now, we lost our 'holic' in the kaliholichoppers :cry: Sigh, it'll be different without the great jholic to brighten up the forum and bring chuckles/laughs/smirks to the masses, but alas, life comes first, and kudos to you for going for the skies. Best of luck with your new job and new life.
that's why I haven't seen you around! glad you're back! you know we won't have to worry about jholic, once a d-addict, always a d-addict. I bet the first thing that he does when he gets to the east coast is to schedule for internet hookup! a man with so much to say cannot be quieted so easily. :mrgreen:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 30th, '05, 08:00

aloha, everyone!

just popping in to wish everyone 'happy holidays'!

thanks for everyone's well-wishes in this thread. i really appreciate it. these past few months have gone by pretty quickly. training kept me quite busy, but i tried to pop in a few times just to see what was new. unfortunately, it just got too busy for me to even lurk.

i did get a chance to visit many places - more states than my entire lifetime! traveled around the virginia, maryland and DC areas for sightseeing. during thanksgiving, i visited NYC and ate at a friend-of-a-friends' house in new jersey. i met a lot of people (mostly asian) and couldn't help but wonder if any of them were d-addict members. :lol

it's going to take me a while to read through what's happened in the last few months and i won't even be able to start catching up to my torrents until next month. :cry: i feel just like a wet-behind-the-ears n00b!! ha!

congrats to Jannah, LGG and mizune for making the mod team. much thanks to them (and the original mods & Ruro) for keeping this site going.

for those of you wondering, i was only back in hawaii for a very short time, then returned to the frozen tundra that people call the 'east coast'. lucky me. :crazy: i will be happy to return when things get back to "normal" for me.

happy holidays to all!

-j

ps. there were some people that left me private msgs. it's better to e-mail me at the address i provided in the first post of this thread. right now, it's easier for me to check that e-mail than to sign in. i know if i sign in, i'll tend to get distracted. :lol

Schala

Post by Schala » Dec 30th, '05, 22:46

Happy Holidays to you too! Have a safe and Happy New Year! ^_^

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 31st, '05, 00:04

Good luck jholic and you know they do have ISP's on the east coast too.
I know cause I lived there but of course that was a while back :unsure:

Anyway... come back soon. :thumleft:

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Dec 31st, '05, 21:21

:cheers: happy new year jholic....have a great 2006 year....have fun and party hard this new year's eve....on the other hand, maybe not too much drinks, you might get run over by a reindeer :lol :lol :lol.... have a wonderful new year....

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 27th, '06, 04:19

Ruroshin wrote:he'll be back, just watch
and so i am. hopefully, here to stay. :D

Schala, techie and mimmi: thanks for the kind words.

groink

Post by groink » Feb 27th, '06, 04:28

jholic wrote:hopefully, here to stay. :D
Are you back in Hawaii?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 27th, '06, 05:32

groink wrote:Are you back in Hawaii?
i wish. i still happen to be in the wonderful sub-zero weather of the east coast. lucky me.
:-(

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 27th, '06, 05:46

^ I wanna be back on the East Coast.. ;_;
But good grief, you seriously aren't going to let anybody surpass you in post count, are you? :lol
You must be reading through every single thread you missed since the last time you dropped by... O_o;;;

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 27th, '06, 05:50

mizune wrote:^ I wanna be back on the East Coast.. ;_;
why???!
mizune wrote:You must be reading through every single thread you missed since the last time you dropped by... O_o;;;
:lol heavens no! that would take waaay too much time. i'm just reading the first four or five pages of each interesting thread. i haven't even gotten to the 'entertainment' sections and it's already nappy time. *sigh* time flies when you're on d-add.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Feb 27th, '06, 19:24

^^ It's really obvious when jholic is back huh :lol
Okaeri, jholic-sama :mrgreen:

kaname

Post by kaname » Feb 27th, '06, 20:50

I have been all over the world including many of the places from which you are all blasting the east coast...I enjoyed visiting but have always returned home to what i feel is the best place in the world...the east coast of the us...I lived in cali and had to leave after a year...loved hawaii...loved arizona...loved england france and other places in europe...loved australia and japan...love island hopping in the carribean...loved peru and brazil....would not change where i live for any of em....jholic give it time and hopefully you will see the best qualities of the mid-atlantic region (of course i dont think that you or anyone else will ever not feel that your home base wherever it may be is not better than the next and we are all right so lets stop the blasting).
Oh yeah, glad to have you back :D

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Feb 27th, '06, 21:44

j-holic, okaeri nasai :cheers:
I was just wondering the other day how you're doing and if I'll ever see a member with so many posts again :P
Glad to have you back, there was something amiss without you.
Good luck with your work!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 28th, '06, 01:54

kaname: you're right. the weather sucks here in the east coast, but there are some good qualities. when i get up to dc, there's a lot of museums and stuff.

jaycee & hakuharu: tadaima! arigatou for your kind words. missed ya guys!

Schala

Post by Schala » Feb 28th, '06, 02:09

jholic wrote:you're right. the weather sucks here in the east coast, but there are some good qualities. when i get up to dc, there's a lot of museums and stuff.
Just stay away from NJ. It's the armpit of the USA. :glare:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 28th, '06, 03:35

jholic wrote:kaname: you're right. the weather sucks here in the east coast, but there are some good qualities. when i get up to dc, there's a lot of museums and stuff.
I agree with kaname too (esp since I'm from MD ^_^;;; )
The best thing about museums (and zoo) in DC: they're almost all free to the public. Growing up in the area, it never occurred to me that it was the norm for museums charge an admission fee. So spoiled....

As for the weather... I love the weather back east... Heck, I love weather!! :roll
There are actually quite a few beautiful places within the MD/VA/DC area, but the thing is that most of the time ppl don't know they exist. For instance Rock Creek and Great Falls National Park actually wind into the heart of DC, but its camoflauged very well. When the weather improves, I'd suggest make your way down to the bay for some nice picturesque scenes. And come Autumn, you don't need to go very far to see some spectacular views of the leaves.

And you'll probably hate me for saying this, but besides snow, every few years or so we get a severe ice storm. When that happens, it's impossible to get around, but everything literally crystallizes and becomes absolutely beautiful. Tree branches are coated with a thin layer of ice so that they glisten and sparkle... :wub:
The muffled sounds of everything blanketed in snow... crunchy sounds of boots on ice...
Neighbors helping each other dig out cars and driveways....
:cry:

Great, now I'm feeling homesick....

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 1st, '06, 01:21

Schala: c'mon, i was in NJ for thanksgiving and i thought it was a pretty nice place. unfortunately, it was cold as heck.
mizune wrote:The best thing about museums (and zoo) in DC: they're almost all free to the public. Growing up in the area, it never occurred to me that it was the norm for museums charge an admission fee. So spoiled....
it took me by surprise as well. and the museums in dc are awesome.
mizune wrote:And you'll probably hate me for saying this, but besides snow, every few years or so we get a severe ice storm. When that happens, it's impossible to get around, but everything literally crystallizes and becomes absolutely beautiful. Tree branches are coated with a thin layer of ice so that they glisten and sparkle... :wub:
The muffled sounds of everything blanketed in snow... crunchy sounds of boots on ice...
Neighbors helping each other dig out cars and driveways....
:cry:
well, it's still not going to make me hope for a snowstorm, but we had one a few weeks ago, and i have to admit AFTERWARDS everything was quite beautiful in white. you don't get to see that in hawaii.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Mar 1st, '06, 02:15

okaeri jholic!! good to see you here again in the mood for posting :P your coming back sure was noticeable :lol

but I bet you have a lot of doramas to catch up with ne :tv:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 2nd, '06, 00:38

arigatou, yamatsumi! it's nice to see you too.

yes, quite a bit of dramas. i've really missed out on a lot while i was gone. :cry:

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Mar 2nd, '06, 00:46

jholic wrote:kaname: you're right. the weather sucks here in the east coast, but there are some good qualities. when i get up to dc, there's a lot of museums and stuff.
Guy you litterally had me ROFL on that one.. Granted I'm not in to museums and art or what not, so leaving Hawaii for the blackhole called the East Coast still has me in shock.