No
12%

Total votes: 154

silver sparrow
Fansubber
Fansubber

Tree of Heaven (SBS, 2006) with Lee Wan

Post by silver sparrow » Jan 29th, '06, 03:20

i was wondering when this drama if it will be available through BT. i'm currently watching snow white with lee wan and i totally feel in love with him! he's so hot, and i was checking to see what other dramas he was in. i found out a new drama will be coming on after my girl on sbs. here is some news about it:

1/16/06 – Lee Wan and Park Shin Hye film their new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Tree of Heaven” in Nagano, Japan. They pose in front of a church in a snowfield. In order to show the dark and cold image in the drama, Lee Wan has lost 5kg weight within one month. LW’s role Yoon Suh (윤서) lost his mother when he was 10 years old and became autistic. His father remarries. Then he and his step-sister Hana (하나, played by Park Shin Hye) develop love relationship. The drama is scheduled to be aired by SBS on 2/8 following the final episode of “My Girl”. Also, the drama will be broadcasted by Fuji TV in April in Japan.

credit: asianfanatics

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Jan 29th, '06, 06:34

o_O. ehh, he falls in love with his step sister. i totally dislike these type of dramas. although they're not blood related, but i still believe it's wrong. but of course, if this drama is any good, i will watch it regardless. lee wan is so hot! xD hehe.

daalig

Post by daalig » Jan 29th, '06, 08:14

Shorty wrote:o_O. ehh, he falls in love with his step sister. i totally dislike these type of dramas. although they're not blood related, but i still believe it's wrong. but of course, if this drama is any good, i will watch it regardless. lee wan is so hot! xD hehe.
It doesn't matter to me. If the story is good enough, I'll get hooked in. I hated Autumn Tale, though not because of the brother/sister relationship, but loved Ireland and they were blood related.

Looking forward to this, didn't really become interested in My Girl. Just couldn't like any of the characters. :/

tooni

Post by tooni » Jan 29th, '06, 23:50

:D i love the cast totally felt in love with both of them in STH.......

but this drama sound kinda like STH in the begin :crazy:
Here's the preview of Heaven's Tree... The serie looks soo sad
Preview

here's a rough translation of the article in the beginning...

Lee Wan (이완) and Park Shin Hae (박신혜) have been casted for the new drama, 'Heaven's Tree.'

'Heaven's Tree,' the filming of which will take place in January, is the finale of the Heaven Series by Lee Jung Soo PD-- Beautiful Days, Stairway to Heaven and now Heaven's Tree-- and will be 10 episodes long.

It's a heartbreaking love story between two siblings --their Korean father and Japanese mother remarried to each other and thus the two have become step siblings. In the drama, Lee Wan (이완) plays Yoon Suh (윤서) who as a child, shows great potential as an artist, but as he grows up he leaves home and joins the "Yakouzas" or becomes one of the 야쿠자 (i believe it was a notorious gang in Japan), but keeps his step sister deep in his heart.

Hana (하나), his japanese step sister, doomed to share the ill-fated love relationship with Lee Wan, will be played by Park Shin Hae (박신혜) who also acted in 'Stairway to Heaven,' 'To be cute or to be crazy' and etc.

Heaven's Tree was written by Moon Hee Jung and Kim Nam Hee who also wrote Stairway to Heaven, through which Kwon Sang Woo became one of the Hanryu (한류) stars. It is set to air in February of 2006 after SBS's 'My Girl.'
and then the stuff written after that is about Lee Wan who's working out to prepare for this drama and how he's just finished filming a movie in Japan entitled '그때 나는 죽기로 했다' ('At that time I even died' roughly translated). And how they think Lee Wan will become one of the hanryu stars as well... or something along those lines.

credite : soompi forum

i just hope some fansub gonna sub this one, i dont care if it's bad i mean the cast is Lee Wan ans Park Shin Hae(cant believe she is will be 16 the day after this drama air!!!) !!!!!

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jan 30th, '06, 02:43

I am strangely looking forward to this. I haven't confirmed but I hear the show is going to be about 10 episodes or less. I've also read that Sonim (Japanese Korean singer) night be in it? That doesn't seem likely but that would be cool if true.

I like the lead actors a lot, especially Park Shin Hye.

Preview:

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OY9 ... 0NX27ZQTTP

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 30th, '06, 03:26

Thanks for sharing the information on this drama. From the preview, it looks like this is gonna be one of those super weepy melodramas ala Stairway to Heaven. Even their titles sound the same! I hope the PD & writers don't try to make it a copy of STH, because this drama could potentially hold its own. 10 episodes would be good as there'd be no time for the drama to drag. :P

Anyway, I'd watch this, even though I think the premise of the story is rather incestuous to me. :blink I like Park Shin Hye, and I thought she had some great chemistry with Lee Wan in STH. I loved them in STH, more than I did the Choi Ji Woo & Kwon Sang Woo pairing. Looks like poor Park Shin Hye's gonna be shedding endless tears again for this drama! :cry: I hope she does a happier drama after this.

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Jan 30th, '06, 06:56

omg. is that the same girl from STH?? lol. oops, i never knew. now im definately gonna watch this drama! xD hehe. two characters from STH that i love, once again showing up in another drama together. i cant miss out this time. hehe. thanks for sharing! =]

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Feb 4th, '06, 15:46

a must watch for me!... just waiting for the torrent n subs to be available now

mentlkase

Post by mentlkase » Feb 5th, '06, 04:05

im looking forward to this drama too. most likely the file will be out on donkey servers a day or two after it airs, add one day to get it properly seeded on donkey, so it should be about half-week to a full-week before it makes it on torrent, since from my experience its on donkey a lot sooner.

o yea and '그때 나는 죽기로 했다' im pretty sure this means, "Thats when i decided i would die"

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Feb 5th, '06, 05:25

COOL i just watched STH not so long ago..

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Feb 5th, '06, 05:31

after watching my girl i can't help but to compare it. too melodramatic for me. sibling love and bla bla.i'll pass even though the actor is cute.

tsang_yue_fen

Post by tsang_yue_fen » Feb 7th, '06, 05:09

can someone please tell me the other drama's of Park shin hye? shes soooo familiar i just cant recall where i saw her!!! please?? thanks...
i think ill watch this one!! i love lee wan!! :)

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Feb 7th, '06, 05:32

tsang_yue_fen wrote:can someone please tell me the other drama's of Park shin hye? shes soooo familiar i just cant recall where i saw her!!! please?? thanks...
i think ill watch this one!! i love lee wan!! :)
the only one that i know of is Stairway To Heaven. a popular kdrama starring Choi Ji Woo and Kwan Sang Woo. x]

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Feb 7th, '06, 05:55

Heh, it's kind of like a what-if scenario for the two if KSW's character Songjoo wasn't there. They were stepsiblings in STH too.

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Feb 7th, '06, 20:53

oh my god
sooooooo cute

iam looking forword it

lee wan rocks

i saw him in snow white and he is also in lets go to the beach
a nice drama too

i think its ok if there are no blood relation because they are tottaly
have a different father and mather

i dono :p

enkhee

Post by enkhee » Feb 7th, '06, 21:10

Heaven's Tree was written by Moon Hee Jung and Kim Nam Hee
Moon Hee Jung ... for a second there it looked like Moon Hee Jun. :crazy: my inner choti fangirl is still alive i guess.

ps between Lee Wan and the younger KSW, i'd pick the younger KSW any second. coz that guy, or boy, was definetly hot. still 10 eps korean drama? can't wait to finish it.

orchidjadedx

Post by orchidjadedx » Feb 7th, '06, 21:19

lee wan is a very hot actor and a pretty good one too along with park shin hye but y oh y does this drama have to be so typical...y is he always falling in love with his stepsister...i mean do the authors just write this from imagination or does koreans relli fall in love with their step siblings...well i hope it does good...not looking forward to it but i'll come back to see what ppl think of it...

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Feb 8th, '06, 04:40

In this case, I think, the producers were looking for a thematic spinoff of Stairway To Heaven, since Stairway To Heaven was aired in Japan and was popular there. Heaven's Tree will be broadcast in Japan. I don't know the details of that (I'm not sure if it's being broadcast there at the same time as it's being broadcast in Korea) but it seems that this show is more like a for-Japanese kind of show, playing to the expectations of the fans there. Heaven's Tree is like a pristine, "vintage" love story and I think that is what the Japanese fans of K dramas are interested in.

I don't mind the story in itself. I like the snowy Japanese scenery the show has going for it. But I wouldn't exactly like how this might make Koreans look. We seem to be always portraying ourselves as overemotional loveholics. I'm Korean and that's hardly the case with me. I'm a very unemotional guy with no incestuous tendencies whatsoever. :P But some fans might dig this sort of melodrama because it might remind them of their simpler pasts. I've read this is why Winter Sonata was such a huge hit in Japan among the obasans.

shazai

Post by shazai » Feb 8th, '06, 14:33

i hope someone could sub this series it seems very interesting
:D

ds27

Post by ds27 » Feb 9th, '06, 16:41

i didn't see stairway to heaven because the dramas at the time were getting retarded. after ka ool dong hwa, everything was about cancer and it was getting played out.

but this drama is basically the prequel to stairway to heaven. its the same story but its before the park shin hye met kwon sang woo.

nrg_hot330

lee wan

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 9th, '06, 17:57

geez. lee wan is hot. but i don't like the feamle role...maybe u think that i'm jealous or something, but i am not. it's just becoz i really really don't like her. she is ugly, man.

mentlkase

Post by mentlkase » Feb 9th, '06, 19:35

posted the first ep in the torrents. please help seed when dun

Sheeny

Post by Sheeny » Feb 10th, '06, 00:05

I already watched the 1st and 2nd episode of heaven tree. Really good drama !!!!!!!!!! :thumleft: The lead actress is so cute and Lee Wan is hot, they are the perfect match for this sad drama ! :w00t: Too sad :glare: I don't understand one word korean and japanese, still waiting for the sub (hope a team will do it !)

Must watch this drama ! :cheers:

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Feb 10th, '06, 03:24

yay ep 1 torrent is out!! thanx

i hope some kind soul will sub this drama.

mentlkase

Post by mentlkase » Feb 10th, '06, 05:27

park shin hye isn't the most convincing japanese girl but, her accent isn't too bad, prolly since most of her lines are short. Very cute girl. heh short lines are good, don't have to waste extra effort reading the subtitles.

tooni

Post by tooni » Feb 12th, '06, 23:42

this drama is so unreal :glare:

#1. Lee Wan's part is so weird, a boy that doesnt talk, i mean c'mon
#2. PSH have no good reason to put up with her aunt at all...she should just tell her mom what goin on..
#3. PSH runnin after Lee Wan all the time(it's too much), get a life PSH

i dont understand why they have to make her aunt so mean, or why they have to be a mean part in the drama at all?????

they can not fall in love in normal family? she have to be hit?

i hope the story get better ....

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Feb 13th, '06, 05:41

i like this drama alot. its a nice change after all the romantic-comedies that i've been watching.

a dramatic/ tragic love story drama like this is just what i need. that way i'll nvr be bored of kdramas! =p

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 13th, '06, 13:54

i am not really into sad movies, especially that has too many fictional parts like too innocent girl suffers all her life. i agree with tooni.
yeah c'mon ppl. there ain't that innocent baby ppl nowadays.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Feb 14th, '06, 04:42

i'm looking forward to this! :w00t: Lee Wan is a great actor. i Love him in Snow White and Let's go the Beach :wub: i can't wait for this!!! :D thanks sooo much for the info. :salut:

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Feb 14th, '06, 05:37

I'm loving this drama XD
hmm but did anybody notice this
at the beginning of the episode,the girl was talking and there were 2 graves,but when she was young,there was only one..and she kept comparing her father to her step brother..does that mean the 2nd grave is his,i mean the step brother's :( I hope not..
ah well,I loved MISA and I already knew he'd die by the end of it,so I guess this one'd be alright too if he died at the end
:unsure: :unsure:

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Feb 15th, '06, 08:02

CraZyaH wrote:I'm loving this drama XD
at the beginning of the episode,the girl was talking and there were 2 graves,but when she was young,there was only one..and she kept comparing her father to her step brother..does that mean the 2nd grave is his,i mean the step brother's :( I hope not..
ah well,I loved MISA and I already knew he'd die by the end of it,so I guess this one'd be alright too if he died at the end
I won't be surprised if it'll end like that. As a matter of fact, I'll be expecting to just to prepare myself.

While I was watching episode 1, something is telling me, ahhh, this is ridiculous...
But I remembered STH, wasn't it just the same? Did I not bawl my eyes like a kid who just lost her beloved dog while saying this is the greatest show in earth as I see some grown woman beat the heck out of the little girl. I even got a couple of tissues before I played ep01...saw the same thing from STH played out again in this new Heaven series. Great acting, I was a bit moved...But this time around, my brain is asking lil-old-emotional-me a few questions...
<insert tooni's list of points>
Yah, WHY?? Nande??Waeee???
Unfortunately, no tears at all...but I'm not gonna poison my viewing experience with those thoughts just yet...I still wanna watch this drama worry-free.
But did time fly, eh? I can't believe I fell for those kind of set-ups before. Now, I've gotten picky...tears don't come out easily anymore.
Before it was " Aw, poor little girl."
Now, I kept mumbling, "stupid kid, why dont ya fight back?"

jes!

Post by jes! » Feb 15th, '06, 08:06

i'm just about finished with downloading the first episode! so excited to get to watch it.. finally~~ :roll

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Feb 15th, '06, 08:11

jaycee05 wrote: <insert tooni's list of points>
Yah, WHY?? Nande??Waeee???
Unfortunately, no tears at all...but I'm not gonna poison my viewing experience with those thoughts just yet...I still wanna watch this drama worry-free.
But did time fly, eh? I can't believe I fell for those kind of set-ups before. Now, I've gotten picky...tears don't come out easily anymore.
Before it was " Aw, poor little girl."
Now, I kept mumbling, "stupid kid, why dont ya fight back?"
lol I had the same thing in mind! I couldn't cry at all,instead I was like "eh nobody can be THAT weak, nice or stupid :glare: " and on the snow scenes,I was just wondering how COLD they felt lol
I just hope this series gets better um,and less typical >.>

dan12

Post by dan12 » Feb 15th, '06, 16:40

i dont think its sad yet its getting there though. This drama is very cute i had lots of little lauphter during the drama haha its funny watching the main actor cause hes so rouph and carefree ahha and the girl shes so cute when she trys to speak korean haha well i havent seen any shows like this probably because i havent watched STH just been watching recent movies from full house on lol

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Feb 16th, '06, 01:30

zdoon wrote: I don't mind the story in itself. I like the snowy Japanese scenery the show has going for it. But I wouldn't exactly like how this might make Koreans look. We seem to be always portraying ourselves as overemotional loveholics. I'm Korean and that's hardly the case with me. I'm a very unemotional guy with no incestuous tendencies whatsoever. :P But some fans might dig this sort of melodrama because it might remind them of their simpler pasts. I've read this is why Winter Sonata was such a huge hit in Japan among the obasans.
Ok, rant ahoy. I wrote the above based on the previews for the show, and even before ep 1 aired. Now I am wondering even more what in the heck the writers were thinking. I'm watching ep 3 and my anxieties in regard to Lee Wan's character are proving true. Youn Seo comes off as a beastly, irrational and overemotional thug. He's a psycho stalker whereas in ep 1 and 2 it was ambigious enough. This is truly disappointing considering all the stereotypes going on in Japan. The show is becoming more and more like a self-deprecating showcase pandering to racists. I won't even get into the character of the aunt.

It's possible I am far too cynical for my own good but I know about the traditions of racism going around and what that consists of in particular, and it's easy to see what effect a show of this sort can have in the above regard.

On the bright side, Sonim is doing a great job playing Hana's friend. I take care to note that she is actually Korean. Her Korean pronunciation is pretty good too.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Feb 16th, '06, 07:42

zdoon wrote: I'm watching ep 3 and my anxieties in regard to Lee Wan's character are proving true. Youn Seo comes off as a beastly, irrational and overemotional thug. He's a psycho stalker whereas in ep 1 and 2 it was ambigious enough.
...and sex-deprived...I dunno why, but he reminds of a dog in heat everytime he and PSH have those contact moments, even from STH.

This drama is getting harder to watch by the minute. The usual kdrama scenarios look way out of place in the setting they created. I feel like watching soap opera to the infinity power...that judo scene...<snickers> I can't help myself...but man, that was hilarious. It's like the japanese people gathered around the judo place to watch the korean couple roleplay some random signature kdrama moment.
And the Japanese actors...what the heck is Uchida wearing, he looks like he is about to burst in that coat. He can't even pull off the bigshot hotelier(is he?) he is supposed to be. The Brother Beat actress is trying to hard...painfully hard with the bitchy cousin role she landed with. As much as I liked her in Brother Beat...she's...erm...she's really awful in this one. I guess the japanese way of bitchiness is totally different with the korean way. She can't even get the eyeball movement right! :lol Not very effective at all, coz I don't feel the slightest urge of banging her face on the wall. Ah, where's the excitement...I miss my kdrama vixens.
Racism, stereotypes or whatnot...I, being neither of the two races in the drama, think that it's looking bad both ways...
The synchronization and blending between japanese and korean drama styles are not... very fluid, should I say? But then, that might not be the actual intention of the writer anyway. I'm really curious of what a Japanese person's take on this drama since I heard one Korean(zdoon)'s opinion already.

As for the developing relationship between our two lovebirds. It's very odd...I have never been bothered between step sibling relationships before...but theirs is getting iffy to me--incestuous.
and I agree with zdoon...Soonim is the most likeable character right now(for me). I feel like sighing a breath of relief whenever she appears. She's just too adorable.

mentlkase

Post by mentlkase » Feb 16th, '06, 08:30

i just wish the guy was.... smoother.... and well, somewhat likeable. makes us koreans look bad. (park shin hye is very lovable tho ^^). tommorow's ep looks promising, all cleaned up and nicer looking, lets hope the attitude has changed too ><[/spoiler]

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Feb 16th, '06, 11:25

In fairness, I do like the acting especially Park Shin Hye's, and it is an entertaining show especially considering its pace. But if you have problems with it already, episode 3 will be difficult to watch.

Rondo is another show I'm watching. In episode 5 the Korean neighbor totally punches her husband in the face. I mean, litterally. It's funny too and it's supposed to be comical I guess. But I've never seen anything like that in a show. It was a physically real punch, making real contact, which seems way too unneccesary for a precisely scripted and produced drama to include. Do side characters in J dramas usually hit each other? They do in anime all the time but I don't recall ever seeing it in live action.

mentlkase

Post by mentlkase » Feb 17th, '06, 03:17

just got dun watching ep 4 and..... it makes up for the weirdness in eps 1-3. and the next two look very exciting... can't wait...

vmaila78

Post by vmaila78 » Feb 17th, '06, 03:26

hi,
is episode 3 & 4 out already? can someone please upload it here in d-addicts.please please...

tnx in advance... :salut: :salut: :salut:

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Feb 17th, '06, 04:08

mentlkase wrote:just got dun watching ep 4 and..... it makes up for the weirdness in eps 1-3. and the next two look very exciting... can't wait...
You sure about that? One of the scenes in ep 4 involves Lee Wan on top of PSH. Of course he isn't, but it appears as though he is raping her. Yeah! The producers must be pulling my string deliberately. They were probably like "haha, zdoon will be watching so let's throw in a gratuitous "rape" scene in ep 4 to further frustrate him, heh heh heh." Anyone with a brain should realize how extremely unneccesary those scenes are and, therefore, how deliberate those scenes are. Director, yes we get it! Lee Wan is psycho, and yeah, he's Korean too just as Japanese imagine him to be.

But as I might note as I did before, LW's psycho lunacy and show's increasing weirdness makes it worth watching or entertaining at least. I'm waiting to see how the producers handle these tensions and to see whether there was any dramatic purpose for them. I hope there's one.

mentlkase

Post by mentlkase » Feb 17th, '06, 07:26

he's not that crazy is he? he's just too simple, although i guess koreans being portrayed as simple bufoons isn't sumthing i should enjoy either. and that preview makes it look a lot worse than what actually happens.

[/spoiler]

he does a total 180 btw after what hana says, and i wouldn't call him a stalker although thats what the preview made it seem like, considering she desperately wants to see him too...

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Feb 17th, '06, 13:56

Can someone plz tell me which clubboxes have this show =)

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 17th, '06, 14:17

from all your conversation. i understood that this show ain't that good.

Dare_Devil09

Post by Dare_Devil09 » Feb 17th, '06, 14:23

this seires look good hmm.....I just saw the preview it look soo sad I bet I be crying alot in this series :D
(I just love a cry now and then)

I think this series going to be much sadder then Devil Beside You!!!

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 17th, '06, 15:26

i don't like all crying stuff. even men cry like a baby in those shows.

vicky

Post by vicky » Feb 17th, '06, 16:42

don't you think that korean series are based on brother and sister relationship. It is so weird. I don't like Autumn Tale (soory for the fans). And Tree Heaven seems very sad too.

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 17th, '06, 17:12

i totally agree with that. i reall don't like Autumn story...crying and crying

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Feb 17th, '06, 17:17

vicky wrote:don't you think that korean series are based on brother and sister relationship. It is so weird. I don't like Autumn Tale (soory for the fans). And Tree Heaven seems very sad too.
in Autumn Tale they were raised thinking they were brother and sister and had a blood relation,so their love was wrong. but in Heaven's Tree they're just Step brother and sister,and I don't know about the girl,but the character Lee Wan plays hasn't been treating her as a sister,instead he fell for her..
so I don't really see how you'd compare that Heaven's Tree to Autumn Tale ^^ u can't really say that "met after a few years" thing is the thing that made u think so too,because that's common for a lot of other dramas :whistling:

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Feb 17th, '06, 21:33

CraZyaH wrote:I'm loving this drama XD
Yeah huh? Well I just got the spoiler and I was shocked!!!! Hint: Same case as as Staricase To Heaven :crazy: :blink
As a conclusion to the "Heaven" series, the story develops around the forbidden love between a pair of Korean-Japanese step-siblings. Except for the male and female leads who are Koreans, the rest of the cast are Japanese. Filming is also done in Japan. With the original crew of "Stairway to Heaven" as a base, this story tells of a Korean guy, Yoon Suh, who legally acquires a new step-sister, Hana, when his father remarries. However, he fell in love with his step-sister and decided to protect her until the day he dies.

Yoon Suh suffered from autism when his mother died on the day of his 10th birthday. Later, when his father remarried, he fell in love with his Japanese step-sister, Hana. Yoon Suh grew up and became a Mafia member. Despite his step-sibling relationship with Hana, they continued the ill-fated love. He finally decided to end his life and give his eyes to Hana who lost her sight in a traffic accident. This act of love enabled the two lovers to be together forever.

Although I wonder if he's going to die? I guess he will?
Now I'm going crazy .....!!

Paige

Post by Paige » Feb 17th, '06, 21:37

gee... sounds exactly like Stairway to Heaven!!! Father remarries... trouble kid... stepbrother/stepsister... mmm... hehe. Sounds interesting though! Is it the same director? Smells like it, but it could just be another dude adapting his/her ideas...

I watched the music vid... I really wanna watch this now!

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Feb 17th, '06, 21:39

Paige wrote:gee... sounds exactly like Stairway to Heaven!!! Father remarries... trouble kid... stepbrother/stepsister... mmm... hehe. Sounds interesting though! Is it the same director? Smells like it, but it could just be another dude adapting his/her ideas...

I watched the music vid... I really wanna watch this now!
It is the same director.... or writer?

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Feb 17th, '06, 21:41

geez even the storyline is simillar with each other. gaa lee

Paige

Post by Paige » Feb 17th, '06, 21:42

Sunshine_36 wrote:It is the same director.... or writer?
thanks for answerings so quickly! Is it really? Haha I thought so, but I didn't cut out the possibility of another director taking his/her ideas... mm... I spoiled myself to the spoilers... and it seems like this director did a bit TOOOOO much recycling with his ideas... :lol where has originality gone?

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Feb 17th, '06, 22:10

It's by the same writers. I forgot where I posted it, but it's like a spinoff of Stairway to Heaven, a what-if scenario between the LW and PSH if KSW's chara didnt exist.

I don't think I like this drama too much, but it's so morbidly addicting, like a psychological stress release to look at all the cheese. Plus I think Lee Wan looks incredibly hot after the 3rd episode. After a healthy dose of "sassy girl" dramas ie Choon Hyang and My Girl, I feel like this drama just takes a dozen steps backward in entertainment evolution. I personally feel that STH only succeeded b/c KSW was so damn fine (yes, i'm a fan of my future husband), b/c the screechy / waily CJW crying scenes were NOT fun.

Does anyone feel like the sweet innocent Korean girl + rough and tough/ mentally unstable but kicked puppy syndrome boy scenario is a lost art? It was fine for the first couple of dramas (more recently A Love to Kill, Autumn Fairy Tale, STH, Beautiful Days, Truth, Secrets, and I could go on) but I feel like the only "fun" dramas for me lately are the sassy girl dramas (note, the only time I've seen this formula not work is in That Girl is Cool, mainly b/c there was an overdose of the cheese factor). So yeah, this rant was inspired by all the cheese and crying in every other scene. Not fun.
And in the "rape" scene in Ep 4, I couldn't sympathize with any of the characters. It was too unbelievable and RANDOM. And how do the writers expect us to, with such a mentally unstable character? I don't think we were allowed to know the sweeter side of Yoon Suh. And does Hana do anything in her scenes other than cry, look shocked/surprised, or smile?

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Feb 18th, '06, 06:09

Sunshine_36 wrote:
As a conclusion to the "Heaven" series, the story develops around the forbidden love between a pair of Korean-Japanese step-siblings. Except for the male and female leads who are Koreans, the rest of the cast are Japanese. Filming is also done in Japan. With the original crew of "Stairway to Heaven" as a base, this story tells of a Korean guy, Yoon Suh, who legally acquires a new step-sister, Hana, when his father remarries. However, he fell in love with his step-sister and decided to protect her until the day he dies.

Yoon Suh suffered from autism when his mother died on the day of his 10th birthday. Later, when his father remarried, he fell in love with his Japanese step-sister, Hana. Yoon Suh grew up and became a Mafia member. Despite his step-sibling relationship with Hana, they continued the ill-fated love. He finally decided to end his life and give his eyes to Hana who lost her sight in a traffic accident. This act of love enabled the two lovers to be together forever.

Although I wonder if he's going to die? I guess he will?
Now I'm going crazy .....!!
eh :blink where did you get this from? I mean the drama has only started,don't think they'd give out any spoilers as they usually shoot the episodes during the airing days and could make changes to the story depending on the ratings and people's view ( or at least that's what I heard they did)..but I'm quite sure they wouldn't give out such a spoiler,and there's no way they'd make the drama 100-99% just the another one, I mean they may have a lot of similarities but not like THAT! :unsure: :unsure:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 18th, '06, 07:31

jaycee05 wrote: and I agree with zdoon...Sonim is the most likeable character right now(for me). I feel like sighing a breath of relief whenever she appears. She's just too adorable.
If anybody's interested, Sonim keeps a blog that she updates almost daily, and she's been including little things about the filming (like how freaking early in the morning they need to be on the set). Right now, the blog skin is one she thinks her character in this drama would choose... :lol
http://jocoso.jp/sonim/
Ok, it's in Japanese, but in the past, I have seen her post a line or two in Korean and there are a fair number of ppl who post replies in Korean as well... (Her English is also ery good for somebody who grew up under the Japanese school system...."Go ECC!") :)

Anywho... I only understand the Japanese bits, so I'll bugger along now... :fear:

bigsoccer

Post by bigsoccer » Feb 18th, '06, 08:32

I was going to download this series through bittorrent which probably going to take me at least 10 hours for each episode and this website has it for direct download. Amazing.

http://www.idols-unlimited.com/heavens-tree

first 4 episodes are out.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Feb 18th, '06, 13:38

aisu_kurimu wrote:
And in the "rape" scene in Ep 4, I couldn't sympathize with any of the characters. It was too unbelievable and RANDOM. And how do the writers expect us to, with such a mentally unstable character? I don't think we were allowed to know the sweeter side of Yoon Suh. And does Hana do anything in her scenes other than cry, look shocked/surprised, or smile?
It is random, completely unneccesary, and it contributes to nothing except to give a side nod and reinforcement to the currents of racism that can go on in Japan. The more I think about it, the more I dislike it.

JUNEBUG

Post by JUNEBUG » Feb 18th, '06, 20:23

I would love to watch every thing Lee-Wan is in but I think I will have to pass on this one :-( the hole sister/brother thing is just gross! :crazy: I dont care if they are step siblings they still consider each other as brother and sister so how do you ever go from that to romantic feelings :scratch: again just gross! :pale:

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Feb 18th, '06, 20:25

JUNEBUG wrote:I would love to watch every thing Lee-Wan is in but I think I will have to pass on this one :-( the hole sister/brother thing is just gross! :crazy: I dont care if they are step siblings they still consider each other as brother and sister so how do you ever go from that to romantic feelings :scratch: again just gross! :pale:
well they haven't lived enough with each other to have "brotherly" feelings for each other,aaaaaaaaaaaand since they're not blood related,I have notihng against it :mrgreen:

JUNEBUG

Post by JUNEBUG » Feb 18th, '06, 20:50

CraZyaH wrote:
JUNEBUG wrote:I would love to watch every thing Lee-Wan is in but I think I will have to pass on this one :-( the hole sister/brother thing is just gross! :crazy: I dont care if they are step siblings they still consider each other as brother and sister so how do you ever go from that to romantic feelings :scratch: again just gross! :pale:
well they haven't lived enough with each other to have "brotherly" feelings for each other,aaaaaaaaaaaand since they're not blood related,I have notihng against it :mrgreen:
So when do they meet? I was under the impression that they become sister and brother when they are kids well if that's not the case and they haven't been sis/bro sense they were kids then maybe it's not as bad as I thought I just keep thinking about the brother/sister thing in the show LOST and that was really gross, well I guess I might just watch the show and see for myself :unsure:

mentlkase

Post by mentlkase » Feb 18th, '06, 22:34

well... one they lived togther for less than a school year (it seems)

Theyre parents are off somewhere, and they are not acting like a family, and

three
theyre parents are dead, i think.

JUNEBUG

Post by JUNEBUG » Feb 18th, '06, 22:54

:O OK the show seems to get more interesting by the minute...........
____Parents Dead?____

mentlkase

Post by mentlkase » Feb 19th, '06, 04:32

seems easier to just upload to clubbox than seeding the torrent so... ill prolly up to here

http://clubbox.co.kr/mentlkase

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Feb 19th, '06, 05:01

Ok after watching up to eps 2, i can clearly say this drama is pretty bad.
The story first of all..why is the step brother so jealous and going crazy and not even talking for real, acting all cool and then wearing his T-shirt in the freezing cold.
Makes no sense especially in eps 2 when the step brother follows the girl to Tokyo haha thats just dumb. How the heck did he get there?

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Feb 19th, '06, 06:04

sigh... clubbox hates me. it nvr works for me!

but i'm glad for the torrent uploads here. hope that no one stops uplaoding coz seriously my life would end lol

...and i dont think that they ever had any sibling love for each other or at least it seemed like leewan's character nvr did. it strucked me from the start that he had romantic feelings for her.

nallykha2006

Hey!guys

Post by nallykha2006 » Feb 20th, '06, 00:38

Everybody have their own opinion, with me Heaven's Tree is like Stairway to Heaven, but the acting of Lee Wan and the girl were real good. I think this movie in a beginning make me feel one of them will die but I still watch it because it attract in some way, I hope this movie will be popular. Anyways, I 'm waiting for the new episode.

babygiirl

Post by babygiirl » Feb 20th, '06, 01:06

mentlkase wrote:seems easier to just upload to clubbox than seeding the torrent so... ill prolly up to here

TY so much for upload epi 3-4 on your clubbox ... bittorrents is such a painnnnnnn :cry: takes forever to dl ... you're saving me hours and hours if not days :cheers: ty ty ty

-bbgirl

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Feb 20th, '06, 02:03

can someone give me the korean characters for the title of this drama? thanks.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Feb 20th, '06, 07:47

Shorty wrote:can someone give me the korean characters for the title of this drama? thanks.
천국의 나무

jes!

Post by jes! » Feb 20th, '06, 11:52

babygiirl wrote:
mentlkase wrote:seems easier to just upload to clubbox than seeding the torrent so... ill prolly up to here

TY so much for upload epi 3-4 on your clubbox ... bittorrents is such a painnnnnnn :cry: takes forever to dl ... you're saving me hours and hours if not days :cheers: ty ty ty

-bbgirl
perhaps it's different for connections.. clubbox d/ls soo slow for me.. the speed is ok sometimes but it gets stuck and no matter how i try to reset the downloading.. it just won't work :scratch:

flcia

Post by flcia » Feb 20th, '06, 13:44

i'm SO excited bout this drama...
and what makes me even happier is the fact that the subs comes out quite fast (thank u subbers!!)
i havent watched emotional/sad drama in quite a while so this will b a good change i thnk...
all in all...lookin forward to this!

dan12

Post by dan12 » Feb 20th, '06, 16:15

i cant believe he cuts his hair on the next episode

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Feb 20th, '06, 17:30

I kinda like the haircut >.>

The "Huaze Lei" haircut wasn't working for me on him.