12%
STAY AWAY (1)
2%

Total votes: 60

TG3

[Discussion] Rondo

Post by TG3 » Jan 16th, '06, 09:56

:lol

Man, was that a good episode, or what?! The production values and SFX are top notch, as good as or better than some feature films! Yutaka Takenouchi delivers the goods once again. He doesn't even have to say anything and he's still cool! Choi Ji woo's character is innocent and funny, yet strong-willed. I like how she stood up to that Korean mafia guy. In terms of "lots of stuff happening in a first episode," this one takes the cake. I'm still trying to put it all together.

kucing85

Post by kucing85 » Jan 17th, '06, 16:58

It looked like a good episode, but I can't really tell because I don't know what was exactly going on! :lol It looks very interesting, I'm looking forward to more episodes. Is anyone or any group going to sub this series?

tianj

Post by tianj » Jan 17th, '06, 17:16

EZKiel and bran are subbing this as a team. :-)

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Jan 18th, '06, 00:21

It looks good, except that I was really surprised when she asked to take care of Justice (the dog) on a rotation basis. That just seemed bizarre.

So far I like this international cast, it seems there's a truly international criminal network going on involving the Japanese, Korean, and even some Chinese gangs (at least I thought I heard Chinese being spoken in the opening scene).

It reminds me of the globalizing aspect of the mob scene in New York City, although we're probably peculiar in having so many nationalities... (The latest new comers are Albanians according to the NY Times.)

shichif

Post by shichif » Jan 18th, '06, 08:00

The jdorama page for this series does not have a synopsis for this, so could someone help summarize what the story is about?

It looks like a promising series! Looking forward to the subs. :)

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Jan 18th, '06, 14:25

Takenouchi Yutaka's father was killed by organized crime (called 神狗 Shinku or Divine Dog, sounded like Shake in English to me). After he grows up he beceomes an undercover police officer to bring justice to those who killed his father. Working first as the driver to the daughter of the crime boss, he gets transferred as an aide to the son of the crime boss.

Choi Ji Woo is the heroine whose father left for Japan and mysteriously disappeared. She now arrives in Japan with her sickly sister to look for their father. They decide to open a restaurant and hopes that it becomes famous so that their father hears about them. Unfortunately their shop is in a territory controlled by Shin Hyun Joon one of 神狗 (I'm going with Shake for now)'s top bosses.

Finally 神狗 or Shake is an international criminal organization in Asia headed by the Kazama family. They have a front company called Kazama Holdings, but they are suspected of racketeering, gambling, drugs, murder and apparently the worst crime of all, counterfeiting. The boss is hoping that his son Hayami Mokomichi will enter politics.

bluabc
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bluabc » Jan 19th, '06, 10:24

An excellent first episode. Characters were pretty well shelved out, pace and cinematography of the episode was excellent. Was really amused by the subtle Infernal Affairs influences with the checking of all the keitais and the comment that Shinku might have an undercover agent in the police force too at the police meeting.

Only small worry is that this drama might suffer from the same problem that plagues a lot of similar big scale/ big name actos productions... storyline got too wayward that the audience lost any empathy for the characters.

tenshi62

Post by tenshi62 » Jan 20th, '06, 02:00

do anyone have the lyrics to the theme song in romaji?

ryan123

Post by ryan123 » Jan 20th, '06, 03:56

japanese infernal affiars? lol seems to be pretty good

skrhgh3b

Post by skrhgh3b » Jan 20th, '06, 06:30

wow! i loved this episode! at first i wasn't too excited about all of the explosions, gun fights, and chases, but not too far into the episode it really began to develop an interesting human story... at the expense of losing yet another original idea for a novel, but i'm still interested in a love story between two people who don't understand each other's words. at any rate, having seen the opening episodes of this season's dramas, this and byakuyakou look the most promising.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jan 21st, '06, 09:29

Just saw the 1st episode(courtesy of Aoi Fansubs, thanks guys!). Is that really 1hr30min, it didn't feel like it coz it was a very well-done episode. Although the effects are a bit confusing sometimes, but wow, a lot of editing must have been put into this episode. I was just amazed. The action, drama, romance and comedy are blended in well together. And the language barrier was carried out effectively...it's obvious that they can't understand each other, but their chemistry speaks a thousand words like there's no barrier at all. CJW looks really good in this drama, I would take it even farther and say she looks her best in this one compared to all her other dramas that Ive seen her in--physically. What can I say about Yutaka-san when he's the kind of actor who steals the spotlight even when his role is just the supporting one. And to quote the topic starter:
TG3 wrote:Yutaka Takenouchi delivers the goods once again
I didnt know Hayami Mokomichi and that girl from H2 were in it. So many familiar faces ...plus the Korean actors too...It's funny that they casted Shin Hyun Joon(the korean yakuza who also acted with Choi JI woo from STH as the supporting actor). If you havent watched it, u can look at the banner of STH posted at the top from yesasia, and he's the guy at the right picture(unless the Kim sam soon one is there). And CJW's "sister" in Beautiful days(kdrama) also acts as her sis in this drama.
It's nice to see that CJW isn't being fought over by two men...(well, let's hope it doesn't go the Korean way--no melodramatic crying and the game of tug-of-war--that'll be ridiculous. But it would make sense, that is, if the yakuza guy takes an inkling interest on her, it is because of a probable connection between her father's disappearance and the yakuza's organization.

kiwigloomy

Post by kiwigloomy » Jan 21st, '06, 10:47

funny how much it looks like Infernal Affairs =)

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jan 21st, '06, 18:27

Yeah, there is a lot of Infernal Affairs influences here. Like Infernal Affairs, I think there will be a big surprise at the end.

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Jan 22nd, '06, 06:50

Just finished watching courtesy of the Aoi fansubs that was posted here in DA...what an awesome first episode! The production quality is so top-notch... Like nothing I've seen before from any other japanese tv dramas. It has a very theatrical presentation-feel to it, yet paced slow enough for a series drama. I've heard a lot about Choi Ji-woo but this is the first time I've actually ever seen her act in any drama (korean or japanese) and wow, she's great! Kimura Yoshino is in it too. I think this will be my drama to watch for the start of 2k6. Anyone know how many episodes this series is planned to be?

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jan 23rd, '06, 05:16

Wow,

That was good. I could kind of follow the story without the sub. It does have Internal Affairs kind of influence, but funny enough, I think it's better than Internal Affairs. Frankly, this show is creating the type of dramatic tenstion that Internal Affairs should have had. :lol

I could really feel a sense of danger when the lead character is working under cover.

Love the all star cast.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 25th, '06, 05:24

Like everyone, I think it definitely has a strong Infernal Affairs influence.

Who do you guys think is the mob mole in the police dept?

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jan 31st, '06, 05:51

Wow, the series just gets deeper and better. Every episode is like watching a movie. I hope they keep up the suspense! I like the mix of action/romance in this series so far. The romance part isn't overtaking the drama/action plot just yet. It's also gradual and doesn't seem ridiculously forced.

euphoria

Post by euphoria » Feb 2nd, '06, 22:20

I love this dorama! Yutaka Takenouchi is awesome. He doesn't even need to do anything and he looks great. lol xD

Nanashi No Gonbey

Post by Nanashi No Gonbey » Feb 2nd, '06, 22:27

This is one of the best drama's that has come along in awhile thats for sure. Like others have already said I too hope that they can keep up the suspense throughout the series. Cute dog too :roll

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Feb 2nd, '06, 23:11

I don't really like the mafia drama that much, but I love the love drama and I guess ya need the mafia drama in order to make the love drama good. I really like this drama...I've been waiting for a love story between two ppl who can't speak the same langauge.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Feb 2nd, '06, 23:19

Yeah, I was thinking of Infernal Affairs also. It's kinda hard to know cuz they haven't really shown that much on the police side yet. Only the lead star and the main cop...be funny if it was the cop..haha..but that defeats the whole storyline.
auroragb wrote:Like everyone, I think it definitely has a strong Infernal Affairs influence.

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Feb 3rd, '06, 08:30

goygakgoy wrote:I don't really like the mafia drama that much, but I love the love drama and I guess ya need the mafia drama in order to make the love drama good. I really like this drama...I've been waiting for a love story between two ppl who can't speak the same langauge.
There was a pretty good Russian movie about *three* people who don't understand each other's language. 'course, one needs to speak either Finnish, Russian, or Saami to get the jokes :|

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Feb 6th, '06, 03:30

I like the banghra music in the suspense scenes.

reiayanami451

Post by reiayanami451 » Feb 6th, '06, 21:23

I saw the first 2 two episodes: It is really awsome!! It reminds me movie Infenal Affairs, Each episode is really like a movie!! :w00t: I love this show!

And:
Wolfsbane68 wrote: There was a pretty good Russian movie about *three* people who don't understand each other's language. 'course, one needs to speak either Finnish, Russian, or Saami to get the jokes :|

what is this russian movie?

TG3

Post by TG3 » Feb 7th, '06, 05:29

Ohhh... Ep4 finally reveals a link between Yuna and the story at-large. I kind of knew she was tied to all these crazy guys (Sho and the Shin-ku) in some way. I hope it isn't as clear cut as it is on the surface. That would be "too easy." There needs to be at least a few twists and turns.

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Feb 7th, '06, 07:59

reiayanami451 wrote:I saw the first 2 two episodes: It is really awsome!! It reminds me movie Infenal Affairs, Each episode is really like a movie!! :w00t: I love this show!

And:
Wolfsbane68 wrote: There was a pretty good Russian movie about *three* people who don't understand each other's language. 'course, one needs to speak either Finnish, Russian, or Saami to get the jokes :|

what is this russian movie?
"Kukushka". Pretty high user ratings at imdb too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308476/

reiayanami451, with 6 episodes to go, there should be plenty of twists left. Unless the script writers drop the ball. Would be real shame, the first 4 were really outstanding.

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 12th, '06, 10:40

The love story between them comes pretty fast... More like a rush job if u ask me. All of a sudden u have yunna seems to speak fluent japanese in a short period of time. Really gives me the impression that wants Sho so badly :P
sorry just my rant.

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Feb 13th, '06, 04:33

Prince of Moles wrote:Takenouchi Yutaka's father was killed by organized crime (called ?? Shinku or Divine Dog, sounded like Shake in English to me). After he grows up he beceomes an undercover police officer to bring justice to those who killed his father. Working first as the driver to the daughter of the crime boss, he gets transferred as an aide to the son of the crime boss.

Choi Ji Woo is the heroine whose father left for Japan and mysteriously disappeared. She now arrives in Japan with her sickly sister to look for their father. They decide to open a restaurant and hopes that it becomes famous so that their father hears about them. Unfortunately their shop is in a territory controlled by Shin Hyun Joon one of ?? (I'm going with Shake for now)'s top bosses.

Finally ?? or Shake is an international criminal organization in Asia headed by the Kazama family. They have a front company called Kazama Holdings, but they are suspected of racketeering, gambling, drugs, murder and apparently the worst crime of all, counterfeiting. The boss is hoping that his son Hayami Mokomichi will enter politics.
It's pronounced Shenku.

It's such a great drama series. It started off kinda slow, but now I catch myself waiting all week for the newest episodes. Episode 5 does not fail to deliver.

canon05

Post by canon05 » Feb 13th, '06, 05:30

goygakgoy wrote:Yeah, I was thinking of Infernal Affairs also. It's kinda hard to know cuz they haven't really shown that much on the police side yet. Only the lead star and the main cop...be funny if it was the cop..haha..but that defeats the whole storyline.
auroragb wrote:Like everyone, I think it definitely has a strong Infernal Affairs influence.

I thought the same too! The guy who owns a dog (Justice ^_^) reminded me of Tony Leung's character in Infernal Affairs, but with a different story with the Japanese and Korean gangsters I think.

seneschal

It's all right

Post by seneschal » Feb 13th, '06, 06:34

I had high expectations for this dorama, but I'm a little disappointed.
The dialogue sequence reminds me a lot of the previous Friends 2002. I guess they always have that problem when the two lead actors speak different languages. It's a bit preposterous for them to be speaking past each other, supposedly not able to understand each other, then comprehends completely?!?

:crazy:

TG3

Post by TG3 » Feb 13th, '06, 07:16

I noticed something in Ep5.
Is Sho's (Takumi's) mother Korean (at least ethnically)?! Because when she's looking at the pictures, you see her in what looks like a Hanbok (a traditional Korean dress) and when the girl comes in she asks her about a Korean dish.

Anyone else catch this?
Last edited by TG3 on Feb 13th, '06, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Feb 13th, '06, 07:37

Yep. You might want to code it spoiler so people who haven't seen it won't have that ruined.
She's also apparently Catholic, which fits typical Korean stereotypes compared to Japanese.

dee8o8

[Discussions] Rondo

Post by dee8o8 » Feb 18th, '06, 08:45

ok im sorry if someone already has this up.. i searched and didnt find any.. :blink

but anyway this has got to be the #1 drama for this season!!!
Rondo is like a very long but extremely interesting movie!

just got done watching ep3 (asobou)
THANK YOU Asobou for all of your hard work!! Keep it up , your'e doin great!

hey wait im kinda new here so i dont know if i can post spoilers or not.. i dont even know how to.. oops nm i see the tag..
do i have to since this is a discussions.. oh yeah disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: warning may contain spoilers..

ok there

ep3:
i cant believe it.. soo sad that the boys dad got shot first thing too.. damn! soo sad.. is that boy supposed to be mentally challenged? seems so.. so sad though.. i kinda wish she would learn japanese but then it would ruin the story i guess. its just fustrating when your yelling at your screen "dont you understand him.. dammit just tell him you love him!!" fustrating.. wish they could hear me.. but then they wouldnt be able to understand me either. so anyway.. imma watch it again tomorrow after work not too sure if they said that they found counterfeit stuff at his place or not. its getting very interesting though. shin-ku <-- is that right? is getting close to finding the mole.. he better watch his butt! they goin catch him. i wonder how he got to the computer guys office if they were tracking him?ahh the building i gues has many ways to get to one place.. *sigh* i really cant wait for ep 4 from Asobou to come out!!!
Asobou.. bring on ep4!!!! :wub:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 18th, '06, 23:48

Noooo idea where you were searching, but:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27835
:whistling:

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Feb 24th, '06, 03:37

what is this infernal affairs everyone is talking about? Is it an HK drama? sounds familiar but I can't quite place it.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Feb 24th, '06, 03:53

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338564/ is the Hong Kong drama.. Back when Hong Kong movies were actually good..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/ The Departed. Remake of Infernal Affiars starring Leo Dicaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicolson, and Mark Wahlberg.
tikleabubble wrote:what is this infernal affairs everyone is talking about? Is it an HK drama? sounds familiar but I can't quite place it.

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Feb 24th, '06, 07:10

ep5??? damn im only on ep 3.. waiting on the subs.. but hey all in all i love this drama.. its like a movie!!!!

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Feb 25th, '06, 21:16

i watched the first episode and stop. after 2 weeks i started watching again.i stop watching at first because i thought it is similar to infernal affair. i watched it again and find rondo is not bad at all. it's interesting to see after a long drought of detective and darker series finally something like this is appear. heh i guess i'm used to watching a more livelier and happy highschool kids . although there's a few things i don't get it. like the shinku organization,it so blurry and i wish they provide more details like how this shinku guy from korea suddenly got involved with the yakuza. and why the korean guy keep bothering yuna. i really don't see why he should be bother with her. does she have any connection? sorry i watch only until episode 3 so i don't understand a few thing

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Feb 26th, '06, 03:27

milleu87 wrote:i watched the first episode and stop. after 2 weeks i started watching again.i stop watching at first because i thought it is similar to infernal affair. i watched it again and find rondo is not bad at all. it's interesting to see after a long drought of detective and darker series finally something like this is appear. heh i guess i'm used to watching a more livelier and happy highschool kids . although there's a few things i don't get it. like the shinku organization,it so blurry and i wish they provide more details like how this shinku guy from korea suddenly got involved with the yakuza. and why the korean guy keep bothering yuna. i really don't see why he should be bother with her. does she have any connection? sorry i watch only until episode 3 so i don't understand a few thing
- Shinku IS yakuza, as in organized crime, everything from high tech to money launderying to lawyers to corporations down to loan sharks beating the crap out of people

- Kim Young Jae was mentioned near the end of Ep. 1 Ryujiro hired him to handle stuff Japan-side because he wants to:
-> look at the big picture himself
-> keep Ryugo clean

- Kim Young Jae is bothering Yuna because he:
-> obviously hasn't a clue about women
-> he's used to getting obedient women
-> he wants this one too but can't seem to get her

Because:
- The Korean gangster, Kim Young Jae, is attracted to Yuna
- Yuna is attracted to Shou, Shou is attracted to Yuna
- Miss. Kazama is attracted to Shou

Thus:
- Kim Young Jae hates Shou
- Miss Kazama hates Yuna
Just before he was arrested, Ryujiro would speak out himself that he isn't just in for the money. He says he's in because he is tired of this country and the lack of change in his country.
Ryugo on the other hands, just wants to be a badass gangster it seems.

Childhoodless

Post by Childhoodless » Feb 28th, '06, 19:50

Something I noticed in ep 5. It might be a bit spoilerish, so watch out.
When Akira (Takumi's cousin) visits Takumi/Sho's mother near the beginning of the episode, we discover that she's originally Korean. Akira asks for what the subtitles call "pancakes with syrup." Unless what I heard was actually Japanese, what she asked for was Taenjjang chigae. It's a Korean dish, something like a bean curd stew. It doesn't sound very appetizing, but it's actually quite tasty.
And something I noticed in the preview for ep 8 made the entire series more interesting, although there is still the possibility that it'll screw things up. I'd say more, but I don't want to spoil it.

I liked the show before, but now I really like the show.
Last edited by Childhoodless on Mar 1st, '06, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

Eji-kun

Post by Eji-kun » Feb 28th, '06, 21:00

Childhoodless wrote:And something I noticed in the preview for ep 8 made the entire series more interesting, although there is still the possibility that it'll screw things up. I'd say more, but I don't want to spoil it.
I concur. I sincerely hope the series doesn't have a rather lacklustre finale, that's just what we don't need.

Episode 6-7 Spoilers below
I am surprised though, after Kazama Ryuichiro was captured I was expecting the series to dip into a bit of a boring lull, but episode seven certainly proved me wrong. This whole deal with Yuna betraying Takumi looks set to be very interesting indeed. But like Childhoodless mentioned, there were several things in the preview which were worth taking note of. I for one can't wait for the next episode to air. Sunday is too far away, dammit!
Last edited by Eji-kun on Feb 28th, '06, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Feb 28th, '06, 22:12

is this discussion thread moving with RAWs releases or e-subbed asobou! releases? coz I'm not sure if I'm safe when clicking hide button :P (can you add for example spoiler after ep 5 before spoiler tags?)

anyway, just watched ep 5 and I'm really satisfied with the dorama till now. I agree that it's done sooo well like a good movie not a dorama hehe + has the best music ever!! :wub:

after watching ep 5:
about Takumi's mother being Korean...I think you're right coz of the Hanbok. and I may be wrong, but wasn't Takumi and his family living in Korea when he was little? wasn't his father killed in Korea? ok I think I have to rewatch ep 1 :lol

about the mob mole in the police...I don't think it's the main cop. there was this scene in ep 4 when Takumi asked if they could wait 5 more minutes before arresting boy's father. eh how should I explain it..the main cop told the other cop (the one that was standing outside the car ) that they were going to wait. that other cop than went to inform others. when he said they were going to wait the 3rd cop (:P) got outside the car and made a call/sent message (don't remember exactly^^) is it correct? ok I'm not sure if you get what I'm trying to say :roll

the star cast is doing a great job too. I hate CJW but I think she's ok here and I kinda like here speaking japanese :lol btw, she could learn japanese so fast coz those 2 languages are very similar.
Moco playing bad guy is awesome but Shin Hyun Joon as Kim Young Jae is just the best!! OMG that cold look :pale:

the story is getting more and more interesting and now Takumi is just about to tell Yuna the truth OMG and Kim Young Jae knows who's the mole!!!!! :fear:

Eji-kun

Post by Eji-kun » Feb 28th, '06, 22:28

yamatsumi wrote:is this discussion thread moving with RAWs releases or e-subbed asobou! releases? coz I'm not sure if I'm safe when clicking hide button :P (can you add for example spoiler after ep 5 before spoiler tags?)
Apologies, I am indeed watching raw episodes, I'll make sure I mark further spoilers with episode numbers in order to avoid confusion!
yamatsumi wrote:...has the best music ever!!
Agreed, "I believe" by Ayaka has been non-stop listening material for me recently.

I'm definitely going to have to splash out on the DVDs for Rondo.

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 1st, '06, 10:42

On the Korean origin note ep 5
I dont think she's Takumi's cousin. They were just child-hood friends. Akira that is. She might or might not be Korean, likely not. Only Takumi's family was Korean perhaps? She didn't know what the Korean dish was; she asked Takumi's mother.

Who's name I actually don't know. From the writting on Takumi's letters I guessed to be "Yoshiko". Could be other pronounciations
On ep 8 preview:
The brief badge flash Yongji did on Takumi got me all worked up now. I knew that guy wasn't right since the beginning.

This could also be why when Song caught Yonji+Takumi fighting it out, and Takumi accused Yongji being a mole without proof. Yonji must've been like "oh ****, how the hell did he find out..."

I wonder who was that called Isaki on the dead printing factory person (the retarded boy's father)'s cellphone. If that was a setup all along

Last but not the least, go Hide! He showed us he has guts!
The show definitely doesn't seem going haywire though. It is probably well thought out. They probably had to sit down and decided it was either "a bit crazy" plot or "anybody could see it coming" plot

Personal "Wanted dead" list:
- Ryugo
- Isaki's superior (I believe he's evil)
- Song
- Guy that shot Isaki
Definitely wanted alive list:
- Hide
- Kim Young Jae
- Yuni
- Justice
- Akira

mikehs

Post by mikehs » Mar 1st, '06, 11:06

This is my first post. I want to say first of all to the team adding subs. Thank you very much. The story is beautifully complicated, so that to watch without understanding the subtle dialog with the cinematography would not be enough.

Whether it is influenced by Infernal Affairs (yea I think so) but as an American this is a drama that rarely even the TV in the US does as well. I am not sure Japan has ever done a serious drama in this genre with plot and presentation as well. If so please let me know so I can watch.

I look forward everyday to see if a new week sub is up. Thanks to all. Equally to those of you who add comments. They are useful for points I miss as well as different perspective. Regarding a Japanese and a Korean sort of figuring out how to commnunicate by expressing internal thoughts verbally. I think it does work. And as an American living in Taiwan and spending much of my time in Japan sometimes verbalization without understanding gets through. I am talking business not love. But maybe if you think of love compare this drama to Orange Days where non-verbal and verbal are used very well also.

airskape

Post by airskape » Mar 1st, '06, 14:08

after watching ep 5
wow i totally didnt expect takumi's mother to be korean. and now that i think back to older eps, his father was killed in korea! wow..the plot thickens! :lol
love love love this drama

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Mar 2nd, '06, 05:33

airskape wrote:after watching ep 5
wow i totally didnt expect takumi's mother to be korean. and now that i think back to older eps, his father was killed in korea! wow..the plot thickens! :lol
love love love this drama
really? how do you know she is korean? when did they show his dad being killed in korea.. i totally missed it i guess. then how come he doesnt understand korean?

anyway after ep5, man that was a great ep. gets really interesting since the korean dude now knows that he's the mole. and did the korean girl say "oppa" on the phone? so that means he's her boyfriend.. (^__^) finally! but what now since he is supposed to be dead and the korean dude now knows hes the mole. but if he's with her , the korean dude will once again visit her cuz he wants her! so any which way they're in deep doodoo! dang i cant wait til ep6 is subbed!!! :thumright:
btw great jobs on the subbing!! :cheers: :wub:

i wanna say more.. but really dont want to spoil things.. :argue:
but wouldnt it have sucked if it ended right after he and the seargent fought and he said hes goin to get revenge!! only to see the next ep be the latter part of ep5.. lol..
right after he and sarge fought i was like" this f'n thing better not end now!" :cussing:
then it went on so i just watched in an ticipation what went on :crazy: :w00t: :x :glare:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Mar 3rd, '06, 11:20

yamatsumi wrote:
....and I may be wrong, but wasn't Takumi and his family living in Korea when he was little? wasn't his father killed in Korea? ok I think I have to rewatch ep 1 :lol
I rewatched the beginning of ep 1 and now I'm not sure if it was Korea or not :P the 2 things that made me think it was Korea was 1. the signs in korean and 2. when Takumi's mother asked Isaki what Shinku was he said "a Japanese terrorism org." (I wonder why would he add "Japanese" if they were in Japan :scratch: )
but anyway, this is nothing important actually hehe

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 3rd, '06, 21:33

yamatsumi wrote:
yamatsumi wrote:
....and I may be wrong, but wasn't Takumi and his family living in Korea when he was little? wasn't his father killed in Korea? ok I think I have to rewatch ep 1 :lol
I rewatched the beginning of ep 1 and now I'm not sure if it was Korea or not :P the 2 things that made me think it was Korea was 1. the signs in korean and 2. when Takumi's mother asked Isaki what Shinku was he said "a Japanese terrorism org." (I wonder why would he add "Japanese" if they were in Japan :scratch: )
but anyway, this is nothing important actually hehe
At one point in the show, (maybe ep 3 or 4), Isaki looks at some newspaper clippings he has up in his office. It said "2 officers killed in Korea", so ya, there. Their family is originally Korean but long moved to Japan. (it's probably just a minor thing)

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Mar 3rd, '06, 22:12

^ thanks bran, I didn't catch this one :lol but now I'm happy that my thought was correct :P

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Mar 4th, '06, 04:30

hmm.. ok.. but he only speaks japanese?? idk... maybe im being just a little toooooooo analytical... its a drama anyway so i guess i can just go along with whatever happens.. kinda makes you want to know more about his past ,huh?

Nujabes

Post by Nujabes » Mar 4th, '06, 04:34

there are alot of koreans that live in japan that no longer speak korean. just like most japanese americans cant speak japanese.

Childhoodless

Post by Childhoodless » Mar 4th, '06, 06:46

I think Takumi's father is originally Japanese, and his mother Korean. It stands to reason they met and married in Japan, and for whatever reason, moved to Korea.

I have reservations believing both parents are full blooded Korean, or else both parents would've been wearing hanbok in that wedding picture in ep 5.

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Mar 5th, '06, 10:07

Nujabes wrote:there are alot of koreans that live in japan that no longer speak korean. just like most japanese americans cant speak japanese.
just like me :unsure: but im working on it! :salut:

Nujabes

Post by Nujabes » Mar 5th, '06, 16:59

dee8o8 wrote:
Nujabes wrote:there are alot of koreans that live in japan that no longer speak korean. just like most japanese americans cant speak japanese.
just like me :unsure: but im working on it! :salut:
learning a language can be difficult, but at least you have a good drama like this to learn from :) good luck in your studies.

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Mar 5th, '06, 22:23

takumi admits that he is ethnically Korean in a later episode. His family is zainichi kankokujin.
Big spoiler in later episodes.
OMG Shenku's #2 is HER father?

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 6th, '06, 01:57

drewnamis wrote:
takumi admits that he is ethnically Korean in a later episode. His family is zainichi kankokujin.
Big spoiler in later episodes.
OMG Shenku's #2 is HER father?
I'm confused about it still.
Is Song really her father? We saw the supposed "Sai" person phone Isaki in earlier episodes, but I guess that one was fake? Another point unclear to me was the necklace Kanayama finds aboard the ship. Whose is that? Why did the shooter shoot only Isaki? Why did the shooter leave behind the necklace? Why did Song take the shot himself? Can't he ask any of his 5000 men to do it? If Song was in FACT Chie, why did Shinku trash the Korean girls' family home?
The way Yuna told Takumi off at the end of episode 7, that was just COLD. Korean sounds so nasty and appropriate for telling people to f*** off

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Mar 6th, '06, 02:22

Is Song really her father? We saw the supposed "Sai" person phone Isaki in earlier episodes, but I guess that one was fake? Another point unclear to me was the necklace Kanayama finds aboard the ship. Whose is that? Why did the shooter shoot only Isaki? Why did the shooter leave behind the necklace? Why did Song take the shot himself? Can't he ask any of his 5000 men to do it? If Song was in FACT Chie, why did Shinku trash the Korean girls' family home?
The way Yuna told Takumi off at the end of episode 7, that was just COLD. Korean sounds so nasty and appropriate for telling people to f*** off
[/quote]
Yep. Song is really her father. The necklace that they found is actually Song's. I don't know why the shooter only thought Isaki. Maybe he didn't have time to shoot Takumi. Maybe he knew Yuna was in love with Takumi. Song wasn't the shooter; he was there at that location, that's all. The shooter was some young buck soldier. Shenku trashed Chame to make the connection between Yuna and her father more distant
HAHA, yes indeed that was cold. Best quote evar.

[/spoiler]

airskape

Post by airskape » Mar 6th, '06, 05:22

nooo i acidentally read a spoiler! luckily it wasnt a major spoiler though :(
no more clicking spoiler tags from now!

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Mar 7th, '06, 03:19

yeah please note the ep from which the spoiler is from please!!
right now i just dont click on it at all!!!

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 8th, '06, 02:53

**** MAJOR SPOILER ****

Due to some circumstances, 6 and 7 are coming TOGETHER on or before Thursday.

がんばろ

A sneak peak at the insert song:
[img]http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8742 ... ara8wq.jpg[/img]

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Mar 8th, '06, 06:19

No way! You guys are freakin' awesome!

YESSSSSSS!

Crap, I'm busy this week... this is gonna cut into my sleep time, I guess. But then, who needs sleep when you have Takenouchi Yutaka to sustain you? :D

arcticbleue

Post by arcticbleue » Mar 8th, '06, 10:42

OMG~!!! you guys rocKK!! That's amazing and you guys work super fast!! Thank you soOo much!! but this thread is so secretive. ... it has so many spoiler tags ... :blink

So far (i've just finished episode4) i still think Rondo's kinda like Infernal affairs ... both Yutaka and Tony's character are similar ... they're both kinda shabby looking with their greasy hair and always in the same outfit, that black leather jacket look. But i must say it's definately one of my favorite dramas!!! (My favorite for this season!) thank you!!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Mar 8th, '06, 21:44

omg I've just read that major spoiler XD but not complaining this time :lol 2 eps at a time?! wow you really work hard, guys :salut:
gosh I'm so addicted XD it's still not Thursday and I already keep refreshing the site to check if it's out :sweat:

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 8th, '06, 23:00

I'm uploading a segment (melodramatic scene, it doesn't reveal any plot) with the RUI Sayonara song. I hope to get some critic on the translation before I hard encode them. I'll put the Google video link in a bit. The credits for the source of the lyrics go to YOU, lol :)

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 8th, '06, 23:31

There. Please give input.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Mar 9th, '06, 02:01

It doesn't reveal any plot?
I heard him tell her he's a policeman, though I don't actually know Japanese, I'm pretty sure that's what I heard. Anyway, I guess we knew it was coming out sometime, so it doesn't actually matter.
Anyway, I guess you wanted critiquing on the translation, but I can't really help with that. :D The only thing I can think of is that the karaoke was right on her eye for a while, and that kind of distracted me, but it has to go somewhere, right? So, I hope someone confirms your work for you soon so you feel you can encode it. Thanks again for the great work!

Nanashi No Gonbey

Post by Nanashi No Gonbey » Mar 9th, '06, 02:38

bran,

saw the karaoke and I thought that was really good, and I am looking forward to it
be posted.

thanks

nng

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 9th, '06, 02:40

I would actually prefer somebody turn my English lyrics into something that would make more sense. Because the song didn't make much sense to me.

Actual karaoke looks different, smaller text in comparison to actual video, higher video resolution overall. Placement is nothing to worry. It's mainly the translation.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Mar 9th, '06, 02:53

Ah, I see. That's good to know... I though the kanji looked rather gigantic. :D

As for lyrics making sense, exactly how many English songs do you know, good or otherwise, whose lyrics make sense? :)

"I am the walrus, coo coo cachoo."
"She's a killer queen/ gunpowder gelatine/ dynamite with a laserbeam"

:D

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Mar 9th, '06, 05:03

hey bran, just finished watching it.
i liked it i can kinda tell what hes trying to say. so its ok.
translation= ok.

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Mar 10th, '06, 19:42

Just saw episode 6,
It just doesnt make sense that Takumi blows his cover when there are still a lot of Shin-ku guys running around. Whats the point of that? To get Takumi killed?

Edge of Life

Post by Edge of Life » Mar 10th, '06, 23:37

Hi all, I finally decided to register here so I could lend some praise to Rondo. What a great show this turned out to be! I was wavering a bit after the first few eps, but after watching part seven, I am agog. Talk about some unexpected plot twists...Everytime I catch my breath, there's something new happening, and the part eight teaser looks like it's set to drop yet another bomb! I love this stuff...

airskape

Post by airskape » Mar 11th, '06, 04:43

just watched ep 6 and 7
man..can anyone handle so many plot twists in just two episodes? lol :lol

but one thing that REALLY bothers me is:
the scar on ryujiro's arm
when you see him killing takumi's father, they show his RIGHT arm with the scar. however, when takumi lifted up ryujiro's sleeve in the hotel, it was his LEFT ARM!! :glare: and and when takumi was looking at the daughters photo album (forgot her name), yet again they showed his LEFT ARM!!
omg this annoys me sooo much

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 11th, '06, 07:34

After ep. 7
Takumi doesn't care about Ryugo nor Song. He's happy Ryujiro is caught. He says in ep 7 he is ONLY going back to Shin-ku to find Yuna's father.

Yuna is such a sellout.
Some really bad translations between English on screen and Japanese subtitles in this series BUT when it showed the computer hacking footages, they seemed to be writing some kind of shell script at one point and C-style language in another place. Which I think is pretty cool. Most "fancy" hacking scenes from movies don't show the string manipulation functions people write, lol!

Akira-chan is one of my favourite characters, you guys will get to see more of her in Episode 8. Haw haw haw.