Korean cell phones

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Roudy

Korean cell phones

Post by Roudy » Jan 13th, '06, 06:01

hey guys I have been watching lotsof Korean dramas lately and I was wondering where do they buy such cell phones especially the one that Rain used in A love To Kill.
I really wanna know.
If any1 can give the brand name of that cell phone.
oh one more thing my sis was wondering about that golden cell phone that Mastoh Jun gave it to Makino in HYD.

vofzxy

Post by vofzxy » Jan 13th, '06, 13:36

i believe most cell phones in Korean Dramas are AnyCall phones
I also liked the phone used by HYUN BIN in My Name Is Kim Sam Soon

wk1168

Post by wk1168 » Jan 13th, '06, 13:47

unfortunately korean use cdma which is not very popular in the world... so.. even if u got also cannot use in ur network..

vofzxy

Post by vofzxy » Jan 13th, '06, 14:11

hmm
it does not matter
i just want to know for the specs and stuff
just 2 like "see see"

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Jan 13th, '06, 17:28

I've noticed that all the cell phones used in K-dramas so far were SAMSUNG phones..
so I guess if you liked any of'em,try to look through samsung phone models,u should find the one u liked :-)

kinki

Post by kinki » Jan 14th, '06, 01:26

Korea have very advanced mobile phones companies...
i've seem many CM about mobiles under the name of CYON and i did a little search (the sites were in korean so i couldnt read) but i think CYON comes under LG?! http://www.cyon.co.kr/
im in love with camera mobile phone from CYON that looks like a digital camera. and its a 5megapixel camera!! check what im talking about http://www.cyon.co.kr/good/product/prod ... _curpage=2

Hest foder

Post by Hest foder » Jan 14th, '06, 01:34

Ive seen lots of Anycall phones and some Samsung i guess, most often i cant even see what
trademark it is ;p

JoSungMo

Post by JoSungMo » Jan 14th, '06, 10:26

anycall, LG cyon and SK(telecom) <-- only seen those of brands when I was in Korea.

Oh and I had cyon one ... love it, Miss it! :cry:

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jan 14th, '06, 11:46

thanx alot guys for ur help

jinkama-san

Post by jinkama-san » Jan 14th, '06, 12:15

The Samsung phone in A Love To Kill and also MyGirl looks like it is the not yet released (at least outside of Korea) SGH-Z540.
I like it too so I'm looking forward to its availability in Germany, which should be in Q1/2006.

dan12

Post by dan12 » Jan 14th, '06, 22:21

kinki ur phone is hott

landolakes

Re: Korean cell phones

Post by landolakes » Jan 14th, '06, 22:40

Roudy wrote:oh one more thing my sis was wondering about that golden cell phone that Mastoh Jun gave it to Makino in HYD.
http://www.vodafone.jp/japanese/product ... index.html

That phone is a Toshiba 903T from Vodafone Japan. It's part of their 3G lineup of phones, and it has dualmode W-CDMA and GSM. Therefore, it technically is able to work on North American/Eurpean networks also, but the Toshiba models are locked to Voadone Japan. The gold version doesn't really exist though, that was only in Hana Yori Dango.

The Sharp models in the Vodafone Japan 3G lineup ARE unlockable, however. Phone "unlockers" or "hackers" have discovered a way to fool around with the phone's firmware to allow it to work elsewhere.

I myself am using the black version of this phone here in Canada:

http://www.vodafone.jp/japanese/product ... index.html

Korean phones are CDMA, and most of them are locked, and since most of the world seems to concentrate on unlocking GSM phones rather than CDMA, I doubt we'll be able to use them anywhere else, unless you have a lot of "inside" connections. :)

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jan 15th, '06, 07:46

I fall in love with ur cell from where u bought it and how much did u pay for it.
one more Q: dose it work with any network?

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jan 15th, '06, 07:48

landolakes I am asking u so plz reply this.

KaorutheGhweMuul

Post by KaorutheGhweMuul » Jan 15th, '06, 07:50

Anyone know where I can get those cool chains attached to the cellphones? Like in The Prince's First Love?

jjoji86k

Post by jjoji86k » Jan 15th, '06, 08:10

you can try http://www.gsmarena.com they have info on alot of phones and links to where u can purchase them!!!

para~white

Post by para~white » Jan 15th, '06, 08:26

Even though this topic is about Korean Cell Phones – I think the person just wanted to know where you can get those Asian phones which seem just so much better then western phones.

Well I can tell you that it is hard work to get your hands on one.. the only place you are even going to be able to try is Japan, I have purchased 2 phones from Korea and 1 from China. And they both have troubles.. really big troubles (+ China pretty much has the same phones as we do)

The way to do it is Japan – Vodafone is the company that you really want to stay with (in my opinon) I have had 2 Japanese Vodafone Flip phones from Japan. To be honest they are really great to go out and show your friends this awesome new phone you have- but in Japan I am sure you know that Prepaid is close to non – existent. Eveyone is on a plan.. and that means that you really have troubles in getting one.

3 solutions for you that I can come up with:

A- Go to a lot of troubles to get phones that are really cool, but have troubles here and are pretty expensive
B- Go to Japan/Korea to live and say “At least now I have a phone I like”
C- Say to yourself “You know what, im in America/Australia so ill stick with a phone from America/Australia”

But hey I didn’t :P.. ><

My Phone - http://www.vodafone.jp/english/products ... index.html

Good Luck with finding a phone!

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 15th, '06, 08:41

para~white wrote:Even though this topic is about Korean Cell Phones – I think the person just wanted to know where you can get those Asian phones which seem just so much better then western phones.

Well I can tell you that it is hard work to get your hands on one.. the only place you are even going to be able to try is Japan, I have purchased 2 phones from Korea and 1 from China. And they both have troubles.. really big troubles (+ China pretty much has the same phones as we do)

The way to do it is Japan – Vodafone is the company that you really want to stay with (in my opinon) I have had 2 Japanese Vodafone Flip phones from Japan. To be honest they are really great to go out and show your friends this awesome new phone you have- but in Japan I am sure you know that Prepaid is close to non – existent. Eveyone is on a plan.. and that means that you really have troubles in getting one.

3 solutions for you that I can come up with:

A- Go to a lot of troubles to get phones that are really cool, but have troubles here and are pretty expensive
B- Go to Japan/Korea to live and say “At least now I have a phone I like”
C- Say to yourself “You know what, im in America/Australia so ill stick with a phone from America/Australia”

But hey I didn’t :P.. ><

My Phone - http://www.vodafone.jp/english/products ... index.html

Good Luck with finding a phone!
I agree 110% their models here are so plain and ordinary, and if you want to get something much better you should be willing to spend a couple of hundreds. Strange though, some companies offer better models in asian countries, such as Nokia. in my opinion the style and function is more sophisticated. But if you were to buy models outside your the US, and your service handles with GSM then i'm pretty sure it wouldn't cause that bing of a trouble.

para~white I love that phone, i want one too especially with all its features!

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jan 15th, '06, 12:18

that is so depressing. I heat the fact that I can\t move to korea cause the cell phones are just so great the looks and the features I am so enviuos plz tell me if I get one from korea what the proplems that might face me.

landolakes

Post by landolakes » Jan 16th, '06, 00:27

Roudy, in response to your question, yes, the phone will work on any network (since it's unlocked) as long as your network supports any of GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900.

What para-white may be a little confusing if you're wanting a Japanese phone. Yes, it's hard for foreigners to get a plan, but it's VERY easy to purchase unlocked Vodafone Japan phones on the internet. Many online cellphone stores have them, and just go to Ebay and type in "Sharp 903". That's where I got mine from.. a very good seller named Atsushi, who goes by the alias cellshop_jp on Ebay.

Here is a link to an online store that sells mine:

http://plemix.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv ... y_Code=SHA

And a link for para-white's:

http://plemix.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv ... y_Code=SON

EITHER of these ones work on a GSM network with 900/1800/1900. They can also be used on high speed 3G networks (W-CDMA/UMTS), but these are much less common.

edit: Not to show off, but for those who are curious about the camera quality on mine, here are some sample photos.. taken at full 3.2MP resolution but resized down to 1024x768 for easier viewing ;)

A nice BMW Z4 Roadster:

My friend Calvin with lots of bread stuffed into a peanut butter jar:

The crappy weather here right now:

And a close-up sample of some delicious McCain chocolate cream pie:

Last edited by landolakes on Jan 16th, '06, 00:40, edited 2 times in total.

kwon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kwon » Jan 16th, '06, 00:30

KaorutheGhweMuul wrote:Anyone know where I can get those cool chains attached to the cellphones? Like in The Prince's First Love?
Maybe at Yesasia?

localsly

Post by localsly » Jan 16th, '06, 03:49

I have been wanting to get a Anycall Cellphone, but its aperently not that easy to find one that can work over here, i found one that said something about 1900 mhz, but i wasnt sure if that was compatible with cinular, i think it is, but i was hoping it would be a tri or quad..

seems that all anycalls are cdma, and like maybe triband, but correct me if i am wrong. and if anyone knows where i could get one but not on ebay. unless thats the only place.

someone the the facts on how to obtain let me know, and if i could get that dope handy to work in the states.

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jan 16th, '06, 06:03

landolakes is it the same cell phone used by the lead actor in My girl drama?
plz say it is cause I already placed a bid in Ebay to buy.

thanx alot

alexwinter

Post by alexwinter » Jan 16th, '06, 06:10

localsly wrote:I have been wanting to get a Anycall Cellphone, but its aperently not that easy to find one that can work over here, i found one that said something about 1900 mhz, but i wasnt sure if that was compatible with cinular, i think it is, but i was hoping it would be a tri or quad..

seems that all anycalls are cdma, and like maybe triband, but correct me if i am wrong. and if anyone knows where i could get one but not on ebay. unless thats the only place.

someone the the facts on how to obtain let me know, and if i could get that dope handy to work in the states.
Well, here's samsung electronics Canada homepage

http://www.samsung.com/CA/Products/View ... /index.asp

as a person not living in North America I don't understand why people living there can't

use a cell phone in US when samsung is operating in Canada. :scratch:

localsly

Post by localsly » Jan 16th, '06, 11:33

alexwinter wrote:
localsly wrote:I have been wanting to get a Anycall Cellphone, but its aperently not that easy to find one that can work over here, i found one that said something about 1900 mhz, but i wasnt sure if that was compatible with cinular, i think it is, but i was hoping it would be a tri or quad..

Well, here's samsung electronics Canada homepage

http://www.samsung.com/CA/Products/View ... /index.asp

as a person not living in North America I don't understand why people living there can't

use a cell phone in US when samsung is operating in Canada. :scratch:
I am not sure if you know what i am talking about.. the phones i am looking at are on this site.. http://land.anycall.com/index.jsp Check that out and then you will understand what i am talking about. but thanks anyways.

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jan 17th, '06, 06:44

the shippment was only for US or Canada and I live in the middle east near Dubai, so I feel very sad that I can\t obtain such a cell phone espicallu after seeing the photo quality.

Roudy

mena look

Post by Roudy » Jan 17th, '06, 07:51

check this ou. if you don\t cry for one u r not human
Attachments
703sh_main.jpg
703sh_main.jpg (161.79 KiB) Viewed 13943 times
802N_main.jpg
802N_main.jpg (102.37 KiB) Viewed 13943 times
802SE_main.jpg
802SE_main.jpg (166.03 KiB) Viewed 13943 times
802SH_main.jpg
802SH_main.jpg (164.67 KiB) Viewed 13943 times
803t_main.jpg
803t_main.jpg (73.46 KiB) Viewed 13943 times
902SH_main.jpg
902SH_main.jpg (111.05 KiB) Viewed 13943 times
902t_main2.jpg
902t_main2.jpg (172.66 KiB) Viewed 13943 times
903sh_main.jpg
903sh_main.jpg (150.42 KiB) Viewed 13943 times
903t_main.jpg
903t_main.jpg (162.45 KiB) Viewed 13943 times
innostream-a20_00.jpg
innostream-a20_00.jpg (48.69 KiB) Viewed 13944 times
main.jpg
main.jpg (139.07 KiB) Viewed 13944 times
motorola_v1150_00.jpg
motorola_v1150_00.jpg (34.14 KiB) Viewed 13944 times
nec-e949-L1-00.jpg
nec-e949-L1-00.jpg (30.97 KiB) Viewed 13944 times
o2-xda-exec_00.jpg
o2-xda-exec_00.jpg (29.44 KiB) Viewed 13944 times
sad720_01.jpg
sad720_01.jpg (23.56 KiB) Viewed 13944 times
samsung-d720.gif
samsung-d720.gif (7.42 KiB) Viewed 13944 times
samsung-e910-03.jpg
samsung-e910-03.jpg (9.49 KiB) Viewed 13944 times
samsung-e910-04.jpg
samsung-e910-04.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 13944 times
sharp-903_00.jpg
sharp-903_00.jpg (39.71 KiB) Viewed 13944 times

vofzxy

Post by vofzxy » Jan 17th, '06, 08:33

wow
thats quite a lot ot upload

sexeebaboon

Post by sexeebaboon » Jan 17th, '06, 17:10

hey...what about the phone that the girl from loveholic used? is that the same one as the sharp 902sh? no...right? and isnt that phone the same one used by hyun bin?

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Jan 17th, '06, 20:20

I love the phone that the main girl (Eun chae) used in Misa, I think Bi uses it too in IJUKSA, the samsung flip phone where you can flip the screen sideways.

Those phones posted above are amazing O_O!!! Wowww I love the different colours you can get them in too. Btw I'm from UK and my bro has that O2 phone - the one that looks like a mini pc.^^

With reference to using phones from Korea/Japan, I read that it was virtually impossible somewhere on a website >_<? Because the gsm thingy in Korea is different and in ref to Japan in particular - their government wants to keep a tight lid on their phone market or something like that hence why their phones would not work in anywhere outside of Japan.

Ack, still can't get over how cool those phones look!! My crappy nokia peh heh.

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jan 18th, '06, 05:17

yeah I hate nokia the most cause of the ugly shape and features.
but I heard if the cell phone is unloucked you can use it anywhere unless your network doesn't support GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900.

RudeDoggy

Post by RudeDoggy » Jan 18th, '06, 06:19

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about cell phones in Korea so I will help dispell some mistruths.

Yes, Korea uses CDMA exclusively. I believe they are in the process of setting up W-CDMA but I'm not sure if it's live yet.

What this means: If you buy a CDMA handset (e.g. Samsung Anycall, LG Cyon, etc), it *may* work in your home country provided that: a) your carrier is CDMA also, b) your carrier uses similar frequencies, and c) your carrier will allow you to register the phone's ESN. The phone also needs to be unlocked (I'm not sure if phones purchased in Korea are locked or not). From what I understand, Verizon in the US is able to use phones purchased in Korea, but do not quote me on this. Technically, the phones would work in Canada as well on Telus/Bell Mobility since they both have the 800 MHz band, but neither will register "foreign ESNs" (i.e. phones that are not purchased from their respective companies).

Usually the GSM version of CDMA phones for the Korean domestic market eventually make it to market a few months to a year later...

bioshiva07

Post by bioshiva07 » Jan 19th, '06, 04:25

i love the ones that where the screen can be adjusted horizantaly--so that it's wider. i saw it in a few dramas. i can only remember it in a love to kill thou.

webbyboy

Post by webbyboy » Jan 19th, '06, 12:49

WCDMA is already live in Korea since Dec 2003. Recently SKT has agreement with either vodafone or NTT for roaming in each country with WCDMA phones. Samsung has already release a WCDMA/CDMA phone a year ago called SCH-W120. The price is really very high when it was launched, about USD700. Slowly, more and more WCDMA/CDMA phones will be available

Samsung is also developing HSDPA and DMB phones. Normally in Korea, Samsung are very expensive. Students prefer using LG CYON, pantel&curitel, motorola, SKY and etc..
RudeDoggy wrote:There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about cell phones in Korea so I will help dispell some mistruths.

Yes, Korea uses CDMA exclusively. I believe they are in the process of setting up W-CDMA but I'm not sure if it's live yet.

What this means: If you buy a CDMA handset (e.g. Samsung Anycall, LG Cyon, etc), it *may* work in your home country provided that: a) your carrier is CDMA also, b) your carrier uses similar frequencies, and c) your carrier will allow you to register the phone's ESN. The phone also needs to be unlocked (I'm not sure if phones purchased in Korea are locked or not). From what I understand, Verizon in the US is able to use phones purchased in Korea, but do not quote me on this. Technically, the phones would work in Canada as well on Telus/Bell Mobility since they both have the 800 MHz band, but neither will register "foreign ESNs" (i.e. phones that are not purchased from their respective companies).

Usually the GSM version of CDMA phones for the Korean domestic market eventually make it to market a few months to a year later...

eileenb

similiar wif..

Post by eileenb » Jan 19th, '06, 17:42

i tink Bi use tat hp in A love To Kill is similiar wif the hp use by the main male character in Saved the Last dance For me.
m i rite?

psycherub

Post by psycherub » Jan 19th, '06, 17:52

kinki wrote:Korea have very advanced mobile phones companies...
i've seem many CM about mobiles under the name of CYON and i did a little search (the sites were in korean so i couldnt read) but i think CYON comes under LG?! http://www.cyon.co.kr/
im in love with camera mobile phone from CYON that looks like a digital camera. and its a 5megapixel camera!! check what im talking about http://www.cyon.co.kr/good/product/prod ... _curpage=2
wow, that phone looks really cool! and the specs are amazing!

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SSJSubgeta » Jan 20th, '06, 23:15

well not all their phones are compatible, but yes you can get them. Keep in mind some DO work, some DONT do your research. heres how i went about mine hope it helps.

If any of you seen the Wedding/Wedding Bliss drama, you see Ms. Sena (Jang Nahra) Use a black sliding phone. i liked that phone alot so i looked on phonescoop.com ***any kind of phone is there (just about i believe.) So I checked to see if it was compatible to any USA network. Most of the phones my friends got are either from Japan/Korea. Well i finnaly found the phone it was a Samsung SGH-D500. So I hear any phone can be "unlocked " kinda like a region DVD player to be used anywhere in the world. Once a phone is unlocked it can be used by a network carrier. So my D500 was unlocked (region free) a slot for either a singular or T sim card, i tested it out with my friends sim and it worked. I can get more detailed but if you have any questions I can help out with PM me.

Before you go out and buy one make sure you find every bit of detail on the phone, some phones have the option to choose a band GSM, CDA Etc. Look really careful since these phones are not cheap and can cost anywhere from $200 to $400.

landolakes

Post by landolakes » Jan 22nd, '06, 01:09

Roudy wrote:landolakes is it the same cell phone used by the lead actor in My girl drama?
plz say it is cause I already placed a bid in Ebay to buy.

thanx alot
Sorry for the late reply. I honestly don't know.. I haven't seen that drama, but I'm assuming it's NOT the same one, since my phone is Japanese and that's a Korean drama.

If you have more questions, you can always add me on MSN with landolakes at hotmail dot com.

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jan 22nd, '06, 08:23

landolakes I've Pm u

ultrasoul

Post by ultrasoul » Feb 5th, '06, 02:00

@ vofzxy:

I think I found Hyun Bin's cell from My Name is Kim Sam Soon.

It's the B100 from Samsung. See here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_b100-1024.php

Apparently it was the first cell for DMB (Digital Multimedia Broadcasting).

I liked that the bigger lcd is hidden behind.

But it is made for CDMA, so probably won't work in europe.

There are so many great cell phones on the asian market it's hard to decide which to really want. And the drama series are great commercials for them. I like to see different and new models there.

jjoji86k

Post by jjoji86k » Feb 5th, '06, 02:22

In america, only Verizon and sprint providers can be used for phones available in korea. So if u purchase one, those are the two companies u would go to to set up that particular phone in america!

mentlkase

Post by mentlkase » Feb 5th, '06, 04:31

well if you live in the los angeles area, u can get pre-unlocked phones from the carriers in koreatown. look in the korean newspaper and you will see what i mean. Most likely you will pay for it, but you'll have it that day. i got a d500 a year ago on t-mobile contract (which is almost up yes!) for about 100, though i had to pull rebate fraud ><, also it helps to know someone that works at those kinds of places. Samsung(anycall), SKY, and LG phones are readily avaible if you look

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Feb 5th, '06, 07:51

I really want to know how to do my research but I don't know any body in Korea and I am living in Dubai, so how to make sure that the phone will work even it was unblocked I can't be sure.

vofzxy

Post by vofzxy » Feb 6th, '06, 14:21

hi just wanna know something..

ALL GSM phones can work on any GSM network in any country
i mean like a GSM phong from country X being used on the GSM network in country Y

this is not true right?

MANY MANY THANKS

christinachan

korean handphones

Post by christinachan » Feb 6th, '06, 14:35

Actually, if u go to Korea, u need to get either a SIM card from the local telephone operator or u get the whole phone....It seems that, the korean operates in a different line....I've just got back fron Seoul recently, that's how i know....Anyway the rental of the phone is actually quite cheap...it;s about 30,000 won (US $3.00/Sin $5.40) per day.Call charges is charge separately,though in coming call is free.

sassy_sweet17

Post by sassy_sweet17 » Feb 7th, '06, 10:14

does anyone know what cellphone was used by jae hee in the series delightful girl chunhyang??

i really like that phone a lot.. so if anyone has an idae what kind was that.. pls let me know!!!!

thanks!!

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Feb 7th, '06, 11:29

Sorry I know this should be a Korean mobile thread but since this thread is talking about cellphones generally. So anybody knows where I can get a Sanyo W31SAII, the GSM Model, not the CDMA Model provided by KDDI.

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Feb 7th, '06, 11:55

sometimes I feel that I dragged this thread too much but yet I see that there are others who are wondering about phones.
glad that I posted it.

melodramatic

Post by melodramatic » Feb 7th, '06, 12:03

I just moved to Korea 4 weeks ago and they told the second day that foreigners can't get plans. I don't understand this. As a busniess major I know they can make it happen. Are the phone companies just too lazy to make special plans for foreigners with options in english? they're losing so much money because they can't get off their ass and create things like one year plans and the such. I know there's a risk of the people on the plan leaving before the end of the term but at the same time there's the same risl with national switching to another plan.
I only way this because I think foreigners in the US can get plans. I dont know for sure because i'm a national and never had to think about that sort of thing.
Anyways if you live in Korea what you need to do to get a cell phone is find a national that is willing to sponsor you. I know other ESL teachers that have new cell phone. they've been in Korea for 6 months (well 7 now) and we hung out with them for a little while. Right now being in Korea for only 4 weeks i have no one to call me so no use for a cell phone but maybe in 4, 5 months I can ask someone to sponsor me.

alexwinter

Post by alexwinter » Feb 8th, '06, 00:59

melodramatic wrote:I just moved to Korea 4 weeks ago and they told the second day that foreigners can't get plans. I don't understand this. As a busniess major I know they can make it happen. Are the phone companies just too lazy to make special plans for foreigners with options in english? they're losing so much money because they can't get off their ass and create things like one year plans and the such. I know there's a risk of the people on the plan leaving before the end of the term but at the same time there's the same risl with national switching to another plan.
I only way this because I think foreigners in the US can get plans. I dont know for sure because i'm a national and never had to think about that sort of thing.
Anyways if you live in Korea what you need to do to get a cell phone is find a national that is willing to sponsor you. I know other ESL teachers that have new cell phone. they've been in Korea for 6 months (well 7 now) and we hung out with them for a little while. Right now being in Korea for only 4 weeks i have no one to call me so no use for a cell phone but maybe in 4, 5 months I can ask someone to sponsor me.
I have some friends working as ESL teachers in Korea. If you want to buy a new cell phone you have to get sponsor from your work. Especially those who work in the schools like high schools or Universities are treated well and respected from school,
so there's no problem with having them sponsor for you.. They can even co-sign for your Korean credit cards so you can use Korean credit cards while you stay there.
It's very convenient to have Korean credit cards when you dine out or buy expensive stuff.

Don't forget to have cell phone membership card after you get your new cell phone.
With cell phone membership card, I heard you can get lots of discount from retaurants like TGIF, SIZZLER, and convenience store.. Good luck!

Eidola

Looking for something in the KDrama My Girl

Post by Eidola » Mar 11th, '06, 07:38

I was wondering if someone could help me find Joo Yoo-rin's black cell phone that slides. I really want it for some reason... thanks
Attachments
Picture of the phone.
Picture of the phone.
phone.JPG (9.76 KiB) Viewed 12661 times

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Mar 11th, '06, 08:04

@Eidola:
I merged your thread with this existing one that we have on Korean cell phones.

matchingsocks

Post by matchingsocks » Mar 11th, '06, 19:04

kinki wrote:Korea have very advanced mobile phones companies...
wow thats looks awsome to have :O

nalika

Post by nalika » Mar 13th, '06, 01:38

anyone care to explain why US had such crappy cell phone...

Lelaye

Post by Lelaye » Mar 13th, '06, 02:14

nalika wrote:anyone care to explain why US had such crappy cell phone...
HAHA. I know right? Korean phones rock but activating it, buying it, is such a pain. It could amount to $500 :glare: Sometimes the phone can't work in the US. Damn.

AznAngel29

Post by AznAngel29 » Mar 13th, '06, 02:24

I like korean cell phones a lot especially the one that rain has in a love to kill and goong its really nice...to bad america doesn't sell cell phones like that I want one american cell phones are really bad

noriblue

Post by noriblue » Mar 13th, '06, 20:27

nalika wrote:anyone care to explain why US had such crappy cell phone...
Because all cell phones in the US have to pass some tests and have to get permissions from FCC, FDA, etc etc etc...

http://www.fda.gov/cellphones/qa.html

thirdcup

Post by thirdcup » Mar 14th, '06, 05:12

I live in Canada. We are like 2 to 3 years behind in cell phones in comparison to Korea, Japan. I envied all who lives in Korea and japan. You guys get the best phone out there. IN Canada, we are even behind in technology to US too. :-(
I can just watch the dramas to admire the phones only.. Because those phone can't be use in Canada....

Eidola

Post by Eidola » Mar 15th, '06, 04:21

thirdcup wrote:I live in Canada. We are like 2 to 3 years behind in cell phones in comparison to Korea, Japan. I envied all who lives in Korea and japan. You guys get the best phone out there. IN Canada, we are even behind in technology to US too. :-(
I can just watch the dramas to admire the phones only.. Because those phone can't be use in Canada....
They can be used in Canada. All you have to do is get an unlocked one but the really nice ones are expenisve.

ultrasoul

Post by ultrasoul » Mar 16th, '06, 23:28

I'm trying to answer to Eidola's question:

The phone in the pic looks like the samsung D520.

I saw it here: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_d520-1441.php

There are also other slide phones from samsung, but I think this is it.

Hope I could be of any help.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Mar 16th, '06, 23:40

My friend has the phone that Jang Nara used in Wedding... its pretty, probably because I like sliding phones. My sister also has a sliding phone and its ncie too...There are good phones in the U.S, its just that you gotta pay a lot for them

[img]http://empireglobaltech.com/inno55tog%5B1%5D.jpg[/img]

My sister has that phone but in black

I found this Nokia phone...I think it's really pretty with all the designs and stuff

[img]http://myworldphone.com/nokia_7370.jpg[/img]

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 16th, '06, 23:43

oh u know I wanted that Nokia fone,think it's from the La Amor collection,but decided not to get it once I knew it had no Memory card :( and it only uses Midi :( and I can't live without my mp3 ringing tones lol

kmholic

Re: Looking for something in the KDrama My Girl

Post by kmholic » Mar 18th, '06, 07:02

Eidola wrote:I was wondering if someone could help me find Joo Yoo-rin's black cell phone that slides. I really want it for some reason... thanks
The phone that Yoo-rin used was Samsung V840.. nice isn't it, want to get it too but think it's only available in Korea... :x
Last edited by kmholic on Mar 18th, '06, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.

kmholic

Post by kmholic » Mar 18th, '06, 07:05

[quote="OvertheRainbow"]My friend has the phone that Jang Nara used in Wedding... its pretty, probably because I like sliding phones. My sister also has a sliding phone and its ncie too...There are good phones in the U.S, its just that you gotta pay a lot for them

[img]http://empireglobaltech.com/inno55tog%5B1%5D.jpg[/img]

My sister has that phone but in black

Oh.. but i thought she used the Samsung D500.. no? http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_d500-900.php

kookieazn

Post by kookieazn » Mar 18th, '06, 07:08

OvertheRainbow wrote:There are good phones in the U.S, its just that you gotta pay a lot for them

agreed... i just got a new phone... its a samsung t-809 slider phone with a mp3 play and a memory stick BUT it costed me $300!!!!

dEvIlDuDe

Post by dEvIlDuDe » Mar 18th, '06, 08:01

^^ Yup you gotta pay a lot for a cool phone... I got a Sony Ericsson w900i(pretty cool it has cam, vid cam, mp3 plyr, mem card slot, fm...)...Hope they will release a US version of the SE k900...and in goong they seem to have Samsung phones

aso0omy-chan

Post by aso0omy-chan » Mar 19th, '06, 20:42

I dunno if any1 posted it, but here is the cell phone "Bi" used in A Love To Kill...its SAMSUNG P900
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_p900-1427.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_p900-pictures-1427.php

and for the ppl who live in UAE, its comming soon in the shops!

TT___TT I'll die to buy it! I have this cell phone http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w ... s-1089.php

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Mar 20th, '06, 11:17

OvertheRainbow I really like ur nkckname did u quote it from the song in (my name is kim sam soon)

anyway.. I wanted to ask why these great cell phones r execlusive to asian countries and USA where they can really big success in all countries all around the world..

there r rich countries that would like to market for the korean high tech.. I watch Arrirang channel and I really like all the korean products... all of fell in love with their cell phones but we cannot obtain it.. so why not think about the reasons behind this .. maybe we can find someone krean here who can help us to have these cell phones.. we all agree that the price is not a problem but the real problem would be if the phone didn't work..

so if there is any korean who can tell us why their cell phones r exculsive or if there is any software that can make their phones used outside Korea...

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » Mar 21st, '06, 01:09

I find this LG CYON chocolate phone (black & white) very cute. It's a slider with MP3, camera, and touch pad.(this phone smells lavender when you touch it) Also it's very slim. (14.9mm) Its official price ranges from 300 to 400 dollars in Korea. But people say they can it much lower off internet market.

And here's the pic of white chocolate phone.
Attachments
white chocolate phone.jpg
white chocolate phone.jpg (38.54 KiB) Viewed 16565 times

vofzxy

Post by vofzxy » Mar 22nd, '06, 15:24

would the mobiles i purchase in Kore
have like english in them?
like the system and menus would ALL be in eng?

hillz33

Post by hillz33 » Mar 22nd, '06, 18:04

^ i think they will let u set the language!
cz i bought this krean phone from HK and i let me alter the language setting to english!

Praye

Post by Praye » Mar 22nd, '06, 19:26

snowfairy wrote:I find this LG CYON chocolate phone (black & white) very cute. It's a slider with MP3, camera, and touch pad.(this phone smells lavender when you touch it) Also it's very slim. (14.9mm) Its official price ranges from 300 to 400 dollars in Korea. But people say they can it much lower off internet market.

And here's the pic of white chocolate phone.
Oh my, I want to get my hands some white chocolate!!!! I have Verizon Wireless, hopefully, korean phones will work.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Mar 22nd, '06, 19:33

Roudy wrote:OvertheRainbow I really like ur nkckname did u quote it from the song in (my name is kim sam soon)
No, its the song from the Wizard of Oz

kmholic- Yea, that is the phone she used and my friend has that but the picture that I showed wasn't connected to Jana Nara's phone, it was just my sister's phone

vofzxy

Post by vofzxy » Mar 23rd, '06, 13:53

i think someone in this thread said something like " Anycall phones are very expensive" so i was wondering wat are the common choices among students and teens themselves?
anyone has any model to reccomend?
plus, wat GSM platforms do they operate on>?

Thanks

Praye

Post by Praye » Mar 24th, '06, 06:10

Does anyone know where I can purchase the "chocolate" phone? The only place I found was on the Korean ebay but I can't read Korean!

Plz let me know where... thanks