Worst J-drama Ever! (*spoilers*)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
groink

Post by groink » Sep 2nd, '05, 21:41

Old Ant wrote:-- Wakaba: I'm still watching it, but only to see the acting of Yuko Tanaka. All the other actors are one-note stereotypes of themselves; the plots are way too predictable; and they always hit you over the head with the moral of the episode by repeating it about four or five times.
What episode are they up to now where you live? Yes, Wakaba was on my crap drama list I posted earlier.

Actually, all the NHK morning dramas aren't an average drama fan's cup of tea. They're really written for stay-at-home older women because, if you think about it, the episodes air when the working class is at work, and the kids are at school. Oshin was an exception, although as I suggested in another topic it isn't for the large majority of drama fans -- especially those who are drawn to the trendy drama format (post-1988). The only reason I like morning dramas is that I was raised on American daytime soap operas, so I'm very used to the storylines.

--- groink

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 2nd, '05, 21:47

20centuryboy wrote:Yup it's really easier to catch Kimu Taku's dramas than others. My wife hates him but we saw most of his stuff because it was easy to get. :unsure:
Yup yup, I searched all over (probably at least 15 video shops) in Guangzhou for Tomoya Nagase Dramas. Each store had an average of 30 dramas, and if not most of them were Kimutaku's dramas...sigh, wasted so much time.

Old Ant

Post by Old Ant » Sep 2nd, '05, 22:32

20centuryboy wrote:snails-tamer
I remember that one! Wasn't that where Kimutaku got this group of about 25 snails to train, but they were all damaged in their past and couldn't trust any human, let alone a snail tamer? But one-by-one he begins to win their trust through a series of events that, while it seems that he's ignoring them, he's actually doing just what they need to regain their lost trust. And finally with episode 8, he's finally won over the snail with the toughest shell (and in doing so, wins over the 18-or-so non-speaking snail parts at the same time), but at the end of the episode they find out that his sensei, the very man who taught him to tame snails, has been corrupted and is now wholesaling food to French restaurants! Kimutaku looses his will to train snails, and now the snails have to teach him just what he taught them in the first half of the series. And finally together, Kimutaku and the snails have to save all the at-risk snails and reform the once-proud sensei into a fine, upstanding snail tamer again. (I even forgot about the cute slime-cleaner girl who is Kimutaku's love interest.)

Yeah, that one really blew.

Or am I thinking of another snail-oriented drama...

Old Ant

Post by Old Ant » Sep 2nd, '05, 22:42

groink wrote:What episode are they up to now where you live? Yes, Wakaba was on my crap drama list I posted earlier.
I'm in the SF Bay Area, and they don't display episode numbers. (The romance with the architect love interest has just now gotten past the "I hate you" stage.) From what I've heard about the number of episodes, we're probably only about a third of the way through, and since KTSF only shows two episodes per week, we probably have nearly a year left on the puppy.

Yeah, I figured it was different from the standard 11 episode nighttime drama (but the last three episodes of Keiji Ichiro came very close to Wakaba's low standards). It was daily in Japan, right? I wonder if these kind of dramas are something of a "Saved by the Bell" for Japanese TV -- a place where cast and staff who are just entering the industry can learn the craft and make mistakes without too many people being offended.

Gir

Post by Gir » Sep 2nd, '05, 22:58

Old Ant wrote:
20centuryboy wrote:snails-tamer
I remember that one! Wasn't that where Kimutaku got this group of about 25 snails to train, but they were all damaged in their past and couldn't trust any human, let alone a snail tamer? But one-by-one he begins to win their trust through a series of events that, while it seems that he's ignoring them, he's actually doing just what they need to regain their lost trust. And finally with episode 8, he's finally won over the snail with the toughest shell (and in doing so, wins over the 18-or-so non-speaking snail parts at the same time), but at the end of the episode they find out that his sensei, the very man who taught him to tame snails, has been corrupted and is now wholesaling food to French restaurants! Kimutaku looses his will to train snails, and now the snails have to teach him just what he taught them in the first half of the series. And finally together, Kimutaku and the snails have to save all the at-risk snails and reform the once-proud sensei into a fine, upstanding snail tamer again. (I even forgot about the cute slime-cleaner girl who is Kimutaku's love interest.)

I loved that one, how could you not like it. The drama, the angst,...the slime. :lol

dochira

Post by dochira » Sep 2nd, '05, 23:27

Has anyone mentioned Stalker (Sasou Onna)? It was so comical that I don't know if it was intentionally written that way.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Sep 3rd, '05, 01:14

Okay here is my list of most terrible drama I've seen: [WARNING: Spoilers below!!!!)

協奏曲 / Concerto - w/ Kimura Takuya, Miyazawa Rie and Tamura Masakazu.
This drama was so bad because Miyazawa's character just kept going back and forth and back and forth between the two men, and every time you finally thought she was going to make up her mind, she ran to the other one. Also it had one of the LAMEST endings ever. It was a complete waste of time.

ウソコイ / Uso Koi - w/ Nakama Yukie, Faye Wong and that one guy who I forget his name:
Faye Wong is the worst actress ever. A romance between her and the guy was absolutely unbelievable. She spoke choppy Japanese and English, which he spoke none of! They couldn't even communicate, much less fall in love. Also, there were TONS of plot holes. They made a huge deal of saying Yukie's character got lost in the woods when she was a little girl, it was the guy who rescued her, they later met up again and married but she had no idea this was the same guy, etc. etc. and they divorced solely because of a misunderstanding. If they just would have TALKED about it, things would've been different. God that drama pissed me off. SOOOO STUPID!!! It was just a Faye Wong vehicle.

HERO - w/ Kimutaku, Matsu Takako, etc.
I've tried to watch this drama at least 3 separate times and every single time I just can't manage to get through it. It is SOOOO boring. And I actually LIKE Kimutaku and Matsu Takako, but I can't stand this drama.

空から降る一億の星 / 100 million stars falling from the sky - w/ Kimutaku & Fukatsu Eri
I just thought this drama was way too F---ed up. I like thriller/mystery type drama, but not where everybody dies. I think they made you way empathize too much w/ the characters in this drama to just kill them all off.

大和撫子 / Yamato Nadeshiko - w/ Matsushima Nanako
I'm a huge fan of Matsushima Nanako, but this drama was absolutely terrible. The writers did nothing to make you identify w/ or empathize w/ Nanako's character. She never did anything at all to redeem herself; she remained selfish and bitchy throughout the whole series. I think the main guy should have ended up w/ Yada Akiko, who wasn't a complete ****. Even at the end, when Nanako's character supposedly has "changed" and she goes to America w/ none of her possessions, the ending credits show her dragging the guy to all the expensive brand-name designers and coming out w/ tons of shopping bags. WTF? So she never really changed at all. I hate this drama w/ a passion.

めぐり逢い: Refrain - w/ Fukuyama Masaharu & Tokiwa Takako
I think this whole drama should have been done in like, 3 episodes. For all the going back and forth between them and the angst the audience had to put up with, the ending did not pay off. It was a complete letdown. There was too much "7 years later" crap that happened every other episode. Since it skipped forward in time so much, you never REALLY got to know either of the main characters enough to give a crap what happened to them.

ムコ殿 / Mukodono - w/ Nagase Tomoya and Takeuchi Yoko
I liked this drama until it tried too hard to be dire and dramatic. OMG the little boy has a life-threatening condition !! OMG Tomoya's character goes CRAAAAZY~! OMG they're going to get a divorce!!~~~!! And all of this happens in like, the last 3 episodes. You think it's a happy family drama until it gets really stupid at the end. Very very bad writing.

And other dramas I've never managed to finish because they're soooooooo boring:
With Love, Dekichatta Kekkon, taiho shichau zo, Wedding Planner, Brand (the main actress looks waaaay too much like Michael Jackson, also.), Virgin Road, Stand Up!, Food Fight, Boku dake no Madonna, Motokare.[/code]

Sana

Post by Sana » Sep 3rd, '05, 02:18

Old Ant wrote:

Thanks for the synopsis. Makes me want to watch it to see how bad it is. :roll

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 3rd, '05, 05:07

Old Ant wrote:

Yeah, that was the plot! :D I think you're ready to enter theKimu Taku script team!!! :mrgreen:

SoyaYofu

Post by SoyaYofu » Oct 27th, '05, 15:33

There is one dorama that stand in a league of its own in the worst list!

- FoodFight :cussing:

It is a f**king waste of dvd-discs!!!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 27th, '05, 17:28

oh I've been looking for this thread :P

let's see what's on my list:
Hero - definitely the worst jdorama I've ever watched. I have no idea how did I manage to finish it!! I guess it's only because of my friend who was saying that this was one of her favourite series and I just had to watch it LOL it wasn't funny at all it wasn't interesting at all :crazy: waste of time!!
To Heart - couldn't finish it. I don't like stopping in the middle coz, as it was said before, I could miss some good once, but this one..eh maybe it gets better later but I don't even wanna find it out. (generally I would suggest to stay away from doramas with Kyoko coz except Kamisama nothing was actually worth watching)
Summer Snow - I have to agree with those of you who don't like it so much. the cast is great: Hirosue looks really pretty, Shun-chan is sooooo cute and Ikewaki Chizuru is totally adorable but the story itself is..BORING! watched it till the end but didn't like it much
Moto kare - another boring Hirosue&Dohmoto dorama. but I'm planning to finish watching it hehe there are 3 eps till the end so maybe something interesting will happen..I doubt it tho

I just waned to say that I completely agree with feedmeister. I was going to quite OMS after two eps but since my friend finished downloading it I eventually gave it another chance and OMG this is one of my favourite doramas. This one is a must see even if you're not Kimura fan

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 27th, '05, 17:46

I agree for Moto Kare LOL and I haven't even make a hard copy of it except the OST Hakka Candy :P

Schala

Post by Schala » Oct 28th, '05, 00:41

Wow...I am really surprised some people are listing GTO as the worst drama. That was my first drama and it really hooked me, and I can watch it over and over and never get sick of it. Onizuka is like my hero. I wish all teachers cared for their students like he did. School would have been so much more interesting for me if they did. Then again, if teachers acted like he did in America, parents would flip out. Expectations of teachers' responsibilities are much different in Japan compared to America I guess....

I haven't really watched a Jdrama yet that I thought was absolutely AWFUL. And the ones I didn't really like I never finished. If I can't get interested in the first episode, I tend to never watch more of it. x.x

The dramas I've started to watch but never finished because I got bored with them are Moto Kare, Little Chef, Itsumo Futari De, and Bus Stop.

I've watched 3 episodes of Ace wo Nerae, but I'm starting to get bored with that too. I downloaded episode 4, and I'll probably watch it, but if it doesn't start to pick up, I'll probably give up on it. I love Aya Ueto, but the story itself needs to grasp me, not just the actress. (Plus Ochoufujin seems like such a drama queen, and her character is enough to make me want to stay away from the series...)

Koukou Kyoushi was alright, but definitely not in my fav list. I thought the story with Beniko and Yuji was a lot more interesting than the story with the teacher and Hina. I wish the drama had centered around Beniko and Yuji instead. XP

SOS was....eh. It was okay to watch once, but not something I want to watch again. Seems to be geared more towards the younger angsty teen audience. Like a Dawson's Creek type thing. ^^0

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Oct 28th, '05, 00:49

I didn't like GTO that much either. Like totally overrated. almost as As overrated as summer snow.

makiono

Post by makiono » Oct 28th, '05, 01:10

I liked GTO actually. Watched it after watching Gokusen, so it was nice to have a dramatic twist to that kind of story plot.
I really hate Denchi Ga Kirerumade right now though- so depressing... to be honest I dled all the eps first, so I've only seen the first two. It's just that I can't believe they killed off the little girl! Why? :cry: :cry: and after that there wasn't really anything motivating me to keep watching it :glare: ...I guess I will anyways though, since it's already taking up precious dvd space...

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Oct 28th, '05, 01:43

I'm a bit behind on dramas, so I'm gonna just list the ones that were bad enough for me to remember that they were, or lousy enough that I couldn't get through the whole thing.

Dessin: Maybe I didn't give this one a fair chance because I heard it was great, but damn it, I fell asleep on all 3 attempts to watch it. I made it to ep 2 and had no idea what the point was and was bored to sleepy tears.

Good News: I liked this one, however......the plot drove me nuts at how every single episode that something else goes wrong in this guy's life. It got unbelievably old. I got through it and it had potential but it was a little repetitive.

Tengoku ni Ichiban Chikai Otoko: Repetitive and annoying. I can't get into that kinda mood to watch it. Couldn't stand it.

To Heart: I used to think this was okay because it was like, my third drama. But the plot was corny and the acting was ass. It was such a waste and could not irritate me more.

Beautiful Life: I thought it was overrated. It was kinda...mreh.

Hero: With the cast...I tried. I really did. But I just couldn't do it. I wasn't drawn in by it.

Strawberry on Shortcake: Blegh. Boring.

Minami-kun no Koibito: This was just way too retarded. I couldn't get past 2 eps.

Aisuru Tame ni Aisaretai: Astronauts? WTF?

Mukodono 2003: I don't like these kinda sequels that are just remakes. I'm biased from the first one. I couldn't get into it at all even though the cast was pretty sweet.

Hoshi no Kinka 3: Blegh. Why name it that at all? It biased me.

Fighting Girl: One of my first dramas, but blegh.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 28th, '05, 09:27

makiono wrote:I liked GTO actually. Watched it after watching Gokusen, so it was nice to have a dramatic twist to that kind of story plot.
I really hate Denchi Ga Kirerumade right now though- so depressing... to be honest I dled all the eps first, so I've only seen the first two. It's just that I can't believe they killed off the little girl! Why? :cry: :cry: and after that there wasn't really anything motivating me to keep watching it :glare: ...I guess I will anyways though, since it's already taking up precious dvd space...
Um, Denchi was inspired by the real little girl who wrote that poem that keeps reappearing. Some of it's sad, but it's actually kind of uplifting if you watch it all the way through...

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Oct 28th, '05, 10:14

Gokusen 2: Not really the worst drama ever, but it totally disappointed me since I'm a great fan of the first series.

Ace o Nerae: Too cheesy. Many of the actors are too old.

Deep Love -Host- :Balh blah blah :pale:

Those are just my personal opinions :lol

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 28th, '05, 10:21

Hmm.. Deep Love is about the only manga I've read in a decade or so. (Mai, The Psychic Girl was the last before this one...) Loved that, and the girl in the drama is very nice to look at. No subs for that or the movie yet though, so I'll reserve judgement until they show up.

Still think Food Fight and Fighting Girl are the worst Jdramas I've seen yet.

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Oct 28th, '05, 12:12

aNToK wrote:Hmm.. Deep Love is about the only manga I've read in a decade or so. (Mai, The Psychic Girl was the last before this one...) Loved that, and the girl in the drama is very nice to look at. No subs for that or the movie yet though, so I'll reserve judgement until they show up.
No. What I meant is the guy version. I haven't seen the girl version you're talking about. I think this is a sequel of that girl version, this one is about this boy working as a host to find.... something I don't know yet coz I didn't bother to continue watching it :P

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Oct 28th, '05, 16:12

evosantin wrote: Ace o Nerae: Too cheesy. Many of the actors are too old.
Then you most likely won't like Attack No.1...if you haven't seen it yet.
There are like...5 or so actresses that don't even look like high school students, but are playing as them :crazy:

I enjoyed watching Attack NO.1 though

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 28th, '05, 17:08

I don't really understand all the hate for Strawberry on the Shortcake. Personally, I thought it was awesome and it is still one of my favourite doramas even though I watched it long ago. Yes, Fukada IS irritating and a bad actress and it got a little bit boring in the middle parts, but I still enjoyed it immensely. The ABBA music was great and Kubozuka Yosuke and Uchiyama Rina did a great, convincing job. Both of them made it on the list of my favourite actors solely because of SOS. I'll never forget the image of Kubozuka sitting in front of the wall that has 'Born to Love' written on it in blood red font... though the story was nothing special at all (at times, there wasn't much of a plot, I'll agree) the dialogue between the actors was, at times, very meaningful.

And YAY! Like someone else mentioned, it's one of the few dramas (that I've seen) that actually had sex scenes in it. :whistling:

I totally agree about KimuTaku being horribly, horribly overrated, though. For one thing, I totally hate his voice because it's too blah. He's not terribly attractive (I'd even go so far as to call him average-looking) and doesn't stand out much in his dramas.

I didn't like GTO because I hate episodic dramas. Also, I was really disappointed that the drama had nothing of the crazy humour that the manga had.

As for other bad dramas.. To Heart was pretty damn awful.

TragicKingdom

Post by TragicKingdom » Oct 28th, '05, 18:09

Tao Libra wrote:Out of that list, the only one I've actively disliked so far is Pretty Girls, which was horribly saccharine, shallow and stupid. Every single one of the characters annoyed me, and the plot was incoherent. By the end of the series, I was almost wishing that someone would blow that store up with everyone inside it.
My thoughts exactly!!! Downloading that series because it was JSOTW was a bad mistake on my part... Even now I regret it deeply. Skipping many episodes and watching the end was the final blow to me. The ending was the worst too. I hate this series with a deep passion. No doubt about it.

makiono

Post by makiono » Oct 30th, '05, 02:12

aNToK wrote:
makiono wrote:I liked GTO actually. Watched it after watching Gokusen, so it was nice to have a dramatic twist to that kind of story plot.
Um, Denchi was inspired by the real little girl who wrote that poem that keeps reappearing. Some of it's sad, but it's actually kind of uplifting if you watch it all the way through...
okay, okay. I will watch it after exams are done and then if I change my mind I'll let you all know

okumasama

Post by okumasama » Oct 30th, '05, 02:38

Hmmm I can't easily remember the bad ones, since I easily forgot them... I've never stopped watching a drama even if I thought it's a bad one; I'd just spend 5-10 mins on each episode by quick-forwarding it, through the embarassingly borring parts.
Sensei Shiranaino, Waterboys, Kimi wa petto, boku no ikiru michi and Fighting girl are some I can remember skipping through them because I didn't like them.
Summer snow it's not the worst drama for me but not in my top choices too. On the other hand I somehow liked Pretty girls but mind it was one of my first dramas I've ever watched and everything seemed so good then.
Also it's quite hard to say my oppinion for dramas such as Good Luck, Hero, Golden Bowl, Engine etc... Each time there is a different modern "hero" in somehting, going through some difficulties but they all seem to have exactly (or almost) the same structure. So I would say that some of these dramas were boring, not because they were "bad" (indeed Engine was extremelly good) but just because it's the structure of story and about the same actors performing the same things...

vhh

Post by vhh » Oct 30th, '05, 02:52

Maria - I like Maki Goto but wtf was that about.
Pride - Didnt care about the story.
Hero - Overall a waste.
Tokyo Wankei - I like Nakama Yukie but this was bad.
Forbidden Love (Majo no jouken) - Badly written, but not badly acted.

:cheers:

veritati

Post by veritati » Oct 31st, '05, 04:39

Néa Vanille wrote:I totally agree about KimuTaku being horribly, horribly overrated, though. For one thing, I totally hate his voice because it's too blah. He's not terribly attractive (I'd even go so far as to call him average-looking) and doesn't stand out much in his dramas.
To this and any post knocking Kimutaku, you guys/gals are just jealous. Yes, he got his start through Johnny's but if he wasn't talented/good-looking I don' think he'd still be around.

1. If you replace him with someone else in any of the dramas that he's been in, I don't think the drama would be the same. Some of the dramas were actually written for him.
2. Hayao Miyazaki casted him for Howl's Moving Castle. Doesn't that say something? Also, see his versatility in 2046.
3. He was voted as Japan's Sexiest Man for 6 straight years. Think about that.
4. SMAP wouldn't be as popular/disappeared already if it wasn't for his popularity.
5. He's the best singer in SMAP - despite how he always stray from the original recordings.

And back to the original post. The worst drama that I ever saw was Kimi wa Petto. I don't know how anyone can stand it. I did gave it the benefit of the doubt by watching it through when it originally aired. Boy, was that a mistake?

abisan

Post by abisan » Oct 31st, '05, 05:01

the worst i've seen are:
1. kamisama, mou sukoshi dake naritai (Kaneshiro Takeshi.. though takeshi was absolutely gorgeous in der)
2. with love (Takenouchi Yutaka)

Both of those are so damn slow.. and so many holes in the details.. u really gotta switch your brain off wen watching them..

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Nov 11th, '05, 01:34

2triky wrote:
acau wrote:This is the first time I heard someone said "summer snow" is boring :P
Anyway, for me, I have quite a long list of bad doramas
pretty girls....
yes, pretty girls was garbage...one of my least favorite. great celebrities, whack dorama.
HAHA atlest you guys watched, i did a skip parts to parts stop because it seem dumb!!

aime

Post by aime » Nov 11th, '05, 22:49

veritati wrote: To this and any post knocking Kimutaku, you guys/gals are just jealous. Yes, he got his start through Johnny's but if he wasn't talented/good-looking I don' think he'd still be around.
Hmmmm if nobody finds him attractive, he wouldn't be around till now. I agree with ur point on this. But in my personal opinion, i think he's overrated actor since i find his acting is similar for the characters he played in dorama. From Smap, I'll say Kusanagi is a better actor just for the fact he tried different characters and not stucked to the same image *too bad he doesn't have the look factor compare to Kimura*.
veritati wrote: 4. SMAP wouldn't be as popular/disappeared already if it wasn't for his popularity.
5. He's the best singer in SMAP - despite how he always stray from the original recordings.
I can't deny he's the best singer in Smap and even thought his singing talent is wasted in Smap but I disagree with you if you said SMAP wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't for his popularity .... all five of them have worked hard to gain the popularity, it's not juz because of one man ... n it's continous work so you cant say it's merely depend on Kimura ... please look at what other members has contributed as well ... sorry if that's sounded like i'm lecturing you

Back to the topic, the worst drama i've seen is Majo no Jouken, I cant stand the story but I cant complain on the acting.

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Nov 12th, '05, 00:35

veritati wrote:
To this and any post knocking Kimutaku, you guys/gals are just jealous. Yes, he got his start through Johnny's but if he wasn't talented/good-looking I don' think he'd still be around.

1. If you replace him with someone else in any of the dramas that he's been in, I don't think the drama would be the same. Some of the dramas were actually written for him.
2. Hayao Miyazaki casted him for Howl's Moving Castle. Doesn't that say something? Also, see his versatility in 2046.
3. He was voted as Japan's Sexiest Man for 6 straight years. Think about that.
4. SMAP wouldn't be as popular/disappeared already if it wasn't for his popularity.
1. Exactly. They were written for him. There isn't any other point in those dramas except for him.
2. He is not a voice actor. Miyazaki himself said that he was casted because he was a "young" idol with heaps of popularity.
3. What's to think about? "Sexy" implies the image, right? Has talent got anything to do with it?
4. SMAP is an over-packaged, over-endorsed boyband. It'd do everyone good if it disappeared.
5. That may or may not be true. But going by SMAP's songs... being the best singer out of them isn't exactly something to boast about.

Rhocake

Post by Rhocake » Nov 12th, '05, 06:19

I have to say that I couldn't stand watching Kimi Wa Petto. Mostly because I had a hard time adjusting to Matumoto Jun's character as a pet. He was actually really kinda annoying and was pitiful to watch him act like that. I just couldn't see him as someone's pet, it didn't sit right in the stomach, ya know. :scratch:

yarichin

Post by yarichin » Nov 12th, '05, 06:46

i fell asleep in first 10 minutes of kabachitare then woke up when the men went totally ookami on the girls when in the kimonos. not sure what went on but if thats all that could get my interest i better stick with pornos.

Alphonse_Elric

Post by Alphonse_Elric » Nov 12th, '05, 06:55

Gokusen 2: Not really the worst drama ever, but it totally disappointed me since I'm a great fan of the first series.
gokusen II even won as the worst drama ever

worst dramas ever:

1)Gokusen II
2)Dragon Sakura
3)anego
4) any drama with kuttun/yamap

:lol

I enjoyed "Engine" with Kimutaku

I'm going to start a campaign;the objective? destroy Dark Age (dark age = NEWS, Kanjani 8 & NEWS) anyone with me?

Johnny's history was alright until Dark Age appears

even if Tackey&Tsubasa never released a million hit single, they are better than that "Dark Age" boybands

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Nov 12th, '05, 07:03

sadotsu wrote: 1. Exactly. They were written for him. There isn't any other point in those dramas except for him.
2. He is not a voice actor. Miyazaki himself said that he was casted because he was a "young" idol with heaps of popularity.
3. What's to think about? "Sexy" implies the image, right? Has talent got anything to do with it?
4. SMAP is an over-packaged, over-endorsed boyband. It'd do everyone good if it disappeared.
5. That may or may not be true. But going by SMAP's songs... being the best singer out of them isn't exactly something to boast about.

I agree a lot of what you said... I have enjoyed some of the dramas that he's been in, but I think he's too similiar in every one of his dramas. And I don't find him particularly attractive. But I do like Engine & Beautiful Life was good. I know he's popular and everything, but I think there are much better actors out there (with much more range) like Kubozuka Yosuke, Sorimachi Takashi, Tsumabuki Satoshi etc etc.

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Nov 19th, '05, 02:41

I didn't think of Gokusen 2 that worst.. i mean Yes it was all the same ideals from season 1 but look at Trick 1, 2, 3, its the same too!!

I thought they should've made it different from the first season. Althought the Comedy is still rich!..

oceansportrait

Worst Drama

Post by oceansportrait » Nov 19th, '05, 09:15

First love starring Fukada Kyoko and Watabe Atsuro was completely unbearable. Even though I found it really REALLY boring I stuck to it until the very end in hopes that even the last 10 minutes of the LAST episode could be its saving grace. But nothing. The storyline was all over the place, the two had absolutely NO chemistry together, and just...everything about the drama didn't work! It tried to be a complex drama with many revelations, but instead it turned out to be this mismatch of puzzle pieces that weren't even from the same puzzle box. A big "revelation" would be revealed, but it leaves you dumbfounded because it came out of no where, and it makes absolutely no sense when you consider what the series was up until that secret is uncovered. The only thing good about this drama was its opening theme song ("Sakura Drops" by Utada Hikaru). I think after the first episode I was watching the series for the sole reason of listening to this song playing in the intro.

Majo no Jouken. I saw this in the "top 50 voted drama list" on jdorama.com so I decided to give a try. I shouldn't have. I don't see what all the hype was about. The two main (Matsushima Nanako and Takizawa Hideaki) don't look good together at all. Not to mention, neither of them can act so I don't see how they both got their parts. I consider them a strictly side-character actor/actress only. They don't have the talent to be leading material, and they prove it in this drama. All those supposedly "tear jerking" scenes just left me rolling my eyes at the dramatic music playing in the background and Matsushima Nanako's fake, forced tears. I recently watched Taiyou no Kisetsu starring Takizawa Hideaki, and I was surprised to find his acting had improved (or was it just that the rest of the cast was amazingly talented? Ikewaki Chizuru was adorable! in it!)

Ace wo Nerae!. I watched this one to the very end as well (Usually, when I start watching a series, I watch it to the end even though I hate it. The only exception was with Love Generation, One episode of that series was enough for me to last a life time.). I think it would have been bearable had it not been that this was set with the main characters still being in high school. These actors/actresses with the sole exception of Ueto Aya and a few of the girls on the same tennis club, don't look like high schoolers! Especially the main guy who goes to the same school (I forgot his name). He had deep creases on his forehead---he has to be in his late 20's! And the other thing I couldn't stand about this drama was, the tennis scenes. They were so fake. It's not believable that a person can swing a tennis racket that lazily and that out of focus and still be able to do a smash.

SOS This was watchable, but I wouldn't call it good either. The storyline made no sense, especially towards the end. And I never liked ABBA so the ending song didn't do much for me.

Hitnrun

Post by Hitnrun » Nov 19th, '05, 12:00

I didn't liked Mukodono, the "sad" scenes where tooo much forced, they made me want to laught instead of crying...

Orange Days I didn't liked too, it is beautiful and all, but from episode 1 I already knew what the last scene would be... and it dragged all the all to that, to me the author only made the first and last episode, and the rest was just fill-in to this.

But someone mentioned Water Boys, wow that is one of my favorite series... there will never be a common opinion on this thread :roll

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Nov 19th, '05, 18:08

the drama pretty girls in my opinon is the worst j-drama ever!!!!!!!!! the ending sucked!!! :x

rdoll

Post by rdoll » Nov 20th, '05, 13:45

Worst drama ever?

Well, most of the pople who wrote here didn't even finish what they called the worst drama ever. If you think Summer Snow or Beach Boys is the worst j-drama ever, you most probably watch only 5 to 10 j-drama only.They maybe not a very good drama, but they not the worst. And stop ranting about drama that you didn't even finish man. It's annoying to see someone ranting other good drama that didn't even watch.

Anyway, the worst drama ever should goes to Kimi wa Petto. I finished all of the episodes and it left me with a feeling of stupidness. The ending is so lame while I expected more than that. Forbidden Love goes to the second worst drama ever that i managed to finish. Below is my full list of worst drama ever that I managed to finish.

1) Kimi wa Petto
2) Forbidden Love
3) Sweet Season
4) With Love
5) Koori no Sekai (Ice world)

There's like 20 more series that I can't finish because I don't find it interesting but i ain't going to rant them here. Coz it will be unfair to them. I hope you guys do the same to when posting here.

Tallgeese

Post by Tallgeese » Nov 21st, '05, 08:25

Fighting Girl is the only one I've seen that was bad. I've been out of dramas for a while, so I haven't seen much of these other ones you say are really bad. I dunno how anyone can put "Beautiful Life" or "Kamisama..." on the list. Those were great!

musashi77

Post by musashi77 » Dec 30th, '05, 12:12

Summer Snow is the best drama I've never seen, I liked the story and the cast!
The worst one for me? Maybe "Denchi Ga Kirerumade". Too sad, don't like the way of acting of the main star.
P:S:: Kimura Takuya Rulez!

Gir

Post by Gir » Dec 30th, '05, 16:58

I'd say 5spies.

Just too many plot and technical inconsistencies.

AngelMercury

Post by AngelMercury » Dec 30th, '05, 17:27

Summer Snow isn't my favorite, But I did enjoy it.

I don't know what ones I really dislike, But I do have to say Pretty Girls was a Major disapointment. I don't usually stop watching a series but I stopped watching pretty girls as soon as Inamori Izumi was like, 'Oh I like the guy and he's why I'm working here, but I like you too so you can have him.' Lame! You spend six episodes getting to know this one girl who's interesting cause she's different, and then suddenly she's not the one who ends up with the guy? Sounds like someone switched trains half way through...

Bah! I change my mind, I hated Pretty Girls. I tried to finish the last 3 episodes but I just couldn't after that.

The other dissapointment would be when I started watching Trick 2. In season One, Nakama Yukie was the one proving things were fake, and the prof was the real idiot (though they were both pretty dumb, goofy characters) but in season 2 the rolls were suddenly switched. Just a little disappointing, but it was still a fun series (not done watching it).

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 30th, '05, 18:04

i dunno why many ppl dont like Kimura Takuya... im not a fan of SMAP at all.... not a fan of JE boys.... well frankly saying, im not a Jdorama person that much... but ive tried to watch a couple of jdoramas... and in Engine, i think that KimuTaku really did a good job portraying his character....
I didnt like him in Long vacation... ( couldnt bring myself to watch the 2nd ep) gomen T_T
I only watched first ep of Summer Snow... and I couldnt bring myself to watch 2nd ep either... (I just cant stand the low paced drama) lol
so far i think NwP is quite worth watching bc its a lil different.... the guys rnt that hot (maybe yamapi is in real life), the girl is normal looking, but the personalities of the 3 main leads made it very enjoyable...
so i will only greet 2 actors for their acting: KimuTaku in engine, and YamaPi as Akira in NwP...

Nobuta

Post by Nobuta » Dec 30th, '05, 18:09

i'm quite forgiving on bad dramas, but the ones that really turned me off totally and made me not watch them anymore were:

- Mukudono 2003 as it is so damn stupid as a remake, the first one was already quite hard to watch, but this one is just awful.

- Trick all seasons, this series was so childish, they presented us damn old tricks everyone knows anyways and instead of something spectacular you always got to see stupid card tricks. And those dumb police officers really pissed me off, that's just not funny at all. The only funny thing in the first season was the jokes about his big penis, the rest was pretty awful, still got more to watch but never continued.

I watched every drama I got so far except for those two completly and I always found good points in them. My current favorite is Joou no Kyoushitsu though, those kids really do a good acting job.

Pinch

Re: Worst Drama

Post by Pinch » Dec 31st, '05, 05:08

oceansportrait wrote: Majo no Jouken. I saw this in the "top 50 voted drama list" on jdorama.com so I decided to give a try. I shouldn't have. I don't see what all the hype was about. The two main (Matsushima Nanako and Takizawa Hideaki) don't look good together at all. Not to mention, neither of them can act so I don't see how they both got their parts. I consider them a strictly side-character actor/actress only. They don't have the talent to be leading material, and they prove it in this drama. All those supposedly "tear jerking" scenes just left me rolling my eyes at the dramatic music playing in the background and Matsushima Nanako's fake, forced tears.
No offense here, but you are saying Matsushima Nanako and Takizawa Hideaki should just be side-character actor/actress? Did you really watch the show? Some people here actually say their acting is good. And I agree on that. Not to mention that both of them have a lot of dramas under their belt with them as the leading actor/actress...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Dec 31st, '05, 05:31

Hmm... this is one of the series that made me a fan of Nanako. At first, it totally turned me off thinking of these two together, as their age (not to mention height) differences just didn't seem to make for an appealing couple at all. He was good in S.O.S., but I didn't like the pairing with Nanako at all.

Then again, the drama's supposed to be about an older woman falling for a younger guy, so maybe it was supposed to feel that way? Dunno. The pairing in the Kdrama "Romance" with similar initial circumstances at least made sense....

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Dec 31st, '05, 07:54

erm... i love the drama overall. but i must say that takki's acting in it sucks.
he's a much better actor now by far compared to in majo no jouken.

junzankun

Post by junzankun » Dec 31st, '05, 16:34

Worst drama I've seen so far:

1. First Love - Terrible story and acting (Fukada, Watabe Atsuro) :x
2. Itsumo Futari De - Sakaguchi Kenji forces his acting too much.
3. Gokusen 2 - Repetetive, in every episode they have enemies from other school, or they get into a fight all the time when they hit someone's shoulder. Sensei always comes to the rescue. Sorry but it was boring. :scratch:
4. Love 2000 - acting was bad.
5. Love Love Love - Eh..lunatic story. :pale:
6. Omai Kekkon - a pain to watch. :glare:

Best I've seen:
1. Satorare - :P
2. Gokusen - :cheers:
3. H2 - :-)
4. Tengoku e no Kaidan (Stairway to Heaven) - :cry:
5. Yasha - just diffferent than most j-doramas. :thumleft:
6. Love Generation - :mrgreen:

Series I thought were bad the first 2-3 episodes but turned out a GREAT series:
1. Tengoku e no Kaidan (Stairway to Heaven) - Must see. :-)
2. Taiyo no Kisetsu
3. Younger Men

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Dec 31st, '05, 17:01

hehe a lot of my fav doramas were mentioned in this thread :P

gromitt
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gromitt » Dec 31st, '05, 17:53

aNToK wrote:Hmm... this is one of the series that made me a fan of Nanako. At first, it totally turned me off thinking of these two together, as their age (not to mention height) differences just didn't seem to make for an appealing couple at all. He was good in S.O.S., but I didn't like the pairing with Nanako at all.

Then again, the drama's supposed to be about an older woman falling for a younger guy, so maybe it was supposed to feel that way? Dunno. The pairing in the Kdrama "Romance" with similar initial circumstances at least made sense....
You are right on that one. According to producers of Majo no Jouken, they wanted to highlight as much as possible the "differences" and incompatibility between the two characters. And the height difference is intentional. Watching the drama, you'll find other differences as well, the details....etc, such as their personalities and how it changed from the beginning of the show to the end. It's very interesting, don;t you think? And these "differences" are necessary, so as to highhtlight to audiences the messages and essence of the story.

If you think about it, it's really not a love story - yes, it's clothed in one, and it talks about the love story between a teacher and student. But there really is alot of others layers to look at. It can be a story about self discovery, and what not. This depends on the viewer of course....

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 3rd, '06, 16:55

for the time being its kikenna aneki, totally turned me off, really un-intresting and boring, tried to watch it because the waterboy but couldnt :O

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jan 3rd, '06, 18:19

Romance wrote: tried to watch it because the waterboy but couldnt :O
That's a first. Most of the boys are watching it for Hermes-san. ha..ha...ha... :lol

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jan 3rd, '06, 20:10

I can't comment on the other series I can only comment on the series I have watched.

Gokusen 2 was bad.
I saw Gokusen 1 and watching 2 was like watching saved by the bell: the new class or something.

Tokyo Wankei
The mother's story in episode 1 was a heck of a lot better then the entire series.

nhk9

List of Dramas Best to be Avoided

Post by nhk9 » Feb 27th, '06, 20:09

There are so many lists on recommended dramas, so I was thinking if you guys have a list of the dramas that you don't think are really worth the time going through the episodes. Afterall we have to spend 10hours of our life to finish off a single drama, so I was hoping that if all the d-addicts fans have some pointers for the rest of us who are choosing what dramas to watch.

I won't say that I have watched many dramas, but I've watched my fair share.

Otousan - the plot is quite cliche, and it just seems to drag on forever. Aside from some of the cuter looking daughters (hirosue, fukada), there isn't really much to watch.

2001 Nen Otoko Un - Kanno Miho has some wacky (& hilarious) acting, and Tanabe Seiichi is fitting for his role as Miho's lover. But the plot (if there's one) is very weak, and the ren'ai subplots for the supporting characters are quite irritating. Watch only if you are a Miho fan.

Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake - There are those who may shed tears watching this one, but due to the unbelievably absurd plot, this one should be best left alone. Kaneshiro Takeshi looks great in this one though.

All dramas by Fukada Kyoko - Sure she is cute, but she can't act and she plays the same kind of character each time (eg. SOS, Kamisama, To Heart); so there's not a reason to watch them when you've got other dramas with better actresses (Matsushima Nanako, Koyuki, Hirosue Ryoko)

Ace wo Nerae - Ueto is not too convincing as a tennis player, as obviously her build is quite different from that of a legit tennis player. There is no surprise element whatsoever and you can pretty much guess what's gonna happen easily. If you are into Sports dorama, maybe you should look for Pride or something else instead.

Some better ones in my list include, why of course, GTO, Gokusen, Shiroi Kyoto, Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi, Long Vacation... well pretty much the classics (with the exception of Beautiful Life, which I found to be a bit of a drag at times)

If you have your list of "Dramas Best to be Avoided", please post them here!

groink

Post by groink » Feb 27th, '06, 21:37

One thing you must realize is that in Japan, ANYONE can become an actor. And that's because everyone in the geinoukai is expected to perform on ALL levels: acting, singing, dancing, promotions, etc.

Acting ability in Japanese entertainment is not scrutinized like how they do it in the west. Most actors in the west go through acting school or other forms of training. And if a really bad actor does end up appearing on TV or in movies, the general public will totally "razz" him to the point where the actor basically disappears from existence because he's of no use. But they don't do this in Japan.

So to blame an actor for taking the drama down with him/her is, to me, western thinking. And you just can't do that and at the same time call yourself a Japanese drama fan. To be a fan, you must accept everything Japanese - including how the geinoukai functions.

If you think people like Fukada Kyoko are bad actors, suck it up because she's quite popular in Japan. And the geinoukai will continue to use her in all aspects of entertainment.

--- groink

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 27th, '06, 21:43

@groink - your explanation has a huge hole shot right through the middle of it... Tom Cruise still gets work.

groink

Post by groink » Feb 27th, '06, 21:47

pokute wrote:@groink - your explanation has a huge hole shot right through the middle of it... Tom Cruise still gets work.
HAH? I think Tom Cruise is a good actor. Not a GREAT actor, but he fits in most of his roles. Personally, I blame the people in charge of casting.

phacoel

Post by phacoel » Feb 27th, '06, 21:50

Well, it's not like every actors or actress in western are that good. That's why I like japanese doramas, eventhough I'm sure, some of them are just boring. But anyway, it's better to give a good dorama a credit than give a bad dorama bad publicity, since people could watch on their own taste.

Some doramas have talented actors or actress, because they can act normally, like usual people does. And I like those realistic acting.

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » Feb 27th, '06, 22:30

Anyway I wasn't prepared to start a discussion on the acting abilities of the people who are in the geinoukai. I think that most Japanese actors/actresses do have certain acting abilities. But I don't necessarily think that you have to really have to force yourself to watch those who cannot act in order to call yourself a fan of Japanese dorama or whatever. There are many other actresses who can act in many roles, and the point of the thread is just to see the opinions of fellow forum users here and what they think are some of the not-so-great dramas there are. I don't necessarily agree that we have to "accept everything Japanese", but that's just my viewpoint and I dont want to digress into that discussion here (feel free to PM me if you like)

We could only watch so many dramas in our spare time, why not choose the better actors and avoid the so-so ones? I was hoping that the senpais here could give us a pointer on which ones should be best avoided.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 27th, '06, 23:04

Hey, the show Saiyuuki has so much wrong with it that it's hard to decide where to begin when tearing it to pieces... The dialogue is some of the worst ever written, the costumes are all travesties, and the interiors and props all look like they are made out of urethane foam (which they are). The actors all seem to be suffering from being forced to deliver the idiotic lines, and some of the actors themselves seem to be made of foam rubber.

Yet somehow the show manages to be engaging and funny! Go figure. In any case, I would rather watch it than anything Tom Cruise has been in...

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 27th, '06, 23:33

There are plenty of threads where people have listed their top five or ten or whatever dramas. If you start a thread inviting people to trash dramas, it won't be long before somebody intentionally or unintentionally trashes somebody's subs. So this kind of thread is going to attract trouble whether you intended it to or not (I am certain you did NOT, so please do not get defensive).

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Feb 27th, '06, 23:54

Gokusen was WAY TOO cheesy IMO... And the fact that I'm a huge GTO fan doesn't help it much. I just got a feeling it was biting off of GTO the entire series. Don't even get me started about the 2nd season.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 27th, '06, 23:56

Damn you kyosak... I agree with you completely!!

But I LOVE Nakama Yukie!!

groink

Post by groink » Feb 28th, '06, 00:11

nhk9 wrote:I was hoping that the senpais here could give us a pointer on which ones should be best avoided.
If that's the case, why did you create this topic? One with a virtually identical theme already exists:

Worst J-drama Ever! (*spoilers*)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21259

"dramas to avoid" = "worst J-dramas"

--- groink

ad

Post by ad » Feb 28th, '06, 01:20

I disagree with nhk9 about ace wo nerae. You have to compare apple with apples, and oranges with oranges. You cant compare "Wedding Crashers" with "Ring". The same goes for jdramas. There are manga/anime based dramas; its a separate genre, in my opinion, one should not compare them with the rest. These dramas are made for kids (at least i have a feeling that i am 15 years too old for them) and the characters in them are one dimentional. But among them there are some dynamic dramas and threre are slow and boring ones (Kintaro).

So for Manga based dramas my list is
Good
ace wo nerae
Attack #1
Gokusen

Bad
Kintaro

The same goes for comedies and romantic dramas. There are cheesy comedies and annoying tear-jerking romantic dramas. Although i dont tend to remember bad dramas i just stop watching them, lol.

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » Feb 28th, '06, 01:31

ad-san has some good points. Well at least on the surface (from the name or just introductions at jdorama) it would harder to tell if a dorama is aimed more towards kids, or for a more mature audience. There are indeed some sports drama/movies that have more mature themes, but at least it's good to know that the more 1-dimension shows do exist.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 28th, '06, 01:36

One comment I want to make after scanning some of the comments on the performers in Japan.

I think the best way to think about this is to seperate them into 2 categories.

Stars: People who will more or less act themselves no matter what the role. (They are basically paid for this. You either like them or don't. So if you see them and you know you don't like them, don't watch it.)

Actors: People who will actually act. (Personally I like to watch these people more.)

It takes a bit to figure who is which, but you watch enough and you realize.

This was the case in older US films as well, especially up until the 1950s and even 60s. But in the US ever since actors like DeNiro and Pacino became hugely popular, stars are required to be able to act, but in Japan the star-studio system somehow survives.

And then there are people who just shouldn't be on screen (I mean if you suck, practice on stage first), but that's a different story.

booniez

Post by booniez » Feb 28th, '06, 01:45

I thought that Kamisama, Mou Sukoshi Dake was good -- not the best, but good, at least. I also liked Otousan. Sure, it didn't have lots of twists and turns in the plot, but that would have only hurt the story.

The one drama that I am certain that I hate is Uso Koi. In fact, for the safety of the public, no one should watch this one. Had Faye Wong known this one was going to be such a stinker, I am sure she would not have signed the contract. Yukie Nakama is in it, too, but I think she was blacklmailed into appearing -- that's how I can see why she'd be in it.

Schala

Post by Schala » Feb 28th, '06, 02:06

I watched the first episodes of Bus Stop and Moto Kare and wasn't too thrilled with them. Just like with a book or an anime, the beginning needs to really grasp me for me to get into it. If the beginning is dull or just doesn't grab me, I'll have no interest in watching more.

I also didn't find Strawberry on the Shortcake all that great either. It was just boring and overly dramatic. I also did not like Ace wo Nerae. I watched up to episode 4 and it just got too boring and overly dramatic for a show about high school tennis. And I love Aya Ueto. :sweat:

Gokusen was okay, but I agree that it seemed to be ripping off of GTO. The first episode seemed to have the exact same elements. But I do like Nakama Yukie too. ^^0

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 28th, '06, 02:17

i agree that this topic is not any different from the other one. merging....

Eria

Post by Eria » Mar 1st, '06, 09:26

wow! i actually read almost the whole topic. so here's my .02. i don't wanna pick a fight with anyone here so just suck it up cuz i did when i read some of your posts. plus, i'm only taking a breather from studying for a test on thursday so i can't be here forever. also, i'm guilty of being biased to arashi-related dramas/movies.

i haven't watched a lot of dramas to say that these are the worst, but these were definitely not that great imho.

First, TO HEART. the title should be changed to The Boxer/Friendship or Boxing. this isn't a love story. it's a boxing story. both kyoko and domoto's character were annoying. BUT, i like Summer Snow and SOS, so it's not the actors. just the storyline

Second, ENGINE. my first kimutaku drama without any exposure to kimutaku. didn't know him, didn't know he was from smap, just clueless. i liked the storyline, hated his acting! i was so traumatized, it took me almost 3 months before i can watch another drama he's in. BUT, i loved One Million Stars. not because of his acting but because of the storyline (it totally overshadowed his acting). and since this is the worst thread, i have to go to the favorites thread to rave about One Million Stars.

so far, those are my two low-rated dramas that i won't ever touch again. hahaha

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Mar 3rd, '06, 04:22

i didn't like sos that much. it was just weird. my love for yosuke wasn't able to pull me through. haha. really bad storyline.

i liked both gto and gokusen, though i also had a feeling that gokusen was rippping off from gto. anyway, i watched the season 2 of gokusen. it had its moments, but overall, it just got tiring watching another yankumi-beating-up-student round. not much difference from the first. *sorry kame... but i still love you the most!*

pockiiee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pockiiee » Mar 3rd, '06, 08:08

amrayu wrote:
M65 wrote:Gokusen. Very Overrated and *CoughGTOripoffCough*
LOL... How ironic. IMO, I think GTO is VERY overrated...
I've had my GTO VCDs since 1998, and managed to only watch one episode so far. :P
I know what you mean, I can just never get into most of those teacher dramas, they just seem so contrived and a formula to show the new hottie of the week teenager - That being said I didn't mind Gokusen as much because of the female lead, I though she was quite funny.

My worst drama has been mentioned - Pretty Girls
Mukodono also got on my nerves, I don't know how I finished it.
alos Usu Koi - it was terrible