Vietnamese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 5th, '05, 12:08

notnice2know true, I would have to agree with you there. Anything is better then English dub especially in anime *shudders*

To be honest its not that I hate Viet dubs, its just that they tend to reuse voice actors. Thats all I have to say. XDDDDDD But I agree, its pretty useful in those old Chinese films. Although it was wierd to see Aaron Kwok "speak" in Vietnamese

Yup yup, Sojiro is :wub: too.
Tsukasa looks too angsty for some reason. He's cool, but I don't like his "superior attitude" to Makino. ^^;; He really has serious attitude problems.
Ahh. you know the actor who plays Rui, Shuu I think is he in Gokusen also?

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Dec 5th, '05, 14:18

Ruroshin wrote:
tinhvibanbi wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:Vietnam is so hot. It actually rain today in HCM city but afterwards it got hot again.
Oh, u are in SAIGON now, so how was VN, nice isn't .......
Just like Jayph said, the weatherin SG is quite stable, when i say stable, i mean HOT like HELL...... :D , im from hanoi..... :D
Hanoi is cold? Well its freaking hot in Saigon, so glad for air conditioning. I got a stomach ache from eating too much food haha. I was out in the streets the other day when VN won in a game of soccer and the streets were packed :crazy:

The best so far is they have Pearl Ice Tea and they deliver to house! So awesome :D

well I'm going out to eat again :mrgreen:
u in vietnam holiday?? cose my family is overthere atm while im stuck here :(

2-3 years ago i was back in vietnam, they had the SEA GAMES IN VIETNAM, and those guys were nuts when vietnam were in teh finals, and they paraded on the streets and i was stuck in traffic in saigon couldnt get back to the hotel and i had a fuckn stomache ache :(:( sittin in the car for 2hrs just to get back to the hotel to take a dump :D, then i went back to my province and they loss in the finals, they still paraded along the coastline of vungtau and sum guy had a fake silver cup about 4ft tall with 200 ppl on motorbikes riding up and down from vungtau to ba-ria to early in teh mornin which piss me off, cose i live on one of the main long straight roads :(:(

jane

Post by jane » Dec 5th, '05, 21:41

connhodangghet wrote:wow, there are quiet many viet here huh?? never knoe ab it untill my friend told me there is a fight between north and south vietnamses, interesting, i like fighting hìhì jk.
i definitely vietnamese, can read and write viet not thats good but still... im vietnamese.
i hate ppl who went to oversea and then said bad things ab VN, when ppl say that infront of me, thì có mà chết nha.
i agree with Neri comment, she is my sis muh hìhì.
Over all, where is the fight?? can i join, khóai cãi nhau lắm đó....
'fight'??? :scratch:
O day dau co ai danh nhau dau. Ma neu co danh nhau... thi chac tui minh chi dung 'vo mieng' ma thoi :P
Con neu minh dung truoc mat ban di nua thi...hmmm... khong biet ban mang dai mau gi hen??? :D

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 6th, '05, 01:39

I tried to watch a kdrama on TV here in VN yesterday and I couldn't make it past 5 minutes because it was viet voice over (not dubbed because you can still hear the original voice) but there was only one person doing the voice over for EVERYBODY! It was just wierd so I gave up. I'll stick to english subtitles :P

My vietnamese seems to improves considerably everytime I go back to vietnam :)

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 6th, '05, 01:45

Ruroshin wrote:I tried to watch a kdrama on TV here in VN yesterday and I couldn't make it past 5 minutes because it was viet voice over (not dubbed because you can still hear the original voice) but there was only one person doing the voice over for EVERYBODY! It was just wierd so I gave up. I'll stick to english subtitles :P

One voice for everybody.....that is to crazy :crazy:

Thats awesome that your vietnamese improves everytime you go back :cheers:

kookieazn

Post by kookieazn » Dec 6th, '05, 02:46

K.T.Tran wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:I tried to watch a kdrama on TV here in VN yesterday and I couldn't make it past 5 minutes because it was viet voice over (not dubbed because you can still hear the original voice) but there was only one person doing the voice over for EVERYBODY! It was just wierd so I gave up. I'll stick to english subtitles :P

One voice for everybody.....that is to crazy :crazy:

Thats awesome that your vietnamese improves everytime you go back :cheers:
yeah they do that in vietnam. they dont dubb them. so i always have to wait forever for the movie to be dubbed over here in the USA. i refuse to watch the ones that are voiced over!!!!!

connhodangghet

Post by connhodangghet » Dec 6th, '05, 03:47

jane wrote:
connhodangghet wrote:wow, there are quiet many viet here huh?? never knoe ab it untill my friend told me there is a fight between north and south vietnamses, interesting, i like fighting hìhì jk.
i definitely vietnamese, can read and write viet not thats good but still... im vietnamese.
i hate ppl who went to oversea and then said bad things ab VN, when ppl say that infront of me, thì có mà chết nha.
i agree with Neri comment, she is my sis muh hìhì.
Over all, where is the fight?? can i join, khóai cãi nhau lắm đó....
'fight'??? :scratch:
O day dau co ai danh nhau dau. Ma neu co danh nhau... thi chac tui minh chi dung 'vo mieng' ma thoi :P
Con neu minh dung truoc mat ban di nua thi...hmmm... khong biet ban mang dai mau gi hen??? :D
đâu có mặc đồ đó đâu mà đai màu gì. chừng naò mặc mua màu green mac dzô. i like that colour.
Còn fight thì đâu có dám cãi với ai, đứng ngòai nói dzô thôi hìhì (bữa nào tụi no quýnh cho phù mỏ 1 bữa ko biết when)

hinako442003
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by hinako442003 » Dec 6th, '05, 05:04

surrealistic-destiny wrote: Yup yup, Sojiro is :wub: too.
Tsukasa looks too angsty for some reason. He's cool, but I don't like his "superior attitude" to Makino. ^^;; He really has serious attitude problems.
Ahh. you know the actor who plays Rui, Shuu I think is he in Gokusen also?
wasn't he in GTO? I thought the guy who plays Tsukasa was in Gokusen.
but anyway, I can't wait for the subs... it's getting good.
It's a shame I only know Viet and English. I have to wait for subs on everything.

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 6th, '05, 14:07

really? He was.... o_O

ohh, was he by the chance one of the students or the teacher? :scratch:

I have to borrow that off my friend again. Ahh, sorry for the confusion. I meant the actor playing Rui not Tsukasa. Sorry :cry:

notnice2know

Post by notnice2know » Dec 6th, '05, 15:13

Well i really hate it when that happen how one person translate the whole thing . VN do that to all US movies it call thuyết minh but if you can find the good stuff it is not translated by one person and the mouth move with the words

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Dec 7th, '05, 07:30

my vietnamese is the suck - i can barely order any food at a vietnamese restaurant without seriously comtemplating just ordering by the numbers on the items

vmt

Post by vmt » Dec 7th, '05, 07:35

minh cung la nguoi viet ne
minh o Saigon

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Dec 7th, '05, 13:01

chao` everyone!~ lol my viet is really bad, btw anyone listens to viet music here?

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 7th, '05, 16:13

pinkapple wrote:chao` everyone!~ lol my viet is really bad, btw anyone listens to viet music here?
your viet can't be as bad as mine. I can only read the food menu (though I still have trouble reading some). I can't write viet at all :cry:

Viet music.....nope. I listened to Trish a couple times. Some of her songs are ok, but what I don't like is that she has the same singing voice in every song. I think she did some sad songs, but they don't sound so sad :roll So I don't listen to her no more.

nezumi

Post by nezumi » Dec 8th, '05, 01:34

Daijoubu wrote:my vietnamese is the suck - i can barely order any food at a vietnamese restaurant without seriously comtemplating just ordering by the numbers on the items
i still order by number even tho i know dishes by name... i think my vietnamese sounds too strange when attempting to pronounce the simplest words :S

babydoll

Post by babydoll » Dec 8th, '05, 01:49

chao ba con.!
hi am vietnamese too, so very happy to join the Vn community. i can talk,write and read in vietname language, but find it easier to write in English. i live i American, and love korean drama or movie. sometime the plot keep repeat but you do find some nice drama sometime. currently am addict to Jdrama. i been watching Hana Yori Dango and Gokusen. wonder if any one teach me how to download from clubbox or torrent.
thank you

cobephongtran

Post by cobephongtran » Dec 8th, '05, 03:21

hey guys,

i have "Thuy Nga 79 - Dreams" in clubbox & some "phim bo" too..hehe

just want to share, you guys are welcome to download it! :)

vmt

Mot so song cho cac ban

Post by vmt » Dec 8th, '05, 03:47

Day la mot so bai hat minh hat va thau am
cac ban nghe nha
neu cac ban co yeu cau nhac viet cu kien he voi minh

Tinh Don Phuong
http://kh02.host.sk/mp3/TinhDonPhuong.mp3

Nguoi Yeu Dau
http://kh02.host.sk/mp3/NguoiYeuDau.mp3

Di Ve Noi Xa
http://kh02.host.sk/mp3/DiVeNoiXa.mp3

Sao Em No Danh uen
http://kh02.host.sk/mp3/SaoEmNoDanhQuen.mp3

Chuc cac ban vui ve va hoc tieng viet nhanh chong

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Dec 8th, '05, 04:55

your viet can't be as bad as mine. I can only read the food menu (though I still have trouble reading some). I can't write viet at all :cry:

Viet music.....nope. I listened to Trish a couple times. Some of her songs are ok, but what I don't like is that she has the same singing voice in every song. I think she did some sad songs, but they don't sound so sad :roll So I don't listen to her no more.
omg i dislike trish so much! most of her songs has this techno music in the background, lol you cant write viet at all? i guess im not bad as you, ehehe i was forced to go to viet school a couple of years ago. my viet was pretty bad that time so i had to study with the lil kids. it was embarrassing, >_______________________<"[/quote]

yinki

Post by yinki » Dec 8th, '05, 18:45

cobephongtran wrote:hey guys,

Thank you for uploading thuy nga 79. I really want to watch it, but as broke as i am i can not afford to buy the dvd and knowing me, i'll probably just going to skip 75% of the content and just watch a few performances that I like; so I really appreciate the fact that u take ur time to share this with us. I know I sound really greedy for asking this, but does any one know what other clubbox or sites where i could watch or download vietnamese music video, especially those from the new tinh production. Thank in advance.

onizuka79

Post by onizuka79 » Dec 8th, '05, 19:24

yinki wrote:
cobephongtran wrote:hey guys,

Thank you for uploading thuy nga 79. I really want to watch it, but as broke as i am i can not afford to buy the dvd and knowing me, i'll probably just going to skip 75% of the content and just watch a few performances that I like; so I really appreciate the fact that u take ur time to share this with us. I know I sound really greedy for asking this, but does any one know what other clubbox or sites where i could watch or download vietnamese music video, especially those from the new tinh production. Thank in advance.
http://tracker.vietworld.biz
you have to register first.

amulet

Post by amulet » Dec 8th, '05, 23:53

hi everyone, so we have a lot of Viet here, how surprise :lol . I'm Viet too, I was born and grew up in Vietnam for 18 years , can speak , write Vietnamese fluently, of course :D I've studied in czech for 2 years , glad to see you all here .
I know this site really good , you can dowload viet music but there only vietnamese and you must type in Viet , It seems hard but for the one , who would like study vietnamese so it can help.
http://hahrock.net/Forum
www.yeuamnhac.com
Enjoy :thumright:

connit

Post by connit » Dec 9th, '05, 00:37

Hey all !

I'm Viet but my boyfriend is not and he really loves Vietnamese food :) yayyyyyyy. He wants to learn Vietnamese but I don't think I'm a good teacher and as a result, all he knows were " com chien tom, bun thit nuong, pho, anh yeu em hehe" Do you guys know good websites that teach Vietnamese? or where can I download some software teaching Vietnamese.

I would really really appreciate your references !

connit.

To Amulet : I love ur avatar pic ! It's Candy- the orphan girl isnt it? I love Candy too :)

amulet

Post by amulet » Dec 9th, '05, 16:38

to connit : I'm glad you like it . yeah It's really her . :-) I read Candy when i was in a elementery school, couldn't remember how much i cried for her ( silly huh :sweat: ) I felt so sad when she and terry (is his name in engish :unsure: ) wasn't be together. :-(

yinki

Post by yinki » Dec 9th, '05, 19:19

A big Thank to both onizuka79 and amulet for those awesome websites, espeically the vietbiz one. Never would I have thought that there are sites out there that contain viet torrents. I'm in the process of downloading que huong tinh yeu.... right now. So happy, can not wait to watch it!

onizuka79

Post by onizuka79 » Dec 9th, '05, 20:07

yinki wrote:A big Thank to both onizuka79 and amulet for those awesome websites, espeically the vietbiz one. Never would I have thought that there are sites out there that contain viet torrents. I'm in the process of downloading que huong tinh yeu.... right now. So happy, can not wait to watch it!
I forgot to tell you to read the rules, you have to thanks the uploader every time you download a movie! You can find a lot of asian drama, movie subbed or dubbed in vietnamese!

wagws

Post by wagws » Dec 9th, '05, 22:57

Hi everyone, I'm Vietnamese too. Nice to meet all of you.

I'm going back to VN in 2 weeks yayay :wub: :wub: <-- thinking about fresh fruits and food

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 10th, '05, 07:13

hahaha man i love Paris by Night 79! this is the one where i actually like SOME of the songs! lol :D evverything else was boring though :(

surrealistic-destiny

Re: Mot so song cho cac ban

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 10th, '05, 12:09

vmt wrote:Day la mot so bai hat minh hat va thau am
cac ban nghe nha

Tinh Don Phuong

Nguoi Yeu Dau

Di Ve Noi Xa

Sao Em No Danh uen

ohhh, interesting songs. ^____^ :cheers: i will check them out.
sorry my vietnamese isn't that good. >____< and this is a person who did Vietnamese in thier final year. ^^;;

Has anyone heard of the singer Van Quang Long?

LittleTrangie

Post by LittleTrangie » Dec 13th, '05, 02:22

Chào tất cả mọi người!

There are a lot more viet people here then I imagined. I just felt like recommending a good site: maiyeuem.net you can download viet dubbed phim bộ, though there is this money system. But you can download the music for free if you just register. :D

dan12

Post by dan12 » Dec 13th, '05, 17:59

Toi la ngoui vietnam lol my vietnamese is bad period ahah but seriously i dont think vietnamese is a beatuful language. you know the accent is really awful lol i really want to learn korean though even though lol sorry lol but i know the basic of vietnamese to get around, only been ini vietnam once though. by the way check my site hey do u think i look vietnamese
www.myspace.com/717_341_3887

M-Twins

Post by M-Twins » Dec 14th, '05, 04:05

babigrl wrote:hahaha man i love Paris by Night 79! this is the one where i actually like SOME of the songs! lol :D evverything else was boring though :(
Yeah !!! I love Paris by Night too , I don't like their music, it make me feel sleepy but my mother really like their music :roll :roll Mc NGuyen NGoc Ngan and Nguyen Cao Ky Duyen are great ! I love them ....I have a Vietnamese teacher look like and his voice look like Nguyen Ngoc NGan ....^_^

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 14th, '05, 04:34

dan12 wrote:but seriously i dont think vietnamese is a beatuful language. you know the accent is really awful lol i really want to learn korean though even though
thats alright if you think it aint beautiful. I don't think its that much a beautiful language either, but I think its hilarious :lol

What other language can you use food in sentences and it sounds funny? ex: What the Pho.... Pho Q<----you can say it to your teacher and can't get in trouble....at least I think. It isn't profanity though :lol :thumright:

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 14th, '05, 08:12

K.T.Tran

dan12 wrote:

isn't that a bit harsh? Although Vietnamese doesn't sound nice as Chinese or Korean but it is beautiful in its own way. well thats what I think anyways since no language is considered ugly.

*annoyed* sorry ppl for the defensive rant but ever since one of my friends said the Vietnamese language looks funny and it sounds irrating on the ears. *twitches*

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 14th, '05, 08:54

surrealistic-destiny wrote: isn't that a bit harsh? Although Vietnamese doesn't sound nice as Chinese or Korean but it is beautiful in its own way. well thats what I think anyways since no language is considered ugly.

*annoyed* sorry ppl for the defensive rant but ever since one of my friends said the Vietnamese language looks funny and it sounds irrating on the ears. *twitches*
I think Vietnamese sounds better then Chinese and Korean :mrgreen:

hmm.....any language is ugly when one starts shouting and cursing in their native tongue :roll

Its ok. Don't stress it. Feel free to express your thoughts ok :thumright:

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 14th, '05, 09:52

K.T.Tran

thankies.. ^________^

hahahahaah, thats true, about the swearing.

really? I always thought Chinese to sound better or Japanese then again I'm bias =__=;;

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 14th, '05, 10:01

surrealistic-destiny wrote:K.T.Tran

thankies.. ^________^

really? I always thought Chinese to sound better or Japanese then again I'm bias =__=;;
No Problem

hmm......If I was to choose between Chinese and Japanese as to which sounds better, I'd go with Japanese. I guess maybe because I hear it more often, its easier for me to understand :unsure:

But I think Vietnamese and Japanese are the funniest language. Some vietnamese insulting words are funny......like stupid and some phrases like "old man"...."old woman" just sounds funny in Vietnamese
Japanese....you got words like Baka and Aho :lol

dana

Post by dana » Dec 14th, '05, 10:06

Do you guys know any website that is free where i can go and learn Viet language. I think there are some but i lost the web information. IT be nice if they have it. :P

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 14th, '05, 10:22

K.T.Tran wrote:
surrealistic-destiny wrote:K.T.Tran

thankies.. ^________^

No Problem

hmm......If I was to choose between Chinese and Japanese as to which sounds better, I'd go with Japanese. I guess maybe because I hear it more often, its easier for me to understand :unsure:

But I think Vietnamese and Japanese are the funniest language. Some vietnamese insulting words are funny......like stupid and some phrases like "old man"...."old woman" just sounds funny in Vietnamese
Japanese....you got words like Baka and Aho :lol
:lol :lol
thats so true, and the way you say English words in Vietnamese say toilet, sexy..to name a few..listening to my dad speaking in English mixed with Viet while he drinks with hisfriends is funny XDDD

True, Japanese is eaiser then Chinese. I think since its not tonal. Japanese people easily get offended though

dan12

Post by dan12 » Dec 14th, '05, 18:30

lol sorry if i offend you :( yeah it is funny when people start swearing like du ma, especially fobs its an awful slang or swear word iono i think korean is beatiful maybe because im must obsessed with song hye kyo hehe

http://www.myspace.com/717_341_3887

shyne

Post by shyne » Dec 14th, '05, 18:48

I'm viet, too. Though i can only talk fluently.

Truely i like the langage and i think it's really beautiful, but it just happen that some people have a really heavy accent. I don't really like the "north accent"(I think it's call bac or something like that). It sounds kind of mean and loud when they talk. Maybe i'm being paranoid or simply traumatised because some people i know. Well i usually use a mix of "north" and "south"(Nam i think) accent and no i don't rolls my "r". there is another one call "hue" and i know some people talks it and i sounds completely unlike the usual vietnamese there are tons of words i don't understand.

I just realise i've been talking about nothing in particularly interesting. :lol

pipi

Post by pipi » Dec 15th, '05, 02:36

i have north accent and i prefer that rather than south accent, that sometimes annoys me a lot, coz it gives me the "fake" feeling. sorry i mean no offence, that's just the way i feel. And i love Hue's accent. So sweet my goddess:D

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 15th, '05, 06:45

pipi wrote:i have north accent and i prefer that rather than south accent, that sometimes annoys me a lot, coz it gives me the "fake" feeling. sorry i mean no offence, that's just the way i feel. And i love Hue's accent. So sweet my goddess:D
none taken :mrgreen:

hmm....coolest word with the northern accent imo is the word "dad" don't know how to spell it, but it sounds cool :mrgreen:

hmm......I don't like Hue's accent. I can understand Hue people talkin a little bit, but its hard to listen to :crazy:

Miyakisses

Post by Miyakisses » Dec 15th, '05, 06:50

Hi!! wow, i didn't know we had a viet community! Just wanted to say hi to everyone! :D

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 15th, '05, 06:52

Hi :cheers: :cheers:

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 15th, '05, 12:15

dan12 wrote:lol sorry if i offend you :( yeah it is funny when people start swearing like du ma, especially fobs its an awful slang or swear word iono i think korean is beatiful maybe because im must obsessed with song hye kyo hehe

*amused*
Nothing to be sorry for. I was just annoyed thats all. :P
yup yup Korean is a beautiful language, it sounds like Japanese but has a softer feel. XDD
who sings the song? BoA?

Miyakisses hi! welcome! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Miyakisses

Post by Miyakisses » Dec 16th, '05, 04:20

I love how our voices kinda change when we speak different languages. My friend has this deep "i've-reached-puberty" voice when he speaks english, but when we have a conversation in Japanese, it's all cracky, almost squeaky. I don't know if you guys notice it too, but when we speak Vietnamese, our voices are softer and and little higher...And as for Korean (which I agree is a beautiful language), sometimes they make this like almost spitting sound (like they're about to cough up something :blink ) when they're talking about something exciting...i heard it A LOT in Kim Sam Soon and Full House...

Okay, so I have no idea what this post was originally about...i just finish an exam so here I am just ranting...thanks for listening :D

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 16th, '05, 12:21

Miyakisses wrote:I love how our voices kinda change when we speak different languages. My friend has this deep "i've-reached-puberty" voice when he speaks english, but when we have a conversation in Japanese, it's all cracky, almost squeaky. I don't know if you guys notice it too, but when we speak Vietnamese, our voices are softer and and little higher...And as for Korean (which I agree is a beautiful language), sometimes they make this like almost spitting sound (like they're about to cough up something :blink ) when they're talking about something exciting...i heard it A LOT in Kim Sam Soon and Full House...

Okay, so I have no idea what this post was originally about...i just finish an exam so here I am just ranting...thanks for listening :D
thats true. Since I know all "tomboyish" and sacrastic in English, Vietnamese, I'm more softer more girlier *cough* >___< Japanese hmmm lets not go there.

Ahh, the post was about how Vietnamese not being a beautiful language, >__< so of course I had to argue about that XDDDD
ahh how was your exam?

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 19th, '05, 00:56

Off to Vietnam today.

Wanna wish all my fellow Vietnamese folks here a Happy Holiday :mrgreen:

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Dec 19th, '05, 01:19

dan12 wrote:lol sorry if i offend you :( yeah it is funny when people start swearing like du ma, especially fobs its an awful slang or swear word iono i think korean is beatiful maybe because im must obsessed with song hye kyo hehe

what do you mean by especially fobs, it's just that you are used to english that's why when you heard them saying that, you felt more concerned, but think about vietnamese americans who live in the U.S, they also say bad words like: f*ck you, isn't that a awful slang? i doubt it.

kirinonai_shukumei

Re: Mot so song cho cac ban

Post by kirinonai_shukumei » Dec 19th, '05, 01:27

vmt wrote:Day la mot so bai hat minh hat va thau am
cac ban nghe nha

Tinh Don Phuong

Nguoi Yeu Dau

Di Ve Noi Xa

Sao Em No Danh uen

hey!! bai hat khong nghe duoc. :cry:

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Dec 20th, '05, 04:04

Just wanted to say hello :lol I just found this website a couple days ago after watching Densha Otoko and wanted more jdrama. I was born in NV and came to Canada at the age of 7. Currently living in Edmonton, Alberta.

I can understand viet well and speak.. very poorly, kinda embarrassing really. My parents friends all assume I don't understand viet, so it's funny when they start gossiping or talking about me like I wasn't there.

I like anime mostly, but after watching Densha Otoko I've started to look for more jdrama, especially something with Itoh Misaki in it (she's like a goddess :wub: ). I've also watched tons of Chinese drama /w viet subs when I was younger. Not so interested in it anymore tho -_-

skara

Post by skara » Dec 20th, '05, 04:17

Download Ep. 1-15 English hard sub. at http://clubbox.co.kr/tomhhoang
Minh la nguoi Viet cac Ban vao download nghe. Thanks

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 20th, '05, 12:33

Dragoon wrote:Just wanted to say hello :lol I just found this website a couple days ago after watching Densha Otoko and wanted more jdrama. I was born in NV and came to Canada at the age of 7. Currently living in Edmonton, Alberta.

I can understand viet well and speak.. very poorly, kinda embarrassing really. My parents friends all assume I don't understand viet, so it's funny when they start gossiping or talking about me like I wasn't there.

I like anime mostly, but after watching Densha Otoko I've started to look for more jdrama, especially something with Itoh Misaki in it (she's like a goddess :wub: ). I've also watched tons of Chinese drama /w viet subs when I was younger. Not so interested in it anymore tho -_-
hey. Welcome.

hahaha, thats true. About one's folks not thinking your understand viet. I get that too. =___=;;;

what anime do u generally watch?

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Dec 20th, '05, 20:30

hmm to name a few series that i like : cowboy bebop, trigun, gundam seed, naruto, bleach, full metal panic! and full metal alchemist.

was just skimming through some of the posts and someone expressed that they find viet not so beautiful. it is just an opinion and i really think all languages are beautiful, some more then others according to preference ;)

how about we list our viet pet peeves lol

mine : viet songs. i find them terribly boring and not enough diversity, or it could be just the stuff my mom listens too haha.

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 22nd, '05, 00:48

hahah id o n't mean to brag but darn it i'm GOOD at speaking AND writing vietnamese! lol :D

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 22nd, '05, 12:07

Dragoon hey, u listed what I seen too! Well maybe not all =__=;;;; haven't seen BLEACH or Naruto yet. Not sure if I wanna watch Naruto though theres too many esp.
haven't seen FMA either <<;;
gundam seed! yeaaa! i'm currently obessed with that atm.

babigrl thats great, wish I could do that :-(

merry christmas people! Chuc Giang Sinh! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Dec 22nd, '05, 23:50

dont let the number of esp detour you from watching a great series. dont bother watching the filler arcs tho -_-;

cobe3mat

Post by cobe3mat » Dec 23rd, '05, 00:56

Chao moi nguoi! Wow we have alot of Vietnamese on this website. Well I'm Viet and proud to be. I can speak and read Vietnamese, but my writing is very crappy. I haven't been on this site for a while would someone like to recommend some dramas. Thank lots and Merry Christmas! :lol

hanhan

Post by hanhan » Dec 23rd, '05, 03:09

i foung out thta there are lot of viet in her i am proud to be viet
viet dramas are bad they can not compete wiht Chinese , Hongkong , or Taiwanese or korean dramas i hope viet drama will be posted here someday and it will be a great one that we do not want o miss

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Dec 24th, '05, 08:15

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Dec 24th, '05, 09:42

Man, I just got back from Vietnam. One thing's for sure, crossing the road is...um...interesting. I discovered new relatives and got sick at the same time. I tried to avoid getting "the runs" but alas, I got it. Getting sick kinda ruined the trip for me.

Oh yeah and Hi! to all the Viet community at D-Addicts. :thumleft:

tudaobietbuon

Post by tudaobietbuon » Dec 24th, '05, 09:44

you just went back to VN ??? I wanna go back too but kinna scare ...

pipi

Post by pipi » Dec 24th, '05, 10:33

why scare?

aznkoz

Post by aznkoz » Dec 27th, '05, 09:12

~shinigami~ wrote:Man, I just got back from Vietnam. One thing's for sure, crossing the road is...um...interesting. I discovered new relatives and got sick at the same time. I tried to avoid getting "the runs" but alas, I got it. Getting sick kinda ruined the trip for me.

Oh yeah and Hi! to all the Viet community at D-Addicts. :thumleft:
lolz, now u mention that ^^, I remember when i back there last year . I saw those big white guys, have to cross at the white lane for ppl and they have to wave their hand lolz ^^ . yeah, I mean ... it's scary but if u walk in pack and slowly, they wont hit u O_o ... but I am scare too, I mean I saw the car, i wanted to move out u know ... but if u move .... then bam ^^ :P . My cousin is like dont scare :D, I just move with him hehehe :P .
One time, we rent those old van in to go from Saigon back to Vinh Long (my hometown :D) , it was so fun . My grandma said, turn up the air conditioner cuz it was so hot . The driver was like "sorry, grandma, the air conditioner doesnt' work anymore (well cuz it was so damn old lmao), outside air conditioner was better" lolz ^^ .
And then we were in traffic from inside Saigon to outside .... oh man ... those traffic reminded me when I visit my cousin wedding that take place in Vegas and we got to go from Cali to the freeway ... those are scaries traffic jam lolz O_O .
Well this is more crazier cuz these guy just went from one lane and pass everybody (mostly big truck) if they can haha O_O . And then u know , the right side of the road was block but u can still go up there because the block stone is separate, still enough to get on . And then becuz the guy saw a big azz long traffic, he goes over at the right side, and then there were people cleaning and dumping the black thing to make the road (man, I forgot wat they called lolz) . They were all shouted "GET OUT GET OUT, WE ARE CLEANING HERE, THE FRONT IS BLOCK " . The guy keep going but then saw the block up at the front, I was like " sh1t, can u even get down" ..... O_o .. I thought we got stuck up there lolz . And the guy was doing the reverse ^^, and find a place that fit the car to get down ... man ^^ . I think those time are fun :D .
^^ People would ask if I wanna drive in Vn ... I was like ... no lolz, I dont wanna die young haha ^^ . Well at least now I got my cousin to drive me ^^ if I go back :D . We went from the morning till midnight ^^, and I still hyper O_o ... no kidding lolz . i woke up like 6 o'clock, the latest is around 8 o'clock but most of the time I am up before 7 . I mean I was early then most of the people in the house haha, becuz the freaking noise "Ai mua ba'nh ..... ho^ng " ...
yeah, I am hungry cuz u woke me up haha :P . I am a boy but I ate like 4 times a day over there O_O . One is like morning, afternoon, then around 4 or 5pm, and then one at night O_O , and unless I included those time I just go around with my cousin and ate .... anything that look delicious in my vincinity :D .

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Dec 28th, '05, 01:14

oi is there a vietnam melway or street directory online?

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 28th, '05, 12:09

athrunjustice wrote:oi is there a vietnam melway or street directory online?
do we even have one? :unsure:
wait, I think melway only applies to Melbourne, Since in Sydney they called it syway or something..

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Dec 30th, '05, 06:41

surrealistic-destiny wrote:
wait, I think melway only applies to Melbourne, Since in Sydney they called it syway or something..
Are you in Melbourne?

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 30th, '05, 11:53

~shinigami~ wrote: Are you in Melbourne?
eh? :|

yup yup.

why?

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Dec 30th, '05, 13:36

surrealistic-destiny wrote: eh? :|

yup yup.

why?
Oh, I'm just interested in knowing where Australian D-addict members reside in. Just curious is all. :lol

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 31st, '05, 10:36

My fellow Vietnamese buddies. I gotta question.

Any of you guys/girls know a website that does English-Vietnamese Translation and Vica Versa???

I needa be able to read and write vietnamese in order to chat with my family back in Vietnam and also my recieptionists friends (more like sisters now) :mrgreen:

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jan 1st, '06, 09:29

surrealistic-destiny wrote:
NO, i was referrin to does vietnam have a street directory or not?? cose im tryin look for sumthing.

jane

Post by jane » Jan 1st, '06, 18:05

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Su

Post by Su » Jan 1st, '06, 18:39

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Chúc mừng năm mới

vnviolet

Post by vnviolet » Jan 4th, '06, 04:54

i see some ppl here want to learn vn.i found some websites that can help u guys.
http://www.nhandan.com.vn/english/culture/studyvn/
http://www.seasite.niu.edu/vietnamese/V ... ontent.htm