7%
Only if you have time (2)
4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 820

kookygal

Post by kookygal » Dec 19th, '05, 00:17

ooh just finished the last ep and it was pretty good..
but at the end when shuji went to the new school with the new uniform haha i couldnt help but think gokusen?? hahah

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 19th, '05, 00:50

Ok.. this is bad....
It's over... :blink

I will prolly have to schedule an instant re-run on my roomies puter, to force my friends to watch this so I get a legit reason to watch the show over again. :lol

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Dec 19th, '05, 02:13

i liked the fact that akira and shuuji ended up together in the end...
even though akira and shuuji became friends while producing nobuta, overall, the focus was more on her and shuuji than akira... i thought that also kind of showed when he lamented the fact they never called him by his given name... everyone knows akira liked shuuji from the beginning, but you didn't get too many glimpses of akira's importance in shuuji's life from shuuji's point of view... even though he showed that familiar cringe when he first saw akira (lol), i had a feeling he was really glad he was there... i really wanted their friendship to be more in the spotlight throughout...
their beach scene was so awesome, maybe now akira gets a little more attention too... :lol i'm happy for the both of them...
i am a little sad for nobuta too, even though the other classmates like her now, those are still superficial friendships... but just because mariko and her don't share the same interests doesn't mean they can't become close friends...
i had wished for them all to stay together, but akira was my favorite character in this and as long as he is happy, i'm happy... :wub: :lol
and i won't need an excuse to watch this again... and again... and again... :P

boohoo

Post by boohoo » Dec 19th, '05, 02:39

Bitter Sweet.
I like the ending!
its sad they had to part in the end
but shuji was not alone, that's nobuta giving away her happiness to make the ones most important to her happy.

i really liked this series. it was quirky and not your average high drama. I'm quite glad it turned out to be about friendship, learning how to love and changing yourself to a better person.

Guess i'll be re-watching this sometime soon...

mmm, yes the wet scene. darn i'm so sekbi, shirahime haha i so noticed that too..hahaha...

REIRA

Post by REIRA » Dec 19th, '05, 02:39

First of all, I'm sorry for my bad english..I hope everyone can understand :P
After watching ep.10, I really think was a bad choice to left Nobuta alone. But a very important thing in this ep. is the moment she can't choose one or the other as the most important person in her life. If she remained with Akira, it could seem kind of a
choice.Of course, it's not a voluntary choice, but it probably let the audience think there'll be sort of romantic development between Nobuta and Akira.
But this dorama is clearly about friendship, so I think this is the right way to make it ending.
I loved the scene on the sea shore..

flcia

Post by flcia » Dec 19th, '05, 02:55

anyone know what other jdrama akame is in thats good?

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Dec 19th, '05, 03:06

shirahime wrote:I love the last beach scene where Akira jumped on Shuji's back and Shuji was grabbing Akiras butt but well I guess that's another story.
I love the ending, it represent beautiful friendship and I don't care that none of them got the girl. :w00t:
^AHAHAHA OMG SHIRAHIME AND BOOHOO....I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THAT PART AND LOVED IT. *dies* <3333333333333333 (Although I am a total AKAME shipper, I couldn't help but love the SHUJIxAKIRA-ness. <3)

@kookygal: I THOUGHT THAT TOO. LOL. The uniforms! <3

Anyways...some thoughts:
I LOVE the ending. I'm glad to see that the story really is about true friendship and being true to oneself. I wouldn't have liked this dramas as much if it had focused on romantic feelings (I never did like the fact that Akira "liked/loved" Nobuta. It was weird to me. Personally, I would have liked it if Shuji and Akira ended up together...but that's another story. ^^;;; ). Anyways...I think they could have had a better resolution to Akira's "jealously" towards Shuji and Nobuta's "relationship" though. I got lost with that.

Anyways....I nearly cried during the end. Nearly. I loved this episode, and now with both this and HYD ended....my weekends are going to be boring! T_T <3333

NOBUTA POWER ENTER! ^_^

boohoo

Post by boohoo » Dec 19th, '05, 03:40

BokuWaShinigami do you know what, i can see some really good fanvids made from clips in Nobuta...Totally KamePi orientated...hahahaha...

Oh yes i too would like to know where to get my hands on the english translation of nobuta...if there is such a thing...

the chinese trans for those who wanna know... yesasia link

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 19th, '05, 03:50

ok, this is my 200th post amd i'm really glad it goes to this thread :roll

well i've just finished the drama and my friend's just called to tell me my class was cancelled so i'm free to write the comment for last episode now :lol
the ending surprises me. i don't know if i like or hate the ending... yep it's wierd to have akira moving there just to be with shuuji :blink

but to think again ... that's a good way to solve all things coz shuuji is the loneliest person from the begining and when he had to move, he'd become lonelier. what shuuji wants in this drama is a FRIEND .. so there he got one by his side.

then nobuta. yeah the annoying part in the ending is that she was left behind. i feel so sad for her. but seeing her doing well with mariko relieve me. makiro is great and i'm sure she'll be a good friend to nobuta.

remember the part where nobuta tell the two that she would do anything shuuji asked .. that's impressed me :-) and telling akira to transfer to shuuji's new school is the best thing she could do for him. but by doing that, she's left alone. well even it's sad, it suited the point that in the begining nobuta can't be on her own and now she can
i guess ... i love this dorama :wub:

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Dec 19th, '05, 04:01

boohoo wrote:BokuWaShinigami do you know what, i can see some really good fanvids made from clips in Nobuta...Totally KamePi orientated...hahahaha...
^Ahahahhaaha! I can see those too now that you mention it! <333 I hope to see some sometime in the future! XD OrmaybeI'llmakeone...whoknows? ^_~

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 19th, '05, 05:07

^ I was disturbed to see this in the finale, but I know a few girls loved it:
In the end, at the beach, Shuuji totally grabbed Akira's butt, while he's on top of Shuuji :blink

Now that I think of it, Kamenashi showed a lot of disrespect for YamaP. It must have been tough sometimes when he had to push his major Senpai in JE around.

About the final episode:
The classmates were so sweet with taking the pictures. What a great bunch of friends! I'm so jealous. I was really surprised no one ended up with Nobuta in the end. But then again, I should've seen it coming with the ending theme song by "Shuuji and Akira".

Speaking of ending credits, I was like マジの助!?(Majinosuke) when it started playing. I was absolute shocked that they showed the same one as every other episode. I think this is the first time I've seen this out of 30+ series I've seen. Usually they have a little epilogue while credits scrolling up, or in some rarer cases, extended version of regular one that makes sense in the final episode, or a collection of memorable scenes. Maybe they ran out of time trying to meet the deadline :glare:
Don't you just love this time of each season, when it's time for dorama finales? Leaves us with a fuzzy feeling of sadness to say goodbye to our favorite characters, while happy and excited for a great ending. 1 Littoru no Namida next~ :mrgreen:

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 19th, '05, 05:33

Kathleen wrote:
sadotsu wrote:I disagree.
I thought the ending was perfect. I ddin't want the show to end in a romantic way, the friendship of Shuuji and Akira was much more important and meaningful to the story than their feelings for each other. Personally, I didn't like the character of Nobuta at all. The actress rubbed me the wrong way, and the character was completely weak and useless. Shuuji and Akira leaving Nobuta was a smart thing to do.
Lol, as for the romance, I never said I hoped for a romantic ending. I only previously pointed out I'd rather have Akira get the girl IF someone was to end up with her that is, but that's another story. I'm fine with an ending that depicts a strong, tight friendship as well. But I think the whole time it seemed like that friendship was between the three of them and not only between Akira and Shuuji. Even though I kind of agree and Nobuta is really weak and sometimes kind of irritating, too I think she isn't worthless or useless as no human being is as long as there is someone they care for.
I don't think that leaving her behind was a smart but a cold-hearted and selfish thing. :( You should use spoiler tags btw.
Now that I think of it, ending was pretty perfect, and fit the title: "Nobuta。wo Produce" since both of them leaving her and her being able to smile shows that this mission/game is accomplished.
From episode 5, "I wanted to see her laugh so hard that tears flow out of her eyes at seemingly lame things like an average girl". The real goal of this mission was to produce her into more of an "average girl", or a "girl who belongs". She showed us that she didn't need to depend on her producers anymore to be truly happy and belong.

Amrai

Post by Amrai » Dec 19th, '05, 06:06

Uwaa~ Sayounara, Shuuji to Akira to Nobuta. Hopefully YamaPi's new drama will be decent... but his character really seems one sided again (Popular actor who starts falling in love with a model/actress, but has a different model/actress as a girlfriend... :glare: ).
Haha, the Gokusen uniforms... even the pin sort of looked like it too. But I guess they were trying to get the feeling of a place where trends don't change as much... looked like Okinawa..

I don't know what to think about him moving... and Akira following. I agree in that it showed that the producers could leave Nobuta without any problems. I was expecting Akira to move though, after that whole conversation with the tofu ojisan.

Mariko and Nobuta can still be friends.. who says that friends have to have the same interests? Jeez. I have friends that I share nearly nothing in common with. Shuuji and Akira don't have much in common either (but now that I think about it, what are their interests anyways?)

What was with that broken twig thing? I understood the whole thing, but Shittaka? WTH? It might have been the goyukudo (sp.?) man, but that doesn't make sense either. From the way Nobuta laughed when Akira asked, I just got more confused.
One of the most memorable dramas ever. It really wouldn't have been the same without YamaPi though... I really came to like him as an actor after Nobuta. wo Produce. Hopefully he'll get good parts like this instead of the [cool laid-back] guy or [the cute *cough*Shittaka*cough*-ish] guy. I don't know if I'd watch a second season.... probably just for Akira *shock* Hahaha. What animal would be next? Hitsuji.(sheep) wo Produce?
Nobuta. wo Produce 2 would just be lame.

sweetxvanilla

Post by sweetxvanilla » Dec 19th, '05, 06:44

T__T are there subtitles for this episode tho?
-is dying to dl it - T__T

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Dec 19th, '05, 06:49

i LOVE this drama! so sad that it has ended...
had fun reading everyone's comments and spoilers
shuuji to akira to nobuta banzai!

sharonfruits

Post by sharonfruits » Dec 19th, '05, 07:00

This is soooo sad,it ended....what am i going to do now?the last episode was really touching...so happy about it(but it ended ..*sob*).i'm really happy that this show didn't follow the Love-romance story thing,but it's just about shuji,akira and nobuta's strong friendship.this show really touch me,and i learned something from this show.Thank you all so much for bringing this wonderful show to me...and thanks to Dancestar24 for the subs...really greatful,and i had fun in this forum..

Bye~~~~~*sob*......nobuta power....'chu'

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 19th, '05, 07:12

Great ending ... definitely on my most memorable dorama list ...

NOBUTA POWAAAHH!!

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Dec 19th, '05, 07:16

last episode.... is sooo goood
::cries::

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 19th, '05, 07:45

with the spoiler or rumor out, i was definitely expecting a different feel for the ending. i'm happy it ended somewhat completed.. but also kind of not.

i had a feeling shuji and akira would be together but that was only because of the whole "shuji to akira". i don't know.. that's all i can really say.. i just don't know.

i think the ending would have been a little more beautiful if the 3 of them could have been friends. throughout the entire series i always thought of the 3 of them as true friends.. but then it's shuji and akira.. but yet nobuta is connected in a way (laughing cloud). so.. it's.. ???? i don't know. :blink

conflicting emotions i suppose.

enkhee

Post by enkhee » Dec 19th, '05, 07:47

i don't think i've ever watched anything as memorable as Nobuta. wo Produce ... the perfect ending to a perfect story
except the part where Akira moves instantly to Shuji's new school [absolutely no problem with him moving] without regards to his parents or his school or anything except Shuji [again, absolutely no problem to THAT ^_^;]

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 19th, '05, 08:14

nande, nande? I can feel water on my eyes :cry: Nothing tragic happened...really.
But the fact that it ended makes me wanna cry to my heart's content.
What a nice, heartwarming drama. Ah, it brings back some high school memories. It's great to have friends, ne.
But goodbyes are sometimes inevitable. I'm just glad the rumor about Shuji's death was left out. Or was it really in the book? :hissy: I worried for nothing. Sheesh. :sweat: Shuji is fine~~ He's with Akira^_^ Now I can put my mind to rest. :mrgreen:
Thanks again to dancestar for subbing this great dorama!! :clap:

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Dec 19th, '05, 08:34

hi there

i like the idea of :cheers: friendship here

am sick of love love love :glare:

i like the piggies :wub: Kawaiiiii

and the story line remind me

of Perfect girl evolution manga or wallflower the new name for it

it is just the same idea with some changes

all in all

i like nobuta wa produce :thumright:

have fun

cya all

^_^

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Dec 19th, '05, 09:21

Amrai wrote:Uwaa~ Sayounara, Shuuji to Akira to Nobuta. Hopefully YamaPi's new drama will be decent... but his character really seems one sided again (Popular actor who starts falling in love with a model/actress, but has a different model/actress as a girlfriend... :glare: ).
:offtopic: ummmm, what new drama? share, share.... :blink like... RIGHT NOW!!!! :lol
links? previews? pictures? ANYTHING???
/me goes to take her pills... :P

but seriously... i do wanna know just in case that message didn't make it across... 8) :lol

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Dec 19th, '05, 09:43

ironicwave wrote:
Amrai wrote:Uwaa~ Sayounara, Shuuji to Akira to Nobuta. Hopefully YamaPi's new drama will be decent... but his character really seems one sided again (Popular actor who starts falling in love with a model/actress, but has a different model/actress as a girlfriend... :glare: ).
:offtopic: ummmm, what new drama? share, share.... :blink like... RIGHT NOW!!!! :lol

but seriously... i do wanna know just in case that message didn't make it across... 8) :lol
ME TOOOO!!!!!! XD

Nobuta... ^^
I really like that end.
I was afraid Shuuji would just start his normal gae thing again... It seems he really wanted to, though he knows this would just leave him without any friends at the end. It's great that Akira is there to save him.
Also because Nobuta really is the strongest one and can make it alone... and now she has Mariko with her.
I was so afraid that the end would be horrible and all about some love triangle and stuff, but I'm relaly happy with it. It makes it a really great and amazing drama!!

enkhee

Post by enkhee » Dec 19th, '05, 09:46

didn't know Akira appeared on so many doramas before ... Dragon Zakura any good?
soooo glad Shuji didn't die ... i was almost NOT gonna watch the last ep ... sike
did he really die in the book?

Sofyx

Post by Sofyx » Dec 19th, '05, 09:55

i was somewhat hoping shuji would stay :(

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 19th, '05, 11:11

uniform thing...
Amrai wrote:
Haha, the Gokusen uniforms... even the pin sort of looked like it too. But I guess they were trying to get the feeling of a place where trends don't change as much... looked like Okinawa..
anyone remember that in Gokusen 2's last scene, yankumi is on the beach looking for her new school she was assigned to?

probably the same school here in Nobuta. wo produce lol :lol

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 19th, '05, 11:37

enkhee wrote:didn't know Akira appeared on so many doramas before ... Dragon Zakura any good?
soooo glad Shuji didn't die ... i was almost NOT gonna watch the last ep ... sike
did he really die in the book?
Dragon Zakura is so nice (Abe Hiroshi and Hasegawa Kyoko) but unfortunately we'll have to wait for PBF to release the rest of the series. I'm so impatient though :P

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Dec 19th, '05, 11:42

this one got mee al the way TILL the ending the ending just sucked for me.. i was hoping for a "better" ending.. <-- would type why but i dont want to post spoilers.. and dont know if there is a spoiler tag to use..
so to me everything BUT the ending was awesome..thats what killed the 4 vote for me..
to me life altering would be densha otoko or 1 litre of tears! these are the benchmarks ive set so far.. if you know of any others.. please let me know!

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Dec 19th, '05, 11:45

i also agree with jaycee05... DANCESTAR.. THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH FOR THE QUICK AND RELIABLE SUBS.. YOURE AWESOME!!
id like to add also THANKS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT UPLOADED AS WELL...

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 19th, '05, 11:52

dee8o8 wrote:this one got mee al the way TILL the ending the ending just sucked for me.. i was hoping for a "better" ending.. <-- would type why but i dont want to post spoilers.. and dont know if there is a spoiler tag to use..
so to me everything BUT the ending was awesome..thats what killed the 4 vote for me..
to me life altering would be densha otoko or 1 litre of tears! these are the benchmarks ive set so far.. if you know of any others.. please let me know!
spoiler tag is in there when you click on post reply instead of using the fast reply. Or you can add it manually ['spoiler']['/spoiler/] without the quotes and I do agree with NWP, it's not a life altering series but yet a beautiful show that can be appreciate.

shime

Post by shime » Dec 19th, '05, 11:55

The ending was okay. I psyched myself up for a really really good ending, but it was decent. I think Akira is insane for following Shuji. I thought it was cute though. Maybe not going for something realistic, but just to show the audience the friendship. I'm disappointed that they left Nobuta behind, but that cloud thing was cute. I'd be more coherant but I woke up early to watch Nobuta and now I have to go to school. :lol

To be honest, I teared up a little bit. But not as bad as I thought I would. :D

Jeshka

Post by Jeshka » Dec 19th, '05, 12:20

I watched the final episode first in Japanese, and I was so disappointed with the ending-but, thanks to the fabulous subbing, alot was cleared up and I couldn't be happier with the finale...I laughed and cried and realized how grateful I am for all the wonderful friends I've made over the years--some that are still with me, and some who have drifted away but have left lasting impressions and fond memories...

rdoll

Post by rdoll » Dec 19th, '05, 13:05

It has ended. The only thing that I can say about it ending is *Akiraaaa shock!!!!*. It was so YAOI. It's like reading the end of yaoi manga. :O

The episode was good actually. We can see that Nobuta has forgive Aoi, Mariko and Shuji start to smile again with each other. Shuji knows that Akira knew about the picture of him and Nobuta. And Shuji decided to move eventhough he can stay. But Akira following Shuji screw it all. It makes the rumored ending(Shuji dies) was much more interesting.

Anyway, it can be worst. So Nobuta wo Produce will still be my 2nd favourite jdrama for this season. Every episode was worth to watch. And thanks for the subbers for subbing this series. Honto arigatou.

flcia

Post by flcia » Dec 19th, '05, 13:43

anyone can recommend me other jdrama with the guy who plays shuji??
hehe~

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 19th, '05, 13:47

flcia wrote:anyone can recommend me other jdrama with the guy who plays shuji??
hehe~
Take a look at his wiki entry: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kamenashi_Kazuya

boohoo

Post by boohoo » Dec 19th, '05, 14:24

BokuWaShinigami wrote:
boohoo wrote:BokuWaShinigami do you know what, i can see some really good fanvids made from clips in Nobuta...Totally KamePi orientated...hahahaha...
^Ahahahhaaha! I can see those too now that you mention it! <333 I hope to see some sometime in the future! XD OrmaybeI'llmakeone...whoknows? ^_~
hahaha..i would like to request one...i can image all the rabu rabu scenes throughout nobuta... Mostly Akira grabbing, pouting at Shuji..kekeke...darn one of my fav scene must be the rooftop declaration of love..hahhah...u know which one i'm going on about...that got me going in fits of laughter!! kekeke...

8thsin well, u see akira did most on the grabbing, so shuji pay him pack once isnt too much..kekekeke...its weird how Pi is only a year older but much of a bigger senpai...

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Dec 19th, '05, 15:04

One of the sweetest dramas on friendship I have ever seen. No complications from love, or triangle love makes this triangle friendship pure. The ending is also one of the nicest, although quite a surprise. I rate it a 4, the highest I normally give for a drama.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Dec 19th, '05, 17:05

Really like this drama, mainly because it wasn't all that serious but at times it could be if it needed to be.
I liked the ending too even though there was that thing with [Nobuta being left alone, though I guess that shows how much she had changed and it makes sense after she said Shuji was the loneliest of them all].

All round it was a nice drama to watch with great characters :)

jica

Post by jica » Dec 19th, '05, 19:03

Last episode!!!!!!! :cry:
I must say I totally loved the ending. I didn't expect it this way at all.

The focus on the friendship over romance, all the way till the end...

Though it was sad that they left Nobuta behind, both of them, I think it would've be sadder if just Shuji had left alone, cause then he would have left them behind him, moving away to a new life, the two of them in memories... In this way, all of them are going to have new starts. Nobuta has now learnt how to laugh, be more open, make friends. I think she and Mariko will become friends, and that Nobuta will make other friends too, true friends..

And for Shuji and Akira, it was so sweet when Akira followed Shuji to the new school. I kind of felt Shuji's nervousity when he entered that classroom... I know that feeling too well. And then suddenly, he saw someone very familiar... he acts cool and things, but I think he really was happy to see Akira. To be free like Akira, to be able to do whatever he wants. If Shuji can't do what he wants, then Akira does it instead... He doesn't have those bonds that Shuji has. Akira's awesome... :roll

I don't that they thought of Nobuta as a project in the end(or in the most parts in the drama). She's really precious to them. But I think between Shuji and Akira there's another kind of friendship. Then also, Nobuta said that Shuji is indeed the most lonely of them all... but I think that Akira is lonely too. Both Akira and Shuji needs each other, more than Nobuta needs them. Now they have the possibility to develop their friendship.

It's just too sad that this is the end of the drama. A good ending though. I wasn't disappointed. And I don't want a sequel either. :blink Maybe that's just me. But right now I just want to watch new dramas with Kame and YamaPi :mrgreen:

Tetsu87

Post by Tetsu87 » Dec 19th, '05, 19:49

Quote:私はジャニーズのファンで、山Pと亀梨君と中島君が出るということで、野ブタ。を見始めました。内容は予想以上におもしろく、最終回は本当に感動しました!今では野ブタ。に出ているキャスト皆さんのファンです!特に修二がイジメられてるところはなぜか、野ブタがイジメられてるよりも、悲しかったです。そして掘北さんはとても演技がうまくてすごいなぁ~と思いました。これからもおもしろい&感動のドラマよろしくおねがいします!!

Yeah I agree!
It is a really great dorama. Keep going! And thank you really much for providing the RAW's and subs! you are the best!
After I watched the last episode I kinda begun crying... too short dorama with such great actors. It was always fun watching. Gonna watch it again and again in vacations. :D

jica

Post by jica » Dec 19th, '05, 20:49

Added some pics...

Spoilers!!

sometimes it would be nice to have a big brother like this....

This place is cool =)

YamaPi is indeed more goodlooking than Kame.... :unsure:
Though I will still cheer for Kame as my favourite actor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aku

Post by Aku » Dec 19th, '05, 21:16

Wow..its actually over. I watched it a bit later than most people so I guess everythings pretty much been said, but these are my few thoughts! :D

I didnt like the ending. :-( (yeah, I cried a bit when Nobuta went running and then stopped coz they werent gonna be there..and later with her alone on the roof too) I know it focused more on friendship than romance, and I liked that..I was rooting for that since I didnt want either Shuji, Akira or Nobuta to be unhappy. BUT leaving Nobuta alone was just cruel (on the part of the writers). :cry: I agree with everything everyone wrote so far : shes the strongest out of them and Shuji really couldnt be alone and the whole symbolism thing of how 'find two of the same and you'll be happy' where Nobuta 'gives' akira to him..its all great, but every episode so far has been so amazing, and always about the three of them together, that I WISH they'd changed the end a little bit so that all 3 could have been together somehow. Even just a small scene in the future where they're applying to the same university from wherever they are could have been nice.

Sniff. But since its not to be..

I LOVED that Akira followed him. I mean, why not? They're best buds!

I'm glad Shuji didnt start his game thing again (although I think that was meant to be a little deeper here..like life is a game and you shouldnt give up in the middle if something goes wrong).

The beach scene - he was just grabbing Akira to keep him from falling .. :P

Akira shooooooooooock..lol!!! I loved that roof scene too. Poor guy..honestly..they didnt know his name? And the whole Nobuta scaring him with AKIRA! hehe..

Mariko - beautiful closing with her..

Okay, will stop rambling. Loved this series!!

Dancestar, if you're reading this, thanks a billion for the speediest subs I've ever come across. A lot of the fun in watching this was because we got to see it weekly and were able to discuss it along the way. :)

mms

Post by mms » Dec 19th, '05, 23:51

i like the drama. overall was great. 3 thumbs up! a bit slow n overacted in the first 2 eps. but then it gets way better along with nobuta getting kawaiier n even more more kawaiier,.. n the 2 lead actors ain't that bad either. they put some romance between the three, left me hoping n guessing if sth would come out of it, but in the end, it shows that the theme is really more on overcoming life's obstacles n how important frenship is than romance. wahh, makes me thinks of my best frens, now we're separated all over the world... like nobuta.. across the ocean far.

nobuta is geil kawaii! :w00t: :salut:

byecycle!

vis

Post by vis » Dec 20th, '05, 01:19

I loved the ending XD
Although it was sad that Nobuta was left on her own, she's indeed stronger than Shuji... he's someone who always feels alone and keeps most things inside himself... thus he really needs the other two (or at least one of them).

I never thought it would end like this and I must say that I like it lots better than Shuji moving, akira and nobuta stays behind, end (blah to that).

Totally loved it when Akira followed Shuji to that new school XD But yeah I miss the three of them together (they are THE trio) but if they had to split up I think this was the best way. Nobuta seems to be doing fine on her own now ^^ I don't think that she got abandoned... I mean it was her own idea to begin with, she wouldn't have suggested it if she couldn't handle akira moving to shuji's school. She considers both to be her most important ppl and knows that Shuji alone there, among strangers, would probably feel miserable... after all she knows him well. I think it was a very kind gesture from her side... Very nobuta-like ^^ She taught Shuji a lot in being who she is~~ Also loved when she smiled at the sky and Shuji commenting on how a cloud or something looked as if it was smiling XD I hope they'll all get to meet each other again in the future ^^

Anyway, I was very pleased with the ending XD and will rewatch them all pretty soon ^_____^
And yes, great thanx to dancerstar who didn't let us wait long for the subs *awesome work!* We're forever grateful XD

Kimika

Post by Kimika » Dec 20th, '05, 02:09

Waaaah, I JUST watched the ending since I had to study for finals over the weekend... ;__; But just... wow. It seemed more like an denouement than anything else, with episode 9 being the real climax. Though I was hoping for something else to happen in this last episode, I'm very very pleased with it.

Though everyone's probably shared similar thoughts, here's mine!
I think the story of Nobuta. wo Produce was mainly friendship with romance thrown in as a fun counterpart. Even though I'm sad that Shuuji and Akira left Nobuta behind, I think the two of them suited each other best. And it seems they've done all they really could to really help Nobuta, and now they're leaving her on her to fend for herself, which she's doing rather well.
Also, it seems that the two of them, Shuuji and Akira, not only can live anywhere, but together they'll be able to affect and change the lives of all kinds of people. With Nobuta being just a first. I somehow get that feeling from the ending and the fact that they've left Nobuta behind...

The very last scene was... interesting. The narrating was very touching and meaningful, but the blatant ass-grope that Shuuji laid on Akira was just plain fanservice. xD And playing in the water in wintertime?! I wonder how they even managed to film that. Johnny fanservice galore, indeed! (Though I'm realllly not starting to mind the yaoi ;o)
I do hope that Kamenashi Kazuya and Yamashita Tomohisa (sorry I don't know their nicknames... ;-; ) work together again in the future, they make a really nice combi. ^^

Anybody else not afraid to admit to crying during this episode? I can proudly admit that I blubbered like the world was ending. ~_~;
Last edited by Kimika on Dec 20th, '05, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

wlm

Post by wlm » Dec 20th, '05, 02:19

Whoa Just watched the last episode altought lil emotional the ending was awesome. haha shuji and akira now in the same skool thats scene smack it
And Thanks to dancestar for the subs

renney_lim

Post by renney_lim » Dec 20th, '05, 04:12

Fiuhh..i finally watched the last episode... dunno why..i wanna cry at the end.. :cry: but on the other side, i just feel happy...coz i feel that the end is just the BEST for the three of them...

**i wish i can see kame n yamapi in other drama again...they did best in nobuta...**

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 20th, '05, 04:14

LOL i cant see why some ppl didnt like this ending!! i mean it was great!! smth that u could expect from Nobuta wo Produce! im glad how they didnt choose love over friendship :roll after all the love part ,like sm1 said, was a fun element in the drama.... however unlike other dramas, u wont see friends fightin with each other, gettin over jealous and stuff over love in NwP.... which is what makes it one of the best dramas ever :wub:
i think its not that bad leavin nobuta behind... shes stronger now... and shes making friends.... she has to be independent on her own... besides, shuji and akira are two best buddies and seeing them not being seperated in the end makes it much more heart warming ^^ :wub: and even tho they leave nobuta behind now, but its not the end yet... someday they will surely meet again... friendship is forever, right
im very glad to see this ending.... couldnt be better... im kind of hoping for a sequel... but then im kind of not.... cuz most sequels rnt good... besides maybe leavin the trio this way is best after all... :lol

sasorisa

Post by sasorisa » Dec 20th, '05, 04:35

Didn't read all the post above really so I can't say whether I agree with the majority or not. I started watching this drama because of YamaPi, I think he's adorable. However, what with TWO Johnny Jr's as the stars, I did not expect too much from it. Overall, I still think that it was only an OK drama but it had some very poignant parts. And poignant they are... As for the finale...
I really enjoyed the ending. It was touching and sad at the same time. I almost, almost choked up a bit. I agree that it was the right decision for Akira to follow Shuji. Nobuta encourage him to do so, and thus showing that she can stand on her own. Plus, how else are they supposed to release all the Shuji to Akira crap? They had one of the best selling singles of 2005! Ah, they sure do know how to market to fangirls!

pifernac

WHO IS THIS GIRL?

Post by pifernac » Dec 20th, '05, 04:44

HELP ME PLEASE.... MY BOYFRIEND AND ME ARE IN DESAGREMENT ABOUT "WHO IS THIS GIRL?"
HE SAID "SHE IS MARIKO"
AND I SAID "SHE IS AOI"

WELL.... FINALLY.... WHO IS THIS GIRL?

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 20th, '05, 04:46

@pifernac: Your bf should get glasses, because that's definitely Aoi... :lol

baoi

Post by baoi » Dec 20th, '05, 04:51

she is Aoi.

I really didn't know her part in the whole movie..
Well, what i mean is i still don't understand why she is mean..

pifernac

THANK...

Post by pifernac » Dec 20th, '05, 04:55

THANKKKKK YOUUUUU.....
MY BOYFRIEND DIDN´T BELIVE ME WHEN I SAID "SHE IS AOI".
THEN WE HAD A " SMALL FIGHT" FOR THIS TOPIC.... NOW... HE MUST REQUEST FOR MY FORGIVEN... (I DON´T KNOW IS THIS CORRECT, MY INGLISH ISN´T VERY GOOD)

Amrai

Off-Topic

Post by Amrai » Dec 20th, '05, 05:02

ironicwave wrote:

Yeah, I know it's offtopic, but most people fell in love with Akira... so I'll reply... haha. Click on the spoiler box for info about it. Not really a spoiler, but it won't annoy people who don't care as much.
:offtopic:
Supposedly it's called "Actress" and starts in January. It has Matsushima Nanako (played Doumyouj Tsubaki in HYD) and Abe Hiroshi, as well as YamaPi, but his role is rather small. Pi-chan plays an actor who falls in love with Matsushima, causing his girlfriend to have bitter thoughts towards Matsushima's character (Kitahara Reika).

His character's name is still under controversy since it hasn't started yet and I haven't seen any previews of it yet.. but it has been translated as Sudou Ken/Kengo. There's not much else I really know about it... but I'm sure jdorama has people searching for tidbits about it..

Yukster

Post by Yukster » Dec 20th, '05, 11:59

baoi wrote:she is Aoi.

I really didn't know her part in the whole movie..
Well, what i mean is i still don't understand why she is mean..
Aoi's role in the series is sort of a foil to Nobuta. She is just like Nobuta in a way, very lonely and unsure of herself, but expresses it in a different way. The way she expresses it is very destructive...

I thought the ending was great, I love the way they wrapped it up... Typical Jdrama, it starts off slow, but they end it great!

My favorite part, and I think it really summarizes the entire series is the following (spoiler):
The time Shuji was at his old school, after the "beach date" with Mariko, where he saw Nobuta and Mariko talking together...

"Gatto de saigo ni mita no wa Nobuta to Mariko ga tanoshiku shiteru fuukei datta. Sore wa nadaka totemo... totemo shiawase na kimochi ni shite kureta..."

Translated: The last thing I saw at school was Mariko and Nobuta talking together, laughing... When I saw that, I felt very much at peace..."

I like how the character developed, from a self absorbed phony, to someone that cares for other people...
[/spoiler]

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 20th, '05, 13:08

mms wrote:byecycle!
bye-byecycle!

airskape

Post by airskape » Dec 20th, '05, 15:55

very nice series! :D
loved watching it

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 20th, '05, 18:39

haha i like that bye bye cycle too LMAO so funny

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 20th, '05, 19:59

great ending, shuji and akira are ready for another producing after successing with nobuta who now is a new person who dares to smile =D

and i dont find it very strange how akira could end up in the same class, i mean hes the son of a bigsomethingwithpower and could just have arranged it.

Tetsu87

Post by Tetsu87 » Dec 20th, '05, 22:15

I'm still wondering btw who the most important person for the book shop owner is, who broke the branch after Nobuta did so... xD

Miyoubi

Post by Miyoubi » Dec 20th, '05, 22:34

I've just watched ep 10, and I must confess this has been the best dorama of the season and definitely one of the best, if not the best, doramas I've seen so far, and I've seen many.
The end has left me a bit ?????? like I didn't expect it to end like that at all (it's not the same end as in the novel). Well, you already could expect the "let's say bye to Shuuji" thing from the previous ep, but... Akira going with him? That was totally unexpected. I like very much the feelings and learnings you can find in this dorama. I feel a bit bad about Nobuko, who lost the two of them, but I see it this way:

Nobuta had achieved the stable state she was searching for, and so from now on she doesn't need Shuuji and Akira's support as much as before. It's more like it's Shuuji who needs someone that really cares about him beside him. I mean, you can guess he was going to develop a personality quite similar to that one he had in the beginning, when he was super popular, in his new school, because he said those things like "the new me will never fall", trying to act cool and create a new facade. But then, when he sees Akira (I also thought it was an illusion, something not so far from this dorama concept ^^U), his false self falls down and returns to what he really is: a guy not so perfect that can perfectly show his weaknesses in front of others. The beginning of his new life seemed the same as it was in the first ep till Akira appears. That means, Shuuji needs someone like Akira to be over him all the time to be himself? At least temporarily. Nobuta, who understands Shuuji well, might already knew the kind of reaction he was going to develop, and so she wanted to send Akira to him. Whose was, at last, the idea of producing Nobuta?...

Marymaru

Post by Marymaru » Dec 21st, '05, 00:24

I finished ep 10 yesterday night. It's one of the best dorama I've seen in a long time. The storyline was so refreshing. I was a bit upset that it ended so soon, but all in all, they did a great job of giving the viewers closure at the end.

I really want to tell you guys what I think of the ending but i'm not sure how to make it hidden. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so if you guys can help me out, that would be awesome. I'm relatively new at this so please bear with me in the future

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 21st, '05, 00:29

@Marymaru: Just select the text that you want to hide and then click the "Spoiler" button.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 21st, '05, 01:58

^ Just to add to what gryzze said, the spoiler button is not availabe if you use the "Quick Reply" box. You need to actually hit the "Post Reply" or preview your quick reply post to see it. Otherwise, just enclose the text you want to be hidden in the following tags:
Hide me!
becomes:
Hide me!

babo_ck

Post by babo_ck » Dec 22nd, '05, 04:57

i LOVE LOVE THIS DRAMA :D im terribly sad that it has ended i want to cry tho :cry: :cry:
at first i wasnt satisfied with the ending but reading some of these replies i really do see that it is a good ending. i forgot who said this but i see how it was good that kame n yamapi left nobuta and that this story was about friendship with love as entertainment. im really glad that they didnt turn out to be a love triangle cuz then this story wouldnt have been as great as it is. i was really curious to see wut yamapi felt bout kame n nobuta hugging but im glad that friendship is more powerful than love. i think this jdorama is a LIFE ALTERING drama to me. it is up there with my name is kim sam soon to me as top fav asian dramas. i think differently on friendship and life.

IM SO SAD THIS DRAMA IS DONE :cry: :cry: :cry: i want to cry with tears of sadness and mourning but also with happiness. also im glad im not the only one who noticed that butt grabbing moment at the end. :P im not a pervert then.
NOBUTA POWER ENTER so i can get over nobuta wo produce. bi-bi-bicycle to my fav japanese drama. :salut:

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Dec 22nd, '05, 06:36

=OO Look everyone! My older sister HAS ALWAYS HAD ONE OF THOSE AWESOME CHILEAN BUTA CHARMS that was featured in episode 8! I just realized it when I was watching that episode.

Being the BEST nee-san ever...SHE GAVE IT TO ME when I mentioned it!! =DDDD

It's even cuter in real life (as opposed to in the drama)!

Image (Underside View)

Note: The tag on the underside of the buta charm (the third picture) says "Made in Chile". =D

godmode

Post by godmode » Dec 22nd, '05, 07:15

can someone explain what happened in the novel. or the differences between the drama and the novel?

JC

Post by JC » Dec 23rd, '05, 05:52

The ending made me shed a couple o' tears - I won't deny that. :lol

The ending was so emotional, I was just like "Nobuta's on her own!!!" The girl that plays her is a damn good lil' actress though. She deserves much props for her role - I thought she was brilliant. :D

I thought it was a bit silly though, how in episode 10 she was like "Am I smiling?" when she smiled just fine in episode 8 when Shuji & Akira were trying to form a new catch phrase for her - and no deal was made of it at all back then! :blink Ah well.

The show ended nicely though - even if it did make me cry. :lol. It's also nice how Mariko became her friend and that she didn't hold animosity toward her or Shuji.

*Hmph...* It's a shame it's all over now. I loved the messages through-out it - especially the advice and little sayings that the vice-principals comes out with. They really make you think.

JC

Post by JC » Dec 23rd, '05, 05:53

Also - does anybody know who that dude is that plays Tani? (The guy that gets beaten up in episode 8).

inutikidude
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by inutikidude » Dec 23rd, '05, 06:18

Miyoubi wrote:I've just watched ep 10, and I must confess this has been the best dorama of the season and definitely one of the best, if not the best, doramas I've seen so far, and I've seen many.
The end has left me a bit ?????? like I didn't expect it to end like that at all (it's not the same end as in the novel). Well, you already could expect the "let's say bye to Shuuji" thing from the previous ep, but... Akira going with him? That was totally unexpected. I like very much the feelings and learnings you can find in this dorama. I feel a bit bad about Nobuko, who lost the two of them, but I see it this way:

Nobuta had achieved the stable state she was searching for, and so from now on she doesn't need Shuuji and Akira's support as much as before. It's more like it's Shuuji who needs someone that really cares about him beside him. I mean, you can guess he was going to develop a personality quite similar to that one he had in the beginning, when he was super popular, in his new school, because he said those things like "the new me will never fall", trying to act cool and create a new facade. But then, when he sees Akira (I also thought it was an illusion, something not so far from this dorama concept ^^U), his false self falls down and returns to what he really is: a guy not so perfect that can perfectly show his weaknesses in front of others. The beginning of his new life seemed the same as it was in the first ep till Akira appears. That means, Shuuji needs someone like Akira to be over him all the time to be himself? At least temporarily. Nobuta, who understands Shuuji well, might already knew the kind of reaction he was going to develop, and so she wanted to send Akira to him. Whose was, at last, the idea of producing Nobuta?...
Thank you for posting your opinion about the ending. After reading your post, i really do think the ending was perfect :-)

Barasu1shou

Post by Barasu1shou » Dec 23rd, '05, 06:35

Somebody mention that in the end, Akira and Shuji can be up for producing again...and that's very observant and probably a set up for a sequel?? However, that might be the same thing over and I wanna see Nobuta...she's so freaking cute and such a great actress. I dunno....that be cool if they do have a sequal. I freaking love this drama..thanks to everybody again.

RuruniX

Post by RuruniX » Dec 23rd, '05, 06:40

one of the best drama i ever seen.
Very funny

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Dec 23rd, '05, 10:33

:cry: am really gonna miss them

especially akira :wub:

good drama really

and the ending is very good

finally some drama about friendship and life

:-( what am gonna watch now :-(

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Dec 23rd, '05, 12:08

JC wrote:Also - does anybody know who that dude is that plays Tani? (The guy that gets beaten up in episode 8).
On the website it says his name is Daitou Shunsuke.

That's all I know