SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 14th, '05, 00:31

and HAH! I knew you were a PUA, any PUA can sniff another out. Right from the begining on your first post I knew . Can't hide that fact from me
PUA? I have no idea what you're talking about. *couKINOgh* ;)

Not a PUA, per se; I just know the roles. Even if a person knows the game, they have to roll with a lot of punches before they become genuinely good. My ego isn't healthy enough to get rejected that many times. ;)

I can tell a PUA by two things. Usually the first is when they approach the girl; do they make eye contact with them immediately and do they walk with a purpose (i.e. 3S.) The other is how many stories they tell. If they tell a lot of stories, they're a PUA.

What most young guys don't realize -- but you do -- is that those things that a PUA does is exactly what you would do anyway if you absolutely connected with a girl. The difference is that the PUA doesn't leave this to chance; he knows the psychology of connection and acts on it. If he still doesn't connect, then he knows without a doubt that there was no fruition for a relationship. You wouldn't have gotten along with her anyway.

This w/end, I was at a party where the girl-to-guy ratio was almost 2:1. Now, you may think -- well, that's a great situation -- but in fact, it made things hard. I ended up talking to 2 or 3 women simultaneously, which got exhausting, because I felt like I couldn't kino any of them. I thought I did a decent job reframing the situation to take over the conversation and make them feel comfortable, but because we were in a rather tight area, I couldn't "take one out" and kino/pace/lead.

It's similar to the work situation, I guess. I think you know that you should have used her friend as a pawn. You use the friend, even though you don't get along at all, as social proof by openly acknowledging that you two don't get along and reframing the conflict as a source of connection between you and Aya. By simply mantaining EC with Aya while yapping about her friend, you win that situation with Aya. I'm sure you actually know this and are probably smacking yourself in the head that you didn't game your way out of that situation. And this would, more like or not, signalled to Aya that you wanted some time just with her before she runs off with friend. At which point, you do a non-sequitor, a little kino, a little anchor, and then take off. Valcun 1, Aya's Friend -1. :D
This has been happening even before Aya. I don't know anymore. I feel that everytime I game, the void I feel inside expands.
Yeah, that's the problem with learning the game too early. Everything becomes so mechanical that you wonder what is real and what is the results of pure skill. And, after awhile, you kinda run through the patterns without thinking.

Then again, you could have worse problems. You could be a AFC listening to emo and wishing that some girl, ANY girl, would notice you. :)
I'm never suppose to have any feelings towards girls.
The thing is, we haven't really established whether you're really in love with Aya. I think you're going through a lot of emotional stress and Aya has become your relationship focal point for it, even though she's really not the source of it. I've done that too, and for me, it was terrible. I didn't have control over my feelings and hated myself.
The "easy" solution, of course, is to have casual, honest friendship with some females. People that you've already told yourself "no way I'm going to sarge" them. The other thing is, you gotta accept that no relationship or possible relationship is going to fill the need to have lots of good male and female friends. You crave conversation; you crave interaction; you crave being around interesting, fun people. Your activities

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 14th, '05, 01:03

slippyepic wrote: You crave conversation; you crave interaction; you crave being around interesting, fun people. Your activities
BINGO! Now I know why I feel this way. I haven't really interacted or hung out with any of my friends or did anything fun for the pass two weeks and a half. All I have been doing is work and college. To solve my problem all I need to do is have fun again! I was being deprived of social interation that caused me to mess up and feel this way!

Thanks for the reframe slippy :thumright:

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 14th, '05, 01:11

[14:15] TakezoOtsu: I posted on SRT about you and me going out and how you blushed when I called you cute
[14:16] TakezoOtsu: should take a look :O
[14:16] alicelovesrain: WHAT?!
[14:16] alicelovesrain: i'm going to fly over there and punch you in the arm

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 14th, '05, 01:23

Valcun!! I am not cute!! and i did not blush!! you're just dumb. you wait... i'll get you back.
and... you'll be sorry? :blink

hmm... meh, whatever.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 14th, '05, 01:35

No see maybe I used to many scare tatics XD I didn't mean to make you just stop like that. I ment for you to just question yourself like you did at that moment. Think of what it is like to be on the otherside and how you would feel in situations. Now you have a good head on your shoulders, I just wanted you to put it to better use than trying to get the upperhand on women. I wanted you to see women as human beings with emotions and feelings to and not just objects to inspect with a fine tooth comb. Maybe I don't understand your version of the game. I know you want to find love and thats a good thing but you don't have to use a game to get there. I understand you are trying to become something stronger then yourself but don't force it let it be natural. You will confuse yourself always trying to stay a step ahead in the game. If you really like Aya that way then give her that focus in your mind. If you start seeing other women like her friend in the same shoes as Aya then how is she special to you? If you don't see anything there don't try to pick at it. I want you to be self-aware. You can be social and not in the game. I don't see anything wrong befriending women and men alike. I just don't want you to everytime you meet a women going through this process of trying to win them over. Be funny, be free, be loose, be wild, be whatever you want to be just remember to think of other people. You may have created this alter ego and think that you have to hide behind him but you are him. You don't have to stop just interacting with people because you are afraid you will hurt them just keep them in mind just try to balance it. You are a good kid and I am suprised my words got that far to you I am honoured but also saddened that I mislead you with my advice. I wasn't trying to completely control your actions but just trying to give you that concious thought to them. I think you will be fine, you are aparently good looking and funny and smart. You will make some girl happy someday don't forget that. Just watch where you step on that path to get there.

Keepin' it real!! (lol ever see the dave chapelle show?)

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 14th, '05, 03:19

BINGO! Now I know why I feel this way. I haven't really interacted or hung out with any of my friends or did anything fun for the pass two weeks and a half. All I have been doing is work and college. To solve my problem all I need to do is have fun again! I was being deprived of social interation that caused me to mess up and feel this way!
That could be it. Really, you don't want to get into a relationship if what you're craving is friendship and balance in your life. It may seem at times that I'm saying that relationships aren't bad. They're not bad; but they're hard.

Men are taught to believe to "be themselves" and that the right person will accept them for who they are. But, if you rephrase the question, basically men are saying that they want to be with a desirable woman who won't change them. It's this mindset that teaches and encourages complacency with men and their relationships. Men don't learn.
Relationships make us better people because they make us change. Change is hard, but change is as much the fact of life as entropy is for the physical universe. Men shouldn't be seeking substitutes for their mother.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 14th, '05, 04:55

refresh mythrel?

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 14th, '05, 05:52

Ahhh!! how did you know!!!

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 14th, '05, 05:54

Mythrel wrote:Ahhh!! how did you know!!!
:: pounces on mythrel ::

because i`m psychic 8)

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 14th, '05, 06:09

::faints::

OOoooohhh nice avatar! *steals it and walks away whistling*

*throws snowball at Jeremiah* Ha! Man... where is everyone :(

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 14th, '05, 06:13

Mythrel wrote:::faints::

OOoooohhh nice avatar! *steals it and walks away whistling*

*throws snowball at Jeremiah* Ha! Man... where is everyone :(
:offtopic: =P

what are we talking about here? its 131 pages, and i can`t read all of them..

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 14th, '05, 06:48

x_XJules wrote:P0key: did you know mythrel's real name is dick?
yup

:: nods ::

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 14th, '05, 06:52

P0KEY wrote:
yup

LoL, you're quick! right after i wrote it mythrel said "don't call me dick" so i quickly deleted it.. but you caught it. LoL. i'm so glad. (btw, i added you on myspace)

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 14th, '05, 07:07

x_XJules wrote:
P0KEY wrote:
yup

LoL, you're quick! right after i wrote it mythrel said "don't call me dick" so i quickly deleted it.. but you caught it. LoL. i'm so glad. (btw, i added you on myspace)
no wonder!!!! i posted it, and your post was gone... so i was like "wait.... its gone.... was i dreaming that you had a post?!"

and you knew my myspace? =o

:: goes to check ::

and how are you talking to mythrel? on msn? gimme gimme your sn :mrgreen:

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 14th, '05, 07:11

*takes a big breath* Well cloud originally started this post after watching Densha Otoku and has or had he hasn't posted his progress in a while anyways he wanted to find tips on how to approach her and ask her out. The thread spawned advice from members from all over and other people started posting their single issues. dspR started liking this girl but was to shy to just flat out ask her out so he befriended her. As the months passed he has now found himself comfertable around her. I am not sure what has transpired recently though. Jeremiah had this crush on a girl he was training but ended up meeting this other girl and he found himself a lot more intrested in her. So he persued her and is about to ask her out soon. gibonite had an old boyfriend come back in her life that she couldn't forget, long story short he shoved her aside again and aparently she is doing some traveling in china. Valcun is trying the find himself and love.hmmm probably like 50 other people im forgetting... Sorry.... doesn't mean I didn't read your posts just... 131 pages.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 14th, '05, 07:22

Mythrel wrote:*takes a big breath* Well cloud originally started this post after watching Densha Otoku and has or had he hasn't posted his progress in a while anyways he wanted to find tips on how to approach her and ask her out. The thread spawned advice from members from all over and other people started posting their single issues. dspR started liking this girl but was to shy to just flat out ask her out so he befriended her. As the months passed he has now found himself comfertable around her. I am not sure what has transpired recently though. Jeremiah had this crush on a girl he was training but ended up meeting this other girl and he found himself a lot more intrested in her. So he persued her and is about to ask her out soon. gibonite had an old boyfriend come back in her life that she couldn't forget, long story short he shoved her aside again and aparently she is doing some traveling in china. Valcun is trying the find himself and love.hmmm probably like 50 other people im forgetting... Sorry.... doesn't mean I didn't read your posts just... 131 pages.
wow.

thanks Dick :whistling:

nah you rock :heart::heart:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 14th, '05, 07:35

Everyone is partying here!! May I join the fun? :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 14th, '05, 07:43

possibly.. did you bring glowsticks? or chips?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 14th, '05, 07:49

More than that.. KFCs and some liquor! :lol:

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 14th, '05, 07:56

Jeremiah wrote:More than that.. KFCs and some liquor! :lol:
liquor!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

mienhmario

Post by mienhmario » Dec 14th, '05, 07:58

I would also like to join the fun! Singles, oops not for me! Just kidding, i'm just kidding.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 14th, '05, 08:00

I've forgot some brandy too :P

mienhmario

Post by mienhmario » Dec 14th, '05, 21:12

Crazy drinkers!!! :thumleft:

slackstation

Re: Hello.

Post by slackstation » Dec 15th, '05, 02:30

Valcun wrote: @slackstation
Hi! Don't worry we all feel your pain. You READ all the pages? Wow! Thats a whopping 130, I don't want to say or write any more. Your brain must be fried! :P
I'm at about page 90 now. I have a story to tell but, I'll do it when I finish catching up. :thumleft:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Dec 15th, '05, 04:37

o.O what's with the page number?
i thought the mod created another thread to continue this.
it was like page 2 or something. why did it get merged again? lol being away for like 2 days and everything changed all the sudden. :O

for the party, i just brought some hangover pills *cough* *cough*
anybody want 1?

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 15th, '05, 04:40

@pwner4once:
Ruroshin wrote:I merged the 2 dating threads together. I originally locked the first one when it reached 100 pages but now I'm doing an experiment and I need real life data on topic length...so make this topic as big as you want :D

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Dec 15th, '05, 04:45

x_XJules wrote:@pwner4once:
Ruroshin wrote:I merged the 2 dating threads together. I originally locked the first one when it reached 100 pages but now I'm doing an experiment and I need real life data on topic length...so make this topic as big as you want :D
heheh thanks jules! :-)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 15th, '05, 05:45

pwner4once wrote:heheh thanks jules! :-)
:D anytime! how have you been lately? anything new or exciting?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 15th, '05, 08:48

pwner4once, howdy mate? Been days haven't heard from you!

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Dec 15th, '05, 09:19

@everyone, KITTAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Dec 16th, '05, 03:54

im actually doing pretty well guys
I am still having the finals. therefore i am kind of busy at the moments. Tomorrow is the last day and after that. i get 2 weeks of free TIME!!! wikk!!!

speaking of x-mas, i got some candy from thsi girl in my class. i never liked her or anything. but i've always had conversation with her and stuff. lol i got pretty happy since i've never received anything. oh well that was good. i scored pretty okay on my calc bc exam. got a 94. made two stupid mistakes, else i would of aced it. puff. oh well. do i sound nerdy? >XD

oh god. it's time for me to gg now. got study for ap physics and chemistry.
just for a note, i finally ordered my ddr pad adapter for pc yesterday ^^. i've had a very expensive pad for a while now. just never got the chance to buy a new adapter. i hope it's going to arrive soon. shipping from Hong Kong to US.
later guys!

floatingice

Post by floatingice » Dec 16th, '05, 05:41

Hi everyone - This is singles thread posting?

Hmm - my relationship has been developing like a drama... I love drama stories.
My favourite is Pride, but I also liked Orange Days, Good Luck, and Long Vacation

I am a normal guy, not unlike all you guys. I didn't know much about Japan but by chance I ended up living in Japan last year, and came to really enjoy it...
Now that I'm back, I guess I am having a relationship problem. How do you get someone who hates couples, to... well... not?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 16th, '05, 06:18

pwner4once wrote:im actually doing pretty well guys
I am still having the finals. therefore i am kind of busy at the moments. Tomorrow is the last day and after that. i get 2 weeks of free TIME!!! wikk!!!

speaking of x-mas, i got some candy from thsi girl in my class. i never liked her or anything. but i've always had conversation with her and stuff. lol i got pretty happy since i've never received anything. oh well that was good. i scored pretty okay on my calc bc exam. got a 94. made two stupid mistakes, else i would of aced it. puff. oh well. do i sound nerdy? >XD

oh god. it's time for me to gg now. got study for ap physics and chemistry.
just for a note, i finally ordered my ddr pad adapter for pc yesterday ^^. i've had a very expensive pad for a while now. just never got the chance to buy a new adapter. i hope it's going to arrive soon. shipping from Hong Kong to US.
later guys!
Could it be that she hits on you and could be that you're graduating slowly in love affairs. Pm'd you.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 16th, '05, 06:34

@everyone osashiburi ne:D these days i myt hve more tym posting hir it's my x-mas vacation hir:D
it's been a long tym since i poseted my stories:D haha

kirinonai_shukumei

Post by kirinonai_shukumei » Dec 16th, '05, 06:40

hmm.. i think after watching densha.. people hav been going on forms.. hoping for a love fantasy like that. dont u guys?

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 16th, '05, 06:43

not really haha ar u?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 16th, '05, 10:31

Been days I haven't contacted her yet and today she texted me asking if I'm fine and she needs one of my books. So I replied back that we can meet and if she care about a movie. She answered back that there's a cinema festival next week and she's going with some friends and if I want to come too. Heck..!! I replied that if she don't mind I can take a day off and go if her friends don't mind too.

Now I'm anxious!!

slackstation

Done Finally.

Post by slackstation » Dec 16th, '05, 10:42

Man. It's been a long road. I'm @ Pg 128 (Almost finished) and I've just gone though the whole NLP / Psycology / Player vs. Love thread set and I can say I've actually learned things. I thought I'd just get entertained or encouraged but, this has taught me quite a bit that I'll start using tomorrow.

I'm almost done and when I finish, I'll post about a cute anime loving clerk I met @ Trader Joes.

Edit: Done. Finally finished reading upto the present from the first post.

So, the story:

I was getting ready for a house warming / Christmas party that my friend was throwing as she had just moved into a pretty sweet apt in a nicer part of town.

Before the party, my roommate and I went to Trader Joes to pick up housewarming gifts. I got her a bottle of my favorite wine (I know nothing of wine; but it incidentally was a hit at the party) and as I was checking out, the clerk asked me about anime. I looked up from the credit-card machine to see a rather attractive girl who goes on to ask me about anime. We talk for a brief bit and she says that she like cutesy anime like chobits, etc. It may have been just my interpretation but, when we started talking about Anime, I felt a bit of a spark there; more than a common interest but, some chemistry. I kinda stumbled out of the store and had to kinda awkwardly wait for my roommate to finish paying for his stuff afterwards.

What was ironic was that evening I went to this dinner party hoping to find someone but, I ended up not really finding anyone. There was the hostess my friend from college who by her own admission has only been attracted to one guy and doesn't like the idea of a relationship and is worried about it. That says issues to me so, even though she's cute, I'd rather not go there.

The other girl at the party was a really attractive smart and somewhat demure Japanese (maybe Korean) girl who ended up having a boyfriend. Shame as she was really cool.

There were a bunch of other women at the party but they all seemed to be late 20's early 30's women; not my crowd when it comes to women.

After the party, I kept thinking about the Trader Joes girl. I'm thinking of going back and seeing she's working again.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Dec 16th, '05, 13:59

Does this chick only contact you only when she needs something? Does she ever just call just to say hello, or hi you want to have lunch etc? Sorry it's just I can't stand it when it feels like people are just being used, and they only call when they need something.
btw quick update on the FUBU/FWB (F*CK Buddy/Friends With Benifit)
Ya, I'm still seeing her.. not in a conventional sense of going out to eat.. It's just purely booty calls, and nothing else.. We probably see each other like 2 times a week, and the only time we ever do anything outside of sex, is eat lunch or dinner after we've done what we came for.. Where is this relationship heading? Emotionally I've already NEXT'd her... I'm just using her for sex.. I don't even have any desire to even get to know her..
Jeremiah wrote:Been days I haven't contacted her yet and today she texted me asking if I'm fine and she needs one of my books. So I replied back that we can meet and if she care about a movie. She answered back that there's a cinema festival next week and she's going with some friends and if I want to come too. Heck..!! I replied that if she don't mind I can take a day off and go if her friends don't mind too.

Now I'm anxious!!

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 16th, '05, 14:30

Atomic wrote:Does this chick only contact you only when she needs something? Does she ever just call just to say hello, or hi you want to have lunch etc? Sorry it's just I can't stand it when it feels like people are just being used, and they only call when they need something.
I don't know if she's using me or not, but at least I know the reason why she didn't contact me for the past two weeks. She just finished her exams yesterday and today she texted me.

slackstation

Post by slackstation » Dec 16th, '05, 17:37

Atomic wrote:btw quick update on the FUBU/FWB (F*CK Buddy/Friends With Benifit)
Ya, I'm still seeing her.. not in a conventional sense of going out to eat.. It's just purely booty calls, and nothing else.. We probably see each other like 2 times a week, and the only time we ever do anything outside of sex, is eat lunch or dinner after we've done what we came for.. Where is this relationship heading? Emotionally I've already NEXT'd her... I'm just using her for sex.. I don't even have any desire to even get to know her..
Dude, past the whole moral arguement (as I don't think there is one here as both of you guys are willing participants) there's the emotional one. It just isn't a good practice to have sex regualarly with someone whom you have "emotionally NEXT'd". I don't know the much about relationships but, this is either going to hurt one of both of you two eventually or it's going to turn sex into a non-intimate activity so that when you do find the girl that don't want to NEXT, then you might have intimacy problems or sex will seem lackluster and you'll fall into the pattern of wanting to NEXT her and move on to the next cute girl.

I may be wrong. Anyone have any other ideas? Is this view of intimacy too simplistic?

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 16th, '05, 19:36

About FWBs . . .

Yeah, that thing only works if both parties are honest and considerate. Otherwise, since he's not emotionally invested in her, she'll likely get hurt pretty badly about it.
After the party, I kept thinking about the Trader Joes girl. I'm thinking of going back and seeing she's working again.
Yup, go for it. Before you make contact, observe her a little and see if she has any other interests. Although it's tempting to talk about the anime thing from the get-go, it's not a bad idea to start out with a different common interest and then segue into the anime thing. This lets her know you're more than an otaku.
then you might have intimacy problems or sex will seem lackluster and you'll fall into the pattern of wanting to NEXT her and move on to the next cute girl.
I personally think it's really when sex ceases becoming "special" (or a relationship changing event) that sex ceases to control the relationship. Of course, sex is very special to most of us and that is why most guys don't want to leave a bad relationship.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 16th, '05, 20:40

Jeremiah!!! And nooo you better not call me that or i'll flying knee you :P Ya her getting an education is most important. Its good you gave her that room to concentrate and had patience and hope. She isn't using you so don't let what atomic said set in, you don't need the stress. Don't panic about the movie its all good. You will have a ball expecially around her XD She is trying to bring you in with her network of friends and thats a good step. She is trying to include you in her life. Go Jeremiah GO!!!

Atomic.... I wonder how you can seriously think of something so two faced.. here is a quote from you "Sorry it's just I can't stand it when it feels like people are just being used, and they only call when they need something" now you probably know where this is going. Do you even listen to what you say? You are using this girl and she is using you too but you see NOOO problem with that. Is sex so important to you that it doesn't matter if the girl you are with means nothing to you? I feel sorry for your future wife, err 10 wives.

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 16th, '05, 20:47

Is sex so important to you that it doesn't matter if the girl you are with means nothing to you?
Nothing wrong with casual sex, mate. Only that it's important that there's mutual understanding that sex is all it is.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 16th, '05, 20:53

Well then thats where we agree to disagree.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 16th, '05, 20:56

Mythrel wrote:Jeremiah!!! And nooo you better not call me that or i'll flying knee you :P!
LOL okay I won't, I'll only make it privately then :P I promise :P
Mythrel wrote:Ya her getting an education is most important. Its good you gave her that room to concentrate and had patience and hope. She isn't using you so don't let what atomic said set in, you don't need the stress. Don't panic about the movie its all good. You will have a ball expecially around her XD She is trying to bring you in with her network of friends and thats a good step. She is trying to include you in her life. Go Jeremiah GO!!
Thanks Mythrel, that's what I was thinking. And it's all good, she's been contacting uptill now what movies are on display. Yataa!! I asked her again for clubbing, and the plan is still on, but she told me that she's not a great dancer, then I replied that I'm on the same boat as her, just to me her comfortable.

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 16th, '05, 21:17

Well then thats where we agree to disagree.
I'll agree that a relationship with emotional, spiritual, and physical connection are the most satisfying of all.

But I'll argue that not all relationships are going to be like that, and that a lot of finding happiness in a relationship is understanding the situation for what it is, and knowing its (and your) limitations. When there's a disconnect or when you perception doesn't meet with the reality, then that's when a relationship can have a negative effect on both people.

About sex . . . sex is an especially intimate way to communicate and connect with people. And in most long-term relationships, having satisfying sex is important for both men and women. But sex isn't a milestone. And that is where most guys, even the sensitive nice guys, misunderstand its role.

Having casual sex doesn't demean making love. Objectifying women does. And the most romantic, most sensitive guys do a bit of that too.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 16th, '05, 21:20

Jeremiah, xie xie. I think people have forgotten about it luckily :lol I am really impressed of how you have behaved the past 2 weeks. You have really showed some great patience because I don't even think I could have had that much self control. When I don't get to talk to the person I like for a long time I get depressed. I honestly believe you have nothing to worry about. She has showed intrest in you, your work, your family. I think you found a sweet, kind girl and I hope nothing but the best for you two. You are a good guy and a women like her would have to be blind to not see it. I think she already sees it in you.

Epic can we just let it drop? I don't need to agrue with you about it I disagree. I don't think sex is everything. I would rather the whole package then 1 measly thing.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 16th, '05, 21:30

Thanks Myth!! I really appreciate your words, it really touches me deep inside my heart and I prolly hope that you'll find that special someone who will flame the light deep inside your heart. You're not just a true friend, you're more than that, so Gambatte ne!! If you don't hehe, don't forget that i have the last word D. Erm... :P

hisa

Post by hisa » Dec 16th, '05, 21:43

hmm.. i think after watching densha.. people hav been going on forms.. hoping for a love fantasy like that. dont u guys?
Now wouldnt that add a little spice in my monotonous life?
Haa...that'd be pretty interesting. :mrgreen:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 16th, '05, 22:34

rawr!

no guys lately. life has been boring. x_X i start up at school again spring quarter.. maybe i'll meet some new people that way.

@Jerry: i'm happy for you. I'm sure she isn't using you and i totally respect you for waiting for her.

@Mythrel - yea.. agreed.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Dec 17th, '05, 04:52

NICE going jeremiah!
lol keep the pimpin skill!
but jesus... i thought everything was over and now bam. she's back! 人間sometimes are just too confusing and intricate in feelings and thoughts. so inexplicable... strange and unpredictable. well i just hope some girl one day in my class would confess to me :cry: :P :lol

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Dec 17th, '05, 05:00

We're using each other for phsyical need.. If it weren't for the physical part, I have absolutely no interest in her.. she knows it.. I know it.. and vice versa.. It's sex, not marriage.. It's not the end of the world, where I have to confess something I don't feel, because frankly, I live in the real world where the majority of the people I meet are all players.. guys and girls.
Mythrel wrote:Jeremiah!!! And nooo you better not call me that or i'll flying knee you :P Ya her getting an education is most important. Its good you gave her that room to concentrate and had patience and hope. She isn't using you so don't let what atomic said set in, you don't need the stress. Don't panic about the movie its all good. You will have a ball expecially around her XD She is trying to bring you in with her network of friends and thats a good step. She is trying to include you in her life. Go Jeremiah GO!!!

Atomic.... I wonder how you can seriously think of something so two faced.. here is a quote from you "Sorry it's just I can't stand it when it feels like people are just being used, and they only call when they need something" now you probably know where this is going. Do you even listen to what you say? You are using this girl and she is using you too but you see NOOO problem with that. Is sex so important to you that it doesn't matter if the girl you are with means nothing to you? I feel sorry for your future wife, err 10 wives.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 17th, '05, 06:21

pwner4once wrote:NICE going jeremiah!
lol keep the pimpin skill!
but jesus... i thought everything was over and now bam. she's back! 人間sometimes are just too confusing and intricate in feelings and thoughts. so inexplicable... strange and unpredictable. well i just hope some girl one day in my class would confess to me :cry: :P :lol
lol it wasn't. She was having a semestre exams to enter the final exam in march, so I let her concentrate on her studies, now that she finished it on Thursday, yesterday she texted me, which is all good to me :) I'm really happy but yet relationship is yet to be confirmed lol

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 18th, '05, 15:02

take every step slowly and surely:D
Gambatte!:D^_^

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 18th, '05, 19:28

testing sig don't hate!! Thx's Jeremiah!!
Last edited by Mythrel on Dec 18th, '05, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 18th, '05, 19:30

LOL Ya like it huh Myth!! :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 18th, '05, 19:34

edit: okie okie.. i don't want mythrel to feel second. eh, mythrel? Eh?

christmas season.. love love all around? o.O
Last edited by x_XJules on Dec 18th, '05, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 18th, '05, 19:41

D.. ermm richie Mythrel is second :P

Edit: I'm wondering what the others will say about that.. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my head cut off by pokey :-(
Last edited by Xi@h on Dec 18th, '05, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 18th, '05, 19:57

This thread remind so much of Densha Otoku.

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 19th, '05, 08:51

How is it going?

I came back home from work today!

So, what happened today was that I tried to look best as possible in work clothes. Why you say? I finally got partnered up with AYA!!! After working there for almost a month and a half I'm finally partnered up with Aya! Time to take my status from aquainted to "coolness". When I got to work, I was there a bit early. I clocked in a little early too. Turned out Aya was Late today :X. So for around 5 minutes I was just wandering around just waiting for her to come so we can start on our station. She finally comes and I made a joke about her being late. She laughed. It seemed pretty well. We sort of talked while working. Got to know each other a little well. Then.. one of my co-workers comes up to the station and goes to talk to her and he said "Oh yeah, I'm going to take the car. I'll pick you up okay?" and she says "ok". At this point i'm thinking, "Oh what the.... hmmm I better investigate this." I never seen this at work before, between her and him. If there is anything, I don't know when it started or how long this has been going on. It could of been going on before I even started working there. But let me do a flash back here. About a month ago, that co-worker.. you know what.. I'm tired of calling him co-worker. I'm going to Call him Dick-san. So anyway, a flash back after what happen with Dick-san borrowing Aya-san's car. I was gathering intel on Aya-san to see if she had a bf or not. Dick-san provided me saying that she "use" to have a bf. Then after he told me this, Aya-san walked up to us and talked to him asking him about something. Then left. Then I asked him if he was the x-bf? or if he liked her. He told me he doesn't talk to her much. Now I feel like I've been had. That he said that to throw off everyguy that was interested in her. But I don't think Dick-san is aware that I like her because I masked it pretty well. No one at work even KNOWS I like her. Which is probably why (now after watching a bit today) he doesn't care if I'm around Aya, but cares if other guys are around her at work. So now back to the present. So after this I started to talk with aya more and it seemed everything was working well. It wasn't "mutual" talk more like having fun talk. But I noticed that everytime I left the station to do a task, he would immediately come and help her. I found this out when I returned from my tasks he would be right there. Then when me and Aya took our breaks, she would immediately go to his station. So I don't know whats going on, I'm kicking it off pretty well with Aya. This thing thats happening between her and Dick is pretty awkward in my opinion. I don't know if they are bf and gf. I'm thinking about just calling it quits and move on and find another girl. I lost Aya. Maybe I should of gamed her... Maybe being my self is totally over rated.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 19th, '05, 09:03

ne ne!!
ur not sure yet ne valcun-san maybe you should investigate/observe more so that you can be more sure don't you think? it's kinda embarrasing wen ur pressumption is wrong

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 19th, '05, 09:41

First time I'm saying something reasonably smart here, and I'll prolly end up feeling like sh777 thinking I shouldn't have said anything but hey dude...
Youre young. Dont waste your time running in circles.

The brickwall is straight ahead in that direction... :whistling:
Valcun wrote:...he said "Oh yeah, I'm going to take the car. I'll pick you up okay?" and she says "ok".
oooh man...
Valcun wrote: Which is probably why (now after watching a bit today) he doesn't care if I'm around Aya, but cares if other guys are around her at work.
He didnt see you as a threat cause you didn't act fast enough perhaps...?
Valcun wrote:... she would immediately go to his station.
Ooooh vey.... Well hmmmm no comment
Valcun wrote:just calling it quits and move on and find another girl. I lost Aya.
Good idea.. ganbare ne...
I've been there once to many too. Know how that is.

I honestly think you've got this one figured out for your self already though, right ? :unsure:

(Then again, her seeing you go for someone else, might wake her up to your existance? hmmm Sometimes gals think so backwards. They all want what they cant have sometimes. / pay no attention to me, I'm rambling :D)

slackstation

Re: Done Finally.

Post by slackstation » Dec 19th, '05, 17:34

slackstation wrote:After the party, I kept thinking about the Trader Joes girl. I'm thinking of going back and seeing she's working again.
UPDATE:

A couple of days after the party, I was thinking about the traderjoes girl (I guess we can call her TJ-san) and I decided to go back to Trader Joes to see if she was there (and to pick up some groceries). For those that don't konw Trader Joes is a kinda high-end grocery chain.

So, before I go, I make sure I'm smelling good and looking right. I get to the store and as I walk in, I'm looking at the different cashiers to see if she's working there. As I'm walking down the row of registers, my heart is dropping a little with each one that she isn't at and at the very last one, I see someone who looks like her. I keep looking and before I know it, she's looking at me and it's definately the girl I'd seen before. This may be been wishful thinking but from her eyes, I could tell that she recognized me.

So, I go and get my groceries and get a bottle of wine from same winery that I previously purchased for the party and get in line for her cash register. So, she's checking out and behind her is another girl bagging groceries. After a pretty long wait, I finally get up there and as I'm paying I ask her how she's doing and if it's pretty busy because of Christmas and as I'm ringing up the wine she asks me if this is a good wine. I tell her about the other wine being a hit at the party. Then the bagger girl chimes in how she the type of wine that I just got is her favorite. As we are talking, I see TJ-san wanting to say things but she keeps getting over run in conversation by the bagger girl.

Now, I'm feeling a bit of attaction from both of these girls. They're both smiling at me and the bagger girl (who is physically more attractive than TJ-san) is asking me to try her favorite wine and tell her if I like it. These are all positive things but, I'm trying to keep a level head about things. They were working and they may just be smiling at me as a customer.

I'm going to go back to Trader Joes for more groceries in few days and if I still feel the attraction, I'm going to ask TJ-san out for coffee after work or something. Though, the bagger girl is really attractive and I'd like to spark something with her too, I don't wanna ask for both of their numbers and seem like some player or something. I'm going to go back and see what if any chemistry I have with either girl in something longer than a 60 sec. converstion.

Kae

Post by Kae » Dec 20th, '05, 04:21

Valcun, you call Dick-san as such is amusing :)

Wow, reading your post I just marvel at guys who can go out of their way to talk to strangers, even if they are of the female variety, and strike up a conversation. Cool. If I were the female though I'd probably turn a deaf ear unless you're a friend of someone I know. Sometimes it's scary when someone comes up to you.

Regarding your first post from this page, when I read "Oh yeah, I'm going to take the car. I'll pick you up okay?" and she says "ok", I was Ding-dong. Alert, alert! I agree. Move on.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 20th, '05, 13:23

kae-san ur from philippines too where exactly haha just curious

pwner4once

Re: Done Finally.

Post by pwner4once » Dec 20th, '05, 22:12

slackstation wrote:
slackstation wrote:After the party, I kept thinking about the Trader Joes girl. I'm thinking of going back and seeing she's working again.
UPDATE:

A couple of days after the party, I was thinking about the traderjoes girl (I guess we can call her TJ-san) and I decided to go back to Trader Joes to see if she was there (and to pick up some groceries). For those that don't konw Trader Joes is a kinda high-end grocery chain.

So, before I go, I make sure I'm smelling good and looking right. I get to the store and as I walk in, I'm looking at the different cashiers to see if she's working there. As I'm walking down the row of registers, my heart is dropping a little with each one that she isn't at and at the very last one, I see someone who looks like her. I keep looking and before I know it, she's looking at me and it's definately the girl I'd seen before. This may be been wishful thinking but from her eyes, I could tell that she recognized me.

So, I go and get my groceries and get a bottle of wine from same winery that I previously purchased for the party and get in line for her cash register. So, she's checking out and behind her is another girl bagging groceries. After a pretty long wait, I finally get up there and as I'm paying I ask her how she's doing and if it's pretty busy because of Christmas and as I'm ringing up the wine she asks me if this is a good wine. I tell her about the other wine being a hit at the party. Then the bagger girl chimes in how she the type of wine that I just got is her favorite. As we are talking, I see TJ-san wanting to say things but she keeps getting over run in conversation by the bagger girl.

Now, I'm feeling a bit of attaction from both of these girls. They're both smiling at me and the bagger girl (who is physically more attractive than TJ-san) is asking me to try her favorite wine and tell her if I like it. These are all positive things but, I'm trying to keep a level head about things. They were working and they may just be smiling at me as a customer.

I'm going to go back to Trader Joes for more groceries in few days and if I still feel the attraction, I'm going to ask TJ-san out for coffee after work or something. Though, the bagger girl is really attractive and I'd like to spark something with her too, I don't wanna ask for both of their numbers and seem like some player or something. I'm going to go back and see what if any chemistry I have with either girl in something longer than a 60 sec. converstion.
it's some what appearing to me that us otakus, not sure if u consider yourself one, always have the desire to have more than what we get! LOL it's amazing how our temptation changes from 1 girl to many girls. anyways, i suggest you to go buy some more wines after a brief amount of time. it all depends on you. all i am saying it's le the girls wait and wonder, think and talk about you if they really like you. If so, they will be very pleased the next time you guys meet. If that's not the case, then oh well. You don't lose the chance right? That's the first point i want to make. the second one is denial of being a friend. As that being stated, you shouldn't go there once a week or something. But that's if you are not a alcoholic :D which might leave a bad impression about you. Your idea about asking her out for a coffee after work is bery brilliant. Try to sound at ease as possible, no pushy stuff. Better yet, you can ask both of out if they have time. so they might even compete with each other :D XD.

okay... wow gush. i wrote too much. I apologize if i sounded more commanding than suggesting. and HOlAY LUyA! hope it works :D I am waiting for your feedback.

pwner4once

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 21st, '05, 23:46

Well these past two days have been very unhappy at work for me. What happened on the first day, was that my partner called in sick. So I had to help someone else temporarly. At my work place, there is this Karaoke machine that were trying to sell. Its near by where Aya-sans work place was. Unfortunately the station I had to go to was right next to hers.. So I said "Ok" and worked there as best as I could. Next thing I know I started to hear this song play very LOUD from the Karaoke Machine. I started to think.... man this sounds familiar. Then BINGO! It clicked. It was that song that always played when Sakurai Kazuya tried to steal Hermes-san from Densha Otoko. Man... My fist clenched, "NO WAY! I'm not going to stoop that low" I know some divine force was trying to mess with me.. but no thanks. Then later on Aya got off of work and waited 1 hour until Dick-san got off. Then they went off together.

Alright moving on to yesturday. Yesturday really ticked me off. Me and Dick-san were assigned to a department. I told him to take care of this half while I take care of the other. Let me tell you, the departments did not look so pretty. So after an hour and a half. I finally finished my side. When I went to go check up on Dick-san, he didn't even touch his DEPARTMENT in fact... he went HOME! :cussing: Thanks to him I had to stay two HOURS just to fix HIS SIDE. Gosh what a jerk. I totally hate this guy. I came home real late thanks to him...

I realized something, you guys can feel free to comment on this but it won't affect me on what you see. I realize that the concept of "love" is a fairytale that only comes from books and is shown on dramas. It doesn't really exist. Everytime I like a girl, she always chooses some jerk over me. I'm fed up with it. There is only one thing left for me... "THE GAME". These events fueled me in bettering my skills in the game.

I'm sorry everyone but this is my last post. I decided not to post on this thread anymore. Thank you everyone for your support through my hard times in life. But now this is a task I must carry alone.

-Valcun

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 22nd, '05, 00:12

Its a shame Valcun, but this bitterness eats through you. You want something so bad you are blind to see everything around it. So she picked some other guy over you. Maybe he knows how to treat her? You were only playing a game with yourself even if you didn't game her you tried to game her friend and who knows how many other women that pass thru your till. She probably seen you in a different light than you would have wanted her to see. You are giving up and not believing it is real before you have ever been in love? Love is a real thing and there is nothing else in this world like it. Not everything always works out thats life, but don't deny yourself something before you have even had it. Anyways it doesn't matter what I say have fun playing your game.

Edit: Just remember to be true to yourself and if this is the path you choose I can't take your hand and drag you down a path you don't want to go so I will let go and wish nothing but the best.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Dec 22nd, '05, 05:02

hm... so Valcun, u are not coming back for sure? Or are u just too frustrated with everything that u want to be away from reality and deal with them as time goes by? well if so, that's fine. I got one thing to say. Love is not a gift or anything. It goesn't just come and go. It's more like a virtue which you will obtain through a long, boring, frustrating and fun process. Maybe you think I am just a moron who thinks love exists. But yes, love does exist. It's just not easy to find and obtain. There is a chinese saying about you stumble over a rock. Your fall is nothing as long as you take your time and stand up from it. So there u go. take your time and face it. Aya-san might not what she appears to be 24/7 and neither does any1 in this world. It's always two-sided, maybe even multiside. My point is look at your chosen one in all perspective and determine. You don't have to see one girl and determine to marry her for the rest of your life without ever knowing about her turncoat business. Maybe you can just make friends more and discovery the good ones among?
well good luck Vulcun

okay. done with vulcun. let's TALK abouT OUR FORUM!!
lol i just noticed the emotions are all dressed up in santa GoWN!!! lol that's just funny. but thanks to admins for changing them haha ^.^

now it's time to talk about my life.
sometimes i think life is meaningless, not due to the fact I don't know a girl friend to accompany with. It's rather how our daily life takes shape. Living in this vast world, I was always pessimistic. Now I am optimistic and smile all the time. From the outer layer, you see a happy buddy who looks geeky. But inside, it's nothing less than a secluded dark room with nothing inside with floors covered with dusts. Everyone else think life is so awesome and full of adventure. But aren't those merely follies? what's the point of living if u don't have a reason to live for? You might say that's why you have to come up with a reason for you life and such. Isn't life changing all the time by motivation? therefore does that idea matter at all? meh... im done ranting. i'll try to talk more about it tomorrow if u guys actually think im not insane :P

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 22nd, '05, 08:09

Ditto both Mythrel & Pwner comments... that's sad Valcun.. but heh.. try your best and good luck.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 22nd, '05, 08:31

eh? just noticing but if there's tsukasa,rui,and akira where's soujirou?
just pointing out:D

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 22nd, '05, 08:32

omg... it`s like a gang of dramaniacs O_O all in a row.

where did soujiro go? who has that one? :: points to rui :wub: tsukasa :wub: and akira)
Last edited by P0KEY on Dec 22nd, '05, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 22nd, '05, 08:33

mokona424 wrote:eh? just noticing but if there's tsukasa,rui,and akira where's soujirou?
just pointing out:D
LOLOL EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!! LOL!!

ahaw

ahnyong haseyo

Post by ahaw » Dec 22nd, '05, 08:43

to all nakama breath....

breath.... :pale:

;p