7%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 819

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 7th, '05, 22:22

hehehe.. *blushes*... I'd probably take on the role of being a janitor just so I could waltz around the set.. about touching the characters.. hmm.. I think I'd prefer to stand in front of them and stare [they'd probably think I'm a freak, oh well, I'm just admiring] :D From what I heard though, Japanese people never really seem to have much skin problems.. I'm sure there's a couple of exceptions, but I admire their genes.. my friend is half Japanese and all her relatives on her mother's side had flawless [maybe not flawless, but beautiful skin].. -- okay I'm off topic--

I'm glad episode 6 is up.. I'm just waiting for it to finish. I know I'm so late with everything you're all talking about, but at least I'll have an idea soon :D

I sure hope there will be a second season.. on another note.. if anyone decides to write the producers a letter encouraging them to do a second season.. please let me know the address as I would really like to do the same

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 7th, '05, 22:43

Then I also wanna touch Shouta's and Mao-chan's face as I can't believe what a beautiful skin they have. I never had skin problems either but they just look TOO perfect.
(If anyone can't tell, I'm just kidding.)
But, seriously, I couldn't believe that anybody could have blemish-free skin like that. Through the first 2-3 episodes, I kept on wondering what kind of foundation/makeup scheme they did with Mao to make her look so . . . blemish free, and whether her lips were really that colour. In contrast, they did a CRAPPY job covering up Jun and Shun's acne/acne scars. How the heck did Jun become a pop idol with that crater complexion?!? Did he, like discovering smoking just before shooting?
As for that: Oh so perfect Shizuka and womanizer Akira seriously in the need of seeing the dentist, almighty Doumyouji being much shorter than everyone else but supposedly able to beat up anyone , redoubtable Kaede being short and cute and smiling a lot,...
To be honest, Akira looks like a guy who just got his braces off and still thinks they're on. Plus the actress doesn't really fit my image of Shizuka. Not that she had a remarkable character design in the manga, but there was a certain mix of big sister and "Mrs. Robinson" in her relation to Rui, that was glossed over in the show. Regal Shizuka shouldn't have been so impish, and Rui/Shizuka should have more of that cheesy/unreal "movie movie" romance quality. That being said, I thought Shun played Rui's feelings toward Shizuka just right.

One of the things I liked about the original story is that, because Rui/Shizuka is the first real relationship we see (and the first troubled relationship we see), "Domakino" feels initially like a contrast, a comic counterpoint to this "cheese and whine" couple. If Rui/Shizuka was, erm, the "K-drama" fantasy, then Domakino was the black sheep, the rebound from the shoujo pedestal, the "cat and dog reality" of real relationships. Domakino felt rebellious. It didn't "belong", and so it (or, rather, evil Domyoji) had to fight for our affection every step of the way. For awhile, I really wondered whether Rui really saw either Domyoji or Makino as sort of his children.
2. The cinematography comes close to a dogma movie (for both visuals and sounds). Whereas the first two episodes had some interesting shots and camera angles, they just filmed ANYTHING in the other 25 episodes.
I've definitely noticed that with Mars (which I think was also produced by the same as MG.) The audio is very, very noisy, which is good in its own way. Also, it looks like they use a lot of handicam and natural lighting in some dim locations in order to create a gritty, unromantic feel. It's perfect for the story, because most of the time, you get the sense that you're watching two confused college students trying to talk things over. I think it's perfect for Mars, though I'm not sure how the same could be applied to a HYD story.

Though, I also can't believe how much money was put into producing HYD. Besides the ludicriously opulent locations in epis 1, 2 and 5, they've actually done one heck of a job in the edit room, splicing together concurrent narratives with stylish fades and such. I mean, dude, they shoot Jun's girly fighting style as if it's Kill Bill, but Gokusen basically gets two static cameras and a generic warehouse to shoot its weekly fights. Eh?!? Plus I've been extremely impressed with the lighting of the show, and also how they've kinda backed off using the soft-focus reflexively. The night shots are gorgeous (i.e. the fountain bit, the Rui looking at Shizuka bit.) I mean, wow.

And the makeup job with Dom's mom is incredible. How the heck can you get eyebrows to do that?
. People are smirking when supposed to look angry, plus those guys were OBVIOUSLY having a hard time doing film kissing (and this sort of film kissing is like the cheapest fake of all - even a child could tell there is no passion whatsoever when they press their lips together as if the other had really bad breath).
I've actually kinda noticed that Asian TV dramas don't do kissing all that well. Even in the Mars show, it's kinda cutesy and demure, rather than coming from genuine passion. Though I would add that there's such a comfortable vibe coming from the two actors, it's unusual. And, yeah, I'm worried about Mao/Jun's big scene. With how so much of the show they've acted in isolation of each other, I'm still not sure whether their "real kiss" is going to fly. It would be easier if I knew they were dating each other . . .
it's a pain watching the show and that idiot always getting nervous over the silliest things. Also that girl is so freaking doll-like, it's scary. Where's the personality?
From what I gather without watching subs, Densha Otoko is about a short man who cries a lot and a tall woman who is a female robot, and there are socially inept men online who watch the short baby and the beautiful bot fall in love, or blow up a city? Heh heh. I don't know; he seems to cry a lot and in front of a computer. Good for him!

Then again, if I watched HYD without subs, maybe I'd think it's a retelling of Purple Rain. :D

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 7th, '05, 22:54

hmm_yeh wrote: I think I'd prefer to stand in front of them and stare [they'd probably think I'm a freak
You're great!! I love to laugh. Thank you very much. :lol
Reminds me of a story my Mom once told me. When she was still living on the Philippines and about my age or a little younger, there was some celebrity checking out at her hometown's airport, and she was chasing after him until she and her friend finally got that poor guy who was completely exhausted from running away, and they hugged and patted him and told him they love him. Lol. My Mom can be kind of freaky sometimes. :sweat:

About the letters: There's a guestbook on the official Hanadan drama website. I'll just post my request there.
Episode 6: Nya Fansubs have released the 6th episode a couple of days ago already, and I really recommend Nya. They are doing an excellent job, emphasizing who's saying what by using different colours, putting up side notes to explain puns and stuff and their translation is like perfect. (No I'm not getting money for recommending them, I only really like their work. ^^;)
skin problems: Here's one example: Jun. Uhhh, that guy has some really bad skin problems actually. Did you watch Gokusen? If so, compare his skin from back then to now. Apart from the hairstyle it's probably the greatest difference. I don't really like Shizuka's and Akira's skins either. (It's again against them. Sorry guys, but your teeth AND your kins are plain horrible to put it bluntly...)

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 7th, '05, 23:16

Did you watch Gokusen? If so, compare his skin from back then to now. Apart from the hairstyle it's probably the greatest difference. I don't really like Shizuka's and Akira's skins either.
My hunch is that Jun's smoking a lot. It's unusual for skin to get worse into your 20s unless you've picked up a habit. Or maybe Donmyoji is meant to be that way?!?
Shizuka's skin looked okay to me. Maybe a bit too much sun, but nothing unusual.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Dec 7th, '05, 23:52

slippyepic wrote:
Did you watch Gokusen? If so, compare his skin from back then to now. Apart from the hairstyle it's probably the greatest difference. I don't really like Shizuka's and Akira's skins either.
My hunch is that Jun's smoking a lot. It's unusual for skin to get worse into your 20s unless you've picked up a habit. Or maybe Donmyoji is meant to be that way?!?
Shizuka's skin looked okay to me. Maybe a bit too much sun, but nothing unusual.
I'd put it down to the fact that he's a johnny jr so he's probably gets slapped with makeup everyday.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 8th, '05, 00:03

I think Lowest is right about the make-up (@Lowest: I love your avatar! I love Akira!! ^^).
Then again I don't know anything about Jun's private life, wheather or not he smokes a lot. I had been smoking over years and my skin never got bad of it. Getting acne because of smoking is new to me too. If anything you get wrinkles as far as I know.
About Shizuka, I think her skin looks kind of old and as you said she seemed to have had too many sun baths.
So tired... Wanna sleep. Zzzz...

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 8th, '05, 00:12

For certain kinds of skin, smoking can cause some mild irritation. A mate of mine had fairly good skin until he picked up his drinking and smoking. Then again, I live in Southern California, and we think smoking is the cause of cooties too. ;)

But, as you said, it could be the makeup.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 8th, '05, 00:18

Regarding skin perfection, i'd also blame HDTV which allows everybody to see all those little imperfections that much more easily...The make-up tricks of the past don't quite cut it in the new age of high def... :mrgreen:
Apparently it's a very real problem/concern for those in the television spotligh, not just in Japan but anywhere HDTV is loomingt... :p

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 8th, '05, 00:34

Good point. Widescreen pimples is the new midriff! Sexy! :D

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 8th, '05, 01:58

Kathleen wrote:
hmm_yeh wrote: I think I'd prefer to stand in front of them and stare [they'd probably think I'm a freak
You're great!! I love to laugh. Thank you very much. :lol
Reminds me of a story my Mom once told me. When she was still living on the Philippines and about my age or a little younger, there was some celebrity checking out at her hometown's airport, and she was chasing after him until she and her friend finally got that poor guy who was completely exhausted from running away, and they hugged and patted him and told him they love him. Lol. My Mom can be kind of freaky sometimes. :sweat:

About the letters: There's a guestbook on the official Hanadan drama website. I'll just post my request there.
Episode 6: Nya Fansubs have released the 6th episode a couple of days ago already, and I really recommend Nya. They are doing an excellent job, emphasizing who's saying what by using different colours, putting up side notes to explain puns and stuff and their translation is like perfect. (No I'm not getting money for recommending them, I only really like their work. ^^;)
skin problems: Here's one example: Jun. Uhhh, that guy has some really bad skin problems actually. Did you watch Gokusen? If so, compare his skin from back then to now. Apart from the hairstyle it's probably the greatest difference. I don't really like Shizuka's and Akira's skins either. (It's again against them. Sorry guys, but your teeth AND your kins are plain horrible to put it bluntly...)
hehe... glad to make you smile :D I wouldn't say I'd go as far as run after them.. I wouldn't want to seem like a stalker, asking for autographs and pictures. About your mom running after that actor.. oh man, I've had my fair share of stories, my aunts are just like that. I'm not going to say that I would completely ignore a celebrity who's in front of me, just to make myself seem more sane, but I would marvel at being near their presence.

I haven't seen Gokusen yet, but I do have it on my "to watch" list, so as of now.. I wouldn't be able to compare how their skin have changed over time. I do agree though about Shizuka and Akira needing some type of dental work done. I did find Shizuka pretty, but only in those posters. Once she smiled, I couldn't help but think, go to the dentist! I don't have perfect teeth myself, but being that they are celebrities, I would presume they would better take care of their appearance. They don't nec. need to have braces, as that might affect their appearance a great deal, but there are such things as invisiline [my friend has that and boy does it work!]. Akira on the other hand, I found he didn't fit the character so well. I kinda thought he had some type of malformation on his face [nose down], but that's just me.

About smoking and how that affects your skin, I think it's really all about genes. If you have good genes, you probably wouldn't break out from smoking alone. In my case, being around smoke actually makes me break out, but that's b/c it irritates my skin. Another factor that could lead to break outs with Jun is the stress that he's put under. Stress can provoke hormonal imbalances, thus skin break outs. Also, being under too much stress could mean that you don't get enough sleep and that doesn't do well with your health and your overall appearance. I'm trying to figure out how to explain it better, but the point is there are several factors that can lead to skin problems, primarily genes. That HDTV doesn't help either. :lol then again, since Jun has enough money now, he has well more than enough money to go to the dermatoogist frequently and get his skin problems treated.

I knew NYA released episode 6, but I just wasn't sure about their quaility, not that I have a lot to compare it with. But, since I started the series with SARS, I guess I just wanted to watch the whole series throughout with the SARS version. Thanx though, I'll definitely keep their fan sub in mind for future dramas. :-)

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 8th, '05, 13:08

slippyepic wrote:

I've definitely noticed that with Mars (which I think was also produced by the same as MG.) The audio is very, very noisy, which is good in its own way. Also, it looks like they use a lot of handicam and natural lighting in some dim locations in order to create a gritty, unromantic feel. It's perfect for the story, because most of the time, you get the sense that you're watching two confused college students trying to talk things over. I think it's perfect for Mars, though I'm not sure how the same could be applied to a HYD story.

I've actually kinda noticed that Asian TV dramas don't do kissing all that well. Even in the Mars show, it's kinda cutesy and demure, rather than coming from genuine passion. Though I would add that there's such a comfortable vibe coming from the two actors, it's unusual. And, yeah, I'm worried about Mao/Jun's big scene. With how so much of the show they've acted in isolation of each other, I'm still not sure whether their "real kiss" is going to fly. It would be easier if I knew they were dating each other . . .
Well.. I like very very much Mars.. but again.. i just loved the Mars manga before.. :whistling: And i don't think that mars is just to college students trying to talk things over... more you read.. and more you watch Mars you sense how dense are..
>_< have so many psico problems.. that freak you out.

Mars Drama is much better in quality than MG.
I love MG but is because is HYD.. and have all the moments that would die to see..
but Mars is a damn good drama.
Yes have all this kind of problems like the audio,that is very noise, locations and light...
but i think that they don't have all support that HYD J-Drama have..
but even mars in all this is better then MG.
And the acting.. well i have some condescends because
if you watch a Brazilian soap opera.. i don't know how you gonna think that are they acting...probably you would think that is exaggerate
How we here think that Mexican soap operas are...
I always keep in mind that Asian dramas would not show ever some kiss.. ans bed scenes that we have in ours soap operas... because in Brazilian soap operas wow.. they are really realistic O_O
... so i don't really mind with that kiss scenes.. because i was trying not put my culture in this Dramas.
But they are lame kisses... XD
I'm worried about Mao/Jun's big scene too...
Well first.. Will have??? I don't know.. in all dramas that i have watched that are based in manga.. they never really show all... :glare:
like MG, Gokusen and kimi wa petto.. Mars.. ( but mars still show more...)
But if have the kiss scene i hpe be good...
or a little better that the lame scenes that i have saw...
Something like Oguri shun kiss scene with that girls XD

well.. all this talk.. just to wait.. and kill time until Friday... >_<

Harmonycloud

Post by Harmonycloud » Dec 9th, '05, 01:52

Hey I just started watching this drama and I was wondering How many episodes are in the whole drama and how many are out subtitled? I just got to episode 7 and I am DIEING to know what happens!!!!

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Dec 9th, '05, 02:44

Kathleen wrote:About the letters: There's a guestbook on the official Hanadan drama website. I'll just post my request there.
Kathleen, I´ve read what you wrote to Sarah. Hey, I said to you before that I´m not that good in Japanese as you think I am. You probably know as much as I do. By the way, I wanna write tons of messages on Hanadan official site, but I´ll have to write it in English or in Romaji, since I don´t have the Japanese typing here in my PC. That´s sad.

About Nya fansubs, are there softsubs? I´ve searched for them, but it seems there are only hardsubs.

And about Jun´s and Shun´s skin problems. Oh, I feel sorry for them, since I have the same problem. Not such as them (specially Jun), but I know how terrible it is. Though mine is hormonal, as hmm_yeh said, his problem might be because stress, since he seems to have no time and to be under pressure all the time; because he might not sleep as much as necessary; and the most troublesome is probably make-up. I use make-up too (I´ve told you I´m a make-up addict once), and it causes a lot of problems on my skin, besides the hormonal problem. If I didn´t use so much foundation as I do, I´m sure I wouldn´t have some acne problems. But I think smoking and drinking helps to have some breakouts, but it´s not the main trouble marker. Make-up is definitely the worst enemy to skin, even worse if you´ve got a combination/oily skin (which Jun seems to have).

About Akira: To me Akira seems like a vampire!!!!!! And what terrible wrinkles he´s got!!!!! When he laughs, he seems to be a 45 years-old vampire! When he´s not laughing, he´s quite cute though.
About Shizuka: I think she has an amazing skin. I wish I could have a tanned skin like she does. Here in Brazil, tanned skin is THE skin. And I agree about Tsukushi´s and Nishikado´s skin, they´ve got a wonderful skin. And also Tsubaki. Maybe her skin is the best one: blemish-free, not too white, not too tanned.

About kissing scenes: I hope Doumyouji and Tsukushi kissing scene won´t be lame. I mean, I want to see a real kiss, not a "touching lips" kiss. Like makino_sanbr said, Brazilian drama´s kissing scenes are REALLY realistic, maybe TOO realistic, and I don´t want Jun and Mao kissing just the same, but something more passional than we get used to see on almost every j-drama. Which I think it won´t be that hard for Mao to do, since Jun´s got that juicy and "please, bite me" lips (Jun´s fangirl side coming out! :wub: ). In Kimi wa Petto, I think Jun and Koyuki did a pretty decent kissing scene.

Kathleen, I´m missing our almost daily conversations. But now college is taking all my time. But tomorrow, probably we´ll talk about the 8th episode of Hanadan. I can´t wait for it!!!!!
Last edited by shiruchan on Dec 9th, '05, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 9th, '05, 03:02

@Harmonycloud:
There will be only 9 episodes. Episode 8 airs this Friday.
About Akira: To me Akira seems like a vampire!!!!!! And what terrible wrinkles he´s got!!!!! When he laughs, he seems to be a 45 years-old vampire! When he´s not laughing, he´s quite cute though.
Seriously folks, Akira just looks crap. Kinda like that dude whom an incredibly drunk/near-sighted Makino confused with Rui.
And also Tsubaki. Maybe her skin is the best one: blemish-free, not too white, not too tanned.
Can't put my finger on it, but there's something about Nanako's complexion that lets me know that she's had a child. It's kind of a mix between a slightly tired pastiness and healthy glow. Her legs still look 18. Drool. ;)
And i don't think that mars is just to college students trying to talk things over... more you read.. and more you watch Mars you sense how dense are..
>_< have so many psico problems.. that freak you out.
Let me clarify that a bit. I'm putting this in spoilers because this is non-Hana and a bit long . . .
One of the things I love about the Mars adaptation -- which may be more due to budget constraints than, say, a documentary-ish treatment -- is how crappy everything looks, and how mundanely their friendship/intimate moments are depicted. This is really, really important because, in any given sequences, be it in at university, the art studio, or in his apartment, you are aware of place and privacy, as you might on an episode of Real World (minus the busy camera work.) The principal acting also feels extremely relaxed with an emphasis on much longer takes where characters on the move seem to be coming into a scene rather than being immediately there. Scenes with longer takes can test an audience's passion.

Most of the stylization, rather than empathizing romantic pathos, consist of psychological thriller devices (elliptical sped-up flashback sequences, the mirror technique, "behind the shoulder" tracking shots), which makes the show at times genuinely creepy. Guilt and sadness permeates the story, which may be a quirky reading of the original story (since the lead guy is supposed to be a man of imperious, dangerous rage.) I like that interpretation too; in the live-action, they aren't teenagers and don't act like them at all. There's a Big Chill-vibe here that wouldn't be appropriate were they cast as teenagers, as in the manga.

And, so, what I love about the show is basically you have a dialectical construction between the mundanity of college life (peppered with cool racing) and the horror-esque stylization of both characters' personal lives. In this version, their love is a support system, so that they can have, finally, normal lives. I love that struggle, though I think (from the little I've looked at the manga), it's a quirky reading of the shoujo.
Telenovelas, especially Telemundo telenovelas definitely rock. I don't understand a dang thing they say, but my eyes don't care. ;)

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Dec 9th, '05, 03:06

shiruchan wrote:About Nya fansubs, are there softsubs? I´ve searched for them, but it seems there are only hardsubs.
They're hardsubbed, and they seem to swear a lot :unsure:
(@Lowest: I love your avatar! I love Akira!! ^^).
Thanks :wub: I did another Akira one when I was making a tutorial which I haven't used yet.

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Dec 9th, '05, 03:18

slippyepic wrote:Telenovelas, especially Telemundo telenovelas definitely rock. I don't understand a dang thing they say, but my eyes don't care. ;)
Seriously? You really like Mexican dramas? That´s funny! I used to like some of them in past, starring Thalia (do you know her?), but now, I just can´t stand Mexican dramas cause they´re too too melodramatic. And I think the acting is overdone. Maybe, if I watched in Spanish it would be better than watching Portuguese-dubbed (which is pretty horrible).

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 9th, '05, 03:24

Typical conversation between me and a friend

Friend: "What are you watching?"
Me: "Telenovela."
Friend: "What is it?"
Me: "How the hell should I know?"
Friend: "Oh. Breasts?"
Me: "Gran."

Well, I AM a guy, ;) But, seriously, the only soap I watch religiously is the OC. It's cheese at its finest. :D

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 9th, '05, 04:04

shiruchan wrote:
slippyepic wrote:Telenovelas, especially Telemundo telenovelas definitely rock. I don't understand a dang thing they say, but my eyes don't care. ;)
Seriously? You really like Mexican dramas? That´s funny! I used to like some of them in past, starring Thalia (do you know her?), but now, I just can´t stand Mexican dramas cause they´re too too melodramatic. And I think the acting is overdone. Maybe, if I watched in Spanish it would be better than watching Portuguese-dubbed (which is pretty horrible).
:offtopic: I love telenovelas. The twists and turns reminds me of a kdrama. Thalia became huge at our country a decade ago. I was addicted to Marimar(Aw costanita soy! XD the song is still stuck in my head), and watched a dozen of her dramas after that. There's also this telenovela about a kid called Luz Clarita. That was just so cute. Whooops...hmm, I better stop babbling nonsense...

gemplee

HYD Ep7

Post by gemplee » Dec 9th, '05, 04:19

Hi!

I know I'm late in posting this since they'll be showing ep8 this evening but I really like the scene where Domyoji saw Rui embracing Makino at the stairwell. His pose was like nonchalance but his eyes say so much, they speak of the hurt, disappointment and betrayal by the woman he loves and his good friend (maybe it's just me reading too much into it, this is just my opinion).

I also adore the scene where Domyoji and Makino were arguing. To me, it shows the life and passion between them as opposed to the monotonous and staidness between Rui and Makino, I squirmed in my seat while watching Makino try to make conversations during the date with Rui. :whistling:

bubu

Post by bubu » Dec 9th, '05, 04:23

:offtopic: I love telenovelas. The twists and turns reminds me of a kdrama. Thalia became huge at our country a decade ago. I was addicted to Marimar(Aw costanita soy! XD the song is still stuck in my head), and watched a dozen of her dramas after that. There's also this telenovela about a kid called Luz Clarita. That was just so cute. Whooops...hmm, I better stop babbling nonsense...
I saw Luz Clarita... its cute but too long.. somehow i was bored and tired in the middle of the series.. but eventually it came out good...

Can't wait until seeing esp 8...... :whistling:

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 9th, '05, 18:40

Hana yori dango ep08 (704x396 DivX) RAW
just came out on d-addicts!! HAPPY NE!!!

jho
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: HYD Ep7

Post by jho » Dec 9th, '05, 18:51

gemplee wrote:Hi!

I know I'm late in posting this since they'll be showing ep8 this evening but I really like the scene where Domyoji saw Rui embracing Makino at the stairwell. His pose was like nonchalance but his eyes say so much, they speak of the hurt, disappointment and betrayal by the woman he loves and his good friend (maybe it's just me reading too much into it, this is just my opinion).

I also adore the scene where Domyoji and Makino were arguing. To me, it shows the life and passion between them as opposed to the monotonous and staidness between Rui and Makino, I squirmed in my seat while watching Makino try to make conversations during the date with Rui. :whistling:
I knowwww omgosh me too. When I first saw that scene.. Gahh I wanted to cry T____T His eyes looked so, so sad.. I was so hurt for him!!

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Dec 9th, '05, 21:15

againnn....i couldn't resist to watch the RAW! *mind you, i ABSOLUTELY can't speak japanese*
looks like there won't be any saturn necklace scene :cry:
But hey! they make the TOJ scene instead :cheers: I think it's a great decision. At least those who compare hanadan and meteor garden would not compare this two series anymore.

I don't understand the dialogue (waiting in vain for the sub), but i like the scene where Tsukushi came to Tsukasa's room and Tsukasa consoled her.
ganbare yo?!

cees

Post by cees » Dec 9th, '05, 21:33

jaycee05 wrote:
shiruchan wrote:
i watched most of thailia's dramas like
marimar, rosalinda, maria mercades, maria ....and more
iam a big fan of her and i even like her songs
Attachments
My friend drew this picture,nice huh?
My friend drew this picture,nice huh?
rosalinda.jpg (106.97 KiB) Viewed 4958 times

Harmonycloud

Post by Harmonycloud » Dec 9th, '05, 22:14

slippyepic really only nine episodes??
I dont have any bit torrent I dont know why it doesnt work on my computer for some reason I was downloading it on a clubbox but the member I was downloading from took off the link does anyone know where else I could DL the series?

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 9th, '05, 22:19

renko

Post by renko » Dec 10th, '05, 00:17

I think this might be off-topic but I thought that HYD manga fans probably would like to know that in the latest issue of Margaret, Kamio made a personal announcement that she will be writing a sequel to HYD in 2006! Right now it's uncertain whether it will be a serialization or a side story; however, some readers claim that it will be a serialization.

Wow. With the manga having a rather open ending, this is rather exciting! Though I'm a bit apprehensive because as we all know, sequels tend not to be able to surpass their predecessors. *keeps fingers crossed*

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 10th, '05, 00:34

renko wrote:I think this might be off-topic but I thought that HYD manga fans probably would like to know that in the latest issue of Margaret, Kamio made a personal announcement that she will be writing a sequel to HYD in 2006! Right now it's uncertain whether it will be a serialization or a side story; however, some readers claim that it will be a serialization.

Wow. With the manga having a rather open ending, this is rather exciting! Though I'm a bit apprehensive because as we all know, sequels tend not to be able to surpass their predecessors. *keeps fingers crossed*

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :goggle:
It this REALLY true???????????
REALLY?? OMG :wub:
I die here...
I'm really dead..
:cheers: OMG!!! :cheers:
This make my 2006 year already...
I'm about to cry... maybe.. she will show their future??? :cry:
I really really wanna see that...
Do you know where can i get this information for sure?

renko

Post by renko » Dec 10th, '05, 01:17

I'm part of a Yahoo! group that posts a lot of up-to-date shoujo-related stuff. I just got the email today. Also, it's a members-restricted group so I can't exactly give you a link or anything. Sorry! ^^;; Also, the person who released this has never, to my knowledge, given incorrect information (as of yet). Sorry again, you'll have to take my word for it. :-)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 10th, '05, 01:25

WAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! RENKO THIS IS SO F***ING COOL!!!
You really made my day. No, my week. My month!!
I was kind of disappointed as episode 8 didn't turn out as expected
What was that talk about aliens?? I think the screenwriter missed that they watched Saturn because Tsukushi is capricorn.:lol It was funny though. And when Doumyouji talked about them being bond by fate I was melting away.
I think it was cute when he hugged Tsukushi after he told her everything will be alright with that weed power of hers. I longed for that scene. :wub:
Didn't like the flow of the episode though. The ToJ was the coolest because Doumyouji was the only one who believed in her. Then again, it's kind of nice this way, having many people behind her, too. The scenes with the F4 teaching Tsukushi were hilarious!
Also I thought Shun looked great in the fighting scene though I was kind of disapointed he was the one to save her. Hehe.
What I totally disliked was those weird stances you saw the F4 (and also Tsukushi) like 3 or 4 times with light shining on them and everything, which was way exaggarated. AND Ayano's appearance. So it's not Shigeru but Ayano, sort of in the Shigeru's position as Doumyouji's fiancée. What bugs me is that Doumyouji knew about his engagement. And especially that he greeted her like that. Looked like he once had a crush on her or anything. Raah, I don't even wanna think about such a thing. >_<
That aside, Yuuki really isn't much of a friend in the drama. I thought so in ep 3 already when she never paid attention to what Tsukushi said or did but this time it's like the worst.
Anyways, PARTY TIME!!! A hanadan sequel!! YAAAY! It's like a dream. I only hope Kamio-sensei will be able to draw them again. AND PLEASE don't let 4 years have passed. I hate the thought of them being separated for so long. I'd like to have a story like Tsukushi staying in NY during winter break or anything, or them staying in Canada at New Year's Eve as it supposedly was some sort of tradition before.
Isn't it great? I mean, there's always a sequel, a side story, a new version of the manga, a new nation that adapts the manga into live action. :lol It's like Hanadan never dies! I'm so happy and hyper! Let's dance!!! :cheers:
Last edited by Kathleen on Dec 10th, '05, 02:08, edited 1 time in total.

renko

Post by renko » Dec 10th, '05, 02:04

Yeah, I was afraid that Kamio Yoko might be a little rusty with drawing (is that what you meant by hoping that she'll be able to draw them again?) since I hadn't heard from for a while now, so I assumed she was taking a break of sorts. But apparently, she has a series going on right now called Cat Street, which I think is on its 3rd volume now?

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 10th, '05, 02:18

renko wrote:Yeah, I was afraid that Kamio Yoko might be a little rusty with drawing (is that what you meant by hoping that she'll be able to draw them again?) since I hadn't heard from for a while now, so I assumed she was taking a break of sorts. But apparently, she has a series going on right now called Cat Street, which I think is on its 3rd volume now?
Exactly. Condensation (http://www.condensation.us), the group I'm proofreading for actually works on it, so I'll just ask the "boss" if she knows anything in particular about Kamio-sensei's announcement of drawing a sequel.
As for the drawing, yes and now, I was basically referring to the Hanadan style, not of her ability to actually draw. Okay, there are at least 5 different ways she drew Doumyouji throughout the whole series but I just don't want a 6th version if you know what I mean. Sadly enough she seems to like the way she drew at the very end of Hanadan (I don't like those odd noses) as about every girl in Cat Street looks like Tsukushi. -_- I can recommend the story though. It's a lot different from Hanadan but really good. And Condensation does an excellent job on it, too. :mrgreen:

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 10th, '05, 02:59

renko wrote:I'm part of a Yahoo! group that posts a lot of up-to-date shoujo-related stuff. I just got the email today. Also, it's a members-restricted group so I can't exactly give you a link or anything. Sorry! ^^;; Also, the person who released this has never, to my knowledge, given incorrect information (as of yet). Sorry again, you'll have to take my word for it. :-)
Hi!! I saw my e-mail now..
:whistling: you see.. the first thing that i do when I'm in Internet is look for my hyd site and then look for d-addicts forum...
I really addict :glare:
well i saw.. that Elina that makes Cat Street summary ( a new and good manga from Yoko Kamio.. that I'm reading and i liked very much... but for me the dark haired guy is Doumyoji.. T_T)
Post in the Yahoo mail group in HYDML and Rosseta cafe stone...
So .. yeah..
is not that i didn't trust in you.. sorry Renko.. you 're my goodness for bring so wonderful news...
i just can't believe!!!
It is some trick.. I'm sure T__T
is just... I really wanna see... I don't wanna to that 4 years have pass... T_T is so long!!!! How is gonna be..
Well..
You can See me dancing just beside Kathleen... and singing too XD

Yukster

Post by Yukster » Dec 10th, '05, 07:57

Kinda disappointed... average story, poor acting... did not live up to the hype...

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 10th, '05, 07:59

Yukster wrote:Kinda disappointed... average story, poor acting... did not live up to the hype...
How many episodes have you seen? Just curious to your response to HYD!!

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 10th, '05, 16:55

makino_sanbr wrote:
Kathleen wrote: I was kind of disappointed as episode 8 didn't turn out as expected
What was that talk about aliens?? I think the screenwriter missed that they watched Saturn because Tsukushi is capricorn.:lol It was funny though. And when Doumyouji talked about them being bond by fate I was melting away.
I think it was cute when he hugged Tsukushi after he told her everything will be alright with that weed power of hers. I longed for that scene. :wub:
Didn't like the flow of the episode though. The ToJ was the coolest because Doumyouji was the only one who believed in her. Then again, it's kind of nice this way, having many people behind her, too. The scenes with the F4 teaching Tsukushi were hilarious!
Also I thought Shun looked great in the fighting scene though I was kind of disapointed he was the one to save her. Hehe.
What I totally disliked was those weird stances you saw the F4 (and also Tsukushi) like 3 or 4 times with light shining on them and everything, which was way exaggarated. AND Ayano's appearance. So it's not Shigeru but Ayano, sort of in the Shigeru's position as Doumyouji's fiancée. What bugs me is that Doumyouji knew about his engagement. And especially that he greeted her like that. Looked like he once had a crush on her or anything. Raah, I don't even wanna think about such a thing. >_<
That aside, Yuuki really isn't much of a friend in the drama. I thought so in ep 3 already when she never paid attention to what Tsukushi said or did but this time it's like the worst.
Well.. I agree with kathleen...
but again about ep.08 i need subtittles... people should make me stay way from raw... >_<
I didn't liked how they 'almost' showed the saturn necklace... what was that? They were kidding with HYD fans???? >_<
I want the saturn necklace scene!!!
Sure that was moments that i was "ohhhhhhhhh tsukasa!!!" :wub:
But yet.. i don't understand!!! How they will end this on the NEXT ep???!?!?!?! O_O
With the TOJ... and a kidnapper Doumyoji!
What the hell was that?!? Someone can explain to me?
And i didn't understand what kathleen said about yuki too... T_T
Well.. I always thought how great would be four guys that are everything good in the world and they protect me...
In the end.. i like very much how the 5 end like good friends..
But really is too much for my mind...
What about that Ayano/Shigeru???????? :cussing:
i didn't like... :glare:
I have to take some days to digest this...
But in the end.. i didn't dislike this ep.
it was cute ...
Well.. let's wait for this last ep...
I truly hope for second season....
Well. but if don't have one..
I will take this sere a good way to show HYD history... but i will recommend very very much to people read the manga!!!

Rizu-Chan

Post by Rizu-Chan » Dec 10th, '05, 17:37

I am watching Episode 8, I have no idea what they are saying.. X_____X
Could someone give me a summary? I speak limited Japanese.

pifernac

I need help

Post by pifernac » Dec 10th, '05, 19:02

Hello....
Anybody knows where I can find "Meteor garden" for download?
In some page called "jem" or something like that was a meteor garden ", but I want to see the one.
please help me....

cees

Re: I need help

Post by cees » Dec 10th, '05, 19:07

pifernac wrote:Hello....
Anybody knows where I can find "Meteor garden" for download?
In some page called "jem" or something like that was a meteor garden ", but I want to see the one.
please help me....
i think u will find it in this site:
http://jtv-forum.clubbed.org/index.php?showtopic=3038

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 11th, '05, 01:05

I'm not quite sure whether it is now official or not.. but have they finally decided to make a second season.. based on what I've seen so far [epi. 7].. there's still way to many events to touch bases on.. it just doesn't seem possible for them to tie in every single detail in the last 2 episodes.. I still have high hopes :D .. now I can't even resist anymore, I'm downloading the 8th episode even if it doesn't have subtitles.. hopefully I'll catch on to what's going on.. I just love the scene that will be coming up!!

I'm so glad to hear that Kamio is doing a followup on HYD. Has she been influenced by the growing number of fans staying tuned in to the drama?! [I've read in the prev. posts that some episodes hasn't recieved large numbers, but I'm sure it quite obvious how popular this series is!] I guess I'll be back once I finish watching the 8th episode :P

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 11th, '05, 02:25

About makino_sanbr's comments on the friendship thing between them 5.

Maybe I'm crazy, but do you think Makino in a way don't really love Dom at ALL? I mean she's touched by the things he did for her. But, love is not based on how much this other person did for you and how you accept it as "LOVE".

This is another crazy thing that i'm thinking, do you think the producers would end it with Dom and Makino as VERY GOOD FRIENDS instead of lovers in Ep.9? Hey, they changed a lot in this version of HYD, why can't they?? This is not like MG or whatever or like the Manga!!

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 11th, '05, 02:37

CarolL wrote:Maybe I'm crazy, but do you think Makino in a way don't really love Dom at ALL? I mean she's touched by the things he did for her. But, love is not based on how much this other person did for you and how you accept it as "LOVE".

This is another crazy thing that i'm thinking, do you think the producers would end it with Dom and Makino as VERY GOOD FRIENDS instead of lovers in Ep.9? Hey, they changed a lot in this version of HYD, why can't they?? This is not like MG or whatever or like the Manga!!
You have a point there about makino's feelings. Throughout the series, you could see her hesitations when it comes to Domyouji, but she starts to only question his kindness b/c of all the things he's done for her. But the moment that made me believe that she started having feelings for him is during episode 5..
When Makino ran into both Domyouji and Sakurako, she was dumbfounded at the sight before her. Later on though, she did confess to Yuki that when she saw Domyouji with Sakurako, she felt pain in her heart. Perhaps, that could be jealousy, but I wouldn't lean onto jealousy over love b/c when you see a person whom you had feelings for with someone else, there's pain [the type of pain that the person you love has moved on, it tugs at your heart]. However, had it been jealousy, she would've been enraged... Not to mention during episode 7, all she could do was reminice on Domyouji's and her previous dates.. that goes to show that she thinks of him.. not b/c of pity or being grateful, but b/c there's something hidden that she is still in denial of
On another thought.. My god, GOOD FRIENDS?!?! I seriously hope they wouldn't go as far as that. I see how they have twisted and molded some scenes together, which of course sets it different from the manga/TW drama.. but the whole essence of HYD would be thrown out. I could only hope for the best that they don't end it with them as friends. I'd be so disappointed!

I can't wait til episode 8 finishes?! --Still hoping for a second season :unsure: a girl can only hope--
Last edited by hmm_yeh on Dec 11th, '05, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 11th, '05, 04:06

If they become "just friends", I'll . . . :cry: :cry: :cry:

I haven't seen Episode 8 yet, but my feeling right now is Makino's feelings for Domyoji are still, well, 3 or 4 manga volumes behind where it should be at this point. I hate beating a dead horse but the way they wrote Episode 5 set back her side of the romance.

To be fair, she flip-flopped through the first half of the story. But you never doubted that he meant a lot to her in some way or another.

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 11th, '05, 04:08

CarolL wrote:About makino_sanbr's comments on the friendship thing between them 5.

Maybe I'm crazy, but do you think Makino in a way don't really love Dom at ALL? I mean she's touched by the things he did for her. But, love is not based on how much this other person did for you and how you accept it as "LOVE".

This is another crazy thing that I'm thinking, do you think the producers would end it with Dom and Makino as VERY GOOD FRIENDS instead of lovers in Ep.9? Hey, they changed a lot in this version of HYD, why can't they?? This is not like MG or whatever or like the Manga!!
Hi..
What i was trying to say.. about the friendship about they
was that besides Doumyoji be totally crazy in love for makino.
She has too the friendship from F3. Rui is a bit more complicated... but the feeling is that
Not only Doumyoji change her world...
But She chance his worlds and the world around F3...
Well.. for me is like that..

And about your question
if i think Makino in a way don't really love Dom at ALL?
NO.
For me she loves him.
Well.. maybe is because in this drama we have only 9 ep.
But in HYD you can see that She ask herself about this.
She thinks " only be this compassion? pity?"
and again she give the answers " No this isn't compassion"
When that person is so important to you that is like the air that you breath
when that person is the only thing that you think
when you understand that your life without him is so hard...
This isn't compassion. She needed him, she wanted him...
Yes, Doumyoji has this way of Push on her his feelings
and he do a lot of things to her.. but she didn't accept all of that...
she could be without him...
My sister another day ask me... when we are reading the last volumes
"When she become to love Tsukasa so much?"
when Loves begin?...
Good question..
:blink
About the end.. in good friends... GOD! I Hope they not do that.
>_<
Sure that is different... but to tell you the true...
For me HYD has to be doumyoji and makino together, always fight each other XD
but together even if this together is really fairway...

theloststarling

Post by theloststarling » Dec 11th, '05, 11:55

hmm_yeh wrote:I'm not quite sure whether it is now official or not.. but have they finally decided to make a second season..
wooo!!! Where did you find that out?! That's the best news I've heard all day!! I ran out earlier today and bought the new soundtrack for the show. It's soo nice!

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 11th, '05, 14:54

theloststarling wrote:wooo!!! Where did you find that out?! That's the best news I've heard all day!! I ran out earlier today and bought the new soundtrack for the show. It's soo nice!
uhhh.. you've got the wrong idea.. Sorry!?! If you go to page 74 and 75, you'll see the talk of a second eason.. I was merely wondering whether TBS has made the decision or not.. I surely hope they will.. This is the post I'm referring.
CarolL wrote:Hi I was reading the message from the producer on the TBS HYD homepage. He says that he is happy and encouraged to receive so many letters from the fans, but as for having a part 2 or special, it depends on what TBS management decides later on.

BuNnIeMomiJi

Post by BuNnIeMomiJi » Dec 11th, '05, 16:44

ummm does anyone knows when to get hana yori dango scanlations?

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 11th, '05, 18:28

BuNnIeMomiJi wrote:ummm does anyone knows when to get hana yori dango scanlations?
http://hyd.owarinai.net/

dolfina

Post by dolfina » Dec 11th, '05, 18:50

Hi, I'm sort of new around here... my 1st post in D-Addicts...

Can someone explain about the Saturn bit in ep8? The part where Tsukasa says that both he and Tsukushi are from Saturn, blah blah blah... I have tried watching that part thrice, and still don't understand, what is the big deal about it and why Tsukasa is so passionate about it... And it has been bugging me since, anyone please HELP!!!

-- by a confused HYD addict

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 11th, '05, 21:23

I just finished watching episode 8, the raw version.. and I'm completely befuddled by this episode. I guess not having subtitles to go along with their dialogue contributes to that.. but it just left me confused.. how the hell are they going to end this in the next episode?!?! [I'm still hoping that they will have a second season.. my hope rises more and more.. I feel like they just want to surprise the audience b/c they didn't show a preview of the "finale".. well, my imagination might also be running wild]
Anyway, why oh why didn't they show the saturn necklace?! I was hoping to catch a glimpse of that, yet again, they took out another crucial moment between the two. But the scene where I'm assuming Domyouji told Makino that everything will be okay, somewhat makes up for it. I loved the way he hugged her, it was absolutely heartwarming!! It was another reason why audiences should believe that Domyouji belongs with Makino, b/c he truly cares for her. Even though [I'm assuming] Domyouji was insulting Makino during the whole time F4 was teaching Makino the tricks of the trade of becoming a lady, it was to motivate her. To make her want to prove him wrong.

Another thing... what is up with Ayano?! I would've thought that they would include Shigeru here, but I guess not. That was a bit disappointing b/c I wanted to see Shigeru become supportive of Makino's relationship with Domyouji later on.. [what later on am I even talking about.. there's only ONE episode left!! --but in the back of my mind, I'm convinced differently!] What really bothered me about the scene when Ayano makes her appearance is that fact that Domyouji appeared aware of it!! Not to mention, it didn't seem like he even acknowledged Makino's presence while Ayano was there! :glare: [maybe I'm wrong, I really do need subtitles..] It totally threw me off when he obviously knew about "the engagement" (Ayano takes Shigeru's place as his fiancee right?!)..

Last thing.. the kidnapping?! :cussing: That is so not right. I don't like how the events were followed in this episode. It just left me with too many questions.. :cry: One itsy bitsy thing, the moment Makino screams out Tsukasa's name during the TOJ [next episode].. it depressed me. :unsure:
Can anyone please translate the words that was showed at the end, after the scene when F4 and Makino was promoting the Manga.. I feel like those were crucial sentences, that I'm definitely missing out on.. Damn, I want to see the subtitles and the 9th episode already. :cry:

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 11th, '05, 21:51

hmm_yeh wrote:I
Can anyone please translate the words that was showed at the end, after the scene when F4 and Makino was promoting the Manga.. I feel like those were crucial sentences, that I'm definitely missing out on.. Damn, I want to see the subtitles and the 9th episode already. :cry:
Well.. at least i'm not the only one that is feeling lost...
We have to stop see this ep in raw.. XD
I agree with every doubt that you put.. >_<
but if any good soul could do the translation.. thanks already..

:lol

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 11th, '05, 22:25

Translation of the last lines:

Next week for the last time
a 15 mintues special!!
Will Doumyouji survive it?
Will Tsukushi come to save him in time?
Or will it be 'Good-bye, Doumyouji'?
Last edited by Kathleen on Dec 11th, '05, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 11th, '05, 22:30

Read this:
You know... I was just kidding. (Say thanks to shiru-chan. It was her idea. :P) Here's the real translation of the lines:
Next week for the finale
a 15 mintues special!!
Will fortuna smile at them...?! (= Will everything be good)
Don't miss the emotional climax!!
:lol :lol :lol

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 11th, '05, 22:42

Kathleen wrote:Read this:
You know... I was just kidding. (Say thanks to shiru-chan. It was her idea. :P) Here's the real translation of the lines:
Next week for the finale
a 15 mintues special!!
XD
I almost believed!!!!!!
You two are really evil with poor HYD fans that are almost dyiing for subtittles!!!!!

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Dec 11th, '05, 22:45

makino_sanbr wrote:
Next week for the finale
a 15 mintues special!!
XD
I almost believed!!!!!!
You two are really evil with poor HYD fans that are almost dyiing for subtittles!!!!!
Sorry :mrgreen: !!!! It was my idea, but I couldn´t help doing some jokes to you. :D
Hope nobody will be angry with us!!!!!!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 11th, '05, 22:52

True, true. But in the case the ending won't be good (as some of us might be afraid of) we came up with an alternate ending: Tsukushi fights the SPs in order to rescue Doumyouji.
I want to add, she's wearing a Lara Croft outfit and her weapons are from Super Mario.

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 12th, '05, 04:32

Makino_sanbr, hehe. I think even if we do try to stop watching the raw version, we simply wouldn't be able to resist. :unsure:
Next week for the finale
a 15 mintues special!!
oh my.. I almost believed your first post had I not srolled down.. that is pretty funny though once you think about it.. but not when we pressume it was the truth! ahaha.. I'll shut up now.. question though...
you said that one part translated to Don't miss the emotional climax!!.. key word being "climax" [this is the real translation though right, no more jokes?!:P] .. as far as I know... a climax would usually be in the middle of the story and not at the end.. am I mistaken?! That's what I've learned from reading and from school.. anyway.. being that they did say climax.. the flame of hope is lighting up more and more. Damn.. I really do need to stop hoping [I'd juust be disappointed if I was wrong.. though I am expecting the worst to come]. It would just be weird for them to say an ending is a climax.. :unsure:
hmm... lara croft get up for Makino.. hmm.. I do see a bit of an angelina jolie thing in her.. ahaha.. just kidding :thumright:

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 12th, '05, 10:00

Ep.8 Soft SUB is out on d-addicts NOW, go grab it!!
THEY ARE FAST THIS TIME!!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 12th, '05, 10:56

@ hmm_yeh: A climax is the most dramatic point of the story. Usually it's not in the middle of the story but rather towards the end. What you learned is probably that it's rare to find a climax that is at the VERY end as there are usually at least a couple of minutes when everything eases off after the big fight or car chase or some confession of love or whatever makes the climax. And to answer your question about the translation: I didn't even need to translate this word, really as they wrote it in Katakana which means it already was in English (well it said: kuraimakkusu which is just their funny way of writing / pronouncing the word). :-)

aso0omy-chan

Post by aso0omy-chan » Dec 12th, '05, 11:07

woa~~~h! 1 more episode! cant wait, but i dont want it to finish cuz i really love this drama! TT__TT

is any1 know, if there will be a 2nd season or not?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 12th, '05, 11:54

aso0omy-chan wrote:woa~~~h! 1 more episode! cant wait, but i dont want it to finish cuz i really love this drama! TT__TT

is any1 know, if there will be a 2nd season or not?
We all want a 2nd sequel but I don't think the producers will make one. It's more or less unlikely to happen :(

Vivien

Post by Vivien » Dec 12th, '05, 12:05

[/spoiler]
in episode 8, where tsukushi's learning how to play piano for TOJ, does anyone know the song she's learning?
i wanna go learn it now but i dont know what it is

sorry, i dont know how to make it hidden, im new

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Dec 12th, '05, 14:28

Everytime I see the F4 come marching in together in a pose and when they are giving Makino the peptalk, I'm just waiting for the moment for some one to go... "With the four powers combined, I am Captain Planet"
Yea, I've been brainwashed by way too many cartoons and animes. damn.. :sweat:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 12th, '05, 19:02

Who's the actress playing Kurimaki Ayano in Ep 08?? She looks good and I don't think Makino stand a chance against her.

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 13th, '05, 01:58

@Kathleen: whoops.. I phrased what I meant in a completely wrong way.:doh: It is definitely rare to find a climax as the last episode.. I don't, I'm still a bit skeptical about how they're going to go about ending this series. I just wished that they would have thought this whole thing out much more clearly before starting this series. It bites knowing that there wasn't any networks willing to take this series up and that it had been a last minute choice. :crazy: About the katakana.. sorry! I'm in the process of learning the writing system as well as the language.. I won't bother you any longer once I've had a better understanding of it.. :unsure:

hmm.. I still found Makino prettier than Ayano.. I don't know if it's just me.. but there was something I didn't like about her smile.. [specifically her teeth.. it wasn't bad, but it was perfect either]. Not to mention.. I'm a stickler for the characters I love.. ahaha. well everyone is entitled to their opinion. :lol:

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Dec 13th, '05, 02:16

I also find Makino much prettier than Ayano. I wonder why they only decided to make 9 eps. It doesn't feel enough. I really hope they make a season 2. It feels rushed somehow. :-(

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 13th, '05, 02:27

i think that makino looks better.she's cuter. aya seems older..

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 13th, '05, 10:14

hmm_yeh: What are you saying? You don't bother me at all. It's pretty much fun actually, especially when I can use the chance to play little tricks on you . :P Ah, no no, I won't do this again. Promise. Hehe.
As for the climax, now you probably got me wrong again. Yes, it actually is the most likely to find the climax in the last episode. If not, nobody would watch the last episode, right? It's probably just not the very last minute of the last episode because it would leave the spectators in some kind of shock that they have to recover from on their own which would be a bad thing since when watching movies we expect the characters in the movie to build up tension as to ease the tension. So, usually there are like 3 to 10 minutes left after the climax ends. Often depending on the length of the show. In Titanic there probably were even 15 minutes after the Titanic sank as Rose was still finishing her story. I hope this explains it a little better.

xiaowanzi

Post by xiaowanzi » Dec 13th, '05, 17:44

Heehee...

i give it a 4!
I really really love e drama... except that itz kinda short..
But even though itz short... i still :wub: :wub: it! :mrgreen:

Only 1 more episode to go... :cry:

*prays for a sequel or at least a special*
waiting waiting for e HG hyd too~ hahaha

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 14th, '05, 03:58

@ Kathleen: gawh?! I'm at a complete loss of words now.. :doh: hehe.. my mind's not even thinking right anymore [burnt out from stressful exams!]. I get you now though.. after thinking over and over again. [Do I sound unsure there.. :unsure: ?!] I see what you mean though.. example on Titanic made me understand better. ehehe... But I still do wonder how they will end this series, I hope it will be good for the sake of Hana Yori Dango itself. Oh yeah, within time.. maybe not soon enough.. maybe I'll get to play tricks on other people as well.. hehe doubt it though. :lol: 3 more days!! and the sub for 8th episode along with the finale will be out.. can't wait!

apples

Post by apples » Dec 14th, '05, 08:37

i really don't know how to react to episode 8. i like it in many ways, but the appearance of ayano kinda disappointed me. it's probably because if ever there will be a second season, then there will be no shigeru. and i love shigeru! i guess i'll only see the sakurako+shigeru duo in the manga.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Dec 14th, '05, 08:50

weird, i'm so totally not feeling the excitement like everyone else...
i've only watched 3 eps or so by now and i actually like it, but i'm far from hanging off every episode like i am with nobuta or a few other series this season...
maybe cause i basically already know what happens... *shrugs*
still a good series though and fun to watch everyone all hyped up... :lol

snoweviolet

Post by snoweviolet » Dec 14th, '05, 11:18

Well, reading the manga, it took Makino a long long LONG time to admit her feelings for Domiyouj. Not because she doesn't have feelings for him, but because she's a sort of control freak who is overwhelmed by the feeling of being in love. Ironically, what it came down to was that our fiery Tsukushi was a coward when it came to love. The catharsis when she finally admits her feelings is very poignant when it finally happens, litle by little in the manga.

~snoweviolet~

usyagitntn

Post by usyagitntn » Dec 16th, '05, 04:45

The last ep will be aired in Japan tonight. I can't wait to see how they're gonna resolve everything. But I seriously hope for a second season( anyone know if there's some kind of an announcement for a 2nd season???), I just can't get enough of HYD!!!!! ( stilll can't believe it's only 9 ep and the last ep will be aired today :cry: )

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 16th, '05, 05:03

Im so anxious too...
I can wait to see the last ep!!!
>__<
I'm dying here.