4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 820

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 11th, '05, 02:11

Kathleen wrote: Like: As I've seen in the preview / spoiler /. What do you guys think?
I did I think... but as it says in my sig... I'm sleep typing right now waiting for subs to Hana Yori Dango :blink , I'm a lost case. :lol

In the end, it is up to our selves, and our clickety habits, to click or not to click on the hidden button :blink ham-let (weird how everything revolves around pigs after seeing this dorama)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 11th, '05, 02:44

techie wrote:
Kathleen wrote: Like: As I've seen in the preview / spoiler /. What do you guys think
I did I think... but as it says in my sig... I'm sleep typing right now waiting for subs to Hana Yori Dango :blink , I'm a lost case. :lol ?
Oh well, I said you did, didn't I? I mean I can understand your point about being frustrated to have read the spoiler as you didn't know what it was about whereas I did since you indicated you have read poring-angelical's spoiler. Phew, complicated this is...
Neways, enjoy Hanadan. I'm not really sure if I should like it for its actors and stuff or totally dislike because of the whole story that is cramped into 9 episodes. >.<
(weird how everything revolves around pigs after seeing this dorama)
Hahaha! I once gave my mother a little piglet that was made of marzipan. I had almost forgotten it if it wasn't for today when I found it sitting right beside the telephone. And I was like in a daze, holding the candy pig at eye level, murmuring: "Did you know... they bring good luck?"
My mom: "Huh? You gone nuts?"
:lol

Well then, I'm off. *watches NoP ep 9* :D

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 11th, '05, 04:08

gosh, i still d/l it ... this time i can resist not to read everyone's comment before watching it ... :lol

but those spoiler boxes are so tempting :cry:

i gonna vome vack to this thread after watching ... can't wait

Amrai

Post by Amrai » Dec 11th, '05, 04:50

Wahhhhh--- what a huge cliffhanger. And if there are only 10 episodes... then it's ending next week????! Yada :cry:
Still rooting for Mariko and Akira. I'm glad to see that Mariko is really nice on the inside, in the talk with Nobuko. I understood the episode with my limited Japanese vocabulary, but I can't wait for the subs.

I thought the Aoi-san thing ended interestingly enough. It tied back into the whole "Do something no one else has done before" from the first episode. That suicide scene :O So freaky when you don't know it's a dream, but then again, I wondered where the note came from.

Right, what was with the guitars at the end?

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Dec 11th, '05, 09:02

Kathleen wrote: Hahaha! I once gave my mother a little piglet that was made of marzipan. I had almost forgotten it if it wasn't for today when I found it sitting right beside the telephone. And I was like in a daze, holding the candy pig at eye level, murmuring: "Did you know... they bring good luck?"
My mom: "Huh? You gone nuts?"
what a cool mother you got there :lol I even thinking of changing my frenster background to piglets

tenshi62

Post by tenshi62 » Dec 11th, '05, 11:52

i was wondering if anyone know if there is hardsubs of this series?

unkei

Post by unkei » Dec 11th, '05, 13:22

phew just watched ep 9. it made me cry AGAIN haha =D i am rooting for NO ROMANCE GODDAMNIT!!! strength of eternal friendship all the way~~~~~
by the end of ep 8, you hate aoi. by the end of ep 9, you just feel sorry for her. shuuji was outstanding in this episode~ you really feel his sincerity and GENUINE care for nobuta during the scene where he begs the class. i love how he goes to sit on akira's side of the room now =D how sweet is that?!

i also loved that scene where aoi was saying that shuuji and akira haven't really tried their best to produce nobuta, and then akira hits her with his toy hammer because even though he wants to throttle her he can't hit a girl ROFL. shuuji was all like "whoa...back off back off..." xD
does anyone notice that every episode there is some shuuji/akira 'interaction'? they always do something suggestive, like hug, or sleep together, or pucker up at each other. it's great, and they NEVER fail to do something like that every time. who else reckons it's a JE ploy to get more fangirls' attentions? =D

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 11th, '05, 17:53

Wowowow! episode 9 is amazing! I can't believe there's only 1 more episode left :goggle:

I might regret saying this, but episode 9 would've been a perfect ending for this series.
Because part of me is still afraid of Shuuji commiting suicide.
I think all the problems were solved in this episode. Nobuta found out about Aoi, Shuuji popular again (kind of),Aoi would stop all the pranks (implied), and Nobuta is kind of popular now, at least accepted by the classmates.

I loved that whole dream thing. Power of the piggy charm was cool. I also felt sorry for Aoi in the end, but if I was Shuuji I probably would've called her up after she joined Producing Nobuta, and threw her off the roof :pirate:

The preview for the final episode is incredibly short, I'm sure it will be a tearjerker~ It would be sad saying goodbye to this series, but I can't wait :thumright:

jica

Post by jica » Dec 11th, '05, 18:27

I really think it is pointless to make a sad ending of the drama, because we will already be sad cause the drama is ending.... :cry:

Ep 9 was really good. NwP just gets better and better, so I hope that the last one wouldn't disappoint... Must go and see if the subs are out, hehe.... :mrgreen:

Edit: Yay!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: It's already out!

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 11th, '05, 19:53

Amrai wrote:
Still rooting for Mariko and Akira. I'm glad to see that Mariko is really nice on the inside, in the talk with Nobuko. I understood the episode with my limited Japanese vocabulary, but I can't wait for the subs.

I thought the Aoi-san thing ended interestingly enough. It tied back into the whole "Do something no one else has done before" from the first episode. That suicide scene :O So freaky when you don't know it's a dream, but then again, I wondered where the note came from.
where the note came from? ..it's part of a dream :roll so it can be unreasonable :whistling:

i really really do love nobuta lol :wub: oh, and mariko too .. she's so great!
so many things to say about this episode .. lots of things happen and one scene almost make me cry ... i like when Shuji begged his classmate and a friend who was beated up in the previous episode tell him that his voice reached them .. oh .. superb!!

mariko is the best! i'm so glad she's ok .. the friendship she gave to nobuta is great. and when she tell the guys about nobuta on the roof. that must hurt .. to have to say that nobuta will get through (like she did after Shuji told the truth..) she's so strong.

the scene where nobuta came back to school and saw aoi welcoming her freaks me out. they cut out the sound and it's so creepy :crazy:

something in this episode that i don't like is that i feel something unnecesary like the scene where their teacher is being fired was put in.. wrong place... i think they want to put funny scene to calm us down :roll

i didn't get what the vice principle talks to the bookman. is it something connect to the jumping scene?

final episode to come! please not a sad one
even it looks like one from the preview
but even it's sad, their friendship will go on, right? can't wait..

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Dec 11th, '05, 20:32

i loved the fact that no matter what aoi tried in this episode to hurt anyone, it was immediately shot down... the scene with akira and the picture, the one with mariko and shuuji supposedly dating nobuta... she hit a brick wall every time...
i don't really feel sorry for her, being lonely isn't a good enough excuse to do the horrid things she did... i'm glad the whole thing after their dream didn't turn into a "all is forgiven, we're all friends now scene... i think i would've puked...
good for nobuta to refuse to forgive her, even if it was in the dream sequence, but also good to see her being glad aoi didn't jump... i think it all shows nobuta being strong enough to stand up for herself while losing none of her gentle nature... good for her...
i also liked the message throughout, of going places you regret and being saved by others...
acidkung wrote:something in this episode that i don't like is that i feel something unnecesary like the scene where their teacher is being fired was put in.. wrong place... i think they want to put funny scene to calm us down
it wasn't really out of place, as this is just another example of someone going to a place they regret... lol, what a dumbass... and being saved by others... his students in this case... :lol
acidkung wrote:the scene where nobuta came back to school and saw aoi welcoming her freaks me out. they cut out the sound and it's so creepy
ew, that WAS creepy... then again, i think she looks creepy to begin with, they chose a good actress for this part...
i really wonder if i'll like the ending to this story... :unsure:

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 11th, '05, 21:16

Yeah this was a bit different... hmm sort of a hint at the very end in ep 9 when you listen to Shujis dad... well hmmm

I rarely like endings to dorama but this might be a hard one to decide what I will think.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Dec 11th, '05, 22:13

I'm rewatching the SPECIAL because dancestar was so kind in providing us with the translation. And, just NOW, I realized that the animation team had already told us that green pig is YamaP.

jica

Post by jica » Dec 11th, '05, 23:40

Did I get it wrong, but is the full version animation FOUR hours long?? Why, why... and where can you watch that...? :scratch:

vis

Post by vis » Dec 12th, '05, 00:07

Finsihed watching ep9~~ Gotta say I really liked this episode as well ^^ I kinda feared that things would go downhill as some had suggested here in this thread, but it was all good~~ ^^
Yeah, it was indeed creepy when Nobuta got back and that Aoi girl greeted her.. *shudders* And about Aoi's idea of leaving an impression (even though bad, so that she'd be remembered..) I found that interesting... as someone mentioned it kinda linked back to ep1, though it's reversed to Shuji's desire of leaving a good one, but basically it's the same idea. A pretty cool twist added to the story I think ^^

And yeah it was moving to see that Shuji moved over to Akira's side in the classroom and how he pleaded with the class out of real concern to Nobuta. :P

Mariko's role has been a nice side character in Nobuta :) I liked how she was origianlly sweet and didn't turn out as the culpit and all. Heh, most ppl here already figured that out long before Aoi was revealed to be the guilty one, but I'm glad that it turned out that way. It would have been waaaay too typical, too much of a cliché, if Mariko had been the one.

It does indeed look like ep10 will be the last one, I also thought it was going to be 11 episode since someone stated that, but checking wiki it says 10 episodes so~~ Anyway I dun think Shuji will commit suicide or anything... that'd be SO out of place @_____@ He most likely have to move away.. but I dun like the last sentence before the ending theme: "As long as I'm here I won't get lost (take the wrong path)" >_______< That sounded so ominious in my ears~~ I hope he won't turn bad after the transfer or something like that T_____T So it better not be a sad ending!!! I agree that it's sad enough that he's going to transfer AND that the drama is ending!!!! *SOB* Endings are important... I hope it'll be a good and satisfying one~~

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Dec 12th, '05, 02:37

Wahhh!!! I love this drama!!! I kinda regret what i put on the poll, since i only put my vote for "see-it" now its "life-altering" :lol :lol One more episode left :cry: :cry: .... i hate it when something so good has to end.... :cry: Imma miss shuji and akira!!!!!!!!!

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 12th, '05, 04:09

ironicwave wrote:
acidkung wrote:something in this episode that i don't like is that i feel something unnecesary like the scene where their teacher is being fired was put in.. wrong place... i think they want to put funny scene to calm us down
it wasn't really out of place, as this is just another example of someone going to a place they regret... lol, what a dumbass... and being saved by others... his students in this case... :lol
ok thanks, now i get it. i didn't focus on this episode's theme that much (mostly coz it's almost the end and i only concentrate on how they will solve everything out)
xKiMix wrote:Wahhh!!! I love this drama!!! I kinda regret what i put on the poll, since i only put my vote for "see-it" now its "life-altering" One more episode left .... i hate it when something so good has to end.... Imma miss shuji and akira!!!!!!!!!
me too, everytimg i come in to this thread and see the vote result. i think 'oh i should wait a bit longer and vote for life-alerting.' i guess many people want to change their vote too :whistling:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 12th, '05, 04:23

LoL, i voted life-altering. I usually wait until a series has ended before i vote.. but so many people voted ahead of time and i just couldn't wait any longer. even if the ending sucks i still think the drama has been life-altering. i haven't gotten this caught up in a drama in awhile. :cry:

aya

Post by aya » Dec 12th, '05, 05:37

I agree with you guys... I should have voted Life-altering. I always thought that I would never vote for Life-altering for any series, but Nobuta wo Produce is so touching (and not in a "This is so corny, I'm gonna vomit" sort of way). It's obvious that its genuine characters and the situations they confront together as true friends will always stick with a viewer for a long time.

If the problems that Shuji, Akira, and Nobuta faced were also shown in another drama it would result to misunderstandings for the characters and a few more episodes of redundant 'bleh' to find out the truth. That's why Nobuta wo Produce surprised me. Their stand towards their trust and their friendship is really refreshing.
Even Mariko surprised me! 3 CHEERS FOR MARIKO! :cheers:

I also love the random jokes that are all hidden in the episodes. When one of the guys from their class was eating that gigantic onigiri :mrgreen:. "KORE TE WA DESTINY?!"

Anyway, I can't wait for next week's episode, although I'm really scared of what's gonna happen.
"Sayonara, Kiritani, Shuji."
It would be too sad for them to separate, especially when they've been friends for only a short time. TOGETHER FOREVER!

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 12th, '05, 07:24

lol i have just seen the second ep but dang it was scary hihi and the preview for ep 3 seems to be even more scary lol *sweats*
can any1 tell me if this series has like any ghost story in it or smth ... cuz even tho its very interesting but the 2nd ep kinda creeped me out already :D

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 12th, '05, 07:27

Not really scary but still...

It reminds me, from the first episode when you see Nobuta the first time...
It seems like many shows are taking up the Ringu style to the girls to make them look a bit scarier. I thought that was a really cool way to introduce her.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 12th, '05, 07:30

Ringu style? is it from the movie THe Ring
if yes then... i hated that movie!!! i couldnt sleep for weeeeks after watching it ><
stupid long hair -.-

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 12th, '05, 07:36

sunmoon wrote:Ringu style? is it from the movie THe Ring
if yes then... i hated that movie!!! i couldnt sleep for weeeeks after watching it ><
stupid long hair -.-
Yup youre right (but still wrong :lol )
Reason why I'm saying wrong is because I cant stand US remakes of already excellent originals.

But thats something for another thread. 8)

The "scary" part was really cool in NwP though

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Dec 12th, '05, 07:39

i can't really think of a single drama i could vote life-altering on, it's definitely a must-see for me, cause it's fun, heart-warming, keeps you at the edge of your seat and so on...
but in order for something to be life-altering, it would have to have some new, never-seen-before message or confront me with a situation i've never heard of that deeply impresses me...
the concepts of this show are hardly newsworthy, even if they were brought across packaged quite nicely...
the closest i'd get to voting life-altering is when i watch aya's struggle in 1 litre of tears... and mainly because sometimes you just tend to forget in everyday life just how fortunate you really are...

aya

Post by aya » Dec 12th, '05, 07:44

techie wrote:Not really scary but still...

It reminds me, from the first episode when you see Nobuta the first time...
It seems like many shows are taking up the Ringu style to the girls to make them look a bit scarier. I thought that was a really cool way to introduce her.
LOL. I remember from the first episode I was thinking that Nobuta reminded me of the girl from The Wallflower manga so I thought it was made into a drama. :lol

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 12th, '05, 08:20

the wallflower manga was funny lol i kinda liked it XD
but then can any1 tell me if theres goin to be any ghost or ghost related stuff in this drama ... lol

aya

Post by aya » Dec 12th, '05, 08:38

sunmoon wrote:the wallflower manga was funny lol i kinda liked it XD
but then can any1 tell me if theres goin to be any ghost or ghost related stuff in this drama ... lol
Well there sort of is in one of the episodes. But it's not scary.

cupids

Post by cupids » Dec 12th, '05, 13:13

ep nine is nice ncie! i cant wait for 10 but i wonder what will happen :(

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 12th, '05, 17:25

sunmoon wrote:lol i have just seen the second ep but dang it was scary hihi and the preview for ep 3 seems to be even more scary lol *sweats*
can any1 tell me if this series has like any ghost story in it or smth ... cuz even tho its very interesting but the 2nd ep kinda creeped me out already :D
It gets mystical from time to time, but never really scary. Always on the upbeat side :)

I'll have to catch up on 1 liter, it's going to be a tough call on which is the best of the season. But, I think that Nobuta will be the most memorable

aibakaneko

Post by aibakaneko » Dec 12th, '05, 17:27

*Joanne shock* hahahhahaa.. j/m ... good episode.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 12th, '05, 17:36

Sorry if this was answered, but I didn't see anything in the past 3/4 pages.

Anybody have details on the symbology of the Chilean pig good luck charm? As in it's origins and such? Does it have any reference to friendship?

the best I could find was this https://shop.theanimalrescuesite.com/st ... siteId=310
but it was hardly enlightening ...

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 12th, '05, 17:47

^ wow .. i don't even think that it really exist until now :shocked:

wanna get one :roll

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Dec 12th, '05, 19:03

I too thought that this was just some drama-symbol thing...
Didn#t know that it existed for real... ^^

I wanna have a pig like that tooooo... >.<

jica

Post by jica » Dec 12th, '05, 19:56

Think I'm gonna ask my friend from Chile next time I see him if he knows of the piggies =)

I rewatched the ep 9 with subtitle again (sooooo good), I really liked the mood in here, the friendship of the three. Now I can hardly remember that those three haven't been that close all the time. Some thoughts...
When Aoi was about to jump Nobuta said that she couldn't forgive Aoi, and if she had said anything else I think that would have been unrealistic, Aoi had really hurt her. She was honest to herself, not even to save Aoi did she lied and said "I forgive you".

But in the end, I think that Nobuta somehow forgave Aoi, she was truly happy it was just a dream, she didn't want Aoi to die, and she could even take Aoi's hand and say yugatta... Forgiveness doesn't always mean that you'll become friends again and start to hang out with each other, the scar will maybe always be there, and I don't think Nobuta would ever trust Aoi as a friend again. But she had forgiveness in a way because she didn't hate Aoi, didn't let bitterness consume her, and she could still wish the best for Aoi. Nobuta really is an amazing girl.

Also, I thought it was really sweet when both Shuji and Akira were there to protect Nobuta, they were like watching her against Aoi. They were strong enough to not be manipulated by Aoi (go go Akira! :cheers: ), they both knew her evilness. I was happy that Shuji told Akira right in the beginning of this episodes. Their friendship are heartwarmening. =)

Why do they keep on saying Aoi is Nobuta's first tomodachi? I think that her first tomodachis are Shuji and Akira. :thumright:

I don't think that there will be any romance between any of the three of them. Honestly, I don't want to either, cause that will spoil the mood. But Shuji and Mariko may be a cute couple. Will he realize?
Hm... now I feel like watching other dramas with YamaPi, does anyone have any good recommendations? :roll

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Dec 12th, '05, 22:00

Episode 9 reminds me of a passage from Dean Koontz's book...

What do you find behind the door that is one door from heaven?

If your heart is closed, then you will find behind that door nothing to light your way.
But if your heart is open, you will find behind that door people who, like you, are searching, and you will find the right door together with them.
None of us can ever save himself; we are the instruments of one another's salvation, and only by the hope that we gave to others do we lift ourselves out of darkness into light.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 12th, '05, 22:53

jica wrote: But in the end,
I think that Nobuta somehow forgave Aoi, she was truly happy it was just a dream, she didn't want Aoi to die, and she could even take Aoi's hand and say yugatta... Forgiveness doesn't always mean that you'll become friends again and start to hang out with each other, the scar will maybe always be there, and I don't think Nobuta would ever trust Aoi as a friend again. But she had forgiveness in a way because she didn't hate Aoi, didn't let bitterness consume her, and she could still wish the best for Aoi. Nobuta really is an amazing girl.
I'm not quite sure about this. I have a friend that Nobuta reminded me of from the beginning. That friend has always been kind of gloomy and she was always hanging out alone. She was 17 (even of the same age, now that I think about it. Ick... kind of scary!) when we became friends. Until then she never had a single friend. She's a nice and sweet girl but as she's been too clingy I did some really mean things to her (which I regret now, but back then I never apologized for it and let her believe I wasn't feeling bad at all about letting her down and saying awful things to her). And even though, she would often call me and even write me letters, because of bad dreams she had about me that left her worried if I was alright and stuff. Before this gets too long, I want to make sure that you get my point. I think people who are like that and first experience how good it feels to have someone around who likes them (or at least seems so) and enjoys spending time with them, they tend or try to forget everything that's bad about the person. In all of us might be a loner sometimes, but at the same time we all long for someone who cares for us, too. In this case I think the memory of their good time was stronger than what Aoi did to her, which makes Nobuta a weak person to me rather than strong and admirable. (Sorry, I can see why she's relieved Aoi didn't really die but holding her hand like that was just inappropriate according to what she had done and especially the way she admitted it all. Not a hint of regret. I don't feel sorry with her at all, even though she's actually a lonely person too. She had her chance to notice there are other ways to come out of her loneliness.)
Btw, what Nobuta says is "yokatta" which means as much as "I'm glad" or "thank God".
Why do they keep on saying Aoi is Nobuta's first tomodachi? I think that her first tomodachis are Shuji and Akira.
Because it's just different to have a female friend. Shuuji and Akira may be there to protect her and to cheer on her or to have fun together, but they are not into the girlish things like shopping, manicuring and all the stuff that Japanese girls are supposed to do like all the time. :roll
As for the romance, I think there was a one-sided romance starting from Akira's side towards Nobuta. He did some really awesome things for her (I especially loved how he brought those bricks to Shuuji's place :lol or when he shouted and sang into the mike). Heck, I'm a sucker for guys who are madly in love. *snicker* I wouldn't mind all that much if the story was to end up without any romance. The only thing that would really bug me was if Shuuji and Nobuta were to become a couple. I think Shuuji looks great beside Makiko (cute girl) whereas Akira and Nobuta are just fine for each other. Freaks to the freaks, please. :salut:

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 12th, '05, 22:54

@ Kumaxell: Wow, this is great. And it really fits. What's the title of the book?

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 12th, '05, 23:03

I think another reason why they don't say that Akira and Shuuji are her tomodachi is because they techincally weren't to begin with. Shuuji was constantly interested in his image and Akira is just weird. They didn't make friends with her, they are 'producing' her. They are her managers, not her friends. :| And yah, the male versus female thing. In Nobuta's mind Aoi sought her out as a friend, which is totally different than being produced. :P

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 12th, '05, 23:37

I guess it's true that Shuuji and Akira weren't her first friends, but still, I was expecting them to comfort her by saying otherwise. I would think they became friends somewhere in episode 8...

Did anyone get what the deal was with Delphine and Catherine? What's with the phonecall?

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 12th, '05, 23:41

oh i love this drama, and i hope that it wont end sad (if it isnt sad enough that it is actually ending..)!

I think shuuji has to move away and nobuta and akira end up liking eachother, living happily ever after. But on the other hand they might have prepared for a real tearjerker, you know, everything ended upp well, every conflict and so on in ep 9, so in 10 the climax might come ;(

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 13th, '05, 01:00

jica wrote:Why do they keep on saying Aoi is Nobuta's first tomodachi? I think that her first tomodachis are Shuji and Akira. :thumright:
I think it's an interesting role reversal.
Shuuji and Akira, the producers, treated her as a friend. Whereas, Aoi, the friend, treated Nobuta as a project/ experiment :)
These are the things that makes me love the show!

Amrai

Post by Amrai » Dec 13th, '05, 03:14

auroragb wrote:I think it's an interesting role reversal.
Shuuji and Akira, the producers, treated her as a friend. Whereas, Aoi, the friend, treated Nobuta as a project/ experiment :)
These are the things that makes me love the show!
Yeah, I thought that the reversal was really intruiging. It's this and the little things in this drama that will make it one of my favourites of all time.

Especially the "I won't/can't forgive you" bit. I was glad that Nobuta became a person that didn't gullible and say she would, but wasn't so rigid that she didn't care whether or not Aoi still lived.

Ahh, can't wait for the last episode :lol

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 13th, '05, 04:47

Romance wrote:oh i love this drama, and i hope that it wont end sad (if it isnt sad enough that it is actually ending..)!

I think shuuji has to move away and nobuta and akira end up liking eachother, living happily ever after. But on the other hand they might have prepared for a real tearjerker, you know, everything ended upp well, every conflict and so on in ep 9, so in 10 the climax might come ;(
i'm not sure about moving away but i don't think nobuta and akira will end up together. that would ruin the whole point of this drama which is FRIENDSHIP. so imo no way there's gonna be something like that between them. but maybe shuji and mariko :whistling: that's just a side story (just hope, don't think that'll happen neither)

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Dec 13th, '05, 05:45

Is it true? There's a novel on this!
So.. is the drama based on the novel or the other way around?
Ara... I want to read it ><

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Dec 13th, '05, 15:26

Does anyone know who's the actress who plays Aoi?

Thanks.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 13th, '05, 15:42

Akiramike wrote:Does anyone know who's the actress who plays Aoi?
It's Hiiragi Rumi (柊 瑠美). I don't know anything about her besides that... :-)

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Dec 13th, '05, 15:50

Thanks for the quick reply Gryzze. Now to google for pics. :)

ebony

Post by ebony » Dec 13th, '05, 16:05

I have just started watching this and i am really enjoying it. This is different to what i had thought it would be but it is really great.

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 13th, '05, 16:21

a story about friendship, yes it is, sure, but there are some love behind it aswell, like akira liking nobuta and shuuji coming to like her aswell, while nobuta likes shuuji :blink

pifernac

piggg

Post by pifernac » Dec 13th, '05, 18:04

Are pigs done of facts of "greda" (I don´t know how this word is said in English).
They are very common in Chile. A called town "Pomaire" makes them and it sells them. But also they are possible to be found in any "business" dedicated to the crafts.
They are cheap, mainly those of small size.
I don´t know really if they are for protecting the friendship, but perhaps thus it is.
The people who always sell these adornments relate some type of charm. (lucky... suerte)
In the case of "nobuta wo produce" the pigs mean friendship, because that is the idea to give piggies...

:roll

llmakill

Post by llmakill » Dec 14th, '05, 07:47

anyone has the MV for Seishun Amigo? the ending song? hehex..

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Dec 14th, '05, 08:02

Jay Tack

Nobuta wo Procude review

Post by Jay Tack » Dec 14th, '05, 22:14

new review on Nobuta!

bbgirl03

Post by bbgirl03 » Dec 15th, '05, 02:43

i luv this series. it's hilarious ^_^

clone32

Post by clone32 » Dec 16th, '05, 04:02

heyall

jus wondering if anyone knows a good website to get direct downloads of this drama.
i've tried bittorent and bitcomet but my download rates are forever stuck at 1-5kb/s !!!!

pls help thanks!

Marymaru

Post by Marymaru » Dec 16th, '05, 07:22

This is one the best drama I've seen in awhile. It's touching and it's funny...and I love Akira...that dude...getting drunk off his soy milk, that's about as Asian as you get LOL. Very good acting and nobuta, she's so cute...especiallly when she attemtps to smile at the dog. I'll be so sad to see the last episode.

cupids

Post by cupids » Dec 16th, '05, 15:52

yea i'll be sad too :(

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 16th, '05, 17:23

Does anyone know if there is a project to translate the book? Is the book available in Chinese? If there is no Eng version, I'd buy a Chinese version ....

auroragb

Re: Nobuta wo Procude review

Post by auroragb » Dec 16th, '05, 18:22

Jay Tack wrote:new review on Nobuta!
Thanks for the link Jay! The review is very much on the mark in all the comments. It was also interesting to note that Seishun Amigo is a million seller (even I was tempted to buy it and I NEVER buy music performed by guys :lol: ). I'd say that the only thing missing from the review is a rating, I'd give it 10/10

2triky

Post by 2triky » Dec 16th, '05, 18:40

Nobuta Power

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 16th, '05, 18:52

auroragb wrote:Does anyone know if there is a project to translate the book? Is the book available in Chinese? If there is no Eng version, I'd buy a Chinese version ....
yeah, if there's an english version of it, i'd like to buy it :roll

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 17th, '05, 02:58

As far as I know there is an English translation but it's out of stock.
Btw, acidkung, what's that about Akira, Shuji and Nobuta being legs? ^^; I mean... If they are the legs, then what is the pig? The friendship? And why is Akira the back, why Shuuji the right and why Nobuta the left leg? This is some funny... image. :P

sweetxvanilla

Post by sweetxvanilla » Dec 17th, '05, 02:59

hm i would have to rate it a 5 i absolutely love this series and so does my bf, it's fun and cuuute
konkon~
i'm waiting to watch the last episode
-taps fingers-
but i'm kind of nervous to watch it and find out what happens and know that it'll be over :cry:

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Dec 17th, '05, 04:09

YOU KNOW THE CHILEAN BUTA LUCKY CHARM?

OMG IT REALLY FREAKED ME OUT WHEN I SAW IT...BECAUSE MY SISTER AND I HAVE THE SAME PIG FIGURINE THING.

=OOOOOO

They were presents from a friend! AHAHAHAHAHA omg it's such a crazy coincidence! *DIES 2389021839021830182938210 times*

MUHHAHA. XD I feel special. NOBUTA POWER.

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 17th, '05, 04:09

Kathleen wrote:As far as I know there is an English translation but it's out of stock.
Btw, acidkung, what's that about Akira, Shuji and Nobuta being legs? ^^; I mean... If they are the legs, then what is the pig? The friendship? And why is Akira the back, why Shuuji the right and why Nobuta the left leg? This is some funny... image. :P
:lol about my sig. yes, i source of compare the pig to friendship and the three of them are the ones who keep their friendship going (for some reason, i guess that why they use 3-leg pig. kinda symbolic thing)

and why akira is the back, shuji us the right and nobuta is the left .. i just put them there :whistling: (thought that akira always support the two, i made him as the back leg :roll )

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 17th, '05, 05:34

Kathleen wrote:As far as I know there is an English translation but it's out of stock.
Is there a link to it? Is it sold on Amazon? yesasia

jellybean4

FInal Episode

Post by jellybean4 » Dec 17th, '05, 14:37

I just finished watching the last episode. I know that the raw will probably come out tomorrow, but for those of you who can't wait, I'll post a short summary of the final episode.
Last week's episode leaves us with the knowledge of Shuji's move due to his father's job. Shuji struggles to figure out a way to tell Nobuta and Akira about the move. After a few unsuccessful tries, mostly him being interrupted by either Akira or Nobuta, he finally tells them. Shocked, Nobuta runs out of the room and Shuji makes Akira follow her to see if she is ok. Upon Shuji's return home, (can't remember if this is the same night or if this is completely out of order...) his father lets him know that he has the option to stay in Tokyo or to leave with his family. He tells him to think about himself and what he really wants.

Meanwhile, Nobuta's popularity has risen. Due to the populatiry of her lunchtime show, people are starting to ask her for autographs and pay more attention to her in a positive way. Though this attention is a little stifiling, populatiry for Nobuta is starting to seem like something more than a dream.

Akira on the other hand, stays pretty much the same in this episode. In the beginning, he's disappointed that Shuji and Nobuta never call him by his first name. But other than that, his presence in the episode emphasizes the steadiness snd strength of friendship.

Without too much discourse about other characters, the episode really boils down to Shuji's decision. He patches things up with Mariko in a very cute "beach picnic," is finally completely forgiven by his classmates, which although is shown in the previous episode, the effects are fully seen here, and finally realizes what it means to truly like people. Although, in the end, the option to stay in Tokyo sounds tempting, he decides to move (his brother is definitely a deciding factor).

I'll leave a teensy bit of surprise for the end for you guys to look forward to. This final episode is quite solid in the respect that it really shows character development for all of the main characters. While the ending isn't completely happy or sad, it's realistic in the mix of emotions that enovkes. I can honestly say that while the ending wasn't as memorable as other dramas, it was definitely moving and completes this series to a T.

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 17th, '05, 17:46

^ i'm going to wait ..

even hidden box is tempting, i'm not going to read it :whistling: not this time .. for sure

:tv: <-- is always the best way to know what's goin on in the drama

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 17th, '05, 22:44

Me2, I'm too absorbed by the story, so I won't read this spoiler till the sub comes out on Sunday ;)

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Dec 18th, '05, 04:42

Well after watchin the final ep, it wasn't how i expected the ending to be..I was hoping for a diff ending but the ending that they came up with was also good.It was a interesting and lol, weird ending (Akira...teleportation..lol) but still I was pleased with how it ended..This ep made my heart to doki doki most of the time...Nobuta Power!!!!!!!!!!! forever... :)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 18th, '05, 12:23

I just watched the final episode and...
WTF?! I'm really pissed about the ending. I mean, I was really surprised when Shuuji actually left, but I was simply bummed to see Akira followed him. What is he? A stalker? And why is it so easy to move and transfer to the same school, and even the same class? Besides, even though it was Nobuta who suggested Akira to follow Shuuji, I think it's really sad she's being left all by herself. I see, it's good for her to stand on her own feed from now on, but heck, life isn't always a fight. It's also being with the ones you like, doing things you enjoy and stuff. I don't care much for the message like: "It's time to grow up." People can grow while being together in the first place. Speaking from my own experiences, I'm always a lot more self-confident when having at least one person with me whom I like. So leaving Nobuta all alone now is like a big test for her. And just because she talked to Makiko once or twice before doesn't mean the two of them become close friends all of a sudden. They have totally different interests after all. I personally can't see Nobuta playing basketball for instance.
People on this forum discussed a lot wheather the show is supposed to end in a romantic way or to depict the friendship of the threesome. I'm utterly disappointed it turned out it was none of it. In the end it's only Akira and Shuuji who have developed a true and deep friendship whereas Nobuta seems to have been a project all along. Otherwise they wouldn't leave her like the babybird that has learned to fly. (What a great image, eh?)
Bah, this is so irritating. It could have been THE drama but they messed all up.

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Dec 18th, '05, 12:57

[quote="Kathleen"]I just watched the final episode and...
WTF?! I'm really pissed about the ending. I mean, I was really surprised when Shuuji actually left, but I was simply bummed to see Akira followed him. What is he? A stalker? And why is it so easy to move and transfer to the same school, and even the same class? Besides, even though it was Nobuta who suggested Akira to follow Shuuji, I think it's really sad she's being left all by herself. I see, it's good for her to stand on her own feed from now on, but heck, life isn't always a fight. It's also being with the ones you like, doing things you enjoy and stuff. I don't care much for the message like: "It's time to grow up." People can grow while being together in the first place. Speaking from my own experiences, I'm always a lot more self-confident when having at least one person with me whom I like. So leaving Nobuta all alone now is like a big test for her. And just because she talked to Makiko once or twice before doesn't mean the two of them become close friends all of a sudden. They have totally different interests after all. I personally can't see Nobuta playing basketball for instance.
People on this forum discussed a lot wheather the show is supposed to end in a romantic way or to depict the friendship of the threesome. I'm utterly disappointed it turned out it was none of it. In the end it's only Akira and Shuuji who have developed a true and deep friendship whereas Nobuta seems to have been a project all along. Otherwise they wouldn't leave her like the babybird that has learned to fly. (What a great image, eh?)
Bah, this is so irritating. It could have been THE drama but they messed all up.
[/]
I disagree. I thought the ending was perfect. I ddin't want the show to end in a romantic way, the friendship of Shuuji and Akira was much more important and meaningful to the story than their feelings for each other. Personally, I didn't like the character of Nobuta at all. The actress rubbed me the wrong way, and the character was completely weak and useless. Shuuji and Akira leaving Nobuta was a smart thing to do.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Dec 18th, '05, 13:15

I love the last beach scene where Akira jumped on Shuji's back and Shuji was grabbing Akiras butt but well I guess that's another story.
I love the ending, it represent beautiful friendship and I don't care that none of them got the girl. :w00t:

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 18th, '05, 14:19

sadotsu wrote:I disagree.
I thought the ending was perfect. I ddin't want the show to end in a romantic way, the friendship of Shuuji and Akira was much more important and meaningful to the story than their feelings for each other. Personally, I didn't like the character of Nobuta at all. The actress rubbed me the wrong way, and the character was completely weak and useless. Shuuji and Akira leaving Nobuta was a smart thing to do.
Lol, as for the romance, I never said I hoped for a romantic ending. I only previously pointed out I'd rather have Akira get the girl IF someone was to end up with her that is, but that's another story. I'm fine with an ending that depicts a strong, tight friendship as well. But I think the whole time it seemed like that friendship was between the three of them and not only between Akira and Shuuji. Even though I kind of agree and Nobuta is really weak and sometimes kind of irritating, too I think she isn't worthless or useless as no human being is as long as there is someone they care for.
I don't think that leaving her behind was a smart but a cold-hearted and selfish thing. :( You should use spoiler tags btw.

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Dec 18th, '05, 20:06

Wow, HYD has ended and now Nobuta. My weekend viewing is gonna be empty! Some thoughts on the last episode.
I just watched the last episode and the ending really surprised me. I kinda expected that Shuji would leave his school on good terms with everyone. However, I thought the writers would show how he would make new relationships on his own with what he learned from Akira and Nobuta. I was surprised that Akira followed him to his new school (I really didn't expect that!). But, I think it was a nice surprise.

Personally, I liked the ending because it showed how much the characters progressed throughout the story. In the beginning Shuji didn't like Akira at all, but in the end he realized who his true friend was. Also, Nobuta shown that she was ready to make friends on her own without schemes created by her producers. Although the three were not together in the end of the drama, I still consider it a happy ending.

I wonder if they would ever make a sequel. From some reason, I could imagine Akira and Shuji working together again and producing another person at their new school! :P