What TURNS you OFF?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Dec 9th, '05, 06:14

hmm_yeh wrote:
flynvballer wrote:ahhh im a picky arsehole haha lots of things turn me off.
this list is from pass experiences.

- when all of a suddent looking at her reminds me of my sister.... eww lol
- the weird smell of her strawberry lip balm. (what is that smell... oh its me .. u like?? um no ...)
- when i drop u off u better be out of my car in the next minute, no point in holding on to me and getting out slowly tryin to hold onto my finger until the very last second
- no need to call me all the time, i rather watch my drama than talk to u...wait til im done i'll call u to say good nite
- if u wanna date me u better be able to understand what im talking about! was having a convo about the washington "sniper" who killed 13 people or so 4 years ago. after the short convo, she goes, what is a "sniper?" yes apparently she's lived in canada for a long time but doesnt no a lot of vocabulary, but not only that, she doesnt have any idea of whats going on inthe world or locally.
- girls who always party, always go clubbing, its not a bad thing but i dunno, i get very turned off towards any girls who party a lot....ur not necessarily a slut par say but too bad ur a slut to me
- teeth, i know ppl cant help it, and i had really horrible teeth before but thats what braces are for... really, go get braces and fix ur teeth! no money? ... then too bad im already turned off.
- girls who dress sexy/slutty.... nice to look at, but not someone i'd introduce to the family .... or friends...

like i said, im an arsehole...

might as well start a thread about FlyNvballer's pet peeves....
wow.. hmm.. it's seems that's all I could really say.. wow..

anyway, that's funny. I couldn't hold in my laughter while reading your "turn off" lists. I understand some [emphasis on some] of them, actually most of them and I definitely agree with you there about intelligence. "What is a sniper?!" Please tell me that was a joke! Hmm... for me.. the guy doesn't need to be a complete genius, but it would help if they know something about the world so we can have intellectual conversations every once in a while. It gets boring when all there is to talk about is movies, etc. etc.

On th eother hand.. your girl suddenly reminds you of your sister?! Uhm.. that's a bit too weird, but how the hell could you suddenly be reminded of your sister when you look at the girl you used to make out with or do other such things?! I don't know about that now..

Anyway.. not trying to bust your chops, your post just cracks me up.. and I definitely need that at this time of the night.. my mind needs to be refreshed or else I'll be in deep crap later on today.. :unsure:.. anyway.. very funny and interesting.

yt_toshi: Glad to know you understand what I'm trying to say. :D
Well, this didn't happen to me, but my friend was talking to a girl about how much of a terrible leader George Bush is, and after a while, she goes, "...Wait, who's George Bush?" o.O;;

An3maePhreek

Alright.

Post by An3maePhreek » Dec 9th, '05, 07:29

Alright. So we had fun poking at both sexes... Xd I'll try not to mention the ones before but yea.
Since I'm bi... I guess I'll do both XD

In guys/girls:
1) If you drone.
2) If you're a prude.
3) If you're close-minded.
4) If you write someone off because of someone else's opinion. (that sucks. cuz you don't even know the person, and you're getting second hand information)
5) If you cannot talk about your problems with me.
6) If you flirt with practically anything on two legs. No seriously. Anything on two legs.
7) If you preach.
8) If you're a hypocrite.
9) If you're not faithful to ME. (emphasis on ME. cuz.. it doesn't matter your past relationships... what matters is the now relationship.)
10) If you say things that you can't back up.

Anything else is pretty much good. XD.
Then again... I'm pretty easily satisfied.

Looks are superficial, but to some extent the first thing that the mind registers. But I wouldn't write a person off just because of looks.

shimizu hiro

yo!

Post by shimizu hiro » Dec 9th, '05, 11:23

what turns me off?

people who are too nice and dont show their true selves........

archs13

Post by archs13 » Dec 10th, '05, 00:40

ha ha feet... yeah there could be a lot of things that could turn off someone that has to do something with feet... like looong toenails, even small toenails on your smallest toe ha ha!!! and the smelly feet too of course, i remember my psychology teacher in my senior year talking about when she was cutting her toenails and she said that when she smelled her piece of toenail, it smelled like toe cheese or something... yuks!!!

well... i guess i got too specific, thx to princeton girl over there he he jok lang!!!... anyways, sorry peeps to be more specific than necessary ha ha!!!

hmm_yeh

Re: yo!

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 11th, '05, 03:07

shimizu hiro wrote:what turns me off?

people who are too nice and dont show their true selves........
until later on into the relationship right?!?! hmph.. I hate those types too.. but who am I to say that. I'm being a hypocrite! I show my true side to begin with, but my annoying habits will make an apperance later on in the relationship :unsure:

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Dec 15th, '05, 01:01

hmmm me too.. dont like PRETENTIOUS peeps... that seemed to be very showy and exaggerating. :glare:

WonderfulLife

Post by WonderfulLife » Dec 15th, '05, 01:06

Gay turn me off :lol

ToriQ

Post by ToriQ » Dec 18th, '05, 06:02

Girls that DON'T have it acting as if they do.

If that sounds a little rude, visit any big city in England and you'll understand.

Girls that DO have it that behave as if they think they are better than everyone else.

Basicly, girls that treat others poorly, take advantage of them etc, all because of their looks.
Last edited by ToriQ on Dec 18th, '05, 06:10, edited 2 times in total.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 18th, '05, 06:07

ToriQ wrote:Girls that DON'T have it acting as if they do.

If that sounds a little rude, visit any big city in England and you'll understand.

Oh, and girls that DO have it that behave as if they think they are better than everyone else.
I so agree with you. Gosh, just looking out my window makes me urk having to go out in the day time sometimes. Especially if you live next to a major club or something, then you get to see it so close up.

Even worse, if their drunk too, and get really loud about what they dont have.

This goes for guys and gals the same. My proverb "Empty barrels makes the loudest noise" still prevails :D

ToriQ

Post by ToriQ » Dec 18th, '05, 06:09

techie wrote:My proverb "Empty barrels makes the loudest noise" still prevails :D
LOL :lol I'm going to remember that one

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Dec 19th, '05, 22:06

found a new one today...

one of my girl friends (not gf :lol) passed wind in front of me and laughed....

aii not very ladylike :(

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Dec 19th, '05, 22:31

Ummmm.... let me think

I HATE it when you have these boys trying to be gangster and doing their little gang signs and trying to act tough

It makes me want to punch them soo badly because I see this little short asian boy and his pants are practically falling down and he's cursing and trying to show off how "tough" he is

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Jan 4th, '06, 04:04

dd
Last edited by greenrocks on Jan 4th, '06, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Jan 4th, '06, 04:04

Paniolagirl wrote:
greenrocks wrote:Things that turns me off...

Any guy who

1. Smokes, do drugs
2. Lacks sense of humor + can't communicate
3. Lies, bullies (violently, but suppose for fun... Acceptable)
4. Is not bold, straightforward, undecisive (weak)
5. Gets angry (yelling at ppl, not being reasonable) or jealous so
quicky
6. Thinks highly of himself, boasts abt himself... Skills qualification
he possesses (not humbled)
7. Refuses to worship Jehovah / Doesn't take part in Jehovah's Witness
8. Is not immune to cruel, harsh comments or conversation
(oversenstive)
10. Argues too much, disagrees w/ me
11. Doesn't like kids
12. Is dumb, I'd rather have "not-bad" OKAAAY looking guy if his looking
doesn't bother me w/ witty brain than a dumb person
13. Works in a fast-paced (hard worker), well-timed loaded with a lot of
energy as possible as he could (doesn't nessecarily requires a bicep or
tricep, bcuz whatever I don't care for those.... Just in fit shape,
little chubby won't hurt but not that fat) :P
14. Goes out partying too much... Or doing things that is a great deal
of waste time
15. Doesn't like/love to travel all over the world (even so at 17, I
love traveling! When I was younger, I always wanted to travel anywhere
as much as I can.)
16. Isn't treacherous, mischievous (not in bad ways, its fun pulling
pranks or whatever)
17. Is scared to take risks (as long as the action doesn't go aganist
Jehovah's will)
18. Doesn't show respects for elders (old ppl, we'll be old one day!)
19. Looks down on people, big-headed, altered-ego, conceited, low
self-eseteem
20. Doesn't accept particular races/skins including disabled (deaf,
handicapped), blinded, mentally-retarded, ppl w/ diseases, as well as
his enemies (He has to love them all, no matter what)
21. Is greedy
22. Has no patience, often gets fed-up
23. Can handle himself, he's a big boy. :D

And the list goes on...
I know, I am picky...? :P Sorry, I was being honest... What can I say? :thumright:
Looks like you'll be single for a loooooong time. :lol :salut:
Yup! :salut: U get that right. This explains why I'm still single at this moment. I've been asked out on date couple of times... I, without question, turned them down right away.

I hope to remain single in future, too. Because I've a little doubts that there is nobody to catch up my standards. And oh... to update this list, this guy gotta be well-mannered, too! HAHA. =P

kotaeshiranaihito

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Jan 4th, '06, 04:20

I remember there was a woman on some talk show (can't remember it was a while back) who had the same list when she was young and beautiful, no one lived up to it, she became older, and older, had to keep shortening the list, and by the time she was on the show, her list became patehtically short-as she became pathetically ugly.

Trust me, don't let ridiculous standards (some of them seriously make no sense) cause you to miss out on so many things. While you might be young and cute now, none of those things are going to last.

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Jan 4th, '06, 05:11

guys who are in fashion... in good outfit, and appeared to be really cool... BUT dont have a good head up on his shoulders *eew* get lost! XD

yunwun2k1

Post by yunwun2k1 » Jan 5th, '06, 01:12

I really don't understand girls who try to act(dress, talk, habits) like every other girl they see at school, tv, magazines, etc... it makes me think they can't judge what they think it cool or not, they have to learn it from other people. Or should I say it makes them look less confident that they really could be.

genki_guy

Post by genki_guy » Jan 7th, '06, 07:59

wingsky wrote:found a new one today...

one of my girl friends (not gf :lol) passed wind in front of me and laughed....

aii not very ladylike :(
I second this one. Girls can be cool and laid back w/o sacrificing ladylike behaviour (including lowbrow humor, farting, and burping).

Super_Nerd

Post by Super_Nerd » Jan 7th, '06, 09:43

nothing!!!

halu102

Post by halu102 » Jan 8th, '06, 11:45

I don't really like to say this. But people who can't stop talking start to get real annoying for me. And people who only think of themselves all the time kinda ticks me off. Phew =3

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 8th, '06, 11:53

i think some guys should really put their pants up! and didn't sagging originated from jail? something like symbolizing being owned by a jail gang leader... :unsure:

VioletGirl

Post by VioletGirl » Jan 8th, '06, 15:01

- Guys who ask u to rate ur friends to them...i mean.. WTF... What a looser!
- Guys who loves their car more than Family. Thats just so wrong!
- Guys who party too much, get wasted every week...theres more to life than partying and then having people to take care of them...making their night a hell of a nite.
& I know this is weird... ba there are things that are from da female side that irritate mi like:
- Walking in da street in winter and u see girls/ ladies in mini's..Wat da hell?
- Flirt (and i mean like hold hands and pash on da lips even) when their BF are not around...wld put that under cheating hey?...and goes back to their bf n act like everything is normal.
- Say their drunk when its obvious they aint...
Well, theres manly more things that gets on my nerves...ba thats life hey...mayb list them next time.. should sleep
:-)

zany003

Post by zany003 » Jan 10th, '06, 01:41

haha, the responses here are funny, some sad.

turn-offs
- conceited (act all that)
- can't maintain a conversation, tells bad jokes
- doesn't have friends (cuz i don't want the person to hang out with me 24/7)
- makes me feel dumb
- doesn't trust me (WTH?!)
- doesn't take care of himself (hygiene, grooming, doesn't eat right or exercise)
- no goals for future
- desperate to go out with me, keeps asking me, "can't i just go on one date with you?" :blink
- always focusing on local racism :glare:
- doesn't care about family

para~white

Post by para~white » Jan 19th, '06, 04:27

I dont like girls that are
-Sluts
-Spend to much time at parties
-Drinks overly
-Cares to little about her apperance
-Big money spenders.. i mean BIG money spenders ($900 for a hand bag)

I like girls that are
-Interested in Dorama :P hahaha
-Works hard
-Clean (I am a clean freak)
-Like going out on Dates
-Doesnt have to much baggage *Ex boyfriends who wants to kill you*

xia_yu_wen

Post by xia_yu_wen » Jan 23rd, '06, 20:10

girls with black underarm,ewwwwwwwwwww,
personality, i think when they act like another person,and they dont be there real self, it freaks me out when they changes attitudes lika a weather!! i mean you need a girl not a spoiled freacking baby hippo!!!
:(

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Aug 1st, '06, 20:25

Men who think there are the best and the king of the world :crazy:

Girls with tones of make up *brrr*

bigfrog

Post by bigfrog » Aug 2nd, '06, 01:27

Engelchen18 wrote:Men who think there are the best and the king of the world :crazy:

But what if they really are the best thing in the world?? :scratch:

I'm very picky about what I like, and really cant list things that turn me off but......

obnoxious behavior is one
ignorance is another
oh, and petty ****.....girls that go on and on griping about petty **** totally turn me off.
:roll

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Aug 2nd, '06, 01:46

yt_toshi wrote:No, sometimes, when I'm just helping them out, they like to tell me this stuff like "I have a boyfriend" as if I really care about the person to begin with. It's not like I'm asking them on a date or something, just giving my time to help out with problems.
I hate that one too

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Aug 2nd, '06, 01:48

xKiMix wrote:i think some guys should really put their pants up! and didn't sagging originated from jail? something like symbolizing being owned by a jail gang leader... :unsure:
lmao

tisa

Post by tisa » Aug 2nd, '06, 02:16

I was having so much fun reading this :D

It seems you can't be liked by everyone since people have such different dislikes.

I dislike:

- too big ego
- THIS IS THE WORST ONE I hate someone deciding for me thinking this is the best for me (how about consulting with me first or something)
- indecisiveness, insecurity, passiveness
- irresponsibility
- not depending on me for anything, not sharing his burdens with me and telling me 'that's none of your business' or 'that's got nothing to do with you'
- not showing any affection (not making me feel special, needed)

I don't understand why someone wouldn't like to be called a couple of times a day. Doesn't does that show affection and possessiveness isn't a problem with me as well. Doesn't anyone want to belong to someone? Maybe I'm just weird and I don't know what a sniper is (you guys are saying this is important to know) so I'm getting scared here :-(

But there are ways to except even all this dislikes meaning if you really like the person each dislike should be able to l become a like.

Kimmy07

Post by Kimmy07 » Aug 2nd, '06, 02:34

-Takes care of themselves (someone that doesn't know basic hygiene can forget it)

-Doesn't cuss in every sentence. Or even every other sentence. Excessive cussing really turns me off.

-Can control their ADD (not that ADD's bad, heck I'm pretty ADD. But I really don't want to babysit the guy I'm dating. I've tried it, it's not fun)

-Someone that's generally nice. Someone that can't say anything slightly mean even as a joke can get boring, but when a person goes out of their way with the intention of hurting someone else, physical or not, I've totally had it.

Other than that I'm pretty open-minded now. One of the best guys I've met was hated at my school for being too conceited, fighting too much, acting stupid, and flirting too much. He seemed like an Abercrombie clone to me so I stayed away from him for a long time until my friend who transferred became interested in him (because he was hot). After I became friends with him through her it was easy to see that even though he seemed like the the bad boyfriend type, he was a real sweetheart who just had trouble expressing himself.

bigfrog

Post by bigfrog » Aug 2nd, '06, 02:39

tisa wrote: I don't understand why someone wouldn't like to be called a couple of times a day. Doesn't does that show affection and possessiveness isn't a problem with me as well. Doesn't anyone want to belong to someone? Maybe I'm just weird and I don't know what a sniper is (you guys are saying this is important to know) so I'm getting scared here :-(

There are exceptions to everything.....but.....normally to me if a girl feels the need to call me more than once a day it comes off as insecurity.

Also, there is a very real possibility of getting lost in the relationship. If a girl cant seperate herself from me for longer than a day then the relationship is doomed.

Being your own person and being able to have fun with or without your lover is a large part of a successful relationship.

Tyrane

Post by Tyrane » Aug 2nd, '06, 02:48

Being rejected for some guy who treats the girl like crap. That wouldn't be sexy at all O_o

chompchomp

Post by chompchomp » Aug 2nd, '06, 03:21

Valcun, #17 on your list is really ticking me off. I know you didn't mean it to be offensive but i took it that way. I'm not from the P.I., but i have many friends who are. If they knew you in person you'd be beaten to a pulp. So f*** YOU!

fran

Post by fran » Aug 2nd, '06, 03:31

- girls that show too much --> there's got to be a few things for me to dream about, and only for me to find out!
- girls that are shopping for their next boyfriend... while they have one already!!!
- a girl that won't take no risk at all... boring!!

Plus all the classic stuff of course...

tisa

Post by tisa » Aug 2nd, '06, 10:29

bigfrog wrote:
tisa wrote: I don't understand why someone wouldn't like to be called a couple of times a day. Doesn't does that show affection and possessiveness isn't a problem with me as well. Doesn't anyone want to belong to someone? Maybe I'm just weird and I don't know what a sniper is (you guys are saying this is important to know) so I'm getting scared here :-(

There are exceptions to everything.....but.....normally to me if a girl feels the need to call me more than once a day it comes off as insecurity.

Also, there is a very real possibility of getting lost in the relationship. If a girl cant separate herself from me for longer than a day then the relationship is doomed.

Being your own person and being able to have fun with or without your lover is a large part of a successful relationship.
I kind off knew someone would say that. I know how let's say a normal person or even better what society wants us to be like should behave. The belonging thing actually wasn't meant that way (like you own a thing) but more like i just meant that you know where you like to be the most and you always want to be by that persons side rather than with someone else an vise versa. About calling few times a day. I guess it's kind of understandable to think that someone is insecure in that case however i see it in this way: you think about the person and want to say something to it why should be there something more complicated behind this act. i' m just thinking plainly as far as i know, maybe subconsciously not, i don't know that

crzycpl

Post by crzycpl » Aug 2nd, '06, 19:36

Anyone who smokes around non-smokers. Its selfish and disgusting.

Zulfi

three times a lady

Post by Zulfi » Aug 2nd, '06, 21:32

turn offs in a LADY:

1) not lady like... I loathe the stereotypical english 'ladette'

2) completely pissed... I don't drink, but I don't mind a girl I like drinking... but if they get drunk to the level that they lose all tone in their facial muscles... instant turn off, it's as if I'm looking at them in potentially one of the lowest moments of their life... till the next friday night that is...

3) has no hobbies... wants me to be their number one entertainment jukebox... well if I love them I kinda end up doing this for them anyways :scratch:

4) stupid... I'm not asking for a neurosurgeon... but no common sense grates away at my being

5) favourite phrase = "I dunno, whatever you want"... reeks of indifference, lack of self confidence, non opinionated...

as for the physical stuff... well in terms of cosmetic looks... they go more into turn ons ;) their respective turn offs don't necessarily make it into the turn off list...

alas I am single... so maybe I'm not paying enough attention to my own turn offs :) or maybe I'm just a 5 out of 10'er... ..... ... naaaah, haha..... gotta have some self confidence eh!

kaname

Post by kaname » Aug 2nd, '06, 21:36

pRincEton giRL wrote:bad odor and bad breath. :crazy:

ROFL :lol
How completely true....

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Aug 2nd, '06, 21:39

Girls who want to be the show for EVERYONE around. They are with you, but want to be noticed by every guy too. Once they are, its ok.

Totally turns me off. Won't deal with it....

kaname

Post by kaname » Aug 2nd, '06, 21:45

Turn ons-----my wife
Turn offs----my wife

Showtime

Post by Showtime » Aug 3rd, '06, 00:08

girls who dress too sexy and slutty thinking its actually that hot. there are more appealing things and ways to express sexy..

but although this might ignite some hate...i think the one thing I really can't stand is an asian who acts like she's american(white)

keiko001

Post by keiko001 » Aug 3rd, '06, 10:37

obtrusive men!!!!

men, who hide themselves behind women´s back!!!!

those men, who are nerds and crybabies!!!!

those girls hanging around in a cafe´s corner and sniggering about other people!!!!

lies!!!!

men, which treat women as slutes!!!!

dead_cute

Post by dead_cute » Aug 3rd, '06, 19:20

kaname wrote:
pRincEton giRL wrote:bad odor and bad breath. :crazy:

ROFL :lol
How completely true....
haha yea totally!

and if he has a small a$$ ..haha just kidding :P
it would deffenatly turn....i mean SHUT ME DOWN !! IF THE GUY I LIKE IS GAY

Showtime

yes

Post by Showtime » Aug 3rd, '06, 21:45

dead_ cute is pretty dead_ cute :thumright:

kazooie16

Post by kazooie16 » Aug 4th, '06, 07:42

girl with lines on their neck :)

rossier

Post by rossier » Aug 4th, '06, 08:10

guys with a really long nostril or hair everywhere... eww eww eww

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Aug 4th, '06, 12:46

people when you meet them who ask first question "what do you do (your job)" as if that is the ultimate of what defines you. Work is BORING.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Aug 4th, '06, 17:44

hmm, I'm running out of time, got to ready for work, I'll get back to this later :lol

rickt

Post by rickt » Aug 4th, '06, 18:31

rossier wrote:guys with a really long nostril or hair everywhere... eww eww eww
:lol :lol :lol :lol very well said!!

things that turn me off:
- that long nostril like mentioned above
- underarm hair that sticks out everywhere
- dudes who scratch their balls IN PUBLIC!!!!! (cracks me up tho) :lol
- bad breath
- bad odour

Spectr0

Post by Spectr0 » Aug 6th, '06, 16:49

Some things about girls that turns me off:

* Boasting about how many guys they've slept with
* Being obsessed with education
* Too much make-up
* Lack of manners
* Lack of intelligence
* Very boyish girls
* Girls that cut themselves
* Only likes main stream music/movies

Some things about girls that turns me on:

* Being good looking
* Not being as clueless as me on how to start a conversation
* Understanding girls
* Non-dismissive girls
* Making a fool of yourself, and taking it with a smile
* Having interests/hobbies that may interest me
* Exotic girls
* Girls that smile

I have more turn on's than turn off's, but I tried to make it even.

WaiWai85

Post by WaiWai85 » Aug 7th, '06, 20:07

the only thing that turns me off totally are snobby girls... you know the type that wants everything but not willing to put out. :glare:

Iwannaqu

Post by Iwannaqu » Aug 13th, '06, 23:54

[deleted post]
Last edited by Iwannaqu on Jan 24th, '11, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.

k_chocolat

Post by k_chocolat » Aug 13th, '06, 23:56

guys who are cringy and sulks over trivial things! and acts as if they're always the victims!

Iwannaqu

Post by Iwannaqu » Aug 13th, '06, 23:57

[deleted post]
Last edited by Iwannaqu on Jan 24th, '11, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.

rossier

Post by rossier » Aug 14th, '06, 03:34

Spectr0 wrote:Some things about girls that turns me off:

* Boasting about how many guys they've slept with
* Being obsessed with education
* Too much make-up
Really?? I've never met any girls boasting abt how many guys they've slept with. That's a turn off even for me. Its just another way of telling how cheap they are.. I dont like girls put on too much make-up too but my sister does so no comment. What do u mean obsessed with education? I keep telling my friend to study coz he only know to have fun all the time and later will complain that he have no time to finish his assignment and so on.. Well, I dont really preasure him at all, just remind him that his deadline is two days away and tell him DONT FORGET TO DO YOUR ASSIGNMENT.. I hope that doesnt mean im obsessed with education hehehe...
:P

Well doesnt matter, i like people with great personality... but stil i dont like men with exessively long nostril and hair everywhere ewwww..... I met one on the train to Geneve and the only impression i have was he was a serial killer..

_______________________________________________________________ :whistling:

[img]http://www.sfgate.com/traveler/postcard ... hippie.jpg[/img]

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Aug 15th, '06, 17:14

WaiWai85 wrote:the only thing that turns me off totally are snobby girls... you know the type that wants everything but not willing to put out. :glare:
lol, i second that.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Aug 15th, '06, 17:34

WaiWai85 wrote:the only thing that turns me off totally are snobby girls... you know the type that wants everything but not willing to put out. :glare:
me thinks the snobby is not the problem here... :whistling:

vistalla

Post by vistalla » Sep 30th, '06, 06:49

I don't think I have that many turn-offs for the opposite sex, but here they are:

1. [It's been said a lot, but it REALLY gets on my nerves] I hate when guys feel the need to call you every 5 minutes. I once had a guy [not even going out with me, just being utterly infatuated with me] who stalked me and found out my telephone number and address. He used to time the duration between my bus ride home, so when he called me I would just arrive. jfdhjsdhg UGH. And he'd expect me to stay on the phone with him for HOURS.

And another guy just called me too darn often. Note: I think even once a day is too often. I accept once every two days, but even that's pushing it a little.

2. Not to be mean, but it's a total turn-off when ugly guys think they're the hottest man alive. I'm sorry, but it's kind of like "know your place D: you're not hot." It's not the ugly part that bugs me, it's the part where they THINK they're not that does. Confidence in yourself does not mean you think you're hot.

Like when fat chicks think they have the body of a model. Maaan.

3. Weak guys. Guys who have no ambition. Guys who are too shy or can't pursue anything on their own. The kind that needs you to hold their hand and walk along the path of being a complete loser. I don't know, but guys with no will just piss me off.

On the same wave length I hate guys who are always (even 60% of the time) depressed. Or just too busy complaining about.. everything. I mean, c'mon do something productive for once in your lives. D:

4. I won't lie and say looks don't matter, but I think as long as the guy is fairly decent, he's a candidate.
Last edited by vistalla on Sep 30th, '06, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

DrThunderMeetsCaptainPlan

Post by DrThunderMeetsCaptainPlan » Sep 30th, '06, 07:17

The greatest ideas and events are shaped by odd looking and acting people, but so many people discount them when it comes to relationships because they don't fit some standard. Maybe that's why they have the time to do interesting things other than screw around, though.
:cheers:
I think my biggest turn off is someone who has a list of set-in-stone turn offs that they use to judge who to know and how to know them. Damn calculating persons. How boring.

atxtomtom

Post by atxtomtom » Sep 30th, '06, 17:33

if a chick is:
needy
clingy
insecure
mushy
immature

Slimegirl

Post by Slimegirl » Sep 30th, '06, 19:32

just dont like it when girls start farting after you get to know them well.

it's like..." oops...sorry, accidently came out."
I thought I was the only one, so damn irritating, and just plain gross.

Also I find women who are to into themselves a turn off..
Aggressive girls are so hot :wub:

someasianguy

Post by someasianguy » Sep 30th, '06, 20:17

smokers, phonies, those who dont respect the culture, hippies, no brained lookers

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Sep 30th, '06, 23:24

what turns me off?....hmmm :scratch:....hmmm, can't find it :scratch:.... hmmm, :O :idea: an invisible manual switch!! :lol....sorry, can't resist....I'm sure I have bad habits that might be a turn off for others, that's why I really don't care about others irritating bad habits....just usually ignore it....but if they're my family members, then I pointed out gently to them :-)....

ocha otoko

Post by ocha otoko » Oct 1st, '06, 05:16

on the outside - evidence of no-hygene, no self respect. eg showing too much skin... maybe? i cant really think of anymore yet...thinking of turn offs seems to be harder to do than thinking of turn ons...

on the inside - arrogance, selfishness...and yeah...plus other random stuff i guess...

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Oct 7th, '06, 22:40

Lets see ummmm what turns me off in men is,
When they start acting all needy and tooo much like a girl, if I wanted a girl i would of liked a girl!!!!
When men stink, omg one of the first things i notice in a man is their smell........
Lack of honesty......... please im not going to break apart if you're not truthful with me
I specially don't like men who have no goals, I like go getters not couch potatoes.

ocha otoko

Post by ocha otoko » Oct 12th, '06, 11:47

hey hey...sometimes you can't help the smell ...i mean u sweat ...you smell hahaha....im sure girls smell just as nice after they've had a good sweat....

halalsushi

Post by halalsushi » Oct 16th, '06, 17:54

- Girls that think their goddesses.
- Fake lesbians/bisexuals.
(Those girls that make out or do other homoerotic acts in front of guys to get attention.)
- Unchaste and immoral.
- Atheistic, materialistic, hedonistic or nihlistic.
- Emo, obsessive and controlling, mentally-ill.
- Gossips and plays mind games.
- Close-minded; shallow.
- Doesn't know how to cook or raise children.
- Anorexic or obese.

SubZor

Post by SubZor » Oct 25th, '06, 08:06

DrThunderMeetsCaptainPlan wrote:The greatest ideas and events are shaped by odd looking and acting people, but so many people discount them when it comes to relationships because they don't fit some standard. Maybe that's why they have the time to do interesting things other than screw around, though.
:cheers:
I think my biggest turn off is someone who has a list of set-in-stone turn offs that they use to judge who to know and how to know them. Damn calculating persons. How boring.
haha i agree with u :lol

sweetsamurai

mmm

Post by sweetsamurai » Oct 27th, '06, 13:24

Arrogance!!!!! :crazy:
Selfishness :crazy:
Men who are sexist towards women :crazy:
Men who fart in front of me!! I don't do it, so please don't o it back. Though - I have been lucky and have never been with a guy who has farted in front of me :D
Hairy chests - sorry - but I must wax you if I am to touch your chest :D I'll make it worth it though :D
I can't think of anything else...yet :scratch:

p.s. I can't cook :-) And my sweat smells of kittens dipped in peach sauce :w00t:

yieebo

Post by yieebo » Oct 30th, '06, 20:49

cruelty

wewa

COMMON SENSE - a rarity in nice girls

Post by wewa » Oct 30th, '06, 21:21

god, this could be a gigantic list...
but farting is not on my list...its okay. so long its not in my face... :mrgreen:
which i've experienced... :whistling:

i would definitely say, common sense. :salut:
you can tolerate many of the other drawbacks and shortcommings, but if a girl doesn't seem to be too smart, in terms of everyday basics, that is very sad.
Sad for me, but more importantly, sad for her. to go thru life, fumbling and bumbling...

Examples would be:
1. losing, forgetting her keys, umbrella, cell, wallet, purse, etc.
not just once, i can understand that. but over, and over, and over, and...
BIMBO?
2. remembering her item (see #1 above), and driving all the way back home to go get it, or asking someone else to go get it, or bring it when they leave. they should be going thru a checklist of their day, BEFORE leaving the house/office/car, etc.
3. not reading the ingredients of a package, and wondering why they are suffering from the allergies that they know they have. If they only had read the package, they would know that they could have avoided the problem.
4. forgetting to bring any sanitary napkins with her out to a date, when she knows she has hers...so now we have to stop short our movie, dinner, to go get some at a 7-11 or supermarket...at ridiculous prices...
5. not keeping a receipt, or other document, and wondering how she's going to return the item, or complain about the wrong cell billing statement, etc.
6. cannot read and decipher a map. sometimes, can't even tell left from right, so when you travel on vacation, you're pretty much responsible for driving AND figuring out everything...
7. poor preparation and planning. and then trying to do something at the last minute, inconveniencing everyone, me and others, in trying to do it now, or in a few hours...when proper planning yesterday, could have made it easy and successful today.
8. placing decorating candles near a window, or a table near a window, and wondering why the wall/table is now covered in red, blue, yellow wax after coming home from work one sunny day...
:scratch:

I have met most of the parents, and i believe its the parents fault, for not teaching common sense basics to their daughters, and thus perpetuating this nightmare.

"stupid is, as stupid does..." Forest Gump

This is just my experience. :goggle: :alcoholic:
am i being too harsh? am i an arrogant jerk? unfair?
If i found a cutie that had common sense, grab her, hold her, don't let her go!

vietxgod

Post by vietxgod » Nov 21st, '06, 05:37

my big turn off is ugly + stupid girl.. yap yap that is all

applebear

Post by applebear » Nov 21st, '06, 06:13

My turn off list is short...

1. moronic dooftard idiots
2. guys who play role playing games like DnD and Vampire blah blah, whatever it's called (they may be included in #1, technically)
3. Drunks
4. pageboy haircuts (it's cute on girls...)

sweetdreams1891

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Nov 24th, '06, 06:06

lol...what turns me off? well on the top of my list is definetely people who try to act "gangster". It really annoys the hell out of me when guys wear jeans that are like a foot below their waist and exposing their boxers to the world. jeez i mean...you're wearing pants for a reason right?! (im really sorry if im offending anyone here!! this is just what i personally think =))