[CDrama] Return Of The Condor Heroes (CCTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 7th, '05, 19:47

crossvii wrote:
ballistic88 wrote:Wow, great character info there!! Makes me want to watch the show even more!! :w00t:

*on a side note: I wanna be Yang Guo. Seems like every single woman on that show loves him... lucky bastard. I'll be more than happy to settle for just Liu Yi Fei, though... :mrgreen:
What are you talking about?? Guo Xiang's a keeper too :P
Alright, alright, I guess I have to agree... hehe... say, it says on the description on her pic up top that she was the founder of the E-Mei sect from HSDS. Please excuse my noobie ignorance, but what is that exactly? :scratch: But please, if it's going to spoil the story in some way, then don't tell me. I'd rather find out while I'm watching the drama. :mrgreen:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 7th, '05, 22:13

ballistic88 wrote:
crossvii wrote:
ballistic88 wrote:Wow, great character info there!! Makes me want to watch the show even more!! :w00t:

*on a side note: I wanna be Yang Guo. Seems like every single woman on that show loves him... lucky bastard. I'll be more than happy to settle for just Liu Yi Fei, though... :mrgreen:
What are you talking about?? Guo Xiang's a keeper too :P
Alright, alright, I guess I have to agree... hehe... say, it says on the description on her pic up top that she was the founder of the E-Mei sect from HSDS. Please excuse my noobie ignorance, but what is that exactly? :scratch: But please, if it's going to spoil the story in some way, then don't tell me. I'd rather find out while I'm watching the drama. :mrgreen:
ballistic...Legend of Condor Heroes is the prequel to Return of Condor Heroes. I don't know if you had the chance to watch Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre. Sanine upload the series the last two months. Anyways, HSDS is the sequel ROCH.

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 8th, '05, 01:44

crazylife123 wrote:ballistic...Legend of Condor Heroes is the prequel to Return of Condor Heroes. I don't know if you had the chance to watch Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre. Sanine upload the series the last two months. Anyways, HSDS is the sequel ROCH.
Ok, so if I understand you correctly, basically HSDS comes after the 2003 season of Condor Heroes but before this new Condor Heroes for 2005? I really appreciate all the info and patience so far, thanks!! :salut: :mrgreen:

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Dec 8th, '05, 03:30

ballistic88 wrote:Ok, so if I understand you correctly, basically HSDS comes after the 2003 season of Condor Heroes but before this new Condor Heroes for 2005? I really appreciate all the info and patience so far, thanks!! :salut: :mrgreen:
Now you're confusing me :P It goes LOCH, ROCH, HSDS.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 8th, '05, 03:43

ballistic88 wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:ballistic...Legend of Condor Heroes is the prequel to Return of Condor Heroes. I don't know if you had the chance to watch Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre. Sanine upload the series the last two months. Anyways, HSDS is the sequel ROCH.
Ok, so if I understand you correctly, basically HSDS comes after the 2003 season of Condor Heroes but before this new Condor Heroes for 2005? I really appreciate all the info and patience so far, thanks!! :salut: :mrgreen:
LOCH is about Yang Guo's father 'Yang Kang', his mother Mu Nan Ci, his uncle Guo Jing, and his aunt Huang Rong.

ROCH is about Yang Guo, Xiao Long Nu, etc...

HSDS take place 200 years after ROCH. The storyline mentioned Huang Rong/Guo Jing. Yang Guo/Xiao Long Nu's great grand daughter appears in this series as well.

There are many remakes. HSDS 2003 isn't a remake for the new LOCH/ROCH. Most likely the same director for the new LOCH/ROCH will make a new HSDS in the future. I WILL BE WAITING FOR THAT ONE AS WELL. :salut:

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 8th, '05, 05:19

crazylife123 wrote:LOCH is about Yang Guo's father 'Yang Kang', his mother Mu Nan Ci, his uncle Guo Jing, and his aunt Huang Rong.

ROCH is about Yang Guo, Xiao Long Nu, etc...

HSDS take place 200 years after ROCH. The storyline mentioned Huang Rong/Guo Jing. Yang Guo/Xiao Long Nu's great grand daughter appears in this series as well.

There are many remakes. HSDS 2003 isn't a remake for the new LOCH/ROCH. Most likely the same director for the new LOCH/ROCH will make a new HSDS in the future. I WILL BE WAITING FOR THAT ONE AS WELL. :salut:
Ahhh!! Ok, ok... with all the remakes and different series, I got confused for a sec. I guess, I think I'm not as slow as I thought... I think I got it now. Finally, thank you!! :D 8)

*Now all I have to do is find the newest version of LOCH... since ROCH is on the way and HSDS is lurking here somewhere... :thumright:

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 9th, '05, 23:22

OMG Liu YiFei why does everybody choose her for the show i personaly don't think her as a pretty girl at all!!
Although the boy was a good pick!! :D

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Dec 10th, '05, 01:03

fengyun wrote:OMG Liu YiFei why does everybody choose her for the show i personaly don't think her as a pretty girl at all!!
you must be smoking crack too much my friend. If you are a guy and straight, you should burn in hell if you don't like Liu Yi Fei.

her beauty can easily be described as "godsent". She has a face of a chinese goddess. :thumleft:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 10th, '05, 04:12

I know some don't like the fact that Liu Yi Fei had some kind of Japanese name before she got famous or something like that... I personally think her Chinese name is lovely and I'm glad that's the one she goes by now. Be proud to be Chinese, people!

I think she's quite a pretty actress (and this is coming from a girl) and though her acting isn't superb, it isn't any worse than I've seen elsewhere. There are plenty of other actresses other people like nowadays that I can't stand for the flakiness of the roles they've played so far. As long as Liu Yi Fei is natural and convincing in ROCH, she's fine with me.

I do agree that there's something about her look that makes her seem refined, somehow. She doesn't have the huge-eyed Zhao Wei look, but a kind of stylish air you don't see often. Maybe it's just me, though.

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 10th, '05, 08:52

i've been taught to approach a situation with an 'empty cup' mentality. Meaning, no expectations. I'd rather see for myself what kind of job she and or the other cast members will do before I make my judgment. The last time I assumed something about someone or something, hey, I just made an ASS out of U and ME, ey?! Yeah, yeah, corny, but accurate. Personally, I can't wait to see the series' finished product. Granted, I'm probably still wet behind the ears when it comes to Wuxia and/or CDramas like this, but I can guarantee you that as long as there's enough chemistry between the characters and the sequences complement each other, then we can truly enjoy this much anticipated show... regardless of who's playing who... after all, we've only been able to catch the lovely Yi Fei in strictly limited releases and promotional shots. Once the shows gets under way, we can all catch her in all her glory...! :thumright:

ha_042

Post by ha_042 » Dec 10th, '05, 19:03

thanks a lots

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 10th, '05, 23:08

VietZeus wrote:
fengyun wrote:OMG Liu YiFei why does everybody choose her for the show i personaly don't think her as a pretty girl at all!!
you must be smoking crack too much my friend. If you are a guy and straight, you should burn in hell if you don't like Liu Yi Fei.

her beauty can easily be described as "godsent". She has a face of a chinese goddess. :thumleft:
you should burn in hell just for liking her my friend!!
she always plays innocent en lovable girl in the series even my grandma can do that!
I hope she can proof one day that she also can play other characters as well!!

Hope that day come soon :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 11th, '05, 08:51

fengyun my friend...

Xiao Long Nu isn't an easy role to play. I've watched 4 other Xiao Long Nu from the past. I think Idy Chan of '83 was the best. Other Xiao Long Nu couldn't play the part.

Hard to judge LYF for her acting since she's still young. Plus, she doesn't have much experience.

The director of ROCH is strict on his comments. He said that LYF didnt do well on the first half of ROCH. They wanted to shoot some scene over but didn't have the time. Director said LYF improve a lot towards the end.

In every series LYF starred in..., she has improve...even though it's a little...but she did.

Although the boy was a good pick!!

If you're gay for to mentioned the above statement, then I'll understand. However, if you're straight, then I don't know. :roll

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 11th, '05, 09:29

Eleven

Post by Eleven » Dec 11th, '05, 10:03

Thx soo much for the pictures and clip ^^

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 11th, '05, 13:32

crazylife123 wrote:fengyun my friend...

Xiao Long Nu isn't an easy role to play. I've watched 4 other Xiao Long Nu from the past. I think Idy Chan of '83 was the best. Other Xiao Long Nu couldn't play the part.

Hard to judge LYF for her acting since she's still young. Plus, she doesn't have much experience.

The director of ROCH is strict on his comments. He said that LYF didnt do well on the first half of ROCH. They wanted to shoot some scene over but didn't have the time. Director said LYF improve a lot towards the end.

In every series LYF starred in..., she has improve...even though it's a little...but she did.

If you're gay for to mentioned the above statement, then I'll understand. However, if you're straight, then I don't know. :roll
OMG dude are you crazy a lot of girls like twins are they all lesbian omg you should think first before you say something!!

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 11th, '05, 17:03

fengyun wrote:

OMG dude are you crazy a lot of girls like twins are they all lesbian omg you should think first before you say something!!
OK...maybe you didnt phrase it right...btw fengyun...what chinese actress do you think looks good to you? I want to see your taste.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 11th, '05, 18:37

fengyun wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:

You certainly don't have to be gay/lesbian to appreciate beauty or admire someone of your own gender. Disliking a certain person of the opposite gender also doesn't say anything about your sexual orientation. Don't mean to sound naggy, but let's not let this thread get ugly by tossing words carelessly. Come on, the series isn't even out yet! :P

And great CG clips, crazylife. Well-done special effects are always appreciated, but I really hope that isn't supposed to be an excuse for lame fighting and acting and a weakly planned plot. I'll take poor graphics in a series if the acting/plotline draws me in over a confusing series with awesome graphics any day.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 11th, '05, 20:02

Calcifer wrote:
fengyun wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:

You certainly don't have to be gay/lesbian to appreciate beauty or admire someone of your own gender. Disliking a certain person of the opposite gender also doesn't say anything about your sexual orientation. Don't mean to sound naggy, but let's not let this thread get ugly by tossing words carelessly. Come on, the series isn't even out yet! :P

And great CG clips, crazylife. Well-done special effects are always appreciated, but I really hope that isn't supposed to be an excuse for lame fighting and acting and a weakly planned plot. I'll take poor graphics in a series if the acting/plotline draws me in over a confusing series with awesome graphics any day.
I don't think ROCH's CGs will affect the storyline of this series. If you didn't like LOCH '03 or TLBB '03, then you might not like this series. The same director/producer worked on those remakes. Critics said that this remakes is the closest to the novel.

The fight scenes? Well, I was disappointed with the past remakes. All of the fight scenes are so lame...soooo short. When I read the fight scenes in the novel, it seem as if it last longer than the series.

The romance? The past YG/XLN had no chemistry with each other. Romance plays a big part in this series. I really hope HXM/LYF shows great chemistry.

Too bad they used a double for XLN/YG's dance scene. LYF was too young to do the scene. She had to be naked in that scene.

The past remakes only had 40 episodes or less. Originally, this remake had 52 episodes but they had to cut it down to 44 for some legal ****. :mrgreen:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 11th, '05, 22:59

crazylife123 wrote:Too bad they used a double for XLN/YG's dance scene.
Too bad :P

As to fighting...it seems like all of China's wuxia series have been sliding downhill when it comes to real quality fights. Even if they're not "real" as in "authentic," the older series at least had really engaging fights that didn't have weird camera angles that dance around to make things look more exciting, and not too many strings and wires (wire-pulled capes are the latest modern trend which look incredibly fake. What's wrong with good old-fashioned wind?). But in these modern ones, fighting's more and more cartoony and CG-filled. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good, either.

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 11th, '05, 23:06

she is sooooo pretty! hehe he looks like steve ma! who is he!?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 11th, '05, 23:36

Calcifer wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Too bad they used a double for XLN/YG's dance scene.
Too bad :P

As to fighting...it seems like all of China's wuxia series have been sliding downhill when it comes to real quality fights. Even if they're not "real" as in "authentic," the older series at least had really engaging fights that didn't have weird camera angles that dance around to make things look more exciting, and not too many strings and wires (wire-pulled capes are the latest modern trend which look incredibly fake. What's wrong with good old-fashioned wind?). But in these modern ones, fighting's more and more cartoony and CG-filled. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good, either.
Calcifer...TLBB/LOCH/ROCH's martial arts were based a lot on internal energy to fight among their opponents. The past series couldn't use any props or special FX to show the internal energy of each character. CG now could help show different/strength for each character.

Since Liu Yi Fei turned down Duke Mount of Deer. We might see Liu Yi Fei(Xiao Long Nu) as Zhi Rou and Yang Mi(Guo Xiang) as Zhao Min in the next HSDS. You think it's a good choice or not. I wanted Ady(Yue Ru) of Chinese Paladin to Zhao Min but I think Yang Mi would probably do a better job. Good cast or no?

Here's a clip of some of the PAST vs NEW remakes. LOCH, TLBB, ROCH, and others.

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=379V ... MV3JBTJP25

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 11th, '05, 23:55

Yang Mi(Guo Xiang) in modern clothes. She's cute as Liu Yi Fei. Can't seem to find any Chinese ladies here in LA that looks good as them. I have to move to China soon.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 12th, '05, 00:30

I have nothing against characters fighting with inner strength in wuxia stories. It's something unique to this genre and actually it'll be disappointing if they don't include it. My problem's when they go overboard with trying to make CG or special effects the focus of a series, rather than telling a coherent story. Other movies have done that, series are doing it, and TLBB's plotline was a bit like that for me.

I love the old HK Condor Heroes, bad production quality and all. The people just had so much character; their acting carried everything through. Some of those clips bring back great memories.:wub:

I totally agree with the comments made about the strengths and weaknesses of the old vs new. If ROCH and other new remakes can keep the solid content of older series with the dazzling visuals available now, that'll be absolute perfection.

Yang Mi's pretty :-)

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 12th, '05, 00:35

I will follow you to china.... :-) ...anyways nice pics.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 00:49

WroW wrote:I will follow you to china.... :-) ...anyways nice pics.
Then i'll follow you to Korea. Gotta get a kiss from Kim Tae Hee as well. I'll probably go to jail for it but i think it's worth it. :mrgreen:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 00:59

Calcifer wrote:I have nothing against characters fighting with inner strength in wuxia stories. It's something unique to this genre and actually it'll be disappointing if they don't include it. My problem's when they go overboard with trying to make CG or special effects the focus of a series, rather than telling a coherent story. Other movies have done that, series are doing it, and TLBB's plotline was a bit like that for me.

I love the old HK Condor Heroes, bad production quality and all. The people just had so much character; their acting carried everything through. Some of those clips bring back great memories.:wub:

I totally agree with the comments made about the strengths and weaknesses of the old vs new. If ROCH and other new remakes can keep the solid content of older series with the dazzling visuals available now, that'll be absolute perfection.

Yang Mi's pretty :-)
TLBB plotline was a little weird for me. It seem as if there's 3 story in one. I didn't learn to like any of the character even the good looking Liu Yi Fei. LoL

I'll read the book to see if TLBB '03 stick to the novel.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 12th, '05, 01:09

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:I will follow you to china.... :-) ...anyways nice pics.
Then i'll follow you to Korea. Gotta get a kiss from Kim Tae Hee as well. I'll probably go to jail for it but i think it's worth it. :mrgreen:
We would probably go to prison in a lot of countries :D

TLBB was a little strange for me too...they had too many story arcs. :roll

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Dec 12th, '05, 02:16

crazylife123 wrote:Since Liu Yi Fei turned down Duke Mount of Deer. We might see Liu Yi Fei(Xiao Long Nu) as Zhi Rou and Yang Mi(Guo Xiang) as Zhao Min in the next HSDS. You think it's a good choice or not. I wanted Ady(Yue Ru) of Chinese Paladin to Zhao Min but I think Yang Mi would probably do a better job. Good cast or no?
I really don't like how some series appear with stars who have already co-starred together. Varying the cast altogether would imo, give a better prospect to the series.

And if it really comes down to it, I don't think LYF would do a good Zhiruo role. She just doesn't seem like the type to play that role, a tad bit too passive in my eyes, though seeing her evil may be interesting. GYY all the way still, for me 8)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 02:30

crossvii wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Since Liu Yi Fei turned down Duke Mount of Deer. We might see Liu Yi Fei(Xiao Long Nu) as Zhi Rou and Yang Mi(Guo Xiang) as Zhao Min in the next HSDS. You think it's a good choice or not. I wanted Ady(Yue Ru) of Chinese Paladin to Zhao Min but I think Yang Mi would probably do a better job. Good cast or no?
I really don't like how some series appear with stars who have already co-starred together. Varying the cast altogether would imo, give a better prospect to the series.

And if it really comes down to it, I don't think LYF would do a good Zhiruo role. She just doesn't seem like the type to play that role, a tad bit too passive in my eyes, though seeing her evil may be interesting. GYY all the way still, for me 8)
Well, GYY and Alyssa starred in a couple of series together. People didnt mind at all. They look good together.

Xiao Long Nu is similar to Zhi Rou's characteristics. I'll see how well LYF portray XLN, then I'll judge her future work as Zhi Rou.

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 12th, '05, 02:33

crazylife123 wrote:
fengyun wrote:

OK...maybe you didnt phrase it right...btw fengyun...what chinese actress do you think looks good to you? I want to see your taste.
Girls like ruby lin, Alyssa Chia , Gao Yuan Yuan etc how about you??

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 02:41

fengyun wrote:
I see...so you like the older generation. All 3 ladies are beautiful but they're too old for me. I'll stick with the new generation. Yang Mi, Liu Yi Fei, Sun Fei Fei, Zhang Yi....

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 12th, '05, 04:40

"generation"? You make people older than 20 sound like grandparents! :P They'd really just be an older sister's age difference.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 06:29

Calcifer wrote:"generation"? You make people older than 20 sound like grandparents! :P They'd really just be an older sister's age difference.
LoL...

GYY = 26/27
Ruby = 28/29
Alyssa = 32/33

All three ladies are older than me. However, they still look good to me. I just prefer the younger ladies. Calcifer, you're still a young buck so you don't have to worry. You're not a full woman yet until next year. LoL :mrgreen:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 12th, '05, 16:44

crazylife123 wrote:You're not a full woman yet until next year. LoL :mrgreen:
Sorry that quote just made me laugh :lol :lol

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 18:11

WroW wrote:
I'm just stating facts. Calcifer is only 20. She's a young woman. Until she hit 21, she's not a full woman yet. Every ladies out there always want to be a young woman instead. :mrgreen:

Calcifer...dui bu qi...if you think i've offended you...but i'm not...just saying you're still young. :salut:

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 12th, '05, 18:18

crazylife123 wrote:
fengyun wrote:
I see...so you like the older generation. All 3 ladies are beautiful but they're too old for me. I'll stick with the new generation. Yang Mi, Liu Yi Fei, Sun Fei Fei, Zhang Yi....
hahah its not about age but about beauty when they were 18 they has to be even prettier then now!! i think :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 18:22

fengyun wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
fengyun wrote:
hahah its not about age but about beauty when they were 18 they has to be even prettier then now!! i think :D
I have to admit. Alyssa, GYY, and Ruby all looks good for their age. I would happy to have a girl like them when i'm 35. :salut:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 12th, '05, 18:22

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:
I'm just stating facts. Calcifer is only 20. She's a young woman. Until she hit 21, she's not a full woman yet. Every ladies out there always want to be a young woman instead. :mrgreen:

Calcifer...dui bu qi...if you think i've offended you...but i'm not...just saying you're still young. :salut:
Very smooth crazylife I think you saved yourself :P ... looking forward to calcifer´s reply :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 18:47

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 18:57

Not sure if that's the actual condor they're going to use but i hope not.

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 12th, '05, 18:59

wow... I googled all three uhh, older, ladies you guys mentioned and I must say... they look hella good for someone in their thirties. They can really pass for someone younger. D*mnit, times like this I wish I didn't have to rely on subtitles to watch these shows. I blame my mom!! hehehe... not really... I guess it wouldn't have helped anyway since my parents speak Fukien and not Mandarin nor Cantonese. :blink :scratch:

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 12th, '05, 19:02

crazylife123 wrote:Not sure if that's the actual condor they're going to use but i hope not.

Uhhh... looks like a fluffed-up, malnourished Acme bird from the old looney tunes shows...

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 19:18

Gao Yuan Yuan = 27 years old.

Ruby Lin = 29 years old.

Alyssa Chia = 31 years old.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 12th, '05, 21:54

Is it me, or does it seem that the RoCH is the most hyped series ever? I don't think I've ever seen a series hyped for so long. Usually a series is released in 2-3 months of completion of principle shooting. But I think they wrapped in July(?) and the release date is late Jan ....

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 12th, '05, 22:08

auroragb wrote:Is it me, or does it seem that the RoCH is the most hyped series ever? I don't think I've ever seen a series hyped for so long. Usually a series is released in 2-3 months of completion of principle shooting. But I think they wrapped in July(?) and the release date is late Jan ....
They started the filming around November '04. Finished around May '05. They had to do editing, dubbing, soundtracks, special FX afterward. They didn't finish until Oct '05. Release date should be around Jan '06.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 13th, '05, 00:00

WroW wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:

Very smooth crazylife I think you saved yourself :P ... looking forward to calcifer´s reply :D
I know crazylife didn't mean anything offensive by that. :P

Just thought it was funny how he said people of Vicky Zhao's age are an older generation because that term automatically made me think of my parents or grandparents. I just never thought of them as that much older than myself because I consider people from the early 20s up to the mid 30s to be in a similar acting 'generation,' so to speak. Ruby, Vicky, GYY, Jiang Qin Qin... True, LYF and Yang Mi are young compared to these people, but I'd say Maggie Cheung, Gong Li and Deng Jie are examples of the older generation at this point.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 13th, '05, 02:23

Calcifer wrote:I know crazylife didn't mean anything offensive by that. :P

Just thought it was funny how he said people of Vicky Zhao's age are an older generation because that term automatically made me think of my parents or grandparents. I just never thought of them as that much older than myself because I consider people from the early 20s up to the mid 30s to be in a similar acting 'generation,' so to speak. Ruby, Vicky, GYY, Jiang Qin Qin... True, LYF and Yang Mi are young compared to these people, but I'd say Maggie Cheung, Gong Li and Deng Jie are examples of the older generation at this point.
Maggie, Gong Li, Deng Jie?? LoL They're the grandma generation. Don't they have kids that also have kids? LoL

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 13th, '05, 02:57

crazylife123 wrote:Maggie, Gong Li, Deng Jie?? LoL They're the grandma generation. Don't they have kids that also have kids? LoL
Not quite grandma generation; they'd have to be closer to 60, I think. Some similarly aged thespians as Deng Jie, etc have kids around my age, so they're about one generation ahead. (Whether or not their kids have kids doesn't change their age, just their family status. I'm already an aunt.)

Though doesn't it seem like generation gaps are getting smaller and smaller as time goes by?

And to stay on topic :whistling: that pic of the big condor looks really familiar, like some CG illustration for a game.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 13th, '05, 03:02

Calcifer wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Maggie, Gong Li, Deng Jie?? LoL They're the grandma generation. Don't they have kids that also have kids? LoL
Not quite grandma generation; they'd have to be closer to 60, I think. Some similarly aged thespians as Deng Jie, etc have kids around my age, so they're about one generation ahead. (Whether or not their kids have kids doesn't change their age, just their family status. I'm already an aunt.)

Though doesn't it seem like generation gaps are getting smaller and smaller as time goes by?

And to stay on topic :whistling: that pic of the big condor looks really familiar, like some CG illustration for a game.
That's good that the condor appear on a game. I don't think the condor will look that bad since the white foxes, leopard, and other animals in this series.

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 13th, '05, 15:47

crazylife123 wrote:Gao Yuan Yuan = 27 years old.

Ruby Lin = 29 years old.

Alyssa Chia = 31 years old.

I want 2 sleep with them any time!! hahaha

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 13th, '05, 16:14

crazylife123 wrote:That's good that the condor appear on a game. I don't think the condor will look that bad since the white foxes, leopard, and other animals in this series.
The CG fox seems pretty nice. Fur is so hard to make real with computer graphics but theirs wasn't too bad. Kinda wonder what the people were holding in real life while shooting, before they added the CG fox. A green-screen bundle of cloth or maybe a dog or something?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 13th, '05, 18:18

fengyun wrote:
19 years old these days...Wrow and I only want to kiss them...and you...LoL

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 13th, '05, 18:27

Calcifer wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:That's good that the condor appear on a game. I don't think the condor will look that bad since the white foxes, leopard, and other animals in this series.
The CG fox seems pretty nice. Fur is so hard to make real with computer graphics but theirs wasn't too bad. Kinda wonder what the people were holding in real life while shooting, before they added the CG fox. A green-screen bundle of cloth or maybe a dog or something?
Chinese's production will one day be like Hollywood. They were probably holding a stuff doll. Baby Guo Xiang was a stuff rabbit. HXM showed it to the interviewer.

Originally, this series was 52 episodes. They cut it down to 44. The production lost $72,000US. Liu Yi Fei and Huang Xiao Ming are the only actor/actress that received $1000US per episode.

Calcifer, is there any series that has behind the scene or cut scenes on the DVD? I know some movies include them now. I hope ROCH includes the 52 episodes onto the DVD. Love to see all the extras on it.
Last edited by crazylife123 on Dec 13th, '05, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 13th, '05, 18:28

crazylife123 wrote:
fengyun wrote:
@crazylife :lol :lol
I see we are the oldies here :D ... but all girls above look good despite age...especially the first pic (Gao Yuan)

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 13th, '05, 23:42

crazylife123 wrote:
fengyun wrote:
What you want 2 kiss me 2 OMG!!! im sorry 2 dissapoint you but im not gay!!

hahaha just kidding hahaha

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 13th, '05, 23:46

WroW wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
fengyun wrote:
@crazylife :lol :lol
I see we are the oldies here :D ... but all girls above look good despite age...especially the first pic (Gao Yuan)
I know they look so hot hahah :P :roll

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 15th, '05, 08:02

Taiwan is planning to do another version of ROCH starring Jay Chou's g/f and Rain(Bi).
This is how our legendary couple is going to look like...LoL

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 15th, '05, 14:22

crazylife123 wrote:Taiwan is planning to do another version of ROCH starring Jay Chou's g/f and Rain(Bi).

:lol Whoever made the pic needs to work on their Photoshopping skills. :P

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Dec 15th, '05, 15:06

Calcifer wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Taiwan is planning to do another version of ROCH starring Jay Chou's g/f and Rain(Bi).

:lol Whoever made the pic needs to work on their Photoshopping skills. :P
LMAO :lol

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 16th, '05, 04:26

This series was already air today in China. Not sure when the DVD will be release.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 16th, '05, 17:31

crazylife123 wrote:This series was already air today in China. Not sure when the DVD will be release.
WHAT!?!?!?

Time to check icefish and ydy ....

nope, don't see it :(

Also, isn't it strange to start a series on a Friday?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 16th, '05, 17:57

auroragb wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:This series was already air today in China. Not sure when the DVD will be release.
WHAT!?!?!?

Time to check icefish and ydy ....

nope, don't see it :(

Also, isn't it strange to start a series on a Friday?
Sorry, this series haven't been release yet. Most likely Chinese new year. It was release for certain people like critics.

Here's a video clip of ROCH. Wish this series was out already...it looks really good.

http://www.toodou.com/dl/www.toodou.com ... Sheng.rmvb

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Dec 16th, '05, 20:25

crazylife123 wrote:Sorry, this series haven't been release yet. Most likely Chinese new year. It was release for certain people like critics.

Here's a video clip of ROCH. Wish this series was out already...it looks really good.

Seeing this, I'm finally starting to get hyped. This release looks pretty solid in terms of scenery & cast. Crazylife, is the music in the clip the actual music of the series? 'Cause it sounds great, lovin it. :w00t:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 16th, '05, 23:58

crossvii wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Sorry, this series haven't been release yet. Most likely Chinese new year. It was release for certain people like critics.

Seeing this, I'm finally starting to get hyped. This release looks pretty solid in terms of scenery & cast. Crazylife, is the music in the clip the actual music of the series? 'Cause it sounds great, lovin it. :w00t:
I believe this remake is the only one that will have a soundtrack. They're finishing up the sound track right now. It'll probably be release sometime in Febuary.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 17th, '05, 04:05

If I was Yang Guo, could I wait 16 for Xiao Long Nu? It's kinda hard to be faithful since I have a really good looking Guo Xiang on the side who follows me around. LoL

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 17th, '05, 14:08

who is stronger yang guo or gou jing or xiao long nu??

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 17th, '05, 15:57

fengyun wrote:who is stronger yang guo or gou jing or xiao long nu??
YG vs GJ is a debate that has been raging endlessly throughout many wuxia forums I doubt you'll get a straight answer here :roll

GJ is stronger :P

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 17th, '05, 17:18

Ruroshin wrote:
YG vs GJ is a debate that has been raging endlessly throughout many wuxia forums I doubt you'll get a straight answer here :roll

Ruroshin...didn't know you watch this series too...since you only replied recently. :mrgreen:

fengyun...

In term of external martial arts, YG has the advantage since he knew more skills. Plus, he had more Masters as well. Sword skills...YG probably wins on this one as well.

As for internal strength, Guo Jing mastered the 18 Dragon Palm technique to the highest level possible. Yang Guo never master any of his external/internal martial arts. However, his inner strength was close to Guo Jing but he never master any of his martials arts.

Even if Guo Jing was stronger, YG would probably beat him in a fight. YG was much more clever....but...YG only has one arm...so GJ might win. Ruroshin was right. You're not going to get a straight answer from me. LoL

Xiao Long Nu? She didn't really practice martial arts that increased her strength. Her Sword Skills are better than YG and GJ. She has the ability to use two swords effectively...it's like two fighter fighting against one person. You'll get to see it in ROCH.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 17th, '05, 19:38

Ruroshin wrote:

Indeed, it depends on the time / place / motivation and which philosophy you subscribe to ;0

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 17th, '05, 22:01

which of the serie do you all like the most loch, roch or hsds ??

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 17th, '05, 23:48

fengyun wrote:which of the serie do you all like the most loch, roch or hsds ??
ROCH would be my favorite. I like Yang Guo's characteristic more than Guo Jing/Zhang Wuji. Both Guo Jing/Zhang Wuji aren't as clever as Yang Guo.

Zhang Wuji had 4 girls after him. Yang Guo had 5 girls after him. LoL

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Dec 18th, '05, 00:19

crazylife123 wrote:
ROCH would be my favorite. I like Yang Guo's characteristic more than Guo Jing/Zhang Wuji. Both Guo Jing/Zhang Wuji aren't as clever as Yang Guo.

Wei xiaobao has 7 wives LOL 2 bad everybody in condor hero trilogy have only 1 wives :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 18th, '05, 03:08

fengyun wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:

Wei xiaobao has 7 wives LOL 2 bad everybody in condor hero trilogy have only 1 wives :D
About Wei Xiao Bao...Duke of Mount Deer. Director/Producer of LOCH '03/TLBB '03/ROCH '06 asked Liu Yi Fei to star in the next Duke of Mount Deer. She turned them down due to her busy schedule with her album. There goes a good looking wife for Wei Xiao Bao. Can't ask Ruby since she's already one of the wife on the earlier adaptation. Alyssa and GYY are taking time off. Yang Mi(Guo Xiang) might do it but she might busy with other series. Ady can't do it since she's shooting another wuxia series with Mainland China. I'm glad she's moving alway from Teen Idols series from Taiwan and sticking with Mainland China. Hopefully, the director/producer of DoMB, will want to work with a new remake of HSDS. If ROCH becomes successful, i'm pretty sure we'll get it sequel(HSDS) in the near future.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 18th, '05, 04:05

crazylife123 wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:

Ruroshin...didn't know you watch this series too...since you only replied recently. :mrgreen:
I've seen nearly every adaption of the Crondor Trilogy. I've only missed 2, the very first HSDS by TVB with the wierd ending and the Singapore black Little Dragon Girl.