So.. What was the first drama you watched??

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Otaku

Post by Otaku » Nov 19th, '05, 18:02

The first drama i watched was Hana Yori Dango.
I love watching dramas but after a friend advised me to take a look at this site...and I started to like dramas more and more

THANK U ALL who are working to keep this site up arigatou

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Nov 19th, '05, 18:10

the first drama i watched wass kimi wa petto :D

Now i'am addicted to them(k-dramas,T-dramas,J-dramas) :thumright: :thumleft:

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Nov 19th, '05, 18:30

The first drama I wwatched was Green Rose.. such a nice drama [kinda didn't like the ending though, it felt rushed]. But after watching TW's Meteor Garden.. it was over! See I'm a freak when it comes to anything that involves my fav. manga/anime HYD.. I'm addicted to asian dramas, specifically TW and Japan. Oh yeah!

knuts

Post by knuts » Nov 19th, '05, 21:12

lorkhan83 wrote:Beautiful Days...
I really liked a lot Ryu Shi Won... he was really good there and since then I became a fan of his... I really liked the songs too... Goodbye and Promise (Iaksok)... I never found any other drama with 2 better songs... at least for now....
Thank you for the tip about the OST :wub: . Indeed, very nice. :D

bangkok_devious

Post by bangkok_devious » Nov 21st, '05, 17:27

The very first drama I watched was "Densha Otoko" (I'm so lucky)----at first I thought that it was sad and dorky, but then it got ALOT better----a really good drama. The second one I watched (but didn't finish) was "DragonZakura". Then I watched "Kimi Wa Petto" and now I am addicted to j-dramas. :-)

Eaglechen

Post by Eaglechen » Nov 21st, '05, 23:38

my first drama was S.O.S. - Strawberry on the Shortcake.
the beginning of it all :lol

the first kdrama was Full House three weeks ago and now i'm totally addicted to rain/bi :wub:

atm i'm watching his new series A love to kill.

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Nov 22nd, '05, 04:35

the gods, demons of zu mountain...

it was Chinese but dubbed into Vietnamese.

I haven't seen any Kdramas just yet sides My Sassy Girl but thats a film I guess.

teamFun

Post by teamFun » Nov 22nd, '05, 08:40

First J-Drama I watched was Long Vacation when I was in Hong Kong. It wasnt dubbed but subbed instead on Pearl, one of Hong Kong's english channels. That was when it all started =)

makino

Post by makino » Nov 23rd, '05, 02:34

First drama I watched was 'Attic Cats' aka 'Rooftop roof cats.' It aired on AZN tv this past summer and I have been hooked ever since :mrgreen:

zhou

Post by zhou » Nov 23rd, '05, 03:01

First J-Drama was Densha Otoko, then Slow Dance and now Hana Yori Dango/Nobuta wo Produce :)

quikbunny

Post by quikbunny » Nov 23rd, '05, 19:41

The first drama I ever watched was Gokusen...now I think I will become more and more addicted to watching them.... I think they are a great. I've downloaded Kimi wa Petto, Hana Yori Dango and am avidly searching for more great shows to watch. (Ok so MatsuJun just happens to be in all three of those, really that's not why I downloaded them.. I love the manga's they are based on)

littlemissfab

Post by littlemissfab » Nov 23rd, '05, 20:08

H2 with Yamada Takayuki and Satomi Ishihara

funny story. One day, early October.. I was going to do my paper in a class then I open my winamp to listen to my songs.. when I opened up my Media List.. two asian shows were playing.. so i was like.. hmmmm... and it was episode 1 of H2... i watched it from ep 1 to ep8 from 4pm to 11 i think.. then i didn't get to finish it.. from then on.. i started downloading like crazy.. :)

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Nov 23rd, '05, 20:14

mine was ice world/kaori no sekai. it was aired in malaysia back in 2000. i realized back then whoa there's a whole new gorgeous guys.i'm hooked to jdorama since then.

tlina069
Fansubber
Fansubber

My first drama...

Post by tlina069 » Nov 25th, '05, 21:37

was unfortunately Meteor Garden II.
Then again it brought me to Meteor Garden I and all other tv series that I just went nuts buying and watching. So...yeah. There you go. :)

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Nov 25th, '05, 21:51

hello everyone... first drama I ever saw was Itsumo Futaride and/or Gokusen (I always get confused on which one I actually saw first), and they were both raw episodes to boot! It was showing on ch.18 here in the Los Angeles area, I forget what the station's called, and with no subs. It's a wonder I stayed on and watched the whole thing until the last episode. Having Matsu Takako/Nakama Yukie to look at made it all worthwhile for me. And to think, I have never seen a single J,K, or C drama up until that point (Asian movies mostly, but never TV Series')! Been hooked on them things ever since...! :thumright:

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Nov 25th, '05, 22:22

I think it was Match Made in Heaven.

ebony

Post by ebony » Nov 27th, '05, 21:11

mine was stairway to heaven

maneki_neko

Post by maneki_neko » Nov 28th, '05, 00:07

Mine wasn't any of the popular ones... it was a J-drama called "Pu-Pu-Pu" back in 2000. It had the guys from Coming Century (V6) in it. Really funny drama, got me hooked on dramas forever.

dramalover

Post by dramalover » Nov 28th, '05, 00:26

hmm...my first kdrama ever was Winter Sonata. I only got started on it 'cause my aunt from the states kept talking about it. I got curious and found torrents for it and downloaded it, watched it, and now am hooked on kdramas. Hahaha, I even got my mom hooked. Actually, she's more kdrama crazed then I am, she blames them for not getting her work done, haha.

jyrds

Post by jyrds » Nov 28th, '05, 09:35

DENSHA!! :D

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Nov 28th, '05, 09:37

FULL HOUSE!!!! =D aja aja fighting! xD

daalig

Post by daalig » Nov 28th, '05, 11:13

First taste of drama...if it even counts as a drama, was Live Action Sailor Moon. That was about 10 minutes of flicking through a couple of episodes, and it left a very bad opinion of asian dramas in general.

First taste of J-drama..or sub-decent j-drama was Gokusen, but I thought it was okayish and still wasn't enough to get hooked.

Then onto K-Drama, Autumn Tale...still not enough to get be addicted, followed by Delightful Girl Choon Hyang, and after that, all I can say is, where did these past 3 months go?

gaty

Post by gaty » Nov 28th, '05, 11:34

the first drama I saw was densha otoko, since I discover it in a forum, I'm watchin all the dramas I can

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Nov 28th, '05, 17:56

helenz wrote:de first k-drama i watched was Autumn in my Heart.... touching story plus full house, influenced by my fren who is an k-drama@Jo In-Sung FAN...lol.. :D

btw, can anyone tel me where to download GTO with english sub?? and im new, so any suggestion which drama is nice, n touching like autumn in my heart or funny like full house? thx... :wink:
GTO @ http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/?search=gto

AsianFreak

Post by AsianFreak » Nov 29th, '05, 20:36

Well this is how it all started.

It was one of those days that you just dont know what to do. I was really bored and i was surfing channels and i ran into a korean drama it was Summer scent, at first i thought it was kind of silly but honestly as the story when on i started gettin in to it. I never thought i would ever watch dramas. I started thinking that so far that has been one of the best show's that i have seen in my entire life. So you know what happens after that. I became A D-Addict and here i am.

But my first drama was Summer Scent not my best one but a really good one.

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Nov 29th, '05, 20:45

Sassy Man wrote:ya olga, you are svedish ya?

heh. kiddiing.

So what was GTO about? And waht got you hooked?
My first J-Drama was GTO,

I first saw the anime version, then i heard that there were a Live Action of GTo so i set out and borught it, and it was really good. ... that how i got addicted to it. after Gto i saw Meteor Gardern,......

GTO is about a guy who's wants to be a Teacher, he not just any normal guy, he was once a Leader of a bike gang. He gets hired at a Private school and helps solve his students problems. it's a SLICE OF LIFE for the Drama version, The anime version Is just COmedy mixed. GOKUSEN came out recently, it was the remake of GTO but instead of a mAle teacher, it's a Women Teacher. You can d/l from Jap-Tv, but it's really slow because there is not much seeder, I recommend to buy b/c you won't reget it.

Watch both and you see can deicide which one you like better, i personally like the anime version better b/c their was more story to it, the Drama had more of a Drama Seen then Comedy.

Demibaby

Post by Demibaby » Nov 29th, '05, 20:49

Old skool one called Ghost Father or something, like from 20 years ago. But the one I remember watching is Princess Returning Pearl.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Nov 29th, '05, 20:59

gsr_raver wrote:
Sassy Man wrote:ya olga, you are svedish ya?

heh. kiddiing.

So what was GTO about? And waht got you hooked?
My first J-Drama was GTO,

I first saw the anime version, then i heard that there were a Live Action of GTo so i set out and borught it, and it was really good. ... that how i got addicted to it. after Gto i saw Meteor Gardern,......

GTO is about a guy who's wants to be a Teacher, he not just any normal guy, he was once a Leader of a bike gang. He gets hired at a Private school and helps solve his students problems. it's a SLICE OF LIFE for the Drama version, The anime version Is just COmedy mixed. GOKUSEN came out recently, it was the remake of GTO but instead of a mAle teacher, it's a Women Teacher. You can d/l from Jap-Tv, but it's really slow because there is not much seeder, I recommend to buy b/c you won't reget it.

Watch both and you see can deicide which one you like better, i personally like the anime version better b/c their was more story to it, the Drama had more of a Drama Seen then Comedy.
:blink It's Japan-tv aka JTV, we would never user "Jap-tv" [that's a no no no abreviation]
www.jtv-drama.net <-- main site
http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/ <-- bittorent tracker

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Nov 29th, '05, 21:04

I think the first every japanese drama I watched was Oshin. Saw that when I was a kid :D

More recently I think the first jdrama I watched since then is H2 :)

Childhoodless

Post by Childhoodless » Nov 30th, '05, 00:49

The first series that I invested my time in was Densha Otoko. Before that, I caught an episode or two of Letter to the Parents. And even before that, I would just randomly watch whatever came on Korean tv for maybe 5 minutes, then get bored and change channels.

JapanSuki

Post by JapanSuki » Nov 30th, '05, 01:07

My first drama was "Damo" because I saw a movie with Ha Ji-won in it. Right after that, I was turned over to the dark side of dorama. :thumright:
I think that happened around July of this year. ^_^
Since then I've seen:
Sorry, I love you | Lover in Paris | Densha Otoko | My Lovely Sam-soon | Koukou Kyoshi | Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu | Orange Days | Great Teacher Onizuka | Gokusen S1 (didnt finish S2 because im impatient bastard and when subs were finally released, I didnt feel like picking it up again) ^_^

Shows i'm currently watching:
Kiken na Aneki | Oniyome Nikki | Ace wo Nerae | Ai no Uta | Hana Yori Dango | Nobuta wo Produce

I know the topic says "Your first drama", but since I havent watched alot of shows yet (well, maybe I since July till now), I thought I'd sum it up. ^_^

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Nov 30th, '05, 01:23

hmmm... my first drama was kimi wa petto and my love pattzi :lol

Meme87

Post by Meme87 » Dec 1st, '05, 01:08

Strawberry on the Shortcake

Fuddle

Post by Fuddle » Dec 2nd, '05, 15:09

Densha Otoko was my first.
heard a lot about it and came here for the subs.

since then i've been getting the japanese series of the weeks.
koi ga shitai was excellent, star no koi and wedding planner were both very good too.
although i must admit i only watched the first two episodes of denchi ga kirerumade as it was far too sad....maybe i'll catch up to it soon though.

i have a huge backlog of anime pilling up because of all these great dramas

rosetyler
Deactivated

Post by rosetyler » Dec 2nd, '05, 19:15

hi, currently I am downloading the Japanese Series Of The Week. Suekko chonan Ane Sannin. should be the first drama for me. new to the world of Dramas.

Zanbonzakura
Deactivated

Post by Zanbonzakura » Dec 2nd, '05, 19:16

My first Drama is Densha Otoko! And wow, it really was a good drama series. Now I am hooked! Downloading Hana Yori Dango now!

cerberus

First Drama

Post by cerberus » Dec 2nd, '05, 19:38

I was lucky enough to have been introduced to japanese dramas via Summer Snow. What a one to start off on huh!! I've been hooked ever since, and not just on Ryoko!! Before Summer Snow, I had never really been interested in the japanese, but now, I have a new love for their culture and language.

I've also seen Long Vacation, which is VERY good also, although ms hirosue is too young, got crap hair and is a bit sullen in it, but that didn't detract from how much I enjoyed it. Kimura Takuya is pretty darn cool!

Staying with Kimura, Engine is also one I've been watchin but there are NO seeds for the last episode :( So i haven't finished watching that one yet. Moto Kare is another one I started watchin, but am still waiting for JTV to finish up the episodes, cause their subs are cool!

And finally, the last one I watched was "Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu" :'(
Its was a bit too....*sniff*...I think I prefered the others!! *sniff*

luffythepirateking
Deactivated

Post by luffythepirateking » Dec 2nd, '05, 20:14

GTO was my first drama. It totally rocks. Then I watched Yamato Nadeshiko. Nanako really is the JDrama Queen!

Trebicyem

Post by Trebicyem » Dec 2nd, '05, 20:32

GTO live action was also my 1st one. Then it was My little chef, with both Aya Ueto and Abe Hiroshi <3 Yada Akiko is also a cutey /drool

rukiaichigo
Deactivated

Post by rukiaichigo » Dec 3rd, '05, 05:57

First drama I watched is Beautiful Life! And totally got hooked on Jdramas!

folder5
Deactivated

Post by folder5 » Dec 3rd, '05, 17:47

Beautiful Live is my first drama that I watched!

nightfire

Post by nightfire » Dec 4th, '05, 03:59

my first drama was Great Teacher Onizuka (live action)
after... summer snow (never finished it...) , beautiful life(same) , kimi wa peto ..... etc..

aibakaneko

Post by aibakaneko » Dec 4th, '05, 08:36

THe first Japanese Drama i've ever Watched was GOKUSEN that's when i got addicted and start Gokusen 2, ten on with that. hahaha..

Other languages .. i watched A LOT of Chinese series. so i wouldn't count it since i don't remember.

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Dec 4th, '05, 09:10

J-Drama : 'Precious Time' that Kyoko Fukada and Takeshi Kaneshiro played together.
K-Drama : 'Hotelier' that Bae Yong-jun is male-leading.
C-Drama : I can't remember because I watched it since I was young. But I addict 'It started with a kiss' as a first drama.

Hitokiri-01

Post by Hitokiri-01 » Dec 4th, '05, 09:22

First drame I watched was Taiho shichauzo
Actually I never knew it was jdrama since I thought I was downing anime (you're under arrest) at the time.
Never regretted it though :thumright:

cerberus

summer snow

Post by cerberus » Dec 4th, '05, 11:46

summer snow (never finished it...)
*gasps* why not?!?!
Image :thumright:

Seidizu

Post by Seidizu » Dec 4th, '05, 11:53

S.O.S (Strawberry on Shortcake) about 5 years ago? which got me hooked on Kubozuka Yosuke, who reigns supreme as my favorite dorama actor :wub: :wub:

wOrm_LunG

first time...

Post by wOrm_LunG » Dec 5th, '05, 13:03

Gokusen.... supre

Oliverspike

Post by Oliverspike » Dec 5th, '05, 13:20

first drama is beautiful life so sad drama :(

nightfire

Re: summer snow

Post by nightfire » Dec 5th, '05, 17:57

cerberus wrote:
summer snow (never finished it...)
*gasps* why not?!?!
Image :thumright:
because i didn't found the other episodes :'(
-.-

if u have torrent link .. gimme ^^
ill enjoy it a lot ^^

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Dec 5th, '05, 17:59

mmmmmmmmmm to me it was -----------> NONstop in arirang tv ^^

Kempo

Post by Kempo » Dec 5th, '05, 18:05

Me that was You're under arrest!

DataSpy

Post by DataSpy » Dec 5th, '05, 18:19

The first drama I watched was Gokusen, and it rocked. I started out watching dramas based off of animes, and I like them so much I just continued to watch dramas, I still watch anime too of course.

babyaznangel820

Post by babyaznangel820 » Dec 5th, '05, 20:32

I started to watch k-dramas a few yrs back after the hk-dramas dilemma. First one was probably "Autumn Story". Most of the k-dramas are cliche and similar..somewhat melodramatic..so im somewhat shifting to japanese and taiwanese drama. First japanese drama was "Slow Dance"..yeah..so any more recommendations? :unsure: For t-drama, im currently watching " IT started with a Kiss" ....first one was Meteor Garden. :mrgreen:

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Dec 5th, '05, 20:41

First Japanese drama was GTO... First Taiwanese drama was Orange Jam Boy (Marmalade Boy)... First Korean drama (which I've recently started getting into and loving it... maybe I should check out Full House next after Life is Beautiful) Damo
babyaznangel820 wrote:I started to watch k-dramas a few yrs back after the hk-dramas dilemma. First one was probably "Autumn Story". Most of the k-dramas are cliche and similar..somewhat melodramatic..so im somewhat shifting to japanese and taiwanese drama. First japanese drama was "Slow Dance"..yeah..so any more recommendations? :unsure: For t-drama, im currently watching " IT started with a Kiss" ....first one was Meteor Garden. :mrgreen:
Well if you liked "Slow Dance", you may like "Long Vacation" cuz they're very similar... matter of fact the title's even share sorta the same meaning... hahaha -__-;; I thought LV was better tho and was more on the comedy-side thanks to the duo of Minami and Momo

yobri

Post by yobri » Dec 5th, '05, 20:55

Although I don't think it was my very first jdorama, the one I can remember the most in the beginning of my drama viewing days was a series called The Chef with Higashiyama Noriyuki (back in 1997 or so). Wish that somewhere it was available on torrent... :-(

littlemissfab

Post by littlemissfab » Dec 5th, '05, 20:58

first asianovela in general.. (dubbed in filipino) was Meteor Garden

first Jdorama that got me addicted? H2 with Yamada Takayuki..

Jenden

Post by Jenden » Dec 5th, '05, 21:18

First jdorama was H2. My Japanese teacher had us watch it for class. That got me hooked pretty fast, and in the 2 or 3 months since then I've gone through about 23 series. I did see some Japanese movies before that (Tonari no Totoro, kiki's delivery service, seven samurai, etc) but those weren't nearly as addictive.

jica

Post by jica » Dec 5th, '05, 21:20

Hm... I'm grown up with HKdramas... don't remember really. A favourite though is Condor Hero series.... really really really a classic (from the 80s). Barbara Yung was my idol back then, when I was a kid 8)

The first jdrama --> With love and Kindaichi.
First kdrama --> All about Eve.

Recently watching Nobuta wo Produce and Hana Yori Dango. Both goodies =)

cerberus

Re: summer snow

Post by cerberus » Dec 5th, '05, 22:48

nightfire wrote: because i didn't found the other episodes :'(
-.-

if u have torrent link .. gimme ^^
ill enjoy it a lot ^^
Check the JTV tracker.
Thanks jtv staff for these dramas!! You guys and gals are the best!

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 5th, '05, 23:39

For the longest time, it seems, I've been trying to figure this out but aaaackk! Who cares anymore... it was either Gokusen or Itsumo Futari de... funny things is, I got started on this whole Asian drama craze because of a song, and not necessarily a drama show. I attribute it all to the very first time I heard 'First Love' by Utada Hikaru some years back. From then on, I started paying attention to the local Asian channel, and one of the two mentioned above came on, and that as they say, was that! :w00t:

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Dec 5th, '05, 23:42

Well I've been watching Korean dramas with Viet dub as a kid but I didn't know they were Korean Dramas...The first one I watched that I know was a korean drama was Full House

starwind159

Post by starwind159 » Dec 5th, '05, 23:46

Mine: Jue Ce Shuang Jiao
cdrama with Zhang Ting, hella hot

babyaznangel820

Post by babyaznangel820 » Dec 6th, '05, 07:06

Well if you liked "Slow Dance", you may like "Long Vacation" cuz they're very similar... matter of fact the title's even share sorta the same meaning... hahaha -__-;; I thought LV was better tho and was more on the comedy-side thanks to the duo of Minami and Momo
Oh cool. ill definitely try that. thanks for the recommendation :thumright:

firecrackers

Post by firecrackers » Dec 6th, '05, 21:21

I first saw Let's Go to School Sang-Doo...and I was hooked. Ahh, such fond memories...

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Dec 7th, '05, 05:06

the first jdrama i ever watched was the last half of "pure".. which was airing every sunday at 7am... @____@;; the first FULL jdrama i ever watched was "long vacation"... :)

the first twdrama i ever watched was "huan zhu ge ge"...

mwah.

v1rgi3

Post by v1rgi3 » Dec 7th, '05, 09:40

heheheh....

lets see... brings back the good times..
i tink drama back in the days are better than now... lol. IMO

korean: endless love or/and all about eve

tdrama: meteor garden

jodrama: god, please give me a little more time or/and gto

china dramas: huan zhu ge ge... or is that taiwanese??

redsea

Post by redsea » Dec 8th, '05, 00:07

Itazura na kiss, the first drama I watched completely. Still like it.

draco

Post by draco » Dec 8th, '05, 03:39

Tokyo Love Story, I think... my older sister forced me to accompany her to watch this series :p
She's to blame for my addiction :lol

Big China
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Big China » Dec 8th, '05, 07:04

First for me was Last Christmas. In fact, I'm going to be digging it out again soon since it's the season for it.

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Dec 8th, '05, 07:07

My first drama was Mukodono 2003. Found it by pure chance when I turned on a tv in Japan for the first time... I just fell in love with Nagase!!! Thing is it was already halfway through the season! I rented it later when I returned to Japan... I cried SOOOOO much :cry:

jdmitus

Post by jdmitus » Dec 9th, '05, 22:24

The first drama I watched was Great Teacher Onizuka. Thanks to this I wanted to watch more Japanese drama, and soon began to watch other dramas from Korea and China.

Free Bird

Post by Free Bird » Dec 10th, '05, 00:19

i started in 1992, the drama was called Reincarnation 2

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 10th, '05, 05:39

I've watched a lot of dramas but, the first one I actually really paid attention to was Great Teacher Onizuka. Then followed by Gokusen. Now I'm watching all types of different dramas.

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Dec 10th, '05, 07:01

ballistic88 wrote:For the longest time, it seems, I've been trying to figure this out but aaaackk! Who cares anymore... it was either Gokusen or Itsumo Futari de... funny things is, I got started on this whole Asian drama craze because of a song, and not necessarily a drama show. I attribute it all to the very first time I heard 'First Love' by Utada Hikaru some years back. From then on, I started paying attention to the local Asian channel, and one of the two mentioned above came on, and that as they say, was that! :w00t:
Hmm.. the series you're referring to that has Utada Hikaru's "First Love" as the theme song was Majo no Jouken (魔女の条件)... I forgot the english title... Forbidden Love or something like that?

dunno if you've seen it before, but if you want to check out another series featuring an Utada Hikaru song, there's HERO starring Kimura Takuya and Matsu Takako... the supporting cast rocks too. It's ending theme is "Can You Keep a Secret" and Hikki even cameos in one eps... it's a short season, but there's a long obvious pause to make the audience notice... that and her bad acting. hahaha