What TURNS you OFF?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
Carn

Post by Carn » Dec 7th, '05, 02:36

aNToK wrote:Hmm... the biggest turn-off for me is that when you help someone out or compliment them on something, the ones who automatically think you're trying to hit on them or something.
Amen. :-)

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 7th, '05, 02:40

bLaCkNbLuE wrote: Valcun, I'm sorry to hit number 14 on your list, but just how many women in this world do you expect to find that meet all of your qualifications? You don't like "6. Women who think to highly of themselves" or "18. Women who are INSECURE!!". I'm curious as to how exactly you measure a woman's self-confidence? And what exactly is an appropriate level?

I realize that you are only 18 and that you still have alot to learn about women, but I would advise that you reevaluate what is really important before you try.

がんばって (Ganbatte)

LaLa
@BlackNBlue
Your not hitting 14 on my list. It's expected, what I am saying is and probably egotistical towards women. But this is a forum and I respect your opinion as well as others. On the other hand, these are just some standards I have. We know as well as everyone else that rules and standards are ment to be broken. There is this girl I onced liked that was just a 5 out of 10. I liked her for her personality and how good of a friend she was. But I never really got to her because she liked someone else.

I'm sorry to have offended you with this ranking system I have, but these are just goals. Most guys who post their turn offs on here are "Ideal" or how to so say, goals. Even girls have ranking systems but you just don't realize it. "Ugly", "Ok" "Decent" "Kind of Cute" "HOT". No one is really suppose to obtain these things, no one ever can. The main basis for this thread is to look at all the things that turn the opposite sex off, so we can look at it and apply our selves to them to see if were doing that turn off. Everyone is different just like flynvballer said. Sure I am 18 and probably don't know half of it on women. I probably never will just like how you girls can't understand guys. All males are perverted in some or in most ways. I admit it, I AM PERVERTED.

This is just words and a message, you don't have to read them or even be influenced by them. I know girls are run through emotions and feelings and are more influenced on what things MEAN rather than through actions. If your really so sore at me you shouldn't take it out on me :crazy: Lets instead gang up on the person who started this thread! PRINCETON GIRL! :cussing: Hahaha, I'm just joking :cheers:

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Dec 7th, '05, 02:44

What's wrong with drinking??? Some of you look at drinking like it's the debil or on the same page as smoking or drugs.

For me, drinking in moderation is very enjoyable. The fact that we're in a forum relating a lot to Asian culture should make you realize that alcohol is very prevalent in these cultures.

Sake (did you know there are 400 hundred taste/smell profiles for sake???) and obviously goes great with sushi
Soju Lets just say I had a lot of fun at the korean karaoke bar because of lemon soju
Beer (Japanese beers = oishii desuyo)

Granted, taken in too much quantity, it's very bad for you; but I'd like to think that I can enjoy a little bit now and then. Sorry for straying off the topic.

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 7th, '05, 02:48

I think Drinking and Smoking turns on a women..

Drinking is nice, because u know how hardcore she is!
I don't smoke, but man, imaging.a women who is smoking while you are in bed!!!! that some new..hahahaha
:alcoholic: :w00t:
Last edited by gsr_raver on Dec 7th, '05, 02:53, edited 1 time in total.

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Dec 7th, '05, 02:49

I have a girl friend who made a list of qualities she likes in her ideal guy.

It's 4 pages long.....

That's a turn-off...

When a girl has an exact mental picture of every single qualities she expects from a guy in order to give him a chance to date her.

I have no preconception of the type of girls I'd date. As long as we "click", there should be no problem to at least give it a try to see if something can come out of that spark.

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Dec 7th, '05, 02:54

I'm at odds with smoking; considering how addictive nicotine is, I find it hard to blame someone for smoking since many starts when they're young and slightly immature.

But for that same reason, I would never want to do it. Too many people around me can't help smoking at least a pack a day. And those who have quit still have intense craving when they're drinking or stressed out.

Burnt clothes, yellow teeth, bad BO, no thank you.[/spoiler]

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » Dec 7th, '05, 03:05

this goes to show...how shallow everyone is...(including me^___^;;)

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 7th, '05, 03:18

this is just too funny... I haven't read every single posts, but from the looks of it, there's already a debate! that's too funny! everyone .. hmm .. the guys really.. you all have very high standards.. understandable that you think you're qualified to have these perfect "women" .. but ever thought that one day.. you'll bend one or two of your rules once the right girl comes along?

Midnight
Canada

Post by Midnight » Dec 7th, '05, 03:24

A superficial, stereotypical, tongue-in-cheek look at turn offs.

1. That sloppy, I-just-got-up-and-forgot-to-wash-my-face/hair/clothes look isn’t appealing; it was never appealing.
2. If you can’t hold your liquor then don’t drink so much; hosing you off after you’ve had one too many beers is not anyone’s idea of a fun date.
3. If your arms are as dark as a piece of rotisserie gold, but your torso is paler than the mashed potatoes, you need to start investing in some serious sun block.
4. If you don’t have enough facial hair to make a decent 5 o’clock shadow, shave it all off. You’re not fooling anyone with that peach fuzz you call a mustache.
5. You think it’s okay for you to lay on the couch and whine like a baby when you have the sniffles, but when I’m running a fever, I still have to go out in sub-zero temperatures to buy groceries or else your feeble-minded friends will starve.
6. Some brunettes can pass themselves off as blondes or vice versa, but if your daddy’s Chinese, your mommy’s Chinese and your grandparents are Chinese, you do not look natural as a blonde.
7. Too fat… I mean big-boned, because unless a guy is as wide as he is tall, no one ever calls him fat.
8. Too skinny: you don’t have to be built like a tank, but you shouldn’t be built like a stick either.
9. Too feminine: Everyone mistakes you for my sister because you look better in my clothes than I do.
10. Men who can’t cook, clean or do any other household chore because their mommies/grannies/aunties do it all for them.

aNiX

Post by aNiX » Dec 7th, '05, 03:30

This one girl that I really liked turned me off because she was always surrounded by guys. I have this feeling that our relationship will not last very long. Then I never did anything to get with her. Then she got with my friend. Soon after about 3 or 4 months together. She cheated on her boyfriend and slept with another guy for a month before she confessed. They broke up for a few days and got bac together again. Now she will not get any full trust anymore. It's just hard to accept a girl that is surrounded by guys (surrounded meaning that its all guys and barely have any girl friends. A ratio of 1: 10.) Hangs around with guys too =/ She messed up my heart.. but I got over her during summer.

RoninAngel

Turn offs...

Post by RoninAngel » Dec 7th, '05, 03:51

I could mention a laundry list of common ones but I figure its better to go fo something different

1. Women who do not know music
Music feeds the soul

2. Women who have no hobbies
Passion for art especially turns me on

3. Women who validate themselves by others opinions
Self- confidence or atleast self-awareness is a huge turn on

4. Women who aren't comfortable "enough" with thier bodies.
I'm not saying I want a stripper, I'm saying I want a girl who wont have to cover herself up while Im in bed with her cause she's nervous she doesn't look good. The reason I've got her naked is cause she looks good! Duh!

cheers!

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Dec 7th, '05, 03:52

aNiX wrote:This one girl that I really liked turned me off because she was always surrounded by guys. I have this feeling that our relationship will not last very long. Then I never did anything to get with her. Then she got with my friend. Soon after about 3 or 4 months together. She cheated on her boyfriend and slept with another guy for a month before she confessed. They broke up for a few days and got bac together again. Now she will not get any full trust anymore. It's just hard to accept a girl that is surrounded by guys (surrounded meaning that its all guys and barely have any girl friends. A ratio of 1: 10.) Hangs around with guys too =/ She messed up my heart.. but I got over her during summer.
ahhh that was sad aNix.. i never thought those kind of girls existed not unless if she's a slut... but on the other side, most guys do that right? that when it comes to the point their relationship became so dull, they tend to cheat than telling his girl to break the relationship (considering some fact that girl should be the one to break it up)... that's a turn off...

hmmp i think you should be very careful in choosing a girl.. dont fell that easily because that's pretty hard to mend.

tofu_lady

Post by tofu_lady » Dec 7th, '05, 04:03

Daijoubu wrote:I have a girl friend who made a list of qualities she likes in her ideal guy.

It's 4 pages long.....

That's a turn-off...

When a girl has an exact mental picture of every single qualities she expects from a guy in order to give him a chance to date her.
My friend has one of those! :crazy: except hers is only half a page double-spaced :P

Tekkanano

Post by Tekkanano » Dec 7th, '05, 04:12

Ooo, i just had to respond! This was from a friend of mine.

One of his turnoffs is when he really has to say, "What's that thing between your legs; it's scaring me!"

My personal pet peeve is girls pay for almost everything! Do I look that poor or are you trying to get me between your legs?

dragon_image18

Post by dragon_image18 » Dec 7th, '05, 04:24

I don't get turned off by any distinct character trait. It is hard to discriminate people by a personality type or a physical aspect that they have no control over.

What does turn me off is the girl not being honest or truthful about themelves. The ugliest thing about a person would be the fact that they feel they need to lie about who they are or where they are from.

What turns me on is that the girl is honestly happy with their life.... not to the point that their think thay are all that, but to accept who they are (the good and the bad) and live their life through thier happiness.

PS...Philosophy Minor

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Dec 7th, '05, 04:35

know what i've noticed some guys here were so unbeatable with their standards. i dont like guys who seemed to be so perfect with themselves to get grip with a 'perfect girl' that in a sense they were so unrealistic.. it turns me off at some point. :XD

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Dec 7th, '05, 05:20

Valcun wrote:
these are just goals. Most guys who post their turn offs on here are "Ideal" or how to so say, goals. Even girls have ranking systems but you just don't realize it. "Ugly", "Ok" "Decent" "Kind of Cute" "HOT". No one is really suppose to obtain these things, no one ever can. The main basis for this thread is to look at all the things that turn the opposite sex off...
as much as i abhorred valcun's list, i have to agree with him on this. viewing this thread as a listing of goals made me dislike his list of 30 a teensy bit less, emphasis on the teensy bit. everyone has a picture of the ideal mate in their head, it's just too bad that valcun will never find his with all those standards of his :P (j/k)

dana

Post by dana » Dec 7th, '05, 06:03

Since you guys talk so much in LOOK I like to share a story with you. Please don't take this story too personallly. IT'S JUST fun reading... and discontinue reading if you are not comfortable and no nasty comments.

FRIEND ASK: So you're dating M. for her looks... Is that it?

BOYFRIEND: HMM.. I DUNNO. i mean, I'd rather date a pretty girl than an ugly one...

GIRLFRIEND eavesdrop:( think to herself) What's that supposed to mean?! (Angry!) I'm so sorry you can only find virtue in my looks!!

LATER IN THE rESTAURANT with her boyf.

GIRLFRIEND ask: IF i get fat, will u break up with me.

BOYFRIEND: huh? What the heck?

GIRFRIEND: i don't care. I'll get as Fat as I can!! And then I'll find my true love!!! YEP. I'm gonna find a guy who doesn't care what i look like... One who's charmed by who I am on the inside. The kind of guy who wouldn't mind datind a fat woman... Because he know what true beauty is.
... Because that's what TRUE LOVE IS!!!

BOYFRIEND: NO. IT ISN'T. That's just the FANTASY OF A FAT GIRL.

GIRLFRIEND: I can't believe he just said that.

BOYFRIEND: FACE IT! Given the option, even a perfect guy would rather date a PRETTY girl with a beautiful heart than an UGLY girl with a beautiful hear.

GIRLFREIND: That's not TRUE....

BOYRIEND: YOU ALREADY KNOW IT IS. That 's why you wanted to be pretty isn't it?
...Instead of staying as plain as you were .
Anyway it's more than just Looks. I prefer a woman who makEs an effect over a woman who doesn't care anymore. (Am i not allow my preference?)
If you don't take pride in yourself as a woman, you're just not gonna turn any heads. Plain and Simple.

Yes, even i think this boyfriend is too much...But the truth alway hurt. So girls don't take it if you don't believe it . Break up or rethink it over.

***Look and personality is what most guys even girls like to obtain in their partner... But can we ever find it?? It depend on taste i guess. I don't know because i having find mine yet.

:P
Last edited by dana on Dec 7th, '05, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Dec 7th, '05, 06:39

dishonesty
egocentrism
lack of kindness
lack of a sense of humor
lack of manners (and i'm not just talking table manners here)

those would be deal-breakers for me...
people can have quirks and imperfections, but i draw the line at behaviour that effectually makes others miserable...

this obviously doesn't just hold for romantic relationships...

on that, i agree that looks are a big part of initial attraction, but not everyone you fall in love with is someone you had to initially be attracted to... with complete strangers, looks ARE everything at first... but that doesn't mean he or she is someone you could fall for...
and someone you meet through friends or social events who is, relatively speaking, plain to look at at first, may just turn out to have all the qualities that could make them just perfect for you...
i've noticed that a great personality has a way of shifting the outward perspective, unless that person is so far out of the spectrum of what i find attractive that no amount of personality helps, a plain guy can start looking pretty damn fine... :lol

beer

Post by beer » Dec 7th, '05, 08:41

superficiality and intolerance

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Dec 7th, '05, 08:47

beer wrote:superficiality and intolerance
darn, i forgot intolerance in my list... :lol

but superficiality is a good point too...

v1rgi3

Post by v1rgi3 » Dec 7th, '05, 09:36

PLAYERS AND CHEATERS

lol... also, i hate those guys who are just so judgemental... and that likes those super skinny girls... omg...

i knew this guy who tot paris hilton wasn't skinny enough... and nicole richie is just right...

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 7th, '05, 10:10

I was talking to my X, i remenber something.

A MAJOR TURN OFF WHEN HE OR SHE SPRAY 3+ OF Cologne.!!!! If you can smell it 4 feet away.. TURN OFF...

i don't mind Cologne.when i'm i next to the person. not when i'm like 4 feet distance and can smell it strong..eWWWwWWWWWW :pale:

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Dec 7th, '05, 10:32

notice in most movies , asian or what movies, whenever the guy falls in love with a girl... like he chases a girl or whatever she's always smokingly hot... yes thats rite... hawt. its all about the looks baby....

for me... when i meet a girl or see a girl... there is only two options, LIKE em or DONT like em... plain and simple.
If they arent too ugly, they have potential for me to chase em... if they are just not the type of person i wanna be seeing everyday.... then i would stay at a 10 meter radius away from them....
there is no chance that her personality can really win over my heart after she's already in the NEVER STAND A CHANCE catagory.......even if she saves my life, buys presents for my siblings, treats me out... my feelings wont develope..im an as.s yet again.

If there is a pretty girl but she's really obnoxious or annoying or dumb or whatever, sure those really turn me off but she's so damn pretty i'll try to overlook it as much as possible as long as i enjoy being with her most of the time... until i cant stand her anymore.. but then again her hawtness will usually seduce me and make me quiver against her whip.

I know i talk like i'd only go for those uber chicks but dats not the truth, most of the girls i've chased were normal looking girls who didnt have 100 guys chasing em.. They just were normal looking, NOT ugly, can be cute most of the times, but definitely not catagorize as hot.

there was this girl I really liked years back, why did i like her? NOt because of her looks actually, surprising eh? I was interested in the fact that she had a TWIN, haha anyways yeah. We talked on phone and such and go to know eachother. Yeah i grew fond of her, hung out a few times and she was so nice so my feelings grew from her being such an angel not because of her looks.

what i've been trying to say thruout all my post is that in majority of situations, if ur ugly, u better fix it or get a talent or find a mate in the same LOOKS department.

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Dec 7th, '05, 10:53

Schala wrote:
Kirari wrote: I mean, guys don't like hair on girls. Why do we have to like hair on them.
Hear hear! I don't like body hair at all, on guys or girls. x_X But I wouldn't make a guy shave his arms or legs, but if he did, that would be a nice bonus. ^o^
yes, finally somebody understands me. Guys don't really have to shave their arms and legs for me, just their arm pits. I find it absolutely unhygienic, especially in the summer. When they wear those sleeveless T-shirts, and you can see the weed coming out from their arms >_<

v1rgi3

Post by v1rgi3 » Dec 7th, '05, 12:53

Kirari wrote:
Schala wrote:
Kirari wrote: I mean, guys don't like hair on girls. Why do we have to like hair on them.
Hear hear! I don't like body hair at all, on guys or girls. x_X But I wouldn't make a guy shave his arms or legs, but if he did, that would be a nice bonus. ^o^
yes, finally somebody understands me. Guys don't really have to shave their arms and legs for me, just their arm pits. I find it absolutely unhygienic, especially in the summer. When they wear those sleeveless T-shirts, and you can see the weed coming out from their arms >_<
OMG.. I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE TALKING ABOUT HAIR ELSEWHERE... LOL

Schala

Post by Schala » Dec 7th, '05, 12:53

Kirari wrote:
:crazy: Nice imagery there....x_X

Yeah, that's gross. At least trim or something. ;_;

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 7th, '05, 16:17

Kirari wrote:Guys don't really have to shave their arms and legs for me, just their arm pits. I find it absolutely unhygienic, especially in the summer. When they wear those sleeveless T-shirts, and you can see the weed coming out from their arms >_<
I've always been told that if guys shave their arm pits, they not masculine. Yea...my dad told me that when I was still a kid.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 7th, '05, 17:05

pRincEton giRL wrote:know what i've noticed some guys here were so unbeatable with their standards. i dont like guys who seemed to be so perfect with themselves to get grip with a 'perfect girl' that in a sense they were so unrealistic.. it turns me off at some point. :XD
Think we found one of Ashley's turn-off's :lol
Well though I agree with you, there is one little standard I was reminded I have, this morning on the subway.

I dont really mind people who have some slight obesity or problems with weight.
Also, if people are happy with it, thats one thing, but it doesn't flloat my boat if you know what I mean.

One thing that is a BIIIIIIIG turn off though, I have to say, is when you see a clearly overweight gal, dressed in tight jeans and a far to short top where it hangs over the sides... Not so much this picture alone, but it's early morning and their having their breakfast on the run, eating while sitting on the subway.

Not so much, eating on the subway too, but what they eat is a big greasy doughnut or danish, where the crumbs are flying all over the place.

Uuuuuaaack XD it's so gross. Makes me not wanna see another doughnut or danish for a week.

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Dec 7th, '05, 18:15

what turns me off?....here's my list:

1. guys with bad breath/hygiene
2. guys that don’t respect elders
3. wanna be ghetto guys/gang bangers when they’re not
4. guys who gossip/talk a lot of **** (i really can’t stand these types of guys)
5. guys who are lazy (they don’t go to school or have a job)
6. guys who don’t have goals (all they want to do is stick with their factory job that pays them $11/ hour and think that they are set for life)
7. stalkers/clingy types….same with girls I hate girls who always depend on their boyfriends for EVERYTHING….
8. guys that spend all of their money on drugs!!

…..and I think that might be it…..might be more later on but for now that’s all that turns me off….

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Dec 7th, '05, 20:43

gsr_raver wrote:I was talking to my X, i remenber something.

A MAJOR TURN OFF WHEN HE OR SHE SPRAY 3+ OF Cologne.!!!! If you can smell it 4 feet away.. TURN OFF...

i don't mind Cologne.when i'm i next to the person. not when i'm like 4 feet distance and can smell it strong..eWWWwWWWWWW :pale:
hahaha...i agree!...total head rush...you'll smell the cologne before you see them coming! :lol

dEvIlDuDe

Post by dEvIlDuDe » Dec 7th, '05, 20:53

Techie the one wit the not so thin comment wearing tight pants and tops...yes I've seen that in HS and I was like "what the F***??!@!2" ...
Me doesn't have that much...
What turns me off are wannabes (eg^^^) not hygenic, bitchy, maybe smokers, quiet type and not so funny/humor-ous(not much of a turn off since there's no such thing coz when you get to know them they'll be not like that)...I don't pick girls much from their looks but I pick em for their personality( sweet girls I like... one in junior hs not so good looking but I find her smile gorgeous and she's very sweet...if only I didn't have to move here in US maybe wed be a couple)...
Last edited by dEvIlDuDe on Dec 7th, '05, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 7th, '05, 20:54

pRincEton giRL wrote:
aNiX wrote:This one girl that I really liked turned me off because she was always surrounded by guys. I have this feeling that our relationship will not last very long. Then I never did anything to get with her. Then she got with my friend. Soon after about 3 or 4 months together. She cheated on her boyfriend and slept with another guy for a month before she confessed. They broke up for a few days and got bac together again. Now she will not get any full trust anymore. It's just hard to accept a girl that is surrounded by guys (surrounded meaning that its all guys and barely have any girl friends. A ratio of 1: 10.) Hangs around with guys too =/ She messed up my heart.. but I got over her during summer.
ahhh that was sad aNix.. i never thought those kind of girls existed not unless if she's a slut... but on the other side, most guys do that right?
<,,,--- screeching halt here...

Hmm not sure I got exactly what Ashley was saying but...

With the fear of starting a debate about something totally different, it is actually, based on psychology surveys at a Swedish university, much more common that women cheat as a way out of a relationship, than guys cheat at all.

Anyway, it's still a definite turnoff and I can clearly relate to aNix point in this case.

Another turnoff, but not as bad is, women who cannot talk to their partner.

I mean, whats the purpose of talking to your ex-boyfriend about your current boyfriend?
That's just so weird in my mind, no matter how "good friends" you are.

I think, it's a matter of self confidence perhaps, simply put "If you have question about your partner, ask your partner. The least you can expect is an honest reply and then you'll know"

Perhaps it's a fear of really finding out the truth to a question you have.

From the partners point of view, I think nobody would feel to appreciated knowing your partner cant even talk to you. hmmm

well nuff said.
After all it's not the turn-off Ranting thread :lol

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Dec 7th, '05, 21:06

mrs_xaiko wrote:what turns me off?....here's my list:

3. wanna be ghetto guys/gang bangers when they’re not
5. guys who are lazy (they don’t go to school or have a job)
6. guys who don’t have goals (all they want to do is stick with their factory job that pays
so lil mrs xaiko, for #3, are u saying u like or get turned on by ghetto guys/gang bangers when they really are?? Im sure u mean you hate ghetto guys/gang bangers period... cuz i sure do, i just wanna tie em up and smack em on the forehead for 10 minutes.

lazy guys = most of my friends... sadly...
went to play hockey with my buddies yesturday and before we started, they were having a convo and saying stuff like... how they feel like they haven't done anything in life since highschool. No reputable education after highschool, working the odd jobs here and there, and most of the time just sleeping in. which i havent done since forever. yea so its been about 3.5 years after highscool ended so u can see how bad it is, they're just BUMS~ and they know it.

one of my best friends who i just shoot hoops with at night just to relieve stress, he says he feels like he's in LIMBO. after highschool his girlfriend dumped him, he applied for post secondary, wait list for 2 years (did nuttin for those 2 years, maybe part time job dat only last for a few weeks), got into school, quit after the first week. Applied for auto machanic school, says he finished it but he cant find a job and its been over a year now so he's wasted his money there. so now he's just errr.. i dunno bumming around still...and his family isnt rich, they're quite poor and with 3 other siblings who are graduating soon and another in college and he;s the oldest, he feels like he's in LIMBO. He brought it upon his self since he was always skipping class and slacking off in highschool, we are best friends but worlds apart in academic standings. I could say the same about my other friend who is Even a bigger bum...

sorta went off topic haha but yah........ doing nothing in life is a really big turn off, what most people need more than looks and a good personality later in a relationship is security.

can't wait for a highschool reunion, see how many of my school mates have stayed bums or became drug dealers lol.

pe3kabo0

Post by pe3kabo0 » Dec 7th, '05, 21:13

-moany guys.. like everything they dont like they will start moaning about it.
-guys who are too clingy- i need air
-guys who are really into sex- theres more to life than sex
-when guys start calling me "baby", "sweetie" and other names.. like i have a proper name. please use it.
-talk to much
-bad body odours
-hairy- i dno.. just the thought of the sweat.. it makes me run a mile
-guys who force you into stuff- im not big into kissing on the first date, but a lot of guys are
-guys say "i love you" too quickly- i wish it was that easy

and more.. gosh.. could be here till tomorow!

doc_tomoe

Post by doc_tomoe » Dec 7th, '05, 21:15

I'm turned off by girls with no tan at all ... and by blondes .. mhh .. and by tight clothes ..mhh ... and face paint

und Bier

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Dec 7th, '05, 21:30

yea flynvballer....thats what i meant....to me its just a major turn off when guys are wanna be gangsters when their not......and the worst part is they're everywhere!!...haha......

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 7th, '05, 21:54

my turn offs.. a partial list... [keep in mind, it's just a turn off, but I do bend some of these once I really like a person]

-guys who constantly stares at himself in the mirror [that's really really annoying, especially when we're walking beside each other, this guy would literally turn his head towards the mirror - or anything where you can see his reflection- and just continue to stare at himself]

-someone who doesn't know what they want in life [once you 20+ old, you need to figure out where you want your life to go.. at least that's how I see it]

-guys who's more feminine than me

-guys who can't play sports [I like to play one-on-one w/ my b/f, but if he doesn't know or refuse to play one-on-one w/ me.. I find that pathetic]

-guys with bad hygeine [just b/c you're a guy doesn't mean you can't take care of yourself]

-someone who doesn't know anything about the world except what movies came out.. and food

-lunatics -guys who threatens their g/f about breaking up with them [damn.. I went out with this puerto rican guy.. he freaked me out when he told me that if ever I break it off w/ him, he'll track down my new b/f and f*ck him up.. scary thing there.. he really did... that was the end of me ever being interested in spanish guys]

-guys who scrubs off their g/f [50/50 on dates is the way to go]

-guys who relies every single thing on you! when they could do that sh*t themselves... damn I really hate that

-party guys [they can go out, but I'd like it if they'd sit back and watch a movie once in a while]

-guys who can't dress [xaiko- I'm w/ you there, that gangster look and persona is so over with]

-guys who believe everthing they do and say is right

-guys who are way too sweet

-guys who try to keep you on check [damn I can handle myself... you know?!]

-guys who has a bad personality

-couch potatoes/bums [they need to be active]

-guys who have no patience whatsoever

-guys who make decisions based on what their friends say .. [example.. career choice.. they'd go for the same major as his friend, even though it's not to his liking]

* I admit looks play a role in who I tend to check out... but I've had a fair share of ugly guys who I liked equally as much.. but that's b/c their personality made up for it

aNiX

Post by aNiX » Dec 7th, '05, 22:42

pRincEton giRL wrote:
ahhh that was sad aNix.. i never thought those kind of girls existed not unless if she's a slut... but on the other side, most guys do that right? that when it comes to the point their relationship became so dull, they tend to cheat than telling his girl to break the relationship (considering some fact that girl should be the one to break it up)... that's a turn off...

hmmp i think you should be very careful in choosing a girl.. dont fell that easily because that's pretty hard to mend.
Thanks. True, guys do that too. But I'm not one of them. If something like that would happen, then I'll be honest. That's what relationship is all about right? Honesty. But yeah, I do pay attention when I comes to girls that I like or start dating. Don't know I should consider her having over 12 boyfriends a slut :goggle: . But one weakness of her is that she wants to find love so bad.. Even over education and family.

Schala

Post by Schala » Dec 7th, '05, 23:32

techie wrote: One thing that is a BIIIIIIIG turn off though, I have to say, is when you see a clearly overweight gal, dressed in tight jeans and a far to short top where it hangs over the sides...
Ugh. Agreed. I'm so sick of the overweight girls that think even though they're overweight, they can fit into a size 4. x_X

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 7th, '05, 23:34

Schala wrote:
techie wrote: One thing that is a BIIIIIIIG turn off though, I have to say, is when you see a clearly overweight gal, dressed in tight jeans and a far to short top where it hangs over the sides...
Ugh. Agreed. I'm so sick of the overweight girls that think even though they're overweight, they can fit into a size 4. x_X
Yep, i'm big too, but i do somethings like Big girls, but when i seem those kind. I'm sorry, but i gotta look away.. For the sake of ----- LOOK AWAY!!!!

It's also so funnie, Because i go to DEB... sometimes with girlfriends, and I ways seem those kinda girls fitting clothes witht eh some small size on.. OMFG go to the larger size PLZ!! It reminds me of White Chicks(the movie). but with larger girls!
Last edited by gsr_raver on Dec 7th, '05, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 7th, '05, 23:35

Schala wrote:
So true, and to those guys who had a problem with weight issues being a turn off...

Bet they woudln't kick Marylyn Monroe out of bed, had they had a chance with her.
And she was a size 16... :whistling: (US size that is)

Schala

Post by Schala » Dec 7th, '05, 23:42

gsr_raver wrote: Yep, i'm big too, but i do somethings like Big girls, but when i seem those kind. I'm sorry, but i gotta look away.. For the sake of ----- LOOK AWAY!!!!

It's also so funnie, Because i go to DEB... sometimes with girlfriends, and I ways seem those kinda girls fitting clothes witht eh some small size on.. OMFG go to the larger size PLZ!! It reminds me of White Chicks(the movie). but with larger girls!
Yeah. I'm overweight as well, but jeeze, at least I have taste, and KNOW I'm not going to fit into a size 4. Ugh. x_X

You shop at DEB? Hm...you must not be that big then, because I always thought they only sold like size 6 and under. XP I remember when I went in there once and saw a size 0....that almost made me cry. T_T How is that even possible?! That's like...non-existant!

EDIT: Oh wait! You went with friends, but don't actually shop there because you're a guy. I missed that. Sorry! XD

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » Dec 8th, '05, 00:17

When a guy looks like he is packing some serious heat.
But when he pulls it out it's only 3 or 4 inches long. :cussing:

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 8th, '05, 00:44

I think some of you watch too much drama. :lol Sure those women are smokin' hot, but they aren't the norm, and I don't think they are that easy to get, either, even if it is true that women seem to prefer personality (read: money) to looks.

On that topic, I think it is very interesting how television influences what you look for in a partner. Before I started watching Asian drama, I was attracted to Asian men, but I didn't actually prefer to them to white or black men. Like most girls, I wasn't born lusting after Asians. Now that I've been watching mostly Asian dramas and movies for a year, I go for Asian men first and foremost, because it's now Asian actors I lust for. Media presence influences us a great deal. It surprises me again and again whenever I get the time to stop and look at myself. :unsure:

Other than what media does to me, I'm pretty open to most kind of men. The only thing I dislike being aggressive men, men with a nasty temper and men who drink. My father was like that and I've had enough of that type.

Other than that, I try not to have a too vivid image of my dream guy in my head. I want to be surprised by whom I'll end up with, and I'm romantic enough to believe that I'll just know it when the right one comes along. (see the influence of drama? :D )

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Dec 8th, '05, 00:58

what turns me off?
the switch located on my back between my shoulder blades

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Dec 8th, '05, 01:13

Things that turns me off...

Any guy who

1. Smokes, do drugs
2. Lacks sense of humor + can't communicate
3. Lies, bullies (violently, but suppose for fun... Acceptable)
4. Is not bold, straightforward, undecisive (weak)
5. Gets angry (yelling at ppl, not being reasonable) or jealous so
quicky
6. Thinks highly of himself, boasts abt himself... Skills qualification
he possesses (not humbled)
7. Refuses to worship Jehovah / Doesn't take part in Jehovah's Witness
8. Is not immune to cruel, harsh comments or conversation
(oversenstive)
10. Argues too much, disagrees w/ me
11. Doesn't like kids
12. Is dumb, I'd rather have "not-bad" OKAAAY looking guy if his looking
doesn't bother me w/ witty brain than a dumb person
13. Works in a fast-paced (hard worker), well-timed loaded with a lot of
energy as possible as he could (doesn't nessecarily requires a bicep or
tricep, bcuz whatever I don't care for those.... Just in fit shape,
little chubby won't hurt but not that fat) :P
14. Goes out partying too much... Or doing things that is a great deal
of waste time
15. Doesn't like/love to travel all over the world (even so at 17, I
love traveling! When I was younger, I always wanted to travel anywhere
as much as I can.)
16. Isn't treacherous, mischievous (not in bad ways, its fun pulling
pranks or whatever)
17. Is scared to take risks (as long as the action doesn't go aganist
Jehovah's will)
18. Doesn't show respects for elders (old ppl, we'll be old one day!)
19. Looks down on people, big-headed, altered-ego, conceited, low
self-eseteem
20. Doesn't accept particular races/skins including disabled (deaf,
handicapped), blinded, mentally-retarded, ppl w/ diseases, as well as
his enemies (He has to love them all, no matter what)
21. Is greedy
22. Has no patience, often gets fed-up
23. Can handle himself, he's a big boy. :D

And the list goes on...
I know, I am picky...? :P Sorry, I was being honest... What can I say? :thumright:

nezumi

Post by nezumi » Dec 8th, '05, 01:20

im totally put off by people take advantage of others kindness repeatedly and never reciprocate

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Dec 8th, '05, 01:55

i'm not really going to mention every single turn off... most should be understood... like personal hygine, bad breath, etc...
But what really turns me off is when a guy starts talking like a BABY.. Yep!! The BABY TALK...ewwww *give's me the chills... It's funny watching other people do it, such as your favorite actors do it ... but when it's your boyfriend... for me, personally, I don't like it... I prefer them all Manly and MACHO and can kick Butt. There should be only ONE baby in a relationship, and that's ME!!! .. I can't even get my self do it... It's nice to act CUTE sometimes... but Guys!!! please, DO NOT DO THE BABY TALK!!! :cry:

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 8th, '05, 02:04

Ahahaha! lil_bubot, I know exactly what you mean. That is just boderline weird!

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Dec 8th, '05, 02:11

when the guy ask you out for a date then started talking bout his past relationships... *eeewwww* :crazy: :nuts: or when the conversation is really boring then things would lead to something like that... :x

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 8th, '05, 02:17

pRincEton giRL wrote:when the guy ask you out for a date then started talking bout his past relationships... *eeewwww* :crazy: :nuts: or when the conversation is really boring then things would lead to something like that... :x
awww! I hope you weren't put through that torment! it is ridiculous if the guy ask you out and he ends up talking about his past relationships... it's like all he really wanted to begin with is a spare ear to listen to him.. that's just damn right pathetic. :cussing:

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 8th, '05, 02:19

what turns me off are all the women in this thread. j/k :P

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 8th, '05, 02:23

Valcun, you really are special aren't you?! I'd love to see you fall for a girl opposite of everything you had on your list [well maybe at least half]. :P

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 8th, '05, 05:51

Valcun wrote:what turns me off are all the women in this thread. j/k :P
my gosh... you are really disgusting.

skrhgh3b

Post by skrhgh3b » Dec 8th, '05, 05:55

pRincEton giRL wrote:when the guy ask you out for a date then started talking bout his past relationships... *eeewwww* :crazy: :nuts: or when the conversation is really boring then things would lead to something like that... :x
woah. i've got to stop doing that lol

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » Dec 8th, '05, 19:03

greenrocks wrote:Things that turns me off...

Any guy who

1. Smokes, do drugs
quicky
(oversenstive)
11. Doesn't like kids
of waste time
as much as I can.)
pranks or whatever)
Jehovah's will)
self-eseteem
21. Is greedy

And the list goes on...
I know, I am picky...? :P Sorry, I was being honest... What can I say? :thumright:
Looks like you'll be single for a loooooong time. :lol :salut:

dEvIlDuDe

Post by dEvIlDuDe » Dec 8th, '05, 21:38

no way you are a witness greenrocks?

better rephrase that paniolagirl coz as I see, most witnesses end up in very good relationships(iit ain t hard to find one of those in the congregation)... and I know she'll hate me since I'm a lil stubborn when it comes to that... I'm taking lil steps tho and doing bibles studies...
And is it ok to use Jehovah's name in here(i mean since I'm still a newb just curious) ??

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Dec 8th, '05, 21:40

skrhgh3b wrote:
woah. i've got to stop doing that lol
I ONLY DO THAT TO GIRLS WHO I DONT WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP, MY WAY OF BLOWING EM OFF BY TELLING THEM HOW BAD I AM

turn off or not they still come...lol j/k
turn offs are just things u wouldnt like to see in a person, doesnt mean that person isnt a potential candidate.

archs13

Post by archs13 » Dec 8th, '05, 22:46

hm..my turnoffs would be too much piercings in werd places ha ha (nose, eyebrows wherever besides the ears) and...
HER PSYCHO FAMILY MEMBERS!!!

other than that.. i dont really know much ha ha)

archs13

Post by archs13 » Dec 8th, '05, 22:48

oh yeah.... bad hygiene too of course ha ha

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Dec 9th, '05, 00:04

It would be a big turn off if the person stinks, or anything related to bad hygiene. Also if the person does drugs. :-)

cerberus

Post by cerberus » Dec 9th, '05, 00:33

Lets see.....

Yeah, i think that pretty much sums it up *shivers*

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 9th, '05, 01:05

greenrocks wrote:Things that turns me off...

Any guy who

1. Smokes, do drugs
quicky
(oversenstive)
11. Doesn't like kids
of waste time
as much as I can.)
pranks or whatever)
Jehovah's will)
self-eseteem
21. Is greedy

And the list goes on...
Hey, we should hook up! Haha! J/k :P

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Dec 9th, '05, 01:13

flynvballer wrote:I ONLY DO THAT TO GIRLS WHO I DONT WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP, MY WAY OF BLOWING EM OFF BY TELLING THEM HOW BAD I AM
oh that what disgusting, dont you know? then why ask a girl out if you dont feel liking her or what...??? in your end you will never be happy because 'revenge' had filled up your mind and heart. .. or telling the whole world how 'bad' you are.. then what if you fell for a girl and she doesnt like you? would that be a sweet revenge on your deeds?? perhaps, it reflects on your doings too. so better be careful. we always end up feelin remorse or regretful.

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Dec 9th, '05, 04:14

pRincEton giRL wrote:
flynvballer wrote:I ONLY DO THAT TO GIRLS WHO I DONT WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP, MY WAY OF BLOWING EM OFF BY TELLING THEM HOW BAD I AM
oh that what disgusting, dont you know? then why ask a girl out if you dont feel liking her or what...??? in your end you will never be happy because 'revenge' had filled up your mind and heart. .. or telling the whole world how 'bad' you are.. then what if you fell for a girl and she doesnt like you? would that be a sweet revenge on your deeds?? perhaps, it reflects on your doings too. so better be careful. we always end up feelin remorse or regretful.
what i was saying before was... if i can sense a girl wanting to get to know me better when i dont feel the same way, i usually bring out my manwhore side and tell em stories about how a bad boy i am .,.. when im not really, honestly. And do i feel bad or whatever?? no never, if ur someone who i cant imagine going out with then i would never change my feelings for them. I dunno how to explain it... i do but it'll be too long and i'd have to type even longer than my previous posts..

im just an OTAKO posting crap on the net! haha oh man

dana

Post by dana » Dec 9th, '05, 04:56

flynvballer wrote:
pRincEton giRL wrote:
what i was saying before was... if i can sense a girl wanting to get to know me better when i dont feel the same way, i usually bring out my manwhore side and tell em stories about how a bad boy i am .,.. when im not really, honestly. And do i feel bad or whatever?? no never, if ur someone who i cant imagine going out with then i would never change my feelings for them. I dunno how to explain it... i do but it'll be too long and i'd have to type even longer than my previous posts..

So confident in yourself and what u want from a girls you like or dislike. IS there anywhere in between? :glare:

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Dec 9th, '05, 05:02

dana wrote:
flynvballer wrote:
pRincEton giRL wrote: oh that what disgusting, dont you know? then why ask a girl out if you dont feel liking her or what...??? in your end you will never be happy because 'revenge' had filled up your mind and heart. .. or telling the whole world how 'bad' you are.. then what if you fell for a girl and she doesnt like you? would that be a sweet revenge on your deeds?? perhaps, it reflects on your doings too. so better be careful. we always end up feelin remorse or regretful.

So confident in yourself and what u want from a girls you like or dislike. IS there anywhere in between? :glare:
anywhere in between?? what do u mean?? wat im saying is that i cant gain feelings for someone if when the first time i met them, i didnt like their attitude , yes their looks, or anything then i wont gain feelings for them, im very stubburn like dat. But if i met smoeone but i didnt gain feelings for them except that i think they look nice, they are pretty cool.. so therefore they're on my potential to be someone i would go for in the future even tho i dont even care about em. as long as their on my my negative never gain feelings for side. and the girls who are on my never gain feelings for side are usually just regular friends im with, go hang out, go movies, play some vball, beach, even go to my house and chill... i dont dislike girls unless they done something for me to dislike them, just the girls who dont fall int omy like catagory i assume would be in my in between side??

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Dec 9th, '05, 05:15

flynvballer wrote:what i was saying before was... if i can sense a girl wanting to get to know me better when i dont feel the same way, i usually bring out my manwhore side and tell em stories about how a bad boy i am .,.. when im not really, honestly. And do i feel bad or whatever?? no never, if ur someone who i cant imagine going out with then i would never change my feelings for them. I dunno how to explain it... i do but it'll be too long and i'd have to type even longer than my previous posts..

ah ok. dont need to explain, perhaps i got your point. you must be explaining your side. what i was telling on my previous post that i dont like guys "telling their past relationships" whenever they asked me out for a date. what the heck!!! i never asked a guy out in my entire life.. although we're up ahead on a liberal world, i still value conservatism.

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Dec 9th, '05, 05:20

pRincEton giRL wrote:
flynvballer wrote:what i was saying before was... if i can sense a girl wanting to get to know me better when i dont feel the same way, i usually bring out my manwhore side and tell em stories about how a bad boy i am .,.. when im not really, honestly. And do i feel bad or whatever?? no never, if ur someone who i cant imagine going out with then i would never change my feelings for them. I dunno how to explain it... i do but it'll be too long and i'd have to type even longer than my previous posts..

ah ok. dont need to explain, perhaps i got your point. you must be explaining your side. what i was telling on my previous post that i dont like guys "telling their past relationships" whenever they asked me out for a date. what the heck!!! i never asked a guy out in my entire life.. although we're up ahead on a liberal world, i still value conservatism.
haha ok je comprend.....i suppose if u liked that guy then yea it would suck if he just blabbed about how he went out with those chicks.. either u're get bored or jealous or angry. I dont do that if i like the girl of course. errrrrrrrrrrrrrr cuz im a nice guy

Moenyc2000

Post by Moenyc2000 » Dec 9th, '05, 05:20

Turn off when the girl wont stop calling or instant messaging me. Dammit give me room to breathe.

JoSungMo

Post by JoSungMo » Dec 9th, '05, 05:43

feet

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Dec 9th, '05, 05:55

JoSungMo wrote:feet
:nuts: wazzup with the feet? everyone has feet.. (unless you're disabled or what)

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Dec 9th, '05, 05:59

pRincEton giRL wrote:
JoSungMo wrote:feet
:nuts: wazzup with the feet? everyone has feet.. (unless you're disabled or what)
some feet are really gnastly......
where are ur toe nails! its missing!
ur toes are longer than ur fingerS!!!
many things can be wrong with feet....and can be a turn off

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Dec 9th, '05, 06:07

owkei. i know that. we just have to be specific.